[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Become The Vampire Quest 37
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16
File: OP Image.png (115 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
OP Image.png
115 KB, 894x894
Become The Vampire 37

Sammy curls up on the bed and pulls a blanket over herself, and you pause for a moment to consider the best approach.

“Come on, sleepyhead. If you don't wake up then I'll have to wake you up the hard way. I don't think I've shown you yet, but I've got magic to spare, and if I need to use it to get you out of bed then I will.”

Sammy looks at you and grumbles.

“Can't you just go by yourself? I'm comfortable, and I'm enjoying a lazy afternoon after all that fighting earlier...”

You pat her gently on the head and ruffle her hair a little.

“I'm going with Catherine to get supplies, so I won't be going alone, but she doesn't want to go with just me because she's nervous. Plus I'm pretty sure that you'd rather go with us, right?”

Sammy sits up and nods, suddenly alert.

“Yeah, I...”

She blushes softly and chuckles.

“Stupid jealousy thing... I trust you, and I know nothing is going to happen, rationally, but... You're right, I'd prefer tagging along.”

She uses the blanket like a robe and heads for her dresser, and you turn away to give her privacy, texting Catherine that you've got your third person and that you'll meet her at the bus in a bit. She responds that she'll be there soon, and you pocket your phone, waiting for Sammy. When she taps you on the shoulder you turn around, and she pecks you on the lips before heading for the door.

“Ready when you are.”

You take a moment to look her over. Her outfit is cute without being over the top, and you follow after her with a smile. Maybe, just maybe, this will all go smoothly, and no one will argue with anyone, and you'll get to just shop for what you need without any tension in the air. You head for the bus stop, full of hope, and spot Catherine waiting by the bus stop in a blue dress, holding her book bag with both hands and looking like she's about to die of embarrassment. Sammy turns to you and folds her arms.

“Well, it's a good thing that I came along then, huh.”
>>
You sigh softly and head to the bus stop, waving at Catherine and smiling. She gives you a small wave in return and seems to relax a bit when she spots Sammy.

“H-Hi there... Um... A-Are we ready to go...?”

Sammy circles around Catherine slowly, hand on her chin, before she walks back over to you and gives you a slight nod. Catherine looks deeply confused and a little worried.

“We're ready to go. No problems.”

>Character sheet
http://pastebin.com/4Z1StvHC
>Rules
Same system as Become The Dragon Quest. If you don't know what that is, it's best of three d20 rolls. I name a stat that sums up what you're trying to do, and if I don't name a relevant skill, you try to fill in the blank based on what you're trying to accomplish. “Break open the door” might be Strength based, but if you've been playing baseball after school and there's a lead pipe nearby, you could apply your Baseball skill to the roll. A 20 on the die is a crit threat, and if either of the other two rolls is 20 or higher after mods, it's a critical. A crit fail is when you have two or more 1s. So far this system has worked out well enough. We'll get into combat rules as needed, but in basic terms you have wounds, not HP, and the worse the wounds, the more penalties you accrue while doing other things.

Most Important Rule:
Have fun.

>Sammy, don't be weird and jealous. We're just friends.
>Sorry about that, Catherine, Sammy's just a little protective is all.
>Let's get moving.
>Text Sammy, ask her what she was doing
>Text Catherine, ask her what's going on
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45114112
Hooray! New thread!
>>
>>45114112
>>
>>45114112
>>Sorry about that, Catherine, Sammy's just a little protective is all.

Werewolf thing, pretty sure she was trying to see if you'd try and take her spot in the "pack"
>>
>>45114112
>>
File: were-doomed.png (96 KB, 318x470) Image search: [Google]
were-doomed.png
96 KB, 318x470
>>45114112

Yandere Sammy when?
>>
>>45114112
>>Sorry about that, Catherine, Sammy's just a little protective is all.
>Let's get moving.
Oh Sammy...
>>
>>45114353
>>45114377
We Just need to act like an alpha wolf and put in her bitch ass in place. Maybe nip her ears when she acts up.
>>
>>45114410
I forget, we haven't officially claimed her, right? Because that would probably solve a lot of issues.
>>
>>45114353
Starting to think each of Athena's future moms correspond to one of the seven sins.

>>45114458
Improving her self-esteem and fixing her curse so she doesn't have to fight it's impulses constantly would also help.
>>
You sigh softly and smile at Catherine.

“Sorry about that. Sammy's just protective.”

Catherine tilts her head slightly.

“I-I don't have any weapons or anything on me... A-And I'd lose in a fight with her...”

You shake your head.

“Not that kind of... Well, actually, probably that kind of protective as well. But I think she was just-”

Sammy covers your mouth with her hand.

“That is quite literally the worst thing you could bring up right now.”

Sammy takes out her phone and types out a message to you, holding it up for you to see.

“The dress is older than she is. Hand-me-down. Probably from her mom or something. She's not wearing it because she wants to. She'll probably pass out if you bring up dating or anything. Can't exactly ask her that though, she'd probably just get flustered.”

She uncovers your mouth and pockets her phone, briefly tapping her nose.

“That's why I did it.”

