[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/5eg/ 5e General Halfling QT Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: HalflingQT.jpg (144 KB, 742x748) Image search: [Google]
HalflingQT.jpg
144 KB, 742x748
>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove, contains all official 5e stuff:
https://mega.nz#F!UVkTnT5b!FJ34UZ98BMY2mEtexenS7g

>Pastebin with homebrew list, resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed)

>OGL and SRD for 5e
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/systems-reference-document-srd

>For Anons
UA for this month: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/kits-old
Thanks to whoever is updating the mega

*sighs* Why is she so perfect, /tg/?
>>
What is everyone's opinion of the Adventurers League?
>>
>>45106377
Don't really know much about them. They're just Pathfinder Society but for 5e, right?

I'd like to go to a shop that was doing some Adventurer's League stuff for the night, but I've heard some horror stories that put me off of it a bit.
>>
>>45106402
Examples?
>>
>>45106377
>What is everyone's opinion of the Adventurers League?
They're in a league of their own! haha
>>
>>45106377
No homebrew allowed. It's a haven.
>>
Does anyone have any successful multiclass combinations to share? (Excluding Sorclock, Fighter1lock because I know they work)

I've multiclassed a couple of times, but it's always been a two/three level dip.

Eg my Rogue/Barb2 or Druid/Monk2
>>
>>45106453
shadow monk6/assassin14
>>
>>45106463
You've actually played it at level 20?

What order did you level it up?
>>
File: Drow.jpg (254 KB, 878x638) Image search: [Google]
Drow.jpg
254 KB, 878x638
>>45106472
Naw, just saying you only need 6 monk levels. Play all 6 monk levels then go assassin forever. Here's art, I drew it myself.
>>
>>45106377
>>45106402
I've been playing AL games since early July and for me it has overall been grand. The group's always plan ahead, always starts at a set time, and there are rules set in place that help prevent "that guy" problems.

However that's just my area, we have a lot of players so things are better organized. Smaller / less organized AL groups may have problems that I have not experienced though.
>>
>>45106453
Dips are generally way more productive.

You could try building some sort of super skill monkey with rogue, bard, and knowledge cleric.
>>
>>45106568
Agreed, I was just wondering if anyone has successfully dipped more than three levels.
>>
>>45106377
Dunno but I guess I'll find out soon. Our DM just up and converted the whole group over to an AL group (which I suspect is the end of our ongoing campaign though that's not officially dead.)

Sadly this does mean going back to playing at the LGS with all that entails: other groups around, magic kids, etc. There was one Pathfinder group when we used to play there that just couldn't keep their voices down.
>>
>>45106453

Wizard6/Rogue2/Rest in Monk

Be a transmuter wizard for +10 speed Philosophers Stone and haste, then dip rogue for 2 levels for Cunning Action, then rest in Monk for the eventual speed buffs. With the mobility feat a base 30 creature can move 60+ feet a move action (depending on monk level) Move 60+, Action Dash 60+, Bonus Action Dash 60+. As a wizard you can haste yourself for Move 120+, Action Dash 120+, Additional Action(Haste) Dash 120+, Bonus Action Dash 120+
>>
>>45106642
Why not just be a Wood Elf for 35 base?
>>
>>45106613
My store has two nights of just D&D. Magic is fortunately delegated to the weekends.
>>
File: cat.jpg (86 KB, 543x442) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
86 KB, 543x442
>>45106670
>>
>>45106683
There's nothing official there, but we play on the weekends and there's really just no avoiding Magic at our store. Easily the biggest game there. There's nothing official going on at that time that I know of but still enough around to be a nuisance.

Then again in general I prefer to play with the group isolated from distractions.
>>
>>45106642
Even just Monk + mobility feat was a lot of fun. Zipping around like crazy is great.

I can see that build being interesting to play, but it won't have much of a punch since both Monk and Wizard lose out on a good bit by missing levels.
>>
Speed-o-Sound Sanic Monk sounds funny. But what if you were a grappling monk with flight (Aracokra, Winged Tiefling, Fly spell, etc)?

Grab an enemy, Fly up 500 feet, release. Repeat.
>>
>>45106750
Given the wording on Extend Spell for Sorcerors, I'm wondering if I can spend a Sorc point to extend a spell more than once. If so, I'd consider going Sorc as my base class just so I can extend Haste to a full 30 minutes.
>>
>>45106789
>But what if you were a grappling monk with flight

You'd do nodamage and get hit constantly because adding a fourth major stat to a monk is madness.

That or you'd never make your grapple rolls and be wasting your attack actions.
>>
>>45106797
You can only metamagic during the casting of a spell, not after the spell is cast.
>>
Tank music?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoCOg8ZzUfg
>>
>>45106377
What is the adventurers league?
>>
File: damn.jpg (111 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
damn.jpg
111 KB, 500x375
>>45106816
"Here for da game and all the pussy dat come with it"
>>
Is it worth dipping two levels in Fighter for Fighting Style and Action Surge as a Tempest Cleric?

Given the unlikelihood of ever reaching level 20* would it be worth adding another Warlock level to my Warlock 3 / Sorcerer 4 for the IAS and level 2 Rituals from Pact of the Tome? I guess I leave it until I have at least some more Sorcery points like Sorcerer 6?

*we're leveling up about once every ten weeks so even leveling up at the same rate it'll be a good two or three years before we'd hit twenty and I know most of us won't be around in two years time.
>>
File: CZfxz5UWIAAs3d9.png (939 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CZfxz5UWIAAs3d9.png
939 KB, 600x600
Huh, so Thunderwave works as the red and not the yellow.

http://twitter.com/JeremyECrawford/status/691682429917011968

I guess it makes sense since you choose a point on a side of the cube, but damn it if

> Range: Self (15-foot cube)
> Each creature in a 15-foot cube originating from you

isn't ambiguous.
>>
>>45106857
it shouldn't but it does
>>
>>45106829
>Is it worth dipping two levels in Fighter for Fighting Style and Action Surge as a Tempest Cleric?

