[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HHG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: 1454818641028.jpg (501 KB, 813x543) Image search: [Google]
1454818641028.jpg
501 KB, 813x543
>>45268655

HHG FAQ - http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016): http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Isstvan Campaign Legions: http://www.mediafire.com/download/deadtdf0y47k59k/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: https://mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): https://kat.cr/usearch/%22Forge%20World%22%20heresy%20user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: https://mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
30k Xenos Homebrew - https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Xenos_in_30k

BRRRRRRT ANGELS INCOMING!
>>
Does anyone know what the generic Knight Errant can take or how you build one?
>>
that knight with the 4 s10 twinlinked large blasts is broken as fucking shit

like gamebreaking
>>
File: UJSb0Hq.jpg (55 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
UJSb0Hq.jpg
55 KB, 640x960
Is there any reason to run the Heavy Chain Sword over the Power Maul?
>>
>>45280249

Does anyone have a full list of the new RoW?
>>
I still want to know what's the deal with the Sons of Horus. When will we learn what is fracturing them?
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 237x213) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 237x213
I claim this thread for our new Justaerin overlords.

>>45280271

Similar to building a Centurion. Decent list of HQ-level equipment and armour. Options for psychic mastery levels.
Have the Falsehood and Objective missions as per Garro.
>>
Not quite getting how shattered legions work. Lets see if i can brain this:

Some parts of the unique LA are shared, others ignored. And these are the only explicit case. IE Having RG won't grant infiltrate to everyone. Not sure on using a RG Apoth in a BA squad for example.

Then you have to have at least 2 LA versions. So like IH tacticals or BA heavy supports with assault cannons, but then you can take RG Destroyers. And if your HQ is RG you can take Mor Deythan etc.

And that's it. It's just mixing and matching legions. IF Tartaros with TH/SS, RG HQ/Mor Deythan, IH Tac blobs and so on.

Is that really it?
>>
>>45280352
They are gangers that follow their respective leaders and united by Horus, them being fractured as Horus loses control of his legion is just a natural progression to that fact.
>>
>>45280389
I don't see how he's losing control over them.
>>
>>45280335
it looks way cooler
>>
>>45280334
The rules aren't final yet
>>
>>45280385

It's just like building a Legion list except you choose LA per squad, not per army. Legion-specific rules and wargear applies as normal.
Unique units are not available unless you also have a HQ to represent them.
Warlord dictates the Rites of War available and everything turns to shit if they die.
>>
File: Justaerin_Termi_Wargear.png (2 MB, 1180x1062) Image search: [Google]
Justaerin_Termi_Wargear.png
2 MB, 1180x1062
>>45280383
Is this a Justaerin for ants?
>>
>>45280403
Chaos and warrior lodges, most traitor legions get their discipline and order eroded by the debauchery of chaos, you see it in the EC, DG and WE so its not that surprising to see Horus might lose control of his gang.
>>
>>45280498
I was thinking their collective ego and love for Horus would unify them.
>>
File: fully-erect-tent-company.jpg (43 KB, 550x420) Image search: [Google]
fully-erect-tent-company.jpg
43 KB, 550x420
Can anyone confirm Dark Furies get Talons for ~FREE now?
>>
>>45280403
Because he doesn't give a shit about them anymore just using them as tools
Case in point is deliberately sending critics to die in dumb attacks or get assissinated in his place like luc sedirae
Add that one link between him and legion is gone - the mournival
Add he has lots of non legion advisors
Add that chaos = selfish so squad leaders more into personal loyalty than loyal to an ideal
>>
>>45280498
its probably abaddon just being a dick and a divide between the handful of old terran luna wolves and the new ganger shit
>>
Does anyone know if Phalanx squads got a points change? Even with the WS bonus, they're still rather expensive.
>>
>>45280557
My backstory for my dudes thanks you for this.
>>
>>45280480
>>45280385
And transports still can't transport other marines with the LA rule I believe. Which is unbelievably stupid.

>Brothers! To the rhino! We must regroup. Though we may be shattered in legion we are whole as-!
>You're not getting in my rhino you plebians
>Wh-what?
>Later suckas

They're in the same army list ffs. Same stupid reasoning one of the legions navigators, that navigates their damned ships, can hop in a storm eagle with some friends.

WHY
>>
Reiterating from last time, someone mentioned rad grenades just being a part of wargear for the DG and no longer tied to the reaping, can anyone confirm, if so, was anything new added to the reaping to compensate?
>>
>>45280714
>can hop
can't*
>>
Could someone do me a favour and upload the page with the Praetor's rules, please?
>>
>>45280548
The Sergeant has them as standard, not sure if the squad can get them for free. Would be a bit OP if that's true. That's a LOT of rending attacks, and they're not terribly overpriced as is.
>>
Don't suppose anyone knows when/if scanon will be getting ahold of Book 6 and the Legion book that came out today?
>>
>>45280249
1st for Dorn will never get a model.
>>
>>45280856
I'm seeing several reports of "Talons for all now"
>>
File: 1454793622180.jpg (93 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1454793622180.jpg
93 KB, 720x960
Where were you when the Blood Angels finally reached enough dakka?
>>
>>45280864
a tripfag from the previous thread claimed he bought it and would be uploading scans but not tonight
>>
>>45280950
With you guys, admiring the power of the Sons of Sanguinius.
>>
>>45279913
>pay 190 points for sicaran venator
>get 2 BS4 S10AP1 ordnance shots
>pay 435 points for knight errant
>get 4 BS5 S10AP1 ordnance, large blast, twin-linked shots
>and some extra guns
>and over twice the hull points
>and more front/side AV
>and super-heavy bonuses
>and ion shield
>and front armor in close combat
>and S10 + stomps in close combat

30k is more balanced than 40k, they said
30k doesn't suffer from power creep, they said
>>
>>45280941
That would be a problem (sort of).
I just bought 2 sets for my AL, if they all get Talons by default I'll be about 8 short.
They might get the upgrade from the RG LA rule for free, but that would make that basically the most powerful pure assault unit in the game, by a fair margin. Especially at their current price, they're not super expensive as is, given what they're capable of.
>>
>>45280950
>assault cannons on everything
>moritat can fire infinite times with hand flamer
>everyone gets +1 to wound in CC
>>
>>45281013

Being fair, the Venator has a special rule that forces survivors to snapshot. Note that since the vast majority of titan weaponry is Blast-based, a single Venator can quite happily keep even a Warlord stunlocked for the entire game.

Not saying that the new Knight isn't overpowered though.
>>
File: pWvzTVO.jpg (31 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
pWvzTVO.jpg
31 KB, 540x960
>http://imgur.com/gallery/6Gbh8
New knight rules, curtesy of anon.
As a knight player, I am rock-hard right now.

Knight-Porphyrion WS4 BS5 S10 AV14/13/12 I3 A3 HP7
435pts

Wargear: two twin-linked Magna-Lascannons, two autocannons, Ironstorm missile pod, Ion Shield

Magna-Lascannon: 72" S10 AP1 Ordnance2, Large Blast
>>
>>45281037
Same, I got two of the new kits. Really it was only a big deal when you could mix and match talons/claws for WYSIWYG, but "They all have talons" is fine now. But from a modeling perspective I would love to have 10 wicked looking talons.

>>45281013
>>45281064
That knight is pretty brutal. I thought the Atrapos was barely within acceptable. This guy though. Damn.

