[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/ Magical Girls in D&D Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: 1367080550735.jpg (137 KB, 1015x1004) Image search: [Google]
1367080550735.jpg
137 KB, 1015x1004
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Magical Girls in D&D Edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository:

http://pastebin.com/53QiHfcU (embed)

Old Thread: >>44999036
>>
Does a pc get favored class benefits at level 1?
>>
I am playing my wizard as a buffer and battlefield control and making magic items for the melee heavy party in a low magic setting type wizard. Am I screwing myself by not focusing more on feats like spell focus? I don't really use many direct attack spells.
>>
>>45006345
Not really, no, but here's a better question: Is everyone at your table having fun? If so, you're doing it right.
>>
>>45006344
Yes.
>>
>>45006344
yes
>>
File: drew.jpg (16 KB, 430x300) Image search: [Google]
drew.jpg
16 KB, 430x300
Things you do not want to hear the party wizard say.
>>
>>45006369
"Oops."
>>
>>45006345
The key to fun in pathfinder is having everyone be useful and about the same power level. If someone is playing a rogue and someone else a min maxed magus nobody is having fun. The game is about fun, not winning.
>>
>>45006369
"It's okay, the math for Sacred Geometry is easy to do in my head."
>>
>>45006369
> I charge the troll
>>
File: 1436073552243.jpg (13 KB, 360x300) Image search: [Google]
1436073552243.jpg
13 KB, 360x300
>>45006369
"I'm in heat."
>>
>>45006369
"I prepared explosive runes."
>>
>>45006369
>>45006370
"Should"
>>
>>45006345

Don't have to use direct attack spells to benefit from DC boosting. You'll often be forcing saves for battlefield control, color spray, sleep, stinking cloud etc etc.
>>
>>45006369
Path of War is so OP
>>
>>45006369

"I'm going to shitpost in PFG."
>>
>>45006412
I'm level four right now and am a conjurer my feats are skill focus use magic device(needed for a house rule) spell penetration and craft wondrous item. Should I get a spell focus at level 5? I was going to get craft weapons and armor. What is a good one to get?
>>
File: sgt hotdog.jpg (71 KB, 367x364) Image search: [Google]
sgt hotdog.jpg
71 KB, 367x364
>>45006384
Is there any race that actually goes into heat? What benefits would a wizard have for inducing such a cycle onto themselves?
>>
>>45006458
Having zero sex drive outside of one time a year maybe? As opposed to constantly?

Makes at least a degree of sense. One or two weeks of intense lust, so for the rest of the year it doesn't come up at all.
>>
>>45006446

Take what you like, 5% won't make or break your effectiveness.

Are you sure you will get the downtime necessary to benefit from all those crafting feats though?
>>
>>45006458

>Is there any race that actually goes into heat?

Of the playable races, Catfolk, Strix, Gnoll, maybe Skinchangers and some varieties of Aasimar (like Agathion.) Winter wolves like Greta would also have heat cycles.

And the answer to WHY is simple; Mask of the Demon Mother, which allows one to smell if something (whether man or beast) is fertile or in heat, and if you worship Lamashtu is allows the wearer to breed with anything within one size category of itself.
>>
Can someone explain to me racial favored bonuses and this ridiculous +1/4 and +1/3 nonsense?
>>
>>45006589
Since you round down everything you'll need four levels of that FCB or 3 levels respectively to get any benefit.
>>
>>45006594
So basically, you get a +1 every 4 levels if you have a +1/4?
Why the fuck doesn't it just say that?
>>
>>45006610
It does say that.
>>
>>45006610
Because at any level you have the option, if for some reason you really really need to, of not taking the 1/4th FCB.

So at level 5 you could have +2 HP and 3/4ths of a whatever, taken in any order.
>>
>>45006369
"I am going for thassilonian specialization...enchantment"
>>
>>45006618
You don't need to add the stupid "rounding down" nonsense, because a fraction rounded down is going to be 0 no matter how you cut it.
>>
>>45006610
In addition to >>45006618 it also takes less space in the book this way, which is important when they have those big tables of them.
>>
>>45006594
If it said every four levels get this bonus, then you'd have people asking if they can take other FCB every non-fourth level. Making it fractions keeps it simple and easy to understand.
>>
>>45006715
Whoops, meant
>>45006610
>>
So, pfg, who enjoys challenging combat?
Not all the time, but chapter/dungeon bosses to be difficult enough to actually require more thought and resources expended than one player saying "I full attack."
>>
>>45006772
I regularly play Shadowrun and Dark Heresy.
In a game where a dude with a couple of grenades and a automatic rifle may not cause a tpk, but a single good roll means he's punching like a fucking heavyweight, I'm used to ANY combat requiring thought and strategy.
I hate D&D players and their selfish, one dimensional strategies, and honestly, casters are usually at the forefront of this.
>>
>>45006772
But what else can Fighter/Rogue/Monk do?
>>
>>45006808
Fail spectacularly.
>>
>>45006772

I adore challenging combat, especially when it's the kind where the DM gave you significant resources for your character (generation and wealth) just so they can remove the limiter on what they will throw into the encounter.

Got 3d6+6 stat generation and level 5 wealth? Time to throw the entire raiding party at you.
>>
>>45006369
"What could possibly go wrong?"
>>
>>45006369
"I forgot to cast Magic Circle before Planar Binding."
>>
Question for you.
I don't play Pathfinder but I'm hoping to play in a campaign where necromancers are a thing. Can someone point me to a rulebook or supplement which has a necromancer spell list? I'm not after a PDF just the name of a book or supplement so I can go off and research.