Action surge is pretty good for casters, since it gives you the option for two spells in a turn, the delayed spell progression can hurt though. Could be worth it since Tempest is pretty fighty. If your party has some redundancy on heals it might help since your spell progression will be a couple of levels behind.
>>
>>45106857
>if a thunderwave wore pants would it wear them like this or like this
>>
>>45106891
You can't actually cast two spells per turn unless one is a cantrip, but with a tempest cleric basic weapon attacks are viable
>>
So, I've been fucking around in 5E and I made a Fighter. Went for the Battle Master Archetype.

Is it just me, or are the Maneuvers you get awfully limited and underwhelming?

It should be noted that the last D&D style game I played was 3.5, several years ago. The only Martial I played in it was a Warblade, which struck me as having a lot of options with its Maneuvers and Stances and stuff.
>>
File: Swordmages02.png (406 KB, 380x644) Image search: [Google]
Swordmages02.png
406 KB, 380x644
Everyone just wants to swing a sword and cast a little spell once per turn, it's all we've ever wanted from the beginning in the 70's yet it's never been done right. Why can't WotC give us what we want. Swing Sword+spell. From level 1. No bullshit. Give it to us.
>>
File: SCAG_GreenflameBlade_ma9d.png (216 KB, 326x315) Image search: [Google]
SCAG_GreenflameBlade_ma9d.png
216 KB, 326x315
>>45107002
Sup.
>>
>>45107009
naw not good enough
>>
>>45107002
There's a Duelist Bard Archetype in UA.
>>
File: goblin.png (7 KB, 318x250) Image search: [Google]
goblin.png
7 KB, 318x250
I'm thinking about how small you can make a monster statblock, keeping only the most necessary details, for ease of use at the table.

Would this be enough for you? Is there anything missing? Anything that can be removed?
>>
>>45106976
You can, but only if you don't cast one as a bonus action.

http://www.sageadvice.eu/2015/03/11/spells-and-action-surge/
>>
What house rules do you guys use?
>>
File: booming_blade.jpg (98 KB, 600x560) Image search: [Google]
booming_blade.jpg
98 KB, 600x560
>>45107016
This one?
>>
>>45107002
Just play a goddamn EK and go through the level progression.

Or a caster with access to Haste.
>>
>>45107043
naw naw
>>
File: wow.gif (47 KB, 483x200) Image search: [Google]
wow.gif
47 KB, 483x200
>>45106363
>>
>>45107032
I was thinking about bringing back "saves as" from older edition ("saves as Fighter 1" for example) and applying it to every monster. Then selling my condensed statblocks on the DM's Guild for big bucks.

It's difficult though, since there are lots of monsters where the saves don't match up very well, plus you have ability scores to consider (for things like grappling).

What could work is if you have have some generic sets of ability scores, then find the closest one. e.g. you might have Nimble (Str 8, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 12) and then Kobolds have "Nimble ability scores and saving throws".

Of course it doesn't match up perfectly, but it's not very often you need a kobold's intelligence score. You could add exceptions ("Nimble, except Int 8") and inheritance from basic archetypes ("Saves as goblin") although those might get confusing.
>>
>>45107032
I like it
>>
So the only classes that can see in a darkness spell are shadow sorcerers, devils site warlocks, and high-level rogues with blindsight, correct?
>>
File: 1454010333814.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1454010333814.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>45107084
I like it too
>>
>>45107061
But you can be a variant human with Magic Initiate and then play a fighter who does sword magic. Also grab Armor of Agathys or Shield or something. Maybe Hex or Expeditious Retreat if you want to stick with bonus actions.

Alternatively, play a bard.
>>
>>45107032
It needs stats. You have to know its saving throws and skill checks (especially for things like Push and Grapple).
>>
>>45107032
What is its Strength check modifier? +0?
>>
>>45107084
So, by making up a "smaller stat block", what you've really done is separate the stat block into two different spaces, so you have to look at the stat block, then go look at a different set of information to find the information you actually want.

It's not worth it to remove all of one line of text.
>>
Which feat should I get as a variant human monk?

No Lucky, I've used it before and I want something different.
>>
>>45107115
it doesnt work with extra attack tho
>>
>>45107152
mobile of course
retard
>>
>>45107002
Honestly I think spellblades have been done pretty well in 5e. Pretty much every straight martial class has a spellblade variant (or is just a straight spellblade in the case of paladin and war cleric) and even wizards has a spellblade archetype. I do look forward to some better spells for spellblades in the future but as it stands it's pretty good.
>>
>>45107152
Polearm Master? Sentinel? Magic initiate (Druid) for Shilelagh? Mobile?
>>
>>45107123
Saves are right there, and can be used for ability checks as well.

Original goblin statline is
Str -1 Dex +2 Con +0 Int +0 Wis -1 Cha -1

I simplified that to +0 in everything except Dex.

>>45107133
Yeah.
>>
>>45107152
Mobile. It's hilarious. Especially if you run through a line of enemies hitting them with your attacks and flurry attacks since they no longer get an OoA when you exit their range if you attacked them.
>>
>>45107165
Wow, that's fucking original you piece of shit.
>>
>>45107180
its best you fuck face
>>
>>45107189
Your mother was the best, you cunt.
>>
>>45107192
up your shithole
>>
>>45107174
>Magic initiate (Druid) for Shilelagh?

Why? He can already use a quarterstaff with dex, and he needs dex anyway for his AC and for flurry/martial arts attacks. And he can just use his quarterstaff 2handed and get that d8 anyway. Only thing gained at all is counts as magical.
>>
Would this be balanced as a cantrip?

Bashing Strike (flavour TBD)
As part of the action to cast this spell you make a melee weapon attack against one creature in range. If it hits, the target has to take a Strength saving throw or be pushed back 5 feet and knocked prone.

Don't know how to scale it for higher levels though. Either adding some Thunder damage or having the bash effect (but not the weapon damage) apply to additional targets?
>>
>>45107084
Absolutely retardedd
>>
>>45107210
Or spears.

Each thread needs a friendly reminder that spears are monk weapons.

Better than 1/4staves because they do piercing.
>>
>>45107222
>knocked prone.
as a cantrip? shut up
>>
>>45107135
I made a mistake in my example

>Nimble (Str 8, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 12)

Should be a 14 in there, to match standard array.

Basically, come up with half a dozen of these, arrange the standard array for each one. You'd need to know the array, but beyond that, you can guess from the descriptor.

>"He has to make a Con save."
>"Well he's Hardy, so that probably means the 15 is in Constitution, that's +2."