You can see the bus approaching, and Sammy stands by the edge of the road while Catherine looks at you, puzzled.

“I still don't quite get it...”

>Let's hit the shops and try to keep things sane and sensible.
>Text Catherine about what Sammy mentioned, ask about the dress
>Compliment Catherine
>Try to smooth things over a bit, make up a reason for Sammy inspecting her
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45114410
That would rile her up rather than put her in her place.

>>45114458
You have, by technicality, but that's only by werewolf standards, and Sammy is waiting for a proper answer on Oliver's terms rather than something he bumbled into, especially after what he told her.
>>
>>45114519
>>Try to smooth things over a bit, make up a reason for Sammy inspecting her
Oh, poor Catherine.... Maybe make up something like making sure Cat was okay? I mean, it's reasonable to be worried after what Oliver saved her from, plus it folds into why Sammy is being protective. Plays it off as not protective of Oliver, but Cat instead.
>>
>>45114519
>>
>>45114519
>Compliment Catherine
>other
That is a lovely dress but would you be more comfortable in pants since we'll be working? Want to stop by a shop and maybe pick up some supplies as well?
>>
>>45114519
>>
Schmooze roll, +1
>>
Rolled 3 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>45114647
>>
Rolled 11 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>45114647
>>
Rolled 11 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>45114647
LIE
>>
File: 1444515043682.jpg (30 KB, 515x650) Image search: [Google]
1444515043682.jpg
30 KB, 515x650
>>45114667
>>45114676
always with the double rolls in this quest...
>>
>>45114587
We should probably text Sammy with what we saved her from if we go with that. The fact that we have confirmed vampire assassins after us and they can probably do illusions (I'd imagine most disguise spells don't hide smell enough to trick a werewolf) as another potential reason, but I don't think we told Sammy about that either.
>>
>>45114733
Also Dracula. And a reaper.
Oliver lives a complicated life.
Still, hopefully his own cabin will allow for some peace and quiet and time to study vampire bloodlines using unwilling but helpful volunteers.
>>
You shrug slightly.

“I think she was just giving you a once over to make sure you're alright. I mean, you look pretty nervous.”

Catherine fidgets a little.

“I-I appreciate the gesture then...”

You nod and move next to Sammy, and Catherine positions herself on the other side of Sammy. As the bus pulls up you get on board, and Sammy and Catherine take the seat across from you. Sammy pulls out her phone and they exchange numbers before quietly chatting back and forth, with Sammy occasionally glancing your way and smiling.

>Try to listen in on their conversation discretely
>Just ask them what they're talking about
>Let them have their bonding moment in peace, things seem to be going well
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45114801

Not in the jealous boyfriend way, but the bored and curious way.
>>
Why is Sammy assuming we're in a relationship?
>>
>>45114801
>Let them have their bonding moment in peace, things seem to be going well
>>
>>45114801
>>
>>45114821
Because we said we'd give it another shot and we got intimate?
>>
>>45114821
Why are you assuming we aren't?
>>
>>45114801
>>
>>45114801
>>Try to listen in on their conversation discretely
I'm still wondering what Jennifer and Sammy were talking about when Oliver first brought Athena home.
>>
Sneak roll plus Conceal, +4
Sleuth roll plus Perception, +2
>>
Rolled 8 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45114943
Sneak
>>
Rolled 3 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45114821
Because they are? Absolutely nothing Oliver has done has even slightly implied that they aren't dating.

>>45114943
>>
>>45114870
We said we aren't.
>>
>>45114801

inb4: Sammy making death threats to cath if she even consider Oliver as a possible lover.
>>
Rolled 9 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45114943
Sleuth
>>
Rolled 9 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45114943
>Sleuth roll plus Perception, +2
>>
Rolled 11 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45114943
stealth
>>
Rolled 1 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45114943
Like a snake
>>
>>45114996
I will not roll anymore. Also thank god it doesn't count.
>>
Rolled 20 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45114943
sleuther
>>
>>45114984
>>45114971
The double rolls are real.
>>
>>45114969
Then we said we'd give it another chance and went on a really nice date and comforted her after Norton was a bitchface and had loving oral sex wherein we made sure that we didn't take advantage of her condition and go too far.

Totally irrational for either of them to consider that a romantic relationship, though.
>>
>>45114989
So 15 Stealth
>>45115024
and 22 Sleuth

>>45115047
and mine is always one of them... I'm just not gonna roll for a bit...
>>
>>45115024
God dammit Oliver. Stop being so good.
>>
You sit back and relax, leaning in slightly to try to hear what they're talking about. Mostly they're talking about history class, but as the ride goes on the topic shifts to you, and Catherine confides in Sammy about what happened in the hall, with the snake man and his brutish friend. Sammy spares you another glance and smiles a bit, before pressing for a few details and offering her own story. You just know this is going to feed into Sammy's image of you as a hero to no end. Sammy makes an offhand comment about the dress and offers to go shopping with Catherine for other clothes to work in, which Catherine agrees to instantly. As the ride comes to an end Sammy gets to her feet and stretches a little.

“So, we're gonna go get a few odds and ends. Mind if we wander off and meet up with you in a little while?”

