[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Erfworld Bk3 Pg137
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2
Huntress is down
www.erfworld.com

Do anons think anything else should appear in the OP of an erf post?
>>
Good, Artemis already fucked everything up enough as is. Looks like the final Bean is gone too. Are all the regular decrypted dusted at this point?

Anyway we've got Parson w/ Jack and Maggie, Wanda incapacitated on the ground, Marie croaked, and the decrypted Archons veiled and retreating with the Pliers.
>>
I'm sorry but I still cannot rationalize why ANYONE in the magic kingdom of all places would let an unknown caster touch them, let alone CAST ON THEM

Plus isn't combat focused, as to say only damage that occurs is intended damage? why would unaffiliated sides join a combat they have no risk in?
Why not just wait for the think-a-mancers to brain freeze the units? Especially fucking CHARLIE's and Gobwin knob. Why would barbarians let alone, Caster WITH A SIDE, not just let a council handle it?
>>
Fear, anger - a large scale combat has never likely happened in the MK Plus they are worried about Wanda steam rolling them via killing and decryption
>>
That retreat is going to leave a lot of good potential units just going to waste. Which also means no more Marie.
At least Bonnie can potentially keep the pliars safe.
>>
>>45651710
How are they rich?

They just went through combat with charlie and so many units died, and so much money automagicaly transferred, the only outcome it total bankruptcy for both sides, or at least catastrophically for one side.
>>
>>45652377
Charlie is spraying&praying while the others are conserving their shots. Each shot counts as a violation of that contract, so there was a lot of money changing hands.

I would also like to think the blatant lack of a rear sight is a cool reminder that Charlie isn't from actual Earth.
>>
>>45652377
In that combat the GK troops took far more hits than Charlescomm. So they probably even came out of that ahead.
Of course Parson doesn't have any real way of knowing that.
>>
>>45651787
>Looks like the final Bean is gone too
>bottom left panel
>final Bean is gone

do you need glasses? or do you mean, "is about to bite the dust in the crushing aftermath"
>>
This comic would really benefit from a 3x a week update schedule.
>>
>>45652438
>Each shot
I thought only damage counted
How can one assign intent to damage from spray and pray? the vast majority of the bullets won't hit anything

>>45652442
every downed archon has more health than any other single unit on that field, and there are far more downed archons. there is a fucking pile blocking charlies portal
>>
>>45652497
hold on, double checking contract.
>>
>>45652497
>How can one assign intent to damage from spray and pray?
Magic.
Signamancy, specifically.
>>
>>45652545
http://archives.erfworld.com/Book+3/31
section 4 part 1 is very vague at best, but it also seems to be voided by the existence of the captured unit entirely by the capture of Lilith, and her torture. How is that not intentional? Is it not damage?
>>
>>45652497
The contract is slightly open to interpretation, at least until the word of god states it so. It could be understood as each intent to harm, so each shot or single hostile action, would cost money.
If it's not each shot then it's each act of damage. Just each act not each unit of HP. There were more Goblin Knob units that got hit, especially since some just got wounded and were hit multiple times.
And thanks to the linkup every hit GK landed was a prefect one shot one kill, or near enough.
>>
>>45652589
If intention can be identified on spray and pray, how does it even effect any unit it is not intended to hit?
>>
I have NO fucking clue what's going on right now, or what you guys are talking about.

Any anon care to give a synopsis of this series?
>>
>>45652591
thanks mate. I think that was gotten around by the Archon not being a party to the signature.

Contract specifically states command, units under command, allies, hired help. Prisoners don't seem to be covered.
>>
>>45652603
It doesn't, but GK was using a trimancy link to basically set up one hit kills while Charlie was hitting his targets multiple times.

Charlie had more hits than GK did, and the penalty seems to be based off of that.
>>
Seriously, I want this particular mini-arc/battle over already. Can we start Book 4?
>>
>>45651710
Where are the Thinkamancers, Predictamancers, and Hippiemancers? I thought they wanted Parson alive and working to kill Charlie?
>>
>>45652680
Probably once Parson and Co. get to safety.
They'll never be safe again. Charlie's played his hand, he's going to have to go whole hog now.
>>
>>45652497
Got the wording.

"Neither party shall attempt to cause".
Intent factors in right at the start, and from there goes to breach of truce.
>>
>>45652644
Tabletop Gamer from Earth is magically transported to a fantasy world that runs like a turn based strategy game. Using his knowledge of Earth tactics and his own munchkin tendencies he is able to find loopholes in the rules and invent strategies the inhabitants have never seen before.
>>
>>45652686
It's one thing to screen a warlord against a few lousy Carnymancers, it's another thing entirely to try and stop a massive crossfire like this, where attempting anything would probably brand them sympathisers to GK.

