[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the worst thing that a player's ever said to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 13
File: 1435645740680.jpg (19 KB, 468x364) Image search: [Google]
1435645740680.jpg
19 KB, 468x364
What's the worst thing that a player's ever said to you out of character? What's the worst thing your character's ever been told in character?
>>
>>45252939
OOC: "Oh we're getting evicted on thurday." My roomie that apparently hadn't been paying our rent like he was supposed to. Nor told me this more than 3 days in advance. He'd known for months.
Game related? I found out mid-game.

IC: "I hope you die as lonely as you've lived." The groups paladin to the assassin after he let her fiancee die.
>>
>>45252959
Storytime?
>>
>>45252959
Well, that's gonna be a tough act to follow
>>
>>45252989
Which bit? I am in huge favor of the paladin/assassin bit. I have a hard time thinking on the former without stewing in rage.
>>
>>45253022
Both. Duh.
>>
>>45253022
The latter, but if you're up for the former I'd like it.
>>
>>45252959
>IC: "I hope you die as lonely as you've lived." The groups paladin to the assassin after he let her fiancee die.

This might be early-morning idiocy, but are you saying the assassin was engaged, and willingly let their fiancee die, or the Paladin had a fiancee, and the assassin let the Paladin's fiancee die?
>>
>>45253030
Welp. Fuck it. Here we go.

This started about 6 years back. I had just moved out of my mothers and went to university like most people in their late teens do. However I quickly found that living alone was MURDER for my depression and shizofrenia. So I went looking for people to live with.

I met E and another friend of his that were looking for a place and finding a place with 3 bedrooms was easier than one with 2. So we hit it off and found a rather large place. Meant for a family of course. We set up a rotation for payment. He paid the bills and we paid him in turn. This was the simplest solution and did not require writing up sub-contracts or the like. And well. We were friends. So we trusted each other. Fast forward 3 years. Shit's awesome, some members of the household moves in and some move out but me and him remain. We were RPG nerds, uni studies worked well, we found jobs and had so much nerd games it was basically my towns meeting place for nerds from comics to gaming.

We knew he had economic problems as he got fired from his job. For doing union-work, and doing it badly. But he found a new job soon after that paid shit. But we paid our bit and shit's fine yeah?

No. One day. COmpletely out of the blue. "Hey. We're getting evicted on thursday." How the shit does one react to that? I thought he was taking about the game. But nope.

Cont->

>>45253089
The paladin had a fiancee that the assassin let die. I'll get into details later.
>>
>>45253145
Now to await the juicy bits.
>>
>>45253145
So basically.I had a life with a girlfriend living with me and we're told on Monday evening. That on thursday evening that we would be homeless. Now, I'm was not in a position of speaking to my family. (Drunks the lot of them) and my girlfriends family lived in another country. So we just stared at him for a while and then we did some phonecalls.

Long story short. On thursday we would be homeless. We found offerings of couches to sleep on while we sort our shit. We found sympathy and some horrible truths.

He got fired from his job for sexual harassment.
He had scammed some charity work organisaitons out of money.
He spent all of our rent money on online-games, his new laptop, MTG cards and alcohol.

Why no one had told us this was simple. "We thought you knew. How else could he afford all of this?"

So being effectively homeless has some disadvantages. It's hard to keep a job from the stress of sleeping on a couch in some elses home. It's not very good sleep. You lose a lot of stuff. Because you can't have it anywhere. And in my case. I lost a lot of friends because they had trouble dealing with a stressed out schizofrenic living in their living room. Eventually, we found a new home, however. Nothing dramatic, we showed we could afford it, told our story why our references would be as they were, paid 3 months in advance and wrote a contract that meant they could evict us without warning. But hey. I like a bed!

But to this day, 3 years later. I shake in rage whenever I think of this. In good news. I no longer need to restrain myself when i see people that look similar to him on the street.

And that. Is the story on what the meanest thing anyone said to my, out of character during a game.
>>
>>45253254

Jesus christ man.

I'm so sorry to hear that. That's a bloody rough hand to be dealt.
>>
>>45253254
You hung in there man, go you
>>
>>45253254
What happened to him? Did you beat the living shit out of him or did you pussy out, telling yourself the "I'm taking the high road" bullshit?
>>
>>45253254
Fuck, I just thought he meant he and other roommate were getting evicted all of a sudden, but you were still in the clear.
>>
>>45252939
>What's the worst thing that a player's ever said to you out of character? What's the worst thing your character's ever been told in character?
OOC: "You're the worst person I've ever met and played a game with. You wasted my time and my life and I'm never speaking to you again."
It was my girlfriend.

