[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
These boots are made for walking Edition >Official /5eg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: gersdorff_wound-man.jpg (196 KB, 552x736) Image search: [Google]
gersdorff_wound-man.jpg
196 KB, 552x736
These boots are made for walking Edition

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove, contains all official 5e stuff:
https://mega.nz#F!UVkTnT5b!FJ34UZ98BMY2mEtexenS7g

>Pastebin with homebrew list, resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>OGL and SRD for 5e
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/systems-reference-document-srd

>February Unearthed Arcana is Psionics
http://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/Psionics_and_Mystic_V2.pdf

What are you houserules for traveling, /5eg/? If a player, what do you like/dislike about how your DM runs traveling?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>The bard tailors an insult to every enemy he casts Vicious Mockery on and says it aloud
>>
>OP fucks up the thread title super hard
>but /5eg/ is in the copypasta so everything is okay
Nice.
>>
>>45358644
does anyone actually have a download link for that book?
>>
There's a cave network under the town, and bad people are gonna use it go launch a surprise invasion from within the walls.

How does the party find out about this, in such a way that "send an army into the cave" isn't the correct reaction?
>>
How's 5E wtih gestalt? Fine, fun, unbalanced, wonky as fuck?
>>
>>45358914
>gestalt
for what purpose
>>
>>45358947
I want to run a game that's a bit more high power for my players. We've done gestalt games with Pathfinder before and they ended up being crazy fun. I'm unsure how well it would work with 5E though with its share of mechanical differences.
>>
>>45358914
There are no gestalt rules in 5e so you'd have to make them up yourself, meaning it can be as wonky or as good as you're capable of making it.
>>
What would be the best class to dip in if you're wanting to play a paladin but the game is only going to level 10? Seems like switching off paladin when it gets to level 6 is a wise move when you'll never get the improved smite at 11.
>>
>>45358594
I started my campaign with a budget-based system but eventually it fell apart as my players weren't really buying into the hexcrawl structure I was going for.

>6-mile hexes
>movement budget is land movement rate in miles instead of feet (e.g. human starts with 30 miles per day)
>Easily-traveled hexes (e.g. roads through flat land) cost 6 miles, more difficult terrain costs more
>Long rests cost 6 miles, so travelling 24 miles a day plus camping is normal on a good road
>Exploring a hex to find points of interest costs a variable amount depending on the contents of the hex
>>
>>45359060
Levels 5 and 11 are major power levels. I'd take two classes to level 5.
>>
>>45359060
6th level's improvement to all saving throws is fantastic, 7th level features are good to great across all oaths, 8th gets you a much-needed ASI, and 9th nets you 3rd-level paladin spells like Aura of Vitality. 10th isn't that great so you can just dip sorcerer or warlock for some extra spell slots if you really want.
>>
File: 16_Geese_Howard.jpg (68 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
16_Geese_Howard.jpg
68 KB, 600x800
Which monk archetype would let me emulate Geese Howard from Fatal Fury/King of Fighters the best?
>>
>>45359085
Hexcrawls are pretty wargamey and definitely not for everyone.
>>
>>45359151
The one where you don't play a monk because monks have shit for damage
>>
>>45359034

It might be a bit weird because of the lack of Spell Failure rules, and because of saving throws.

Fighter/Caster anything becomes mega-strong because they get the extra ASIs, Con saves and heavy armor. So you could be a megawizard with no drawbacks at all.

Which is the point of Gestalt, yes, but usually in 3.X there was at least a *little* balance in that you were limited to the least armor you could wear, usually (fighter/wizard still had spell failure to deal with, for example).

You'd also have to deal with the question of the ASIs, because each class technically gets them, but getting double of them might be too much.
>>
>>45359034
>I want to run a game that's a bit more high power for my

Then you probably don't want 5e.
>>
Are there any ways to get flying based on movement speed besides Eagle Totem?
>>
>>45359034
I made the BBEG in one of my campaigns a Fighter/Barbarian gestalt and he ended up obliterating the party in a single turn.
>>
>>45359386
Winged boots.
>>
>>45358865
The ground collapses underneath them and they fall into the tunnel. They then wander around the tunnel trying to escape.
>>
>>45359386
Being a literal bird-man
>>
>>45359385
I like the system in general a lot better than something like Pathfinder. I don't want to turn the PCs into walking demigods in terms of their abilities, but do want to give them something a little standout in terms of power. If gestalt with 5E is too heavy as some anons are suggested, I'm curious to hear what other minor power boosts could work better.
>>
>>45359564
- Give out more magic items
- Use action points/hero points in the DMG
- Use the shorter resting variants in the DMG
- Give them each an extra hit die or two at 1st level (also gets around the lethality issue of low levels)
>>
>>45359085
I essentially do something similar with my group, I just never tell them it's a hex crawl, or mention the word hex. I keep my map with hexes behind the screen, and keep track of what direction they want to go.

They just think their travelling to and fro, or exploring an area on their own.
>>
>>45359386
>>45359512
Or Feral Tiefling
>>
You know, I'm thinking, how well would 5e do for a less heroic game? While it's not the most balls-to-the-wall fantasy superhero game out there (not by a long shot), it's still definitely a heroic style of game. Characters are pretty powerful, and everyone turns into their own specific brand of fantasy hero with special abilities. It definitely has that flavor.

Now, there's nothing wrong with this, per se. I think it does what it does very well. Sadly, what it does isn't really something I enjoy that much. I tend to like games that are closer to earth and that have less of that flavor in them. It's a bit sad, because I actually really like the system and would love to do something with it, but at the same time it just doesn't feel like it's a game for me.

I mean, I guess low-level play is always an option, with chosen classes that don't feel so blatant about it, but low-level D&D really isn't all that optimal at all. I find that a lot of systems do that kind of game better, so I don't know.

I guess this applies to more or less all editions of D&D, but for some reason it jumps out from 5e more than it's done for me before. Really not sure what it is, other than the general feel and tone of it, probably. It's a shame.
>>
My party has just arrived to a town that apparently has the perfect soil for cotton and a small plantation of it has already started. However, this town is in the shitter and I want my players to be able to fix it into a powerful trading outpost.

But cotton is such a nice thing to have, what kind of negligences could the locals be performing to justify such a thing?
>>
>>45359769
>>45359512
Neither of which have their flying based on movement speed, or rather walking speed.

