[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do Eldar compare mentally/physically with humans? I know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: 1438664551857.jpg (261 KB, 956x860) Image search: [Google]
1438664551857.jpg
261 KB, 956x860
How do Eldar compare mentally/physically with humans? I know they are a bit taller, but how strong are they compared to humans? How tough are they? Are they all math savants?

Also, if you say they move faster than light, please an hero.
>>
>>45061641
I imagine the comparisons are similar to those of a human and an elf in your average Generic Fantasy Setting(TM)
>>
faster

not noticeably stronger
>>
>>45061641
Well reflex wise they shit all over them.

That's pretty much all I know sorry
>>
File: 1452727185610.gif (873 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
1452727185610.gif
873 KB, 510x546
>>45061641
Pretty sure they move faster than light.

Real talk, though. Physically Eldar are superior to normal humans in speed, Agility and strength, but are not as strong as Space Marines. Intelligence wise, they all have a certain degree of precognition that allows them to see the future, especially in their Seers. This is sometimes skewed or from some other perspective, so visions are not always reliable. Mentally they're not too different aside, but they simply have a much longer time to learn things like math, science, etc
>>
>>45061682
I have found that fantasy elves vary quite a bit. In Tolkienic fantasy they are practically the same as eldar. In other fantasies they are more pixie-like and generally smaller and weaker than humans.
>>
>>45061739
They also have much more intense emotions and better sensory organs. That means they're generally better at picking up what other people are thinking and make cooler art.
>>
>>45061641
A lot of the stuff they can do depends on who's writing them, but one thing that seems to stay consistent is that Eldar (at least the soldiers) are FAST. Fast to the point that they start to blur in the vision of normal humans.
>>
File: 1440988441457.jpg (454 KB, 690x1080) Image search: [Google]
1440988441457.jpg
454 KB, 690x1080
They look good in Imperial outfits
>>
>>45061798
Eldar vs. Sonic, who's faster?
>>
>>45061829
Hm. Surprisingly innocent looking.

But that's still Heresy, Anon.
>>
File: 510px-1255136711848.jpg (114 KB, 510x600) Image search: [Google]
510px-1255136711848.jpg
114 KB, 510x600
Also, how much of a canon violation is this?
>>
>>45062049
Not one anymore, I believe it's been retconned
>>
>>45062104
Figures, everything cool was retconned.
>>
>>45062049
so thats just spock?
>>
>>45061739
>move faster than humans
>still die to them
>>
>>45064112
Can't move faster than a flashlight.
>>
>>45062049
Retconned anon
>>
>>45065555
based gard always delivers
>>
>>45061641
Eldar have faster metabolism, faster reflexes and sharper senses than a human. They move in a way that to human appears unnaturally graceful, and can move at speed that is difficult for a naked eye to follow. While they appear less muscled than humans they're actually about as strong, although probably lack the endurance, due to having tightly bunched muscle fibers that are well suited for explosive release of energy.
Mentally Eldar feel emotions far more intensely than humans, which often causes them to bounce from one emotional extreme to other. The tendency to emotional extremes and a psyche prone to obsession that resulted from it is what led to the Fall, as their society became obsessed with finding new heights of sensation and debauchery and their collective emotions were strong enough to spontaneously manifest a new Chaos God. Craftworld Eldar invented the path system to allow them to control their emotions and prevent themselves from repeating the Fall, byt Dark Eldar still keep going like before the Fall.
>>
>>45065747
>byt Dark Eldar still keep going like before the Fall

Not quite. Vect's coup forced a very important cultural change upon Commoragh which, while on the face of things didn't change much, means they're not going to accidentally create a second Fall. The ancient Eldar were devoted completely and utterly to hedonistic indulgence, but Commorite society is so ruthlessly, murderously brutal that most Dark Eldar who do the same will find themselves killed and replaced by a more ambitious underling. Dark Eldar might embrace their passions in a way that Craftworld Eldar do, but the pursuit of them doesn't define their society. The obsessive, never-ending drive to claim power (and the safety it provides) does.
>>
>>45065747
>Eldar have faster metabolism,
>live waylonger than humans
fucking 40k mang
>>
>>45064112
[Insert Heavy Weapons Guy speech about outsmarting boolet here]
>>
>>45066073
Better tech, better diet
>>
File: 1451515963963.jpg (849 KB, 1181x1704) Image search: [Google]
1451515963963.jpg
849 KB, 1181x1704
>>45061641
Superior in pretty much every conceivable way.
>>
>>45066073
Eldar are an artifically created species taht was pretty much engineered to be "perfect", so they probably have ways to combat the effect of free oxygen radicals (the formation of which is the main reason slower metabolism translates to living longer, as the free radicals damage cells and are produced as ametabolic byproduct).

Eldar biology is weird, anyway. Everybody remembers Xenology for the "erogenous ears" and and "must have sex during pregnancy to succesfully complete it" parts, but it has a whole bunch of interesting stuff. Like, apparently Eldar bonus are made from a resin-like material that appears to ahve solidified from liquid, they have free-roaming lymph glands and even the Magos Biologis couldn't figure out how their digestive system is supposed to work (it seemingly lacks any way to move material through their intestines, for one thing).
>>
>>45066166
>creating a tranny chaos god
>bipolar disorder civilisation
>broken and scattered people after just one chaos god ripped them a new one

Meanwhile

>humanity
>created khorne
>created tzeentch
>created nurgle
>all manly strong chaos gods, who require strength, wits and endurance
>could whimpy space faggots create a god of power, wisdom and stamina?
>I don't think so
>After creating three source gods and imprisoning a ctan humanity went on to create a galactic empire
>Look at me
>Then on your craftworld
>Then at me again
>I'm on a Throne
>>
>>45066324
>humanity
>created khorne
>created tzeentch
>created nurgle
They really didn't though.
>>
>>45061728
>not noticeably stronger
You have to be stronger in order to be faster.
In order to run to the speed of sound, if you weigh as much as a human, and run like a human, if you need to be 5000 times stronger to have the same acceleration curve.
Even if you use longer to accelerate, like 4 seconds, you still need to be almost 2000 times stronger.

The same with stopping, and all that. Now the Eldar have psionic super power armor. Which helps, but beneath that they would still be in the 100 range stronger.
Inb4 some autists forgets what linear scaling is, and how little 100 times stronger is
>>
>>45066324
>created khorne
>created tzeentch
>created nurgle
Except they didn't.
>>
File: 1453770546760.jpg (70 KB, 526x701) Image search: [Google]
1453770546760.jpg
70 KB, 526x701
>>45066334
11th century Europe did mutha fuka

Deus vultures!
>>
>>45066432
Fucking auto correct

Vult *
>>
>>45066334
I mean they contributed as much as anyone else did but I'm willing to bet those guys came about loooong before the Imperium was a thing.
>>
>>45064112
Faster than human.
Not round from heavy bolter emplacement.
>>
>>45066427
I don't think the eldar are ghost shrimp.
>>
Not that anon>>45062049

Since y'all already cleared up half-eldar guy isn't canon anymore and with the weird pregnancy thing >>45066192 brought up I got another question:

Could there be an Eldar child raised by humans? I'd like an Eldar psyker for the henchmen of my Ordo Xenos Inquisitor and at first was thinking about making him half-eldar.

Since that's out of the question full eldar is the next best thing, but how to tie him to imperial service?