IC: "I slaughtered your family. I burned your church. I broke your king. And until now, I didn't even know your name."
I was a paladin fighting a war against an invading power that was decimating my nation. The above was said to me by the invading general. He eventually killed me in our final battle, until I was resurrected by my party and invested with further power, which was finally used to kill him and break the invasion, though I died in that attempt.
>>
File: Like tears in the rain scoob.jpg (23 KB, 499x430) Image search: [Google]
Like tears in the rain scoob.jpg
23 KB, 499x430
>>45253352
>OOC: "You're the worst person I've ever met and played a game with. You wasted my time and my life and I'm never speaking to you again."
>It was my girlfriend.
Women! Am I right?
>Tfw never had a gf
>>
>>45253254
>>45253145
Now for the RPG story.

I apologize for typos during the previous story. Writing while angry makes me not found of proofreading.

I was playing an assassin. Not the dark broody type but the bastard son of a lord taught to integrate himself socially and kill people discreetly. Poison and towers more than daggers, though fencing and knives were part of the education. I met up the group after a witch had captured me and picked my heart out of my chest though kept me alive and sent me to help a bunch of idiots save the world from the demon army invading the world.

I joined midway through the campaign. The gorup were... not very clever though really good at what they were doing. I was sent to apply reason, diplomacy and tactics to the group.

So I did. During one part of the campaign we were sent into a abandoned city which was infested with loads of demons sealed in there for hudereds of years. Great fun.

My groups paladin had found love in the arms of a burglar she redeemed on the day and he was a cat shapeshifter sort that had helped us get the other parts of the macguffin set. Sp me, My paladin, the cat-burglarfiancee (yes I know), our spiritist, our sociopatchic feyling animal master and our brute that fought using a mast went into the demon city.

We managed to sneak our way through the ruins, just barely avoiding a confrontation with them to find the macguffin. WHich was basically. The "macguffin was in you all along!"-Thing. Which was kinda funny and unexpected, but we found that our spirititst actually was made to seal the devils essense inside of her. Or she was made into a vessel there. It's unsure really.

But on our way out. We fail one sneak attack to many. Badly. It's a dicepool system. And well... When the system is balanced for successes in the areas of 8-15 successes. Scoring 0 means that you fucked up badly.

So we ran. However on the day it became increasingly clear that they would catch up and we were not in a state to win.
>>
File: scoobydoobydoooo.jpg (47 KB, 375x651) Image search: [Google]
scoobydoobydoooo.jpg
47 KB, 375x651
>>45253420
Me neither, but imagine someone twisting the knife in you like that - and they're a player in your game, so she might still be there with all her bitterness and hurt.
>>
>>45252939
To lighten the mood here a little bit, the worst thing ever said in character was something that has been said multiple times.

"You have found a Deck of Many Things."
>>
OOC: you have GM'ed for years, no way any of us would want you as a player

I suppose I don't have an ICC one. Unless it was to an NPC, which would be a random ass NPC whom the players told they would help, and then managed to burn her house, and her two children, to the ground, and fail to save her husband, which was the original request. I described her crying, obviously being angry at everything that had happened (you know, the natural response to losing everything that mattered in your life) until one of the characters, a Rogue, looks at her, shrugs, and says "quit crying and give us our reward. We deserve some thanks here, and all you can do is weep?"

She tried killing the Rogue (which obviously failed) and died in the attempt.
>>
>>45253281
>>45253291
>>45253306
Thanks.
>>45253300
Nah, we went to the police with facts and convinced others to do so as well and provided enough evidence to get him to pay fines in the numbers of about half a million dollars. In a low-income country. He's basically never going to get out of debt, and losing rights to his own bank acocunt as a lawgiven measure for this is common where I live. So he's broke for the largepart of his life. He can't buy clothes or food unless he asks his supervisor and shows reciepts afterward.

>>45253433
Cont->
I hoped we would escape and at first I was close, but then we saw the demons had sealed the exit or it had collapsed when we entered. So we had to fight. This is the kind of system that fights are lethal. Demons especially. Our paladin was the only one that could concievably harm them. She was great at it. But. She was the one that was strong enough to open the way. Our spiritist could, but her powers was sealed out the same way the demons were sealed in.
It looked bleak.

