[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Orks will always be a laughing stock >badassery of someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9
File: okr.jpg (10 KB, 248x203) Image search: [Google]
okr.jpg
10 KB, 248x203
>Orks will always be a laughing stock
>badassery of someone is measured in how many orks he can solo
>always generic mooks until Chaos shows up

Fuck you all.
>>
>>45094179
>What is WAAAGH The Beast?
>>
>>45094211
Beast is too edgy to be proppa Orky he sounds like Khornate in wrong body.
>>
>>45094179
>yfw Ghazzy
>>
>>45094179
orks always have been and always will be the joke faction of 40k. and to embrace it is awesome

read gorkamorka, that's canon
>>
>>45094211
They literally had the Beast wipe out a First Founding chapter and speak like a melodramatic Chaos Lord to make him seem dangerous. Orks have such a reputation as jobbers that you need to do insanely over the top stuff to make them credible as a threat.
>>
>>45094211
Shit that really should be non-canon.
>>
>>45094179
Ok, now I really want a Ciaphas Cain novel where he deals with a small force of one of the more "world-shaking" factions, such as the Necrons or Nids, but then has to drop it all because some Warboss is leading a Waaagh through the area.
>>
>>45097322
This has so much potential
>all the occasions for Amberley to hint-nod at the irony of trope subversion
>all the references that could come out of it

I want it.
>>
>>45094179
>badassery of someone is measured in how many orks he can solo.
Yeah. That´s how scary orks are. They are ferocious monsters made for war, and if you can solo several of them then you are entitled to be called a "badass". A shame the rules doesn´t reflect this.
>>
>>45094179
>badassery of someone is measured in how many Avatars of Khaine he can solo

FTFY
>>
>>45097931
so gaberiel is a badass?
>>
>>45094211

BL horseshit for clueless edgelords
>>
>>45094179
it's okay mr. ork.
>>
What is the Third War for Armageddon? That's a powder keg waiting to explode, and the Orks have more or less met the Imperials blow for blow, and it's where some of the most badass boyz are.
>>
File: the beast.png (235 KB, 704x2900) Image search: [Google]
the beast.png
235 KB, 704x2900
>>45094211
The greatest WAAAGH ever led by the greatest ork who ever lived
>>
File: 1449967855513.jpg (10 KB, 236x207) Image search: [Google]
1449967855513.jpg
10 KB, 236x207
>>45094179
>mfw there's the super classy orc noble once in a while that inverts traditional fantasy tropes
>>
>>45094179
Just roleplay in a different setting than Warhammer...
>>
>>45098345
Is he arguing with himself?
>>
>>45098397
fantasy Orcs are a bunch of gays and propably homos as well they lack the charm of 40K ones
>>
>>45098397
Oh yeah, like the average fantasy setting would be any better. You either get noble savages, or 'half-orcs are the only good orcs and even then they're discriminated against.'
>>
>>45098464
you can't be funny/charming AND the ultimate badasses. unless you're spaceyiffs
>>
>>45098464
>>45098509
You guys are too pessimistic. You know there's a setting out there for just about anything, and if there isn't one for what you want then you can just make one.

I once played in a setting where orcs were the most common race and they were just normal ass people. I kinda liked that one. I'm just saying, stuff is out there, and you can come up with things on your own.
>>
>>45094179
Orks don't care. While everyone else is busy murdering each other and themselves, Orks just roll on choppin'. They will always be roll on choppin'. When the last tyranid eats itself alive, when Chaos turns into an ouroborous that obliterates half the universe as it blinks out of existence, when the last Sister of Battle cries havoc and dies in the name of the Emperor, who was long since consumed in his final sacrifice, when all the Eldar have left the galaxy to hibernate uselessly in eternal sleep, when the Tau have risen to the ultimate force in the galaxy and then died and collapsed over their own 100,000,000 years period, when most of the stars are gone, when the Necrons have woken and slept and woken and slept until there is none left, when the Squats have finally come back-

Orks will be there. Still alive, still numerous, still rollin' on choppin'. Not giving a shit what others think or say.

Godspeed, you green emperors.
>>
>>45098622
tell that to Saitama
>>
>>45098628
That's true, but I don't think 40k is particularly bad. Orks are murderous mushroom gorillas, and don't try to be anything more than that.
>>
>>45097956
A little.

Was Chaplain Varnus a badass for soloing a bloodthirster? Yes, yes he was.