Trying to figure out if there's a way, other than 14 levels of Barbarian, to get flying that is affected by mobile/barbarian movement speed/ monk movement speed.
>>
>>45360004
They're not very good at this. I mean, it's not exactly rare to have a village that could utilize its surrounding natural resources better, but doesn't due to lack of knowledge, knowhow or just resources.

If you haven't yet described the town to be well-off or something like that, it's easy to say that it's too poor and too much of a shithole to actually utilize the resources, because making food and staying alive is more important.

Or there's a monster that prevents it. That's the classic, and it's worked for who knows how many years. There's ankhegs or some shit and they can't start making cotton.
>>
>>45360004
Before the introduction of the cotton gin, it's a serious pain in the ass to actually process the plant fibers into something usable. There may be a labor availability issue.
>>
>>45359244
> MEMES, DUDE

>>45359151
Open Hand.
>>
>>45360493
danke
>>
File: 1424237530302.png (28 KB, 180x210) Image search: [Google]
1424237530302.png
28 KB, 180x210
I'm running a drow rogue AT about to hit 4, I honestly can't think of any feats outside maybe sharpshooter that I'd want, considering raising my dex or int to 18.
Can you folks help me out with that?
should I get X feat or should I just ability score increase?
>>
>>45358865
Has it been established that the town has an army ready to go? Perhaps they don't.
>>
>>45358865
there's no time to signal the army or the party wakes up in an underground dungeon
>>
>>45359151
Sun Soul for Reppukens and Raging Storm. Take Battle Mastery -> Riposte so you can counter those PREDICTABOO monsters.
>>
>>45359608
I might try those out, thanks anon.
>>
>>45359564
You could also give them higher level abilities (but not spellcasting) earlier, or allow them another archetype choice.
>>
Considering a dip in rogue for my bard. I have lots of spells that give advantage and a fair dex score, should I go for it?
>>
>>45359498
"party discovers the threat while in the caves for an unrelated purpose" is better than anything I'd come up with, thanks!

>>45359954
>I guess this applies to more or less all editions of D&D, but for some reason it jumps out from 5e more than it's done for me before. Really not sure what it is, other than the general feel and tone of it, probably. It's a shame.

Probably because 5e is a very low power version of DnD.

Anyways, you could probably easily homebrew your way into a low power version. The spell list is the trickiest part, and isn't that tricky.

>>45360774
Well, yes. My previous idea was just to have the army preoccupied with a major something elsewhere, but that created its own problems.
>>
>>45360924
The army being preoccupied could have been a contributing factor in the timing of this underground invasion. While the cat's away the mouse can sneak in and pillage.
>>
>>45360917
The idea of having two archetypes at once is interesting. I may toy around with that.
>>
>>45360924
The environment of the caves is highly hazardous towards anyone passing through them - perhaps the air within is highly toxic, or the passages are subject to a terrible curse - such that the army would risk less simply fortifying the entrance of the cave than sending men in and having a large number of them die - and still being uncertain whether the would-be invaders have actually been eradicated.
>>
File: 5687567587668.jpg (165 KB, 406x500) Image search: [Google]
5687567587668.jpg
165 KB, 406x500
>mfw playing Long death monk

Feels good having a better understanding of death than Myrkul himself.
>>
>>45360950
Yes, that was my idea.

But then I asked myself "why won't the party go off to help the army when they catch word of a battle? Why would the army discover this weakness at a moment when they're so preoccupied?" And so forth.

It's a low level dungeon, so "party is tasked with heading down there for X purpose when they stumble upon potential catastrophe" is satisfactory to me.
>>
So my DM just got SCAG and he's letting us re-spec our spells with Elemental Evil and SCAG material. Any must-haves for my GWF EK? Level 7 currently.
>>
>>45361308
green flame blade
>>
>>45359034
Maybe make Gestalt in such a way that you get one class at its regular progression and a sub class that's at half progression (EG Fighter 10/Wizard 5)?

In addition to that, I'd say that you get one save of your choice from your subclass instead of both of them, but otherwise it's free reign.
>>
>>45361189
>>45361189
If it's low level then you could make it an unassuming task. Like, say the cave system is a crude sewer system, or a a depleted mine- It's something the town is aware of but is otherwise not really concern about other than cleaning vermin out of it every few years or so. Adventurers come to town looking to make their names, town leaders see easy (expendable) labor, and task them with rooting out the rats and bats and what have you. then BAM, bandit scum (or whatever it is you have slated as the baddies) have set up and are almost ready to take the town by surprise.
>>
File: laststep.png (524 KB, 1000x1294) Image search: [Google]
laststep.png
524 KB, 1000x1294
Why aren't you running your game in Spelljammer, /5eg/?
>>
Would /5eg/ allow someone to use an arrow as the melee weapon for the riposte manuever?
>>
>>45361423
do they have it in hand ?
>>
>>45361457

the question presumes that they have it in hand, yes.
>>
>>45361423
You mean if you're an archer?

I'd say no. Drawing the ammo is part of the attack and then you fire it. So when someone attacks you, you no longer have it in your hand.

Punching or elbowing them, maybe, even if that's no longer a "melee weapon attack".
>>
>>45361372
>green flame Blade
Surely an extra ~2d7+4 or so from making a second attack is better than the effects of GFB?
>>
>>45360749
ASI for sure if theres nothing you want.

Just remember its a long schleck to 8 comparatively. But that goes both ways, you'll have 16 dex for a while.

My rogue is still 3 but I'm thinking of taking skilled at 4...
>>
>>45361486
monster might have resistance against non-magical weapons
>>
>>45361486
War Magic at 7th level lets you cast GFB (or the superior Booming Blade) as an action and then make a regular attack as a bonus. Pretty great up until you get your third attack at 11.
>>
>>45361504
>skilled
if this was any other campaign I'd probably take it, but my fellow group members jump at any and all chances to use their skills before anyone else.
I'm really just kinda lagging behind the rest of the party in damage since my attacks rarely hit. ASI is probably the only thing that'd somewhat fix that, right? Or is lucky more of a better bet?
>>
>>45360962
What are thoughts on doing this normally, letting a player "double class" as, say, two Paladin oaths?
>>
>>45361308
Absorb Elements is tailor-made for EK
>>
>>45361773
Would be significantly more powerful for some classes over others. Clerics get much more from their domains than wizards get from their schools, as an example.
>>
>>45361773
As long as it's justifiable (say, Vengeance/Ancients is a militant conservationist or really hates poachers) then that could be ok
>>
>>45361738
Are you dual wielding? Using your bonus action to get a second chance at hitting is pretty good.

