[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Vendor Leakening - Part 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11
File: Untitled.png (49 KB, 568x396) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
49 KB, 568x396
Elaborate ruse or damage control? edition
>>
its a cover up, wizards doesnt want the public to lose faith in their vendors
>>
>>45484744
This is just wizards covering their own ass, expect mysterious punishments to be dished out on the down low in the coming weeks
>>
>>45484744

BULL SHIT

WE KNEW ABOUT EMA MONTHS AHEAD OF TIME

SOMEONE KNEW
>>
File: Untitled.png (199 KB, 595x587) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
199 KB, 595x587
this tweet was deleted fairly quickly
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (277 KB, 1024x1820) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
277 KB, 1024x1820
>>45484977
Here, have a full res!
>>
>>45484977

What is this supposed to imply? That ALL major vendors know the inside info? The fuck?
>>
fuck vendors,buy packs
>>
>>45485053
Fuck the secondary market and speculators in general.
>>
The original leaker says everyone vendorleak just apologized to is actually guilty.

Wizards cover up?
>>
>>45484744
They got to him
>>
Cartmen, what did Kyle say to you just now?

You were about to kill Kyle, then Kyle said something to you and now you don't want to kill Kyle
>>
File: jew-shut-itdown[1].jpg (31 KB, 395x290) Image search: [Google]
jew-shut-itdown[1].jpg
31 KB, 395x290
>>45485388
>>
Dude deleted his twitter
>>
>>45485690
The plot thickens.
>>
>>45485690
Anyone archived his shit?
>>
So what do we do now?
>>
how is this not treated like insider trading with federal penalties. Companies know in advance, and can get a jump on the public with buying and selling comodities.

Why is it because its cardboard kiddy toys somehow the law does not apply?
>>
>>45484744
My inner conspiracy lover says it was silenced by the same wizards.
that said, not enough info to make a conclusion that is completly supported
>>
File: mtg subreddit.jpg (154 KB, 1300x1283) Image search: [Google]
mtg subreddit.jpg
154 KB, 1300x1283
>>45484744
I don't know and I don't care, but at least you guys are acting 100 times better then the autist in the mtg sub-reddit, I just want to see SOI leaks, not faggots spazing out
>Pic of MTG sub reddit
>>
>>45484744
>WotC asked him to lie so they could investigate in peace
>WotC told him they don't care and he's getting raped if he leaks any more info
>The duglords behind AEther and Deals made him an offer he couldn't refuse.
>It really is MaRo promoting Conspiracy 2

I don't know what to believe.
>>
>>45486321
HOW?
>>
>>45486437
theyre sweeping it under the rug while the vendor that "faked" the leaks will end up as the scapegoat

nothing will change and the gullible public will believe every word
>>
>>45486586
>nothing will change and the gullible public will believe every word
you imply the public gives a shit
they're retards who'll eat up whatever Wizards shoves down their gullets regardless

Thank you based China for applying free market factors to this piece of shit stock broker's "investment" bonanaza that just so happens to have once had a pretty good card game attached to it
>>
All I'm getting is that every vendor at GP Oakland knew. This would include CFB. Anything anyone says otherwise is bullshit. If one vendor takes the fall then all the others knew, theres no way word got out to a random person and not to the other vendors.
>>
Placing my bet now, every vendor at GP Oakland knew, but because Wizards doesn't want to punish their two cash cows (CFB and SCG), they're gonna sweep this shit under the rug and say the claims were unfounded and leaks were "based on rumor and speculation."
>>
>>45487696
Except that Vendorleaks had already exonerated both of them.
>>
>>45487712
Vendorleaks was also in contact with WotC and cooperating with them.

If they said "don't implicate CFB/SCG" in this, what was he going to do, say no?