That does not excuse that he was an Ultramarine, but it almost does
>>
Orks can afford to look like jokes. They've won.
>>
Black Orcs are fucking amazing in AoS. And in my experience Nobz are still really good in 40k.
>>
>>45100117
Yeah, that's my stance. The Orks already won. This is their post-game. The universe schemes to give them greater and greater bullshit to fuck up and get fucked up by.
>>
>>45100188
>liking orcs
>liking niggers
>liking both

Fucking heretics...
>>
>>45097438
>trope subversion

go away
>>
>>45100188
>AoS
>orruks

Go away
>>
>>45094721
what
Isnt that kind of a major thing
>>
>>45103502
its so overboard and unrealistic even by setting standards that its cartoony and obvious for what it is, bad author hand waving

they should have just left it alone and let it be a mystery
>>
>>45103553
so just who the fuck is the beast aside from the obvious he's an ork warboss so he's big smart and has a bunch of orks following him
>>
>>45103553
>its so overboard and unrealistic even by setting standards
Bullshit. Bull fucking shit. First founding chapters don't deserve any more protection than any other chapter. Go bitch to the faggots who complain that space marines have too much plot armor. Then go bitch to the faggots who complain that authors come up with new chapters just to kill them off. But now that they've killed a chapter that's decently important, NOW it's unrealistic!? Fuck you.

As for Orks, they're are supposed to be horrific. Fuck your "Lol! So wacky!" Shit. Give me Orks ripping limbs off civilians just to watch them scream. Give me Orks crushing thousands of people to death under the weight of roks crashing into the planet.
>>
>>45104602
>Give me Orks ripping limbs off civilians just to watch them scream
To an ork, that is wacky.
>>
>>45104602
yeah, Relic did that.
then guess what, THQ died
>>
>>45094179
Weeping orc is no laughingstock. Weeping orc is a very successful entrepreneur.
>>
>>45104602
its unrealistic that retards with sticks and "lol mork n dork magic" defeat some of the greatest warriors in the galaxy yes

i agree with you. comic relief orks are stupid and they are possibly the thing i hate most about 40k. whether you like it or not though, thats the type of orks they are in setting and the majority of fans probably even like it

i just use my headcanon to substitute 40k orks with krogan even though it makes everyone so mad and im labeled an ea shill

its funny that in a setting that unashamedly steals ideas from all other sci-fi and fantasy settings that people get so mad when you steal from other sci-fi settings
>>
>>45104602

Edgy is what CSM are for.
40k is a setting staring big men smacking one another with chainsaw-swords. It is not intended to be taken seriously and never has been.
>>
>>45105630
>liking Krogans
Krogans are even more lelsorandumb than orks.
>>
>>45104602
>>45105630
I love when people complain that retard strength manchildren orks aren't scary or dark enough when them being a bunch of retarded manchildren that can cut clean through the Emperor's Finest with brute strength alone is precisely what makes them so fucking horrifying. All that death, destruction, and misery mankind would love to see an end to? To them, it's FUN. More than fun, they were biologically engineered to love murder and all murder related accessories. You can't reason with them because you have nothing they want, you can only bribe them with the promise of a bigger fight and they'll still likely turn on you.

I think that one audio log in Space Marine where a man was forced to watch a bunch of orks kick his wife to death in a grotesque parody of a soccer match said it best: through it all, they were LAUGHING. All this tragedy and death, it's just a funny joke to them.

But hey, your sexually impotent not!Klingon frogmans are okay too I guess. They were...sort of tough, except for that part where they lost all the time and are slowly going extinct.
>>
>>45105860
>>45105912

the only thing i know about krogans are from the first mass effect game and there literally wasnt a single instance of random so i dont know what youre talking about. they were just described as extremely numerous and fast breeding things that love war and drop nukes on everything

current 40k orks are like some cuck nigger zulu fantasy. the fact that they dont make sense is literally part of their lore. how the fuck are you arguing that their strength is legitimate? their power is LITERALLY "if we think it works then it does XD"
>>
>>45105970
>>current 40k orks are like some cuck nigger zulu fantasy
Try using real words instead of buzzwords
>their power is LITERALLY "if we think it works then it does XD"
Only if you think 1d4chan is a credible source of information. Given you're a meme spamming retard who thinks Mass Effect is a good series, you probably do.
>>
>>45094179
Buddy, you're the joke faction. Don't feel bad, embrace it!
Remember, Orks are the secret ultimate guardians of the galaxy. They have no fear and they can fight with sticks as happily as with advanced energy weapons, so they're the perfect counter to Necrons. Their inherent biology is a hard-counter to the Tyranids. They reproduce faster than humans and are very hard to truly remove from an ecosystem, and their crudely made craft can actually go toe-to-toe with the Eldar. The Tau struggle for decades to make technolgy that Orks happily cobble together from old gubbins. Chaos has a really hard time with them, even though they're inherently violent and weird they don't seem to have enough respect to sell their souls for anything.
And with all of that, the Orks don't take over the universe and exterminate everyone, because then there'd be no one fun left to fight.
The Orks are happy, 'cause they are the ones who protect the universe, and they are ALWAYs gonna have job security.
>>
>>45094179
That's why I love IG novels when they're potted against orks.