>We should stick together. I'll go with you.
>We're here for supplies, we should stay focused.
>Go right ahead. I'll stay in touch if anything happens.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45115159
Good, good...
>>
>>45115159
Have me on speed dial. It seems like whenever we go somewhere and split up one of us gets jumped.
>>
>>45115159
Aw, Sammy found a new friend!
>>
>>45115186
Supporting
>>
You nod and smile, heading off the bus.

“Go do your thing, I'll catch up with you guys in a little while. Stay in touch, alright? And stay safe.”

Sammy nods, and Catherine gives you a slight wave as you get off the bus and look around. The shopping district is the next stop over, but that's all clothes and furniture and stuff. Before all that you need practical things, like blankets and camping gear and basic supplies. You don't have too much free spending money at the moment, and you'll probably have to dip into your school fund if you want to get fancy.

>Basic stuff, only what can be afforded, endure the inconveniences
>Get some high end supplies but nothing too extravagant, stuff that will last
>Go all out, this is going to be a future base of operations, it needs the very best
>Steal stuff and pay only for what you can't sneak out
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45115333
>Get some high end supplies but nothing too extravagant, stuff that will last
>Grab a few smaller items if we think we have a good shot to get away with it.
>>
>>45115333
>>Get some high end supplies but nothing too extravagant, stuff that will last
Hopefully we can magic together stuff that we really need but can't buy
>>
>>45115360
Some light theft for spice is nice
>>
>>45115333
>>45115360
This
>>
In terms of smaller items, are we talking candy bars or expensive gear that'll fit in your pocket like a sturdy hunting knife?
>>
>>45115541
Is Oliver's upgraded blood magic capable of making a decent knife?
>>
>>45115541
Expensive stuff, speaking as someone who works in a chain store, They won't call the cops until we're almost outside the store, and we can run fast.
>>
>>45115564
Would you care to test it and find out?
>>
>>45115607
I certainly would! We haven't gotten to play with it much, I wanna see how far we can take it.
>>
>>45115582
Be careful, this is America, civvies will try to shoot shoplifters to death because they can.
>>
>>45115642
Fair enough. Spirit roll, +2

Oliver would have likely found time to at least give this ability a rudimentary test, so let's see what we're working with.
>>
Rolled 19 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45115753
Given I work in the Deep South of America, I can tell you, you are vastly overstating the gun love.

>>45115775
spirit
>>
Rolled 6 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45115775
>>
Rolled 6 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45115775
blooood
>>
File: 1441338304594.jpg (42 KB, 413x434) Image search: [Google]
1441338304594.jpg
42 KB, 413x434
>>45115786
>>45115775
I'd say he's working with quite a fucking bit!
>>
>>45115792
>>45115803
Again more doubles. Thank goodness I rolled that 19
>>
Oliver's blood magic can form stable, solid objects, up to about a cubic meter total before the amount of blood in his body is officially too low to support him. The objects remain solid for as long as Oliver can concentrate on them, turning back into liquid blood if he's unable to maintain even the slightest amount of focus. Any sudden shocks or surprises that draw his full attention can lead to his tools crumbling, but so long as he isn't utterly rattled he's fine. Due to the nature of blood magic, the objects have a distinct magical aura that is exactly the same as Oliver's, leaving no question as to their origin.

Oliver can form complex tools and contraptions so long as he can visualize all the moving parts involved. Simpler shapes are easier to form and can be made much more quickly than intricate devices. It's faster and easier to make a hammer than a clock, for instance. Size plays little role in how long it takes, but the more blood Oliver takes out of himself the more he strains himself. If Oliver loses focus and can't reclaim his missing blood, the penalty from blood loss will stick until he regenerates his blood over time, with the penalty decreasing each hour.

So, what are you stealing?
>>
>>45116065
GPS, Pocket torch, flashlight
>>
>>45116065
Small valuable important things. Maybe a pack of cards to bribe Meliora with and few candy bars too.
>>
>>45116100
why a flashlight? He can produce fire on command.
What he needs is fuel for his lighter
>>
>>45116065
GPS, small Maglight, matches. Things that aren't tools we can make with blood, either because chemical composition or technology issues.
>>
Luck roll
>>
>>45116124
And if we need light in a area of flammable gas?
>>
Rolled 14 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45116163
Sneak
>>
Rolled 5 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45116163
sneak
>>
Rolled 14 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45116163
Sneaky sneaky
>>
Rolled 19 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45116163
Sleuth

Would theft be more envy or greed, do you think?
>>
Rolled 13 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45116163
sleuth
>>
Rolled 14 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45116163
Sleuth
>>
Rolled 17 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45116163
sleuth
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>45116163
Luck
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>45116163
lucky!
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>45116163
>Luck
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>45116163
Luck
>>
>>45116193
>>45116202
Again double roll... this thread...
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>45116163
LUCK
>>
>>45116193
>>45116202
sneak 18

>>45116232
sleuth 19

>>45116254
luck 16
Not bad
>>
>>45116193
>>45116209
>>45116254

We good, y'all
>>
>>45116286
Sleuth is 21.
>>
You head for a sports supply store and wander around for a bit, asking the people in the shop where various items are and making use of the time they spend hunting things down for you to pocket a few select items. You've got Miniora for your tech needs, but having a few spare gadgets around wouldn't hurt, so you snag yourself a fancy new GPS and a flashlight while no one is looking, along with a pack of trading cards for Meliora and some candy. You also help yourself to a small jewelry box that you spot by the counter for good measure, and then pay for the supplies the staff have been carting around for you.