Thanks!
>>
>>45006808
By One player saying I full attack I mean literally one person saying it once.

I've just learned I'm the only one who actually enjoys it in my group, and I'm not entirely sure how to feel.

I do what >>45006866 Enjoys, I tell my group ways to make themselves stronger give hints to become more powerful so the battles can be more epic in scale.

Now it turns out I may have been wasting my time.

Anyways, I was merely curious if that was the norm in mindsets
>>
>>45006772
I like it if there are other approaches present. I feel like I'm designing a bad game if I make a tough fight don't put around some things or special ways to gain advantage so that creative play can win even if my players are shit when it comes to actually building their characters. I mean I'm not saying I put every boss encounter under a giant stalactite, but good information-gathering can tell you his favourite spell, the resistance leader imprisoned in his castle might want a shot at him with you, you can make him do a stupid attack if you let him know his wife sleeps around, etc.
>>
>>45006945
There's no such book, because wizard spell list is distributed across pretty much every splatbook Paizo has made, even the ones directed at martials. But the most important spells you'll need are right there in the corebook.

Or you know, just use the SRD like a sane person.
>>
>>45006369
"Don't worry."
>>
>>45006945
>Question for you.
>I don't play Pathfinder but I'm hoping to play in a campaign where necromancers are a thing. Can someone point me to a rulebook or supplement which has a necromancer spell list? I'm not after a PDF just the name of a book or supplement so I can go off and research.

Libris mortis for 3.5 has a bunch of necromancy stuff.
>>
>>45006945
If you want any undead specific book I guess you can look for Libris Mortis from 3.5
>>
>>45006945
Necromancers mostly are not a class but a thing certain classes can specialize in. Clerics are generally best at it but if the term "Necromancer" was literally used, it refers to a wizard specialized in the necromancy school.

Here's the wizard spell list. It's a core class and lots of necromancy is in the core rulebook, but everyone has access to this whole list essentially since it's Open Game Content.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/spell-lists-and-domains/spell-lists---sorcerer-and-wizard
>>
How many pets can one character have? Summoner for eidolon, two feats for eldritch heritage arcane for familiar, three more for animal companion, one more for leadership. Anything else?
>>
If there's any DSP staff here, do you guys keep a list of which random-ass terms are generally supposed to be capitalized in the descriptive texts of Pathfinder content?
>>
>>45007060
Get the Recruits feat instead of Leadership for an extra pile of cohorts. There's also a Taldan Knight feat or something from very early PF that gives you another cohort.
>>
>>45007002
>>45007007
>>45007016
>>45007031

Cheers all, appreciated!
And sorry for the dumb question, new to this whole shebang.
>>
>>45007077
Class names, feat names, maybe class feature names are capitalized. Spells, powers and probably maneuvers are italized.
>>
>>45007060
Make sure to do Broodmaster, so you can have two eidolons.
>>
File: eyes.png (46 KB, 500x229) Image search: [Google]
eyes.png
46 KB, 500x229
>>45007003
"No charge for them."
>>
>>45006799

Swinginess doesn't inspire tactics, it inspires strategy to avoid having to deal with the swings in the first place. Once a strategy fails and you have to actually start to think tactically in combat you're at the mercy of the swing. Of course in practice the GM will simply start pulling his punches.

A less swingy game allows you to put more tactical depth in a RPG, where characters aren't disposable and where the GM doesn't want to carebear.

I'm not saying PF does that, but elitism from people who play swingy games which fail at providing tactical depth in entirely different ways is ridiculous.
>>
>>45006573
Yeah I will. It's a very player driven we decide what to do type of campaign. We have setup our own base and are working on fixing it up and fortifying it. I just don't have the cash to make any magic items right now. It's a long term group that has been together for about 15 years now. Our last DnD campaign went on for about 5 years real time. This world is fairly low magic so we won't be able to just buy anything we want but are free to craft them.
>>
>>45006385
Underrated post
>>
>>45006630
As a man who went through the shit storm of giants that was Rise of the runelords, fuck you for reminding me.
>>
>>45007077
>>45007110
In descriptive text, class names are not capitalized actually, and class feature names don't seem to be either.

If d20pfsrd is to be trusted, you ONLY capitalize:
• Skill names
• Attribute names (short and longform)
• Feat names
• Hit Dice
• Armor Class
• Reflex, Fortitude, Will
• Difficulty Class
• Combat Maneuver Bonus/Defense
• Names of planes
• Small, Medium, Large
• Game Master
Everything else is not unless English language rules definitely call for it (proper nouns and such), including more-specific uses of those things. I could be forgetting a few and some others are inconsistently applied though.
>>
>>45007226
>Swinginess
You mean where you don't have heroic invulnerability and getting shot is actually a problem?
>where characters aren't disposable and where the GM doesn't want to carebear
Shadowrun is neither of those, and DH only advertises as such; in actual gameplay, a character is valuable for the service they can render, and wasting your life meant you wasted time better spent on someone who could actually do the job.
Anon, you should PLAY the games before you talk about them.
>elitism
It's elitist to expect group oriented play from group oriented games, now?
>>
>>45007342

>You mean where you don't have heroic invulnerability and getting shot is actually a problem?

Yes, exactly.