You could also try getting crossbow expert and using a hand crossbow to have two chances at sneak attack as well.

I'd probably just get the +2 dex though.

My rogue has a +1 dagger which has been useful.

You also COULD dip fighter 1 for archery fighting style to get +2 to hit with ranged weapons. But I'm not so sure thats a great idea.

I think +2 dex would be your quickest and easiest fix, and I'd start dual wielding daggers in melee.

For my case, I'm taking skilled because everyone else in my party is a frontline fighter guy. We've got a monk, a paladin, a fighter, and a druid who is always a bear. So I'm not too worried about combat.
>>
>>45358644
My group has 2 bards. We both do this. My DM gave me inspiration because I insulted people to death several times in a row, and he just thought that was wonderful.

>Playing ToD.
>Cast vicious mockery on the blue dragon attacking the keep.
>Max damage. (4)
>Just say the first thing that comes to my mind.
>"Your mother was a hussie, and your father was, too."
>DM looks at sheet, writes something down.
>Looks at book.
>BURSTS INTO LAUGHTER
>DM: "The dragon looks depressed, and starts to fly away."

Bards don't allow for a serious campaign.
>>
>>45358644
>>45361964
Honestly this is compulsory when you use Vicious Mockery.
>>
>>45361964
To be fair, one, they target doesn't need to understand your words- it's the magic that does it. Two, causing a dragon to fly away is definitely DM fiat.

Personally, there are certain players I don't allow to play Bard, though.
>>
Can I use the Half-Orc's Relentless Endurance ability when I am Wild Shaped as a Druid to save my animal form?
>>
>>45362199
Ask your DM.
>>
>>45362298

No fucking shit. I don't want to ask baseless questions though.
>>
>>45361481
Punching actually IS a "melee weapon attack".
>>
File: AFateWorseThanDeath.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
AFateWorseThanDeath.jpg
93 KB, 1280x720
>Adventurer's League group
>All of us are adults except for one teenage girl
>She plays an idiotic (in and out of character) gay paladin
>He dies gay-making out with an incubus
>Res him
>He dies again 18 seconds into the Underdark
>She rolls up new character
>Fighter
>8 Con, 16 Int, 16 Wis

Someone save me.
>>
>>45362171
The dragon flies away after taking so much damage. It's a premade adventure.
>>
>>45362171
Also, most dragons understand you.
>>
>>45362369
I thought the errata/reprint/Sage Advice/whatever decided it wasn't? Isn't that why they removed it from the weapons table?
>>
>>45362414
He doesn't even want to be there that much.

Not that the adventure explains why. Or who he is.

So you fall into the trap of thinking, "Oh, the adventure must leave stuff like that up to the DM."

Then it introduces characters and explains them fifty fucking pages later, or never at all, so you're left wondering if parts were cut or if the writers expect you to be psychic.
>>
>>45362490
It isn't a weapon, it IS a melee weapon attack.
>>
File: encounters0-2.gif (100 KB, 800x658) Image search: [Google]
encounters0-2.gif
100 KB, 800x658
>>45362411
>Fighter
>8 Con, 16 Int, 16 Wis
it probably won't be but this sounds kind of cool at least
>>
>>45362411
make it a drinking game
>>
File: 1454699049665.gif (860 KB, 389x259) Image search: [Google]
1454699049665.gif
860 KB, 389x259
>>45358594
>diablo3_thorns_crusader.jpg
>>
So why doesn't /tg/ make a /5eg/ pdf like GURPS generals do?
>>
>>45363070
I'd be up for putting something like that together.

All depends on what everyone thinks should be in it.
>>
>>45363070
>>45363170
I just don't think we need one
>>
>>45361423
Yes, as an improvised weapon, 1d4 piercing damage, no proficiency bonus. Yay off-label uses of weapons!
>>
>>45363070
For what purpose? What's in the GURPS one?
>>
>>45363345
I just took a mosey to the current GURPS general thread, and it looks like it's just a PDF version of the general-thread copy pasta. I see no point in it. It's a several kilobyte solution to a 392 byte problem.
>>
Afternoon fa/tg/uys. I need some help. I'm making a couple of pdfs for some custom races I'm making for a campaign, and I need some flavor text to open each one, like they do in the PHB.

Does anyone have a link to a resource I could plunder for quotes? I really need stuff about ancient Rome and similar groups. Any good, decent-length quotes will do.
>>
>>45363432
>It's a several kilobyte solution to a 392 byte problem

GURPS.txt
>>
>>45363070
Because everything needed to play our game is in 3 well-organized pdfs, 2 of which are only needed by the DM, and 2 splats which are up to the DM to okay.

Now, if 5e were the size of 3.5 or something, I could maybe understand lumping everything together.

>>45363466
Google, unless you'd like to give us more information as to the nature of your quote need.
>>
>>45363526
>Google, unless you'd like to give us more information as to the nature of your quote need.
Sorry, I'll be more specific. I am planning on running a game down the line based off a 3.5 campaign I and my friends played a number of years ago. We've moved on from 3.5 since, and since I love to run 5E, I figured I'd translate all our shit into the new format.

This has been difficult. Our first game was very nonstandard because I was an idiot GM back then (still am but that's not important). To make everything pretty and in order to share our work with other people online, I am making a pdf for all the races, and I am making it in the format of the PHB (quote, summary, physical, personality, homelands, adventure ideas, stats).

And I need quotes. Just something that'll fill up most of a column of text. Or at least half of one. The two I am focusing on are Not!Romans and Not!Gauls at the moment, but I am having trouble finding old quotes about the latter. For the Not!Romans, I am quoting Polybius when he describes Scipio ordering the destruction of a city, and his sudden realization that Rome will one day suffer this fate. But for the Gauls I have only a few mishmashed bits from Caesar's "Gallic Wars" and an anonymous description of them and a their valor.

It's hard finding appropriate quotes, even with google, so I was wondering if anyone had any idea where I could look more specifically, somewhere I must have missed.

Thanks again.
>>
>>45359954
I'm working on a low-power, low-magic, 5e based system. The more I work on it, the less it looks like 5e.