A fullgrown seer would hardly join a henchmen band and would be too powerful to be represented by a lvl1 psyker with human stats anyway
>>
File: nyoron.png (173 KB, 491x495) Image search: [Google]
nyoron.png
173 KB, 491x495
>>45066601
>Eldar psyker for the henchmen of my Ordo Xenos Inquisitor
On a scale of abbaddon to horus, how heretical are you being?
>>
>>45066467
>Mantis shrimp
>....Both types strike by rapidly unfolding and swinging their raptorial claws at the prey....
>....In smashers, these two weapons are employed with blinding quickness....
>....with an acceleration of 10,400 g(102,000 m/s2)
Ghost shrimps are even further down the scale. At human scale, that would be what... a 500 000x increase.
>>
>>45066670
Well, I can't be that bad, seeing how space orang-utans are right there in the codex and my dear colleagues from the Ordo Malleus get Daemon Hosts, Daemon Blades, Hellrifles that shoot Daemon bullets...

but to answer your question: I'm Magnus level heretical, I did nothing wrong!
>>
>>45066601
Not that anon, but human-Eldar hybrids are a thing in Commorragh. Problem is that they are treated as mongrels and slaves, or as meatshields that are send to their deaths and have the DEldar laugh at them for that.

You can do it so that your half-Eldar henchman was found as a baby on a badly damaged DEldar ship that was transporting slaves to Commorragh but something happened and it did not enter the webway. You killed the DEldar, but they did kill the slaves to spite you...except for one that they didn't kill in time and that's your potential half-Eldar henchman. And knowing that one of the parents was one of the DEldar on the ship, you can get the idea how it came into being.
>>
>>45066755
Thanks, anon! Should've expected it really, go Commorites!

Where's that fluff from? Better dust off my old DEldar codex, or would that be the 7e one?
>>
>>45066601
Remember that planet purged by firenigga vulkan where Eldar and humans coexisted?
What of there were other such planets, possibly in uncharted spaces or beyond the reach of the Astronomican?
Try working from there - exodite words are a rough place, a cataclysm killed off a sizeable chunk of exoditville, parents of both races take some orphans under their wing.
Have a Rogue Trader visit the world and add one such specimen to his retinue because of reason, or disrupting DEldar slave raid and liberating captives, or something else you fancy.
>>
>>45066809
Probably even the authors did mention something about this being a possibility.

DEldar are all but picky and will go and get their hands on everything that can be shagged by them.
>>
>>45066818
Oh, I like that. I could see my inquisitor purging those heretical LoveCanBloomers but spare the little one(s) who can still be saved for the Emperor!

The henchman psyker would of course be heavily indoctrinated, to prevent heresy from happening. Better stick some tubes and shit up his brain too.
>>
>>45061829
This is some cute heresy
>>
File: whats-wrong-with-you.gif (721 KB, 446x251) Image search: [Google]
whats-wrong-with-you.gif
721 KB, 446x251
>>45063252
>half eldar
>cool.
>>
>>45066918
Your right. its fucking hot.
>>
>>45066755
Source of half eldar existing in commoragh.
The only place where they would make any sort of sense is in the labs of the Haemonculi. Humans and the Eldar are two completely distinct species after all, so a babby being conceived between the two naturally makes about as much sense as humans and orks being able to reproduce.
>>
>>45066432
Khorne and Nugle gained consciousness around that time, they were formed before that. And its not like humanity were the only species in the galaxy at that time. They just took a particular interest in humans.
>>
>>45066953
>Conceived

That word does not exist in Commorragh.
>>
>>45066818
WHFB world?
>>
>>45066976
So Deldars just pops out from the crusted cumstains of orgy sessions?
>>
>>45066990
Actually most of them do (or rather they are bred matrix- style, that's the tube born)

That's why the Trueborn are called Trueborn - cause they were actually born from real mommies and daddies.
>>
>>45066990
Nah, more like most of them come out of tubes with fertilized eggs. Those who come out from the proper twat are those High-Born bratty snobs.

Replace rape with conceive. Then again DEldar women do not care what it is as long as it pleases them.
>>
>>45066990
Most of them are grown in clone pods. Only the very, very rich Dark Eldar actually have children in the traditional sense, its just too difficult to try and keep a pregnant Dark Eldar female alive through the entire gestation period, and then have to nurse the child to adulthood with every rival of the parents trying their best to torture the little shitling to death to get at the parents.

Plus its much harder for Eldar to have successful pregnancies than it is for humans because ever since the destruction of their psntheon theirs been a shortage of souls strong enough to avoid just being devoured by slaanesh and the child being stillborn.
>>
>>45065747
>Eldar move with a speed that is difficult for a naked eye to follow.

That seems ridiculous tbqh. You have to be moving fucking FAST to not be able to see it properly. Eldar aren't super l33t ninja. They might be better then humans all around but the most elite of humans, Adeptus Astartes, Inquisitors, Veteran Guardsmen, etc can all fight mostly equally with Eldars
>>
File: 1453592668615.jpg (266 KB, 1024x1201) Image search: [Google]
1453592668615.jpg
266 KB, 1024x1201
>>45061641
Think of an orangutan.

That is your average mon-keigh.
>>
>>45067030
But orangutans are way stronger than humans.
>>
>>45064112
There are a lot of humans.

Though usually eldar can deal with guardsman squadroons alone.
>>
>>45067030
Is she undressing or is she equipping the armor?
I am confused as fuck
>>
File: Farseerer 1.png (858 KB, 627x860) Image search: [Google]
Farseerer 1.png
858 KB, 627x860
>>45067041
Of course. While the difference is not to scale, they still are physically stronger than Eldar, while lacking in pretty much everything else.

>yfw we are the Eldar of our order
>>
>>45067060
>Is she undressing or is she equipping the armor?
Yes
>>
>>45067020
Adeptus Astartes is mobile artillery platforms.
Don't forget there is no mechanic to represent how many units a unit figure is in the tabletop, due differences in size skirmish and not wanting to give official numbers.
Outside of the fact a single guardsman might represent several hundred people. Or thousands.
>>
>>45066975
Do you not take a particular interest in your creator?
>>
>>45067073
I take interest in ants too
>>
>>45066976
Yes it does.
The wast majority of Deldar are conceived normally. It is just that the half born are taken out of the wombs of their mommies and then sped grown by the Haemonculi, whereas the Trueborn get to grow inside the mommy eldar the normal way.
>>
>>45066324

The Eldar had a bigger, more secure Empire than Humans ever have. The Webway on its own is a more impressive feat than literally anything humanity has ever done.

I'm not saying they're vastly superior to humans in every way, but the Eldar empire was immense and powerful, with stability mankind could only dream of.

Also, as stated twice, humans didn't create any of the chaos gods; their creation is an amalgamation of ALL psychic bleed off from everyone. The only race to full-on birth their own god is, in fact, the Eldar, because their psychic capabilities vastly outstrip pretty much every other race by leaps and bounds. While, admittedly, individual human psykers reach levels of power that compare to, or even outstrip, the most powerful Eldar, they lack anything resembling the control or mastery of the warlocks and farseers.
>>
>>45067020
They don't necessarily move so fast you can't properly see them, just fast enough that it would be difficult for your gaze to track them. Like you turn your head to where they were, but they've already sprinted somewhere else.
>>
>>45067020
That is how their codexes have described their movement speed since forever m8.
> Eldar aren't super l33t ninja

That is exactly what they are.
>>
>>45066730

>Daemon Hosts
>Daemon Blades
>Hellrifles
>Daemon Bullets

Where's a picture of Chris Hansen wearing an Ordo Hereticus outfit when you need one...
>>
>>45067073
I too find squabbling retarded idiots hitting themselves with sticks. Interesting. Again they only gained consciousness around that time. They took interest in humans and a couple hundred more alien races.