> a character is valuable for the service they can render, and wasting your life meant you wasted time better spent on someone who could actually do the job.

The dice don't care about blah blah, they swing as they swing. The GM does care though.
>>
>>45007334
Also the notation of when to use numbers or to spell out words (1st level instead vs first level) is entirely context-based and possibly determined using dice. The only real pattern is to use words when discussing the quantity or rate which you gain a numeric bonus (3 1st-level spells = three first level spells. Gain +1 every four levels). That one is actually deceptively useful because it reduces the chances of a stupid/tired person misreading things. The bonus or spell level is always the one that keeps the number and doesn't become the word. Clarity is also the reason you sometimes see "plus 2" instead of +2, especially when another calculation is involved that would make order of operations steer them wrong.

Have fun m8.
>>
Im about to start a heavily modified Skulls and Shackles game so far we have a monk, a stormborn sorcerer and an oracle, still havent decided what i should be. Any ideas?
>>
Occultists seem to make good necromancers. Anything I'm missing?
>>
Anyone here try the "Pure Steam" third party setting? Any opinions? GM is talking about running it and trying to get an idea of how braced for awful I should be.
>>
>>45007758
Are you looking to play anything in particular? You could probably roll with a Druid, for example. Try to make sure you have the right race, too. There's a half-elf racial trait that winds up pretty damn broken for a sea-based campaign if the DM lets you get away with it:

>Child of the Sea: Half-elves from a coastal region with this racial trait gain a +4 racial bonus on Swim checks as well as on Profession (sailor) and Wisdom checks to pilot a sea vessel. They also have an innate sense of direction and can never get lost at sea. This racial trait replaces the low-light vision and keen senses racial traits.

You cannot get lost at sea, being the big part.

Either way, make sure your DM is giving you some top shelf pirate waifus. If not, you'll have to hang in there until Tessa Fairwind shows up.
>>
>>45006369
"I'm an Abjurer with Conjuration and Transmutation as my banned schools."
>>
>>45007871
I kind of want to be a swashbuckler but im on the fence about whether i should go swash or daring cavalier and ill look into that
>>
>>45007972
>swashbuckler
The Paizo Swashbuckler is shit.
>>
>>45007972
Between those two, Daring Champion.
>>
>>45008000
>>45008002
>swashbuckler is shit

but why specifically is it worse than daring champion
>>
>>45008054
Because daring champion also gets challenge and Order stuff which are useful, while swashbucklers features aren't.
>>
>>45008111
Fair enough and i guess i only habe to wait till 4th to get deeds
>>
>>45007871

Undine adept is pretty sick for S&S
>>
>>45008148
However i looked and i wouldnt get opportune parry riposte or the intimidate deeds
>>
>>45008177
If you dip 1 level in swash for it you are still better off.
>>
>>45007871
>Top Shelf Pirate Waifus
My players seem to be Top Shelf Pirate Matchmakers. They have managed to, accidentally or purposefully, kickstart prurient relations between a not-insignificant number of the crew. To the point where they've begun furnishing the beds (replacing the hammocks) with privacy curtains, and plan on buying certain means to cast silence upon closing said curtains.

Having one-rounded Scourge and Plugg even with their level up (which happens when you have made allies of the entire bloody crew, including half the people who started out HATING you), they are thoroughly off the rails by this point, having changed their heading from "To the Slithering Coast" to "To Port Peril".
>>
Aight, /pfg/, lend me your expertise. How do I make money in Pathfinder?
I'm not talking about "break the game" amounts of money, mind you, just a reasonable amount of money without unreasonable demands on time.
>Context:
>Play a Catfolk Pally
>Big campaign with multiple parties, 4 DM's, ~20 people
>Parties generally split up into "Orders", who, in this homebrewed setting, answer to the Emperor instead of the various regional kings (we are not immune to the law, however).
>Member of the goody-two shoes order, naturally
>Party currently stuck in the biggest city of the "militaristic nuts" faction/country, mostly dealing with politics bullshit.
Theoretically, we should be getting paid for our work, but (possibly due to something we did or did not do), the DM has said that someone swiped the money én route to us. Current level is 4. The way the plot is going, there's no immediate prospect of dungeon crawling anytime soon, we've only fought a lootable enemy once (and splitting six ways didn't do us any favors), and being a Paladin the less-than-legal avenues of profit are off-bounds. I DO have two measly ranks in Craft:Weapon, for all the good it'll do.
Any ideas?
>>
>>45008439
As a paladin youre kind of fucked i mean you could do merc work or misc work around town but as a paladin youll probably refuse payment or only do acts of charity. Ask if your DM if he can have NPCs insist to pay you to help you out a bit
>>
>>45008439
Adventure. Your DM seems to be fucking you, so there's really nothing you can do, since it seems likely that no matter what you try to do the DM will disallow it or have it fail.