Since proficiencies will be more important, I'm making it "tiered", so you can be more proficient in some things than others. There will be 3 levels of proficiency, as well as the general bonus still raising with level.

There will be no classes. Characters will choose their background (which will be different than the ones in the book), and their primary and secondary abilities, which will determine starting proficiencies, skills, etc.

Not sure if I want it to be NO spellcasting, ritual casting only, or very low-level and limited casting.

I'm considering reworking abilities, though I'm not 100%. Thinking of dropping it down to only 3 instead of 6. Str and Con would be fused, Int and Wis would be fused, and Cha would be removed.

It's a lot of work to iron out, and I haven't even put a lot of work into it. The idea came around because I wanted to do a no magic game, but I didn't want to limit people to "rogue, barbarian, fighter, but no Arcane Trickster, Totem Warrior, or Eldritch Knight."
>>
>3rd character in a row that has worse stats than standard array even after applying race bonuses
Fuck me
>>
>>45364255
Have you considered asking your GM to let you point buy due to bad luck? I mean, unless you enjoy playing unimpactful characters or rogues.
>>
>>45364287
Implying rogues can survive with shit stats.
>>
>>45364386
they can

but mine has all positive mod stats
>>
>>45364287
Not him but our DM does 4d6 drop the lowest, and if you end up shafted, you use the standard array so you're not just useless
>>
>>45364418
No more than anyone else can. They need the best to-hit bonus they can get their hands on, since they get one chance to get off sneak attack. If they are dual wielding, they get a second chance, but need con because they are in melee. They need at least decent scores in a few things just for skills, since the Rogue NEEDS to be good at a few skills.

>mine has all positive
Is this from rolling well, or is this the shit meme of people using point buy not willing to have an 8 in a dump stat.
>>
>>45364567
>having a dump stat
Fuck that. 15/13/13/12/10/10 or 15/14/12/11/10/10 are the best. I'd rather be average in two areas than shit in one.
>>
>>45364287
4d6 drop lowest only
>>
File: kir royal.png (4 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
kir royal.png
4 KB, 250x250
>>45364567
>or is this the shit meme of people using point buy not willing to have an 8 in a dump stat
+ vanilla human of all things

but you don't need to go in melee. you have expertise for your skills. you can use crossbow expert to get a second chance. half your class abilities are about avoiding damage.

i'm not saying it would be ideal, but if you were going to start with an all 8 array... idk why you would do that
>>
>>45364658
Having a -1 is something you don't need and a +1 in something you need sometimes is better than having +0 in both. Not all abilities are equal for all characters. For starters, if wis and cha are your tens, then do wis 12, cha 8, because wis saves are better, you're already not the face, and perception is important for everyone.
>>
>"Stop thinking like this is a game!, roleplay!"
>Runs a meatgrinder in where we, at best, lose a character every encounter
>>
So talk me out of making a 1/2 aquatic elf beast master ranger /tg/. Pic related
>>
>>45364827
...is the campaign full underwater?
>>
>>45364827
If it's a water campaign, your DM is allowing aquatic beasts, fucking DO IT. That'd be sick.
>>
>>45364848
>>45364874
Nope but a crab/giant crab pet is amphibious and can be my go to pet when my PC is on land. Pretty new to the ranger class so can they use pole arms or tridents? Can they use nets?

If the beast master build doesn't work I was also thinking of making the 1/2 aquatic elf a rogue and then swashbuckler and role-play him as a pirate.
>>
>>45361773
Devotion + Vengeance
DEUS VULT, fuck saracens
>>
>>45364255
>rolled
>stats
>>
>>45365025
Ranger is proficient in all weapons.
>>
>>45361773
Not all classes gain the same amount of power from their archetypes. Certain classes will be much better for it than others.
>>
>>45365096
Not the anon but what archetype you recommend for a rogue? I know Arcane Trickster is the better of them but not really interested in it...was actually thinking of swashbuckler
>>
>>45365143
Thief or Swashbuckler. Or Mastermind is cool if you want to Help every turn
>>
>>45365143
Swashbuckler. Cha to initiative and an extra way to get sneak attacks is hype. Ignore dual wielding, grab magic initiate, warlock. Get green-flame blade or booming blade, and hex. It's fucking awesome.
>>
Level 3 protection fighter, battlemaster, variant human with heavy armor master feat.

At level 4 should I up my strength to 18? I was thinking about getting the savage attacker feat, is it a decent increase in damage? Or is there a better feat to get?
>>
Any advice on >>45364827 build?
>>
Any suggestions for feats that a sorcerer would take? I've already maxed out my CHA at 4th level, so I was thinking that I'd pick up a feat next chance I got.
>>
god damn I wish I could actually draw instead of sketching out shit maps that look like nothing and have horrible proportions and can never see the light of a table for anyone's eyes but mine
>>
>>45365261
Savage Attacker is probably the single worst feat.
>>45365350
Well, extra Constitution or Dexterity couldn't hurt, what kind of Sorcerer are you? Maybe Elemental Adept feat, that synergies well with Dragon Sorc element
>>45365346
Yeah, don't do it. Beastmaster is horrible bad
>>
>>45365261
>>45365406
Heavy Armor Master is also shit. At least at later levels.
>>
>>45365430
It should be a reduction equal to proficiency bonus.
>>
>>45365406
Fire Dragon Sorc. I agree, and I wasn't planning on only taking feats from now on. My CON and DEX are also pretty high at 17/18 respectively.
>>
>>45365430
Yes, HAM is bad, but its still better than Savage Attacker. HAM is great at low levels, and is still useful against masses of low level creatures at higher levels. Meanwhile, Savage Attacker is never ever useful under any circumstances
>>
>>45365474
Grab Elemental Adept.
>>
>>45365474
So let me get this straight.

DEX 18
CON 17
CHA 20

Do whatever you want, you are already on easy modo
>>
Total newfag question; If Raging gives a barbarian advantage on their Strength rolls and saves, would they have advantage on every attack they do that haves Strength involved on it? I know it would make Reckless Attack pointless, but I just have to know.
>>
>>45365516
Learn to read. Raging gives Barbarians advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws.

