[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
City of the Dead Quest 3: Death Flags Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 4
Story so far >>45329332

>As we last left our heroes, they had just managed to escape a vicious infected rhinocerous and find a place to rest for the night. Also, the group's resident qt made a comment about what the group was going to do once they got out, causing the players to have a breakdown over the possibility of her death. But now a new day has started in the City of the Dead, and you have 67 hours left to find a cure to the virus.

You awake with a sharp pain in your back. Sleeping in an alleyway is hardly ideal, but what can you do at a time like this? You examine the rest of the crew. Annie is still sleeping, with her face buried into her knees. Romero leaning on the wall beside you, eyes wide open, revolver in his one good hand. Brian's still out, and Sara... well, she hasn't even budged from her guard position. She remained fixed there, the whole night... girl's like a machine.

Slowly, you bring yourself to your feet and dust yourself. Sara acknowledges your consciousness with a quick nod. She's a soldier, waiting on orders. Right now, the choice yours. What's your first plan of action for the day?

A) We used up some of our medical supplies fixing Romero and Brian. Maybe we should look for more?

B) We're pretty much guaranteed to come across other beasts like that Rhinocerous, and we're going to need bigger weapons if that's the case.

C) We need food, before we become food.

D) We could patrol the streets for any other possible survivors. It's a lost cause, but we should try to help anyone we can, right?

E) Write in response
>>
>>45336381
Hey OP what sort 'o supplies do we have on hand right now?
>>
>>45336392
>2x First Aid kits, with basic supplies such as Bandages, Gauze, Tweezers, and Painkillers
>1x Handgun: 20 Rounds
>1x Sawn-off shotgun: 12 shells
>1x Hunting Rifle: 9 Rounds
>2x small pistols: 20 Rounds each
>1x Walkie Talkie
>>
>>45336381
>C) We need food, before we become food.
>Keep an eye out for chances to grab other supplies.
Can't survive 67 hours without food.
>>
>>45336381
>C) We need food, before we become food.
>>
>>45336857
>>45337483
"Okay, first things first, we need to scavenge some food if we're going to survive," you say to Sara as you shake Annie awake. She jolts upright, as if just coming to from a nightmare. You fill her in on the plan.

"Sounds good, I'm starving. There's actually a grocery store not far from here. Around that corner."

"Hate to rain on that," Romero chimed in, "but last I checked, lot's of people go to grocery stores. That place will be swarming."

"Not THIS place," Annie answered with confidence, "They lost a ton of business last week when someone found a dead rat in the produce section."

"A dead rat? Well, It's not exactly the best place to grab a bite to eat, but I guess we can't afford to be picky, eh?" Romero smirks.

>A) We NEED food. Now. Who cares about hygiene at a time like this?

>B) I don't know, maybe we should keep moving, hold on hope of finding somewhere better.
>>
>>45337645
B. Rats spread the infection.
>>
>>45337645
If animals can be infected i do not want to deal with rats, look for a convenience store of some kind.
>>
>>45337645
>>45337645
>Since we're already here, we may as well grab some, just in case of emergencies. We can dump it later if we find something better.
>>
>>45337645
A
Take some food. If it's good, good. If it's bad we can use it as bait to get animals off our trail or use it as currency to bribe someone off.
>>
>>45337829
>>45337846
"I don't want to deal with the possibility of infected rats," you answer. "It can't be too hard to find somewhere else with edible food. The virus spread so quickly, I don't think most people had time to scavenge and stockpile. Now, let's move out."

"Hang on," Annie interrupted, "Brian's still completely out of it. One of us is going to have to carry him." She made a good point. Whoever is left with this task of carrying Brian would be slowed down considerably. Who should it be?

>A) Annie
>B) Sara
>C) Romero
>D) I'll carry him myself
>>
>>45338594
>A) Annie
or
>>D) I'll carry him myself
Injured guy can't do it, soldier girl needs to be free to protect us since she's the most capable.

Guess whichever of us is strongest?
>>
>>45338658
Probably Annie since we just got a shard of glass pulled out of our shoulder.
>>
>>45338594
Surely Annie and us can do a two-man carry? Or else we can pass Brian around so one person doesn't become quite so exhausted? It's not like everyone else won't have to slow down to that person's pace anyway.
>>
>>45338892
Oh yeah, forgot about that.

I guess Annie's it then, or do a two-man carry like >>45338946 suggests.