>>45008614
>as a paladin youll probably refuse payment or only do acts of charity
What the fuck? Do you seriously think paladins are obligated to be stupid and self-defeating?
>>
>>45008614
Paladins do not swear oaths of poverty or even charity. You have a fucked up view of paladins. They'll do what's right, even if those helped can't pay, but that doesn't meant they have to work gratis even for people who can afford it.
>>
>>45008629
Well when i play them im usually really do-gooder, i give away lots of money to the poor and I refuse payment if i think the NPC needs it more than i do however if the man paying me seemed flush af or if they insisted after I graciously decline id accept payment
>>
>>45008663
Fuck off, you shouldn't be giving people advice based on how you personally RP shit.
>>
>>45008690
I honestly thought most people played them that way
>>
>>45008614
Ι'm a Paladin of the TN God of Death, I can probably get away with being a bit selfish. Problem is, merc work is rarely something a Paladin can do in general, and there are no significant bounties at the guard office (I asked).
>>45008629
He pretty much is, but it's more through inactivity than through deliberate malice. If I could come up with a legitimate way to make money while kicking my heels in the city, I could most likely have him OK it without much problem.
>>
>>45008723
You're an idiot.
>>
>>45008760
You could go after your money that got intercepted, could make a fun adventure too
>>
>>45008760
>Paladin
>TN god

Setting's homebrew, right?
>>
>>45008826
This. Actually, is that the hook the DM was throwing and the players just didn't follow it for some reason?
>>
>>45008640
>>45008629

yes, paladins do have to be kind of stupid and self-defeating, because their defining trait is that they forsake what is easy and what is practical in favor of the purest good. Poisoning an enemy, killing a prisoner, or taking a high-paying mission are all very convenient, and a good character of another class might do any of those things for the sake of good consequences, but a paladin must follow the path of stupid good. Even if the paladin is smart enough to know that the enemy is too strong to attack without subterfuge, the prisoners will not repent, and the high-paying job could finance more quests, he must pretend to be ignorant of these facts.
>>
>>45008831
Yes, it is.
>>45008859
>>45008826
We're bogged down in politics already. Figuring out the money thief is part of the main quest, not a throwaway plot hook, and it's not going to be resolved in just a session or two.
>>
>>45008972
No he doesn't. Executing a prisoner is perfectly permissible, if they have done something bad enough to warrant a death sentence. Similarly, there's exactly nothing at all in the code of conduct about refusing payment or giving the reward to charity.
>>
>>45008972
We've discussed these things in Paladin threads in the past, but I personally don't believe that being a Paladin equals being Stupid Good par neccecity. Yes, it's one way you can play your character, and an admirable one at that, but nothing says your Paladin can't be practical about picking his fights and his opponents. Using poison is dishonorable. Executing prisoners is evil. Retreating from a battle you can't win to a more fortified position is just elementary tactics.Haggling to protect a merchant of dubious morality is Chaotic- protecting a law-abiding merchant from thugs and accepting a token of gratitude is perfectly fine. Yes, playing a Paladin is probably the only class that requires cooperation between the player and the DM to make it work, (no orc baby dillemmas, for example) but when it does work, it's all the more worthwhile for it.
>>
>>45009037
Oh good. That one-step thing is amusing when you're creating a CG Warpriest of Azathoth or Cleric of Yog-sothoth though.
>>
>>45009066
Not choosing the most good option that presents itself is a knowing act of evil, which is explicitly against the paladin's code of conduct. Refusing payment is not explicitly mentioned in the code but can be inferred from the prohibition on evil acts.

And a paladin who feels that he has the right to execute unarmed prisoners who have surrendered, to be his own judge and jury, is twisting the rules on obeying legitimate authority beyond the point of absurdity. If you're allowed to think of yourself as the only legitimate authority, anything goes.
>>
>>45009119
According to Gygax executing prisoners is perfectly LG.
Killing redeemed villains even more so since you are sending them to their reward before they can backslide.
Mercy is unlawful according to him.
>>
>>45009185
Gygax had a lot of fucked-up ideas. Put his opinions on war crimes in the same category as alignment languages.
>>
>>45009168
>Not choosing the most good option that presents itself is a knowing act of evil, which is explicitly against the paladin's code of conduct. Refusing payment is not explicitly mentioned in the code but can be inferred from the prohibition on evil acts.
No, that's just full on retarded. Not choosing the most good option is a light year removed from an actual act of evil. And there's nothing at all non-good or non-lawful about legitimate contract which includes being paid to fulfill it.

>And a paladin who feels that he has the right to execute unarmed prisoners who have surrendered, to be his own judge and jury, is twisting the rules on obeying legitimate authority beyond the point of absurdity.
Paladins are holy WARRIORS. They're not town guards, they're not the fantasy equivalent of the modern police, they're soldiers for the forces of Law and Good. They ARE the judge, the jury and the executioner, for theirs is the knowledge that they'll lose their powers should they be wrong. Their job is, first and foremost, to KILL evildoers.
>>
>They ARE the judge, the jury and the executioner, for theirs is the knowledge that they'll lose their powers should they be wrong. Their job is, first and foremost, to KILL evildoers.

It depends on the paladin really, and what kind of chatacter youre playing/what god you serve
>>
>>45006369
>"Let's kill the Rogue."
>>
>>45009121
The one-step thing only applies to Clerics, anyway. There's actually nothing in the rules about what gods the Paladin can follow, only that he himself must be Lawful Good.
>>
>>45006291
>first time playing Pathfinder with friends
>roll up a Human Fighter
>neutral good
>buy a fuckhuge greatsword and half plate
>part of a mercenary band
>band was slaughtered on their last campaign
>fighting some beast out in the sand dunes to the west
>lone survivor
>traveling back
>finds metal arm sticking out of the ground
>old long buried android (another party member)
>now I have no idea where to take the character

I realized I'm basically playing a kind of bland "not Guts" albeit a bit nicer.

