[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Become The Vampire Quest 40
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 10
File: OP Image.png (115 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
OP Image.png
115 KB, 894x894
Become the Vampire 40

You look at Jennifer for a few moments and try to figure out how best to respond, before shrugging your shoulders a bit.

“Fine. Honesty it is. I can't stand seeing people getting hurt if they don't deserve it. I mean, I'm all for violence when it's justified, don't get me wrong. But on my first day of school I saw Sammy being bullied and ordered around by a vampire girl and wound up staking her when things went south. When I found out what Patrick was doing to you, I couldn't help myself. I had to step in and do something.”

You pause for a moment and chew your tongue before proceeding, trying to keep things tactful.

“Plus I like you. I've got feelings for you. It's a complicated situation, there are people involved besides you, and part of why you're here is because of the mess I'm in. I don't want anyone getting hurt, but I know that eventually someone is going to be. Probably more than one person at this rate.”

Jennifer nods slowly and reaches into her pocket.

“Then for your honesty, I'll give you...”

She blinks and glances down, patting her pockets and furrowing her brow.

“...That imposter stole the key to the teacher's dormitory. I was going to give it to you so that we could discuss things on a regular basis.”

Jennifer looks at the door for a moment.

“If we don't get it back, I'll be in serious trouble if they get caught with it.”

>Well then, I better get on that. You go get a drink or something and relax.
>Presence, did you see where they went to? It's hunting time.
>What sort of trouble are we talking here?
>Well, we've got time before lunch ends. Shall we?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45619030
>>
>>45619030
>>Well then, I better get on that. You go get a drink or something and relax.
>>Presence, did you see where they went to? It's hunting time.
Time for extermination.
>>
>>45619030
>>
>>45619030
>>
We need to learn tattoo magic asap for reliability.
>>
>>45619446
I forgot, what does tattoo magic do?
>>
>>45619466
Always active buffs and pre-cast spells I think.
>>
>>45619521
So like a fire-from-the-hip spell, cool.
Absolutely should put a Red Dragon tattoo on Olivers back that provides buffs.
>>
You nod and smile at her.

“I've got this. You relax for a bit, don't worry. I'll get the key back, you just relax. You've had enough to deal with.”

Jennifer sighs a bit and heads for the door.

“I'm going to get something to eat. I'll leave this in your hands.”

As she turns to leave you walk after her.

“What trouble are we talking, by the by? Getting fired or what?”

Jennifer glances over her shoulder at you.

“That would be a slap on the wrist by comparison.”

She turns and walks away, and you turn around to find Presence hovering right behind you. She waves and then pokes your nose.

“So they headed for the girl's locker room. I'm guessing that's where they still are, I heard voices. Didn't check it out though.”

You sigh softly.

“Well, it's hunting time, so let's get moving.”

Presence chuckles a bit.

“What, you're gonna charge in there with a cross and a vial of holy water and hope it all works out?”

>Yes. That is exactly the plan.
>You can sneak me in, right?
>There's got to be a spell I can use for this. Maybe invisibility? Stealth mode on the suit?
>Any bright ideas then?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45619625
>There's got to be a spell I can use for this. Maybe invisibility? Stealth mode on the suit?
>>
>>45619625
>>There's got to be a spell I can use for this. Maybe invisibility? Stealth mode on the suit?
>>Any bright ideas then?
>>
>>45619625
>>Any bright ideas then?
How do we not end up like you, Presence? Y'know, an amnesiac ghost, not female.
>>
“Well, I can just use a spell, right? Invisibility or something, or stealth mode on my suit. Unless you've got some bright ideas.”

Presence rests her hands on your shoulders.

“Here's my idea. I possess your body. You relax, let me do all the work. You'll go to sleep for a bit, and when you wake up, everything will be better. It's like... Fog Juice.”

Presence leans in.

“So?”

>What could go wrong?
>This is the worst plan
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45619868
>This is the worst plan.
>Let's do it anyways.
>>
>>45619868
>>This is the worst plan
>>
>>45619868
>>This is the worst plan
>>
>>45619868
>This is the worst plan
>>
“I can't really think of any ideas that are worse than that one at the moment. I need your help for this one, but that's taking things a bit far.”

Presence nods.

“Yep. Because the first thing I'd do is strip off, sprint down the halls naked, and then jerk off in the face of whoever copied your body. And then I'd consider figuring out your problems.”

Presence smirks and leaps into your bag, pulling the flap closed.

“Come on then, to the lockers!”

You take a moment to assess yourself. You've got magic to spare, you've got a ghost in your bag, your suit is at the ready and you're up against at least one vampire. You head for the girl's locker room, going over the basis of your plan.

>Call in the cavalry, time for a smack down
>Let's keep this quiet, head in alone and negotiate, or just steal the key
>Wait outside for someone to come out, then jump them
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45620082
>>Let's keep this quiet, head in alone and negotiate, or just steal the key
>>
>>45620082
>>
>>45620082
>>
Sneak roll plus Conceal, +4
Smarts roll plus Perception, +1
>>
Rolled 2 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45620189
sneak.
>>
Rolled 6 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45620189
sneak
>>
Rolled 4 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>45620189
>Smarts roll plus Perception, +1
>>
Rolled 7 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45620189
Sneak
>>
Rolled 9 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>45620189
Our luck is falling us.
>>
Rolled 9 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>45620189
smarts
>>
Rolled 16 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>45620189
>>
Rolled 10 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>45620189
>Smarts roll plus Perception, +1
>>
>>45620189
>>45620222
>>45620247
Both 11 if we're going by called rolls.
Oliver isn't feeling too subtle today
>>
>>45620222
11 sneak
>>45620233
10 smarts

A V E R A G E B O Y S
>>
When you reach the locker room you do your best to be sly and sneaky, heading into the girl's side and glancing around to see if anyone spotted you. You don't see anyone around that's paying attention to you, and you make it inside without incident. You can hear voices immediately, people discussing something a few rows over from you. You head over to them, keeping low and quiet.