And he would also hate fighting Venators which could stunlock him.
>>
Now how do we create a list for Blood Angels to create a rift in the fabric of reality from having so much dakka?
>>
>>45281064
After 3+ to hit, (usually) 5+ on 2d6 pick highest to pen and cover/invuln saves, it's not the most reliable.
>>
File: cY0Y9ce.jpg (41 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
cY0Y9ce.jpg
41 KB, 540x960
That said, I am not really too keen on HP7. It doesn't really need that and should probably not deviate *that* much from the basic knight. AV14/13/12 is plenty.
BS5 and I3 matches the old fluff of the Epic Warden (which the Porphyrion is clearly based on) being piloted by the oldest nobles.
>>
>>45281219
>Ironstorm missile pod
>S5
>Ordnance

lol
>>
>>45281254
Use the new RoW to make predator squads with 4 assault cannons troops, thats 216 assault cannons.
>>
>>45280980
Literally cannot wait, my SoH need to know properly what extra crap I've gained. Also, so so tempted to make BA my loyalist force, possibly edging out even the Wolves at the moment. . .
Dammit FW, why must you be so fucking amazing?
>>
>>45281254

> Take a Delegatus
> Play the Predator Company Rite
> Your army is now made entirely of Baal Predators
> Each one of them has a TL turret, 2 sponsons, and a pintle Iliastus
> 48 shots per squadron
> 315pts per squadron
> Brrrrt
>>
>>45281293
Sadtimes, but the BA rule means you need more infantry than vehicles, so that RoW is gonna be a lot less easy to achieve :(
>>
>>45281293
>>45281313
We've reached a new level of dakka. I think the Orks wish they could be Blood Angels now.
>>
>>45281254
Pintle-mounted Assault Cannons on everything...
Assault Cannon Veteran Tactical Sniper Squads...
Assault Cannon Predator Squadrons (at 16 shots per tank)...
Heavy Support Squads with 10 Assault Cannons each...
>>
>>45281275
>should probably not deviate *that* much from the basic knight

Did you miss the amount of mass the slapped on that thing? I do agree that it probably didn't need it, but I'd say it does have the difference to show it.

If you want a bad example, check out Spartan vs. Typhon/Cerberus. Spartan is AV14 5HP, Typhon/Cerberus is AV14, 6HP super-heavy, even though 1) they use the same exact hull, and 2) the Spartan actually had a larger hull, since the Typhon/Cerberus removes the extended front ramp in favor of their guns.
>>
File: 1396260913662.jpg (65 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
1396260913662.jpg
65 KB, 500x484
>tfw melta is fucking worthless in 30k
>tfw have millions of meltaguns/combi-meltas sitting around
>>
>>45281302

LA rule exactly as written now. Still have bonus attacks and reserve boosts.
Additionally, gain +1BS when within 12" and using pistols/assualt/rapid fire guns.

Abaddon, Malighurst and Loken unchanged. Reavers and Anvillus unchanged. Black Reaving, unchanged.

Justaerin now have 2 Wounds, points plummeted to 255 for 5 / +40 per head. Can buy up to 12 models per squad. Identical rules to before.

New Rite of War- The Long March
All guns are twin-linked on the first turn.
Legion Terminators are a Troops unit.
Models are Relentless in your deployment, Crusader in the enemies, and Fleet in between.
>>
>>45281293
Don't forget 12 double fist dreadnoughts with assault cannons. And take some Leviathans/Deredeos as Heavy with TL ACs on the torso to complement their storm cannons/autocannon batteries.
>>
>>45281386
>Additionally, gain +1BS when within 12" and using pistols/assualt/rapid fire guns.
i wonder if thatll give bs2 overwatch..

ether way plasma support squad gonna rape
>>
>>45281434
>i wonder if thatll give bs2 overwatch..

It doesnt.
>>
>>45281386
Do you have the book or are you just pasting? Got comprehensive changes to EC?
>>
>>45281515
This!
>>
>>45281434

Doesn't apply to Overwatch, Fury or Moritats.
*Does* apply to Justaerin though. Along with the Combi-Plasmas, Twin-Linked and Turn 1 Dreadclaw.
So take 5, give them all Plasma, and nope a squad of your choice Turn 1. Because you're BS5/Twin-Linked Plasma.
And unlike a Support Squad, you're then a unit of 2W WS5 Terminators in the enemies face and absolutely not something you can ignore.

Justaerin stronk.
>>
Would love to know the legion changes like the Tyrants becoming heavy support or similar.
>>
>>45281386
That's pretty nice, shame Merciless Fighters couldn't give some benefit to I1, Justaerin with axes seem sad.

Does it specifically deny adding +1BS to overwatch, otherwise I'd read it as applying, like Tau markerlights do. Snap shots reduce it to 1, then it adds another 1 to it. .. Maybe I'm just being hopeful
>>
>>45280335
IIRC it's like 10 points cheaper, so yes, many reasons.

Is concussive and 1 extra attack worth 10 points to you anon?

Do you face enough non-marine armies to make use of AP4?
>>
>>45281515

LA has additional rule 'Flawless Execution' that gives everyone gets +1 Init on the charge. Sonic Shriekers now debuff WS.
Kakophoni are Heavy 2. Phoenix Terminators are WS5, I6 on the charge, and the Sergeant has A3.
Rylanor, Eidolon, Tarvitz and Palatines unchanged.

New Rite of War moves Kakophoni to Troops and grants Relentless. Squads can buy Shriekers for 10pts per 5 models in the squad. Cannot take Allies.

Worth pointing out that piledriving with a shit-ton of AP2/I5 and then Crusade-Sweeping is now a very viable thing to happen. Phoenix Terminators are fucking brutes now.
>>
>>45281638
>Maybe I'm just being hopeful

You are, it explicitly says it doesnt affect overwatch and even if it didnt it'd have to explicitly say that it affects overwatch like Tau Markerlights do otherwise Imperial Fists would be Overwatching on BS2 and we all know they dont even though the disciplined fire doesnt say anything for overwatch.
>>
>>45281589
>deepstriking 2 units of 12 justaerin with 12 combi-plasmas and chainfists
>horus
>abaddon
KILL MAIM BURN

also with the +1 BS from master of signal, or horus, you could run 15 combiplasma reavers real good
>>
>>45281219
These might be subject to change though, Battle Bunnies blog was told not to upload pics.

I'd hope so, even though I intend to buy one, as that level of dakka and tankyness is just too over the top for the points cost.

For 60 points more than a vanilla knight you get something that's as killy as 2 knights - maybe even fucking killier as the only AP1 blast weapons they can get are inferno cannons.
>>
>>45280925
They may have modelled him on Dolph but they sure as hell aren't interested in making him 3D.
>>
>>45281693
I realised immediately after I posted that Fists don't get it, which cancels it.
Still, I'm loving the idea of termies and combi weapons, or most supports squads. And Volkites on termies. ..
God it's really buffed the Sons in their preferred area, I think that single change has pushed them up the rankings
>>
>>45281254
It'll actually be kinda tricky

>>45281313 This is not possible as bangles need more infantry units that vehicles. (though it might've been tanks rather than just vehichles)

Probably take pride of the legion and make use of Sniper hand flamers to be able to take enough dakka-preds.
>>
>>45281726
Does lack a D ccw though, and a Venator or similar stands a decent chance of shutting it down.