Attack rolls are neither checks or saving throws.
>>
>>45365472
Huh, would this make the feat worth taking? I might house rule it if it's not horrifically out of balance
>>
>>45365516
Nope. Ability checks aren't attacks.
>>
>>45365516
Check out the Ability Scores chapter of the PHB. 5e has three types of d20 rolls: attack rolls, ability checks, and saving throws. Raging specifies Strength *checks* and saving throws, but does not specific attack rolls.
>>
>>45365552
Unlike AC and hit bonuses, -3 damage doesn't scale well at higher levels. Raising the reduction a little keeps it more relevant.
>>
>>45365549
>>45365557
>>45365568
Ahh, I didn't know the d20's divided their types on those, thank you.
>>
>>45365516
No, but you'd get advantage on Strength checks used to grapple or shove (including to knock prone), so it's still handy in a scrap.
>>
>>45365603
That is why reading the PHB is important.
>>
>>45365430
ok heavy armor master is not a god like feat, but don't just spout the heavy armor master sucks meme. theres a whole slew of feats worse than heavy armor master.

you really think heavy armor master is as shitty as savage attacker?

a feat which gives you DR 3 forever while wearing armor, which while non scaling is still 100% useful at higher levels, AND gives you a point of strength

versus

a feat which lets you re roll damage once per turn for one attack
>>
>>45365697
>a feat which lets you re roll damage once per turn for one attack
Not just damage, but *only* the damage dice for your weapon.
>>
>>45365697
I didn't say it was as bad. I said it was shit. It is, because the option of a different feat or the ASI is better.
>>
If you've downloaded anything from DMSG:

What's your favorite so far?
>>
File: 1454169920616.png (35 KB, 680x497) Image search: [Google]
1454169920616.png
35 KB, 680x497
>>45365781
>I didn't say it was as bad. I said it was shit.
ok

as to the rest of your post... its pretty much always better to take an ASI. but if you want to be a well protected sob in heavy armor... heavy armor master does a good job at that.
>>
>>45365430
>>45365406
what would be a better feat then? first time ever playing a role playing game so I have no idea what's good or bad
>>
>>45366468
Find which type of elemental damage you deal the most and take Elemental Adept. Spell Sniper is an option as well.
>>
>>45366490
Wrong guy. That would make for a weird fighter.
>>
>>45366509
Oops!

Well, >>45365261, I'd either do the 18 Strength or go for one based on what weapons you use. Shield Master for shields, GWM for heavy weapons, etc.
>>
>>45366509
>Elemental Arcane Archer

mite b cool
>>
>>45366509
Strength to 18
>>
>>45366468
Either Sentinal or Shield Master. At level 4, buff your strength.
>>
>>45366545
Well, it makes for a weird PROTECTION fighter.
>>
>>45366635
>not shooting shields and elemental barriers to protect your friends

Huh, some kind of support class that uses bows to shoot buffs and wards. Could be a cool MMO class or something
>>
>>45366669
Your arrows have totems attached that leave area buffs and effects where you shoot them.
>>
>>45366766
I"d play it
>>
Does anyone have the Martial Options PDF?
>>
File: Martial Options.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Martial Options.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>45367721
Still no idea how this thing has come up in each of the last three generals.
>>
>>45367852
I'm using it for inspiration in some house rules I'm putting in.
>>
>>45360062
>get flying that is affected by mobile/barbarian movement speed/ monk movement speed
Literally all three of those work with aarakocra and winged tielfing fly speeds.
>>
>>45362340
Wild shape forms can use racial abilities "if the new form is physically capable of doing so." It's not far-fetched to think a bear could push on and fight past heavy injury once a day.
>>
>>45362199
Yes
>>
File: 1454561581336.jpg (204 KB, 900x1350) Image search: [Google]
1454561581336.jpg
204 KB, 900x1350
I'm working out a homebrew Alchemist class, and I was looking for input on the archetypes and design philosophy of the class.

The base class is going to be built on crafting alchemical items, brewing potions, and making mutagens, similar to Pathfinder's alchemist. The archetypes I have in mind are the Biologist who creates short lived companions with varying abilities, and the Chemist who makes poisons and magic infused bombs.

The goal of the class is to offer players a character archetype who always has the right gizmo up their sleeve and flexible roles in and out of combat. Does that step on the toes of the Wizard and Bard too much, or does it have potential to have its own identity? I couldn't think of any class that would make sense with an Alchemist subclass.
>>
I'm having a tough time understanding one of my players. He's playing a Purple Dragon Knight, and he went to 18 strength at level 4 like normal... then at level 6 he decided he was going to raise his CHA to 10 instead of go to the full 20 Strength. Is that normal? He's told me that he plans to raise all his other stats to at least +1 before going to 18 strength super late-game, like, level 16.

He also took 0 strength skills, I let him change out History for Performance from his Noble background, and he has that plus Insight, Animal Handling and Intimidation even though his WIS and CHA are just 10, though he plans to bump them to 12s eventually he says.

...should I be concerned?
>>
>>45370616
Nothing wrong with that. Are you planning on throwing tough encounters at him that would punish not having maxed strength?
>>
>>45370595
I think that a nonmagical utility class like that could be an excellent addition to the game. Maybe look at something like the Battlemaster for inspiration, though consider increasing by a big margin the number of things they can do/rest in light of the class' probable lack of heavy armour and martial weapons.

Maybe they have a pool of "Alchemical Dice" they can spend/day, with the Bilogist using them as hit-dice for his companions and the Chemist using them to add effects to his concoctions similarly to the Battlemaster using them to add things to his attacks.
>>
>>45370670
Nothing in excess of their challenge rating really. I've just never seen anyone willingly forgo getting their main stat maxed for so long.

Maybe I'm just used to a higher level of optimizing? My old group is much more hardcore with that sort of thing, and most of my new one is similar. So maybe I'm the problem.
>>
File: 1455015648659.jpg (70 KB, 566x720) Image search: [Google]
1455015648659.jpg
70 KB, 566x720
>>45370677
I was thinking of a point system for exactly that purpose, but a dice pool might work just as well. I'll play around with them both and see what fits. I'm still in the skeleton stage at the moment.
>>
>>45370616
There is only one Strength skill, Athletics.