Having trouble where to take him for characterization purposes, any ideas?
>>
>>45009185
As far as I'm concerned, both the Paladin who executes evil prisoners and the Paladin who insists on sparing them could be viable, or even be the same damn person in different situations. Trying to make arbitrary rules that apply to every situation is the reason so many people believe the Paladin must be either Stupid Good or Lawful Stupid at all times. Use your own damn brain.
>>
>>45009375
I never said that I play according to Gygax definitions. I just mentioned how he saw LG.
Basically my point was to show that different people will always have varying opinions on what is Lawful and what is Good.
>>
>>45009358
Take him to a dwarven stronghold or city to repair the android idk that or tell your DM to get off his ass and provide a hook for you
>>
>>45009185
Gygax was also of the opinion that orc babies should be killed because "Nits make lice"
>>
>>45009476
Thats in the same rant actually.

http://hackslashmaster.blogspot.de/2013/06/on-alignment-by-gygax.html
>>
>>45009415
Sounds like fun.

I also need to get our DM some reference materials on the monster that slaughtered our party so my character can get his inevitable, Monster Hunter style revenge.
>>
File: Bulette_-_Todd_Lockwood.jpg (33 KB, 400x235) Image search: [Google]
Bulette_-_Todd_Lockwood.jpg
33 KB, 400x235
So, I wanted to shrink down a Bulette to mastiff size for a CR3~ guard dog for a dwarven mining operation.

Looking at AC20, HP 3d10+10, 15/19/14/2/13/6, BAB +5. Bite +8 (1d8+3), 2 claws +7 (1d6+2) That sound about right for CR3?
>>
>>45009501
>Monster Hunter style revenge.
i like the sound of that
>>
>>45008972
>poisoning an enemy
>pathfinder
>anything other than a waste of both time and money that isn't likely to even work on most people

No one uses poison in Pathfinder because poison is shit, barring unchained poisons.
>>
>>45009283
>And there's nothing at all non-good or non-lawful about legitimate contract which includes being paid to fulfill it.
You assume that the contract is already there and that the paladin didn't choose to sign it in preference over other, less lucrative options. So in that sense you're begging the question.

>they're soldiers for the forces of Law and Good. They ARE the judge, the jury and the executioner
So you know nothing about how soldiers are actually expected to behave and what constitute a war crime. Good to know.
>>
/pfg/, I have a bit of a problem. You see, my group is composed entirely of casters (wizard, 2 sorcs and a bard.) I myself am a dawnflower dervish bard and I feel we are too squishy. So my question is this: What class should I roll up to add some martial strength to my party?
>>
>>45010130
Roll an Occultist Arcanist.
>>
>>45010130
Barbarian or cavalier
>>
>>45009476
To be fair, that is definitely how people even in the softest D&D world would think about the issue. I mean, they're based on cultures that were totally fine with wiping out other humans, humans with no more or less inherent disposition toward evil than themselves, and orcs legitimately are more disposed toward evil than humans, so people would be even more in favor of exterminating them. Only a tiny minority of paladins and philosophers could see beyond the very real and personal danger of being killed by orcs to consider the abstract philosophical issues involved.
>>
>>45010130
Druid or Summoner.
>>
>>45010128
>You assume that the contract is already there and that the paladin didn't choose to sign it in preference over other, less lucrative options. So in that sense you're begging the question.
The lucrativeness of the contract is completely irrelevant. The important thing isn't how much money the paladin makes, it's how he spends it. Making money is, in no way or form, evil, it's how you earn that money and what you spend it on that's important.

>So you know nothing about how soldiers are actually expected to behave and what constitute a war crime. Good to know.
"War crime" as the modern definition goes is irrelevant to a pseudo-medieval setting.
>>
>>45010215
>Making money is, in no way or form, evil, it's how you earn that money and what you spend it on that's important.

That's what all greedy people tell themselves. Taking a job to help the wealthy and using the pay to help the poor is a line of reasoning that a paladin is not allowed to follow. It's the same consequentialist thinking that leads to killing orc babies and the like.
>>
>>45010295
Is being wealthy evil? Because unless it is, taking jobs from wealthy people is not evil, and doesn't violate a paladin's code.
>>
DSP guys and the rest of /pfg/ I have a question about the shared veil feat. Can I change the veil I decide to share with my familiar?
>>
>>45010295
Taking a job to do good for money is no different than taking a job to do good for nothing, especially if you then proceed to spend that money to do good. Like I said, whether the job is lucrative or not is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT. If a Paladin only takes lucrative jobs and spends most of that money for what benefits himself the most? THEN we have a problem. Not before.
>>
>>45010344
I mean, Jesus thought it was, if you're into that sort of thing. A lot of other religions with ascetic traditions believe that wealth is more evil than poverty.
>>
>>45010466
I think the problem is being excessively wealthy, not just wealthy in general.
>>
>>45010509
And what defines excess? Having more than someone else. And some people have nothing. Ergo, having any amount is evil.
>>
>>45010509
Jesus literally said to give away everything. He was pretty fucking explicit that having wealth at all keeps you out of heaven.
>>
>>45010540
>>45010572

Well, can't argue with that.
>>
/pfg/ which race makes for the specialest of special snowflakes?
>>
I plan on running a campaign that takes place during the afterlife. What's some decent plots that can be made with the PCs being freshly dead souls? So far my plan is them being judged by Pharasma, sent along the river of souls, then getting attacked by daemons. The players escape, and they can do planar stuff. Is there anywhere I can go with the setting that can be interesting?
>>
>>45010540
What defines wealth? After all, some count friends and family as a form of wealth. Some count their own lives as a form of wealth.