Though I agree, it should be at least another 100-150 points ontop, and maybe do something like the Stormsurge, reduce the guns to 1 shot, unless it anchors, so can't stomp, and is therefore a lot more vulnerable.. .
>>
>>45281357
>Assault Cannon Veteran Tactical Sniper Squads...
shows how silly /tg/ is

Assault cannons are S6 and rending already, how are they any better than a HB with suspender webs in this situation?
>>
>>45281726
Anyone else think that the name "Battle Bunnies" is fucking retarded, and how they're just referred to as "bunnies" on Bolter and Chainsword? Unless they're a bunch of Playboy girls instead of fat englishmen then it's pretty goddamn gay.
>>
>>45281802
Don't forget the Assault-cannon Rhinos
>>
>>45281839
more shots for one. Though the range will be worse.
>>
>>45281846
Are you 12? You sound like such a teenager.
>>
>>45281846
Well I mean they've got Lady Atia if that counts ;)
>>
>>45281868
On a heavy weapon too.
>>
So, what changes did the Raven Guard get?

In the last thread I heard they got 1 change.
>>
How do you guys model recon squads in 30k?

I'm planning on taking some for the new WE formation as they could get FnP at the start of the game, but I don't really wanna just use SM scouts as they don't look right.
>>
>>45281888
A new really shitty RoW, an I mean shitty garbage tier shitty.

But Supposedly all furies have talons now. So that's scary.

That's all I know thus far.
>>
File: 1431847015611.jpg (123 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1431847015611.jpg
123 KB, 480x640
>>45281380
Hey you can instant death 2W termies and helps chip of marines from the Apothecary-Tac blobs.
They can still be good vs non-av14, Mechanicum and knights dont have access to AC on Triaros and Krios, heck many SM players might be so brazen as to not take it. You have good odds to wound AdMech.

Cheer up anon!
>>
>>45281721

Don't need a Master of Signal, the new LA rule has been increased with 'Death Dealers'. All Sons of Horus are now BS5 when shooting up close with lighter weapons.

>>45281888
New Rite of War that forces you to ally with Militia. Inspire the normies with Fearless when within 6" of a Raven, once per game the entire army, allies and all, gets Zealot. Killing the Warlord is now D3VP instead of +1.
Also, Furies are now all packing Raven Talons. So Master Crafted and Rending.
>>
>>45281908
>take space marines
>put them in a squad of 5-10
>say they're 5-10 recce marines

Done.

If you want wargear, model it on them appropriately.
>>
>>45281951
Any word on changes to the Iron Hands?
>>
>>45281984
>Don't need a Master of Signal, the new LA rule has been increased with 'Death Dealers'. All Sons of Horus are now BS5 when shooting up close with lighter weapons.
yeah i meant to get BS6 with the plasmaguns, so gets hot doesnt rape the unit
>>
>>45281951
>>45281984
ALL Talons?

Fuck. Photos?

Now all they need is WS5 and artificer stock and we have the ultimate jump unit in the game.
>>
>>45281994

Nothing ruleswise. Gets extreme mileage out of some new Rites though. Orth leading a Predator column comes to mind.
Meduson as a new character, has perks that makes him ideal for leading Shattered Legions.
New Rite that moves Immortals to Troops and the whole army gets Hatred: Traitors. Stubborn when in the enemies DZ. Cannot take allies or Ferrus Manus lol
>>
>>45281869
I'm so glad to be back here. B&C had better coverage, but all the posters were such fucking carebear nerds. I love you for calling me a teenager.

>>45281875
Doesn't matter if Atia is a lady. Battle Bunnies is probably the worst part of 30k/40k fandom I've experienced thus far.
>>
>>45281988
Yes, I will buy some space marines just so I can model recon armour on them appropriately buy filing off the entirety of their power armour.
>>
>>45282030

Long March bro, twin-linked on Turn 1. Get them in an Anvillus and they're taking heads from the go. Mix in some Deathstorms to fiddle with the Drop Pod Assault numbers and you could have a really nasty list.
>>
>>45281380
Well, I don't know if I speak for many others when I say this, but I don't even bother with armoured ceramite in half my lists as no one bothers with melta anymore.
>>
File: Recon Legionnaire.jpg (40 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
Recon Legionnaire.jpg
40 KB, 800x680
>>45281908
>>
>>45282127
So what's the problem?
>>
>>45282092

You are also a faggot and your opinions are all terrible. You are no special snowflake but a dipshit among dipshits.

Welcome home.
>>
>>45281908
>>45281988
>>45282197
obvs meant with recon armour for traitor legions.

IIRC scouts have aquilla's
>>
>>45282256
Thank you...that's the most real thing anyone's ever said to me :')
>>
Have they shown off the Primarch WIP at the Weekender yet?
>>
Since the Horus Heresy series has brought back lots of the old cool stuff, is there anyway they could bring this back?

The Concordat Chaosium device in the game is said to be pre-heresy relic. Would be interesting if one of the novels could bring it in.
>>
>>45282155
>>45281380
I don't take AC. Nor does my IH playing friend, nor does Taghmata.

Only 1 vehicle in my friend's WB army has AC.
>>
>>45282312
indeed they have, looked potentially interesting.
>>
>>45282145
the only problem is you need to nuke their spartans and shit open first..

hit them with like 10 twin linked relentless (in your deployment zone) lascannons, then turn 2 drop 24 justaerin with plasmaguns, abby, horus, primus medicaes, and delete everything
>>
>>45282340
Which Primarch was it?
>>
>>45282352
Russ, so there were a lot of salty IF and AL in the thread (myself included, would have loved Alphy as a model)
>>
>>45282352
russ
>>
>>45282312

Guess which Primarch it was.
Hint- It wasn't Dorn or Alpharius.
>>
>>45282374
>>45282371
>>45282365
Wtf? Russ won't even have rules till the next book so why show him off now? Why not show Dorn, Sang, or Khan? I'm sad now.
>>
>>45282072
Thanks! Any other legions get changes? Curious about the other original 4 the DG and WE.
>>
>>45281721
>deepstriking 2 units of 12 justaerin with 12 combi-plasmas and chainfists
>the Karmoon Special has come to 30k
It's like when I cared about 40k all over again! Thanks FW.
>>
>>45282433
The book's coming out late 2016 and the statue is still WIP (they only have the torso, legs and half of the head done) so they're probably going to be released side by side
>>
>>45282270
So scratch it off. Damage it. They've defaced the markings of the Imperium, but haven't had time to redo the suits.

Or, you know, as a bit of a hint, Wulfen are 4+ Sv. So maybe use bare heads and arms, lightened backpack, etc. to get a less bulky look for them.
>>
File: 1443733067704.jpg (83 KB, 732x732) Image search: [Google]
1443733067704.jpg
83 KB, 732x732
>mfw they give russ a mullethawk with wolf tattoos on the side of his head
>mfw the wolf tattoos have detailed genitalia
>>
>>45282270
I believe scouts have winged skulls. At least the old metal ones did.
>>
File: image.png (344 KB, 656x715) Image search: [Google]
image.png
344 KB, 656x715
>>45282529
>mfw he has genitalia tattoos on his head and a "MAGNUS BTFO'd" trampstamp
>>
Are people really of the opinion that the increase squad size for Sons of Horus special Termies is anything but an error?
>>
>>45282604
Why would it be a bad thing?
>>
>>45282604
It also makes them better at "Merciless Fighters".
So it may well be intentional. They'll still fit in a Spartan (as that has a capacity of 25).
>>
>>45282604
If you mean the add 7, then yeah. I think the base 5 is deliberate though, it makes them far more fairly costed
>>
>>45282604
apparently it was intentional, some guy on b&c asked them and they confirmed it was intentional

its to represent how they didnt give a fuck about your feelings and always wanted to outnumber and bully people

basically theyre dicks
>>
>>45282604

Apparently anon noticed this within minutes of buying the book and asked Bligh directly, who said it was intentional.
>>
New guy here. Are there any guides on how to assemble Space Marines(how much glue to use etc.)? Also, should I use a paintbrush or an airbrush on FW models?