But the demons were demons of blood thirst. They were of their very nature compelled to hunt after the smell of blood. I looked at our burglar. By far the fastest of us.
"Will you help save us?" I asked him.
"Yes." He said, unblinkingly. I though Wow this dude got redeemed hard. Then I stabbed him in the gut, bleeding wound, but not immediately crippling.
"Run. As quick as you can. Buy us time to escape." He did.

The rest of the group did not hear this conversation and when i came to them I said "Hurry. He's buying us time!"

We got out.
The fiancee cat burglar did not.

THe paladin waited for 4 days in the desert outside this city. We had to tie her down not to go inside on her own to look for him. We had a world to save and she was needed.
So it came to the 4th day.

"He's dead. I stabbed him myself. The world needs saving. He's not part of the prophecy. The rest of us are. Get your shit together and walk."
cont->
>>
>>45253590
What was it that he did that was actually illegal?
>>
>>45253590

What the party knew. Me and the burglar had been friends. Redeeming and saving the world. Making friends. Real firends. My character had been lonely his entire life. No one had cared for anything except results. And having someone else understand the struggle meant me and him had gotten along well and bonded almost as hard as he and the paladin had.

But... The witch had my heart. And the world was about to die. She would not move until he came out. I don't think she could. "If hope is impossible." I thougt. "If duty is not enough. Vengence will have to do." So i compelled her into hating me. The one character that had never given up on me doing the right thing I had to hurt her the worst I could.

So I did.

She did not kill me. She knew that the world needed me. But she lost too much that day. Her hope in men and in the betterment of people. Only justice was left. But when we were at our kings side and leading the army to fight the demon king in the capital.
She said "I hope you die as lonely as you've lived."

My character died happier than he deserved to. His guilt never going away. But him and the spiritst found love and raised a family together.

The paladin. She found hope again. Eventually. Her god had intervened and saved her fiancee. But god could only do so much, he had to flee through hell and came through during a later battle. The last battle even. Giving the Paladin the hope she needed to fight at her full power. And she threw down the demon king hard. And the world was saved.

But... My assassin still had killed a friend in cold blood. The guilt never went away.

>>45253634
Apparently a given word is enough as a contract were I live. He scammed and stole from organisations and sexual harassment is illegal here. In addition to half a year's worth or rent paid back to the 4 other who lived there as well as a roomie who had lived there prior. There was damage restitution and the like.
>>
>>45253586
Are all your players complete irredeemable pieces of shit or is there actually a reason you put up with them beside lack of self respect?
>>
File: You can't make me cry.jpg (13 KB, 203x200) Image search: [Google]
You can't make me cry.jpg
13 KB, 203x200
>>45253145
>>45253254
Shit, I just remembered I got trust issues
>>
>>45253586
>I suppose I don't have an ICC one. Unless it was to an NPC, which would be a random ass NPC whom the players told they would help, and then managed to burn her house, and her two children, to the ground, and fail to save her husband, which was the original request. I described her crying, obviously being angry at everything that had happened (you know, the natural response to losing everything that mattered in your life) until one of the characters, a Rogue, looks at her, shrugs, and says "quit crying and give us our reward. We deserve some thanks here, and all you can do is weep?"
This is where you create PC-strength investigators/lawmen to hunt them down and make them regret their decisions.
>>
>>45252959
>"Oh we're getting evicted on thurday." My roomie that apparently hadn't been paying our rent like he was supposed to. Nor told me this more than 3 days in advance. He'd known for months.
Same thing happened to me. Fucking Kyle. The rest of us had to end up ponying up 6 months of his share rent between us so we didn't all get evicted.
>>
>>45254232
No you shitstain. You don't need to implement fucking characterisation-police to beat your players into playing the way you want them to. You either play things more emotionally, or -- if you can't, or if it still has no effect -- you roll with it. The players are psychopaths; okay. Deal with that. Play it like that. Don't try and force a square peg through a round hole by dint of shaving its corners off.
>>
>>45254583
Fucking roomies that don't pull their weight.
>>
>>45254647
> Deal with that. Play it like that.

