[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever heard of a girl that got into tabletop because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8
File: 1446965672612.png (363 KB, 900x991) Image search: [Google]
1446965672612.png
363 KB, 900x991
Have you ever heard of a girl that got into tabletop because of her dad?
>>
>>45644100
Yup, one of my good friends
>>
>>45644100

Yes?

Girls at the table aren't actually that rare bro.
>>
>>45644100
Hey anon, magical realms are this a way:
>>45643587
>>
>>45644100

Shit that never happened.
>>
File: strangeness.jpg (75 KB, 590x751) Image search: [Google]
strangeness.jpg
75 KB, 590x751
>>45644100
My wife. Her father is one of the best DM's I know and great inspiration. Nowadays he is quite happy stopping by for dinner and letting me run the games. I have even run a one shot for him and his highschool buddies when they had a little reunion type get together. He gave us his first Monster Manual for a wedding present, I cry evry tiem.

My daughter and son who are not even double digits yet are already skilled adventurers.

So, yeah, I know 2.
>>
>>45644100
I suddenly have the urge to go join the circus.
>>
File: Smug Cere.png (191 KB, 318x558) Image search: [Google]
Smug Cere.png
191 KB, 318x558
>>45644111
Nice trips and dubs.
>>
>>45644100

Yes, several.

The guys in my gaming group almost all have daughters and we're introducing them to gaming, too.

I'd much rather her have nerdy hobbies, get a good education, and hook up with respectful and sweet nerdy guys with a future than be a cheerleader and get date raped by the football team, then left pregnant at age 16.
>>
Does it count if it was my grandfather that got me into tabletop?
>>
File: 1446416093209.gif (312 KB, 210x94) Image search: [Google]
1446416093209.gif
312 KB, 210x94
>>45644100
My girlfriend's dad got me into tabletop RPGs and her friend got me into board games. All I ever played was MtG before I meet her. Good fun here.
>>
>>45644367
Brother,you are blessed.
I envy you...a bit
>>
>>45644367

Yeah, my wife also. She's a little older than me; she was literally playing Tunnels & Trolls before I was born.
>>
I don't know anyone, but my 2 daughters will know it well.
>>
My attention-whore cousin. She also learned MTG just to
>>
>>45648321
Oops.
Just to get attention from her dad's guy friends. In reality she's painfully annoying and hates both tabletops and card games.
>>
Me.
>>
I did. Used to sit on dad's lap when he made models or planned stuff out or read.

Think it gave me some bad fantasies though.
>>
>>45644100
Artist?
>>
>>45644100
My sister being a big example. Grew up playing WHFB with my siblings and dad much to my mom's chagrin (paint messes everywhere).

To this day she still plays table top games.
>>
>>45646877
>>45644367

I've got to say wife/husband combos are some of the most solid I've seen in tabletop, got a DM who's the wife of a player and she's absolutely incredible.
>>
>>45644100
my friend... she was raped by her father though... she has issues
>>
File: impure thoughts, lewd anime.jpg (15 KB, 286x380) Image search: [Google]
impure thoughts, lewd anime.jpg
15 KB, 286x380
>>45648445
>>
>>45644100
heard? no
read about it on /tg/? yes
>>
>>45648439
You've heard about yourself?
>>
>>45650642
I would certainly hope so.
>>
>>45644100
Only one, and she was a really shitty person.
>>
Yeah, the dad sorta bred a whole new generation of TTRPGers, spreading from his offspring to their friends as well.
>>
As a sidenote, I've always thought DnD would be an awesome family game to play with your spouse, kids and their friends. Could lead to some great bonding.
>>
>>45651672
It lead to one of my best friend's dad being considered one of the coolest adults in town, and his eventual divorce about ten years later. Turns out there are levels of geekery that aren't conductive to being a good husband. Still, I have very fond memories of going to a sleepover at the guy's house when we were 8 and spending the whole night playing Civilization with his dad, or going over his D&D books, or his manga collection, or talking about Star Trek...
>>
I got into tabletop games through the guy who was my father FIGURE throughout most of my childhood and early adulthood.

