[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> HHG FAQ - http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed) > O
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 16
File: 1453613583355.jpg (501 KB, 813x543) Image search: [Google]
1453613583355.jpg
501 KB, 813x543
> HHG FAQ - http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed)

> Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016): http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
> Other official downloads: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy

>HH Rules:
> Crusade Army List: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
> Isstvan Campaign Legions: http://www.mediafire.com/download/deadtdf0y47k59k/
> Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: https://mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
> 30k/40k Rules: https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
> 30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): https://kat.cr/usearch/%22Forge%20World%22%20heresy%20user:epistolary/
> 30k Black Library: https://mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
> 30k Xenos Homebrew - https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Xenos_in_30k

Imperial Fists Best Legion, Iron Warriors go Home Edition
>>
What's your preferred method of dealing with Primarchs?

Would a Typhon backed up by melee-oriented units do the trick? Thinking about countering deathstars with the Dreadhammer pie plate and a unit of 10 Dark Furies.

> First for Corax
>>
>>45016953
XIX highfive

I blow up the spartan with a bunch of grav dreads or a lighting with turbokrakens so the pod of seekers with combiplas that landed next to them cuts them to ribbons along with the rest of the army.

>>45016405
Looked like in all ways to me.

I remember thinking how it might have been interesting as a story in the fluff. But copying then like that for the game was a slap to the face. Then they had to make better phalanx boarders too. The storms are the only really original idea. I get girly liked to improve things but leave that to the fluff, not the game
>>
Is anyone else sitting on their BaC boxes and waiting for the Weekender before picking a Legion? I'm pretty sure I want to do Imperial Fists, but if Alpharius gets a badass model...Alpha Legion might move to the front of the list. Same with the rules for BA or DA.
>>
>>45017247
Nigga I bought 2 boxes and I am now half way through painting the 3 legions I started with them.
>>
Can any Legions do tank-heavy lists? This is something I really want to do, because I may have listened to Ghost Division one too many times.
>>
>>45017167
Mah nigga.

With the recent changes to pods, have you changed the way you play your list? I'm just about to get in to playing, I've spent 18 months putting together a decent size force (2.5k) but 2016 is the year I play, so I'm trying to absorb any and all tips. Not a WAAC kinda guy but I'd like to play my RG to their strengths

>>45017358
Iron Hands come to mind.
>>
>>45017324
haha that's awesome. which three did you pick? I'm kinda light on cash so far this year (read: piece of shit paying off student loans) so I wanted to make a single infantry-heavy legion for now without buying too many FW toys.
>>
Exactly how touchy can people be about Militia and Cults models? Would somebody throw a fit if I used Cadians, or WW2 historicals?
>>
>>45017649
Unmodified? Yes. At least put some effort into it.
>>
>>45016953
Typhon won't do much against a Primarch. You want weight of fire, not something that has one very powerful shot. Force enough saves and the player will fail enough over time.
>>
>>45017793
What models would you suggest as a base then?
>>
>>45017831
What provenances are you going for?
>>
>>45017649
if you used cadians are they your 40k army painted in a cadia scheme? Or are you just using plastic cadians, but putting the correct weapons on them, painting them as such, etc.

Part of the thing with this game is building and painting a unique or cool looking army.
>>
>>45017868
I dunno, I was thinking maybe Warrior Elite.
>>
>>45017915
Well think about it and when you've figured it out we'll help you.
>>
File: [Heavy Breathing].jpg (66 KB, 762x591) Image search: [Google]
[Heavy Breathing].jpg
66 KB, 762x591
>>45017953
Kay.

>>45017878
I was talking about using Cadian models, but giving them 30k appropriate schemes, modifying the lasguns and heavy weapon teams.

But I'm still not sure what Provenance I'm going for, so never mind.
>>
>>45017831

I'm using a mix of Sengoku Japanese and WWII Japanese for my 'Nihonian Ashigaru' Old 100 Regiment. Because there's not enough Asians in 30k as is.
>>
>>45018005
if you mixed it up with 3rd party bits so they're not just Cadians most people probably wouldn't mind as much
>>
File: You seem a decent fellow.jpg (50 KB, 201x259) Image search: [Google]
You seem a decent fellow.jpg
50 KB, 201x259
>>45018041
You better post them, or post them when they're done. Because if you don't, I'll never forgive you.