You load up your new, extra-large camping backpack with your sleeping bags, tent kit, water purifier, blankets and trail rations, and you head off to a few other stores to repeat the process, loading up with more food and drinks, toiletries and other odds and ends. With your shopping and larceny complete you check your phone and find that Miniora has cannibalized the GPS and is in the process of upgrading it, your phone stuck to the other device. You check your text messages and find one from Sammy asking where you are, and you let her know you're all set to go.

>Ask Sammy's cousin for a ride to the cabin
>Head out on foot and hike there
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45116254
for fucking once this thread I managed not to roll a double
>>
>>45116472
>>
>>45116472
>>Ask Sammy's cousin for a ride to the cabin
the Wolfes already know where the place is
>>
>>45116472
>>
>>45116472
>>
>>45116472
>you check your phone and find that Miniora has cannibalized the GPS and is in the process of upgrading it, your phone stuck to the other device
The phone is yandere.
>>
>>45116472
>Text Sammy asking what she and Catherine want to do.
>>
>>45116526
Superior Waiphone.
>>
Strength roll plus Endurance, +1
>>
Rolled 2 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>45116571
>>
Rolled 7 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>45116571
>>
Rolled 6 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>45116571
>>
>>45116599
We weak.
>>
>>45116589
>>45116599
>>45116613
Little annoying, but eh, better now than when we were in bed with wolfu.
>>
>>45116599
And Oliver is promptly made to look like a bitch as Catherine and Sammy haul everything themselves

>>45116639
anon speaks true
>>
>>45116639
>>45116648
We tired ourselves out pleasing Sammy.
>>
You meet up with Sammy and Catherine, both of whom are wearing much more practical outfits, and explain your plan to hike out there to see how long it will take, and to make sure that it's a valid plan for the future. Sammy rolls her eyes a bit.

“We bought jeans and t-shirts so we could work on the cabin, this isn't exactly hiking attire. I mean, we'll be fine in this weather, but couldn't we just get a ride there?”

Catherine smiles shyly.

“I-I think it's a good plan. It means that in the future, if he can't get a ride then he knows if he can just walk, right?”

You nod.

“That's part of it. I also don't want to have to tell everyone about what I'm doing. I want it to be a secret, if possible.”

Sammy sighs and hangs her head.

“Alright, but you're gonna regret it...”

Sammy couldn't have been more right. Catherine starts to give out a bit as you get a third of the way there, but by the halfway point you ache all over from carrying the heavy backpack around, and you have to hand it off to Sammy for the rest of the way. She takes it, along with Catherine's bag, and spends the rest of the walk with a bit of a smug smile on her face. She told you so, and she doesn't even need to say it.

It takes about an hour on foot to reach the cabin, most of the walk consisting of following the roads to the Wolfe family home. About forty minutes in Sammy leads you off the road and through the woods, which quickly turns into a trek through dense foliage. Bringing Andrea along as some point to tame this stuff might be a good future project, assuming you don't just cut it all out by hand. And then, in the distance, you spot it.
>>
The cabin is actually pretty big, a two-story lodge in the middle of a clearing. There's a stone chimney that has seen better days, the windows are mostly boarded up, and there are what look like claw marks around the edges of the ground floor, mainly around the front door and some of the windows. The wood looks sturdy and solid, but without any sort of care or upkeep it'll quickly fall apart, and you can already tell it'll be drafty inside.

>Set up the tent and supplies inside the cabin, out of sight
>Set up outside in case it all goes horribly wrong
>Worry about the tent and stuff later, explore the place
>Take some time to rest and recover before you do any more work
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45116874
>>Worry about the tent and stuff later, explore the place
>>
>>45116874
>>
>>45116874
>>
>>45116874
>Set up outside in case it all goes horribly wrong

Rest is for the weak and for those who have parents to tuck then in the bed.
>>

Anything in particular you're looking for?
>>
Rolled 9 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45116995
Nah, just sorta checking it out, and looking for a good room for a magic lab.
>>
Rolled 4 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45116995
>>
Rolled 8 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45116995
Issues with the foundation, what sort of pest infestations there are, a catalogue of what parts of the walls/roof can be salvaged and what needs to be replaced, electrical systems, hidden rooms, how in-tact is the chimney, stuff along that vein.
>>
File: Tsuyu Asui 023.png (147 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Tsuyu Asui 023.png
147 KB, 512x512
>>45117051
>>45117044
>>45117026
Oh lord..
>>
>>45117161
Don't worry. We have Sammy and Catherine here to pick up the slack.
>>
>>45117161
Don't worry, this is why we brought Catherine along.
>>
You head inside the cabin and turn to Sammy.

“I'm gonna look around inside for a bit, see if there's anything obvious we need to fix.”