Taken to the extreme, would this not necessitate extinction?

Daemons izzat you?
>>
>Having any amount of money as a Paladin is evil

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin/archetypes/paizo---paladin-archetypes/oathbound-paladin/oath-of-charity

Giving away about 20% of your wealth is enough to give you a mechanical benefit, so that's just bullshit
>>
>>45010466
Excess breeds complacency and greed. The mind and body are tempered by struggle, and the soul by discipline. Paladins, however, are not ascetics; they are paragons of goodness and justice, both of which require neither empty pockets nor empty stomachs to exist.

>>45010662
Changelings, Aasimar, or Tieflings. I like Tieflings regardless though, since they are still interest regardless of them being snowflake-bait.
>>
>>45010103
Unchained poisons are more shit. Instead of dealing ability score damage/drain, they deal normal HP damage and only a tiny amount of it for that matter.
>>
>>45010196

Reminds me of the time my DM threatened to make me fall when my Paladin wanted to kill the goblin babies we found in a cage after destroying their town.

The main argument was something to the effect of, "they aren't hurting you right now" and "surely someone will adopt them???"
>>
>>45010572
>He was pretty fucking explicit that having wealth at all keeps you out of heaven.

I'm inclined to believe the verses you're referring to talk about the wealthy who just "sit" on their wealth when it could be used for helping others.

Jesus wasn't big on usury, which necessitates sitting on your wealth.
>>
>>45010662
>>45010725
This, or kitsune.
>>
>>45010866
No, he really does say that you have to give away everything, and that a wealthy man isn't getting in.
>>
File: tumblr_mgmy2oWHCH1s3tm36o1_1280.jpg (280 KB, 1280x646) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mgmy2oWHCH1s3tm36o1_1280.jpg
280 KB, 1280x646
so, /pfg/... i never used any 3pp, and wanna take a look at them. What's a good one to begin with? Path of War is ok?
>>
>>45010965
What level do you play at? It's a little ruinous at lower levels.
>>
>>45010965
Path of War and Psionics Unleashed from Dreamscarred Press are pretty much /pfg/'s usual go-to for 3pp, because DSP are awesome and actually know how to design shit.

Spheres of Power is also sometimes mentioned as a way of playing less blatantly-overpowered fullcasters, but it's not in as high regard as PoW/Psionics above.

DSP's stuff is also on the SRD for perusal.
>>
>>45010965
What problem is it that you want to solve through the use of 3pp? Or is there anything particular? Path of War (and DSP in general) is one of the higher quality 3rd party books for Pathfinder, at least.
>>
>>45010965
DSP's psionics material is solid and built off of D&D 3.5's best-designed 1pp material. Hard to go wrong there.
>>
>>45011048
XPH was good, but ToB was better. XPH did have the soulknife and wilder.

Luckily, DSP's brought both of those to Pathfinder, and has done some to help the soulknife and wilder out (though I still feel there is absolutely no reason to play a wilder over a psion with Overchannel).
>>
How does one best make the very model of a modern Major-General?
>>
>>45011091
IMO wilders are more meant to stand in mid-range and soften enemies up with spammed powers--their Powers Known are teeny-tiny, starting with like 1 and capping around 11-12. But they have a psion's power point pool.

Spam a blasting power, with your wild surge, then wade in with Surging Euphoria active and go to town with a big melee weapon.
>>
>>45011091
ToB > PoW while Psionics Unleashed > XPH
>>
>>45011149
But I like the mystic, warder and harbinger.
>>
>>45011149
Yeah, I'll buy that. The claim was that XPH was "D&D 3.5's best-designed 1pp material," which it wasn't cuz of ToB (but definitely a close second, only hampered by the soulknife and wilder).
>>
Making a swashbuckler using some guides I found online. All of them tell me to take slashing grace as my first feat. However, slashing grace seems to require weapon focus first. Are these online guides confused?
>>
>>45011189
PoW has too much damage bonuses to full attacks. Besides, Mystic and Harbinger aren't even in PoW, they're PoW:E
>>
>>45006586
Don't forget probably Ratfolk too.
>>
>>45011009
it doesn't help that Spheres has some of the finest art a quadriplegic retarded puppy has ever pissed onto the newspaper.
>>
>>45011215
There are a couple of ways to do that, if you're set on it. Go with human as your race, and take WF as your human bonus feat; or take the Inspired Blade archetype, which locks you into one weapon (rapier) but gives you WF (rapier) as a bonus feat.
>>
>>45011091
>>45011202
Wilder isn't any worse-designed than even a single core class was in 3.5 save for splatbook-supported Bard. Wilder had better BAB and HD and PP efficiency than a Psion, making it not totally outclassed, and slightly better if you happened to focus on powers that used attack rolls. Psion is better overall still but Wilder did have a niche where they could coexist.

It also wasn't significantly worse-off as a regular caster if your games made use of Psychic Reformation much.
>>
File: tactical_archer_by_niw-d7ano6k.jpg (338 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
tactical_archer_by_niw-d7ano6k.jpg
338 KB, 600x800
Is there a way to get Gravity Bow at the 1st level, not counting Hunter class? And, probably, some good archery spells later.
Wizard\Sorc\Arcanist are out too, since I want a magical archer, not a fullcaster.
>>
>>45011428
That's just entirely false.