Which is to deal with them in the same way that armed, dangerous psychopaths are dealt with in reality; civilized society sends people who are appropriately trained and equipped to deal with them.
>>
>>45253443
>Me neither, but imagine someone twisting the knife in you like that - and they're a player in your game, so she might still be there with all her bitterness and hurt.
I ended the game basically when that happened. She said it in front of the group. I ended session, had our fight, and never spoke to her again. It was pretty terrible.
>>
>>45254894
Depends on the setting. But, that's not my point --

If you send people after them, it should be because that is the natural consequence of their actions (assuming that's the kind of game you guys even want to play); not because you feel like you need to punish them.
>>
File: 1369013938019.jpg (60 KB, 991x631) Image search: [Google]
1369013938019.jpg
60 KB, 991x631
>>45253716
Damn..just...damn man. Those are some brutal stories.
Here. Have a Fennec Fox. Make it your next animal companion/familiar.
>>
File: 1368753976233.png (205 KB, 650x994) Image search: [Google]
1368753976233.png
205 KB, 650x994
>>45253586
> "quit crying and give us our reward. We deserve some thanks here, and all you can do is weep?"
Literally losing my shit right now.
Would smite 10/10
>>
>>45255385
I don't think I've ever seen /tg/ this supportive. Thanks a lot dudes.
Also, Fennec Foxses are adorable. I'll see if I can get my exalted character a fennec fox as familiar.
>>
>>45253352
>>What's the worst thing that a player's ever said to you out of character? What's the worst thing your character's ever been told in character?
>OOC: "You're the worst person I've ever met and played a game with. You wasted my time and my life and I'm never speaking to you again."
>It was my girlfriend.

This is why you don't ask if you can play a Loli character.
>>
>>45255651
generally you find a mixed bag of nuts here.

I've seen a few domesticated fennecs, their essentually cute and sleepy during the day, but their nocturnal, so expect them to be going full on roadrunner when night comes around.
>>
>>45253352
Oh yeah, what *is* the story behind that gf one?
>>
File: 1420008859147.png (50 KB, 350x362) Image search: [Google]
1420008859147.png
50 KB, 350x362
>>45253586
>you have GM'ed for years, no way any of us would want you as a player
Not really sure what the fuck this actually means.
Is it like you DM so you'd be a bad player?
what?
>>
>>45256153
Oh i know we're a mixed breed. I've been here for many years. Still something of a record.
>>
>>45255072
Do they not have police in the hole you live in, you dense fuck??

sage
>>
>>45261194
For some reason police has come to mean punishment for not doing what I like instead of consequences for doing stupid things. I have no idea why.
>>
>>45262074
>burning down a woman's house and killing her two children
GEE THAT ALMOST SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING POLICE WOULD WANT TO INVESTIGATE AND/OR STOP.

Especially when given that from their perspective, they'll find a burnt down house with two child sized bodies, and the dead/missing mother.

No, the police going after the players for this is absolutely a consequence for being dumb, you stupid cunt.
>>
>>45262537
Pretty sure I was being clear in agreeing with you there. you want this guy >>45255072
>>
>>45262537
That'd depend on how much their lives were "worth" within the setting.
Were these people valuable enough to risk going after a group of arsonists? And a PC-level agent?
I mean, if you are the DM then sure, do as you want. But can you justify sending an agent THAT powerful after them?
>>
>>45262851
>Killed a woman
>And two children
>And burnt down their house
>No indication that they won't do it again
>"Were these people valuable enough to risk going after a group of arsonists?"

Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>45262941
I assumed the campaign was taking place during the fictional "dung ages" where a lower class family being killed was not enough to justify an active hunt for the responsible ones. Much less so a (much less many) pc-level agent when all the apparent clues make it seem like it was a run-of-the-mill group of riders.
But divination magic would help justify it, i guess.
>>
>>45263217
Ah yes, the dung ages. When men were men. Women and children casualties and the only way for anyone to feed their family was banditry. Food only produced by the cruelest of serfdoms, the morally just rest producing just enough to feeds themselves and half of their children.
>>
>>45261194
>sage

Enjoy your ban.
>>
>>45263451
When weapons were more common than shovels.
When hygiene was something meant for prostitutes.
When as soon as a boy hit 14 years old they grew stubble, fat and ugly and lost all social grace.
>>
>>45252939

OOC: "If you keep going against my character, I'll get my husband to kick you out the game"

IC: "Read my lips: no dogs, no niggers, no orks. Now get the fuck outta here, tusk-tits."
>>
>>45263451
Nope, it was when men where farming equipment and militia if need be. Women were a combo of farming equipment/sewing machines/breeding tubes and kids were innocent blood to be spiled or larval stage for the before mentioned. Everything else is spot on.
A setting very common in this hobby actually. To the point that it is the most commonly assumed to be in use.
>>
>>45263630
Ah yes. I only thought out the so shit it's funny joke halfway through the post. Am I the only DM that actually make sure to fit rays of sunshine into my settings no matter the campaign?

