[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People who say this card is broken are delusional. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5
File: tumblr_nos94dJk331tkr2r4o1_1280.jpg (422 KB, 956x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nos94dJk331tkr2r4o1_1280.jpg
422 KB, 956x1280
People who say this card is broken are delusional. It's a very fair card.
>>
In RoE where all Eldrazi were at least 7+ mana it wasn't so bad.

Now that we have cheap Eldrazi with Devoid or just pure colorless with nice bodies it gets pretty silly.
>>
>>45589257
People who say the Eldrazi deck needs to die in Modern are worse than Hitler.
>>
It saw fair OP, but now it is not. They should ban it ( but preferably eldrazi temple but that's because I play r/g tron), write an article about why they had to ban something printed in Modern Masters, then print it again just to drive the price even lower.
>>
>>45589374
>I play r/g tron
You're just as bad as the eldrazi decks
>>
>>45589374
They should ban the urzatron first
>>
>>45590422
I would not be surprised if any or all of the following cards were banned come April
>Urzatron
>Eldrazi lands
>Chalice
>>
>>45589217
Im gonna say that Temple should be banned more than Eye. With just Eye, you dont get Reality Smasher before 4 or Seer before 3 (barring Simian Shenanigans). With just Temple, you can get most of the same busted draws, barring things like Loads of Mimics. You dont even get to Double Thought-Knot until turn 5.
>>
>>45589364
The modern eldrazi deck was only 59% of the top 32 at SCGLOU, and it lost the final, so it clearly isn't too dominant or powerful.
>>
>>45591178
Nope. Eye gives Eldrazi four more Sol lands an Mimics for days, and gives Tron its best lategame inevitability. Temple is just a tribal Sol land.

Eye is clearly the one that needs to go. Cry more, Tron players.
>>
>>45591274
Temple gives Eldrazi four more soul lands and allows things like Seer t2 and Smasher turn 3 to be possible. And Loads of Mimics dont do nearly as much without a Seer/Smasher to make them bigger early on, so you just end up running them into Pyroclasm.

Is Tron dominating? Then why the fuck would that at all affect any banning-related decision?
>>
>>45591274
>Temple is just a tribal Sol land.
Which still might be too good for Modern. Especially as it isn't even Legendary.
>>
>>45589217
People always forget that no matter what WotC says publicly, bans are often made with an eye for FUTURE balance than for current balance. The current state of things just makes a nice justification.
>>
>>45591189
Affinity beat it? That's one hell of a transformational sideboard.
>>
>>45591445
Considering that WotC doesn't playtest Modern it seems odd to consider that they'd take future cards into consideration when banning.
>>
>>45589217
I couldn't bee more pissed at Wizards right now. They fucked up so hard that they have to nerf my deck to fix this fiasco. No matter how hard I try to rationalize it, the eye ban seems inevitable. I will bow out of modern after the inevitable ban. I've had enough of this shitty, top-deck only, ban everything format.
>>
"If it's good, ban it. If people like it, ban it. Whoops, we fucked up, ban it. Ban ban ban ban ban ban. No unbans. Formats healthy."

-DCI
>>
>>45591502
Never mistake incompetence for lack of playtesting.
>>
>>45589217
Between Eldrazi Temple and Eye of Ugin, they should just ban Eye of Ugin
Temple is not as strong as Eye
>>
>>45591674
Screenshot for later
>>
>>45594386
WotC has said several times that they only playtest Standard and Limited. Older formats like Modern and Legacy simply contain too many cards for them to reach anything conclussive in the time they have to playtest.

Especially after Treasure Cruise and DTT were banned so shortly after being printed, people have been asking how it comes that the FFL has missed so many cards that turned out to be broken in Modern and Legacy, which has given Wizards plenty of oppurtinities to explain that the FFL doesn't play those formats.