I recently got the SoH task force which is why I'm asking though I think I might buy some cheap shitty GW marines before I start on BaC.
>>
> Play Shattered Legions
> Take a World Eater, Emperors Children, Death Guard or Thousand Sons army as normal
> Take Zardu Layak as a HQ choice
> Allied Daemon contingent

Shattered Legions seem like a modellers dream. Any leaks of the Blackshield rules? Specifically what the Marauder squads do, if there are any other unique units, and exactly why they've decided that they need *more* vehicles than infantry?
>>
>>45283001
>Modellers dream
True that. I've always wanted the IH kits but not to commit to an IH army. And I play RG. It's perfect.

>they need *more* vehicles than infantry
This is the ONE thing I dislike about them thus far. I mean you could take DTs, a gusnhip or tank, and dreads to satisfy it it, but I already have 4 dreads... And I'm not big on vehicles to begin with.
>>
>>45282977
Paintbrush is perfectly fine Anon (do get spray cans for priming), an airbrush is a nice tool, but too great an investment for someone just starting out.

As for assembly guides, most plastic kits (including BaC) come with those, though they do not specify how much glue to use. Don't use too much is probably the only thing I'd really say in that regard. Don't try and drown the connecting surface is glue.
>>
>>45282977
Always work on cheapass models first. I bought too many models for too many games, and I decided to do them all up in increasing order of cost. I don't have any guides handy but glue moderation is an important thing. It's easier to fix not enough glue (hey it fell off, let me add slightly more next time) than too much (the weight of the glue is more than the actual model and I can't even make out what it is oh fuck).

Point is I literally have brain damage and I'm doing fine.
>>
>>45282977

Plastic glue is a stronger, more permanent bond than Superglue. I personally prefer Superglue because it's better to break things off and repose later. Plastic glue is easier to use because the bond takes time to create so you can wiggle about with poses as it sets.

I'd advise building them in stages; legs and torso first, then go for pouches/grenades, then the head, and finally the arms/shoulders. Don't glue guns into place until you've painted the model because it makes it impossible to paint the chest details.

Depending on your confidence, magnets can be great. Specifically magnetising combat weapons and knives, because they're an upgrade that you cannot always afford.

Airbrush is optional. It's a lot easier to blend with it and so a bit newb-friendly, as well as time saving. It's very easy to get lazy with them and a bad airbrush job is very visible. Definitely recommended for some of the metallic schemes like Alpha Legion though.

Cheap testers are definitely a better idea than FW resin. Look for old Black Reach models if you can find them on ebay, cheap as chips.
>>
>>45281626
Iron Havocs are now BS5 for same points.
>>
>>45282433
Well he's going to have rules before sang or Khan for sure. Also maybe they're going to make an awesome diorama for the release of Inferno.
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 1024x768
>>45283130
>>45283125
>>45283114
Thanks for the tips. I'm aiming for something similar to pic related with the BaC set.
>>
>>45282312
It was a very WIP Russ. The head wasn't even his head. Corax was supposed to be the big surprise but GW wanted something for their birthday event so made FW reveal Corax then. That's all.
>>
>>45283238
With patience and time, that should be certainly possible. Good luck Anon.
>>
>>45283130
>Depending on your confidence, magnets can be great. Specifically magnetising combat weapons and knives, because they're an upgrade that you cannot always afford.
do people really do this?

i always magnetize terminators but ive never bothered with sergeants or weapon guys..

should i go full autism and start magnetizing my sergeants and specialist weapons?

im kinda tempted to
>>
>>45283401
No, models will look janky as fuck and shit will always be popping off in the middle of games.
>>
still no rules for the new legions special units?
>>
>>45283401

I certainly do. Every model is fully WYSIWYG including Pistols and both types of Grenade. Even go full autismo and have them visible, none of this 'Oh they're in pouches' bullshit.
~60% of them are permanently toting Bolters, the remainder are magnetised to switch around special weapons as needed. Sergeant's hand is magnetised to swap melee weapons. All blades are magged to the backpack.
BaC Marines are nice for that, because the joining point is almost invisible and so the magnets don't have to look pretty.

Also everyone has helmets and 'correct' squad insignia.
Send help.
>>
>>45283401
I've seen it done well down to swapbable hand levels. You can't tell and looks great. YOu just have to have the right size drill bits and magnets.
>>
>>45283426
thats what i always figured
>>45283476
>>45283480
id probably just put the biggest magnets i could fit in each shoulder joint of the torso, and just take the whole arm off. ive got shoulderpads and extra arms for days so idc.

i might do it with the missile launchers and like a dozen bolter guys, so i could swap them for combi-weapons in 40k
>>
>>45283285
Fucking yiffs stealing the spot from Dorn and Alphy yet again!
>>
>>45281676
so fucking hype
>>
File: jPVn744.png (164 KB, 616x411) Image search: [Google]
jPVn744.png
164 KB, 616x411
>>45282529
>>
So what is Achaen pattern armor? I see that the models are ksons, but is it a pattern from their own pet forgeworld? That sounds like something they were hinting at in the Inferno teaser, but the world was called Arkhadia. Are the Sons so removed from the mainstream that they have their own patterns of armor with their own nomenclature?
>>
>>45281676
>Sonic Shriekers now debuff WS.
I saw in the other thread that it was -1WS, but how specifically?

Are entire units affected, or only models in base contact? Does it only work on the charge, or all the time?
>>
>>45283647

On the charge, models in base contact, doesn't work against Fear-immune
>>
Have Rampager squads been left untouched or have they buffed them a bit like some of the other shit legion units?
>>
any world eater buffs/changes?
>>
>>45283182
>>45281626
I really do not understand this choice at all. HS is already clogged as fuck for IW, so now Tyrants went from a really fun if not optimal Elites choice to never getting taken literally ever.
>>
>>45283731
Yeah. Read through the thread. Or the last thread. Or the thread before that.
>>
>>45283636
Isn't he supposed to have braids and a topknot?
>>
>>45283762
It's a wip with a stand in head.
>>
>>45283755
Just another reason to run HoO.
>>
>>45283755

More importantly, they're no longer eligible for a Troops choice under Pride. So Rocket Vomit is now dead.
I guess you could run a Shattered Legion that is 99% Iron Warrior, and then ally a Hammer of Olympia. You'd get 5 Heavy Slots at the expense of any Denial units.
>>
>>45283703
Only models in base contact is weird as fuck, since you roll to hit against majority WS. Since you only get shriekers on ICs and small units and you'll usually attack before the enemy gets to pile in, it feels like the shriekers won't do much offensively outside of challenges.
>>
>>45283826
The new RoW allows everyone in PA or artificer to buy a shrieker.