When it's done well, it shows them as cruel, savage beings that enjoy the suffering of others.
The breaking of illusions for new guardsmen fed with Imperial propaganda is always a "great" moment when well written.
>>
>>45098699
IT ain't just abart foightin' an' winnin', it's abart foightin' an' winnin' wiv ya boyz by ya soide.
>>
File: xanos.jpg (9 KB, 128x200) Image search: [Google]
xanos.jpg
9 KB, 128x200
>>45098509
We need more Xanos
>>
File: 1360467631988.jpg (883 KB, 1161x1591) Image search: [Google]
1360467631988.jpg
883 KB, 1161x1591
>>45105912
>makes them so fucking horrifying.
This. I love the "joke faction" orks because to me all of 40k is a joke, but when you get down to it, orks are really scary. They are hulking masses of muscle and weapons that crave war as we crave food. I think the whole "funny" ork thing is how the orks see themselves, but to the rest of the galaxy they truly are monsters. As players we can read all the fluff about every faction and so have the inside perspective of every race. We know orks think what they are doing is fun, the other races don´t. An ork will think his Nob punching a smaller ork to death as they charge, whooping and cheering, towards the human lines is a laugh. A guardsman will think that monster turns on his own kind in his eagerness to kill, stampeding towards him, foaming at the mouth in his desperation to kill everyone around him like a drowning man desperate for air.
>>
>>45105970
Mekboyz are legitimate inventors you retard.
>>
>>45106652
They look weird in this art more like daemons than Orks.
>>
>>45101569

No
>>
>>45107322
Good. They should. That whole, "we'ze gettin stuck in boyz!" Bullshit, who know who never knows about any of that? Every non-ork they ever face. I want my Orks like my Necrons. Never presented from their own perspective, ever. Or if they are, they're presented legitimately like I'm Engine of Mork and Evil Sun Rising which if you haven't read, you're missing the best Ork-perspective stories in all of 40k.
>>
>>45107772
you know who*
>>
>>45094721

Comic relief orks have always been less dangerous than serious orks like ghazzy, this was the case even before the beast was a thing.
>>
>>45098397
Not enuff dakka.
>>
File: 056.jpg (594 KB, 1181x1653) Image search: [Google]
056.jpg
594 KB, 1181x1653
>>45094251
>Beast is too edgy to be proppa Orky he sounds like Khornate in wrong body.
>>45094721
>speak like a melodramatic Chaos Lord

Is this about that Imperial translation of a speech in the Ork language?
>>
>>45103502
Nah, they wiped out Imperial Fists. No one noticed or cared.
>>
>>45107952
If you want to stir shit, I'm sure there's a stick around you can shove up your ass.
>>
>>45098719
>Saitama
>badass

everyone misses the point

>then what is the point smart guy

suck your father's dick, and then apply yourself
>>
>>45107972
Wearing yellow armour is asking to be wiped out.
Don't believe me? Ask Lamenters.
>>
File: 99120103035_BigMekMega01.jpg (106 KB, 920x950) Image search: [Google]
99120103035_BigMekMega01.jpg
106 KB, 920x950
>>45108033
Dat's just cuz they ain't flash enuff.
>>
>>45108033
Funny, because they're still alive. Worked alongside their Red Hunter wardens to get through Hivefleet Kraken.
>>
>>45108319
>even Lamentesr recieved less ass-pounding than Sons of Durr
Now that is just sad.
>>
>people crying about the beast acting like an edgy moody fuck
>Forgetting this is exactly how the Goffs clan act.
>>
>>45100188
I don't care if this post is 14 hours old and discussing a slightly shit game in the wrong thread.

But nigga how THE FUCK are Black Orcs amazing in age of shitmar?.

I'm going to ignore the fact they are inferior as fuck to savage boyz. I'm gonna ignore the fact that them being 2 wounds is total shit given how every comp factors wounds into play, and thus for every B-Orc you can get 2 Stormvermin / Bestigor who will destroy them every time.

No, no, my issue is that of all the models to transition from WH into AoS Black orcs had the worst ride, losing their 'armed to da teef' rule and therefore all enjoyment or appeal, every one loved their old ability to pick and choose the right weapon for the fight, and it's gutted.

Only an utter plebeian would defend the garbage that is AoS Black orcs, kill yourself you disgusting shill.
>>
>>45094179
'OO DA ZOG CARES ABOUT DAT STUFF?!
>>
>>45106048
If dere isn't anythin' else ta fight ya just fight da boy next to ya.
>>
>>45105630
Go play some other shit if you want srs spess warz. 40K began tongue-in-cheek and every time they make the setting more srs bzns it loses some of its charm.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.