Like how hard is it to describe a scene with a man walking around town with his child on his shoulders? Or a few soldiers talking about why they joined up and the answer is "I want to own a farm." or "I want to protect people."? I mean, even in apocalypse scenarios in the real world people try to make things better. Just look at any catastrophe or war zone.
>>
File: 1453436515958.png (660 KB, 685x549) Image search: [Google]
1453436515958.png
660 KB, 685x549
>>45252939
Definitely the worst, but more baffling than heartbreaking or outrageous:
>You guys aren't hardcore enough for me.
Said to a new player after a mere three sessions of D&D 3.5 wherein we negotiated with a crime lord, painstakingly mapped out trap-filled ruins, and fought a band of mercenaries statted out like PCs.

I guess I've played with pretty good people if that's the worst.
>>
File: 1450510181079.png (72 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1450510181079.png
72 KB, 251x242
>>45263551
both sound like a 10/10 gaming experience tbqh
>>
>>45263746
A setting where i don't have to go full genocide and mercy kill the peasants because their lives are so shit that a bloody death followed by afterlife is the most moral choice for me to do.
Sounds like a fantasy.
>>
>>45263903
Indeed. Im in the middle of a mid-apocalyptic campaign and still took a few seconds to describe two younglings finding love last session. It was nothing serious. Just them kissing outside of the gates. Took 4 seconds of game time. But it mattered for my players and these kind of things makes them actually want to defend their city.
Instead of bening bandits.
>>
>>45263898

wewlad/10, my keks were mighty rustled
>>
>>45253716
Where the fuck do you live?
>>
>>45252939

> We want this campaign to have an ending.
>>
>>45252939
>What's the worst thing that a player's ever said to you out of character?
Probably last session when our That Guy complained that he never gets any of the loot, even though the last time we were in a dungeon of the kind that spawned this, he took all the best stuff and bailed, leaving us to die (though the dragon was friendly), and proclaimed "I would have shared if you had asked!" The complaint of this last session was made while in-character he was shoveling oodles of mundane treasure into his bag of holding.

>What's the worst thing your character's ever been told in character?
No specific line comes to mind, but one character faked her death and got a Belt of Reverse Gender before coming back and helping convince the party I had killed her.
>When asked if guilty the irate Half-Elf Rogue eventually responded with "Bitch I might be!"
>>
>>45252939
>What's the worst thing that a player's ever said to you out of character?

"Why can't you be more like Ian? (other GM in our group) His campaigns are way better."

>What's the worst thing your character's ever been told in character?

"While your part in the operation proceeded flawlessly, the strike on the enemy command center failed. Our best intelligence reports a massive demon defeating the column from Alverstaff."

It's a very, very long story, but the short of it was that we missed some very important clues, and because of it, the whole plan to defeat the enemy and win the war fell flat on its face, due to a factor we could easily have prevented had we been a bit more astute. It was in one of Ian's campaigns, too.
>>
>>45269695

Feel free to spit it out. Story time is /tg/'s lifeblood.
>>
>>45269724

I've told it a few times before.