God damn it Jojo.
You would have thought by now that no sane person would let a Carny touch them.
>>
>>45652644
Dorothy is a fat wargamer from "Earth" who gets transported to a wartorn Land of Oz in order to kill The Great and Powerful Wizard. One of his allies is a master necromancer who is slowly taking over the world with an army of undead and promoting a religion of Elvis, while another is a dragon-taming warlord who likes nothing better than killing people to the sounds of KISS. And now he's fucking losing all his best troops and wizards because Charlie Brown has managed to convince a bunch of parlor-trick magicians, much like the actual Wizard of Oz was, to turn the world's largest nation of magical casters against him.
>>
>>45651710
So what are the chances they end up in Jetstone?
>>
>>45652697
The entire world is filled to the brim with references as well, which give hints as to the nature of things.

Parson's semi-recently started using this to his advantage, as he knew how to deal with someone who looked like Ronald Regan just from his appearance.
>>
>>45652596
>>45652663

Also it seems to me mathematically, the section 6.1 wouldn't result in one side having ALL the money in a firefight this dense

After this point is unverified math, please take that with a grain of salt

assuming Charlie made more violations, than GK It still does not follow that GK would have all the money, because violation of the treaty resulting in transferring halves between a min and max, to the violated party

max(min(5,000,000 shmuckers, 1/2 Treasury), 50,000 shmuckers) in random order between both sides treasuries still ends up in charlies favor if in evenly distributed order.

In this firefight Charlie would halve his sides very rapidly, and then even single hits from GK would almost completely balance their treasuries as GK would approach ALL the money in question, and be immediately halved (assuming they got nowhere near 5mil of course)
In fact if GK only got one hit in and it was the last hit they would be evenly balanced

Assuming they where dealing with vasts sums over 5mil, charlie wouldn't even need to be concerned with the treaty violation because then its linear, and no one would end up with bankruptcy

The solution for GK would have been to start an actual battle with him, inorder to cover their losses from the prisoner

IGNORING ALL THAT

Why the hell didn't Parson require the prisoner clause to be added to the contract when they KNEW one of thier archons was a prisoner AND they knew Charlie wanted one?
>>
>>45652711
The fact that all of that is a completely accurate assessment of the current situation is why I love Erfworld.
>>
>>45652721
High. Very high.
Gives Tramennis a good opportunity to go "oh, that was sooner than I expected" before the end of the book.
>>
I'm still waiting for Ace to do SOMETHING.
>>
>>45652724
Lilith was a prisoner of Jetstone at the time the treaty was made. Parson wasn't aware that they planned on giving her over to Charlie. A dumb move on his part but hindsight is 20/20 and he was kind of distracted at the time
>>
>>45652749
I'm chocking it up to writer convenience, because after the Jetstone Prince turning MID FUCKING BATTLE I would think they would put that at a higher priority than Parsons hippie retreat/erfwoo 101 lessons
>>
File: Erf3_029_900_web.jpg (454 KB, 900x1264) Image search: [Google]
Erf3_029_900_web.jpg
454 KB, 900x1264
>>45652763
Picture in question for you, to give some context. You may note the duress if you want.
>>
>>45652724
Before the firefight GK had 39.5 million.
CC had god knows how many shmuckers. I think it was actually said at one point but hell if I can remember, I want to say it was in the high 100s of millions.
The contract has a max limit per violation of 500k smuckers.
There was never any risk of Charlie running out of money from this. GK might have if they didn't make every one of their shots count.
>>
>>45652794
I'm not denying he was distracted, but he had DAYS after the deal to get Lilith back from jetstone and they where under no agreement to not get into combat with them, and they where running WITH their new king and no heir

"Give us our unit back or risk annihilation" is a pretty simple deal

>>45652822
5mil max, 500k min
part 6.1
>>
>>45652749
Did Parson even know that Lilith was a prisoner?
>>
>>45651710