SCREAM TO BE HEARD!.
>>
How moist are your robes over the new Mechanicum stuff coming out?
>>
Any word on what the "buffs" and "different buffs" that are granted in the RoWs for traitor loyalists and loyalist traitors are?
>>
>>45283820
Yeah, that's the big thing for me. Perty and the Tyrant Wing was a hilarious and fun, if not actually good, army build. Now it's dead.
>>
So with the new WE changes you can buff a units strength with an apothecary, though all the legion specific WE units have FnP 6+ already - does this stack with an apothecary or not at all?
>>
>>45283916
Yes it stacks for a 4+ fnp
>>
>>45283867

Must issue Challenges to Traitor/Loyalists as appropriate.
FNP (4+) when duelling Traitors/Loyalists in a Challenge
Hatred of your own Legion
No longer suffer Fear from their own Primarch

Lose access to Traitor/Loyalist units as appropriate.
Cannot take any allied Marines (Humans and Mechanicum still fine)
Cannot take fortifications (Fuckin stupid, what was Isstvan 3)
Must have more Troops than Heavy.
>>
>>45283935
Where does it say that in the rules? cos I can't find it in the part for the narthecium or FnP

I'm not talking about the new RoW for now btw
>>
>>45283859
I don't want to represent filthy traitors, I just want a small amount of morally questionable genetic experiments.
>>
>>45283954
Oh it mentions its +1 to fnp in the new RoW. I thought that was what you were asking.
>>
>>45283950
Thanks.
>>
>>45283954

It's part of the new Rite. For normal games, Apothecaries only give a 5+ regardless of base rules on the unit.
Last thread an anon was claiming that FNP inherently stacks, but anon was wrong.

It's largely irrelevant anyway because Apothecaries are limited in who they can join and neither Butchers nor Rampagers are eligible. Only comes into play when considering the Primus.
>>
>>45283994
No, I was just trying to check for rules overlap.

I suppose WE Legion specific units suck anyway so it doesn't matter too much.
>>
Alan Bligh described the Assault Marines as receiving a points reduction.
More importantly, he described it as *massive*.

Good time to be a 30k player. Between those, all the Recon attention, and possible Breacher updates, we might see more than Tacticals.
>>
>>45283950
This would be hilarious with Night Lords as Curze would be the only thing in the army not triggering Fear as he gives it to his whole army.

>Oh fuck those tacs with skull face-paint really spooked me.
>Who's that douche?
>Oh him? That's just Curze.
>>
>>45283637
Ulttramarines also had their own patterns
Seems to be the thing when you have large powerful independent forgeworld allied to a legion
>>
>>45283755

I could have understood it if Havocs and Tyrants just switched FoC slots, with the elite heavy squads becoming elites and the sledge hammer shooting terminators becoming heavy, but this is the worst of both worlds. Tyrant wing is dead, and now the main boon of those units, the fact they could actually be pretty easily spammed specifically because they DIDN'T occupy the same FoC is now gone. I have a feeling this was done so IW players, as abused as they think they are, can no longer have their legion and decimate too.

Tyrants now no longer compete with rapiers, which got buffed (phosphex rounds ftw), and the various types of elite dreads, which also all got buffed, or legion terminators. This actually opens up some neat army compositions: flood the board with phosphex rapiers and tyrants to force enemies out of cover and then smash them with missiles before smashing them more with power fists, use Havocs to support a massed [sheathed in steel] dread party, or take perty, run hammer, cram your elites full of suicide termy squads with combi-meltas (AC be damned), then take two havoc squads, a tyrant squad for his tank hunter/signum combo and an artillery squadron.

It was kind of a dick move cramming them both into heavy, so now they have to compete with Sicarans, vindicators (in squads now), siege dreads, and makes it so that base heavy squads might as well be removed from the army list for how often those will get used, but it could be worse, you could have gotten a RG tier new RoW.
>>
>>45284263

Iron Warriors made out alright. Ironfire is extremely cool and very thematic, gives a real 'blitzkrieg' element to a Legion you normally associate as static. Rolling bombardments and massed Rhinos are cool.
Plus you have the Iron Circle, which have to be the single best-looking Legion models released.

Frankly all of their unique units belong in Heavy Support, it's just unfortunate for the players who already invested in Tyrant armies.
>>
>>45284263
Quad Mortars got both buffed and nerfed. They have a lot of cool options now (those Phosphex shells are fucking brutal!) but they also now have to pay ten points per gun for Shatter shells. That takes a three gun unit from 60x3=180 to 70x3=210. For comparison, a Sicaran with Lascannons+Dozer is also 180 points. It's a pretty significant change for existing lists.

That said - I don't like putting barrage weapons out in the open anyway, so losing shatter rounds isn't that big of a deal to me. Nuncio-Vox rules make an even stronger case for squirreling your guns behind LoS blocks and now you won't feel like you're losing utility for doing so.

Also, what's this about Havocs getting BS5 base in addition to Tank Hunters and their anti-cover save thing? Did their points change, because that's fucking CRAZY good if true. Compare a standard Legion Heavy Support Squad with Missiles, Flak Missiles, and Hardened Armour in a 10 man unit - they both cost 360 points, yet Havocs get a ton of special rules literally for free. The only downside is they have to buy Hardened Armour, but on a unit that can't move that's not much of a downside. I mean, they were already a pretty good choice and one of the better units for anti-air because of their versatility, but if you don't need a Master of Signals to buff their BS anymore then they're probably one of the best units in the entire Heresy for any army.
>>
>>45284170
>Blood Angels

I'm not even mad about Wulfen anymore.
>>
anybody got the details on the armoured ROW beyond "predators are troops"

>>45283862
I'm not a mechanicum fan and I'm now considering swapping out an allied legion I was going to do for an allied mechanicum force, those Secutarii models look sweet
>>
>>45284170
>massive AM point drop
Thank the emperor. I might actually consider taking AM as RG for once.
>>
File: IW and AL RoWs.jpg (121 KB, 675x1200) Image search: [Google]
IW and AL RoWs.jpg
121 KB, 675x1200
>>45284376
Yeah, I've been on the fence between Iron Hands and loyalist Iron Warriors for a long time, but this has me really leaning towards the IW. Iron Circle is SO cool, Ironfire is exactly what I never knew I wanted for a Rite of War, and honestly as cool as an Iron Hands tank list would be I'd much rather be painting hazard stripes than an army of black and silver cybergoons.

Also, did I miss something about Ironfire? I assumed you'd run it with footslogging infantry blobs rather than massed Rhinos. You get the Fearless advantage that way, too. It feels a lot more Iron Warrior-y to me ("corpse grinders") and fits the World War I timed rolling bombardment concept more as well. Since the first shot only scatters D6 within 12" (since you'll have a Nuncio-Vox that basically means it doesn't scatter - and you can't use them from inside vehicles) you're not risking hitting your own dudes at all with the danger close shots. The biggest problem I see is that you could get tied up in combat that way and leave your guns with no targets, but as long as you get to fire the artillery and the bolters in your tacblobs I doubt there's gonna be much left to tarpit your advance.

Plus I hate Rhinos. There's a lot of kill point missions in AoD and the last thing I'd want to bring in 30k are heavily taxed min squads in free kill point deathtraps.
>>
>>45282127
Greenstuff them reasonable pauldrons
There now your Space Marines look so unlike regular SM that they could well be wearing Recon armour
>>
I am pretty butt devastated over the Iron Warrior nerfs/bad shit.