>Homebrew system.
>Magic is very powerful, but it's very ritualistic. You don't have spellslingers like you do in DnD who wander around and can blow up entire cities on a whim. Really powerful magic takes rare components, days to weeks of preparation, and it's the sort of system where there are mechanical incentives to cast the Big Evil Dark Doomsday spell on the stroke of midnight on the birthday of a major demon or something.
>We're basically special forces of one of the nations of the setting, a small power whose population is a bit more magically adept than most. We're part of a coalition that's fighting a group of people on this archipelago chain to the north of our main continent.
>We are getting our asses kicked, badly. They've got, by methods unknown, a way of cranking out subservient humanoid races to swell their ranks.
>Even this wouldn't ordinarily be enough though, we have a pretty serious edge in conventional magic, and it should be a simple matter to use large scale teleportation and the mobility advantage it confers to crush them, numerical advantage or no.
>However, they're not stupid, and they've got stuff that can cancel out teleportation effects, in a radius of several hundred miles. Expensive to build, but we're talking the output of some major nations.
>And so the course of the war generally goes, they build one of these command centers with a big blanker, they advance to the limit of its protective umbrella, stop, consolidate, build a new one, continue advancing.
>>
>>45270158
>>45269724
>Anyway, we're scouting along, and see signs that they're building a new one of these command posts, which would put our capital within range of its anti-teleportation effect.
>We could smash it up, but all that would do is buy a few months while they built a new one.
>No, instead, the Big Brass Bosses want us to time it *just* right so that the protection field goes down right when they're launching a major offensive at us but before our lines break, at which point we'll catch their army in the field with its proverbial pants down.
>This is hard, because by the time it gets that close to operation, it'll be heavily guarded: about 2,000 regular soldiers and a huge mob of undead, way too many for the 6 of us to fight through.
>However, we had some undefeated forces in the west, in a town called Alverstaff, they could menace the command center. And we had a small, ultra-elite force hidden not ten miles away, in a scry-resistant manor house that escaped detection. And the undead were linked to a liche, whom if we could assassinate, would revert to midnlessness.
>So the plan was as follows. We do recon and support and communication work, clear the path for our boys from Alverstaff to move. At the same time, we assassinate the liche. Either the garrison moves out to block our guys from Alverstaff and the hidden force overruns the post, or they don't, and the Alverstaff guys just sack it.
>We obsess over the liche because she was a PC from a previous campaign who betrayed us and turned evil.
>In so obsessing, we miss the significance of a number of magical materials the enemy had been bringing to a bridge between Alverstaff and Pradux, the nearest town to this post, which were used for demon summoning.
>>
>>45270158
>>45270179
>>45269724
>Our part, like I mentioned, goes perfectly. We storm the castle, we fight our way to the fourth floor, we barely manage to defeat Selene and her numerous minions, we sanctify her phylactery, and we think we've won.
>Pushing our way through her fortress took no less than 4 sessions, and by the time we entered, it was too late to do anything about what was going on further west.
>Undead all lapse into uselessness.
>The Alverstaff forces, however, run smack into a giant demon, who singlehandedly kicks the crap out of the entire army.
>As a result, the human portion of the garrison stays put, and promptly butchers our commando force.
>They take our capital and end most effective open resistance to their coalition.

And if we had figured it out, it would have been trivial to make a slight detour to the right bridge, smash up the crystals and carry off the incense and kill the few adepts guarding the bridge. But, we didn't, and for a bit over a month, Ian sits there with his perfect poker face having us fight this dungeon that doesn't mean a fucking damn thing, because we already lost the war. When we fully realized how badly it went down, well, it hurt, a lot.

We are talking a mass tantrum by 6 grown adults that lasted for maybe half an hour.
>>
>>45258640
Something about "you know system mechanics too well compared to us"

Still not sure why that is a problem.

I need myself some new friends.
>>
>>45252939
>"YOU only play thugs!"
That's when I learned not to be such a murderhobo.
Luckily, it was early on, and I had the excuse of being in high school at the time.
Some serious shit-talk went down in that group when one of the players turned out to be catfishing another, no joke.
I wasn't directly involved, but damn if I thought the team wasn't getting back together after that.
My worst group, honestly, but we were all bad in those days.

For the other one, one of my wizards got called a pussy and a bunch of other stuff, as well as his life threatened, by the half-elf fighter because Sirt Loudalot was tripping all of the traps and my cautious character got sick of that shit.
>>
>>45253254
Why didn't you beat him up and take his stuff

what a fagget
>>
>>45274712
Not all of us want to see the inside of prison, m8t.
>>
>>45267839
It's a pretty common law thing dude. Contracts don't need to be written.
>>
>>45274735
Yeah you are a pussy. waah waah help me state I can't protect my own life and property
>>
>>45253254
I had a roommate that did something similar, though not nearly that bad.

We had lived in an apartment together and decided not to renew our lease and move to separate places. His dumbass girlfriend had wrecked the place with her pets and I knew and was expecting to pay damages, but I never got any mail from them asking for payment so I figured they hadn't decided to pursue it.

Turns out the apartment manager had fucked up and ignored the forwarding address I left and sent the bill to my old roommates place. So I had this conversation about a year later.

>RM: "Yeah I got another letter from our old apartment, can you believe those fuckers?"
>Me: "What? Why are they sending you letters?"
>RM: "Yeah we had like $1,500 in damages, but I think it's bullshit so I've just been throwing um out. They sent me letters for you too."

Long story short, my credit was shit for awhile.
>>
>>45274830
You're an idiot. Enforcing contracts is like one of the main reasons civilization exists in the first place.
>>
>>45270201
>>45270179
>>45270158
Ouch. On one hand. That's a terrible feeling as a player.
On the other hand. That sounds like an awesome campaign and a great DM.