- Bard was an excellent class in 3.5, particularly with splatbooks.
- Wilder BAB and HD are meaningless anyway; touch attacks are almost guaranteed and wilders still have no reason to make regular attacks.
- Wilders only improve on Psion's PP efficiency if they use Wild Surge, which is nigh-suicidal (and even if it doesn't get you killed, burns PP and eliminates that efficiency).
- Wilder is still much worse off even with Psychic Reformation because it still couldn't choose from any of the psion discipline lists.
>>
>>45011319
I'm not totally set on it, but I might go that route.

Is there a feat that lets me swap my strength modifier for my dex modifier in the case of CMB? That will help me make my decision.
>>
>>45011479
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/agile-maneuvers-combat
>>
>>45011479
Agile Maneuvers, or just regular Weapon Finesse provided you can use your weapon to perform the maneuver.
>>
>>45011444
It just sounds like you want to play a Hunter.
>>
>>45011428
>3.5 bard
>badly designed

Uh...
>>
>>45011444
Closest I can think of is Magus at level 3 with the arcana for learning a wizard spell, sorry.
>>
>>45011536
I hate animal companions, and do not want to turn into a furry-wanna-be with a single archetype, that drops animal companion (afaik)
>>
>>45011475
>>45011559
Bard was great with splatbooks and that's exactly what I unambiguously communicated there. Read more. Go to the library sometime, maybe.
>>
>>45011559
>>45011475
I read it as the 3.5 bard, especially with splat support, being a well designed class.
>>
File: 021.png (1 MB, 2027x1400) Image search: [Google]
021.png
1 MB, 2027x1400
>>45011579
Thank you anyway. There is also samsaran's "past life", but I'd like to see if I can, maybe, avoid that race
>>
>>45011625
On rereading, yes, that is what you said, but your language choices were exceedingly poor even if technically "unambiguous." The fact that two independent readers misread it suggests the problem is with you.

And even without splatbooks, the bard was doing pretty well. Better than the wilder, which literally served no purpose at all and its entire schtick was replaced by a single feat that a psion could have as a bonus feat. Hell, even the barbarian was better than that.

Moreover, it was a meaningless statement, because the 3.5 PHB was complete shit. We weren't comparing XPH to that, we were comparing it to ToB.
>>
So I'm going to PFS scenario tonight and i was told to bring a level 1 character just in case. Does /tg/ pfg have any suggestions?
>>
>>45011713
I don't know what PFS is. I've had it described to me and it didn't make any fucking sense and shouldn't be able to work.
>>
>>45011634

How close is Thorfinn to Constantinople, now?
>>
>>45010540
>>45010572
The Parable of the Talents shows that Jesus wasn't against money, but he was against the idea of hoarding wealth for no purpose.

“His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.

“‘So take the bag of gold from him and give it to the one who has ten bags. For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
>>
Rolled 26 (1d28)

>>45011713
You should play what dice it saying you to play!

Let it be:

[01] - Alchemist \\ OR \\ [08] - Cleric \\ OR \\ [15] - Magus \\ OR \\ [22] - Skald
[02] - Arcanist \\ OR \\ [09] - Druid \\ OR \\ [16] - Monk \\ OR \\ [23] - Slayer
[03] - Barbarian \\ OR \\ [10] - Fighter \\ OR \\ [17] - Oracle \\ OR \\ [24] - Sorcerer
[04] - Bard \\ OR \\ [11] - Gunslinger \\ OR \\ [18] - Paladin \\ OR \\ [25] - Summoner
[05] - Bloodrager \\ OR \\ [12] - Hunter \\ OR \\ [19] - Ranger \\ OR \\ [26] - Swashbuckler
[06] - Brawler \\ OR \\ [13] - Inquisitor \\ OR \\ [20] - Rogue \\ OR \\ [27] - Warpriest
[07] - Cavalier \\ OR \\ [14] - Investigator \\ OR \\ [21] - Shaman \\ OR \\ [28] - Wizard
>>
>>45011773
Yeah, that totally wasn't the only one I was referring to. He talks about wealth a lot in there. None of it is positive, or even neutral. He was really opposed to it.
>>
>>45011825
>>45011713
I'm so sorry.
>>
>>45011825
>rolled 26

There's a glut of swashbucklers in these threads recently...
>>
>>45011758
Not much, he left Bergen in the recent chapter

>>45011825
It's Swashbuckler. Clearly, dice hates that anon
>>
File: 1439084329519.jpg (37 KB, 471x350) Image search: [Google]
1439084329519.jpg
37 KB, 471x350
>>45011825
>>
>>45011852
Nah PFS people are shit at Pathfinder. He will do well even as Swashbuckler.
>>
>>45011735
Strict pathfinder rules with only paizo books. Officially sanctioned DMs run scenarios of their choosing and upload the player's number and character that completed the scenario to paizo site in case someone calls BS on a character level. All of this combines to enable someone to play pathfinder wherever they can find a shop/bar/whatever hosting PFS games.

At least, that's how i understand it.
>>
>>45011870
Throwing weapon swashbucklers are fucking amazing now with star toss style.
>>
>>45011904
I mean their damage of course. Not anything else.
>>
>>45011850
The Parable is about what we do with the gifts God gives us, whether it's money or talent or anything. Using the money to do good and give a return to the master was regarded as a blessing and they were rewarded even more. The servant who hoarded his wealth for himself, and in essence selfishly kept it from the rest of the world, was punished.