I have always wanted Iron Circle on the tabletop but they have one of the most stupidly overpriced costs I have seen in a while. That and moving Tyrants to the most crowded slot in the game has rustled all of my jimmies.
>>
>>45284988
Are there rules for Iron Circle I missed? I haven't seem them posted anywhere.
>>
>>45284843

Predator Squadrons are now Troops units. Sicarans are Elites. You can have a single Predator/Sicaran as a HQ choice.
All infantry must be mounted in transports. No fortifications or immobile units.
>>
File: h8v4PHo.jpg (868 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
h8v4PHo.jpg
868 KB, 2448x3264
>>45285013

WS4, BS4, S7, T7, W4, I3, A2, Ld8, 3+

Monstrous Creatures. Have Cortex and Frags by default.
>>
>>45284988
Are your jimmies so rustled that you might smash one out of ten models in your army? Because then your training will be complete.
>>
>>45285141
Why would you post that and not also mention that they are over 205 points per model?
>>
>>45275927
but the assault cannon was experimental new tech

that's why it would explode and why chaos didn't get any

shoving them into the heresy was dumb as fuck
>>
>>45285212
Meant exactly 205
>>
Someone on natkfa posted high res photos links here
http://recalcitrantdaze.
blogspot.
co.uk/2016/02/horus-heresy-weekender-2016-
part-4.html
There's others as well just flick through
>>
>>45285086
>Predator Squadrons are now Troops units
>You can have a single Predator/Sicaran as a HQ choice.

My dick is so erect
>>
>>45283731

Legiones Astartes completely altered.
New one:
> Reroll 1's when Charging
> If you lose a fight, roll a D6. 4+ you auto-pass break check and gain Rage for rest of the game.
> Traitors replace the second bit with always having Rage, but unable to G2G
>>
>>45285141
Can they fit in the Tormentor?
>>
>>45285086
Can you still take Sicarans as Heavy Support as well as Elites? Even without that it seems like it would be a fairly strong army, as Legion Predators are actually great tanks. Even the stock Predator Autocannons are worth taking since they're four shots instead of two, and putting Machine Spirit on every tank basically makes them Fast. Seems like it would be rather expensive to build (who the hell has 9-15 Predators) but rather solid overall. Also, since Armoured Ceramite on all those tanks would be prohibitively expensive it means that Melta armies finally get to have some fun.

>>45285141
>>45285212
So... taking the special unit for Perty costs... 805+455+(35 for hammer option)... 1260-1295 points for one unit. Christ, if that's not the death star to end all death stars I don't know what is, but it sure does look killy enough that I'd still want to bring it. Upgrade weapon skill or initiative for the bodyguard, though? I'm leaning WS, but curious what ya'll think. Striking at the same time seems irrelevant against most things (basic marines are not going to do damage, and PF/TH/CF termies are gonna get smushed before they swing anyway) whereas increasing the WS to 5 makes them hit most things on 3s and get hit on 4s against elite units.

Also, it says the shield can be used as a weapon, but they're base A2 in the profile - does that not include the shield as a close combat weapon? I.e., are they actually A2+1?
>>
>>45285293
Sweet, thanks. Any Deathguard LA changes? They seem to be buffing the original 4 so very curious.
>>
>>45285334
I do not believe so. I was looking for a special rule permitting that since they fit into special compartments in most of the books
>>
how to make World Eaters gud

>Lust for Battle
Any model with the Legion Astrates (World Eaters) can still charge after firing a Rapid Fire weapon, despite the normal restrictions. However, you must keep note of which units with the Troops battlefield role engage an enemy in the assault phase. At the end of the battle, your opponent receives +1 VP for each of these units that did not engage in an assault (including those destroyed before they had the chance).

Attach it to some RoW because fast armies could just abuse the fuck out of it and your set!
>>
File: gravewarden.jpg (383 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
gravewarden.jpg
383 KB, 707x1000
Any changes for Death Guard revealed?
>>
>>45285348

No, it's a full shift into Elites. But Venators remain Heavy Support. So you end up with a Command Tank, 0-4 Sicarans, 2-6 Predator Squadrons / mounted Tacticals, and 0-4 Venators. Plus everything else you'd want from a Legion.
It's a fucking awesome Rite.

>>45285293
>Reroll 1's to Wound on the charge
>>
>>45285376
>your opponent receives +1 VP for each of these units that did not engage in an assault

Thats just asking to lose all your games.
>>
>>45285348
I mean, you are not wrong. That is a pretty fucked up deathstar. okay time to list build.

I wish they had more attacks, so i would up WS to ensure what attacks they do have hit.
>>
>>45285368
I know superheavy transports can take multiple units, but I'm not sure about MCs.

I'd hope so, but I can't recall anything that gives me hope
>>
>>45285407
>>45285364

FNP(4+) against Fleshbane and Poison, replaces the rerolls.
Move through Terrain now covers everything, not just swamps or shit.
Scythes, including Mortarion, lose Unwieldy and Sweep. Instead you can trade 1I for +1A per model in contact.
Grave Wardens gain Poison(3+) on grenades and cloud.
Deathshroud available as a HQ, Elite, or a bodyguard unit.

I've heard Rad Grenades being a Legion-kit instead of tied with the Reaping, but not 100% on that.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 206x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 206x320
>>45285266
1k sons contemptor looks better unpainted
I think it's the red and white issue on the headdress
Maybe change it to gold and red?
>>
>>45285407
Get rid of you tyrants and go rolling barrage infantry
>>
>>45285469
Someone said Grave Wardens can fire in overwatch?

And while not strictly DG, dat phosphex on the quad rapier makes almost every DG player smile.
>>
>>45285141
So.. are they actually better than Castellax?

With a Siege wrecker they cost 120 points per model and the only really significant difference seems to be the ability to get a 4++ rerollable and charge resilience.

They are obviously big deals but at 80 PPM it's kinda questionable.
>>
>>45284988
Oh, I really feel sorry for you anon.

It must be tough receiving one of the best RoW's yet.

Maybe you shouldn't have been a shitter and based your army solely off 1 unit.
>>
>>45285411
>No, it's a full shift into Elites. But Venators remain Heavy Support. So you end up with a Command Tank, 0-4 Sicarans, 2-6 Predator Squadrons / mounted Tacticals, and 0-4 Venators. Plus everything else you'd want from a Legion.
>It's a fucking awesome Rite.
Huh. Well, if I somehow stumble across a few thousand dollars to build a fully armoured mechanized Iron Hands army I know where I'm going. Taking a tank as the commander is a little weird when they already have Castrmen Orth, but I suppose that since he's the only HQ with rules like that the other legions need a way to run a tank army.

The trick here is that you still need to take a Master of the Legion to unlock the Rite of War in the first place, and sticking them into an army of nothing but Sicarans and Predators is more than a little awkward. IH would really, really benefit from Ferrus in that list for the free IWND on every tank... but I'm not sure it's justified for his hefty cost - not to mention the lack of synergy outside that since he'd be solo footslogging it. Since you're not running Head of the Gorgon anymore you also still have to pay points for Blessed Autosimulcrae, and when you iterate that across 10-20 tanks the costs really start to add up. To be honest taking a barebones Delegatus and sticking him in a Damocles Command Rhino might be the way to go.