Anyway, concerned about what
>>
>>45361423
Basically New Tomb Raider'ing it? Absolutely.
>>
File: 1455155091653.jpg (256 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1455155091653.jpg
256 KB, 800x1200
>>45370616
maybe he made the character, and later realized he wishes he could have some good skills too? so now hes making good on that with his extra fighter ASIs?

its kind of weird but kind of cool. way cooler than just maxing his strength and getting great weapon master like every other strength fighter
>>
>>45370710
It's just a perception thing. Some people prefer to have their character more fleshed out as a character and less as a combat machine. See where it goes.
>>
>>45370732
Athletics has got to be one of the most generally-useful skills in the system, though.
>>
Who fits better into the role of Fiddler on the Roof-style Jews in your opinion? I'm torn between Dragonborn and Tieflings, the first for their highly traditional attitudes, loyalty to family and clan and insular nature. The second for their outcast nature, the distrust from outsiders and the whole "lacking a homeland" thing.
>>
>>45370912
It's his decision to play his character this way
>>
>>45371070
Ever since we've had skill checks in D&D I've been partial to having every one of my characters at least somewhat competent in swimming. I don't remember if a specific incident led to that, but it's stuck. That the swimming skill is also useful for a bunch of other stuff is a big plus in my book.
>>
>>45370677
>>45370717
The alchemical dice idea sounds neat. I'd make it a rogue subclass, personally. Give them concoctions instead of maneuvers at a similar progression to Battle Masters, make the concoctions a short and succinct list of maybe 20 total, they can brew them up ahead of time on a short rest. Blade oils, stronger alchemist's fire and small bombs, smoke bombs, short-use potions, probably mostly bonus action stuff double down on the rogue's bonus action use.

The problem with that is that there's already a thousand and one takes on an alchemist for 5e, so throwing yet another idea into the pile is like farting in a hurricane.
>>
File: 1454119347715.jpg (109 KB, 540x810) Image search: [Google]
1454119347715.jpg
109 KB, 540x810
>>45371508
My only issue with doing it as a subclass is that any class that it gets tacked on to is going to have its own features and abilities that go with it. So you have less wiggle room as a subclass before you make it an overpowered option, and you also have to make sure the new features gel with the base class in fluff and mechanics.
>>
>>45361964
>two bards
>vicious mockery
>not evolving into Statler and Waldorf over time
>>
File: UA_Eberron.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
UA_Eberron.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>45371508

This is what I'm planning on using for alchemists.
>>
>>45372157
Refluff the Artificer as an Alchemist?
>>
>>45372233

Pretty much yeah. However I was going to use a homebrew feat for the assassin rogue. He didn't like the two middle advancements considering they were just about disguise and making a new ide
Toxin Expert: You have a knack for using poisons to their best effect. Using poisons, you gain the following benefits:
• You can use a poisoner's kit on your weapon directly as if it were a basic poison (though doing so does not consume the poisoner's kit.)
Once you've used a poisoner's kit this way you may not do so again until you finish a short rest.
• The DC to resist your administered poisons is at least 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Intelligence modifier.
• Your attacks ignore poison resistance.
ntity, and the game isn't much about intrigue at all.
>>
>>45372297
Woops i crapped that post.

Add the last line to the first line.
>>
>>45372157
I'd just as soon see alchemy used as a crafting back-end rather than a class or archetype. The idea that you'd bring your apothecary (magical or otherwise) out into the wilds with you on dungeon-crawls and such always struck me as rather forced.
>>
>>45372456
The neverending bags of bat guano and sulfur that wizards carry around seem about as silly to me.
>>
>>45372517
Spell components aren't used up by casting unless specified.
>>
>>45372989
...So it's not a neverending supply of bat shit, it's just one piece of bat shit. Your piece of bat shit. That you carry around with you on all your adventures and use to fling fire and death at your enemies. I honestly don't know if that's worse or not.
>>
>>45373066
It's only bad if you give it a name.
>>
>>45373094
Well if you did that everyone would think you've gone batty.
>>
>>45365697
i'm playing a level 5 v. human oath of ancients defense paladin that's got heavy armor master and shield master. i feel indestructible most of the time. mooks can't hurt me bad, spellcasters get stopped by the shield, and i drop the big mooks with divine smite. then after all that, i have 25 points of lay on hands.
>>
See this wouldn't be an issue if Transmutation Wizards didn't already get a Philosopher's Stone as a class feature. Once you've defined what it does, it is taken and can't really be reused elsewhere. Using that as the hand wavey source of your alchemical supplies would make Alchemist fluff much less forced. It would also be giving a 1st level Alchemist something that is usually a legendary artifact, but that's beside the point.

Maybe go for more of a Fullmetal approach and fluff it as being able to break down materials into component parts and recombine them through some ritual?

I'm just thinking out loud now..I'll sleep on it and see if anything comes to me.
>>
What's the best melee class if I want to make a pike-wielding badass or a Lu Bu style halberdier? I want to be OP if possible.
>>
>>45373660
Fighter. Variant human with polar master to be OP.
>>
>>45373660
Fighter.
>>
>>45373333
It's a transmuters stone not a philosophers stone
>>
First time Level 1 Wizard, any opinions on 1st level spells? Trying to build for utility, Sleep seems like a must-have, Detect Magic for the 2nd?

Going with Chill Touch, Minor Illusion, and Poison Spray for my starting Cantrips.
>>
>>45373697
>>45373729

What kind, Eldritch Knight?
>>
How bad of an idea is allowing potion drinking as a bonus action?
>>
>>45373891
Trade out poison spray for frostbite or something else. Poison is resisted by pretty much everything.

As for spells you definitely want sleep and find familiar for utility. Detect magic and identify are also very useful, and you probably want magic missile just in case. The last spell could pretty much be left up to anything depending on what you worry about the most. I would suggest mage armor but grease, feather fall, and comprehend language could all be very useful.

>>45373915
Battle master is usually considered the best, but EK is very solid once you get to the later levels.
>>
>>45374040
Depends. Personally I would say don't do it since it sorta undermines the early level perk of being a thief rogue but at the same time if your party needs the help in combat for whatever reason it's not super game breaking. Just make sure players have a hand free to drink it.
>>
>>45373891
You get 6 spells at 1st level. Check out the Ritual list, things like Identify, Alarm, Detect Magic, Comprehend Languages are great because they are very useful AND don't take a spell slot
>>
Is it just a coincidence that Curse of Strahd and Shadows over Innistrad are coming out within a month of each other?
>>
>>45374245
Holy shit, good call, I completely misread that as two first level spells instead of 2 spell slots.