Honestly, I was thinking of doing sorta the same thing, but making them "Totally-not WW2 Commonwealth". But I'm too busy faffing about to settle on a theme.
>>
File: Dark-Angels-WIP04.jpg (273 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Angels-WIP04.jpg
273 KB, 720x540
>>45017628
Night Lords, World Eaters and working on Dark Angels for some loyalists at the moment
>>
When using an RoW that restricts you to one HS slot do any of you guys ever run a 3 tank predator squadron with the command tank upgrade?

I love the look of pred tanks and I love autocannons, so I'm probably going to run this anyway, but was wondering if anyone had any cool stories or tips.
>>
>>45018192
Preds are cheap, effective and shooty as fuck, don't get tempted to buy all the options for them, cheap em mean and lean
>>
>>45018192
Sure, a player in my group runs 3 Medusas with his Night Lords Terror Assault RoW.
>>
>>45017649
>>
>>45018268
oh god please no
>>
>>45018292
They're my Abhuman Helots/Survivors of the Dark Age. :^)
>>
>>45018268
>>
>>45018268
It's the fucking head. It'd be fine without the head. Granted, the arms do look a bit big, but lifting+Dark Age oats will do that.
>>
File: FUCK YOU.jpg (3 KB, 238x195) Image search: [Google]
FUCK YOU.jpg
3 KB, 238x195
>>45018268
>>
>>45018237
I was going to add las sponsons and Machine Spirit since I lack ranged AV. And maybe make one a command tank if I have extra points. So my cowardly Night Lords don't get so spooked and run away when my warlord dies.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-16-12-30-25_1.jpg (120 KB, 1078x1304) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-16-12-30-25_1.jpg
120 KB, 1078x1304
>>45018359
Kek
>>
>>45018119

I haven't actually got anything to show, because I haven't actually begun building them yet. I have three boxes of Warlord Plastic WWII Japs and four boxes of Wargames Factory Sengoku Ashigaru. I'm currently trying to find the appropriate guns to arm them with so they look 30k and still have that flavour to them. I plan for every soldier to have a Sashimono Back-Banner bearing the regimental symbol and squad number, along with an Eye of Horus/Aquila depending on whether I want them to be traitor or not.
>>
>>45018659
>Wargames Factory Sengoku Ashigaru
Those are the ones with arquebuses, right? Just paint them semi-futuristic, and now you got your laslocks.
>>
>>45017388
>pods
I always felt the bunker pods were a premium. The change is unfortunate but oh well. I play them the same way i do on the 40k side; drop them in as a spearhead with fire support or next to isolated targets. Like Issodon says: infiltrate, isolate, destroy.

As for the typhon fury go for it. My furies killed, with all talons, a crew of deathshroud and then put morty to one wound. Ifi had taken out a few shroud before with something i could of had morty too. He proceeded to kill them all. Was a nail biter though ha.

Check out the BnC age of Darkness forums.
>>
File: castrmen orth.jpg (842 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
castrmen orth.jpg
842 KB, 1200x1600
>>45017358
Iron Hands have a tank commander HQ that happens to be one of the best compulsory HQ choices available to any legion. Seriously, he's priced lower than a generic Centurion with equal wargear without even taking any of his special rules into account. Bonus points for taking Land Raiders and Spartans for him to commandeer if he gets his main ride shot out from under him.
>>
Don't die on me!

Is BaC going to be sticking around? I have a pretty big backlog, but after I get all that done I wanna pick up some of that sweet plastic HH crack.
>>
>>45017247
Picked up some tactical sprues off of ebay to start out with, and I've already started painting them as Blood Angels. Not because I think the rules will be good, but because I've always wanted to do a blood angels army and there's no better opportunity than HH.

Also the only reason I havent picked up the box is because I'm now waiting for more rumors about the sequel.
>>
>>45021964
They're doing another BaC box later this year, but I doubt the old one is going to be going away any time soon.
>>
so, /30k/, what would your opinion be on someone using an Onager Dunecrawler that had been modified as an Explorator (Mechanicum Land Raider)?