While Birdbrain Mcnerdlord prepared himself cause he knew his solo rule is ending and was about to get his shit kicked in.
>>
>>45061641
According to WFRPG 1st Ed., elves (eldars) are very superior to humans. They fight and shoot better. They are quicker, more intelligent, have more willpower and courage, are better leaders, etc. The only aspect where they are inferior to humans, is that they have one less hit point.
>>
>>45067090
>While, admittedly, individual human psykers reach levels of power that compare to, or even outstrip, the most powerful Eldar, they lack anything resembling the control or mastery of the warlocks and farseers.
That's largely because the Eldar have to hold back, on account of the whole "avoiding the gaze of Slaanesh" thing. Going full retarded with their powers would invite certain death, so they generally use their powers in more subtle and controlled manner. Before the Fall you probably had Eldar psykers doing more impressive displays of psychic might, as they didn't have to worry about having their soul sucked out by Slaanesh.
>>
>>45067123
How much does that hitpoint count for in that system?
>>
>>45067129

Potentially? We have no canonical proof of this, though, but I seem to recall that we do have definite, explicit proof that the average psychic ability of the Eldar as a race is COMICALLY higher than humans, since just about any Eldar that wants to can take the path of the Warlock, if I recall correctly.

Fuck that was a horrible sentence.
>>
>>45061641
Think Vulcan level superior.
>>
>>45067090
Well despite that, humanity has been locked in several centuries of war so I don't think there is any time to produce culture and technological (non-weaponizable) advancements. I'm going out on a limb here and saying that the Eldar probably have had long times of peace to get to the place they are now in terms of tech and culture.
>>
>>45067153
Yes, all Eldar are at least latent psykers. Much of their technology is psychically activated. Most likely they all have potential to become full-blown psykers with the correct training, considering there doesn't seem to be a particular requirements to becoming a Warlock and any Eldar stuck on the Path of Artisan eventually becomes a Bonesinger (who can shape wraithbone with their mind).
>>
>>45067122
You're trying to act like Humans aren't the absolute focus of the majority of chaos. Sure there would be individual daemons and the like that are more interested in other xeno races, however the major players, like the gods themselves, almost solely focus on humanity,

This is because, Humanity covers most of the known galaxy.
They are the largest by far source of chaotic power in the galaxy due to their sheer, staggerring numbers and intense emotions.

Orks, Necrons, Tyranids and the Tau either have their own gods or no gods. Eldar either exclusively contribute to their own gods or Slaanesh. Good ole disciples of Slaany are constantly described as androgynous and uncanny valley levels of beautiful, this is also an apt description of Eldar.

Whilst we can all agree that the true essence of each god comes from ALL life, their sentience comes from solely humans or Eldar in a 3 to 1 ratio.
>>
>>45067198
11th century humanity anon.
>>
>>45067060
Equipping.
>>
If eldar were artificially bred for war why are they inferior to marines in almost every way? Emperor had to work around the limitations of human body and had to settle for less powerful but controlable marines over Thunder Warriors, while old ones created them from scratch.

How come even orks beat them in many aspects?
>>
>>45061682

Namefag faggin' it up I see.
Name made me giggle.
>>
>>45061798
Yeah, a trained human is initiative 3, initiative 4 marines are described as disconcertingly fast so even an average eldar is inhumanly fast and their trained warriors are almost impossible to follow
>>
>>45066427
>You have to be
no, because this isn't the real world

They're elves. All the magic in their blood makes them faster.
>>
>>45067020
Space Marines also move to fast for the eye to follow and they are huge.
>>
>>45067359

Because Eldar were meant to be as numerous as humans, and individual aspect warriors can give marines a run for their money.

Eldar pacified the shit out of the Orks too
>>
>>45067030
Except regular Mon-keigh isn't stronger than regular Eldar.
>>
>>45067163
>vulcans
>superior
Kirk would like a word with you.
>>
>>45066755
It's not confirmed. It just says there are hybrids and mutants in Commoragh. Nowhere is it mentioned that they are human and Eldar hybrids, or that they are actually natural hybrids and not just some genetic Dark Eldar fuckery
>>
>>45067122
I'm pretty sure Nurgle is the oldest. Then Khorne, Tzeentch and finally Slaanesh.
>>
>>45067864
you're wrong
>>
>>45061762
Fuck you, they're "almost the same as Eldar." Tolkein invented the word Eldar, that's the word for his elves.
>>
>>45066427
Wouldn't 100 times stronger mean Eldar can easily say... Squat 40 tons? Or bench 10 tons? Or lift 5 tons overhead?
I'm gonna call bullshit.
>>
>>45066432
Nah, they were around before.
>>
>>45067919
Dude, he is not implying eldar came first, stop raging like a little bitch. You sound like a fanboy who spergs because of stupid assumptions, and this is a 40k thread so that is saying A LOT haha.
>>
>>45067984
The average bench for men is around 135. That means that at 100 times they could bench 6.75 tons. This is however a slow twitch activity and as someone else above said they are almost purely quick twitch muscle fiber for that insane movement speed. Not sure how good a purely quick twitch muscle would fair in activities like benchpressing but i'd assume there's be endurance issues for holding it up but getting it up there wouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>45067072
One mini is one guy. You are only playing little firefights. The game dealing with the big fights was discontinued.
>>
>>45061641
Physically: The warriors are stronger on average (not sure about a path of the poet Eldar gal or even regular untrained Eldar folk), also faster than your average guardsman. Astartes give them a good run for their money though.

Psychic: average CWE Eldar >> average human psyker but some exceptional human psykers can push back well. A librarian seems to hold his own against a warlock. All Eldar are psychic while only some humans are. DE have outbred/outlawed psychic stuff within themselves iirc.

Emotionally: their emotions are supposed to run much deeper than in humans which caused the Fall in the end. So either they revel in causing pain and debauchery, they deaden themselves inside by going full autism on some job, or they go Amish. A lot of their energy is directed just to keep themselves from overflowing. To them our emotions are primitive and we don't even reign them in, but then we never started tantrums because a sunset was disappointing either, and Slaanesh won't eat us the moment we loose it, so we don't need to.

Mentally: they used to be capable of great innovation like humanity back in DaoT but these days they rely on their psychic powers in their great crafts and have either gotten a bit lazy with it, or Amish around baking pottery and riding dinosaurs. The innovative ones are the DE but then mostly come up with new fleshcraft and ways of torture.

CWE constantly look into the future to predict battle movements and still get BTFO every now and then, suggesting that they aren't complete kings of the hill in that aspect. Not saying every human can beat an Eldar at chess but despite their superior technology, psychic mumbo jumbo and better warriors, we still send them home with their tails behind their legs every now and then, indicating that we must be doing something right. Maybe it's simply that we have had to rely on pure intellect rather than psychic help. DE seem master schemers though.
>>
File: 1453938798611.jpg (139 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1453938798611.jpg
139 KB, 800x800
>>45061829
>>
>>45067359
>How come even orks beat them in many aspects?
Because Orks were the next project, after Eldar, of the making-lesser-races-for-war Old Ones.
They didn't get finished, hence the dumb, but they were 2nd major warrior race created for their fight.
>>
File: Eldar guardian stats.png (620 KB, 772x387) Image search: [Google]
Eldar guardian stats.png
620 KB, 772x387
>>45067359
Eldar civilians possess nearly as potent combat prowess as Marines do m8.
And that's not even taking in the account the Aspect warriors, who are on the level of marines.
>>
>>45068126
If we go by the Valedor novel, predicting the future completely accurately is super fucking hard for the Eldar, as seeing the threads of the of Fate clearly is nearly impossible. That is due to both the very nature of the warp itself, but also because there are malignant entities within the warp that actively scheme against the Eldar, seek to block out certain potential paths of fate from the view of seers, and in general, make reading the future as hard as possible.
>>
>>45061641
They are faster and stronger, i haven't read their recent armybook's fluff.