Plus you could easily generate a monster on-the-fly just be thinking about which type it matches up to. You could always print out a small table for reference if you're bad at remembering or working stuff out, or if it really matters whether the Macho monster has the 8 in Dex or in Int.
>>
>>45107222
Knocking prone is strong
>>
>>45107152
Depends on what type of monk you are and what your party comp is. Magic initiate druid or cleric could work out nicely for healing or utility, mobile makes it easy to avoid damage as a monk. Tough is also good if you have a less beefy party than average, martial adept could be nice for a parry or a trip attack.

Honestly mobile is your best bet as long as your not the main martial fighter, or magic initiate driud for a sort of hermit martial art master background.
>>
>>45107224
Bludgeoning is best physical damage
>>
>>45107174
>>45107210
Also Polearm master sucks for Monk too, it already has better bonus action attacks as a class feature so the only bonus is the AoO when they move adjacent. Not worth it.

>>45107224
That's true, didn't think to mention them because Shilelagh doesn't work on spears.
>>
>>45107248
But monks already have bludgeoning.
>>
*nat 1 on performance check*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpVZvRky9Ag
>>
>>45107222
>Don't know how to scale it for higher levels though. Either adding some Thunder damage or having the bash effect (but not the weapon damage) apply to additional targets?

Target is pushed 10 feet when you reach level 5, 15 feet when you reach level 11, etc.

No thunder damage. No prone. Not for a cantrip.
>>
>>45107256
>every single compilation video has tits in the thumbnail, even when the video is completely unrelated to tits
>>
prone on a fucking cantrip
>>
>>45107222
Too strong for a cantrip, and kind of stepping into on one of the Open Hand Monk's signature abilities besides even if it's not quite as good.
>>
>>45107274
I figured that compared to shoving it's pretty balanced? One attack that hits and shoves the target vs multiple attacks that either hit or shove the target, and strength saving throws are a lot easier for targets to pass than the contested check for shoving.

I'm not gonna argue with the consensus though.
>>
>>45107307
just shut up
no
>>
>>45107231
Or you could just leave literally one fucking line in the stat block.

And what happens when you get to monsters that don't use the standard array? "Oh, yeah, the ancient red wyrm is Strong, so... sure, 15 Strength sounds about right." And don't say "Put the exceptions in the statblock.", because then you're just back to putting the stats in the statblock where they belong.

You're overcomplicating something that doesn't need to be complicated, and for no real benefit. Just replace "Nimble ability scores and saving throws" with "Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Cha +1".
>>
>>45106857
That actually makes sense given what the PHB says about the shape of spells and their point of origin. I have no idea why I didn't think of it. Also makes the spell less interesting to me.
>>
>>45106857
It's not ambiguous at all if you actually read how spells work in the PHB. Cubes originate on a side, not the center.
>>
>>45107621

Mm, my groups have had a couple arguments about it, but we've got one guy who's pretty damn knowledgeable when it comes to the rules, so he was able to set us straight. I think it's much more useful when used the intended way. Pushing away a small block of mooks is pretty good crowd control I think.
>>
>>45107641
>my groups have had a couple arguments about it

Why don't people ever read the rules?
>>
>>45107686

Given that Thunderwave is so widely misunderstood, I think this is a scenario where WotC would have been prudent to put the exact targeting specifics in the description of the spell itself rather than simply having the targeting rules in a separate section.
>>
>>45106857
But... I like yellow better. It's cooler.
>>
>>45107032
Goblins are AC13, they have a shield with their scimitar for +2
>>
So I'm thinking about joining the ranks of DMs at my FLGS. Does anyone have some good resources for getting into it? Podcasts or something similar that I can listen to or watch to get some insight?
>>
>>45107002
>I want to be best at both worlds. Without giving up anything.
Come on, man. If you really want to swing many times and spell in the same turn EK + Sorc is the way to go. You'll never get to 20 and you'll get all the good stuff just from metamagic sorc to cast fireball as a bonus action and then hammer the attack button for super swing.
>>
>>45107176
>I "simplified" three -1s to +0 in everything except Dex because fuck the PCs
>>
>I changed a thing to a worse thing
>>
>>45107388
Again, exceptions: the hill giant has 18 Strength. The problem with the "one line" is that it takes up space: you could fit an entire classic D&D monster in that one line.

And how often do you refer to those stats? Yes monsters have to make saves and try to win contests, but why do they need the same ability scores adventurers have? We're not in 3.x any more where we're pretending every monster was built like a player character. There are NPC stat blocks that match no class, because they're monsters.

Sadly there are niche things that depend on monster ability scores (like certain spells), when really the game could have been designed around saves (ideally Fort/Ref/Will) and grapples (+1 to avoid being grappled, doesn't matter why, use your imagination).
>>
>>45106802
>>fourth major stat
>implying con is really a major ability score for monks
>>
>>45108201
>The problem with the "one line" is that it takes up space
So does the line telling you where to go look for the stats.

>And how often do you refer to those stats?
Constantly? I dunno, maybe your players are dumbasses that just stand there and hack away at enemies, and you're the kind of lackluster DM that allows that to be a viable tactic, but in a good game people are triggering saving throws and opposed checks all the time.

>...when really the game could have been designed around saves (ideally Fort/Ref/Will) and grapples (+1 to avoid being grappled, doesn't matter why, use your imagination).
Which would all still take up a line in the stat block.
>>
>>45108201
>Again, exceptions: the hill giant has 18 Strength.
Also, are you actually reading my comments? Literally the next sentence after what you replied to explains why this answer doesn't work.
>>
So, I want to DM an adventure in forgotten realms, and I decided to finally read the Sword Coast Adventure guide. As I was reading the new class options, some things poped up in my head, and I wanted to know /tg/ opinions about it
First of all, why would Battlerager be dwarf-only? Seriously, it's a dude with spike armor, I can TOTALLY see a half-orc doing it. Also, is it just me or the Elk and Tiger totem are way worse than the PH ones?
Magic Domain, awesome.
The Purple Dragon Knight has some disappointing high level features or I'm not seeing how useful they are?
Loved the monks Traditions, tough I'm pretty sure I've seen Sun Monks in a videogame called street fighter.
The Oath of the Crown is a true neutral paladin?! Also, I had some trouble trying to figure out his Champion Challenge feature: does the text means that when the paladin moves, the Challenged creatures must move with him?
No ranger subclass? Well, that was your chance to fix stuff, Wizards.
I want to make a Mastermind next time I'm a player, seriously, that sounds fun as fuck (and fuck is really fun)
I've seen the storm sorcerer before in UA, but that time when I read it (probably because of the sun monk), I thought about that mortal kombat lightning dude.
Undying warlock: highlander? No? Ok
FINALLY bladesingers are as cool as the time I heard about it back in 3.5

Also, I want to phrase my love for people at /5eg/, you anons have been awesome (and patient) with me <3
>>
>>45107769
And turbofucks your party if they happen to be anywhere around you when you cast.