I am thinking of building/converting one with Eradication beamer sponsons (Irrad Engines count as). It's taller and wider, but not nearly as long as an LR. would you be willing to play against it?
>>
Should I invest the points to proxy Alpharius? Any tips on using/what to bring with him?
>>
Alright bitches, book 6 is right around the corner and its coming chock full of Rites of War, post what shit you niggers wish to see

Dagger-strike

>Praetor/Delegatus may not take Terminator Armor, all other HQ slots must be filled with Vigilators/Saboteurs
>Recon Squads are compulsory troops, 2 must be taken
>Subterfuge: Always go first, opponent can seize the initiative on a 5+
>Counter-Strike: Seekers/Recon Squads gain Counter-Attack, Tactical/Support squads may take a drop pod.
>No LoWs, No Allies, No Fortifications
>If the enemy warlord is still alive by the end of the game then your opponent gains 2VP.

Broken Sword

>The Master of the Legion must join a Dreadnought Talon of 3 dreadnoughts, all 4 models form one unit and can never leave it until the end of the game
>Dreadnought Talons are compulsory troops, at least 1 full talon must be taken
>Veteran Tactics: Before the game begins but after deployment you must choose one of the following; Sniper, Tank Hunter, Furious Charge, Fearless. At the beginning of every turn you can nominate one unit thats within 6'' of a dreadnought, that unit gains the special rule you chose for one turn.
>IF your warlord and his dreadnought talon are destroyed all your army must take a pinning test.
>No fortifications
>>
>>45022234

To be fair the Macrocarids did say they STARTED out as land raiders, before the Magi started getting frisky and adventurous. It shouldn't be that much of a problem.
>>
>>45022648
Any info on legion rules?
>>
>>45022714

We'll find out when the book comes out. So next Saturday.
>>
>>45022723
What legions will be in again? DA, SW, and WS right?
>>
>>45022769
and BA
>>
>>45022769
>SW

No, Blood/Dark Angels and white scars and RoWs for everyone.
>>
>>45022800
Damn. I feel like the Dark Angels and the Wolves should share the same book.
>>
>>45022769
>>
I actually enjoyed the Pharos book.

I think Guy Haley does a good job on it.

Also the hints from Curze that: There's no way Emps didn't know this shit would happen. It's according to plan.
>>
File: tyrants.jpg (286 KB, 1632x717) Image search: [Google]
tyrants.jpg
286 KB, 1632x717
Curious if this list would work at all. It's obviously something of a gimmick (60 MULTI-MELT - er, I mean, Frag/Krak Missiles) but I can't help but think it would be fun to play some especially if you build a scenario around it, like needing to destroy a number of objective buildings in one mission conferring advantage/disadvantage to a followup mission.

Age of Darkness, Legiones Astartes (Iron Warriors), 2500 points

HQ
Damocles Command Rhino
2xSiege Breaker Centurion (Cataphractii)

Troops
3x10 Tyrant Siege Terminator, Combi-Melta on Siege Master

LoW
Perturabo
-After Istvaan
-Pride of the Legion

The Damocles Command Rhino is actually pretty sick in HH. +1 to all reserve rolls and a 24" no-scatter bubble is awesome for only 100 points. Combine that with Perty giving all terminators DS and letting reserves roll on turn one and the Tyrantwing is born. Plus, I'd get two bombardments since the Damocles and Perturabo both have one.

Also, is the Contemptor Cyclone still considered the "correct" way to build Tyrants (pic related)? It does look very cool but £9.50 for each one adds up to a pretty crazy additional cost when you're building thirty of them.
>>
>>45022922

Emps knew legions would rebel. He did not think it would be led by Horus and he'd lose half the legions.
>>
>>45022951
Those are my figures and I never considered it the "correct" way to build it. Just the most convenient and the best looking out of the available options. When FW comes out with their sculpt I'll be picking up another 10 man unit.
>>
>>45022990
Cool. Ever feel weird seeing your models get reposted? They were the first thing that caught my eye doing a quick google image search for something that looked "right."

