[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which color combination has the potential for the worst villains?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6
Which color combination has the potential for the worst villains?
>>
>>45460920
My immediate thought is black and red. However I feel like black and blue could be some blood related magic shit that would be pretty badass
>>
>>45460920

WB.
>>
>>45460920
Green-White.

ONE OF US. ONE OF US. ONE OF US.
>>
>>45460920
White mono

If white was a villain, it would unify all the humanoid nations and then destroy anything that wasn't normal, all on the back of zealotry and divine right.

White would be Hitler.
>>
Any of them, really. Though black tends to make things worse due to their disregard for morals and ethics. But White can go wrong when they go all "Ends justify the means". Blue can go wrong when they disregard everything else in the pursuit of knowledge. Black goes wrong when they forget that causing harm isn't the only way to get what you want. Red goes wrong whenever they don't consider others when they act. And lastly Green goes wrong when they decide everyone should go back to being cavemen.

And that's just the mono colors.
>>
>>45460920
Red, because it is most likely to make a murder hobo who just likes killing and pain. Also before anyone says but that sounds cool, imagine if that was all there was to their personality.
>>
Black has the potential (or really, the likelyhood) to produce the most morally vile villains, capable of the greatest personal atrocities against those surrounding them. You have your rapists, murderers, cannibals and the like having their root in this color, even if they may share another one.

White villains have the potential to do the most damage, given that their conviction to what they believe is moral is more likely to put them in a leadership position. A White villain, or a villain with White as one of his colors, is going to have a larger (and more effective) group of people under is command. His influence is going to be wider, more liable to effect entire societies. As much as I hate to say it, on the account of White being my favorite color in MtG and my irritation at the constant attempts to subvert/deconstruct it, White is going to make for the worst villains. If not necessarily the most EVIL villains.
>>
File: Hel.png (155 KB, 518x294) Image search: [Google]
Hel.png
155 KB, 518x294
>>45460920
Worst as in shit-at-being-villains, or worst as in great-at-being-villains?
>>
>>45461289
Yeah tibalt was fun
>>
>>45461113
Funnily enough most truly horrifying IRL monsters don't tend to be particularly Black. most dictators and their cronies are White with a splash of Red for the thugs, Blue for the Mengele types and Green for the dictators.
>>
>>45461301
>>45461301
>>45461301
>>
Blue is the most likely to just end reality because they can. This beats pretty much everything else.

Or whatever color Urza was, imagine someone like him with near infinite time and resources devoted to some diabolical cause. Hell, we only look at Urza as a good guy due to how evil the Phyrexians were.
>>
>mtg writing will never be as decent as it was during oldwalkers
>>
>>45461344
As the books said; the difference between Urza and Yawgmoth was a 5,000 year head start.
>>
>>45460920
I'd say straight black since the greatest villain in MTG was pure black mana
>>
>>45461389
I need to read those someday, I've basically only read parts of Apocalypse and the tldr versions.
>>
>>45461311
Wish his card didn't suck balls
>>
>>45461016
Michiko Konda
>>
>>45460920
Green-Red
>>
What color is north korea
>>
>>45460920
UW
>>
For me it's blue.

In real life, everything we discover new things and gain knowledge of something, it gets transformed into something completly degenerate. For example look at Newton, who effectively invented the atomic bomb. Now look at history. It only needed one or two usage of that to see the ravages of it.

Blue is the power of knowledge. But sometimes, ignorance is bliss.
>>
>>45462076
White mixed with red, specifically weenie but with no support cards and a few direct damage cards.
>>
>>45462194
>For example look at Newton, who effectively invented the atomic bomb.
Bruh...
>>
White villains like Hitler are near the top of the list

But history also is filled with black blue villains, but they work in secret and often manipulate public opinion so that it's hard to be sure whether they were actually evil and what can be proven that they actually did

I'm thinking of global banking cartels, etc

Those villains are just as dangerous as a white villain like hitler but it's hard to point to a single guy like Rothschild, for instance, and be certain that they are actually guilty of villainous behavior