At least the cube only fucks over allies in front of you when you cast.
>>
>>45108324
you are an idiot
>>
>>45108277
An exception takes up less space than six declarations. Hell, you could format it like this:

>Abilities and Saves: Burly (20 Str)

That means it's Burly, but with 20 Str instead of the usual 15 or whatever.

That is a lot more condensed than:
>Abilities: Str 20 Dex 16 Con 18 ...
and so on, plus it's easy to remember and make stuff up on the fly.

>>45108254
>Constantly? I dunno, maybe your players are dumbasses that just stand there and hack away at enemies, and you're the kind of lackluster DM that allows that to be a viable tactic, but in a good game people are triggering saving throws and opposed checks all the time.

Take these goblins:
>AC: 6, HD: 1-1, hp: 3, 4, 2, 5, ATT: 1d6, Mv: 60 (20), S: NM, M: 7

You can bluff them, you can grapple them, you can trap them, you can kill them, you can chat with them. All without a single reference to an ability score, which should be kept for PCs.

You might as well throw their personality traits, ideals, bonds and flaws into the stat block. That would be more useful information for running them IMO.
>>
>>45108345
Yeah, because paying attention to where your allies are when casting area effects is something that mages have never had to deal with before.
>>
>>45108324
>Battlerager

FR setting thing, only the Dwarves were mad enough to strap a dude in spikey armour and have him kill dudes by rubbing himself on them. Orcs prefer to smash things with sticks.

>Elk and Tiger

Yeah.

>Purple Dragon Knight

They tried to make it a support-y Fighter but were afraid of giving it anything that might actually be majorly impactful/overpowered. So yes it's still worse that the Battlemaster.

>Monks

Meh, Long Death is alright. Sun Soul is slightly better, and the Sun Souls aren't much older than the Forgotten Realms, which has been around since 2nd edition.

>Oath of the Crown

Paladins have no alignment restrictions. But yes, Crown is more geared towards a "My country/friends right or wrong" thing than any of the other oaths.

>Champion Challenge

If you move more than 30ft from it the challenge ends, if you stay within 30ft then yes, it can only move equidistant or closer to you.
>>
>>45108384
I don't often get to this point, but you clearly have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. There's only so much I can do with someone so dense... I'm done here.
>>
>>45108382
I think you may have misclicked.
>>
>>45108324
>>45108416
>The Oath of the Crown is a true neutral paladin?!
One of their tenets it literally Law.
>>
>>45108419
Did you figure out I'm dense because I told you my ability scores, or is it because of my actions and flavor text?
>>
>>45107714
It does explain the targeting rules. It explains them in the same chapter.

Don't suggest concessions just because you're slowly realizing you're a fucking mong. Just move on.
>>
>>45108384
But it's still a line, so for formatting and printing reasons it's no different.

Besides, memorizing a bunch of stat templates and then changing them seems pointless.

>Want to work out what a monster does
>Okay, it's "Burly" that means it has (stats)
>Wait it says (20 str) here
>Okay so that means it has 20 strength in addition to... wait what was its intelligence again? I need it to roll a knowledge check...
>Dammit what page were the stats on?
>Ah, here they are. Okay so a burly creature has 9 int, and this one is a burly creature with 20 strength
>Okay, now I'm read for it to do things

vs

>Okay so this creature has 20 strength, what's his intelligence because I need him to roll a knowledge check
>Oh there it is, 9.
>>
>>45108324
>>45108416
(cont)

>Ranger subclass

Ranger needs more than a subclass to fix its shit.

>Mastermind

Mastermind is a bit shit.

>Storm sorc

Nobody cares about fighting games, nobody but sad losers (on an image board about games of pretend no less)

>Undying Warlock

It's shit yeah we know.

Fuck off newfag.
>>
>>45108400
I don't know what you're saying or what's relevant about it.
>>
>>45108400
>is something casters never do anyway
FTFY, Senpai
>>
File: ColbertDisgust.png (562 KB, 793x688) Image search: [Google]
ColbertDisgust.png
562 KB, 793x688
>>45107002
>All I want to do is do twice the amount of actions other people are allowed to do at level 1. Greenflame Blade isn't enough.
You're an animal and should be killed like one.
>>
Are there any cleric guides available? I'm playing for the first time next week and while I think I have my basic character sheet down, I dunno how to optimize my benefit to the party, like should I wear a crapton of armor and get high con or should I have more dex and want to get to players to heal them faster?
>>
>>45108722
n-no
>>
>>45108727
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?377491

what domain?
>>
>>45108727
What? Dex has nothing to do with movement speed.
>>
I am going to design the perfect gish. So help me fucking christ. I am going to do it. I am going to do it today. It will be called the Arcane Blade or something stupid but it will be amazing. I swear by Christ, St. Michael and St. John.
>>
>>45108750

Life, Deity is Lliira from forgotten realms if it matters, thanks!

>>45108759
Oh dang, I really need to re-read the basic rules handbook! So just max wisdom and con to start?
>>
>>45108727
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=5e+Cleric+guide

Also, dexterity has nothing to do with movement speed. Read the fucking book.
>>
>>45108759
I followed. He wants to know if he should wear armor and take a penalty in movement speed or if he should go for a not make dex a dump stat, wear light/medium and not lose mobility.
>>
>>45108727
Honestly clerics want lower initiative so they can heal people or whatever after everything else has gone.

Also heavy armor is nice but not required, but higher con is a good thing because of concentration spells. The best cleric race imo is hill dwarf because it gives wis and con and extra hp, but variant human can be just as solid.