“...and she needs to be taken down a peg. I mean, she completely screwed up.”

Your voice. Your double is still transformed.

“You've still got the key though, right? So she's taken care of.”

Lisa's voice. That one was Lisa's voice for sure.

“Yeah, I guess, but still.”

“The task is complete, that's all that matters. If he gathers powerful allies then he'll quickly overshadow us. That is the nature of the wild card.”

“I still don't believe any of that bullshit, and I don't think anyone else does either.”

“I have my sources. Another wild card, one who has lived long enough to know what it means. Regardless, due to our pact we can't take violent actions against them, all we can do is disrupt, and only indirectly. Though something tells me that, given his nature, he's probably already here.”

>Sneak up close and steal the key
>Hey there! How's it going? So, about our deal...
>Presence, flank them, I'll run at my copy and grab the key
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45620541
>>Sneak up close and steal the key

dice be on our side
>>
>>45620541
>>Sneak up close and steal the key
swipe.
>>
>>45620541
>Sneak up close and steal the key
>>
Speed roll plus Conceal, +4
>>
Rolled 16 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45620625
Sneak
>>
Rolled 6 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45620625
speed
>>
Rolled 12 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45620625
Speed
>>
Rolled 15 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45620625
speed
>>
Rolled 13 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45620625
sneak
>>
>>45620632
>>45620657
MUCH BETTER!
>>
Rolled 18 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45620625
Sneak
>>
You slip your way closer to the pair, taking your time to line up your angle of approach. You spot your double handing off the key to Lisa, who places it into her purse, and the two part ways, with your double turning into purple slime and then dissolving, and Lisa making her way towards the door. You hustle silently towards her and dip your hand into her purse, snatching the key and a small glass orb in a single movement and ducking behind a locker. Lisa pauses at the door to glance over her shoulder before heading out of the locker room, and you regard your prizes.

The key is old and ornate, and the teeth are made of several colorful crystals. You can feel them each emanate with a strange, twisted magic, one that makes you think of deep caverns, dark oceans and places long forgotten. Deep magic. You slip the key into your pocket and give the orb a once over. It looks like it contains similar slime to the creature that was copying your body, but you can't tell if it's for summoning one or controlling them. You could smash it on the ground to try to find out, but that might not be the best plan.

>Time to get out of here
>Smash it, why not
>Look around for a locker to raid
>Let's go find Jennifer
>Let's go get some actual food
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45620801
>>Let's go find Jennifer
get her that key asap.
Goo ball can be explored later.
>>
>>45620801
>Time to get out of here
>Let's go find Jennifer
I'd rather research the potential magical minion before we use it up, in case it's a "ONE TASK RIGHT NOW NO TAKEBACKS" kind of thing.
>>
>>45620801
>>Let's go find Jennifer
Give her the key, and if she still has her knowledge, ask her about the orb.
>>
>>
>>45620904
You didn't even bother to put the name on, faker.
>>
>>45620937
To be fair, I just switched to my phone while I get ready for my work training thing. I forgot.
>>
Rolled 11 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45620904
>>
Rolled 18 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45620904
>>
Rolled 5 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45620904
sneak
>>
File: 1444551663885.jpg (40 KB, 471x634) Image search: [Google]
1444551663885.jpg
40 KB, 471x634
>>45620937
>>45620976
Which one do I shoot!?
>>
>>45621095
You must shoot both, anon. It's the only way.
>>
You shoot Jennifer a text that you got the key back before remembering that it was the number for her temporary phone. You sigh softly and head for the door, peering out briefly before slipping away carefully. You're pretty sure no one saw you, and you spend a few seconds trying to work out where Jennifer would have gone to before opting for checking out the teacher's lounge.

You check for your badge as you head for the lounge and flash it at the lady working at a nearby desk. She waves you on without looking up from her papers, and you spot Jennifer eating in one of the offices, finishing off one half of a sandwich. You step into the room and shut the door, and she slides her plate towards you.

"Do you want the rest?"

>Devour sandwich
>I got the key back
>Do you always eat alone?
>So I've got this weird orb...
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45621260
>>Devour sandwich
>>I got the key back
>>So I've got this weird orb.
>>
>>45621260
>>Devour sandwich
>>I got the key back
>>So I've got this weird orb...
>>
>>45621260
seconding >>45621278
>>
>>45621260
>Devour sandwich
>I got the key back

why are you giving away the evil twin orb?
>>
>>45621351
We're showing off the mimic orb from Lisa, not giving it away. We still have the evil twin.
>>
You take one look at the offered sandwich, consider the basics of common decency, and nod.

"Yep. Thanks."

You pick it up and take a big bite before taking out the key and the orb. You set them on the table and swallow your mouthful of roast beef and bread.

"So I got the key, as well as a handy little trinket. No idea what it does though."

Jennifer takes the key and reaches across the table, tucking it into your pocket and picking up the orb.

"It's for you, remember? As for this..."

