[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recaster Information
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
Hey, So I've decided to be a real piece of shit and get into the game of buying warhammer 40k (specifically, forge world) for a fraction of the price, dicking over GW in the process, because fuck those prices.

So I'm looking for several people with "a very particular set of skills", namely CoolCastorNot (CCON) and the ever elusive "Z", but any recasters that can be considered "reputable". I'm pretty much just looking for email addresses, the password for CCoN's catalogue and reviews/testimonials from people who have used them before (anything from if they're reputable, what they're good at, how quickly they reply/ship out, price differences etc).

So, /tg/, will you help me be a real asshole and steal models out from under GW and forge world?
>>
>>45521478
fuck off GW nobody likes you here
>>
Well...shit, you've got me.
>>
>>45521478
Sorry GW Legal Team but no one on this board will just post the information for all to see. You have a better chance lurking on reddit.

Seriously did you think this thread wouldn't make you look like a narc?
>>
How the fuck are you supposed to buy recast models if there's no way to get information about the fucking recaster?
>>
You got a point there. I'm not a snitch, but I get that revealing info like that's gonna end up fucking the recast community in the ass. I'll search around.

Tbh, I knew it might make me look like I'm trying to spill the beans to GW, but honestly I have no intention whatsoever of spilling the info, after what they did to WHF, I have no regrets about using recasters.

Can you guys at least give me a clue as to where to look? Subreddits, /tg/ threads? People to contact etc? I've been looking for weeks now to no avail.
>>
>>45521960
just ask people in person, that's how I found "my" recaster
>>
>>45522019
All well and good, but nobody I know IRL uses recasters, they're all sucking on the cancerous teet of GW.
>>
Anyone know where to buy some drugs? I need some really hardcore drugs for a big underaged party. Phone numbers, emails, addresses of dealers, anything would be appreciated. You can reach me at [email protected].
>>
>>45522003
>Tbh
>desu
wait a second
>>
>>45522066
aliexpress

>>45522071
if you live in a town big enough to have a college, check with medical students
failing that, just ask black people
>>
>>45521478
On EBay you'll find a ton of shit sold in new condition sold in bundles for about half of GW's equivalent price.

I'm not saying anything, I'm just sayin'.
>>
>>45522003
>Subreddits
/r/yoymart was where I found one of the ones you are looking for and IRL I found the other.
>>
Who are the good ones worth using?
I don't see Chinaman mentioned much anymore
>>
>>45522186
are the ebay ones decent quality?

they charge like 2x more than the china guys. im assuming they are just reselling the same china for 2x?
>>
File: snek.png (11 KB, 1016x547) Image search: [Google]
snek.png
11 KB, 1016x547
Op. Go to r/yoyhammer, find a catalog. I've got a fucking fantastic one, but I won't share, as I like him.
>>
Protip: posting recaster information on here is not going to kill the recaster. They are in China. Nobody is going to fucking touch them.
Also, there are multiple Reddit boards about this specific topic. I recommend /r/yoyhammer
>>
>>45521478

You are aware that any asshole with a two hundred dollar 3D printer and half a clue how to use it is able to skirt around dealer mark-up on mini's, right? Seriously, it's not that hard, and mastering it may actually prove to be a marketable skill.
>>
File: tru.png (38 KB, 500x647) Image search: [Google]
tru.png
38 KB, 500x647
>>45522554
No. EBay ones are at a HUGE mark up.
>>45522148
>Mfw med student and the guy who does recaster orders for my group
Shit anon, how did you know?
>>
File: received_1095072070516857.jpg (243 KB, 1776x1332) Image search: [Google]
received_1095072070516857.jpg
243 KB, 1776x1332
OP. Ill make you a deal. I'm putting an order in on the 22nd, and Ill let you in on it, here's some of his stuff.
>>
>>45522664
From What I can see, it looks legit, which caster you using?
>>
>>45522664
Alright, from what I can see of the image, the casting quality looks legit, which one you using?
>>
>>45522708
CDR is the abbreviation I'm using, I won't be flippant with the name. What are you looking for?
>>
>>45522753
10 MK IV assault marines, Raven guard upgrade kits (MKVI pads), 10 man Dark fury assault squad, a dark fury jump pack or astorath the grim's jump pack (fancy praetor bullshit), a pair of dark fury lightning claws and the like. Fair warning, depending on the price, I wont be able to buy that much until next month (its tough paying rent).
>>
>>45522900
Got steam? I can message you when I'm home.
>>
>>45522964
I don't sadly, is reddit cool?
>>
>>45522964
are your willing to be my dealer anon?
>>
>>45523026
Sure. U/imadethisforgifts
>>45523085
Yes. Message me. He's got the entire 30k range, save for the newest stuff, and some 40k.
>>
>>45523118
whats ur steam
>>
>>45523133
Ainsley Bringing the Painsley. Can respond once I'm home.
>>
>>45523118
Cheers man. I guess it's true what they say, /tg/ delivers.
>>
>>45523180
any Forge world stuff anon?
>>
>>45523271
Pretty much his entire range. He just added DX Technical Drones and Tetras for Tau.
>>
>>45522071

You can spot them fairly easily, people advertise that shit occasionally. Look for the Bob Marley merch and red/yellow/green coloration. Blond dreads and knitted beanie hats are also a good indicator.
>>
How much do these things go for?