>>45374041
Thanks for the input, took Poison Spray as a panic button but if the resists are more common I'll go with something else.
>>
>>45373915
Battle master is usually the better one. Also look at the polearm master+sentinel feat combo.
Not to mention the fact that you can use great weapon fighting on the but of the polearm attack
>>
>>45374319
Probably. The D&D and MtG teams might as well be employees of different companies.
>>
Need help /5eg/

>Arcane investigation police unit of big city x inadvertantly pisses of one of my PCs
>PC proceeds to nearby small town and does a bunch of chaotic evil while claiming he works for said police unit

The unit never leaves the city, is this grounds for the town just assuming he was a random crazy person? What do you think would happen?
>>
>>45375531
Depends how angry the small town populace is.
If they think it's just a random asshole, they'll ignore it. If they think it's the cops, or if your player was enough of an asshole, the cops will get involved out of principle to clear their name and make peace with the public.
>>
>>45375531
Sounds like a convoluted deception check
>>
>>45374040
Too strong I say, but if you really wanted to allow it you could give a dex check to perform it successfully.
>>
>>45374074
>>45378942
I'm running a high lethality dungeon crawling campaign, and I was just toying with the idea of giving my players a tad more chance of survivability since they don't have a healer
>>
>>45381017
Well it's probably fine then, go ahead.
>>
>Magic craftsman class
>Can make consumable items ie health potions on the cheap
>Class feature is making non-consumable magic items
>They have an xp amount attached to them
>This count can't exceed their current xp
>If the item is lost/stolen/sold/broken it still counts against them
>Items however can be salvaged into a higher xp item

Think there's potential in here?
>>
>>45381904
Nah. Creating rare items should require rare materials with availability that follows the same rules as finding magic items.
>>
>>45382259
>rare
There's a reason I didn't say rare
>>
>>45382317
Common items require common materials. The point is to use the same system (basically dm fiat) instead of some point based thing that is independent of the magic item availability of a given setting.
>>
>>45381904
When you say they have an xp amount to them, do you mean the items that can be crafted must have an xp cost less than that of the craftsman's current xp total? On the subject of salvaging, what happens if goblins steal all your items and you are at your xp cap, and you have no method of retrieving them? Is your character now SoL and can't use their primary class feature?

It helps make your meaning more clear if you use fewer pronouns.
>>
>>45382480
the SOL option, since, if a fighter gets his magic sword stolen, he's similarly SOL, and stealing/destroying his items is a way for me to use DM fiat to balance the homebrew on the fly.

The idea takes inspiration from Tolkein's Silmarilion, what with the whole "X was the greatest that could ever be made and none shall ever be as great as X was". Basically, once you've used your genius, you've used it. You can only tinker and make it better.

I dunno, it's a half fleshed out idea.
>>
File: Character_8dc708_5794897.jpg (25 KB, 300x678) Image search: [Google]
Character_8dc708_5794897.jpg
25 KB, 300x678
>>45382605
Hmm..a fighter still gets all his extra attacks, combat maneuvers, enhanced crit, or what have you even if he loses all of his old gear though. He can just pick up any old knife and get back to it, albeit without all the fancy stuff he had before. He doesn't lose access to the features that make him a fighter because he lost his equipment. Similarly, a Wizard who loses his spellbook would be pretty set back, but could still start over from scratch by purchasing spell scrolls and rebuilding his spellbook. The base design of the class means they are not reliant on random chance to continue doing what they do, and they are still a fighter or wizard even if they were stripped naked and thrown in a ditch.

It's much more sound design practice to make the homebrew balanced to begin with rather than building in a failsafe "DM says fuck you, make a new character" to the class.
>>
>>45382605
>>45382716
Same anon;

Adding onto that, DM fiat should never be a part of the class's design. Ever. Look at what happened with the Wild Magic Sorcerer archetype.
>>
>>45382716
I should have elaborated that I was assuming this to be a full caster class along the lines of bard.

>>45382789
That's fucking retarded when you're talking about homebrew. I obviously don't have the ability to rigorously test a class without playing it, and we're here to have fun so it has to be functional from the get go. There's nothing wrong with building in pressure release mechanisms.
>>
>>45382605
>>Basically, once you've used your genius, you've used it.
>capacity for creativity is finite
Fucking Christ, Anon, this is so conceptually stupid that I almost forgot to call you a berk for thinking punishing a player because you couldn't balance your homebrew was a good idea.

>>45382813
>>that's fucking retarded
No, he's right, you're a pillock. Test your work in special sessions; don't punish your players long-term because you couldn't be bothered.
>>
File: 1455057048813.jpg (387 KB, 943x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455057048813.jpg
387 KB, 943x1080
>>45382813
>full caster class
Okay that makes more sense.

>There's nothing wrong with building in pressure release mechanisms
That's true, but I think stripping a character of one of the core abilities of their class seems like an extreme pressure release. It might be better to have the items disintegrate if it's taken more than X distance from the character, so that they're not gimped by wasting all their resources on something they may never get back once it's lost.

I may be applying personal bias to the issue, since my old DM used to frequently plan encounters to spite magic users. Making a player feel like they have a crippled character by making their core abilities useless feels like absolute dogshit.
>>
>>45382998
>what is gaining more xp
>what is the tragedy of making your best work early in your life
>testing long term balance in special, one-off sessions

>>45383000
If I'm taking items because they got overpowered then they can fucking cry more. They're not gimped, they're newly balanced against the party.

>Alchemist makes four magic items worth 25% of his current xp each
>Breaks every encounter with them
>Three of them get taken away
>Functionally he now has one of those magic items but it costs as much as four
>but he now has probably twice as much xp
You know, just typing that out reminded me that xp scales exponentially while power scales "linearly". I'd have to introduce a new tract of points.
>>
>>45383122
Meme harder; It won't fix your shitty homebrew, and it won't make you less of a spiteful cock of a DM.
>>
File: Character_c5c04f_5826180.jpg (115 KB, 736x1120) Image search: [Google]
Character_c5c04f_5826180.jpg
115 KB, 736x1120
>>45383122
I was assuming these items would be pretty expensive before they actually get game breakingly powerful. Are you making homebrew items for the class or letting them craft stuff out of the DMG?