Two people carrying him will move faster than one.
>>
>>45338658
>>45338892
>>45338946
>>45339004

"The two of us can carry Bryan together, while Sara takes the lead," you reply to Annie. Hoisting your unconscious... uh, "friend" is a strong word... off the ground, the group sets out to explore.

Sara takes the lead in the party, rifle in hand, with Romero close behind, as you and Annie carry Brian in the rear.

After a while of travelling, Sara throws her hand up, signalling the group to stop. And that's when you hear the moans. Behind the next corner lie zombies... and lots of them. How do you proceed.

>A) We're just going to have to power through them, no other choice.
>B) We could try to sneak by without raising their attention. (Roll D20)
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>45339452
Incoming 1
And Annie's sacrifice.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>45339452
Good luck sneaking while carrying an unconscious ass.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>45339533
>>45339563
>these rolls
>Romero decides he wants to do one last good deed
>sacrifices himself instead
>the rest of us escape...
>except no one else knows where the lab is, what we need to find, or where exactly to find it
>>
>>45339533
>>45339563
>>45339595

The Group tries to creep past the undead who are present, but it's no use. Between the sound of Sara's combat boots and the added weight to your movement due to carrying Brian, the zombies are quickly alerted to your presence and begin advancing. There must be about 14 or 15 of them.

But just as the zombies start moving as soon as they catch a glimpse of you, Sara starts moving as she sees those creatures, the demons who killed her squad right before her eyes. She begins mowing them down without mercy with shots from her rifle, not wasting any movement. The rifle runs out, but blinded by pure rage, Sara doesn't take any time to reload. She runs up to a zombie and bashes it skull with the brunt of her weapon. She boots another to the ground before falling to her knees and crushing it's head with her gun once more. She can't contain herself. In all her fury, she wants to let out a primal scream, but can't. All she can do is kill. She pulls a combat knife from her belt and goes ballistic on the undead, up close and personal. She's in a total trance, and may not be able to tell friend from foe.

A) Oh god, she's losing it. Try to snap her out of it before she becomes a danger to herself and the rest of us. (Roll D20)

B) I don't think I should try to interfere with this, she could end up lashing out at me. Besides, she's doing a fine job of taking out the zombies.

C) She can't take them on by herself, no matter how apeshit crazy she goes on them. Better give some supporting fire. (Roll D20)
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>45339838
>C) She can't take them on by herself, no matter how apeshit crazy she goes on them. Better give some supporting fire. (Roll D20)
>Roll 1
>We shoot her in the back of the head
Calling it.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>45339838
>C) She can't take them on by herself, no matter how apeshit crazy she goes on them. Better give some supporting fire. (Roll D20)
Snapping her out of it now will be a bigger danger to her and us.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>45339838
C) She can't take them on by herself, no matter how apeshit crazy she goes on them. Better give some supporting fire. (Roll D20)
No dreams, only suffering now.
>>
>>45339857
>>45339890
>>45339910

You decide to provide some covering fire while Sara... does her thing. You manage to headshot a couple of the zombies, but it's Sara who's doing the real damage as she continues to rail on the creatures. She even manages to take the last one down with a straight up punch, which nearly takes it's head clean off. She then begins to stop on the zombie's head, crushing it... and crushing it... and Sara continues to stomp even after the zombie's head is nothing but pulp. She can't stop. She's drenched in blood, breathing heavily and shaking.

"I don't even want to know what happened to her crew to make her like... this," Romero muttered, "either it was something truly horrifying, or she's just fragile and couldn't take the pressure of our situation."

Eventually, Sara begins to make her way back to the group. With a slow shuffle, as if she were undead herself, she stands before you, bloody and with tears in her eyes. Tears of fear and shame. In her condition, she may not even know where she is right now.

>A) Try to comfort her, bring he back to earth

>B) Slowly confiscate her weapons. She's becoming a real liability, and you don't know if you can trust her with them.
>>
>>45340048
>A) Try to comfort her, bring he back to earth
She knew who to go after. That means we can trust her in a fight. Probably.
>>
>>45340048
>>A) Try to comfort her, bring he back to earth
>>
>>45340048
>A)
>>
>>45340092
>>45340286
>>45340738

You place a hand on Sara's shoulder. "It's okay, you need to stay with us. Deep breaths..." She seems to listen, and some light returns to her eyes. She looks at you and opens her mouth, but nothing comes out. Instead she just turns and continues to move on ahead of the group, reloading her rifle. She clearly isn't fully recovered, as she doesn't even wipe the bloodstains from her hands and face.