Sammy nods, setting down the backpack.

“Alright then. I'll be out here with Catherine. I think she could do with a rest.”

Catherine looks a bit dazed, her legs wobbling, and she falls to her knees before collapsing, panting quietly.

“I-I can't feel my feet...”

Sammy chuckles a bit.

“We'll join you in a little bit, alright?”

You nod and head inside. The place is a little musty, but nothing a little sprucing up couldn't fix. There are more gouges in the walls here and there, but aside from the house settling on its foundations a bit you don't notice anything too out of place. The décor strikes you as odd though. Stephen said it was an old hunting lodge, but you don't see any hunting supplies. It looks more like a quaint cottage in the woods than somewhere you'd haul a freshly killed deer to for drinks and a cookout.

You head back outside, where Catherine is eating a protein bar and sipping water, and sit down with the girls to discuss your next move. Sammy wants to start setting up camp right away so it won't be a concern later, while Catherine wants to examine as much as possible before it gets dark out since crashing in the cabin for the night is also an option.

>Let's make camp first, we don't want to be doing that in the dark
>Let's divide up the work and do both at once.
>Let's do what we came here to do, the place looks solid and we can rest inside if need be
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45117327
>>Let's make camp first, we don't want to be doing that in the dark
>>
>>45117327
>>
>>45117327
>>
>>45117327
>Let's divide up the work and do both at once.
Oliver and Sammy can handle setting up the camp while Catherine looks around.
>>
>>45117327
ll do the tents together than Sammy can take Catherine in in case we missed anything dangerous. Oliver continues setup alone
>>
>>45117327

We can make it faster with the three of us working on it.
>>
Back in a moment, food time.
>>
>>45117397
>splitting the party
>in a abandoned cabin in the woods.

Wolf territory or not they still have invaders.
>>
>>45117464
It's not far enough apart for me to consider it splitting.
>>
>>45117464
I'm sorta worried the Wolfes just killed whoever lived here before...
I'm sure there's some dark secret involved.
>>
>>45117527
This gives me more blair witch fells. Also we should ward the fuck out the place.
>>
>>45117776
Indeed. Runic wards all over the place.
>>
>>45117828
Do we even know how to make stable wards?
>>
>>45117776
agreed. I don't want us waking up to stick people. That's bullshit.
>>
>>45117841
It's instinctive, and we've been studying it every night.
>>
>>45117923
Don't you need to know the primary runes used in the spell from dreams and it's just the bridge runes that are instinctual?
>>
>>45118002
Yes, but it's been a full week since we tried a spell and we've been studying it every night. We don't have a list of everything we know.
>>
“We should focus on survival needs first. We'll make camp and we'll worry about the cabin later. We're just here for an initial inspection anyway, it's not like it's going to take us all day and night.”

Catherine nods slightly.

“Alright.”

She gets to her feet, wobbles, and sits back down.

“I-I'll just... be here...”

Sammy pats her shoulder.

“Take it easy for now. I can do all the heavy lifting for both of you.”

She gives you a wink and a smirk before getting to work on the tent. You start unpacking and sorting the rest of the supplies, and Catherine sets about arranging her books and notes. After about an hour of work you've got the tent up, the sleeping bags unfurled, the food and water properly stowed away inside the tent, and all the rest of your supplies carefully arranged. Sammy looks up at the sky and sighs.

“We've got maybe an hour of daylight left. What should we do?”

You pass out the flashlights for safety before pausing to consider your next move. It'll be dark inside the cabin before the sun sets, so exploring now won't be much different than doing it at night, but you feel a certain sense of dread about exploring an abandoned cabin in the dark.

>Let's put it aside until morning
>Let's give it a once over before it gets dark
>We're here to inspect it, and it's not like anything is in there. Let's explore the whole cabin.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45118258
>>Let's give it a once over before it gets dark
>>
>>45118258
>Let's give it a once over before it gets dark
>>
>>45118258
Once around the outside then
>We're here to inspect it, and it's not like anything is in there. Let's explore the whole cabin.
>>
>>45118258
>>
>>45118258
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
Sleuth roll plus Perception, +4
Luck roll
>>
>>45118258
Is Presence still with us? She can check out the new house too, and set booby traps in the woods.
>>
Rolled 14 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45118466
Sleuth
>>
Rolled 6 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45118466
sleauth
>>
Rolled 16 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45118466
Sleuth
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>45118466
Luck
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>45118466
Luck
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>45118466
Lucky rabbits foot
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>45118466
luck
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>45118466
luck
>>
>>45118466
>>45118500
20 sleuth
>>45118543
18 luck

Damn it Oliver, you've GOT to have some sort of holy blessing.
>>
>>45118607
Too bad our it doesn't extend to our physical stats.
>>
>>45118607
It's waaaay more likely to be unholy, given the demon communing and vampire mother maybe still being alive
>>
>>45118627
Well, based on our past, it's not surprising. We can always suit up if we need strength.