Since you are a life cleric I would say go high con and wis while picking up enough str to wear heavy armor.
>>
The 5e Basic Rules lists the damage of Guiding Bolt, a first level cleric spell, as 4d6.

Is that for real? It seems absurdly powerful for a 1st level spell.
>>
PANIC PANIC PANIC
My groups DM has finally gotten tired of dming for the moment and wants to play a PC. The group has all but unanimiously chosen me as the dm for the next campaign. Can I get some first time dm tips, I really dont want to fuck up so bad the dm has to come back from his pc holiday
>>
>>45108500
>dying warlock is shit
>first level is cha to fire/rad damage, bonus cantrips, resistance to rad damage
>6th level is get back up with half HP, BLIND EVERYONE once per day
You're a fucking idiot, those are way better than other warlock subclasses if used right

>but later things aren't as good as other warlock subclasses
Warlock is a great multiclass and that's it, so that's not worth talking about
>>
>>45108944

It's really not.

Burning Hands does 3d6 in an AOE and is still a pretty shit spell.

Spell slots are so limited in 5e that they really need to count.
>>
>>45108947

Use a fucking module.
>>
I gave up on the Gish. I don't want to do it anymore.
>>
>>45108957
Undying not Undying Light. Yes it is stupid the two are so similarly named but at least realise the context was talking about stuff in SCAG.
>>
>>45109036
You fucking coward. You swore an oath and now you're going to run from it because things got hard?
>>
>>45108970
Good point. I am just not used to characters being able to one-shot fellow first level NPCs, I guess.
>>
>>45108957
>bonus to fire/rad damage
Literally where does it say? Read the fucking book, idiot.
>>
>>45109115
He mixed up Undying and Undying Light from the Underdark UA
>>
>>45109102
He's probably having problems with the fact that the gish gimmicks are slim pickings, and EK has the basic stuff already
>>
>>45109134
On the other hand it'd probably help to have an actual concept instead of "hurr gish"
>>
>>45109109
Magic Missile does 3d4+3 which is more on average against anything you're hitting on a 6+ or worse.

>>45109129
Nobody is that stupid.
>>
>>45109160
Well he obviously is seeing as he listed 2 abilities from Undying Light in response to someone saying Undying from SCAG is shit.
>>
Scale of 1 - 10 (10 meaning broken), how bad are War Clerics? I want to make a guy who uses Thaumaturgy to shout at sinners before running into battle, but I don't want to be a waste of space in the group.
>>
>>45109239
They are fine, pretty much everything in 5e except Beastmaster Rangers is at least usable.
>>
>>45108986
They refuse to play with one
>>
>>45109275

Fucking why.
>>
>>45109281
Something about it not being sandbox enough, hilarious since my last dm would actually change the map so we would be going to locations he wanted
>>
>>45109298

There's plenty of modules that are sandboxy as shit.

Fucking Keep on the Borderland basically codified what it means for a D&D campaign to be a sandbox.
>>
>>45108947
DON'T PANIC
DO THIS

>Grab 2 premade dungeons
>Have party start off in a town where they hear two rumors:
>"Dungeon 1 to the north is said to hold the fabulous treasure A but guarded by monsters X"
>"Dungeon 2 to the south is said to hold the fabulous treasure B but guarded by monsters Y"
>Let the party choose where they go
>Don't ever read boxed text

Warning: may make you look like such a good DM that the original DM gets jealous

If you are in need of premade dungeons, google One Page Dungeon Contest
>>
What are things that you prepare for before a game, DMs?
>>
Hey /5eg/, i don't know if this has been addressed before, but I was looking over the Wizard spell list in my .pdf of the PHB, and one of the spells was Trap The Soul. However it was nowhere to be found in the book, and it's even off the spell list on the SRD. Was this just a typo?
>>
>>45109298
Repeat after me:

"This is my first time DM'ing, and I'm not comfortable running a sandbox game yet. I'm going to use a module while I learn how to play. If you don't like that, pick someone else to DM."
>>
>>45109447
What's wrong with boxed text?
>>
>>45109275
So don't tell them you're using a module.
>>
>>45109547
Takes away from immersion, a lot, in my opinion as a player/experience as a DM.
>>
>>45109477
It was folded into imprisonment but accidentally got left on the list of spells.
>>
>>45109616
Why? Is it the tonal shift?
>>
I need a "boss" for the magic tower dungeon, my players are a party of 4 lvl 5 and 2 lvl 3, i was thinking of something that haves "control" of the tower, what could be a good challenge?
>>
>>45109691
Yeah, it's clear that the DM is reading someone else's description.
>>
>>45109723

You could go with the classic and just have an evil Wizard up there, maybe with something like a Helmed Horror or a Bone Naga for a goon.

Other things that might work.

A trio of Ghosts.

An Oni.

A Drider and some Drow servants.

Be careful with high CR single monsters like the Oni though, they might just murder a level 3 Character in a single round.

If I were you I'd try to find an excuse to get those level 3 guys up to the same level as the others fast, having a party without level parity makes DMing so much harder.
>>
>>45106982
You are playing it wrong.
Your role is to position your self and your buddies in battle for advantage and trip your enemy as much as you can.

Bonus points for taking one monk level and Maxing out your Dex,Wis and Con and wield a spear with Dex and not needing armour (also you get a free unarmed attack 1d4 with your bonus action as well as the 1d8 damage on the spear).
>>
>>45107152
Mobile is your best choice but consider magic initiate(cleric) for sacred flame so you can burn through your ki for damage and then retreat and still blast from range.
Pick up spare the dying and sanctuary as well and you are good to go.
Best part is you don't waste your ASIs thanks to this running of your wis mod.
>>
>>45109895
>>45109723

Oh, or a Night Hag or maybe a coven of Green Hags that's classic too.
>>
>>45106982
Not just you. Maneuvers suck salty donkey balls (especially compared to spells) and you only ever get to pick from the one list, so by the time you're getting more maneuvers as class features, you've already taken all the good ones and are just picking from the garbage leftovers that you'll probably never use.

It wouldn't capture those D&D feels if martials (and especially fighters) didn't blow goats.
>>
>>45109774
What do you think about the pre-recorded descriptions from the old AD&D 2e audio CD adventures?
>>
I'm running my first encounter today.