She brings it close to her face and takes out a pair of what appear to be reading glasses, slipping them on.

"Whatever is sealed up in here is either very strong or very valuable. Possibly both. It's heavily warded, but the material itself is quite fragile. It's designed to be broken when needed, so it might be a guardian, a servant or a kidnapping victim."

>Well what are we waiting for? Let's crack it open
>Neat. Sounds like something worth studying in detail then.
>So how are you holding up after my dramatic reveal?
>Stupid question, but could you sign something for me for the trip?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45621672
>>Neat. Sounds like something worth studying in detail then.
>>So how are you holding up after my dramatic reveal?
>>Stupid question, but could you sign something for me for the trip?
Might as well get the last one.
>>
>>45621672
>>
>>45621672
>Neat. Sounds like something worth studying in detail then.
>>
Training session starts soon, let me check the time frame
>>
>>45621672
>>So how are you holding up after my dramatic reveal?
>>Stupid question, but could you sign something for me for the trip?
>>
You take the orb back when Jennifer offers it and put it in your bag.

"Something I need to study then. I need some wards for... something I can tell you about when you're not a teacher anymore."

Jennifer nods slightly and takes off her glasses.

"Any wise person would properly protect themselves. I'd recommend studying the warding spells first to understand how they work, just in case studying the contents breaks the crystal."

You nod slightly and regard her for a moment, and Jennifer quirks an eyebrow.

"Yes?"

You shrug and smile.

"Just glad you're not in too much shock from what I said. I mean, you do your best to make yourself hard to read so I can't be sure, but at least you're not in a total panic. Right?"

Jennifer closes her eyes.

"I'd be lying if I said I hadn't suspected something like what you told me. My instincts told me I could lower my guard around you a bit, and the way you look at me sometimes speaks volumes by itself. It doesn't stop it being a shock though. There's someone out there who cares for me and who I could care for in return, but I can't remember what led us to that point."

Jennifer opens her eyes and pretends to adjust her hair, wiping her eye gently as she does so. A small movement, hard to catch, but you spot it.

"I'll just have to trust that, somehow, it'll all work out. I don't think I'd have fallen for someone who isn't reliable, after all."

You pause for a moment and smile at her.

"Don't go getting all sappy on me now. You've got a class to teach soon, right? Just leave it to me."

Jennifer chuckles and nods.

"Fine, fine..."

You smirk a bit.

"By the by, stupid question, but can you sign my slip for the field trip?"

Jennifer blinks.

"Technically I could, but I think Sammy has enough brothers."

>Well, I'm gonna get ready for my next class. See ya.
>Know anyone who could do it for me then?
>Mind if I swing by tonight for a magic lesson?
>Any plans for the full moon?
>Other (write-in)
>>
Training starts soon, pausing for an hour or so, back by 6:30PM EST.
>>
>>45622070
>>Know anyone who could do it for me then?
if not, then go to class.
>>
>>45622070
>>
>>45622070
>>
>>45622070
>>
>>45622070
>>Know anyone who could do it for me then?

Literally "I need an adult" but all the ones he knows are dangerous, stupid, busy, or trying to kill him.
>>
File: CWlIvVzXAAASdyd.jpg (18 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
CWlIvVzXAAASdyd.jpg
18 KB, 599x337
Bump for wolfu
>>
>>45622862
Which one?
>>
>>45622902
Yes.
>>
>>45622912
correct answer
>>
Post more awoos!

MechaGolems, mermaids, or genki vampires are good too!
>>
File: 1450320131746.png (1 MB, 1950x1435) Image search: [Google]
1450320131746.png
1 MB, 1950x1435
>>45623610
We know that ear-nibbles are no-nos for awoos, but how about ear-massages?
>>
File: no awoo allowed.jpg (14 KB, 250x309) Image search: [Google]
no awoo allowed.jpg
14 KB, 250x309
>>45623610
>>
>>45623761
I imagine they'd be ok. Like ear scritches for a dog.
>>
>>45623868
We should ask Sammy. Also, make a note to ask Athena where she went and to tell her what the deal is with the Spencer family.
>>
>>45623923
yeah we should on both counts.
>>
>>45623944
Fluffy touching and tragic backstories. Truely, this is Become The Vampire Quest at its core.
>>
>>45624001
Don't forget waifu wars.
>>
>>45624017
So many waifu wars...
>>
>>45624017
Seems like we've settled down into liking all of the waifus.
>>
File: 1454198995213.jpg (76 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1454198995213.jpg
76 KB, 500x500
>>45623781
We should get Presence to pass a note to Lily, and meet her in the warded study room.

She's acted as our ally, she deserves to know Lisa and her slime are planning to do something about her. Also, we need to question her about Presence's killer, and we should probably see how she thinks we should deal with Drac and his dinner invite/what he'd consider a good gift.
>>
>>45624102
I'm still for Sammy.
Have been since Oliver ate all those damn "cookies".
>>45624226
I'm wary of spilling about the whole " Dracula's interested in Oliver" thing, but am agreed with the rest.
>>
>>45624264
Well, Jennifer was invited too, and Angie implied Drac sends invites to all the interesting locals when he throws a party. We might be the only human going.

And the vamp girls knowing Drac's already interested in us might make them more hesitant to work against us. It might make them more likely to gun for us too, though.
Either is possible, which is why I want to just approach Lily about it. She's already veen acting to gain our favor, probably to weaken the other 5 girls, and if we approach her asking for advice, she may look at it as an opprotunity to become strengthen our personal alliance more.
Her doing that would benefit us as well, since right know the vamps are basically a united front we know nothing about. Splitting them up and destabilizing their alliance will help us.