>>45285452
Yeah, the lack of attacks seems to be their Achilles' heel. If they were A3 instead of A2 they'd feel more worth their points. I suppose the extra Hammer of Wrath attacks ought to help since they're base S7. Also, their guns kind of suck compared to what's out there. I'd MUCH rather have Mauler Bolt Cannons (24" S6 AP3 Heavy 3, Pinning) than what is essentially a Heavy Bolter with Heavy 5 and Pinning.

If there's one thing that puzzles me it's that Perty can upgrade their Ld. Like, why? They can't be pinned, and Cybernetica Cortex makes them Fearless. And they're in a unit with a Primarch who is also Fearless.
>>
>>45285439
Not necessarily. A lot of the most popular legions are very slow.

If you take 3 20-man tac blobs as your troops with added apothecary's it's not gonna be easy to destroy those unit before they can assault.
>>
File: Great Wolf.png (36 KB, 419x96) Image search: [Google]
Great Wolf.png
36 KB, 419x96
>>45283636
>Space Wolf stuff starts coming out
>It's all the fucking Blackmane again
>WiP of Russ comes out
>Has the Blackmane instead of the Wolf that Stalks Between Stars
I'm not even angry anymore. I'm just disappointed.

The different Great Company markings are one of the best and most individualistic parts of Space Wolf fluff. Yet they ignore it at every turn and jack off to Ragnar's company.
>>
>>45285568
You can have Perty tank some hits because the rerollability confers to him as well. They also can have a very large amount of HoW attacks (since you multiply your roll by the number of dudes) plus they have a chance to generate more auto hits can have their WS increased if you take 4.

They are super expensive but I am starting to think they could be a stupid unit to deal with.
>>
>>45285293
So do they not get Furious Charge anymore after destroying a unit in CC?
>>
>>45285568
Castellax can only accompany a Praevian, though. Ever since the shift to 7th edition removed the ability for a Primarch to join a unit of Castellax people have wanted a T6-7 bodyguard that wouldn't fuck them over with majority toughness the way retinue terminators do. You're definitely paying a huge premium for it, but given that the model is amazing I'd still do it for cool factor alone and to have a really gobsmackingly sexy centerpiece unit for truly huge games.

That said, you do have a point. They're based on the Domitar, so it figures they'd have the same problem the Domitar has - that they're way more expensive than a Castellax who can do the same job just as well. On the plus side their other wargear actually makes sense, they have a better invulnerable save, and they have a gun that's at least mediocre instead of the Domitar's terrible missile launcher. They also lost an attack along the way, though, since Domitar's gain +1 for two CCWs... that honestly does feel like a boneheaded oversight.
>>
>>45285723
What?
If anything krom is a much bigger part of the fenris campaign
GW seems to be going the route of the dickhead who does some shady stuff gets his butt kicked then learns humility and compassion and become th Mary Sue
Cf sicarius and clan raukaan, smashfucker farsight
>>
>>45285760

No, they reroll 1's To Wound when charging instead, But it's always there and doesn't need to be 'unlocked' now.
>>
>>45285659
>>45285742
Well I'm assuming they have rage like Castellax otherwise they seem even more overcosted.
>>
Does anyone have any info regarding the new characters? We know of Meduson and the WE Apothecary but I'd like to know if there's a new character for IF.
>>
>>45285839
They do not

>>45285767
I am probably going to buy 4 and just wait/pray/hope for a points reduction. I have always wanted this exact unit and I just cant pass them up, even though they are definitely over priced.
>>
>>45285723
Read up about it
Ragnar model was originally actually the Russ model - that white dwarf one with the spiked up hair
It got changed etc but there was a crossed wire so Ragnar was given Russ symbol and it was labelled as black mane whilst also being chapter symbol
Wolf that stalks is 1st company - with jarl of first dead I think bjorn will get it so e may see a reference in the novels
Anyway wolves have always had issues due to being a major part of early rogue trader stuff when some idiot in the studio painted them wrong just because sky blue wolves
>>
Does anyone have the rules for the Marines + Cults ROW, think it was called Army of Dark Compliance and using it with my Word Bearers?
>>
Question about the Praevian. Someone said he was updated to also take Domitar's. Is that true?
>>
>>45285800
I meant in terms of modelling support.

Krom may be getting some spotlight in the fluff right now, but all his company has gotten in terms of support is a model you can't get anymore and some transfers.
>>
>>45285469
Do you have the new rite for them as well?
>>
>>45285950
I think it's worth emailing Forgeworld about their number of attacks. The bit about the shield says the shield can be used as a close combat weapon because it's so big and huge, but I can't tell if that's a rules section or a fluff section because it's the same paragraph as the rest of the shield's rules. It also doesn't explicitly say anything about counting as an extra CCW, and it's implied that their ability to be used as a "crude weapon" has more to do with them forcing a Disordered Charge against them than anything else.

As long as the shield counts as an extra CCW bringing them to 2+1 attacks they're fine, but it feels like a long shot that it's the case. FW has been a lot better about specifying what automata get an extra attack from two CCWs lately and it's hard to imagine they'd make the same old fuck up all over again with a new unit that they finally fixed with the older ones.

>>45286032
I don't know why you would. A Praevian unit is already expensive enough with Castellax now that they got a points increase, and Castellax are WAY better at shooting than Domitars. For all the problems with the Iron Circle at least they're not as bad as normal Domitars. It's really a shame their rules are so mediocre as the model is fantastic.
>>
>>45282325

The game is still available from GoG, but good luck getting it to run properly on any OS newer than XP.

I really want GW to license the IP to Firaxis so they can give it the XCOM treatment.
>>
>>45286312
I think the bit about them being used as crude weapons is fluff for the disorrganized charge bit. Its cuz they swing the shields at charging enemies.

Besides, an email from FW doesn't mean much these days.
>>
Just for looks and awesomeness. I want to run TS soon and was looking at a praevian for them and heard that rumor and wondered. I think Domitars look tons better than castellax. Don't care much for rules as I do aesthetics.
>>
>>45286011
[*]primary detachment is made up of any units from legion crusade or the militia/cult army list[/*]
[*]must contain at least a single praetor or centurion (including consuls) and they are the warlord[/*]
[*]must be traitors[/*]
[*]may not use rites of war[/*]
[*]legiones astartes rules do not carry over to militia[/*]
[*]units are counted as being from the same army list, so may share transports benefit from warlord traits .etc[/*]
[*]may not have more unit choices from legions than militia.[/*]
[*]may not take a discipline cadre (that's what the marines are for)[/*]
[*]legion astartes gain +1 to cover saves if shot at through a militia unit, however said unit takes D3 wounds with no AP value[/*]
[*]any militia unit may take the 'disposable' rule for free (don't confer victory points for being killed) but are no longer scoring.[/*]
>>
>>45285659
They're LD is relevant vs Cybernetica abilities; so yeah literally useless most of the time because normally the Magos Dominus is interesting in buffing his own automata.

>>45286312
Wouldn't say Domitar are bad, persay; you certainly dont take a Domitar for shooting... but it isn't impressive enough in melee over a Siege-wrecker castellax, as fucking radical as the model is - though its improved WS is nice.