Don't feel to bad being compared to him. He sounds like the type of person that has been doing this for quite a while.
>>
>>45274810
yea scamming a charitable organization is a pretty big deal but what totalitarian hell hole do you come from that forces people to beg their employers for permission to eat or cloth themselves?
>>
>>45275603
He said supervisor, which I imagine is more like a parole officer or something who overlooks his finances to make sure he's not sneaking away money that's supposed to go towards his judgements. Similar things happen in the US
>>
>>45275469

Oh, it's not a question of experience. I am fully prepared to admit that Ian is an honest to god genius at this stuff, and by his second campaign, was already probably better than I am now, and I've been "doing this for quite a while".

It just kind of sucks sometimes, the feeling that I'm the "Guy who DMs while Ian plots out his next campaign"
>>
>>45275603
No where is sexual harassment illegal, Sweden?
>>
>>45256370
Basically, she and I were fighting out of game about something silly, scheduling to see each other I think. The game was also going pretty rough since the PCs were in some dire straights, due to actions they'd taken (this was a while ago, like 7 years, so I don't remember exactly; they stabbed a noble or something I think?). As the session progressed, she got more and more frustrated as nothing the PCs did worked, due to idiotic tactics and me being a bit of a hardass (I was frustrated too).

Eventually, she snapped and that was that. I learned my lesson: don't game with people you fuck and don't bring shit into the game from outside of it.

I contributed to the situation, though she very seriously overreacted. She never spoke to me again, for the record.
>>
>>45252939
I've been called a nigger and threatened with gun violence on numerous occassions by my ex-military DM.
>>
>>45263551
>OOC: "If you keep going against my character, I'll get my husband to kick you out the game"
Impressive. How'd you react?
>>
>>45252939

> "You know what happens to girls who are bad."
>>
>>45263551

> IC: "Read my lips: no dogs, no niggers, no orks. Now get the fuck outta here, tusk-tits."

This sounds reasonable, actually.
>>
>>45278575
So, uh.

IC or OOC?
>>
>>45254232

Why? They killed her in the end. Who would ever know? Things must be logical, not a reason for you to swing your e-penis around. Like, B must follow A. If they're terrible people but they're smart about it, no-one will ever know.
>>
>>45278599

IC. Basically, one PC polymorphed into the villainess' abusive father to, uh, abuse her to death. I stopped another player from turning her into a child and the other PC into her mother, because holy fuck.
>>
>>45278709
That's certainly an interesting approach, I suppose.
>>
>>45278709
I sure am glad I don't game with total fuckheads.
>>
>>45278709
I want to know more.
>>
>>45274830
yeah we should all buy militias and guns and use our militias and guns to shoot at other people's militias whilst they also shoot at us with their guns. fuck the gubermant
>>
>>45252939
After thinking for a while im happy to say i cant really remember anything overtly awful being said at the table. Pros of playing with established friends i guess.
>>
File: 22084-10776-16690.jpg (17 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
22084-10776-16690.jpg
17 KB, 320x240
>>45253433
>Not the dark broody type
>a witch picked my heart out of my chest though kept me alive
>>
Out of character?
Two of my players were roomates.
One of them accidentally burned down their house when he was trying to make french fries.
>>
>>45278614
It's a world of magic. When the authorities realize there are senseless murders going on, they'll have someone cast Speak With Dead on the victims.
>>
>>45263551
Story time?
>>
>>45278224
Not if youre a 25 year old imigrant posing as a 16 year old kid.
>>
>>45252939
>worst thing out of character
I ended up getting his character killed but the situation proceeded by it was funny and we started laughing. He didn't take his character dying so well and outbursted
"You're fucking laughing but almost twice a week I fuck your girl"
Everyone tells him he's gone too far but it's not a lie and continues to go into detail.

He then spends the following months wondering why no one wants to associate with him and why he's not allowed back at the session and why we don't hang out anymore.

IC
"How can you prove people wrong when you can't even amount to your failure of a father."
Said to me when my adventure motivation being to prove that my father wasn't worthless because he ventured out and never came back.