The party is going to fall down into an abandoned temple of a forgotten god in the middle of a very large, incredibly ancient city. The only exit is the top of the belltower (which comes out to the ground floor on the city level), which would be annoying enough, even if the temple wasn't being used as a base for a gang of kobold criminals.

Little does the party know that this is the temple of one of the over-gods before he went into hiding. That overgod gets killed while they're in the temple, setting the rest of the campaign in motion. Apart from a spooky noise when the god is killed, however, they had no idea what's going on.

Does this sound retarded?
>>
>>45109152
My concept was an arcane paladin. Basically gutting the EK and altering some paladin abilities to be arcana themed (Arcane Sense, Weapon Bond, etc.), with no cantrips and a shortened spell list taken from the wizard.
>>
>>45108400
>>45108655
Hey man, there's very little that's more fun that centering your AoE spell right on top of the party Barbarian because it's the best way to get all the enemies. Totem best Barbarian.
>>
>>45110506
Kinda cool actually. It's nothing groundbreaking in terms of originality, but it's interesting enough to drive a plot.
>>
>>45110506
Sounds more like an adventure than an encounter, mind giving us some details on this kobold gang or anything else they may come across? Not sure what the point is of having something important happen while they're there if they have no impact on it, unless you plan on having them go back there later on, and even then why have it happen at the same time?
On the retarded scale I give it 2 used camels.
>>
File: Oath Fulfilled.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Oath Fulfilled.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Hmm this is harder than it looks. Hmmmm
>>
>>45109616

This.

Also there's always that moment where the DM realizes something is wrong.

>"As you walk in the cool afternoon breeze ... wait it's night now. As you walk in the cool night breeze..."

It becomes a choose-your-own adventure where you're going from one boxed text to the next. Which can be fine in short bursts, but for every room or adventure?

Plus it leads to a lot of purple prose. Sometimes "this room has a bed in it, the whole place smells of perfume" is enough, no need to describe how luxurious the bed is or how fervent the scent is.
>>
Any tips for someone who is going to be running Princes of Apocalypse.

Anything I should look out for/change?
>>
>>45111025
Keep in mind that Birdmonks (The best race/class) can fly right out of the box, and can fuck up your plans.
>>
The new Psion better have an ability called Mind Crush.
>>
>>45108768
Please don't post your overpowered weeb garbage here okay? Thanks
>>
>>45110506
That's cool, but I agree with >>45110763 here, that practically sounds like an adventure all on its own. It's a full dungeon, at least.
>>
>>45111104
Already did. It's weaker than the paladin, I think. I have failed. I am undone. Lord forgive me.
>>
>>45111007

Port over Pathflounder Magus
>>
>>45111211
PERFECT
>>
Question, are PCs ambidextrous? I ask because I play a Dueling Paladin, and sometimes shit is too far away to hit, so I carry some javelins. I have a sword in my main hand, can i draw and throw a javelin with the other since its free?
>>
>>45111406
there is no main hand/off hand distinction in 5e

so yes
>>
>>45111045
>allowing level 1 flying
>>
Do spells from your Paladin Oath count against your prepared spells, or are they always prepared?
>>
>>45111406
Why aren't you using a shield?

Also I can't remember exactly how drawing / sheathing works but could you not drop the sword, draw and throw the spear and then next turn pick the sword up again? That way you'd get the +2 damage on the thrown weapon also.
>>
>>45111482
>Do spells from your Paladin Oath count against your prepared spells, or are they always prepared?
read what the book says
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-30-18-53-57.jpg (236 KB, 1052x441) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-30-18-53-57.jpg
236 KB, 1052x441
>>45111482
If you're too stupid to read the words in the book then why would it help if we were to repeat it?
>>
What do you guys do for critical fails?
I've been having my guys drop their weapons a lot because I think just up and smacking yourself with a sword is pretty stupid. I've also had enemies exploit weaknesses to counterattack for a few points of damage, have them accidentally hit a friendly NPC, things like that. Does anybody else do similar things?
>>
>>45106857
I don't understand why it can't be used both ways. For the centered on you effect, couldn't you just make the point of origin on the face touching the ground, with the rest of the effect protruding upward and surrounding yourself?

Basically your foot is the origin point touching the face touching the ground, and the cube extends upward from there.
>>
>>45111475
>allowing the rules as written
>>
>>45111593
My players automatically miss their attack without getting to add their modifiers/bonuses, I think it works
>>
>>45111593
I don't do critical fails because that shit is retarded.
>>
>>45111593
Had a badass archer I made in 5e, elaborate backstory, custom art, he missed time after time and it became a running joke. The other party members called him "Sureshot". I rolled a 1 lots of times and the DM used it to create all kinds of havoc, some of it worked out well for the party, some of it didn't. I later learned the dice I was using was a trick dice planted by the DM. He also had sex with my sister irl.
>>
>>45111593
A 1 on an attack roll is a miss.

A 1 on an ability check is very likely to fail, until they get to higher levels or if they've got expertise in the skill.

A 1 on a saving throw is very likely to fail.

So, basically, I do it RAW, because fumbles are shit.
>>
>>45111640
That non-sequitur...
>>
>>45111593
fumbling your weapon is pretty standard around my table, that's what we usually do for a crit fail. If someone is fighting unarmed then they can fall prone.
>>
>>45111593
i just treat a 1 as a 1... otherwise you punish people who make lots of skill checks or attacks
>>
>>45111593

While I HAVE had gotten a lot of fun and memorable moments out of elaborate fumblr tables in the past (Like that time the party was assaulted by a gang of Sahuagin who proceeded to stab each other to death) it's not something I'd generally recommend using.
>>
Rolling a natty 1 means you chug a Natty Ice irl, your character shits his pants in game.
>>
>>45111608
If options are excessively disruptive RAW then it's entirely within the core spirit of the game to ban or houserule them. Flying is like a level 14-17 class feature that can hugely warp a campaign and how one runs combat encounters and puzzles and so on. My GM put a blanket ban on the flying races and I'm happy enough with that.
>>
>>45111593
I just go with what's in the book. I wouldn't mind a random effect but I'd prefer a more controlled trigger, like using inspiration to add something extra to a success or turn a failure into a success with a drawback.
>>
>>45111519
I'm not using a shield because my concept for my character is a pit fighter, so I hit them with the butt of my sword, grapple them, then continue hitting them with my sword. That and Dueling doesn't work with a shield.
>>
>>45111798
If my DM did that id break his fucking face with my birdclaw. Then fly off. I am a bird irl.
>>
>>45107155
I'll bite. So, just to be clear, you want to be able to have a caster's best action, AND a martial's best action, at level 1, while everyone else only gets 1 or the other?
>>
>>45111845
>I'll bite. So, just to be clear, you want to be able to have a caster's best action, AND a martial's best action, at level 1, while everyone else only gets 1 or the other?
Actually the green blade is fine I was being a little silly earlier but I'd probably reskin the green flame blade to just be flame blade, why is it green. Is it envious or something? hah hah
>>
>>45111798

I just rewrite it to be like several of the racial flying abilities were 3.5.