Besides, he RT'd that guy who said CFB had knowledge alongside Aether.
>>
>>45487712

Vendorleaks is at odds with the original leaker. Who do you believe, the one in contact with wizards, or the one who told us about EMA to begin with?
>>
>>45485003
What is this?
>>
So wait, why exactly are we trusting this Vendorleaks guy?
>>
Wait a second. Didn't, in the initial volley of vendorleaks tweets, he say that one of the shops was laundering drug money? And now we know he was talking about one of the GP Oakland vendors? And barring that, at least a store from that area of Cali? How is the FBI not neck deep in this right now?
>>
>>45488182

He leaked several unknown details involving the financial state of some mtg vendors that were later corroborated. He is also not the only leaker saying these things.
>>
File: TI1w4ss.png (71 KB, 740x366) Image search: [Google]
TI1w4ss.png
71 KB, 740x366
Time to pack up and move along.
http://imgur.com/gallery/OD048/new
>>
I was certain he was going to pussy out of this.
I really hope he grabed some cash from the vendors before going full sperg on this.
They will try to cover this shit. We had suspicion about this. Now we know for sure that fuckers at scg, cfb, etc. All those kikes knows everything in advance and cuck us hard.
Fuck this "game"
Is it possoble and how can someone involve the feds on this shit ?
We're talking about a lot of cash moving. And some shaddy things are going on.
Fuck how a children cardboards game can become so degenerate ?
>>
>>45488365
Only way the feds will give a damn is if someone is laundering money, drugs are involved, or if someone's not paying their taxes.

Given that MTGHeadquarters said something about a vendor buying cards in the US and selling for more in Japan, likely without declaring it at customs, someone could probably get nailed for evading taxes.
>>
>>45488365
I'm not buying from any of those vendors again anyway.
Even if they were clean of this, they were still guilty of something dire enough for such a smear campaign to happen.
>>
>>45488449
>>45488365

Thats just it! Someone IS laundering money! I doubt its CFB or SCG, but one of the GP Oakland vendors were outed as a money laundering operation right at the start of this!
>>
>>45488449
>Only way the feds will give a damn is if someone is laundering money, drugs are involved, or if someone's not paying their taxes.
All of this is true.
>>
>>45488694
One of T&T's buyers was "released" after a buy/sell tour that included Spain, Argentina, Colombia and Mexico.
>>
>>45488747

Thats hilariously sketchy. Anymore info on that?
>>
So will this finally make people quit paying the cardboard Jew?
>>
>>45488870
The majority of players don't even know about this.
>>
i only play draft and sealed at my lgs because of how degenerate constructed has become over the past 20 years.
>>
>>45488990
i wish more stores did sealed, outside of pre-release.

I feel it offers the best part of draft but minimizes you getting fucked by RNG
>>
>>45489733
I think its cause its $30, and its easier to convince someone to spend $12
>>
File: 1452382970562.jpg (72 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1452382970562.jpg
72 KB, 800x800
>>45487712
>the two biggest vendors and market actors don't know about the leak
Yeah, okay. Hu uh.
>>
What's happening? Just got out of work and I'm a tad lost here.
>>
>>45489733
Rng?
>>
>>45489897
Google it.
>>
>>45489897
He means the universe has a hypothetical random number generator that picks if your pack will get playables.
>>
File: 1453563438879.png (53 KB, 368x366) Image search: [Google]
1453563438879.png
53 KB, 368x366
I don't get it. Why is any of this relevant? Do you guys NEED to know the full list days or weeks before a set releases?

Sorry for being a massive ignoramus if I'm missing the point of this
>>
File: 1355625333977.jpg (184 KB, 600x367) Image search: [Google]
1355625333977.jpg
184 KB, 600x367
>>45490083
Its not that we need to know, its that we need to know at them same time as vendors.

If vendors get a jump, they get an "insider trading" type of effect where they know which cards to dump and which to buy up.
>>
>>45490109
Ah, I see. So vendors just being scummy as usual. Thanks!
>>
>>45484744
>wizards is being pieces of shit like usual and leaking crap to big name vendors so they can buy stuff up long before anyone else gets a chance via insider information
why do i continue supporting this shit game, i hate WOTC so god damn much.
>>
>>45488668
>no smoke withoit fire
Which is one of the most retarded mindsets one can have. I can for example claim that Donald Trump loves cucumbers so much - like, he's practically addicted to them - and eats them constantly and that his skin gets all super salty because of it. That doesn't mean it's true or even that's there a shred of truth in it.