Green villains like the unabomber and other antimodern and antitechnology cultists have yet to display the sheer power and scale of damage that white and dimir villains have shown, but they can clearly be quite dangerous to those around them

Red villains Joseph Kony tend to be particularly disturbing but rarely amass huge power because of their instability

So I'd say the most powerful villains would clearly be esper, it's everything you need to be truly evil: a desire for power (black), the ability to shroud one's motivations and manipulate public opinion (blue), and a desire to organize and control beyond its practical (black) value, but as an end in itself (white)

Red green villains like Xenagod, by contrast are generally pretty sympathetic, or at least nothing about them besides their needless violence is truly abhorrent to the average person
>>
>>45462194
>Implying nukes haven't saved hundreds of millions of lives

Nice liberal fantasy world you live in.
All-out war between the Soviets and the West would have been vastly preferable to having all those nukes, huh?
>>
>>45462236
I don't talk about the nuking itself but the repercussions of it.

After 60 years the nearby villages are still considered risky to live in due to high risk of contracting all sorts of diseases and malfunctions. That's what I was pointing at.
>>
>>45461113
I would say green is more harmless than the other colors. Even at its worst, it is more passive than the other colors.
>>
>color combination

What is five colours anon?

>inb4 new colorless
>>
White-Black: Evil, amoral, greedy, elitist yet constantly tries to pretend it fight for the greater good. Cloaked in a shield of righteousness ans good intentions yet utterly amoral. But. nah, that wouldn't happen in real life.
>>
I feel like Hitler would be Mardu
White for the tyrannical regime
Black for the evil, power, parasiticism and ambition
Red for being a impulsive bastard ruled by whim and emotion.
>>
>>45462236
>Liberal
Liberals fucking love blue. It's science and progress and most importantly: Fuck the old ways, their inefficient.
Green would be the color of this luddite ass.
>>
File: scarred_puma.jpg (87 KB, 581x420) Image search: [Google]
scarred_puma.jpg
87 KB, 581x420
>>
>>45464570
Abzan. The first two are right, but Hitler focused mainly on the "good ole' days of a strong, unifed Germany" that could fuck people up because they're descendants of people who could fuck people up.
That reliance on the images of the past as well as genetic lineage meaning your something instead of your development turning you into something is a green mindset.
>>
>>45462194
>Newton inventing the a-bomb
regardless
>believing Einstein invented the a-bomb

Go read a history book, faget.
>>
>>45462076
Black/Green
>>
>>45462227
Xenagos didn't commit any needless violence, everything was very clear and thought out.

he set out to make a mockery of the Gods and show everyone that they are not gods at all, and that anyone can become one of them.

his actions and the consequences of his revelation to the world has explosive and disastorous results, but almost all of it were reactions from other beings, and not himself.

more of a villian through proxy, because he chose to ____ someone else decided to do _____ that was really bad, basically.
>>
>>45465353
except they pushed technology pretty hard too.
>>
>>45466664
Nazi science was actually pretty terrible
>>
>>45460920
I like the orthodox/crusader villains white offers. the whole "evil acts are justified by my cause" thing kicks it with me.
>>
>>45460920
5C because MAN IS THE REAL MONSTER, but seriously it's 5C. They have the most possible avenues of evil, and the most possible drives to evil.
>>
File: AN-94.jpg (290 KB, 1360x880) Image search: [Google]
AN-94.jpg
290 KB, 1360x880
>>45466972
4got pic
>>
>>45461016
Psycho-pass is basically what happens when mono-white rules the world
>>
>>45467237
>he hasn't seen the movie
Mono-white only really owns Japan, and even then Sibyl is most definitely not mono-white because they let Akane run around and are willing to change their justice.
>>
>>45462393
A couple thousand people versus the entire world?