The group pressed on, as you begin to pass by a movie theatre, the lights still advertising a screening of some romantic comedy. "Ooh, should we check that place out?" Annie asks, excited.

"I don't think now's the time to catch a free film," you answer.

Annie shakes her head. "No, they'll have food in there! All sort of snacks! And I'm pretty sure this place even has hotdogs in rollers that keep them warm! Come on!"

>A) Check out the movie theatre
>B) Keep moving
>>
>>45341037
>>B) Keep moving
Could be crowded as fuck.
>>
>>45341037
>>A) Check out the movie theatre
Gotta eat something. And if there are zombies in there, hopefully they're 'watching' the movies.
And the concession stand is always at the front, so we should be able to see if any zombies are immediately between us and the food before we even go in.
>>
>>45341037
>A) Check out the movie theatre
we should leave brian to get eaten as bait he's just a douche we can't be a pussy about this.this is our time to fucking shine
>>
>>45341037
>>A) Check out the movie theatre

Let's go alone

Leave the unconcious guy ouside, if it's clear we call them if it's not we bounce
>>
>>45341037
A) You need to eat, and if the lights of the cinema are still on, that means that there will be enough noise to distract the zombies.
Hell, if they didn't here the gunshots, it's either because there's nobody in there, they are all "watching" the movies, or even less probably, there are survivors inside.
>>
File: 228.jpg (109 KB, 748x462) Image search: [Google]
228.jpg
109 KB, 748x462
>>45341115
>>45341942
>>45342117
"I'll check inside, and I'll let the rest of you know if it's safe."

You make your way inside the theatre and take a good look around. To your surprise, the place is completely empty. No sign of life... or rather un-life anywhere. Even more shocking, is that the power is still up and running. Very strange. The concession stand is near the entrance, and it's packed with bags of snacks and hotdogs, and of course, popcorn. You walk up to and grab a small bag of peanuts, only to hear a yell from behind the ticket office.

"HOLD THAT POSE!"

Into your field of vision enters some kid, couldn't be older than 17 or 18 years old, slowly creeping up to you with a video camera in hand. "And so, our unassuming hero, a regular man thrust into a world beyond his compression, comes across the last vestige of life. The first piece of food he's seen since the beginning of this harrowing ordeal. That isn't just a bag of peanuts, it's your salvation. It calls to you. And... ACTION!" He hits the record button on his camera and points it at you, expecting some kind of performance.

>A) What the fuck?
>B) Uhh... play along, I guess?
>>
>>45342532
>>B) Uhh... play along, I guess?
Kids probably crazy, play along so he doesn't do something stupid.
>inb4 there are zombies in all the theater rooms, and he's locked them all in watching movies
>>
>>45342532

Ignore the kid, grab some food and head outside to give it to our group and to let them know it's safe inside

I don't have the time nor the patiance for this nonsense
>>
>>45342532
Sup
>>
>>45342532
>B) Uhh... play along, I guess?

Let the guys outside know that it's safe

>I hope you know how to direct ensemble scenes kid
>>
>>45342601
>>45342606
>>45342651
>>45342698

You slowly grab the bag of peanuts and make your way to the theatre's entrance, as the kid follows you with his camera. "Eh, not perfect... but I understand you're not a professional."

Mostly ignoring the kid, you open the doors and let your group inside. "Hey, guys. Theatre's safe." They pile in as the kid's eyes widen upon seeing them.

"Now, this is more like it! Here we have much better options for my leading man! No offence, but you were a little too Tobey Maguire for my taste. But THIS guy..." His camera pans towards Romero. "Gives off some serious grizzled anti-hero vibes. He could be the next Clint Eastwood! Or maybe..." His camera moves it's attention to Annie, as it leers up and down her body, "maybe I should be focusing on the next Zoeey Deschanel, or maybe I should go with the Channing Tatum type." His camera pans down to the still unconscious Brian. "Someone needs to wake him up, though. Looks like he partied to hard. Maybe he's more of a Charlie Sheen, am I right?" Without giving you a chance to speak up, his camera turns to Sara, who is still quite stiff and covered in blood. "And you... you're... well..." he gives a nervous and fearful laugh as he jolts the camera back towards you. "What do you say? Who's the star of this picture?"