If I still have to bring out 10$ or higher for a group of tac marines, I'm not even going to bother.
>>
File: ...fuck.png (105 KB, 627x620) Image search: [Google]
...fuck.png
105 KB, 627x620
How do I find z's email
I can only find his old dead one
>>
>>45524620
16$ for a tac squad of 10 or 16$ for a forge world primarch
>>
>>45521777
Fucking idiot you think CHINA LAND OF KNOCK OFF GOODS INC is going to give ANYONE up for shit like this? Use your fucking head. Oh wait you post retarded shit like this. Too late.
Kindly die, or at least never breed (last one is a safe bet)
>>
>z
>elusive
Aight then nigga
You straight retarded
>>
File: 1417758068991.png (116 KB, 459x325) Image search: [Google]
1417758068991.png
116 KB, 459x325
>>45528180
I don't know what to google anon.

I found his old email but everything else just leads to reddit posts that are reviews of his products without contact info.
>>
Has Miranda Irene got a new shop up or are they gone for good? I haven't found anything about them since their shop disappeared from Aliexpress. I ordered some little kit from them some time ago and was happy enough with the service and their selection that I was looking to get a few more bits.
>>
I'm just trying to get a FW great unclean one from that Z guy iv seen it on his catalog. Just curious if anyone knows how does his bigger models come out? Passable?
>>
>>45522003
stop fucking tripfagging
>>
>>45528530
Anon do you know what a trip is?
>>
>>45522591
3D Printers in the $200 price range are not able to replicate even recast quality.

Don't spread false information. Maybe in 5 years.
>>
>>45528548
I meant name

I'll kill myself in a sec dw about it.
>>
>>45528556
This, non industrial printers will not be able to produce mini level detail for some years at least.
>>
>>45521960
Post your email and they'll reach out to you, that's how I got in contact with my recasters.
>>
>>45528471
they're usually pretty okay, though mold slippage is like a 50/50 chance from my experience
>>
Guys, seriously stop helping this idiot. Either he is a) GW legal team, or b) an idiot who can't be arsed to do his own internet searching.
>>
File: c20160219.jpg (229 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
c20160219.jpg
229 KB, 1280x720
Demon!
>>
>>45528780
>Either he is a) GW legal team, or b) an idiot

In either case, he deserves to take many deep breaths of that toxic Chinacast resin fragrance.

>not going to even bother letting him know which recasters use non-smelly resin.
>>
I have to say I'm pretty happy about Zs quality so far.
Forgeworld stuff was really really good. And I ordered a lot in the last few months.

Also, don't be retarded and give out his email, sad enough that those reddit retards give out mails on a regular basis.
>>
Daily reminder that this >>45521478 kills the chinaman.

Z is having trouble because people share his contact info with shills
>>
>>45532664
>>45532829

I get that but I wan't buy £400 worth of stuff off the man but can't because no one will give me his address because "muh shills".

It's frustrating as fuck.
>>
>>45533268
>no one will give me his address because "muh shills"
No, it's because you can't into google/internet.

>inb4 "B-but muh outdated contact info!"
>>
>>45533480

But it is outdated contact info and DDG and google get you literally no useful information whatsoever.
>>
>>45522585
Nice try GW
>>
>>45522585
>there are multiple Reddit boards about this specific topic
And the chinaman I do business with mad with Reddit because they share his info so openly
>>
>>45522585
>They are in China. Nobody is going to fucking touch them.

Who the fuck caused Z's webstore to shut down then?
>>
>>45522753
CDR is based. But fuck his DKoK. I think he rushed those or something as they have the same problems as Zs.
>>
>>45532664
Z's resin is too brittle on a lot of his 40k range models. Is his current batch better? I haven't purchased from him for two years.
>>
>>45535344
My knarlocs came just fine, the resin is more flexible than CCoN's and even FW's, ordered them a few months ago.

I'd say that Z is great for the more organic/complex models and CCoN for more boxy stuff, like tanks and tau suits.
>>
You know if you guys spent as much time furthering your career or even actually looking for a job in the first place as you do trawling around /tg/ and trying to find the cheapest ways to get shitty resin toys, you'd be able to easily afford even an expensive FW army.

There is a reason your boss can have $500 sushi lunches and $100 a day parking and you think $30-50 for a box of models is too expensive.

The frugal millionaire is the exception, not the norm. And Buffet only got rich due to immense time. Frugality gets you rich slowly. Save $10 on random shit and $100 on toys, or spend $10,000 and gain $50,000 on the stock market?
>>
>>45521478
>$23 for Vulkan

m8 you're getting ripped off, you should be paying max $16 for a primarch model
>>
>>45536195

Flexible resin is bad. I don't want a bendy Gnarloc. I want a resin that is stiff and firm, but not brittle enough to snap. Finecast and FW resin is actually decent for this, but to be honest any thick chunk of resin will be decently firm.

This is why resin is a piece of shit material. If you try to do bend tests, you will either break it, or have a floppy piece of shit if it manages to bend at room temperature without breaking.
>>
>>45538702
>$7
>either product is under $25
>ripped off

So poor.
>>
>>45538743
It's not about being poor. Its about paying more for something that's being sold for less.
>>
>>45538671
If forgword sell five marines for £34 and another guy sells them for £11 there is absolutely no reason to go for the more expensive option.
>>
>>45538707
I said "more flexible", which isn't to say that it's absolutely bendy. It's still firmer than finecast. For me this is perfect because the model can withstand a bit of abuse while removing mold lines and chunks of resin, but won't bend just because it was in the sun for a few hours.
>>
>>45538671

>le poorfag meme
>>
File: Plutonia-map02-end.png (97 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Plutonia-map02-end.png
97 KB, 640x480
>>45527559
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.