I'll take the world with nukes any day.
>>
>>45464271
Green is inherently shit at villainry because preservation of life is a core tenet of their philosophy. The worse you can get is killing all sentient life. As such, anything with green in it is inherently limited. Red to a lesser extent. White lesser still. Blue and black are the best because they can choose any outcome, and are smart enough/ambitious enough to work towards it.
>>
File: 1454120324609-1.jpg (151 KB, 1395x1080) Image search: [Google]
1454120324609-1.jpg
151 KB, 1395x1080
>>45461016
>>45462227
>>45464570
>>45465353
>>
>>45460920
Blue White.

It's a combination of calculation, manipulation and control. In the hands of a villain, that's terrifying.
>>
>>45461319

Yeah - Black is selfishness and cruelty, but IRL, that kind of behavior isn't a great way to gain and keep power.

You can't just sacrifice a few virgins and reign supreme from your dark tower of pain, you gotta network that shit and hire an image consultant.

It's not a purpose like Blue is, or an ethos like Green might be - it's just a willingness to be a bastard, and that isn't an end-in-itself IRL.
>>
>>45460920
WU.

Everyone can register unrestrained selfishness and greed, relentless savagery and ferociousness, and constant anger and hatred as things of evil. You don't exactly have to be a genius that those things are bad.

When WU turns evil, however, it does it in the name of the greater good and progress. It not only performs evil, but it also perverts the idea of good while doing so, and it even builds support among the people, some of whom may actually believe that their WU overlords are doing what's right.
>>
>>45473100
>It's not a purpose like Blue is
Purpose is exactly what Blue lacks. Black's purpose is the self.

Say for example, that you manage to build a machine that can clone cows. White would say that you should clone enough cows that no one in the world have to go hungry, Black would say that you should clone enough cows that you maximize your profit from them, and Blue would simply clone cows to see how many it can clone.
>>
>>45460950
Oy vey
>>
>>45462194
Yeah no, you don't get to talk about the merits of knowledge and how ignorance is preferable when you are completely ignorant to knowledge.
>>
>>45466644
I quit Magic after RTR, what exactly happened on Theros?
From my understanding, Elspeth got there, Xenagos achieved apotheosis, Elspeth got sent to stab Xenagos to death by the other gods because Theros gods are petty pricks, Elspeth succeeds and gets backstabbed for her trouble

What was at all bad about Xenagos though?
>>
>>45466870
Most of the "science" that the higher ups liked was, but they had brilliant scientists as well, particularly in rocketry.
>>
>>45470591
>Who is Atarka
>>
>>45470591
>what is the Cancerverse?
>>
>>45475807
What is the Cancerverse?
>>
>>45475977
A universe where Death is dead.
>>
>>45476032
What?
>>
>>45476077
It's comics, don't question it too much.

This is the same medium where the only reason Deadpool doesn't die is because Thanos doesn't want him to hang out with his girlfriend, Death.
>>
>>45476077
One concept of the Marvel universe is that there is an infinite number of universes, resulting in infinite incarnations and possibilities.

In one of these universes, Death was killed, and thus nothing can die. This resulted in life piling up until it filled the entire universe, and it spilled out into other universes as a result.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-10011
>>
>>45476135
Moreover, Death was killed specifically to save the life of Captain Marvel.
>>
>>45460920
UBW. Total control. Owns your body, land, money, family, soul, and can snuff any of them out at any moment. Most likely a few moments before you were going to have seditious thoughts.
>>
>>45460920

All of them.

White would, at its outer limits of evil, erase life from the universe so there would be nothing left to disturb the peace of the emptiness that remained, and along the way would crush the notion of free will.

Blue would end the universe out of curiosity to see what happened, and before then it would erase emotion and do its best to crush out all semblance of unquantifiable thought.

Green would end sentient thought forever and set everything back to zero, again and again. Nothing but eat or be eaten, forever.

Red would destroy the universe for the sheer hell of it, and tear down all society, everywhere, purely to watch it all burn. Rational thought wouldn't survive its rise.

Black would destroy the universe out of spite that it can't own all of it, and there is no death toll it would consider too high in the pursuit of more power for itself.

And that's just the mono-colors.
>>
Funny how many vote for white.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.