>A) Are you kidding? I AM!
>B) Romero is, he's vitally important to finding the cure to the spreading virus.
>C) Annie is, She's kind and sweet, and she pretty much lives for these kinds of movies.
>D) Brian is, if you're looking for the conventional action hero look.
>E) Sara is, she's a stone cold badass and a natural leader.
>F) Do you have Brain Damage? We don't have time for this.
>>
>>45342981
>C) Annie is, She's kind and sweet, and she pretty much lives for these kinds of movies.
>>
>>45342981
>>F) Do you have Brain Damage? We don't have time for this.
>>
>>45342981
>>C) Annie is, She's kind and sweet, and she pretty much lives for these kinds of movies.
>And we all know the nice girl gets to live while everyone else dies horribly.
>>
>>45342981

Let's grab something to eat
>>
>>45342981
>>
>>45342981
>You are kid! We've been sent to rescue you and this other guy!
>>
>>45343018
>>45343091
>>45343134
>>45343317
>>45344132
"Look kid, I don't have the time or patience to put up with this," you say, "We're just going to grab some food and be able to rest in safety from what's out there."

"Oh, don't be that way!" the kid exclaims, lowering his camera. "You guys have arrived just in time for the premiere!"

>A) The premiere of what now?
>B) Shut up, I don't care.
>>
>>45344373
>>A) The premiere of what now?
Oh boy here we go.
>>
>>45344373
It took you over 20 minutes to write this little?

>B) Shut up, I don't care.
>>
>>45344413
I was pulled away from my computer for a while there.
>>
>>45344373
>>
>>45344373
>>
>>45344405
>>45344465
>>45344485

"Why, the premiere of my first feature film!" he exclaims, "My audience has finally arrived! Go ahead and grab your snacks, then take a seat in Screen 4! That's Screen FOUR, don't try any of the others! MY movie's only showing in screen four!" he's practically bouncing up and down in excitement as Annie decides to humor the kid.

"Sounds... cool? What kind of movie is it?"

"It's a... prequel. You'll love it, just trust me!" he shouts as he bounces his way to the projection room. As he leaves, Romero breaths a sigh of relief as he grabs a bag of jellybeans from the concession stand.

"Thank the maker that's over with," he says, "Now, let's eat and split."

"What?" Annie said in disbelief. "You're not saying we just leave that kid here?"

"Why not? He seems to be doing fine on his own."

"Yeah, for now! He's just a dumb kid, and we need to save anyone we can!"

"Cut the self-righteous crap, Anibelle. I'm not wasting time sitting through a home video. Besides, we have enough dead weight as it is," Romero looks down at Brian.

"We can't just abandon people!" Annie exclaims. "Let's humor him. We eat, we watch his movie, and then we can get him to come with us, keep him safe. Easy, right Charlie?"

>A) Annie's right
>B) Romero's right
>>
>>45344673
>>B) Romero's right
Kid is clearly not right in the head. Best we get as far away from him as possible.
Also, let's not forget we're and a very strict DEADline.
>>
>>45344673
>A) Annie's right
Not gonna leave a kid here alone
>>
>>45344673
>>B) Romero's right
We don't need anyone who's going insane.
>>
>>45344673
>>A) Annie's right

Can't leave some poor kid alone, even if he's a little weird. How dangerous could he be? Nothing a trained soldier and a group with guns couldn't handle.
Besides, maybe Brian will wake up by the time we finish up here. Better than dragging his unconscious body around and slowing us down.
>>
>>45344960
>even if he's a little weird.
Annie is weird.
The kid is insane.
>>
>>45344673
>B
We don't have time for this.
>>
>>45344704
>>45344825
>>45344862
>>45344960
>>45345126

"That kid has lost it, Annie" you explain, "and he's safe as long as he stays here. This theatre's plenty secure. Let's just grab the food and leave."

"But-"

"-We don't have time to argue this, Annie. I'm sorry, but we can't waste important time feeding into the kid's delusions. We have to go."

Annie is dismayed, as her usual smile fades. Clearly, she had faith in you siding with her on the issue. "Oh... okay."

You start gathering the food when the kid bursts out of the projector room with a frustrated look on his face. "What is taking you people so long? You're already starting to miss the commercials!"

>A) Look, we appreciate the offer, but we have some very important stuff to take care of, and we're pressed for time as it is...

>B) You're nuts and we're leaving.
>>
>>45345251
>>A) Look, we appreciate the offer, but we have some very important stuff to take care of, and we're pressed for time as it is...
>>
>>45345251
>>A) Look, we appreciate the offer, but we have some very important stuff to take care of, and we're pressed for time as it is...
>>
>>45345251
>A) Look, we appreciate the offer, but we have some very important stuff to take care of, and we're pressed for time as it is...
Maybe we could come back after the apocalypse is over?
>>
>>45345251
"Look, kid, we're on a schedule here. If you're certain that any one of us is a star, then you can call us an all-star cast and film us as long as you can keep up without needing your stars to break character and help you out."