You think they'll actually make a kit for them eventually? IW haven't gotten either of their unique units which is kind of a bummer. I understand not doing Iron Havocs since they're literally just HS squads with all the options and some extra rules, but every legion deserves to have at least one of their units in my opinion. I half-wonder if they haven't done it simply because buying a unit's worth of Contemptor Cyclones is so expensive.
>>
File: 25235255.png (399 KB, 470x329) Image search: [Google]
25235255.png
399 KB, 470x329
>>45022648
This is all I want to see in book 6
>>
File: IW.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IW.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>45023068
Honestly this is the firs time I've seen them reposted. First thing I thought was, "Why is the image quality so shitty?"

I read on a 30k forum that someone asked at an Open Day and they were told the sculpts were near completion. So I'm hoping they're previewed at the HH Weekender. A unit of 10 with Perty is already brutal so I'm in no rush to make another 10 man unit.
>>
>>45022965

Eh, that's not how I read that scene. Curze flat out states there's no way what happened to the Primarchs as babies wasn't planned, that they all happened to land in places perfectly suited to them, for good or ill. He thinks the big E knew Horus would rebel.

And we already know from one of the earlier books that Emps knows he's going to die.

Also, Dantioch and Pollux were written very well. And I liked how he showed the beginning of a few post-heresy SM chapters.
>>
File: 1114141.png (3 MB, 1036x4314) Image search: [Google]
1114141.png
3 MB, 1036x4314
>>45023068
I get the satisfaction seeing my dank pics reposted on /tg/

pic related
>>
>>45023132
You'll see those in Book 7: Prospero. It's already been said what is in Book 6.
>>
>>45022462
Anyone?
>>
>>45022965
Nah, while the Emprah was an unparalleled genius he was so powerful and detached from humanity that he had no idea the Primarchs would rebel even if some were more unstable than others. His superiority over everyone else made him unable to understand complex psychology

Same reason Dr. Manhattan was so out manuvered by Ozymandias
>>
>>45023139
>I read on a 30k forum that someone asked at an Open Day and they were told the sculpts were near completion. So I'm hoping they're previewed at the HH Weekender. A unit of 10 with Perty is already brutal so I'm in no rush to make another 10 man unit.
Cool, looking forward to it. Your army is very sexy, too, great job on the primarch.
>>
>>45023210
Thanks, I can't take credit on the Perturabo though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1q_tI-XK4k
>>
>>45023223
Oh, neat. Definitely bookmarking that for later reference.
>>
>>45023258
The second part covers painting the base if you're interested in that.
>>
>>45023142
>that they all happened to land in places perfectly suited to them, for good or ill.
Nuceria. Barbarus. Even fucking Nostramo.

Konrad's theory is full of holes large enough to be Alpharius' homeworld.

>>45023170
Tachyons?
>>
How much contempt do you guys have for Drop Pods converted into Dreadclaws. Half as cool as the FW model...but less than half the price.
>>
>>45023687
As long as it doesn't look like shit.
>>
>>45018188
thought those were SoH 1st company for a second
>>
>>45024120
yeah the green comes out really teal in pics for some reason. That said there are quite a few black 30k legions so I needed the green to make them stand out as DAngels.
>>
Sort the primarchs with rules into these categories.

>Amazing
>Worth it
>Meh
>Don't bother
>>
>>45024298
Dorn gets his own category.
>Take the tank created by his bitter rival instead.
>>
>>45017826
>Typhon wonn't do much against a Primarch
Quick who has the screencapped post of a Typhon crushing Mortarion and getting blood spatter painted on it
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 540x598) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 540x598
>>45017247
Waiting to see how alpharius/dorn are before I pick a legion. I ain't getting a legion headed by a piece of shit model.
>>
>>45025057
lets be real though...with rules like Dorn's, I'd rather have Sigismund as my mini-Primarch.
>>
>>45025057
What would you want to see in an Alpharius model? Or would you rather not see it?
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 540x364) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 540x364
>>45025076
That sigismund model is quite bad. So normal emperors champion for me if dorn is expected to be as bad as I think he is.

>>45025108
More tacticool, good looking pose, wearing his helmet, not "we're snakes an' shieet" like what we are getting with headhunters. Hopefully not ANOTHER upgrade kit for our beloved legion. A helmet and spear and instructions to put them on Lorgar.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.