There is such a thing as smoke without fire and it happens all the time.
>>
File: For slower threads.gif (4 MB, 450x320) Image search: [Google]
For slower threads.gif
4 MB, 450x320
Can I get a tl;dr of the situation?
>>
>>45489733
That's fucking retarded and objectively wrong.

Draft is inherently less RNG you mong
>>
>>45490972
The fire there is the deliberate lying indicating a hatred of the saviour of the home of the brave, and a histrionic personality on the part of the lie's creator
>>
>>45492910
wizards insider sells print information to vendors
?????
DAMAGE CONTROL
>>
>>45493903
Why is this MtGDeepThroat guy rescinding his accusations, though? It looks like people ITT are claiming that he was paid off and/or shut up, but do what reasons do we have to believe his original claims?
>>
>>45495315
The official response is he was fed faulty info or went off hearsay. For the last question: We want to believe.. That is why.
>>
>>45484935
To be fair, knowing that the set exists doesn't mean knowing the contents of it. The leak of "Eternal Masters is going to be a thing!" could easily have come from, say, someone working on the packaging, who would have no knowledge about cards in it.
>>
>>45496043

The leak was 'eternal masters is happening, port, wasteland, and snapcaster are getting reprinted, buy reserve list stuff'

It has since been confirmed that the leaks are coming from multiple places, including translation and wizards internal messaging apps.
>>
>>45489971
The factory belts that convey card to the packs are not the universe, it's a "random" number generator that assign each card to the pack. It's not hypothetical.
>>
>>45495315
Because he said "lol in fact there is no list and nobody knew about the set before"
Which is wrong because there is another person that said they heard vendors talk at a GP 3 months ago about 2 bans and a new set (The 2 bans happenend and the new set too).
So saying nobody knew and there is no list is bullshit and everyone a little interested in this know it's a lie that wizard told him for damage control because it surely involves big vendors life scg that promote the game BIG TIME for wizards.
+
If people start to lose faith in vendors wizards can suck dicks.
>>
What if WotC took control of the secondary market? What will happen?
>>
>>45497390
Confirmed where?

>>45498431
>In the interest of financial diversity, Island has been banned from Constructed
>>
>>45498570
>In the interest of diversity, players' decks must now feature persons of at least eight different ethnicities
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/46dt5o/in_light_of_recent_events/

the guy that leaked the twin, amulet bans and eternal master release

>So my guess is someone figured out who he is, and told him to shut the fuck up

Magic cards are like the mafia now ?
>>
>>45498168
>I heard that somebody heard someone else say...

Undeniable proof!
>>
Funny, I actually don't care if there is inside trading. What I do care is how much these so called "collectors" and CCG Stores price gouge their consumers. We live in the age of MtG where there is no good reason NOT TO make counterfiet cards. If WotC want to support their "collectors" and favourite "retailers" as opposed to players, then fuck WotC.
>>
>>45498754
THE PLOT THICKENS
>>
>>45498763
Are you retarded ?
Someone posted information that were true 3 months after.
And you still doubt the information he provided ?
What kind of mental disease have you familia ?
>>
>>45498707
>yfw cards with White people become a hot commodity as they become so rare it is almost impossible to fill the diversity quotas
>>
>>45499435
>by 2050, mono Caucasian decks are allowed again because whites are now a minority

;^)
>>
>card shit leaks all day
>no news about the Magic movie so far
>>
>>45500333
That shit is going to be so bad... I hope they at least give a card like Mew.
>>
>>45500667
>a card

Why not randomized booster packs with a small chance to get an ultra rare premium foil Jace planeswalker?

:^)
>>
>>45500333

That shit is still in pre-production man.
>>
>>45484744
The lesson at the end is: do not go against the sistem
Maybe if all /tg/ could do something to put all that fucking vendors and collectors on his place, but well, when was the las time /tg/ got shit done?
>>
>implying the guy wasn't silenced by one of the vendor guys
>>
>>45503125
>one
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.