Hello, all. Just got caught up with the last three threads from nothing. I believe Imma be here to stay.
>>
>>45345269
>>45345303
>>45345374
>>45345466

The look on the kid's face is one of utter devastation. "But... I've been waiting so long for my audience..."

"We're sorry," Annie said in her usual sweet tone, "but stay here, okay? We'll come back for you when we're finished."

The kid shakes his head. "I guess there's nothing else to do. I've got no choice but to bring people in from one of the other screenings..."

Other screenings?

... Oh no.

Before you even realise what's going on, the kid a already made his way to the doors of Screen 2, pulling out a chain of keys likely swiped from a custodian and unlocked it, pulling the double doors wide open.

Within seconds he was swarmed by the undead he had locked within, former patrons of the theatre in life. They quickly begin to pick him apart, there's ton of them. Damn, that romantic comedy must have sold out. There's no way you could possibly take them out, your only hope is to grab the food and run.

Only problem is, as soon as she sees them, Sara gets that look in her eye once more...

A) There's far too many of them for even her to handle! Try to talk her out of it, while grabbing her by the hand and pulling her away from the chaos. (Roll D20)

B) Good! She can keep them at bay while we escape!
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>45345568
>A) There's far too many of them for even her to handle! Try to talk her out of it, while grabbing her by the hand and pulling her away from the chaos.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>45345568
>A) There's far too many of them for even her to handle! Try to talk her out of it, while grabbing her by the hand and pulling her away from the chaos. (Roll D20)
Good thing we didn't bring the kid with us.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>45345568
>A) There's far too many of them for even her to handle! Try to talk her out of it, while grabbing her by the hand and pulling her away from the chaos. (Roll D20)
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>45345611
Oh son of a bitch. I was really hoping we could save the kid. He would have made for some good comedic relief...
>>A) There's far too many of them for even her to handle! Try to talk her out of it, while grabbing her by the hand and pulling her away from the chaos.
>>
>>45345643
>They quickly begin to pick him apart
He's already dead.
>>
>>45345643
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Dammit.
>>
>>45345665
I know. That's why I was referring to him in the past tense.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

>>45345568
A. Jk Rowling
>>
>>45345611
>>45345613
>>45345625

"No Sara, we have to go!" you yell, as you pull her by the hand, as he gaze of the zombies is broken, she blinks rapidly, shaking the sudden trance off. "Keep moving forward Sara, don't look back!" As you reassure her and the group keeps moving, you realise that in helping save Sara, Annie was left carrying Brian by herself, and she's starting to fall behind.

>ROLL D20
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>45345717
Fuck I messed up again
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>45345725
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>45345725
RIP Annie
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>45345725
>Hey Annie?
>Remember that death flag you raised?
>Well...
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>45345725
Shitshitshit
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>45345750
>>45345758
>>45345760
RIP Annie

>>45345725
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>45345725
NOT TODAY ANNIE.

NOT TODAY.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>45345796
>the only way to save her from these shit rolls is to convince her to sacrifice Brian
>>
>>45345819
No I wanted Annie to die.
>>
>>45345729
>>45345750
>>45345758
>>45345760
>>45345763

Somehow, Annie manages to power through and very slightly pick up the pace, but she's still far behind the rest of the group, and three zombies are gaining on her and Brian. You push Sara ahead, telling her to keep looking straight on, as you turn around pulling out your handgun and taking aim at the three undead.

>ROLL D20
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>45345852
>crit fail and we shoot Annie
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>45345852
>Please don't be a 1
>Please don't shoot Sarah in the face
>>
>>45345852
If I get a nat 1, please let us shoot Brian instead of Annie.

If I get a nat 20, please let us shoot Brian instead of a zombie.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>45345852
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>45345852
>I will never know the pleasure of a good roll
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>45345897
>>45345852
Let's try that again
>>
>>45345897
I get the feeling that you don't like Brian.

>>45345910
Good job anon, you saved Annie.
>>
Out of curiosity, what would've happened if we played along with the kid?
>>
>>45345944
Shooting Brian lets Annie get away.