>>45118649
I'd actually say we've got some sort of Fae blessing, since Luck's supposed to be neutral.
>>
>>45118500
>>45118483
Call us 'Sherlock Oliver'
>>
Wait a minute

Tenten is a JEWFU

She offered us a DISCOUNT at her store for our birthday, instead of a gift. What sort of scrooge mcduckian hell did she crawl out of?
>>
>>45118726
Friend, you may be in the wrong thread...
>>
“Let's do a quick walk around the outside and then check inside the house.”

Catherine nods slightly and gets to her feet, leaning on Sammy a bit.

“I'll check for structural damage and anything obviously in need of replacing...”

You nod and head for one side of the building.

“And I'll look for anything that I think could do with remodeling or changing for cosmetic purposes, or just so there's more space inside to work with.”

Sammy and Catherine head to the other side and you begin making your way around the cabin. More scratch marks, and a door leading to a cellar of some sort. There's a rusted lock and a heavy metal chain holding it closed, but the hinges look like they're falling apart. You keep walking and make a mental note to check it out later, circling to the back of the cabin. There's a door to get inside from the back porch, which was, at one point, screened off to keep out bugs. The screen has since been ripped to shreds by... something.

As you come around the other side you find Catherine inspecting the chimney and making notes while Sammy sifts through some stones and chunks of cement that look like they fell off it at some point. Catherine barely seems to notice you, and Sammy looks like she's getting bored already. She sets down the stones she was examining and turns towards you.

“Anything so far? See anything you want to work on first?”

>I want to see what's in the cellar I found
>I think the back porch could be remodeled easily enough
>If the chimney needs repairing, that's a priority
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45118726
Who?
>>
>>45118726
Kek
>>
>>45118726
Welcome, weary traveler of the internet. Methinks you need a cup of coffee.
>>
>>45118726
Wrong story, mate

>>45118746
>>
File: 1445107668551.jpg (367 KB, 1024x1737) Image search: [Google]
1445107668551.jpg
367 KB, 1024x1737
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>45118692
Or we just have "The Devil's Luck".
>>
>>45118746
>>
>>45118746
>>
>>45118746
>>
>>45118785
He said while rolling a 13
>>
>>45118746
>>I want to see what's in the cellar I found
Klaatu Barada Nikto, fuckers
>>
>>45118839
But Meliora isn't there, anon.
>>
File: 1445186995428.jpg (41 KB, 499x341) Image search: [Google]
1445186995428.jpg
41 KB, 499x341
>>45118746
>If the chimney needs repairing, that's a priority.

Light and heat are a pretty good thing to have.
>>
>>45118868
I was thinking more Evil Dead
>>
“I found a locked cellar, and I wanna check it out. The lock is rusted over, but the hinges are pretty beaten up. We could break it open easily enough.”

Sammy perks up a little.

“I used to come play around here when I was little, I don't think I've ever been down there. It could be kinda fun.”

Catherine nods.

“I'll keep working around here, if you want to go exploring... Just stay safe, and if anything creaks or cracks, don't stay underneath anything.”

>Let's go, Sammy
>I was actually gonna go alone while Sammy helps you work
>We should all go as a group
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45118877
That's not the biggest reason why repairing a chimney is usually a high priority.
>>
>>45118940
>Let's go, Sammy
Catherine the password is Spoomoni, aight? If you here someone and they don't say that, either magic them or run.
>>
>>45118940
>>
>>45118968
Care to enlighten us?
>>
>>45118940
>>
>>45118940
>>We should all go as a group
no, fuck you, we are NOT splitting the party
>>
>>45118940
I don't want to explain to the mermaid court why Catherine got eaten.
>>
>>45118940
>I was actually gonna go alone while Sammy helps you work
>>
>>45119001
It's because a chimney can collapse relatively easily if not in a proper state of repair and that's both fatally dangerous and extremely damaging to the building.
>>
>>45119061
Oh okay. Thanks for the extra knowledge
>>
“Actually, we should probably all go as a group. I don't want anything happening to anyone.”

Sammy helps Catherine to her feet, and she pockets her notes.

“I'd just like it to be on the record... I don't really like dark places...”

Sammy shrugs a bit.

“It'll be fine. I mean, it's not like the place is going to collapse on top of us, right?”

Catherine hesitates, before nodding slowly.

“It seems structurally sound to me...”

You lead the pair over to the entrance to the cellar.

“And if something does happen to go wrong, we'll be right there to help each other.”

Catherine relaxes a little bit at that, and smiles softly. You turn your attention to the lock and hinges, trying to come up with a suitable solution.

>Blood crowbar
>Hit the hinges with a rock
>Grab the handles and pull
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45119417
>>>Blood crowbar
Might as well.
>>
>>45119417
>Hit the hinges with a rock
>>
>>45119417
>Blood crowbar
WE. HAVE, THE. POWA.
>>
>>45119417
>Blood crowbar
>>
>>45119417
>>Blood crowbar
>>
Spirit roll, +2
Strength roll, +0
>>
Rolled 17 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45119637
sprite
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>45119637
Stren
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>45119637
strength
>>
Rolled 7 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45119637
Spirit
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>45119637
>Strength roll, +0
>>
Rolled 2 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45119637
spirit roll samefag
>>
You bite your finger and form a crowbar using your blood. Your strength doesn't count for much, but by manipulating the tool and working it into the cracks around the hinges you manage to get enough force behind it to start prying them loose one by one. When you finish you wipe the sweat from your forehead and return your blood to your veins before smiling at Sammy and Catherine.