but unless they changed a ton of shit since 3/4/5th they are a tier above the average human with the aspect warriors being on par to a space marine in fluff.
>>
I was thinking of making a human Rogue Trader character who'd actually been to Cammoragh (as a slave) and became free, after a pirate crew brought him along on their ship as a toy (for torture or whatever they could think of) as entertainment until they could get their hands on some new victims, but after the DEldar were forced to abandon their ship he was rescued. I was thinking maybe a former Commissar or such, since it'd take quite a willstrong person to have any semblance of a functional psyche after such an ideal. Thoughts on this?
>>
>>45071610
>*Commorragh
Fucking alternate spelling.
>>
>>45065670
>>45062104
What was it retconned by? Just like a statement that old fluff isn't canon anymore, or by like actual new fluff?
>>
>>45061829

Gorgeous heresy.

Can we say that she's biomodded as a disguise? Or a minor but sanctioned abhuman with some Eldar features but 100% human? I can easily imagine some eldaraboos back during the DAoT engineering their kids to look more elfin. Hell, it's happening already IRL via surgery.

Plus there are sanctioned xenos in the FFG games. In those situations she might be part of an Inquisitor's retinue, though of course never an inquisitor herself.
>>
>>45071780
he wasn't retconned per say.

he was just simply forgotten about.
>>
>>45071780
There have been no mentions of half eldar in any fluff in well over a decade. Also, seeing how the Eldar fluff has began to emphasize the whole "the Eldar are freaking alien despite their superficial appearance to humans" angle, I doubt that dumb shit like half eldar that draw roots far more from Fantasy, are really part of modern 40k.

The only place where the existence of Half Eldar would make at least a bit of sense, is in Haemonculi labs of Commoragh, as those fuckers would probably be able to hybridize two alien species, if for nothing else than shits and giggles.
Though, the results would probably be horrifying abominations, instead of pretty, super speshul, humans that half elves are typically.
>>
File: 1385852126882.jpg (15 KB, 453x557) Image search: [Google]
1385852126882.jpg
15 KB, 453x557
>>45067090
The eldar didn't make the webway you anal astronaut. They just piggybacked on the Old One's success
>>
>>45067090
How can an Empire have a bigger Empire than the Empire whose Empire was the entire galaxy except that other Empire? Also the Eldar never built the webway they just used it after all the Old Ones died off.
>>
>>45071915
Depends on the edition.
>>
>>45071991
The human empire in question is the first one during the golden age of Technology.
Mankind and Eldar were both powerful enough to make the other go nope.avi at the thought of war.
>>
>>45071895
I get a kinda samurai or kendo-like vibe from this armor.
>>
>>45072008
Which ones? Old Ones have almost always been around I'm pretty sure the Webway was always their creation
>>
>>45071991

Easily. There's Imperial worlds everywhere in the galaxy but the rulebooks explicitly say it encompasses but a fraction of the total volume and there's loads of non-imperial territory between the various areas it controls. The pre-imperial human territory was probably about the same size, there's easily room for it to overlap with a bigger galaxywide empire.
>>
>>45066730
You know Hellrifle is just slang for HEL-rifle? As in High energy laser? The ones that stormtroopers use? So no bullets involved at all.
>>
>>45072061
Yeah but the Eldar were busy fucking in the Crown Worlds of their empire, which admitedly took up the width of an entire galactic arm, but humans were still capable of taking over everything else the Eldar couldn't be assed to care about.
>>
>>45072092
Until fourth edition, Eldar made the webway. Then newcrons came and needed to be speshul, so the old ones were humped on everything.
>>
>>45066953

This. I could picture eldar or humans engineered to have enhancements inspired by each other. Or, even better, surgical alterations to graft human parts onto eldar or vice versa.

But straight interbreeding is non-canon and anyone modded after the fact wouldn't be able to breed true (usually).
>>
>>45072061
Untrue.
The AOT humanity never posed a threat to the Eldar empire.
Also, there is no confirmation that the AOT humanity even had an unified empire. There could just as well have been countless independent human factions towards the end of AOT.
>>
>>45072099
He's talking about the actual hellrifle, not the hellgun.
Hellguns are laser weapons, yes. They are used by stormtroopers around the galaxy as a much better alternative to lasguns.
Hellrifles are actual slugthrowers, used by radicals, that fire pieces of daemonic matter.
>>
>>45072114
Couldn't be assed or were unable. Endless tides of Man of Iron and Legions of Legions of Castigator- class Titans are a good determent.
If the singularity shooting warships do not make anything nope out before, that is.
DaoT mankind was dope as fuck.
>>
>>45067864
Tzeentch, Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh
>>
>>45067090

As others have said, Eldar didn't invent the Webway. They just inherited it after the Old Ones were defeated.

The Eldar empire isn't necessarily more stable than the human empires. The human empire in the DAoT collapsed because of a galaxy-wide disaster... triggered by the Eldar. It's a little ripe to ignore the fact that the Age of Strife was the Eldar's fault.

A typical eldar has more psychic ability than a typical human. But a typical human psyker has considerably more power than a typical eldar psyker. The eldar have more control over very limited abilities, but far more psykers as a proportion of their population.
>>
>>45072179

Ancient Eldar drove Necrons to sleep, and as revealed in that Admech trilogy with the singularity shooting ship, Necrons have stuff that make all that shit look as complex as a choppa.
>>
>>45072179
Except you know, it is flat out stated in the core rule book, and Eldar dexes, that the Eldar faced absolutely no threats from anything during the zenith of their power. There was nothing that could even marginally pose a threat to them. That is one of the big reasons they eventually became so decadent, as they had for all intents and purposes, become unassailable.

The shit the eldar of 41st millenium possess is but a mere shadow of the weaponry and technology of their ancestors.
>>
>>45067129
>>45067153

A codex said that Eldar lifespan and psi potential went way up as a result of the Fall, while their fertility went way down. It was supposedly the last gift of Asurman.
>>
>>45072134
Source?

Which realm was bigger is never stated as far as i know.
The massive spread out of pre-imperial colonies imply that the Eldar did at least not destroy them, which means something for a race drunk on their own awesomeness.

And at the end of the DAoT there were obviously a shitload of factions, it was a complete breakdown after an extermination war against their own technology.
Warp Storms made any reunification (if existing before, otherwise unification) impossible.
>>
>>45072253
You do realize that the Eldar can't use psychic powers in the same ways as Humans can, because they would attract slaanesh if they did, right?
>>
>>45072297
Just read any introduction part of any eldar codex. They all mention how the ancient Eldar empire was basically completely unassailable.

The reason they did not exterminate humans could easily be simply because they did not care to. I mean, the eldar of that era were not the extremely xenophobic ones of 41st millenium, so as humans, orks, etc posed no threat to them, there was no reason to wipe them out.
>>
>>45067359

Because they were meant to be used in concert with the Krorks. The Orks have brute strength and stamina, while the eldar have firepower and speed. Imagine if not-stupid Orks were battle brothers with aspect warrior formations.

Then also remember that we're seeing the Eldar millions of years after the War in Heaven. It's been tens of millions of years since they fought a war of survival. Since then, success in eldar society pre-Fall means intelligence, artistry, grace, social skills, and ability to cope with indolence.