It also means one less mouth to feed and one less asshole to put up with.
>>
>>45345987
I'm curious about that too.
I voted for playing along, wondering if things would have gone to shit either way or we'd have gotten a wacky new addition to the crew.
>>
>>45345886
>>45345895
>>45345910
>>45345918

You take aim and fire, you manage to headshot two of the zombies, and the other gets it in the shoulder, falling to the ground. You run back to Annie and assist in carrying Brian as you speed out of the theatre. As you leave, Romero is prepared, placing a wooden plank across the handles, locking the door from the outside to the undead. Annie is out of breath, but still decides to throw her arms around you in a hug. "That... was... close" she gasps in between breaths, "thank... you..."

Sara places her hand on your shoulder and give a surprisingly comforting nod. You suppose that's her form of thank you.

"Real shame about the kid, though," Romero snarks, "I was getting some real Kubrick vibes from him."

As you speak, you hear a load groan from beside you. Looks like Brian's finally coming to. He slowly opens his eyes and looks around in a confused state. "Yo... did that Rhino kill us? What'd I miss?"

"A lot," is the only answer you decide to give for now. "The good thing is we have food."

"So, what's the next step?" Romero asks. "And please don't tell me you plan on rescuing more lunatic like the one we just went through?"

>A) We look for a secure place where we can rest and eat for now.
>B) We press on to finding that lab. We can eat as we move.

>>45345987
>>45346098
He was completely off his rocker. His "movie" was going to be a snuff video of him letting his friends get eaten.
>>
>>45346169
We're on a time limit. If we happen to pass a good place to rest on the way to the lab, sure, but otherwise we need to keep moving.
>>
>>45346211
Was going to vote A, but seconding this.
If we see something good we stop, but not go out of our way looking for a place.
>>
>>45346098
>>45345987
I got here JUST as the vote to play along or leave closed. If I'd caught up faster, I would have voted to play along as well.

>>45346169
We just brushed off rest a second ago. It would be a real contradiction of action to go looking for somewhere to sit down now. We're on our way to the lab, and we're only stopping if someone here suddenly figures out that hotwiring cars is a thing.
>>
>>45346169
Holy shit, fuck that guy then.

>>45346211
Voting for this.
>>
>>45346169
>B
>>
>>45346211
This anon i vote for.
>>
>>45346169
>>
File: Ext_Warehouse_0001.jpg (102 KB, 1000x426) Image search: [Google]
Ext_Warehouse_0001.jpg
102 KB, 1000x426
>>45346211
>>45346247
>>45346264
>>45346269
>>45346365

"Let's keep moving, we need to get to that lab if quickly if we want to have any hope of finding 'Patient Zero' and a cure, and we've only got... how long?"

"65 and a half hours," Romero answers as he reads his watch. "Don't worry, we're not far from the lab. It's only three blocks south of here."

The group keeps on moving, avoiding any contact with the undead as they do, until finally, Romero calls you to a halt.

"We're here."

Before you is a disheveled warehouse, with a glass window to the side.

So... this is where the virus started. This is where the end of the world began.

"Huh," Annie muttered, "I kinda expected it to be... you know, grander. Like, all chrome and futuristic looking."

"Small thing about secret labs," Romero answered, "they don't like calling attention to themselves."

You check the door. It's locked.

>A) Try bashing it open with your shoulder. (ROLL D20)
>B) Try to break the window and climb through. (ROLL D20)
>C) Check the back, maybe there's another entrance.
>D) Try knocking?
>>
>>45346169
Also, concerning the spoiler, I was thinking he would lock the doors and film the group fighting zombies, but that seems worse. No telling what that lunatic would do.
>>
>>45346645
>E) Ask Romero what the best way to get in is
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>45346645
A/b
>>
>>45346645
>D) Try knocking?
We do have someone with us who should be familiar with the warehouse.
>>
>>45346645
>C) Check the back, maybe there's another entrance.
No one would actually put the entrance to a secret lab in the most obvious place.
>>
>>45346645
D
>>
>>45346704
seconding
he knows this place better
>>
>>45346720
>>45346784

It couldn't hurt, right? You give the door a light rap and wait a few seconds. To no one's surprise, there isn't any kind of answe-

"Hello?" a woman's voice softly calls out from behind the door.

... Wow. You give Romero a look, and he just shrugs his shoulders. He's apparently as surprised as you are.

"Uh, hello? Can you let us in? We have serious business to attend to," you reply.

"I can't do that! If you've come here, it means that you're with them! Or worse, you're..." the voice trailed off.