It starts out as only being a gliding ability then it become normal flying but extremely limited with a duration determined by the Con score and then in the late game it becomes normal, unrestricted flying.

Arguably still very strong, but nowhere near the gamebreaking shit it is unmodified.
>>
>>45111877
It hasn't broken our games. You can't fly in a cave or something, because it required quite a bit of room to get airborn. Also my DM says it requires concentration to fly, so you can get knocked out of the air easy.
>>
>>45111826
> That and Dueling doesn't work with a shield.
Yes it does.
http://www.sageadvice.eu/2014/09/02/duelist-fighter/
>>
>>45111901

Even with concentration you're still getting a 3rd level spell as an at-will ability at level 1.

It's way too strong.
>>
>>45111960
>That and Dueling doesn't work with a shield.
This motherfucker right here.
>>
>>45111960
Oh, well unless we get a floating shield, I am still keeping my offhand free to grapple.
>>
>>45111640
>things that never happened

Also that's what you get for not using your own dice.
>>
>>45111640

Reminds me of that time I slept with my GM's girlfriend
>>
>>45112003

LOL! Well cuck'ed friend :^)
>>
>>45111983
Seems way worse than just knocking cunts onto the floor with your shield.
>>
>>45111975
Different anon;

You're relying on your wings to fly though. With the Fly spell, it's unrestricted magical flight that can only be taken away by breaking concentration. For a winged creature, any kind of damage or disabling effect on their wings (called shot, net, captured and clipped, etc.) will remove that flight until the DM says so.

It's strong yes, but a few goblin archers (or any kind of ranged attack) will very, very quickly kill a low level character that is swooping around in the air with just a couple good shots.
>>
>>45112062
There's no such thing as a called shot in 5e.
>>
>>45112062

>it's unrestricted magical flight that can only be taken away by breaking concentration

Or, you know, dispel magic, or counterspell, or anti-magic.

A non-magical way of doing a thing is almost always strictly superior to a magical way of doing a thing.

What you're mentioning is all houserule stuff while there's plenty of things actually in the rules that prevent magical flight.

And goblin archers are just as effective against a grounded target so I don't see the point of that approach.

The GM can remove any ability he wants through houserules and plot convenience, that doesn't change whether or not that ability is too strong.
>>
>>45111875
>green flame blade to just be flame blade, why is it green.
i've been wondering this. i can't decide why. just because its arkane probably. but copper burns green(ish) so i wonder if somehow it has to do with that. gift of the copper dragon? though if i recall, they breathe acid breath, not fire
>>
>>45111975
A third level spell as an at will ability is a lot better balanced than a 17th level class feature, I guess. It still has some problems with encounter design (especially when they inevitably take Druid / Magic Initiate for Thorn Whip) and there are plenty of exploration challenges easily nullified by it.
>>
>>45112122
Wait, there isn't? Shit, I've been letting my players do that. Why not? It's just a basic attack roll, that's harder to hit but does more.
>>
>>45111875

Because there's already a "Flame Blade" spell, and green fire is pretty much a trope of "unnatural" fire.
>>
>>45112191
There's just no RAW system for it. That doesn't mean you shouldn't let your players try things like that, keeping player creativity flowing is a good thing. Basically called shots are covered by the Improvising an Action rule. I'm not sure if there's an optional system or further guidance in the DMG.

Relevant rules:

IMPROVISING AN ACTION
Your character can do things not covered by the actions in this chapter, such as breaking down doors, intimidating enemies, sensing weaknesses in magical defenses, or calling
for a parley with a foe. The only limits to the actions you can attempt are your imagination and your character's ability scores. See the descriptions of the ability scores in chapter 7
for inspiration as you improvise. When you describe an action not detailed elsewhere in
the rules, the DM tells you whether that action is possible and what kind of roll you need to make, if any, to determine success or failure.

CONTESTS IN COMBAT
Sattle often involves pĆ­tting your prowess against that of your foe. Such a challenge is represented by a contest. This section includes the most common contests that require an action in combat: grappling and shoving a creature. The DM can use these contests as models for improvising others.
>>
>>45112191
>Why not?

The short answer is because 5e doesn't use modifiers (at least not basic).

Combat has been simplified with the 'Advantage' mechanic - so that +/- to hit is relegated to feats like Sharpshooter and GWM.

Longer answer is probably to make use of the Battlemaster archtype as the "marksman".
>>
>>45106642
Elk barbarian (scag) will give you more speed than Wizard, and faster. Just with the limitation of raging.

Can confirm that it's not super fun to play, though. Unless you actually like playing fighters, leave it theorycraft.

What IS fun is warlock 2 Abj Wiz X. Refill your forcefield between all fights. Doesn't break the game, but makes you tough for a wizard, and lots of appreciation once you get to share it.
>>
>>45112191
>>45112261
>There's just no RAW system for it.

Anyone have that article on critical hits?
>>
File: TwistyCat.png (363 KB, 480x358) Image search: [Google]
TwistyCat.png
363 KB, 480x358
Twisty Cat says: "Meow, don't punish players too harshly for rolling a natural 1, we're all going through our own struggles!"
>>
>>45112461
More like Twisty Cat says: "I got a 1 on my Acrobatics check once, that's how I ended up this way!"
>>
>>45112479
Twisty Cat being mangled in an accident is not canon. Sorry. He just twists his head around like the Cheshire Cat when he talks. He talks btw.
>>
File: MilkCat.jpg (94 KB, 566x475) Image search: [Google]
MilkCat.jpg
94 KB, 566x475
Meanwhile, Milk Cat cares little for dice rolls.
>>
Could somebody tell me, where in the dungeon master guide I can find the create a race section on aasimar? I canĀ“t find the page.
>>
Stupid question, but can someone explain to me what's supposedly so good about Favoured Soul?