I think.
>>
>>45624411
I apoligize for the terrible spelling and grammar, i haven't had any coffee yet.
>>
>>45624432
Forgiven, you make good points. Tell her might be for the best.
>>
Finally out of the training meeting. "Oh, we got approved for an extra hour and we want to make use of it". I mean, it was fun, but I have a quest to run. Driving home currently, expect a post in 30-40 minutes.
>>
>>45624574
How inconsiderate of them!
Don't they know anons are waiting?
>>
File: 1450586304861.jpg (49 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1450586304861.jpg
49 KB, 960x960
>Future Oliver giving advice to Athena
>>
>>45624929
>Implying Oliver would not be fabulous
>>
>>45624929
>Dracula 2.0 looks like a devil
Nah
>>
>>45624929
>implying we aren't going to make Athena part vampire as well
>>
>>45625002
>>45625313
>twenty centuries later.
Yep.
>>
>>45625377
That'd only happen if he didn't take care of himself.

>>45625370
Probably not compatible with being a golem.
>>
>>45625392
>Probably not compatible with being a golem.
It isn't. We asked as a way to protect her from zeke.
>>
>>45625435
hope that ring works for her.
>>
>>45625470
Well, we got the familiar spell to help with that too. We just haven't taken the time to cast it.
>>
“Know anyone who could cover it for me then? I want to go on the trip, but my only options seem to be summoning a devil to forge a signature or asking for help from someone else who'll want something from me.”

Jennifer sighs softly.

“The form has to be signed by a parent or legal guardian. You could always summon the soul of your deceased parent and ask them about it. Your file says that your mother and father both passed away, I could get you some time with the summoning circle the history club uses.”

You take a moment to contemplate her words.

“There's a summoning circle in this school for conjuring the souls of the dead, and people use it for history reports?”

Jennifer nods.

“And for double checking their family tree. In a vampire clan that tends to be an important issue, especially if you can coerce the spirit into revealing family secrets now that they're dead.”

>Can we do that after school?
>That seems like a big waste of resources, but then again, this school has money to burn
>What other stuff goes on around here behind the scenes that you can tell me?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45625829
>>Other (write-in) I don't feel comfortable using the soul of the father I killed for such a cheap reason.

that... seems really, really awkward.
>>
>>45625829
I've had hints that my mom might not be dead...
>>
>>45625829
>I have reason to doubt if my mother is dead, simply in hiding so I don't finish the job. And if I bring my father back, it's likely I'll end up forgetting about it entirely. Any other options?
>>
>>45625887
Basically. Supporting this.
>>
>>45625829
>>
>>45625887
We summon mom then. If she's really dead, she deserves the hassle, for all tge headache she caused us.
Also:
>Athena, this is my dad.
>Dad, meet your granddaughter
>>
>>45625902
>And if I bring my father back, it's likely I'll end up forgetting about it entirely.
Is it? Am I forgetting something?
>>
>>45625829
>Tell Athena she has to be there.
>>
>>45625934
We have serious, serious daddy issues. He dragged us around the country while hunting down mom. It wasn't a good situation for a child.
>>
>>45625934
No, there's no reason we'd forget.

Also,>>45625933seems really cute. Do it.
>>
>>45625977
Eh, Oliver loved his dad. We'll feel awkward, since we did kill both our parents, but it'll be the cute sort of awkward, especially if dad critiques or compliments our deathblow.
>>
>>45625977
Oliver didn't seem to begrudge his dad too much over that, still loved him, and it'd probably do him a lot of good, mentally speaking, to air any such grievances, and might give our dad the chance to apologize for not being able to give him a 'real' childhood.

In short, I think it'd be good and healthy to contact ghost dad.
>>
>>45626025
"No no no, son, you're suppose to lead with your left foot and turn at a ninety degree angle. Didn't I teach you right? Here, try it again. OH WAIT."
>>
So I'm getting a general "Let's summon dad" vibe here, with a few concerns about an awkward family reunion here and there. Is that about right?
>>
>>45626085
Yea.
And bring Athena for that extra awkward "this is your granddaughter" scene.
>>
>>45626085
Think so. Some actively want the awkward family reunion. I'm one of them.
>>
>>45626105
>>45626116
>ask dad to sign the paper
>"Don't bother me with this, go ask your grandpa."
>Who?
>"He sent you a dinner invitation, didn't he?"
>>
File: bardock laugh.jpg (20 KB, 325x285) Image search: [Google]
bardock laugh.jpg
20 KB, 325x285
>>45626261
>>
“Well, if we can do that after school then I'd appreciate it.”

Jennifer shakes her head.

“It wouldn't be available for two more days. With the trip coming up, several teachers are cramming in assignments one after the other so that they'll all be done before the students leave. I suppose I could try to get access to it in the middle of the night, if you're fine with losing a bit of sleep.”

You mull the idea over as the bell rings, rising to your feet.

“I'll get back to you on that. I definitely want to do it, I just... It's a matter of when.”

You grab a piece of paper and jot down your cell phone number, passing it to her.

“In case you need to reach me.”

As you walk to the door Jennifer gets up and embraces you from behind, hugging you tightly for a few seconds.

“Stay safe.”

You nod and move to hug her back, but she returns to her seat the moment you start to turn, pulling out some papers in need of grading. You shrug a bit and walk out of the room, off to your next class.