>A) Convince her to trust us (ROLL D20)
>B) Try to break down the door using force instead (ROLL D20)
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>45347079
>>A) Convince her to trust us (ROLL D20)
>>
>>45347079
>>A) Convince her to trust us (ROLL D20)
"We just want to fix things before they get worse. Romero is with us, he might be able to find a cure."
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>45347079
>A) Convince her to trust us (ROLL D20)
Who is 'them'?
>>
>>45347102
>crit fail
Oh boy, here we go.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>45347109
Forgot my roll.
But I guess, not that it matters now, thanks to that 1.
>>
File: This amuses me.png (259 KB, 636x703) Image search: [Google]
This amuses me.png
259 KB, 636x703
>>45347102
>>45347122
>two crit fails
>>45347134
WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!
>>
>>45347134
>>45347122
>>45347102
I mean, that's interesting I guess
>>
>>45347102
>>45347122
>>45347134
how does this work now?
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>45347122
I was thinking military. Also fuck you.
>>
>>45347152
I'm guessing the nat 20 would cancel out the nat 1, which leaves us with that second nat 1.
So, fuck.
>>
>>45347102
>>45347122
>>45347134
>>45347152
Critical victory overrules critical failure, but there's two critical failures, so...

"Look, we're here to help. We even have Mr. Romero with us..."

"Benjamin Romero?! NO! Stay away!" The woman's voice is panicked. "If you come in here I won't hesitate to shoot you! Don't come through this door!"

"Oh hey, it's another member of the fan club," Romero remarked, turning to Sara. "I'm sure the two of you will have lots to talk about. Well, she will."

Great, now you're going to have to find another way to sneak in, lest you be shot on sight. Time to check the back...

You move to the back of the warehouse, where thankfully, there is a back door. Unfortunately, there's a zombie right next to it... and this one looks different than the others you've encountered so far. It's more composed, more functional... more alert. You assume this must be one of the evolved zombies, the ones who have been infected longer, the ones who won't die even if you destroy the brain. You should have figured you'd start to encounter more of these types as you moved closer to the source of the virus.

>A) I pick up a rock and throw it, hoping to distract the zombie before it sees me. (ROLL D20)
>B) I fire at the creature's legs. I can't kill it, but I can stop it from moving towards us. (ROLL D20)
>>
Rolled 17, 7 = 24 (2d20)

>>45347394
A
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>45347440
Oh I fucked up reroll
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>45347394
>>A) I pick up a rock and throw it, hoping to distract the zombie before it sees me. (ROLL D20)
How many crit fails can we get this time?
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>45347394
Say hello....
It looks composed doesn't it?

If it reacts badly shatter it's knee
>B) I fire at the creature's legs. I can't kill it, but I can stop it from moving towards us. (ROLL D20)
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>45347394
Fuck it up.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>45347394
>My first time ever rolling a beautiful 20 and it was for nothing

>>A) I pick up a rock and throw it, hoping to distract the zombie before it sees me. (ROLL D20)

Wouldn't shooting make nose that could potentially attract unwanted attention?
>>
>>45347579
But this is the evolved smart imortal zombie, a rock won't do it
>>
>>45347394
B
>inb4 newfag
>>
>>45347472
>>45347474
>>45347579

You pick up a rock and toss it over the zombie, landing several feet away from it. It turns it head with a quickness you've yet to see from the undead and starts to shuffle towards the noise, with a strange awareness and intent. It isn't a mindless beast following any sudden noise. No, it fully expects to find someone in that direction. It won't take long for it to realise that it's been tricked. As it approaches a nearby corner and checks around it, you and the group quickly sneak towards the back door and make your way inside the warehouse. You find yourself in a hallway, at the end of it, you see an entryway into the front room, where that woman in undoubtedly pointing a gun at the front door.

You continue to sneak up to the main room, trying to make as little noise as possible. What's your next plan of action?

A) Sneak up the woman and knock her out from behind. (ROLL D20)
B) Give one last attempt to talking her down. (ROLL D20)
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>45347771
>A) Sneak up the woman and knock her out from behind. (ROLL D20)
She threatened to shoot us, she lost the option for diplomacy.
crit fail
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>45347771
A.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>45347771
A) Sneak up the woman and knock her out from behind. (ROLL D20)
JUDO CHOP
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>45347771
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>45347771
>>
>>45347814
>>45347826
>>45347836
>>45347841

You manage to remain undetected as you sneak up on the woman from behind and whack her in the back of the head with the brunt of your handgun. She falls to the ground immediately, and you are easily able to pull her pistol from her hands. Still pointing your gun at the down woman, you actually get a good look at her. She certainly doesn't seem threatening by any means. She's thin and small in stature, with short black hair and a lab coat several sizes too big wrapped around her. You examine the room. There's a desk filled with un-organised loose papers, on top sitting a functional ham radio, which is currently giving off static. A moveable whiteboard is set up in the corner, but you can't decipher the messages scrawled on it.