They've had tens of millions of years to degrade genetically. They were engineered for perfection and combat. Evolution, if anything, has hurt rather than helped them.
>>
>>45072267
You stated the answer.

>At their Zenit.
Which must've been somewere between the long nap of the Necrons and the Birth of Slaanesh, so a couple of million years.

Mankind spread to the Stars far later.

The zenit of the Eldar realm could've been long over by then.
So Mankind could've been a thread as the zenit were the Eldar reigned absolute was over.
>>
>>45072257
That goes for mankind, too.

But I agree Necrons had far more time to develop before making the galaxy shit for everyone else, so they had cooler toys then.
>>
>>45072312

So you're explaining why I'm making a good point, not refuting me.
>>
>>45072359
Or go by the brainboyz fluff, then there's no degradion at all for the big ones. The old leadership degraded and are asumed to be snotlings now.
Orks grow stronger and smarter depending on their opposition. Throw Berserkers against them, and they will always fight head on. Go Operator on them and Commandos will pop up.
Same with their tech.
>>
>>45072253
I wouldn't call a typical human psyker more powerful than a typical Eldar psyker, unless you count having latent psychic ability that all Eldar have as psykers.
Most human psykers are pretty weak. Even the relatively weak sanctioned psykers are actually stronger than average (the weakest ones are used to fuel the Golder Throne). Even the primaris psykers (who are among the more powerful stable unaugmented human psykers) are on par with Eldar warlocks and considerable weaker then farseers. Space Marine librarians can get more powerful than normal humans because of their augmented physique and intense training, but while they can beat a farseer in raw psychci might, the farseer is just as, if not more powerful but uses their power in less direct manners (scrying the future, mainly).
True, humans do occasionally produce alpha-level psykers, but those are a) vanishingly rare and b) are unable to safely contain their powers and tend to go insane or explode into daemons pretty much immediately when their powers manifest.

Eldar psykers also have to be very careful to not attract the attention of Slaanesh, so they prefer less over ways of using their power to exploding everythign with mind bullets and other overt displays of power.
>>
>>45072376
Except the power of the Eldar empire has never been stated to have faded during that time. The whole point of the fall is that the threat to the Eldar came from within, not from other races.

The Eldar empire was outwardly at the height of it's power pretty much all the way up to the fall itself. Though the events that led to the fall took a long time to take place, with the slow spiritual malaise and degradation of the Eldar society taking root, however the actual fall itself, was a rather quick ordeal. If we go by the Asurmen book, the degradation started somewhat gradually, with the Eldar culture becoming more about thrill seeking and hedonism, but it started to eventually rapidly decline to shit like blood cults rampaging trough the streets, the ancestors of the Exodites, and later the Craftworlders fleeing (the book actually depicts the departure of Biel'Tan), to Eldar civil militias waging open war against degenerate gangs, and finally to the Birth of Slaanesh, which flat out killed most Eldar the moment it happened.

>>45072443
I'm saying that comparing the Eldar and human power levels is rather unfair, as you are basically comparing a guy who HAS to keep his powers contained or face horrible consequences, to a guy who has no such limiter.
>>
File: 1452885990190.jpg (151 KB, 1024x726) Image search: [Google]
1452885990190.jpg
151 KB, 1024x726
They pretty much all have higher Initiative than Guardsmen so they must be faster
>>
>>45072554
Can't stand that artist, even his scarred warrior women look like Caucasian-Korean teenagers who've undergone complete facial beauty surgery. Every single one of them.
>>
>>45072536
The Asurmen book also gives some hints to the innate psychic powers of the Eldar, that are not yet fully kept in check by training and discipline.
It has a scene in which an Eldar babby mind controls a human cultist (who was about to kill her and her mother), and forces the cultist to shoot himself. The mother herself was in a state of shock because of various reasons, which is why she was basically out of the situation.

The book also showed that Eldar infants communicate with their parents via psychic means, and that the parent and the child can actually merge their minds together in a sort of communal bond, though based on the dialogue in the book, that seems to be something that is only done when the child is very young.
>>
>>45072603
Well it is the future. Why wouldn't everyone on a stable world become the human ideal.
>>
>>45072424

To put it in perspective, the complex ancient human tech can almost one-shot a (modern) Eldar cruiser with a mini-singularity or oneshot Admech ships and hack terminator armor to lock marines in place in case of Spirit of Eternity.

The good Necron stuff can blow up the entire galaxy.
>>
>>45072645
Lonely virgins on suicide watch shitposting on /mu/ all night are not all mankind.
>>
>>45066192

There are several "lanes" of transhumanist apotheosis. Each of the older races have followed one, and humanity is split into factions each going down one of these lanes (or has become degraded while doing so).

The Eldar started out as a bio-construct warrior race. They pushed down the path of becoming psionic superbeings like their creators. Their failing wasn't raw power or skill, but moral deficiency. This was the lane the Emperor wanted humanity to go down, but with the power of Chaos this was very risky and didn't work out as planned. Navigators are so far the only example of an abhuman species that manages to go down this path. Biomodded subspecies like the Space Marines similarly aim for physical perfection (though superficially they don't resemble Eldar).

The Necrontyr evolved naturally but rapidly reached the end of how far they could enhance with bioenhancement and cybernetics. So (with some persuasion from the C'tan) they went down the road of digitally uploading themselves and becoming Necrons. The Adeptus Mechanicus is on a path that is similar. The downside of this plan is that souls in 40k are real and you can't digitally upload them. Arguably, the Necrons are just copies emulating individuals from a long-dead race.

The Orks were another created species; actually a cluster of species that mutually supported one another. Apparently most of the other castes died out millions of years ago, leaving only the hastily-modified warrior caste left. The downside here is that while the species is wildly successful, no particular individual within it will enjoy that success. No human faction intentionally pursues this end, but the imperium in practice is slowly sliding to a more ork-like state.

The Tyranids and the Kroot follow a similar path as the Orks, though they bear little resemblance to one another; in practice they have suffered the same downside.
>>
It's me >>45066601 again:

From what I've seen in the discussions going on, there's no way/no proof for Human/Eldar hybrids and any likely version of these would be a Haemonculus spawned abomination.

So I guess I'll just fluff it as an actual Eldar, that was picked up by my Xenos Inquisitor, maybe as a child (depending on how fast Eldar mature, i.e. human like but longer period of adulthood, or everything is longer to match their longer lifespan, including childhood)

I was curious about a half-breed, since I want to use human parts for the models body, instead of putting Imperial insignia on an Eldar mini.

As it stands I will have to handwave his stochier build when compared to actual Eldar (and in the end, probably noone but me cares about it on the tabletop)
>>
>>45072516
>exploding everythign with mind bullets

How about the power... to move you?
>>
Pretty sure there is a fluff description of an autarch pulling a darth vader on an imperial, strangling him while Holding him off the ground with one arm and asking stupid rhetorical questions. Not sure about all of them just plain being stronger than humans, i mean, there are unaugmented humans in 40k with strength 4 whole run around using heavy bolters like assault weapons. I think they're just all really fit.
>>
>>45072714

It isn't really a downside for Tyranids and orks because they don't have the consciousness to enjoy something like a human paradise world anyway.
>>
>>45067090
>had
laughingcegorah.mp40
>>
>>45072737
HIstory or Wonderboy, and Young Nastyma-an!
>>
>>45072757
It's a downside from humans because they will never know what it's like to never be discontent for longer than it takes to find another human to punch in the face.
>>
>>45072690

In fairness, human, eldar, necron, and even ork civilizations are far, far fallen from their primes. Any race's lostech is "powerful enough" for plot purposes.