Simply banning cards that turn out to be problematic is a much more efficient way for Wizards to manage those formats.
>>
So I think that when eye gets banned I'm just gonna replace it and emrakul with newlamog. Ancient stirrings is kinda OP for filtering (hell for this deck it's straight up broken).Shit, that might also get banned because bannings come in two
>>
Honestly, probably the best thing for the format is to make it a completely clean slate. Remove everything but the following from the list:
>Colored Artifact Lands
>Blazing Shoal
>Chrome Mox
>Mental Misstep
>Skullclamp
Then in the next 3 months hit three cards that make decks that go too fast.
Would the format be broken as fuck? Absolutely. Would it be better than the current googles of scions meta? Probably.
>>
>>45589217
At first glance I thought the picture on this card was of a big shiny purple butt plug.
>>
File: Bait.png (130 KB, 622x626) Image search: [Google]
Bait.png
130 KB, 622x626
my god /tg/, my god why?
>>
>>45597367
Nobody is taking the op seriously. This is a general bitch and moan thread.
>>
>>45595727
"When everything is broken, nothing is"
>>
Ban Reality smasher and thought knot seer and let me keep my eldrazi deck from before Oath
>>
It is a delicate dance when you play Eldrazi. At every single moment you must constantly be calculating the optimum use of your spells. You are not limited by something ancient like mana. You are limited by your own intelligence and cleverness.

Thought-Knot Seer means you have to know every other deck's spells and game plan. It's all or nothing. Eldrazi players have to be better at the game than other people.

Bad control and no late game. A reward Wizards put into the game for experienced players
>>
>>45595727
You want hypergenesis running around?
I mean otherwise I agree with you but still hypergenesis?
>>
>>45601170
I don't think "lol, I hit you with five Endless One for the price of one" is delicate nor clever
>>
>>45595727
Add Seething Song, Glimpse of Nature, Hypergenesis, and Bloom to that list and you're probably golden.
>>
>>45601355
What's wrong with Storm, Elves and Amulet Bloom? I mean Bloom was hardly anything close to oppressive especially.
>>
>>45601370
Garbage combo decks that bring nothing interesting to the format
>>
>>45602159
>I liek smash faec
Okay bud, enjoy that. Interesting to see eggs isn't a garbage combo deck though. How does being uninteresting make a deck ban worthy? I bet you were one of the people raving about how overpowered tron was a few months ago because it beat your deck.
>>
>>45600819
>>45601276
>>45601355
Here's the thing, this isn't meant to be the final list. This is just the initial testing, when everything that isn't hyper FTK or flat-out mistakes is legal. From there we go with the Pikula method of banning.
>>
>>45602203
I play merfolk, I'm not too worried with tron. I kinda feel bad for tron players, everyone at my shop thought it would replace twin but then eldrazi happened
>>
>>45602475
Ban everything till Necro is good again, then ban Necro?
>>
>>45601370
Tbh, elves would be super dominant if Glimpse was unbanned. Giving it an engine that can allow even more T3 wins would be absurd.
>>
>>45591633
What's YOUR deck? And if it's Eldrazi, what makes you different from CFB and Frank Lepore?
This is Modern; you can't just break a format in half and expect nobody to care.
>>
>>45591489
When Affinity is running 2 copies of Ensnaring Bridge in the board, the format is beyond fucked.
>>
>>45591633
The Twin ban was my breaking point. I didn't even play Twin. Hell, my brew actually had a great matchup against it. But holy shit banning a deck for no good reason when that deck was implicitly keeping the format in check? It showcased that Wizards don't know what they're doing but are still willing to make decisions anyway.
>>
>>45604932
Twin ban was long overdue. It makes way too many decks not viable. Once eye and temple are banned the format will thrive
>>
>>45605055
What decks does Twin stop from existing exactly? It's worth noting here that without Twin, Jund and Abzan (aka. the fairest decks there are in Modern) cannot exist. And when the entire control archetype isn't viable in Modern, I think there's bigger problems afoot than Splinter Twin.
>>
>>45605055
>Zoo makes too many aggro decks not viable, once Nacatl is banned, the format will thrive.
>Jund makes too many decks not viable. Once Bloodbraid Elf is banned, the format will thrive.
>Pod makes too many decks not viable. Once Pod is banned, the format will thrive