Dunno if that counts
>>
>>45644100
Thanks for reminding me that I haven't been playing enough Skullgirls.
>>
Yeah but the whole set up is odd.
>mom is 55 and divorced 18 years now
>step dad is 28
>daughter is 23
>daughter and stepdad are going to the same college and meet there
>friends/pseudo-dating for about a month
>in that time introduces her to DnD and GURPS
>stepdad finally meets the mother and they apparently hit it off right away
>stepdad and mother are married within the year and spend this globe trotting honeymoon for a few months
>stepdad is a househusband since the mother is making cash as a lawyer in the city and this gives him time for schooling
>see stepdad and daughter for the weekly session for the past year and a half now
>seem like bff's rather than parent/child
>from the few times i've met the mother she can't see the magic of tabletop but can see that her husband and daughter can which is all she needs to keep encouraging them
>from various after session hangouts and chats its obvious daughter is still relatively confused about the situation since her and stepdad were "more-than-friends-close" before he met the mother she thought
>stepdad is oblivious to all of that or he hides it well and seems genuinely the happiest motherfucker on the planet with a great marriage and family life
>>
>>45652150
What is this comedy anime bullshit?
>>
My friend and her sister were both brought into tabletop via Tabletop Parents
>>
>>45644100
Have you ever heard of a girl
>>
>>45652360
A what now?
>>
>>45652150
I know a family with a very similar setup to this. I'm in a campaign with the daughter and the mom's boyfriend (who looks barely older than the daughter). Except she isn't into him, so there less of this awkward shit.
>>
>>45644367

First reply on 4chan in years,

epic
>>
>>45649635
Huh, I know someone like that too.

I mean most women have issues but the ones with daddy issues?

Shit nigger.

She's also a pretty horrible person all-around for a variety of reasons and not very pleasant to keep by the table. The only reason she's tolerated is because she's got a pretty face, not because she adds anything but bullshit to the game and drama to the group. I'm actually not sure what her deal is to be fair, she just uses DADDY RAPED ME as an excuse whenever people call her out on her bullshit so they will feel bad about it and roll with it.
>>
>>45644100
No but I heard of a girl that went to incest consoling because of her dad
>>
>>45644111
Checked

>>45644367
This post made me smile, godspeed to you and your family anon.
>>
It was my stepdad that first introduced me to it and guided me along the way, as far as I'm concerned he's my real father and the biological one can go die in a fire.

I'm doing the same thing to my stepdaughter with babysteps, I don't want to overwhelm her and scare her away from it.
>>
>>45644100
I don't know any women.
>>
>>45644100
I've heard of a dad that got into his girl because of table top.
>>
>>45644100
Yes, my ex-GF. They both were completely crazy.
>>
>>45652191
It might actually be a wacky romantic comedy anime/manga with DnD sprinkled in
>>
Yeah, I want to grade school with a girl who used to play Dungeons and Dragons with her dad.

She was a weeaboo and into Inuyasha and all that shit.
>>
>>45644100
Yes, my cousin was introduced to tabletop by my aunt and uncle (her mom and dad) who met through tabletop.
>>
Yes. They are psychopathic nymphos wrapped in a cosplay husk. Lu Bu, bro.
>>
File: nigga that's kawaii.jpg (33 KB, 960x480) Image search: [Google]
nigga that's kawaii.jpg
33 KB, 960x480
>>45644367
good shit bro
no sarcasm, heartwarming for real
>>
>>45644100
1/2 my sunday's gaming group is female.
>>
>>45648445
Uh, care to explain?
>>
I know a gamer girl whose dad is like King Neckbard at the local store. Always running RPGA events and the like. She's kinda cute despite having a fivehead.
>>
>>45656566
What?
>>
Someone post Bard Dad.
>>
>>45644435
>44xxx
>dubs
There're exactly 1,000 other posts you need to congratulate for the same dubs. GET ON IT.
>>
>>45644100
>Have you ever heard of a girl that got into tabletop
No.
>>
>>45646234
Someone's bitter that he got Stacy fucked Chad and not him.
>>
>>45657657
"Do not confront Lu Bu." It's from Dynasty Warriors.
>>
File: krabby.gif (16 KB, 275x300) Image search: [Google]
krabby.gif
16 KB, 275x300
>>45644367
This delights the crab.
>>
>>45646234
this is the most beta shit I've read all year
>>
>>45652086
>playing Skullgirls
>2016
What are you, a necromancer?
tfw quick match is 99% plebs and my friends are even worse than those plebs, so no one to play with because the 1% who stuck with it dumpster me
>>
>>45646234
It is statistically more likely that she will be raped by nerds with a lot of desperation and no social ability than "the football team."
>>
>>45648358
can I fuq your cousin after beating her with my UW waterweenie deck?

>>45644367
You are truly living the dream, minus the marriage part.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.