Not that bad, but the worst I can think of. We don't really say much nasty shit to eachother IC.
>>
>>45284925
Holy fuck what a weird guy, how did he even manage to stick his dick in a chick?
>>
>>45284980
I dunno, it's weird too because we all call him a cunt and don't see 'em for a week. Then he's coming around like, "I made a mistake, mistakes happen." and "You're really not going to let me play over something like this?" like it is something that is easy to gloss over. Like he spilled a drink on the rug or broke the dishes.
>>
>>45284925
>Everyone tells him he's gone too far but it's not a lie and continues to go into detail.

top fucking kek

I hope you beat the fucking shit out of him, destroyed his vehicle if he'd drove it there, and then broke up with your gf on the spot.
>>
>>45285090
Well, that sounds like typical sociopath behaviour.
>>
>>45285195
I cursed him out and let him leave because I'm a 5'10" white beta nerd with no muscle definition who spent most of his life sitting..

I did break up with my girlfriend over the phone that night and honestly thought maybe he was lying but turns out she can fuck behind my back for weeks but can't handle a single phone call as soon as I bring him up.
I think that is what pissed me off the most, is someone who can't even keep their composure when ordering fucking ice-cream managed to be a fucking slut who sleeps around and can look you dead in the eye and say I love you.
>>
>>45285327
>I cursed him out and let him leave because I'm a 5'10" white beta nerd with no muscle definition who spent most of his life sitting..

You should have just bottled him desu. If you're that much of a pussy you could have at least committed a few felonies to fuck with him in various ways. Steal his mail, slash his tires, light some of his shit on fire, whatever. Now I understand why your gf was fucking him, and don't feel bad for you any more. If you literally will not stand up for yourself when someone cucks you and laughs about it in your face you should seriously consider abstaining from having children, for the good of the species.

But women are literally always whores who do what you described in the 2nd half of your post, so at least now you know.
>>
File: AbsolutelyDisgusting.jpg (13 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
AbsolutelyDisgusting.jpg
13 KB, 240x320
>>45285453
You know I never realized how much /r9k/ucks sound like trashy facebook bloggers until I read this post
>>
>>45253352
Thats some "The day I destroyed your village was the worst day of your life. For me, it was a Tuesday." shit right there.
>>
>>45285453
>show how alpha you are by doing a bunch of petty shit he cant trace back to you
Holy fuck, you are pathetic.

>>45285666
Satanposter confirms.
>>
>>45285666

I don't visit /r9k/.

>>45286139

>Let people walk all over you because that's mature and you should take the high road, after all it would be mean to do anything

If he can trace it back to you, or you do it immediately, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>45286239
So you want to get revenge but are far too cowardly to actually stand up to him? Yeah, stealing his mail will totally make him regret fucking your girl.
>>
File: bretty gud.jpg (14 KB, 326x190) Image search: [Google]
bretty gud.jpg
14 KB, 326x190
>>45286239
>>45285453
>literally throw away your life over macho compensation
>being the archetype of an internet tough guy
>posting like a blueballed robot

This can't be bait. I want to belieeeeeeve
>>
>>45286305
>So you want to get revenge but are far too cowardly to actually stand up to him?

Did you even read my first post? I said he should have beat him or bottled him. If you can't do that because you are too much of a bitch to stand up to him, then at least cause him an exorbitant amount of hardship for fucking with you. It doesn't matter if he knows why; he won't regret it anyway. He wouldn't regret it if you literally killed his family in front of him. All that matters is that he suffers by some means, eventually.

>>45286337
>throw away your life

If you get caught. Don't get caught. How hard is that to understand? Ideally you would wait until someone else got into an altercation with him, and then start doing it. Failing that, just wait until it's been so long without contact that he forgets you even exist.
>>
>>45286337
You are right, don't waste your life over something something some hoe did.

ricin however is untraceable
>>
>>45278425
What for?
And are you actually black?
>>
>>45278325
>don't game with people you fuck and don't bring shit into the game from outside of it.
The second part is enough.
>>
File: TheElfKnowsTooMuch.png (201 KB, 478x562) Image search: [Google]
TheElfKnowsTooMuch.png
201 KB, 478x562
>>45258640
It's probably that they think you have a few issues as a GM that they would not want to deal with when you're a player.

Either that or they may think you're a terrible DM, but you're the only DM they got. I know nothing of you or your situation, so take it with a grain of salt.

I myself have a foreverDM whom really hates to DM anything partaining to stealth or teamplay, and the few times he is playing, It's always a hamfisted berserker whom trolls the stealthies by screaming loudly and punching down doors due to "in character boredom."

But dude is my best friend and I'd never tell that to his face.
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.