-

Jumping ahead to after school unless you guys had something specific in mind for one of the other classes.
>>
>>45626323
skip then only caveat is trying to get a hold of Athena and possibly Lily.
>>
>>45626323
I feel like there was a thing but I forgot it during the hiatus.
>>
>>45626323
Text Mel to see if she wants to go to the arcade after school. We haven't spent time with the tsundroid in a while. We'll play some Timesplitters.
>>
>>45626323
Send Presence with a note for Lily to meet us in the warded room>>45626350
Text Mel to tell her we need to talk to Athena, and to go hang out after school.>>45626381

I think that's everything.>>45626356
>>
>>45626422
Support
>>
>>45626356
I got a hiatus you can suck on.
>>
>>45626422
>>45626440
>>45626323
Oh, if we have free time, we should go ask the Dean what his hard rules are, so we know what we REALLY shouldn't do inside his domain.
I mean, we know he eats students who try to find out things about him, but what are the other rules he absolutely enforces?
>>
>>45626546
Still supporting.
>>45626440
Me
>>
>>45626422
>>45626546
Third
>>
You send a text to Meliora that you need to talk with Athena, as well as to ask her about hanging out after school. You clarify that you want to hang out at the arcade, and that it would just be a nice, friendly thing to do, and not a date of some sort. Her response is still a series of jumbled letters and junk symbols, but you're hopeful that she didn't completely short circuit by jumping to conclusions. You also task Presence with delivering a note for you, a job she takes to with remarkable gusto once she learns who the recipient is. You have a bad feeling about that smile...

With the end of the school day upon you, you've got some options. You could head to track and see what's going on, head to the cabin and do some work on cleaning the place out, check in with Jennifer or just head right for the arcade. Or you could be boring and do homework.

>Education is important, and so is not getting kicked out. Homework time.
>Hang with Jennifer some more
>To the arcade!
>Run off some stress with Andrea and Sammy
>Clean up the new base
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45626646
>To the arcade!
>>
>>45626646
>>Education is important, and so is not getting kicked out. Homework time.
>>
>>45626646
>Call Lisa. The shit that was pulled earlier was not cool.
>>
>>45626646
>Run off some stress with Andrea and Sammy
To be clear, none of these options result in being late to the arcade, right?
>>
>>45626646
>>To the arcade!
Homework is for squares.
>>
>>45626646
>Swing by the room to get cleaned up.
>To the arcade!
Tsundroid was probably there within a minute of school ending. Don't want to make her wait too long.
>>
>>45626685
Correct
>>
>>45626646
>>Run off some stress with Andrea and Sammy
>>
>>45626681
>implying we have lisa's number.
Plus, if we don't alert her that we know, and just warn Lily, it'll let Lily ambush her instead.
Think art of war when dealing with vamp politics.
>>
>>45626729
We have some vap's numbe.
>>
Swing by the room first, yay or nay?
>>
>>45626814
Yay. Even though it's not a date, we are slowly woeing her.
>>
>>45626814
Yea

>>45626824
Wooing, anon. Wooing. Woeing is something else entirely.
>>
>>45626814
Yah need to have our "going into possibly hostile territory" stuff on us.
>>
>>45626836
Sorry. I don't have many opprotunities to use the word. My mistake.
>>
>>45626814
sure, we don't need to look like a mess when meeting killbot mcsensitits. She might take Oliver's slovenly appearance as an insult and try to kill him.
>>
>>45626865
It's not your only one. Opprotunities?
>>
You opt to head for the arcade first, and you swing by your room to get a change of clothes and your gear. As you walk into the room you notice a few things that are out of place. Athena is curled up on the couch with Andrea in her older body, both fast asleep. There's someone in your shower, likely Meliora, and several outfits laid out on her bed. The thing that strikes you as most odd, however, is the fact that instead of a couch fort, your bed has been turned into a fort instead. You feel a bit concerned about what that might mean.

>Wake up Athena
>Wake up Andrea
>Check the bathroom
>Turn around and walk out
>Grab your stuff discretely and leave
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45626972
>Wake up Athena
>>
>>45626919
Blame LG for that one. I used the autotext bar

>>45626972
>Wake up Andrea
We need an explanation.
>>
>>45626972
>Wake up Athena
>>
>>45626972
>Wake up Athena
This is exactly why I didn't want them dating.
If they've been having sex, Athena is grounded and we're yelling at Andrea for being a filthy pedophile.
>>
>>45626972
>>Wake up Athena
sweetie, daddy needs to know if you and the tree lesbian did the nasty on his bed so he can feel really conflicted about things. And to know what needs to be washed.
>>
>>45627064
>sweetie, daddy needs to know if you and the tree lesbian did the nasty on his bed so he knows whether or not he needs to burn down the forest.
FTFY
>>
>>45627054
Nice to see you're keeping a level head instead of leaping to assumptions and planning worthless courses of action nobody but you will vote for.
>>
I don't care if she's having sex, she's a superbeing, barely any rules apply to her.
I just want her to be honest with her dad. Don't want to be a negligent parent, y'know?
>>
You approach Athena slowly and give her a tap on the shoulder, and she shifts slightly. She opens her eyes and looks over at you for a moment, before grinning and pressing a finger to her lips. The next few moments are hard to follow, but you're pretty sure that she melted half her body and slipped free from Andrea's grasp to avoid waking her up. Something deep and primal inside yourself trembled at the sight of so much of your own blood outside of your body without your will, but you fight down your subconscious revulsion.