The woman cowers in pain as she lays there. "P-please don't kill me..." she mutters in fear.

>A) No promises. Talk.
>B) I didn't plan on it. We're here to help.
>>
>>45348038
>>B) I didn't plan on it. We're here to help.
>>
>>45348038
>>
>>45348038
B.
>>
>>45348038
I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
>>
>>45348086
To add to this, ask, "Who did you mean by 'them'?"
>>
>>45348038
>>
>>45348038
>>
>>45348086
>>45348088
>>45348096
>>45348111
>>45348138
>>45348142

"How can you say that, when you stand with him?" She points a finger towards Romero. "He and his ilk where the ones who caused all of this!"

"Once again, I'm being blamed for the actions of my peers," Romero sighed. "I should have expected this, I'm still around. They aren't."

"Earlier, you asked if we were with Them. Who were you talking about?" you ask

The woman rose back to her feet. "We've been attacked by this... group of armored soldiers. Military or some mercenaries working of their own accord... we don't know. But they... they destroyed our research, gunned down innocents right before our eyes. Whoever they are, they don't want us to stop the infection. They want to spread it even further."

You turn your head and look at Sara, but she's as shocked to hear this as you are.

"That's horrible!" Annie exclaims.

"Yeah, that is seriously messed up," Bryan adds, "Hold up... what do you mean by 'WE'. I only see you."

As if he was summoning the fates, a raspy male's voice comes through on the ham radio.

"Christine, come in! You still there? What have you found?"

>A) Answer the call yourself
>B) Let Christine answer
>>
>>45348513
>>B) Let Christine answer
>>
>>45348513

>B) Let Christine answer

Please, we're trying to help, we're trying to save who we can left in the city and this is the only way how
>>
>>45348513
>>B) Let Christine answer
>>
>>45348594
This.

Also, to add to this, something like
"We don't know who those people that attacked you were, but if we wanted to harm you, we would have done it already. Look at us. Do we look like military or mercenaries capable of mass slaughter? We just want to fix this before the military blows this whole city to hell."
>>
>>45348724
>Do we look like military or mercenaries capable of mass slaughter?
Let's not forget Sara, armed and dressed like a soldier, is right beside us covered in blood.
>>
>>45348753
Yeah but, I doubt we'd look like much of a military group, even with Sara. We probably just look like a bunch of beat up, dirty office workers.
>>
>>45348568
>>45348594
>>45348662

You motion for Christine to take the call, as she slowly approaches the radio. "Eric, come on, it's Christine." She lets out a frustrated sigh. "And as much as I hate to say it... it's a dead end, Eric. This place has been swept clean of any kind of evidence, any kind of clue. All that's left are some research notes from early in development, no different from what we've already got, but... I just found something else. Some survivors who... they want to help, Eric. And I think they can. I won't get into it here, but I'll bring them back to the fort with me. You'll know it when you see them. Over." The ham radio went back to silence as Christine turned to face the group, her hands nervously clasped together.

"The Fort? And you were looking for research notes?" You ask. "Just who are you people?"

Christine took a deep breath. "When Trioxin started working on what would come to be known as the Infinity Virus, designed to reverse the effects of death on the human body... some of the researchers and scientist recognised the project for the disaster it would become. They broke off from the company, fearing the worst, and beginning research on an anti-virus to combat it should it ever be completed. No easy task, and one that we failed to accomplish on time. Yesterday, all of our worst fears were recognised. The virus spread, even more rapidly than we imagined, and soon our attempts at producing a cure changed from a rebellion against a shadowy corporation to a race against time and the death of the entire human race. My husband... was one of the first to go. He attended the Gala in the hopes of acquiring some kind of vital information, but... his sacrifice only strengthened our resolve. We won't stop, we CAN'T stop until we can find a cure. Find a way to fix all of this. We are The Saviours of Humanity... and we desperately need your help."

That's it for tonight! Hope you guys are enjoying it! New thread tomorrow!
>>
>>45349074

Thanks for running
>>
>>45349074
That was fun, thanks and goodnight.
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.