You could also talk to your players about the fact that you're still playtesting the class and may need to power down or remove some of their items if things get out of hand, rather than fiating in a burglar in the night. It would also lead to less bookkeeping when you try to figure out how much stuff they actually have tied up. The separate point system would probably be better.
>>
>>45383290
The thing is, if it's an actual xp cost, once they're game breakingly powerful, it goes exponential since that's how they're gaining xp. Also, the game breaking ones would obviously be mistakes I made.
>>
File: Character_4b88a6_5822498.jpg (115 KB, 720x976) Image search: [Google]
Character_4b88a6_5822498.jpg
115 KB, 720x976
>>45383353
Definitely go with an alternate point system then. You'll have much finer control over how much the items should cost compared to their power level.
>>
So I'm super new to D&D and I'm DMing a really casual game with my family (younger siblings and sometimes mom), and I'm using the starter kit campaign now since I'm not comfortable coming up with my own just yet.

Anyways, I've realized that our group is super melee heavy (a bard who might go valor or lore hasn't decided yet, two fighters, and a barb) I was thinking of rerolling since we're still level 1 to a forest gnome wild magic sorc. Yay/Nay? How would I do this in story? Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry for blog, will also take fuck off as an acceptable answer
>>
>>45385062

>that spoiler
Where the fuck do you think you are? We don't take D&D discussion lightly 'round these parts... oh wait this is 5e general you're fine

Anyway you'll probably be fine either way. If you get into a situation where you NEED range, the bard probably has ranged cantrips, and the fightmans can pack javelins.

>How would I do this in story?
Assuming that you're not already a forest gnome, that'd be too significant a change to write-off in character. If you're gonna do it, just retcon it. You were a gnome sorc all along.

Also >having a DMPC in the first place
but since it's 'a really casual family game' then whatever
>>
>>45385774
>Assuming that you're not already a forest gnome, that'd be too significant a change to write-off in character. If you're gonna do it, just retcon it. You were a gnome sorc all along.
I was thinking of something more along the lines of introducing the sorc and shipping off the barb in story. But that seems a bit forced and awkward so I may just retcon
>>
>>45385929
Different anon;

If you can't find a plausible reason to switch out the characters and it's really an issue that the party can't handle, then go for the retcon. If nothing significant has happened yet then it's not a big deal.
>>
>>45385062
my party is super melee heavy and its really fun

so i recommend not rerolling.

magic is useful (obviously) but your party will find ways to do things without it. i prefer low magic tbqh
>>
File: eMsGJwq.jpg (637 KB, 1800x2540) Image search: [Google]
eMsGJwq.jpg
637 KB, 1800x2540
>pc has high charisma
>pc never talks
>>
>>45364827
>>45365406
So is playing Beast Master manageable or is it just a bad time?
>>
File: 0a70a9abb6b3.jpg (279 KB, 1229x1500) Image search: [Google]
0a70a9abb6b3.jpg
279 KB, 1229x1500
>>45387016
the meme is half true

beastmaster is a bit busted

but its not as bad as everyone says imo though i haven't actually tried it.

i would try and get a pet with some utility instead of a big bruiser pet personally, but you should do you.

make sure you get that beast bond spell and cast it often.

its awkward in the beginning, mid levels its serviceable, and after 11 theres pretty much no point putting more levels in ranger unless you want that ASI at 12.

but i would just go for it if thats what you want to do.

most things that we complain about here as shit, well... theres some truth to it, but mostly its overblown
>>
>>45387016
Ok so imagine you are a beast master, and then the parties paladin learns Find Steed.

Think about it.
>>
>>45386316
I know this feel, but this mostly because I am a warlock and not the most persuasive person in the party. I am more of the person who can lie my way out of a situation while everyone else prefers negotiation.
>>
>>45387137
Thanks for the helpful info anon!
>>
Question about Conjure Animals: Do all the animals appear clumped up in one spot, or can you dot them around the battlefield?
>>
File: 1455016197112.jpg (66 KB, 630x800) Image search: [Google]
1455016197112.jpg
66 KB, 630x800
>>45387496
You can choose where they appear as long as they are summoned into unoccupied spaces within range. Since your DM chooses what appears when you cast the spell, I'm not sure if they also choose what gets put where..I'm inclined to say the DM should let you know what you've summoned and you can pick where to put it.
>>
>>45387579

I've talked to my DM about it, and he has (thus far) allowed me to summon what I wish. Which, honestly, spell would be pretty shit if I end up conjuring a bunch of cats or something.
>>
>>45387611
>>45387579
DM choice is just to stop pixie shenanigans
>>
So are Way of Shadow monks basically shitty rogues?
>>
>>45388457
They're the "ninja". They're got some utility.
>>
>>45388457
They have shittier damage but they have pass without trace which is an excellent group stealth spell. Plus at will shadow teleportation.
>>
>>45388457
>>45388787
At will shadow teleportation is great, unless the DM decides to purposely fill everywhere with bright lights.
>>
File: sizes.png (61 KB, 1411x857) Image search: [Google]
sizes.png
61 KB, 1411x857
Starting a campaign tomorrow.

Super excited.
I'm probably under prepared.
>>
So How do I game break with a level 1 swordlock? Or should I run spellcasting warlock instead? We need a damage dude in our group.
>>
>>45388457
marginally worse rogues.
Though Open Hand monks are actually just straight up BETTER rogues. More damage and just as stealthy as their counterparts (really all of the shadow monk abilities blow chunks when compared to empty body, which all monks get anyway)
>>
>>45389166
>More damage and just as stealthy as their counterparts
Stealth expertise from 1st level begs to differ.
>>
>>45359060
Cleric is the best dip in the game as you get spells and two abilities. It is just a matter of choosing the flavor that suits your purpose.
>>
How autistic am I for being irritated that the Dragonborn's +2 Str is completely useless for a Draconic Origin Sorcerer?
>>
Why am I so annoyed that 3 different classes can get Arcana Expertise and Wizards can't?
>>
>>45389166
Silence is pretty good against mages, Darkness is okay for things, Pass Without Trace is good for groups.

They've certainly got their uses.
>>
>>45388457
On their own, sure
With expertise in stealth and perception tho, my shadow monk was way better at sneaking around than the rogue.
He was better as being a skill monkey still
>>
>>45360288
Hunt and kill every last weevil
>>
>>45389389
Why would a shadow monk have expertise
>>
>>45389519
Dipped in rogue, thought it was obvious
>>
>>45389319
Just rationalise it by putting the 8 into STR so you can put higher scores into others
>>
>>45389348

Things like expertise and unarmored defense shouldn't be restricted to classes, there should be more feats.
>>
>>45389532
So what did the rogue expertise in
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.