“Hi daddy.”

She smiles sweetly at you, and you glance around the room briefly.

“What happened here?”

Athena tilts her head a bit.

“Well... Andrea came by after cutting her last class to talk about things, and we moved the couch fort to your bed and then slept for a bit. We came to an agreement about dating, and decided to be friends first. Also she's really soft and comfy depending on how you lay on her.”

Andrea lets out a quiet grumble and yawns softly, and Athena giggles.

“I should wake her up so she isn't late for track.”

>So nothing happened? You're just friends now?
>I should get going before she wakes up, don't wanna make things awkward
>Are you coming to the arcade with Meliora and I?
>And what's your take on it then? Did you want to date her?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45627108
Athena is two weeks old. She doesn't have the experience or emotional maturity to be making informed decisions about engaging in that sort of behavior.

Andrea knows this. If they had sex, it's absolutely taking advantage of Athena's innocence. The fact that you apparently aren't disgusted by this is worrisome.
>>
>>45627197
Still intending a course of action that has no merit and is just aimless disgust that would only serve to alienate our daughter.
>>
>>45627170
Also, mention that she needs to be free around midnight.
>>
>>45627170
>>And what's your take on it then? Did you want to date her?
>Are you coming to the arcade with Meliora and I?
>>
>>45627170

>>45627221
That too.
>>
>>45627170
>>
>>45627170
>So nothing happened? You're just friends now?
>If Jennifer can get the history room scheduled, you'll be meeting your grandpa around midnight, so dress nice.
>>
>>45627218
It's not aimless. It is largely for it's own sake rather than Athena's, though.
>>
>>45627218
>>45627272
Agreed. Oliver is still mostly a normal human, he needs to occasionally act that way. We need to remember that sometimes he loses his temper, and makes emotional decisions instead of analytical ones.
>>
>>45627309
I wasn't defending that course of action, faggot.
>>
You rest a hand on her shoulder.

“What's your take on all this? Did you really want to date her?”

Athena nods.

“Yep. But a hyper-intelligent being that absorbs information through skin contact isn't a great romantic partner, especially when they can calculate a formula for the ideal orgasm for their partner. It would get boring and repetitive doing the same thing, but any variation would result in a less-than-optimal amount of pleasure.”

Athena laughs a bit.

“Just kidding. Mostly we decided that for now it won't work out but that once I learn more about the world and she can keep up with me mentally we'll give it another go.”

She jostles Andrea gently.

“Rise and shine, sleepy head.”

Andrea sighs softly.

“I don't wanna...”

Athena licks her fingertip.

“I'll stick my finger in your ear if you don't march, soldier!”

Andrea leaps to her feet, eyes wide.

“Nope, not again!”

She runs to the door, sparing you only a passing glance, looking mildly confused, before bolting away. Athena wipes her finger off on the couch and sits on it.

“And that was that.”

You nod a bit.

>So, arcade. You in?
>Be free at midnight for a family get-together
>I'm pretty sure that it won't work out between you, but I'm glad you're being mature about it
>Grab your stuff and get going before Meliora gets out of the shower
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45627170
>>45627221
Supporting
Also muss her hair, "It's probably for the best, sweetie. You don't need to rush into anything."
>>
>>45627419
>So, arcade. You in?
>>
>>45627419
>I'm pretty sure that it won't work out between you, but I'm glad you're being mature about it
>>
>>45627419
>Again?
then
Let them hang out, this is Meliora time.
>>
>>45627419
>>So, arcade. You in?
>>Be free at midnight for a family get-together
>>I'm pretty sure that it won't work out between you, but I'm glad you're being mature about it

Athena's a weird child...
>>
>>45627419
>So, arcade. You in?
That third option is terrible. It's literally being a dick to our daughter about the thing she wants for no reason.
>>
>>45627419
>>
>>45627419
>So, arcade. You in?
>>
>>45627419
>>Be free at midnight for a family get-together
>>Grab your stuff and get going before Meliora gets out of the shower
We did say just us and Mel were meeting right?
She's going to be thinking that's just her and us.
>>
>>45627447
>>45627467
>>45627468
>>45627478
Guys this I Meliora time, Inviting Athena unannounced on a whim would be rude.
>>
>>45627419
>>45627456
Supporting. This arcade not-date is for us to spend time with Mel, let daughteru do her own thing for now.
>>
>>45627447
>>45627456
>>45627468
I really hope this counts as a loss for the third option. Otherwise I'm going to add that to my list of things to be salty about for the entire duration of the quest and actively try to sink all of the things that it winning would imply hopes for.
>>
>>45627419
>>
>>45627527
You're a salty dick anyway, so what's one more thing for you to cry over? Someone threatens to ruin the quest literally every thread. It's basically the gimme square on BTVQ bingo.
>>
>>45627527
Same.
>>
>>45627570
I usually ignore the discussion entirely.
>>
>>45627527
And the third option's just the truth. Andrea will never be as smart as our daughter, and plus our daughter's immortal, Andrea's not.
And I'm pretty sure our daughter was being truthful here. She's probably burying the pain right now.
>>45627419
>“Yep. But a hyper-intelligent being that absorbs information through skin contact isn't a great romantic partner, especially when they can calculate a formula for the ideal orgasm for their partner. It would get boring and repetitive doing the same thing, but any variation would result in a less-than-optimal amount of pleasure.”
After our thing at midnight, we'll cuddle her and let her cry on our shoulder.
>>
>>45627657
>Andrea's not.
We don't actually know that. It's possible she'll survive as long as the forest she guards survives.
>>
“Try and be free tonight, alright? I've got plans for a family meeting and I want you to be there.”