Though I do prefer Necron tech to be way ahead of eldar or human even at their prime. I hate the new Dolmen Gates thing. I much prefer when the necrons could go FTL in realspace with a bland disregard for the speed of light limit. "Fuck you, relativity, we're powered by GREEN." The idea that their tech is not just way beyond DAoT, but stupidly so, is part of the mystique.
>>
>>45072536
>a guy who HAS to keep his powers contained or face horrible consequences, to a guy who has no such limiter.

but anon, ALL imperial human psykers have to control their powers or face horrible consequences. Chaos don't care about that, but they DO face the consequences, even if it's "just" horrible mutation.
>>
So how strong is a Human/Eldar Hybrid? Weaker or stronger then a purebreed? Shackled to Slaanesh? Any Psyker powers?

Just give whatever arbitrary unsupported answer the fluff never gives.
>>
>>45072757

But we don't know the Tyranids' origins. They could well have descended from a race that valued communal survival and adaptation as a race over individual consciousness. Imagine people voluntarily giving their consciousness up for the sake of the collective. (or, if you can't, turn on the evening news).

Or they could have been a bio-construct servitor race that went apeshit.

Or maybe they were never conscious.
>>
>>45072824

Well in a way it is, blowing up the galaxy is far more impressive than superluminal travel without the Warp. It's funny that not even C'tan could help with that while Tyranids can do it.
>>
>>45072836
As strong as a human, but with sleep resistance and the ability to multiclass.
>>
>>45072834
Yeah, but for the Eldar, the fate that awaits if they face the horrible consequences is arguably far, far worse than what humans can experience, seeing how unlike human souls, Eldar souls retain consciousness within the warp, and will be tortured for the rest of eternity by Slaanesh. The Eldar are keenly aware of this fact, which is a big reason why they shy away from overt displays of psychic power.

Also, unlike the Eldar, human psykers don't have one of the 4 chaos gods personally gunning for their souls, just individual predatory deamons, which humans with sufficient mental strength can actually even fight off. You can't fight off a Chaos god coming for your soul directly.
>>
>>45072824
To my knowledge, the Crons still can go FTL with no need to use the webway. The purpose of the Dolmen Gates originally was to allow them to enter the webway, not to use it for travel, but to go in there, and FIGHT the old ones in their own turf.
I mean, webway can house entire realms within it. Without Dolmen Gates, the Necrons would have never been able to attack those realms.
>>
>>45072879

I thought that the Tyranids just moved slower than light and hibernated... Does this appear anywhere toher than the 5th edition codex?

I get that that makes it canon, kind of, but I don't have to like it.
>>
>>45072874

Yes, but in any of those cases lacking the ability to enjoy human (or eldar) comforts isn't really a downside for nids, in the first option they chose to forego them, and in the other two such things were always alien to them.
>>
Whilst it's pretty obvious that natural human/eldar hybrids are a no-go, could it be possible that by some manner of psychic manipulation by the Eldar (and/or the human too if they're a psyker) the conception is successful?

I mean using the warp always has been a big fuck-you to the natural order, doesn't seem impossible to use it to influence genetic recombination.
>>
well howling banshees are generally better than Assault Marines, but the Eldar arent augmented. So a trained Eldar will be comparable to Space Marines in every way but sheer mass and raw strength.
>>
>>45072948

It's heavily implied in Pharos, where Imperials accidentally lure tyranids towards the galaxy. If their travel wasn't superluminal, they would already be in the galaxy by 30k.
>>
>>45072948
The nids use some weird gravity fuckery to travel faster than light between star systems. Inside a solar system, they go slower than light, though still pretty quickly.
>>
>>45072062
I see it like a minimalistic thing that highlights the "art" aspect of the abomination while hiding the normal "boring" bit behind something that won't hinder his movement. Its like everything he wears minus the helmet is a picture frame and the mods are the art. The helmets just there to shield the brain.
>>
>>45061829
I'm so conflicted right now. It's Heresy, but it looks so good
>>
>>45066953
>Source of half eldar existing in commoragh
Mandrakes are one of three things according to the last codex I bought; they're either Eldar right on the edge of the explosion when Slaanesh was born which got pulled halfway into the warp, deliberately made themselves that way or were the result of Eldar Daemon interbreeding.
>>
>>45072715
forgot to thank y'all for your input, so

Thank you!

>>45072824
I agree, the "fuck relativity" approach would work so well wit Newcron fluff too: all their technological superiority, heck, they could even use arcane energies harvested from c'tan shards to power their ships.

>>45072901
I know, that's why they have their Ghosthelms and their Runes. And within their Craftworlds the psychic shielding provided by the infinity circuit keeps them safe from Slaanesh (there was a story of Eldrad taking off all his protective gear and relaxing and meditating. It's the one where he listens to Ynnead's heartbeat, I think. I wish I still had that WD). The torture would indeed be worse.

Humans pretty much do the same though, with the Soul binding ritual, psychic hoods and all that. Also the Inquisition closely monitors the populace, precicely because human psykers are so easily exploited by Chaos.
>>
>>45073068
The fluff regarding them is purposefully vague about their origins though.
Also, the topic was specifically about human-eldar hybrids.
>>
>>45072997
Can you expend
>>
>>45073068
I thought Mandrakes were part Eldar part shadowthings that live inbetween dimensions? - some kind of shadow realm beyond the webway but not in the empyrean proper
>>
>>45073144
Might be, I thought it was 'warp beings' but I could be wrong. Either way there was some impressive heresy going on.

>>45073094
As far as I know there are no human/eldar hybrids in fluff any more, though the point is that there are thing/eldar hybrids and that they're not above trying it. Where people get confused I think is that in their first codex it mentions that humans live in Commoragh and that it's used as a kind of galactic Tortuga by bandits of all stripes.

As for their background, it used to be explicitly that they were caught in the blast but the other stuff was added later, which makes me suspect they're going down the hybrid route.
>>
>>45073246
Loads of aliens live in Commoragh, because, as you said, it is basically galactic Tortuga.
There are orks, kroot, humans, and stranger aliens that make living as mercenaries there.
>>
>>45073246
>As far as I know there are no human/eldar hybrids in fluff any more
Novel Chapter's Due has mixed corsair.
>>
>>45073323
BL novels are not a reliable source.
>>
>>45066601
Back when Wardseers were a thing I wanted to model a disgruntled beat up Farseer with torn robes, the bandaged arm from the Cadian command box and covered in an obnoxious amount of purity seals for my guard army. Like some real entrepreneur of an imperial commander had a bright idea.
>>
>>45073323
If I remember correctly she's just rumoured to be helf-eldar due to her grace and lightning reflexes. Considering she's a chaos-worshipping pirate those could very well be result of a blessing from the dark gods.
>>
>>45073438
Tigurius said that she was half breed.
>>
>>45066432
Would be weird if the first crusade spawned khorne, the sheer scale of the various asian genocides massively overshadows anything Europe's ever done.
>>
>>45073438

Although Honsou thought her being half-eldar was plausible when they met, and he should be able to recognize Chaos gifts.
>>
>>45073473
Doesn't mean that she is actually a half breed.
>>
>>45073520

It's good evidence for it. Those books were by Graham McNeill, who has worked as a codex writer and is one of BL's inner circle authors so he knows what's going on in 40k and what isn't.
>>
>>45073412
What's a wardseer? (lexicanum got nothing and google keeps telling me about warseer)
Maybe the primaris psyker in the current codex could supply the rules for a counts as? The seer would've lost a mastery level during his conversion to the Imperial Creed, or maybe it's all the purity seals breaking his concentration
>>
>>45061829
do some eldar work for the Impire?
>>
>>45073619
Empire
>>
>>45073569
That doesn't mean that the man can't make mistakes.
Half Eldar make no sense given the fluff of the Eldar.