Now the Arlatax is a completely different beast; albiet a bit more vulnerable.
>>
Anyone get a screenshot of the new Imperial Fists RoW that lets you give everybody deep strike transponders? Because that's basically everything i ever wanted from 40k Grey Knights.
>>
>>45286338
They did it with Total War, so I could imagine GW giving their IP to Firaxis for a 40k XCOM.

I still want to see the Concordat Chaosium brought in. Have Erebus give it to a young Lord Zyrman allowing Games Workshop to remake Chaos Gate.

They brought Eliphas into the Horus Heresy which was a good use of material.
>>
>>45286535

GW's policy on video games has been very open for the past 5 years or so. They'll license the IP to anyone with a good proof of concept and understanding of/enthusiasm for the IP.

It would be stupidly easy for Firaxis to make a new Chaos Gate game, in terms of capability and likelihood of obtaining an IP license. The only question is whether they want to.

Tying the game into the existing fluff is a no-brainer. It's been done with the Blood Ravens, after all.
>>
>>45282977
The ideal is not to use a brush for basecoating large surfaces, either a spray can (well warmed, on a dry day) or airbrush. Infantry don't care.

For both plastic cement and superglue I like the liquid type with a brush applicator.
>>
>>45286602
Problem is that why would you take all the risk of developing and selling a game, and give portion of your profits to someone else, who's bound to make some limitations on what you can do, when you can make/use your own IP, keep all the money that you make and don't have to listen to others on what you can and can't do?
>>
>>45286449
Compare the Domitar and Domitar-Ferrum to Legion Contemptor Dreadnoughts set up for close combat. At first I thought it would be close or even advantageous for the automata, but on closer inspection I'm not sure. WS/BS5, I4, base cost is only 175 points, A3+1 if you go double CCW, and you can give them Armourbane for only 10 points more. The automata have W4 instead of 3HP (and can't be one-shot), and have actual shooting attacks albiet at lower BS whereas a double CCW Contemptor either has TL bolters or has to pay a lot for a shooting phase (10 for HF, 15 for Grav/Melta, 20 for Plasma Blasta, times two for both arms). The Domitar get extra HoW hits, but the Contemptor has Fleet and can buy a Dreadnought Drop Pod (granted, that raised their cost significantly).

And, even with all those goodies, Contemptors are considered mediocre choices for most legions. I think it's easy to see why people would rather just take a Praevian with Castellax instead - they cost less, have very deadly shooting, and they're just as good in close combat with Siege Wreckers.
>>
File: file.png (592 KB, 858x669) Image search: [Google]
file.png
592 KB, 858x669
New timeline feggits
>Breaking of Anvilus (bravo FW)
>Wolf Cull
>The scouring of the ? stars
>passage of the angel of death
>cataclysm of iron
>xana incursion
>sea of fire
>titandeath
>great slaughter of beta Garmon
>the vanaheim campaign
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 640x480
>>45281275
>>45281219
So, uh, a Crusader with battlecannon and Ironstorm pod costs 460. For those 25pts it gets -1AV front and side, -1BS, -1HP, two heavy stubbers instead of two autocannons and it replaces 4 twinlinked S10 AP1 Large Blasts with 2 S8 AP3 Large Blasts and 12 shots S6 AP3 Rending at half range.
Oh wait, it also gains +1I.
Yeah, that seems totally fair.

In all seriousness, I really hope FW is going over this machine once more, because as is I don't see much reason to ever *not* take that thing in my household.
I mean, I really like the model and the idea behind the rules, but it needs a significant price-bump at the very least. HP6 would also not be ill-advised, the additional armor is already beefy enough.
>>
>>45286651
or you go like total warhammer, build a whole game, and GW just completely destroys everything its about on a whim.
>>
>>45286741
Yeah, the cost seems far too low. I honestly expected it to cost something like 500 points based on appearance alone.
>>
>>45286704
The Schism of mars is earlier than expected.
>>
>>45286704
colors mean anything?
>>
>>45286704
more wolf faggotry

Kill me pls
>>
>>45286775
Eh, only slightly. They were always in Horus' camp, so it makes sense that they'd declare their allegiance the moment war broke out. It would make more sense if it didn't start until Isstvan V though.
>>
>>45286787
I think so.
Each color represents in what book the event takes place, and the yellow stuff, the light blue stuff and the brownish stuff is the stuff that takes place in both BL and FW, while all the rest is the stuff that takes place exclusively in FW
>>
Drop the guns to s8 ap2, attacks to 2, and 6 hull. make it 450. Bs4.
>>
more info on release dates this year
>35: Eye of Terra
>36: The Path of Heaven by Chris Wraight (April)
>37: The Silent War
>38: Angels of Caliban by Gav Thorpe
>there is a prequel audio drama for 'Pharos' coming later this month, to tie in with the novel, explains where the Lion is and how it's linked to what the scout saw in the chamber
>McNeill is going to scale down his contribution to BL to focus on his LoL fluff job
and maybe the worst fact
>the full HH series will be around 50 books, they're optimistic they'll be done by 2020
>>
Anyone have the picture of the new Quad Mortar rules? Forgot to save it earlier.
>>
>>45286964
>and maybe the worst fact
>>the full HH series will be around 50 books, they're optimistic they'll be done by 2020
Why's this the worst?
I can only laugh at their opinion on being done by 2020.
>>
Anyone seen the rules for the new knights errant?
>>
>>45287043
see
>>45281219
>>
>>45281638
I added some swords to them so they could benefit from them. Might switch them with lighting claws now thou.
>>
>>45287078
that's a questoris knight anon.. I'm thinking of the kind that fits on a 32mm base...
>>
File: AssCans - Copy.png (162 KB, 858x160) Image search: [Google]
AssCans - Copy.png
162 KB, 858x160
Hey, it's me, the guy who will be making 100's of Assault Cannons for you new BA players.

I will be making Pic Related, the FW Razorback Assault Cannon from FW. The photo is one that I would be selling, and it has not been cleaned up beofre the photos. Each gun is just short of 2 inches long.

I chose this model as it mounts pretty easily onto vehicles with minor conversion work.

Anyways, I will be able to start production in a week or so, but I would like to know how many I will have to make. Assault Cannons would be between $1 and $1.50 each depending on how many you wanted.

If you would like Assault Cannons, email me at [email protected] with how many you would expect to buy. Likely, I would ship these out around march first.
>>
>>45287078
That's not what he's talking about. Knights Errant are people, not war machines. Nathaniel Garro, Tylos Rubio, etc. There's rules for building a generic one but we haven't seen them posted yet.
>>
>>45287128
Sweet, not playing BA myself but appreciate the effort :)
>>
>>45287128
Godspeed, anon. You're doing the Primarch's work.
>>
>>45287128
post in the buy sell trade thread, might get some hits
>>
>>45286964
>>the full HH series will be around 50 books, they're optimistic they'll be done by 2020
That is unrealistic.
>>
>>45287128
Woah awesome deal anon.

I'd like 12 but I'm in the UK.

Could you still ship to there?
>>
>>45286964
What the fuck? I heard McNeil was almost done with the Crimson King.
>>
>>45287234
I'll be honest here. I could. I'm just really paranoid about shipping to the UK. You would have to ease my mind about getting lawyer'd to death first.
>>
>>45287266

That'll be his last I bet.
>>
bangles seem capable of some really gnarly shit.

It's annoying Veteran tacticals can't take jump packs though.

Deepstriking 10 rending flamers would probably be a bit over the top anyway
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.