“Well, ready when you are.”

They're both staring at you in shock. Sammy looks more surprised than anything else, but Catherine looks deeply concerned.

“Th-That was... vampire magic, isn't it...?”

Sammy shakes her head.

“Blood magic isn't vampire magic, I think... Is it?”

Catherine takes a step back.

“Only vampires use it... W-Well, and reckless mortals, but...”

>What can I say? I like living dangerously.
>Secretly I'm a good vampire. Don't tell anyone.
>I've been doing this stuff since I was a kid, and all along it's been magic? Huh.
>Can we focus less on how I'm probably risking my life with this stuff and more on the spooky basement?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45119637
Wgen we fail the strength check, we'll suit up and redo it.
>>
>>45120160
>I've been doing this stuff since I was a kid, and all along it's been magic? Huh.
>What can I say, I like to live dangerously.
Sarcasm ftw
>>
>>45120160
>>What can I say? I like living dangerously.
>Other (write-in) Tell them to relax, it's not inherently evil and we haven't done anything too terrible to earn it.
>>
>>45120160
Made a deal with a devil. i hope that is not a problem i can also use elemental magic and rune magic.
>>
>>45120160
>What can I say? I like living dangerously.
>I stole a tome during my first day here from the bizarre, I've had Angie fact check everything I did. If an Angel gives you a thumbs up, pretty sure it's ok Catherine.
>>
>>45120160
>>45120192
This
>>
>>45120160
>>45120192
Agreed
>>
>>45120160
>Oh please. Blood magic is directly the opposite of reckless. It's about Balance, give and take. A forced equivalent exchange. I'm just in it for badass blood manipulation.
>>
>>45120370
>puts on stunner shades of hardened blood
>>
You look at your hands, then at Catherine, and give your words the most sarcastic tone you can.

“Huh. I've been doing this sort of stuff since I was a little kid, and all along it's really been magic?”

You chuckle softly.

“I'm human. I just like living dangerously, I guess. What makes you say that only reckless mortals use it?”

Catherine hesitates.

“Mostly because it's intoxicating... Hemomancy earned the nickname 'hedomancy', like hedonism, because each spell gives the wielder a rush of power that's like a high from a drug... And people who get addicted to it can bleed themselves dry trying to get that feeling...”

You gaze down into the darkness.

“Well, I'm barely scratching the surface at this point. I'll be sure to keep that in mind though.”

You make a note to see what else Catherine knows later and turn on your flashlight, peering into the dark. There's no stairway and no ladder, so climbing up and down is going to be fun unless you make yourself a little bloody box to stand on or something. You can see something glinting in the darkness, and you can't tell if it's moving or just a trick of the light from your flashlight.

>Close it back up for now
>This demands exploration, jump down and advance with haste
>Make a blood ladder and get down carefully
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45120593
Sammy, Catherine, you guys have better night sight than I do right? See anything?
>>
>>45120593
Single post ladder, though.
>>
>>45120593
>>
>>45120593
>>Make a blood ladder and get down carefully
sure, why not?
>>
Spirit roll, +2
>>
>>45120593
Surly we bought rope, use it to climb down
>>
Rolled 1 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45120809
>>
Rolled 11 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45120809
critfail
>>
Rolled 13 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45120809
magic
>>
Rolled 3 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>
You make a ladder and lower it down slowly, adjusting it bit by bit until it rests securely on the floor. You make sure to spread the base out a bit so it won't wobble, and you secure the top to the frame of the cellar door. With a quick glance to the others you begin to climb down, pointing your flashlight this way and that to take in the scene before you.

The cellar is lined with shelves containing colorful glass bottles and musty old books. On the ground in the middle of the room is a circle, etched into the floor and stained with what was, at one point, probably blood. The glinting object is a picture frame, face down on a desk in the corner, with broken glass scattered around the floor nearby. This place might have once been a workshop of some sort, or a place where someone performed rituals. The pattern on the floor looks similar to the one you used when you first summoned Tellarie.

>All clear, come have a look
>Investigate the picture frame
>Inspect the carved circle
>Check the books and bottles
>Get out before you accidentally set something off
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45120837
and dont be trying to delete it jsut because you ended up on the higher end of the roll.
>>
>>45121085
Make sure it's not active then,
>>
>>45121085
>Non-chalantly say "Oh cool, a circle for demon summoning. That saves a bit of time."
>>
>>45121085
>>45121139
This makes sense
>>
>>45121085
>Magicians lab guys, not sure if it's clear yet.
>>
File: Lelf.png (101 KB, 210x195) Image search: [Google]
Lelf.png
101 KB, 210x195
>>45121170
>Draw a dick on it, Our demon comes out anyway
>>
>>45121085
>>
>>45121170
>>45121216
Both of these. Because freaking out Catherine is fun.
>>
>>45121085
thirding >>45121170
>>
>>45121216
>This
>>
>>45121170
>Ah! it the circle specifically says "filet-o-fish" wonder what that means,
>>
>>45121491
>Oh, this guy musta been asian. There's something in here about roasted dogs, too.
>>
You kneel down and examine the circle briefly. Something inside you tells you that it's wrong, a little voice in the back of your mind telling you that the circle wasn't carved properly, like the magic would just spill right out of is uselessly.