Yeah, nah, you're a cunt.
>>
>>45605247
I love how a 3/3 for G isn't good enough anymore.
>>
>>45605247
Pod ban made modern much better. A colorless tutor machine is just dumb. Collected company is much more fair
>>
>>45605454
The only reason Pod was too strong was the fact that everything that could keep up with it was already banned. In Legacy, the card is basically unplayable. By banning Pod, WotC removed one of the more unique and defining cards of the format. I didn't even play Pod, and I think it was a bullshit decision.
>>
>>45605454
>A colorless tutor machine
That requires you to sacrifice a creature. And you're very limited in what you can search for. Sure it's strong, but it's not like answers don't exist. Shadow of a Doubt blows Pod's dick out through its asshole.
>>
>>45604002
Tron my boy.
>>
>>45589217
>Black lotus+ for drazi
>makes it impossible to lose late
>mana can be used every turn, multiple times a turn
K anon.
>>
i don't understand competitive mtg and this hurts my mind
i'm just gonna go run 4 sol rings in casual, thanks
>>
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 148x144) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 148x144
>>45597367
This image triggers my autism because that's clearly Gate of Babylon and not UBW
>>
>>45595727
Keep Chrome banned but unban Blue Delve and Cloudpost???? WHAT????
>>
>>45609862
I'm beginning to realize that the Modern banlist is surrounded by a strange energy field that renders anyone who comes into contact with it incapable of rational thought or logic. It's the only explanation.
>>
>>45610011
How is unbanning Post logical? And how is Chrome Mox broken at all?
>>
>>45610042
I wasn't disagreeing with you.

Here's the real problem: Nobody really has any idea what is and isn't safe to unban, because half of the shit was banned before the first tournament. All anyone really has to go on is how the banned cards/strategies fared in other formats, which is not an accurate depiction of how they would fare in Modern. Is Cloudpost too good? Probably, yes, but it never had to compete with Jace, SFM, Elves with Glimpse of Nature, Countertop, Dredge, etc. The banlist has been mismanaged from the format's inception.
>>
>>45610248
Here's what I think should happen:

Banned: Eldrazi Temple, Batterskull

Unbanned: Splinter Twin, Preordain, Seething Song, Birthing Pod, Bloodbraid Elf, Stoneforge Mystic, Acnestral Visions, Chrome Mox, Summer Bloom

Thoughts?
>>
>>45610518
>Eldrazi Temple
sure
>Batterskull
but why?
>Splinter twin
nope
>preordain
nope
>seething song
nope
>birthing pod
nope
>bloodbriad elf
sure
>stoneforge mystic
abstain
>ancestral visions
sure
>chrome mox
sure
>summer bloom
nope
>>
In the current meta it's broke as hell if they got rid of temple this card would be tolerable but right now something needs to change.
>>
>>45601355
Rite of Flame and Cantrips are way more powerful than Seething Song in Storm.
>>
>>45595727
#freeartifactlands #makeaffinitygreatagain
>>
>>45611259
Butterskull is ban so SFM is unban.
But it's much easier to just ban SFM so they can print good equipments in the future
>>
>>45589217
What's it's drawback tho?
>>
File: 1454120352148-4.jpg (31 KB, 400x280) Image search: [Google]
1454120352148-4.jpg
31 KB, 400x280
>>45589364
>talking shit about Uncle Adolf
>>
>>45591126
whenever i see chalice i always think of everflowing chalice for some reason.
>>
>>45613370
It's because you play edh, not legacy
>>
File: impact_by_justv23-d5ptxna.jpg (123 KB, 774x1031) Image search: [Google]
impact_by_justv23-d5ptxna.jpg
123 KB, 774x1031
Just unban everything. Lets see your meta then.
>>
>>45615147
My LGS is doing a no-banlist Modern event with 20 proxies next month, that's going to be sick
>>
>>45615234
Oy vey, Proxies? What is your LGS, anon. I wish to sign up for the tournament...
>>
>>45602912
That's the plan, yes. Obviously instead of Necro we pick a deck that's just a bit past what is healthy for the format - amulet bloom might be that point, I'm not sure.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.