Only thing that really sticks out to me is MCing with Warlock or Paladin and being *slightly* SADer than other classes with similar proficiency.
>>
Quite awhile ago I saw a guide for homebrewing races that had point values assigned to various traits to help with balancing them against the existing races (it also provided a decent power comparison between them.)

Anyone have it?
>>
>>45112840
flying, self healing, two attacks, gets good armor, gets almost twice as many spells known as a normal sorcerer, and from a different class spell list at that
>>
>>45112813
DMG pg 285

>>45112840
Its bonus spells make it a better caster than regular sorcerers by default. You're right that it's still too squishy for proper gishing though.
>>
>>45112953
Allright, thanks. Found it.
>>
today my players are entering a wizard tower, the tower haves 5 rooms, have an idea for a puzzle in one of the rooms?
>>
>>45113278

Go look up 5 room dungeons senpai
>>
>>45112292

I thought about that too, but you can't haste while raging
>>
>>45113278
They ascend a flight of stairs... into the same room they were just in. Drop a riddle on them, revealing that walking backwards through the original entry of the room is the way to proceed.
>>
>>45113278
There's a button and a door. Pushing the button opens the door. Releasing it slams it shut. It takes 5 seconds to cross the floor to the door and 1 second for the door to shut.

Unless one of your PCs has mage hand in which case this puzzle is stupid.
>>
>>45113278

Did you decide on a boss?
>>
>>45113828
Or a stick and a chair or anything to wedge against it.
>>
>>45113759
You can BE hasted. No reason you should have to do the parts someone else can do.
>>
>>45113278
Why did the wizard make so many puzzles? Is his tower part of some sort of traveling carnival.
>>
>>45113828
There is a button and a door. There is a large splatter of dried blood right in front of the door, suggesting that there is some manner of instant-death trap associated with the button. Searching for a trap reveals nothing. There is no trap. Pressing the button opens the door safely.
>>
>>45112122
Sure there is. You describe what your character is trying to do, then make the appropriate roll with no special modifiers to dice. You enjoy the game more because you're playing it right.
>>
>>45114033
And there's also no special modifier to the results and your description of what you try to do and the DM's description of what actually happens are purely flavor text.
>>
>>45106453
Currently playing an Assassin 3/Shadow monk 8
I'm planning to take two levels of warlock for devil's sight and other fun shit
>>
>>45114094
Caution: when using this approach to D&D you run a severe risk of enjoying yourself.
>>
>>45114132

Not that guy, but I felt compelled to inform you that you're full of yourself.
>>
>>45114132
>>45114033

Sssh, don't let pathfinderboos find out
>>
>>45114177
Could be, but I encourage my players to be descriptive about what they're trying to do. It makes it easier for me to come up with good flavor for whatever the results were. You tried to smack the troll's foot with your Warhammer? If you miss, it's pretty clear what might have happened, and it isn't the same thing as if you'd tried to deliver an uppercut to it's crotch. Help the DM help you. You'll both have a better time.
>>
>>45114236
I do it for them if they don't.
One of my players, who play a warlock, is now nicknamed "the indian" because everytime he did big damage with eldritch blast in a zombie fight, I said he scalped the zombie. Don't know why, it just felt right and they laughed.
>>
File: tiefling.jpg (31 KB, 237x500) Image search: [Google]
tiefling.jpg
31 KB, 237x500
Is it good place for question regarding planescape? Because I have one.
I have read Player Guide to the Planes. And can not understand differences between primes and planars regarding non-human races. Like could it possible for elf to be planar, or elves always primes, even if born in Sigil. Does factions have not planars members?
>>
>>45114132
When did I say that I don't do that sort of thing at my own table? My point is that it's silly to take a mechanical statement and then say that narration fills the same niche, it absolutely does not.

There is no called shot mechanic in 5e. This isn't a bad thing, necessarily. Especially since the PHB tries to convince GMs to improvise mechanics for things the players want to do on the fly. Not everything needs a specific mechanic, and in many cases there's no need for any mechanical effect at all. That doesn't change the fact that there is no Called Shot mechanic. Stop being purposefully obtuse in an attempt to jerk off to your own self perceived superiority.
>>
>>45113883
yeah, there are 5 rooms each with one golem door with a hole in its chest, they need to enter each room solve a puzzle and retrieve a sphere to give the golem, when they finish giving each golem their spheres, a teleportel in the center of the room will open, they will be teleported to another room with some OC construct protecting some plot device
>>
>>45110763
>>45111111
It's a full dungeon. I actually modified my premise a little to make it less railroady. As it stands:

>They land on the basement floor, which has some pieces of extremely rusty metal (CR 15 check to realize that the metal used to hold wine barrels together)
>Face a few large insects on the basement floor as they progress
>Can optionally chose to just run by them, of course, but they'll be sitting ducks while they try to push past the barricade on the staircase
>Get past the barricade, encounter kobolds
>Kobolds are temporarily using the temple as a base while they're in town, hoping to catch a glimpse of Kurtulmak during the Celestial Meeting that is currently happening in the city I can explain what the fuck that means if you'd like
>Kobolds are willing to let them leave peacefully if they killed all the insects and make some speech checks
>Mysterious noise happens
>Kobolds get a bit scared and decide to also bail out

It's going to be implied later on in the campaign that them being in the ancient god's temple may be the reason he lost the fight, and they'll probably wind up going back to the temple at some point. My intended storyline is for the party to deal with a series of smaller encounters until about level 7, when the BBEG (guy who killed the overgod) finally reveals himself. Then they have to try and find out exactly what happened and how they can stop it.

If they do wind up going back to the temple, I'll put a major plot clue in there. Maybe something that will point them in the direction of the Overgod's last living paladin, since I have something planned with her as well.
>>
>>45113985
hehe this one sounds good
>>
>>45113942
the wizard is on vacation and my players are entering to steal his stuff, there is more to it but that's what they are really thinking
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.