>>45073619
No eldar would lower oneself to working "for" what they consider lesser beings. At best, some of them might employ themselves as mercenaries that some less xenophobic imperial factions might use. That's the closest they come to working for imperials. Otherwise, they might be temporary allies.
>>
>>45073569
>Those books were by Graham McNeill, who has worked as a codex writer and is one of BL's inner circle authors so he knows what's going on in 40k and what isn't.
I'd have stuck with Tigerius saying she's a half-breed considering a sizable portion of /tg/ doesn't give a shit what McNeil or BL says.
>>
>>45072282
>Eldar lifespan and psi potential went way up
>while their fertility went way down
>A gift from Asurmen

Asurmen confirmed for being a giant dick.
>>
>>45073675

Fluff given by who?

The only fluff that contradicts it is Si Spurrier's (who never actually worked for GW or did Merrett-coordinated projects) xenology, and that is "in-universe"written by pre-retcon necrons and madmen.
>>
>>45073859
He thought more lifespan and psychic power was worth more than fertility. In a way it's a good thing. No the Eldar can't pop out too many kids just for Slaanesh to eat.
>>
>>45073868
The fact that Eldar are alien species whose biology is very, very different from humans, despite their external appearances. Their dexes all mention how they are utterly alien despite seeming likeness to humans.

Eldar and human breeding successfully makes as much sense as humans and orks, or humans and tau, being able to interbreed.
>>
>>45073936

None of the codices and rulebooks say anything about alien biochemistry. The Rogue Trader rulebook's explicit statement about humans and eldar being able to interbeed hasn't been contradicted either. They move in a creepy and alien way but that's always been there.
>>
>>45061641
>A bit taller
Eldar are as tall as space marines
>>
>>45073936
They were both created by old ones.
>>
>>45073973
Why would they need to?
The Eldar being inhuman is very apparent in the way they are described. There has been no mention of half eldar in any dexes or rulebooks in two fucking decades.

There is no other piece of old rogue trader era fluff that people cling onto as much as the stupid half eldar librarian, and I will never understand why.
Do people actually want that sort of retarded shit in 40k?

>>45074071
So were the orks, yet, nobody is trying to argue that half orks are a thing in 40k. I am convinced that the only reason people want half eldar is because they want to make some speshul oc donutsteel characters or some shit.
>>
>>45070430
Let's not pretend that eldar bakers being as skilled at fighting as Astartes isn't THE single stupidest thing to happen to 40k in since 6th Edition
>>
>>45074133
>So were the orks
Orks don't have genders and reproduce through spores.

>is because they want to make some speshul oc donutsteel characters or some shit.
No it's because people want to make babies with their waifus.
>>
>>45074175
No, Eldar civilians being as shit in combat as IG are was fucking retarded, when they were always described to be far above them.

The Eldar are superhuman beings. It is fitting that they got superhuman stats.
>>
>>45074236
4/10

Got me to respond.
>>
>>45074204
>Orks don't have genders and reproduce through spores

The Eldar are an alien species, and assuming that their reproduction works the same as that of humans, or is compatible with humans is retarded.

>No it's because people want to make babies with their waifus.
That's even worse reason.
>>
>>45074133

Eldar are described as humanlike, even attractive, it's their body language and movements that are alien. There was also a half-eldar in Necromunda, child of some Ranger and a hiver woman iirc. Orks are a completely different matter in that there's never been any indication they were physically similar never mind capable of breeding with humans, even before they became fungus.

Even Eldar characters themselves realize the similarities, Abnett's "Blind Hopes":

>She wondered what the humans would make of her. A goddess, no doubt. In their eyes, she was a woman, far above average height for a human female, slender, and majestic. It was a ironic joke of the Cosmos that Eldar and human were so physically alike. Her perfection would have triggered wars of lust and driven human males to despair.

>She liked that idea. The mammals of Terra, weeping at her impossible beauty.

>She wept too. She wept blood. She wept for her mouldering craftworld and the shades of all those of her race that had perished. She wept because she had seen what was coming.

>Her name was Ela' Ashbel, Farseer. She considered what a human mouth would make of her name.
>>
>>45074301
>The Eldar are an alien species, and assuming that their reproduction works the same as that of humans, or is compatible with humans is retarded.

That is Canon though. The Eldar view it as some sick joke the universe is pulling on them.
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-20+at+07.23.03).png (4 KB, 97x94) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-20+at+07.23.03).png
4 KB, 97x94
>>45074175
>trained militia of better-than-human race shouldn't be as good as elite of that race
>>
>>45074301
>The Eldar are an alien species, and assuming that their reproduction works the same as that of humans, or is compatible with humans is retarded.
You are talking about space fantasy setting, not some hard sci-fi bullshit.
>>
>>45074296
Do you got any actual arguments why Eldar baseline stats shouldn't be almost on par with Spesh Muhreens?

Again, the Eldar are superhuman beings.
>>
>>45074338
>Again, the Eldar are superhuman beings.
Uh, so are Spess Muhreens, that's the entire point of their existence.
>>
>>45074327
eh, they should be on par with stormtroopers.
space marines are pretty much post human bullshit
>>
>>45074417

Yeah, and that's why both have +1 WS/BS over Guardsmen.
>>
>>45073585
>>45073585
Back when the psychic rules were different and the allies rules were new, people took to picking eldar allies solely to have a Farseer with wards to force opponents to roll three dice on their leadership tests to use psychic powers, considerably increasing their chance of getting perils of the warp.
>>
>>45074312
None of that means that the Eldar are reprodutctively compatible with humans.
Also, the fluff state that while the Eldar are beautiful by human standards this beauty is shared by both sexes. Humans find both male and female eldar attractive. However, I remember reading a bit in some dex that mentioned that seeing the Eldar move immediately betrays their inhuman and alien nature, and is even disturbing to witness to humans.

>>45074325
>That is Canon though. The Eldar view it as some sick joke the universe is pulling on them.
Source on that.

>>45074336
So?
How is that even an argument against this?
By same margin, you could argue that every other xeno race could breed with humans, cus "its spesh fantasy, so obviously halfbreeds are a thing, despite them making no sense".
>>
>>45074417
Yes, and?
The Eldar baseline is simply on par with what is consider superhuman among humans.
>>
>>45074468
>you could argue that every other xeno race could breed with humans,
Except that no one looks so close to human as eldar.
>>
>>45074500
Why would it be?
>>
File: Dark Eldar face.jpg (117 KB, 540x891) Image search: [Google]
Dark Eldar face.jpg
117 KB, 540x891
>>45074508
So what?
The Eldar are still a freaking alien species. Again, their dexes all state that despite their outward similarity to humans, they are still inherently alien and inhuman.
>>
>>45074537
Why shouldn't it be?
It makes far more sense for it to be higher than that of standard humans, like IG, seeing how the Eldar posses both far better reflexes, senses, and speed, than your run of the mill human does.
>>
>>45074562
Still they are mammals with breasts, have genders, and they look attractive to humans.
>>
>>45074537

Because GW wants it.