“Cool. A demon summoning circle. Well, that saves me plenty of time. Shame it's worthless and incomplete though.”

You nod to yourself and turn to Sammy and Catherine.

“It looks like it's pretty safe down here, but be careful. There's a lot of magic stuff down here, and I don't know what's still active and what isn't.”

Sammy climbs down after you, but Catherine stays by the door.

“I-I'm just going to stay up here for now... If you need me, I'll come down...”

Sammy walks over to one of the shelves and starts poking around, and you head for the desk to inspect the picture. It's a young man, maybe in his twenties, smiling at the person taking the picture. He's wearing some sort of robe. A note falls out of the broken picture frame, and you set the photo down to check it. It's nonsense, a list of letters and numbers separated by colons.

“Hey Oliver, come check this out!”

Sammy holds out a book and smiles.

“I found a book on curses. Think it'll be any help?”

>Check out the book
>Try to decipher the note
>Show Sammy the picture, see if she knows him
>Grab the book and note and leave
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45121560
>>Show Sammy the picture, see if she knows him
>>Grab the book and note and leave
Just waiting for the time when we accidentally summon a succubus with this circle.
>>
>>45121560
"It might, curses are tricky and I'll take anything I can get. Let's take this and finish this in the morning."
>>
>>45121560
>>
>>45121560
>>Check out the book
>>
>>45121560
>Maybe, but be careful. Damn thing might be cursed.
>>
You grab the note and the picture and pocket the note as you walk over to Sammy, offering her the photo.

“Trade ya.”

You examine the book briefly while Sammy looks at the picture, confused.

“Who is this?”

You shrug.

“Not a clue. I was hoping you'd know. Whoever was using this place, they kept his picture around.”

Sammy shrugs slightly.

“Looks like a priest or something. Maybe they summoned devils here at some point?”

Her eyes widen.

“What if he died and someone was trying to bring him back with a deal with a devil? Or maybe he was the person doing the summoning, trying to heal his ruined face, his photo haunting him every waking moment?”

She poses dramatically with the picture.

“Truly, such a tragic man!”

Sammy grins and passes the picture back to you.

“Alright, I'm having fun now. Come on, let's see what else is here!”

You nod slightly.

“We should check the rest of the house first.”

You look at the cover of the book for a moment. There's no listed title, there's just chalk writing on the side that says “Tome of Basic Curses”, mostly faded and a little dusty. You head for the ladder and smile at Sammy.

“We can come back and check this place out some other time.”

Sammy nods a bit, following you up and out. You take a moment to retrieve your blood before covering the entrance with the door once more.

>Catherine, how are you at riddles? I've got a code for you to crack
>Let's call it quits for now, it's starting to get dark
>Let's check the inside of the house quickly
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45121910
>>Catherine, how are you at riddles? I've got a code for you to crack
I'm worried it says Don't Dead Open Inside
>>
>>45121910
>>
>>45121910
>>
>>45121910
>>Catherine, how are you at riddles? I've got a code for you to crack
We'll head back to our camp in the mean time. The rest can wait til tomorrow.
>>
>>45121910
>>
You offer Catherine the note as you head for the tent.

“How are you at riddles? I've got a code for you to crack.”

Catherine takes it and looks at the letters and numbers for a moment.

“...Um... this isn't a code... It's a list of... Hmm...”

She adjusts her glasses.

“Where did you find this...?”

You show her the picture.

“Behind this photo. Why?”

Catherine looks at the picture for a moment, then at the note.

“...Do you have a bible on you...? I think maybe this is a list of verses from something...”

You shake your head.

“Nope, but we've got the internet, right? We can just look it up. Can you work out what passages we're looking for?”

Catherine nods slightly.

“I think so...”

Sammy peers at the note for a moment.

“Huh. That's some really careful handwriting...”

You take out your phone and check for a signal, but Miniora isn't picking anything up. It's a dead zone, and you can't help feeling it's to do with the cabin.

>Let's head to the Wolfe house and borrow a bible if they have one.
>I'm going for a walk to download a copy of the bible as an app, back in a few
>No need to stress over it right now, time for resting and goofing off
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45122162
>>I'm going for a walk to download a copy of the bible as an app, back in a few
>>
>>45122162
>No need to stress over it right now, time for resting and goofing off
>>
>>45122162
>I'm going for a walk to download a copy of the bible as an app, back in a few
>do you two mind getting dinner together?

inb4 this guy cursed the Wolfe clan to begin with.I refuse to take down the cameras, BTQM.
>>
>>45122162
>Let's head to the Wolfe house and borrow a bible if they have one
And maybe some history on the house
>>
>>45122162
>Realize it might have something to do with Jennifer, shrug and move on nonchalantly.
>>
>>45122162
>>I'm going for a walk to download a copy of the bible as an app, back in a few
>>
>>45122248
Hi Not-Silver
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.