Athena nods and smiles cheerfully.

“Alright!”

She pumps her fist in the air, and the water stops in the bathroom. You start to grabs some of your gear, stuffing it into your bag and loading up. Meliora pokes her head out of the door, still soaking wet from the shower, and glances at Athena.

“Who are you...?”

She looks over at you, and the door immediately slams shut. You slow your pace a bit now that the cat's out of the bag and gather the rest of your supplies. Stake, holy water, vial of blood from Dracula's minion, the evil twin orb, anything that might save your ass in a bad situation. You briefly consider making a special pack or box for your supplies since you're accumulating a lot of them, or maybe some sort of lock box at your cabin for the important stuff.

“I'll be at the arcade, Meliora, see you there.”

There's a soft sound that might have been her voice from inside the bathroom, and Athena hugs you tightly.

“Have fun, daddy! She's been having a rough day today, so let her win at something, 'kay?”

>I make no promises. Victory must be earned.
>Fine, fine, but just a token victory. I'll crush her after that.
>She'll probably be the one needing to give me a pity victory, honestly.
>Stay out of trouble, sweetheart, and check on Meliora for me once I leave
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45627666
If she is, they've got plenty of time to work out what they want from each other, Satan.
>>
>>45627692
>>
>>45627692
>>
>>45627692
>>She'll probably be the one needing to give me a pity victory, honestly.
>>Stay out of trouble, sweetheart, and check on Meliora for me once I leave
>Other (write-in) I'll explain the family's situation to you tonight.
>>
>>45627692
Kiss her forehead and head out.
>>
>>45627692
>>I make no promises. Victory must be earned.
>>She'll probably be the one needing to give me a pity victory, honestly.
>>
>>45627692
>>
>>45627734
>>45627757
>samefagging this blatantly.
At least take the time to write in an action or something, instead of just deleting arrows.
>>
>>45627692
>>
You nod slightly and smirk.

“I'm not promising anything. A real victory has to be earned.”

After a moment you shrug and walk over to her.

“Though if I'm being honest, I think she's the one who'll need to give me a pity victory instead of the other way around.”

You give her a peck on the forehead as she reverts to her younger form, flopping her sleeves at you and giggling.

“Have fun, sweetie, and keep out of trouble.”

She nods and pulls her sleeve up to give you a thumbs up. You turn and head for the door, making your way towards the bus stop with a sigh and a smile.

-

Smarts roll plus Perception, +1
>>
Rolled 5 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>45627807
>I don't understand how the third vote for two different options occurring simultaneously is handled

>>45627833
>>
Rolled 12 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>45627833
rolling
>>45627807
>see an option they don't like
MUH SAMEFAG!
>>
Rolled 8 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>45627833
>>
>>45627864
>>45627865
Take the time to look at the posts. 1 minute 10 seconds apart, only difference is the removal of double arrows.
This is a common sign of someone samefagging, and you know it.
None of the choices were bad, it's just disrespectful to QM to not even put effort into trying to deceive the vote.
>>
>>45627807
Nice try.
>>
>>45627942
It's also a sign of one person using a quick reply and the other copy-pasting while not specifically timing their posts relative to everyone else's posts to assuage your unrelenting paranoia.

On top of that, it wouldn't matter, since the first vote for both at once also being the third vote for either means they get Chimera'd, since they weren't incompatible.
>>
File: 1456363984649.png (302 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
1456363984649.png
302 KB, 680x383
>>45627942
>>45627966
Both of you.

But it doesn't matter. Let's not shit up the thread with a stupid argument.
>>
>>45627987
That actually made me laugh pretty hard.
>>
You make it all the way to the arcade before you notice what's wrong. There's something or someone following you, but you can't tell who or what, just that there's something there. You glance around briefly, but whatever it is, it can tell you've finally caught on and is playing it much more carefully now. You're not sure when you started being followed, just that now you are.

>Call out to your stalker
>Act like nothing is wrong and go scout out a game without a line
>Stalk the stalker
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45628020
>Stalk the stalker
>>
>>45628020
>>Stalk the stalker
>>
>>45628020

>>
>>45628020
>Stalk the stalker
I hope it's one of the wolf daughterus.
>>
>>45628020
>Stalk the stalker
>>
>>45628020
>>Stalk the stalker
Is it Lily?
>>
>>45628020
>Act like nothing is wrong and go scout out a game without a line
Once we find one
Come play while I wait for my friend.

It's probably one of the young werewolfs
>>
>>45628033
>>45628040
>>45628051
>>45628052
>>45628065
Can we specify that we don't let them lure us into any dark allies, or away from people?
>>
>>45628092
Isn't that a given?
>>
>>45628051
>daughterus
Please no, the daughterufags are the worst part of the playerbase.
>>
Sleuth roll plus Perception, +2
>>
Rolled 8 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45628135
sleuth
>>
Rolled 3 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45628120
Daughterus are great and you know it.

>>45628135
Sneak
>>
>>45628120
Hi pessinon.
The wolfdaughter just wants us to teach her to parkour. Also, you still have shit taste.
>>
Rolled 10 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45628135
Sneak
>>
Rolled 5 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45628135
>Sneak roll plus Conceal
>>
Rolled 9 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45628135
sneak
>>
Rolled 6 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45628135
Sleuth
>>
Rolled 16 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45628135
Inquire.