Maggie's become hella sexy.
>>
>>45652876
Wanda fucks up everything AGAIN
>>
>>45652853
They did just have a massive fight. Those tend to take a couple turns to recover from. I'm not saying it wasn't a screwup, but it's a screwup that's perfectly in character.
>>
>>45652876
Yes
http://archives.erfworld.com/Book%203/90
This is at least a month later
he clearly knows about the archon before this, but thought jetstone wasn't going to deal with charlie (why? who the fuck knows)

also wanda fucking watches the deal go down pages earlier, and it takes them days to trasport the prisoner
http://archives.erfworld.com/Book%203/47
>>
>>45652853
>part 6.1
Right...
Either way they were still both working on the maximum set penalty amount instead of the 1/2 a treasury. So every bullet fired cost each side the same as the other.
>>
>>45652722
Nixon, not Reagan
>>
>>45652949
39.5 mil
only 7 free shots without charlie firing back
far more than 7 archons

charlie could have won by sending the archons, hold their fire, and having them only pretend to fire with foolamancy
>>
>>45653043
Too bad he didn't. It probably doesn't help that he just violated a bunch of other truces (The Magic Kingdom probably has a similar truce with him).
>>
>>45653067
>The Magic Kingdom probably has a similar truce with him
What? why?
he had no presence in the magic kingdom before this
His portal was fucked with, it usual doesn't allow living non caster to pass through it
>>
>>45653043
He certainly wasn't thinking straight at the time.

Still, there are strategic reasons as to send the Archons in with intent to kill. Keeping in mind Charlie wants to rule Erfworld, he absolutely must retrieve the guns he lost and kill all who have so much as laid eyes on the things. Once the knowledge of the guns seep out, he loses a powerful advantage.
>>
>>45653100
>Keeping in mind Charlie wants to rule Erfworld
No he doesn't, his only overarching goal is defying his fate
>>
>>45653109
I would consider part of that ruling the whole place to ensure absolutely no opposition but eh.
>>
>>45653131
>I would consider part of that ruling the whole place to ensure absolutely no opposition but eh.
wow
I don't even have words, because that's really a stretch at best
>>
>>45653043
That assumes Jack wouldn't see though the foolamancy. Also they could suspect something is up if they see firing but realize their treasury wasn't growing.

Charlie also didn't have his usual connection with the Archons, which is what started the whole thing. So it would be hard for him to get them to just sit there and be picked off until GK ran out of money. They were already panicking just in a normal battle.

Besides, at this point Charlie was not thinking his clearest and not at his strategical best. His whole goal at that point was to kill Parson and Wanda, grab the Arkentool, and retrieve his guns. Cost be damned.
>>
>>45653150
>That assumes Jack wouldn't see though the foolamancy. Also they could suspect something is up if they see firing but realize their treasury wasn't growing.
before firing 7 shots? unlikely
jack was melded and would have had trouble telling anyone
>>
>>45653170
>would have had trouble telling anyone
He was melded with a predictamancer and a thinkamancer. They were already constantly telling every unit where to be and where/when to fire.
>>
>>45653204
Yeah, because that was the instruction to the meld

Not to mention when Jack attempted to warn Wanda from the pot shot, it was useless
>>
>>45653212
Because he tried to do that without any juice as the meld was failing.
>>
>>45653253
really?
He wouldn't be able to stop 7 shots, even if he wasn't in the meld and at full, and you're really reaching
>>
So, let's imagine the gang ends up in Jetstone for a minute, as Jetstone prisoners, with no access to thinkagrams.

Let's see what the fuck just happened, from Stanley's perspective.

1. A unit is suddenly repatriated in a hex so far away he didn't even know it existed.
2. The treasury suddenly drops from 2.5 million to almost nothing.
3. After a pause, the treasury does finally drop to nothing.
4. His chief warlord turns to charlescomm.
5. Suddenly his treasury has 40 million in it.
6. Said chief warlord turned back to GK.
7. Treasury starts jumping up and down like mad and units in the GK start dying.
8. Treasury stops rising, but the units in the GK are still dying like flies.
9. Suddenly all of his casters and his perfect warlord are in Jetstone, as Jetstone prisoners.

All the while, nobody ever was able to inform Stanley of what the fuck is going on. Stanley doesn't know that Charlie busted out all the stops and is 100% gunning for GK with no holds barred. And Stanley is out in the field partying with the elves. Cue Archon hit strike on an extremely fucking confused and critically underinformed Stanley. Cue Parson and gang going barbarian while in Jetstone's prison.
>>
>>45653547
>7. Treasury starts jumping up and down like mad and units in the GK start dying.
>8. Treasury stops rising, but the units in the GK are still dying like flies.
MK, rather. You know what I meant.
>>
>>45652711
Gotta admit, that confused me a little as in Erfworld there is literally Parson AND another character who is literally Dorothy.
>>
>>45654125

Given enough turns, lightning can strike twice, apparently.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.