>>45074508
Yep, the Eldar interbreeding actually was explicitly mentioned during 2e and RT, and alluded to later. It's always been there so it's weird that some get butthurt about it.
>>
>>45074595
Yes, and?
Again, still an alien species.
The fuckers can turn into god damn crystal as they age.
>>
well howling banshees are generally better than Assault Marines, but the Eldar arent augmented. So a trained Eldar will be comparable to Space Marines in every way but sheer mass and raw strength.
>>
File: Necron Lord.jpg (698 KB, 1554x2137) Image search: [Google]
Necron Lord.jpg
698 KB, 1554x2137
>The universe groaned as scything waves of light emerged from the praetorians’ covenant rods. Weeping humans, eyes and mouths wide, desperation spewing from their wretched faces, erupted into clouds of burning ash. Other bodies were dragged out of buildings by unthinking, unfeeling warriors and lined up in rows for incineration. It was endlessly fascinating, Anrakyr mused, that life always followed the same paths. They were fleshy and pink or brown, all colours drawn from the same palette. Some were tall. Others were short. Female and male. But they all followed the same template.

>Two legs. Two arms. One head. How unbelievably common. The universe tried to impose order, from the eldar to the necrontyr to these human dregs. Two by two. A curious coincidence or evidence of some great plan? That it all led to entropy and disruption, to chaos, was an eternal shame. Only the necrons had refused such predestination, electing to take a different path rather than walk down the road that led to destruction.

-SOB: Devourer

Eldar and humans follow the same template.

So says Anrakyr the Traveller.
>>
>>45074615
>Because GW wants it.
GW only wants money.
>>
>>45074628
>not wanting a half crystalline waifu
>>
>>45073931
Hey, so we outdo Eldar pretty well and quite consistently at something!
Fucking more of us into existence.
Humanity fuck... yeah, humanity fucks.
>>
>>45074628
>The fuckers can turn into god damn crystal as they age.
Admech and space marines turn into metal slobs as they age. Your point?
>>
>>45074657
We outdo them pretty handily in the "not dooming our species by binding our souls to the Chaos God we gave birth to" department.
>>
>>45074638

>that feel when humans and eldar exist being fleshy and propagating chaos and entropy in the galaxy

Being a Necron is suffering.
>>
>>45074637
Plus I believe its stated that they posses zero redundant organs. Meaning if anything important gets damaged they're probably fucked.
>>
>>45074657
We do out number them but Orks and Nids top us in that. Maybe we have better folk lore and cooking than them too?
>>
>>45074698

That was in Xenology so dubious, just like Eldar not having any body fat. It would be pretty stupid to design warriors that get disabled by any injury anyway.
>>
>>45074175
I was under the impression that even basic guardians were Eldar who had walked the path of the warrior before and not just lolandumb citizen number 3... or was that just stormguardians?

>>45074459
ah, I see. thanks for clearing that up
>>
>>45074720
Apparentely in 40k all our food tastes of promethium, the air is badly recycled, stale air and even the water (recycled from piss) is unpalatable to any Eldar. So probably not the food.
>>
>>45074777
So we do have better folk lore than them.
>>
File: lelith.png (143 KB, 443x599) Image search: [Google]
lelith.png
143 KB, 443x599
>>45074537

Consider Lelith Hesperax. Physical peak unaugmented Eldar who doesn't use performance enhancers. WS/BS/I above any human or Space Marine. GW intends Eldar to be superhumanly fast and skilled.
>>
>>45074777
>Apparentely in 40k all our food tastes of promethium
Even like....an apple?
>>
>>45074615
I hate the notion because it is god damn stupid, and makes 40k even more like just spesh fantasy than it already is. It dilutes and degrades the Eldar, making them less alien, and more just pointy eared humans.
Half-eldar also ad nothing to the setting, at least in the way most people here seem to want it, which is just pretty psychic humans aka, how half elves are in fantasy. The main reasons why people even seem to want them is so that they can make some speshul snowflake characters.
I am so damn glad that GW has basically completely dropped the notion, outside of few authors occasionally alluding to it in shitty BL novels.

For the record, I find the idea of human-eldar hybrids made by the Haemonculi to be actually pretty interesting concept, and one that would actually make sense given the setting and the nature of the Haemonculi. But of course, that wouldn't suit the fags who cling to the Rogue Trader era fluff, because such hybrids wouldn't be the pretty, smart and psychic humans that they want half eldar to be.

>>45074674
No they don't. They augment themselves, whereas the Eldar crystallizing thing is something that happens naturally to Farseers, who are extremely long lived.
>>
>>45074807
Of course, they have The Emprah.
>>45074816
Yeah, Lelith is a good representative of the Eldar people.
>>
>>45074820
>implying you'd get fresh food and something like fruit
Maybe if you're high up the chain of command or a spoiled navigator

Also, drive a cart of apples in your trunk during 200 miles while spewing diesel fumes then see if it doesn't smell of it a but.
>>
>>45074820
Especially the fruit.
>>
>>45074854
She is an example of what Eldar at their absolute physical peak are capable of. She is not an example of the average, she is an example of the zenith. However, the average is still heads and toes above that of the average of humanity.
>>
>>45074829

It happens to farseers because of their psychic ability and connection to craftworld. Not to any other eldar. It is magic.

Things made by haemonculi by the way can be anything the archon ordering them can afford, including smart and pretty.
>>
>>45074907
True, but being smart and pretty on the outside, doesn't mean that they are that on the inside. Especially the pretty part. We are talking about the Deldar here after all. They are wretched beings to their core.
>>
>>45074657
>implying the human beings are not the frontline against chaos
>>
>>45074940

Yeah, but so is everyone in 40k so those wanting a haemonculi-created hybrid character can get what they wish anyway.
>>
>>45074777
>not being bored by millenia of bland eldar cuisine
>not being fed up with chefs so scared of slaaneh they don't even dare seasoning
>not appreciating the rich, smokey, whiskey-like taste of promethium in your meals

why even live?

>>45074829
as the guy who wanted the half-eldar inquisitorial henchman - I guess I am guilty of the speshul snowflake, although he needn't be pretty, I'm only interested in the psyker and the xenos bit. Infact he'd probably have implants and/or scars from the procedures that ensure his loyal service.
>>
>>45074907
I want something... greasy.
>>
>>45074751
Guardians are literally every day chump eldar. It makes sense for them, as a long-lived race to be as skilled as career soldiers(imperial Guardsman) Not genetically modified super-soldiers(Space marines)
>>
>>45075013
so how would a guardian compare to veterans/stormtroopers/kasrkin?
>>
>>45075013
Except, the every day chump eldar, are SUPERIOR to skilled human career soldiers.
What part about the Eldar being SUPERHUMAN do you not understand?
>>
>>45075037

If we go by tabletop, about as equally crack shots. Guardian will kick their asses in melee by being faster and more skilled though.
>>
People's scale of WS and BS are way off. Everyone seems to forget that guardsmen and fire warriors are trained soldiers, not just random doods off the streets.

BS3 is not the human standard, orks are closer to what every day humans would have.

BS 4 is truly exceptional, 5 and 6 would be shooting a bullet out of the air skilled.

If we're going with "But muh eldars are better than humans!" Then untrained doods being WS/BS 3 would be better, just not absurdly so.
>>
>>45075037
I'm not him but I'd say they'd be veteran level. He said Career soldiers and it's not like anyone who isn't a veteran guardsmen has been in the guard long enough to consider it a "Career" and not just a terrifying campaign of rampant death and confusion
>>
>>45075045
The part where they aren't. They're faster than humans, that's it. They are no tougher, no stronger, no smarter and no more courageous.
>>
>>45075142
Except fluffwise, they are.

The Eldar are superior to humans in pretty much every fucking way.

Why do people get pissy about that?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.