>>45628143
>>45628153
>>45628160
We're shit today.
>>
Rolled 11 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45628135
Slarth
>>
>>45628153
I'm ambivalent towards them, its the anons that circlejerk over them that I dislike.
>>
>>45628204
I'm sorry if I've ever circlejerked over them, sometimes I lose self-awareness when overwhelmed by adorable things.
>>
>>45628135

18 sleuth >>45628188

14 sneak >>45628160
>>
>>45628204
I won't apologize for how adorable I find Athena. QM's an entertaining writer like that. I couldn't care less about the werewolves though. They're always trouble. The individual ones are manageable because they don't have many other entanglements. The Wolfes in general though are a headache and a half.
>>
You play a game of cat and mouse with your would-be stalker, chasing after them and keeping to the shadows. After a particularly heated game of hide-and-seek you manage to catch a glimpse of the person. It's Joseph, your lab partner for chemistry class, clutching a notebook in one hand and a piece of charcoal in the other. You can see a glimpse of a drawing of some sort on the paper as he dives for another hiding spot, tumbling out of view.

>Walk right up to him and say hi
>Ask him what the heck he's doing
>Ignore the half-troll and he'll go away
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45628290
Someone new spying on us? Maybe we should burn him.
>>
>>45628290
We're a fire mage. Trolls should be afraid of us, not the other way around.
>>
>>45628290
Maybe that was his cousin we beat up the other day.
>>
>>45628290
>>Walk right up to him and say hi
>>
>>45628325
>>45628328
>>45628337
Merge these three. Though let's hold off on the pyrotechnics for now. Maybe just burn his sketchbook.
>>
>>45628367
Nobody was voting to actually use pyromancy.
>>
You stroll casually up to his hiding spot, not even bothering to hide yourself at this point, and peer around the corner at him.

“Yo.”

Joseph turns to look at you slowly.

“Um... Hello.”

You nod a bit and look at his sketch.

“So, whatcha working on there?”

Joseph pauses and slowly turns the notebook to face you. It's a drawing of you an Lily after she had shoved you into the closet. It's mostly done, although your face needs some detail work.

“Finishing a picture. I needed to reference the original.”

You nod for a moment and reach into your pocket, toying with your lighter.

“I see. And... why didn't you just ask me?”

Joseph blinks.

“How weird would that be though? I mean, just asking someone to sit still to finish a picture is... weird, right? I just like to draw, I don't... uh... What's the word... I'm not good with... asking...? I don't know what's alright to ask for, I think. Yeah, that's it, I don't know how to ask it right so you'll say yes and not... uh... no.”

>Well if that's all it is, go right ahead and finish up. Make sure to get my good side.
>So wait, you were there when that happened? Why didn't you do anything?
>That's kinda not cool. Next time just ask, it'll be fine.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45628422
You aren't very sneaky, after all.
>>
>>45628422
>Stalking someone for a picture is far worse than asking Joseph. Just FYI.

>Well if that's all it is, go right ahead and finish up. Make sure to get my good side.
>So wait, you were there when that happened? Why didn't you do anything?
>>
>>45628422
Pretty obvious to me why he did nothing: Lily is one of the Untouchables and he doesn't have protection. His family probably doesn't either.
>>
>>45628422
>>Other (write-in) So... what's your deal? Do you work for one of the vampires, someone else, doing your own thing...? Seriously, why this?
>>
>>45628422

And then we find out joseph is actually josephine, and troll culture is very much like dwarf culture in Discworld.
>>
>>45628496
I never read discworld.

And pls no.
>>
>>45628512
Anon, you know full well at least one of the "guys" Oliver knows is a girl who's forced tocpretend to be a guy to go to school, for cultural reasons or w/e
>>
You sigh softly.

“That's pretty much the worst alternative. Instead of following someone around to finish a picture, just ask them. Otherwise you're just being a creep.”

Joseph grunts.

“Well, you say that... but it never works.”

He opens his sketchpad and as he flips through it you see several incomplete pictures. One of the recurring features are a pair of fangs on the face of one of the girls, who you vaguely recognize as one of the clique that Lily and Lisa are a part of. All of the pictures are skillfully done, and if they were complete you'd expect it to be professional work.

“I asked her and she said no... said I was stupid and ugly, but all I want to do is draw beautiful things... No one ever lets me finish them... I never get a chance...”

He hangs his head and you hesitate for a moment.

“Well, if all you need is for me to hold still for a bit then go ahead.”

Joseph blinks and looks at you.

“Really...?”

You nod and look at the sketch before assuming the same pose you had been in.

“Like this, right?”

Joseph nods. He looks like he's at a loss for words, so he just gets to work drawing. Despite his large hard, the piece of charcoal is flitting about the page delicately, each movement precise and controlled. After a couple of minutes he turns the finished picture towards you. It perfectly captures the moment Lily was looming over you, talking about being a distraction and reaching for the bag with the crab in it.

“Is it... good...?”

>You're a natural at this. Are you trying to be an artist when you grow up?
>I've seen better, but it's pretty good work. Keep it up.
>Meh.
>So, what, you just draw what you see as you walk around the school?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45628680
>Rule of thumb, most vampires are jerks. They'll say no even when it costs them nothing.
>>
>>45628680
>Go to the nurse's office some time. I'm sure she'd like a portrait.
>>
>>45628680
>>You're a natural at this. Are you trying to be an artist when you grow up?
>>So, what, you just draw what you see as you walk around the school?
>>
>>45628680
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.