The wealthy servant was promoted and the poor one was punished. It's about what you do with what you are given, not how much of it you have.

Wealth is not evil, but a gift from God to do good with (Matthew 25:14-30), those who have been blessed with wealth must share generously with the poor (Matthew 25:31-46).

Those of us who are blessed with wealth beyond our need have a responsibility to share generously with the less fortunate. We should view our wealth as a gift from God, entrusted to us, to carry out His work on earth.

(If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him?) (NIV, 1 John 3:17)

Wealth is not evil, but a tool God gives us. A person who has a eloquent speech but uses it to spread anger and hate is just as guilty as a man who has much but hoards it for no purpose.

I imagine this is what a Paladin of Abadar goes by, wealth not as an end but a means to spread the forces of Good and Law.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d28)

>>45011713
>>45011825
I am the anon in question. How about I roll. It's been forever since i rolled on /tg/, i bet i have luck saved up.
>>
File: mimura_EyeOfFlameBeholder.jpg (66 KB, 351x450) Image search: [Google]
mimura_EyeOfFlameBeholder.jpg
66 KB, 351x450
you are hanging at the inn and this guy comes up and slaps your girlfriends ass. what do you do?
>>
>>45011890
But what benefit does that achieve at all? Irreconcilable party gaps aren't fun, so they'll have to set a bar for entry, and then nothing was actually gained above those DMs instead running ordinary Pathfinder games and players bringing characters of their choosing. The only unique thing that happens is recording into a database with no meaning or bearing on any games.
>>
>>45011983
Tell him WoTC will sue him if he ever appears in PF again.
>>
>>45011983
He has no hands, how does he slap her ass?
>Beholder awkwardly bumps into her rear end, eye-first.
>>
http://zenithgames.blogspot.com/2014/01/crit-fiend-fighter-build.html

I kinda wanna try this build for a campaign if my one character dies, mostly because I feel I'm too dumb to play a non-core class effectively -- I'm only a few months into Pathfinder. Are there any tips /pfg/ can add on to this so I'm a little more effective? I remember there being a lot of talk of how shitty the fighter is in the last few threads.
>>
>>45011983
I'll think that I'm clearly under an enchantment - while beholder in the inn is believable, I can't possibly have a girlfriend.
>>
>>45011983
I laugh with joy at seeing a beholder that has not put out his central eye.
>>
>>45011973
Congrats, Inquisitor is quite good.

Now find a god and prepare to purge some heretics!
>>
>>45011973
>inquisitor
Well I hope you own a copy of the APG because you're not playing without it.
>>
>>45011758
Just finished the volume's worth of chapters where scarface there wanted to murder him.
>>
>>45012060
Oh right you need to actually have a physical copy of the books you use.
>>
>>45012089
Wait what? Why would they enforce pay-to-win for no reason like that?
>>
>>45012089
Or a PDF with your name on it, so at least that's a cheaper option.

>>45012111
>pfs
How new are you?
>>
>>45012089
or PDFs

>>45012111
Money
>>
>>45012111
Because Paizo uses PFS to sell their stuff. See their material is OGL, somehow they have to make money.

>>45012132
>>45012143
Right PDF works too.
>>
>>45012060
Indeed I do. Now i just have to choose a god...Would an inquisitor of Calistria go after people for having sex in the missionary position for the purposes of procreation?
>>
>>45012244
If you want to get banned from PFS, yes.
They hate fun.
>>
>>45012244

No, she'd go after people who think "talking it over" is the best way to settle a slight.
>>
>>45011964
Yeaaaah, I'm not going to start arguing with this prosperity gospel shit. I don't even believe any of this shit, but I have a problem with people who claim to believe but don't even read the fucking thing.
>>
>>45012244
>>45012323

>An inquisition against the insufficiently lewd

I can dig it.
>>
>>45012143
>>45012174
Do Paizo actually pay them to run their games though?
>>
>>45012393
The PFS DMs? No, I think they do it for free.
>>
>>45012244
Refluff Inquisitor entirely as a monster hunter, it's what all of their god damned class features are for.
>>
>>45012393
Nope.
>>
>>45012421
So what compels them to follow regulations whose only purpose is someone else getting money?
>>
>>45012430
>inquisitor of the sex goddess, why do you have such extensive knowledge of monsters?
>>
>>45012444
Fuck if I know. I think they get some kind of benefit, like free stuff from Paizo. Don't quote me on that though.
>>
>>45012308
>provides verses supporting views
>doesn't even read the fucking thing
This isn't fucking prosperity gospel, you twat. I'm not asking anyone to send me money. I'm saying that if you're blessed enough to be rich you should use it for people's good as well as your own.
>I don't even believe any of this shit
I thought you were someone who was misinterpreting verses out of context, but it just turns out you're an armchair theologian who likes to pretend Jesus was some commie to fit your own views.

Go back to your envy rally, peasant. The Prophecies of Kalistrade have no need for you.
>>
File: 449f85.jpg (136 KB, 640x583) Image search: [Google]
449f85.jpg
136 KB, 640x583
>>45012458
>>
>>45011983
Start a threesome with the beholder and kobold girlfriend.
>>
File: 1448384574364.png (713 KB, 1000x619) Image search: [Google]
1448384574364.png
713 KB, 1000x619
So, /pfg/, what is your opinion on having multiples of the same class in a party? What are some good classes that aren't just 9th level casters to double up on? Why is Alchemist one of the best classes for doubling up? What would a good Alchemist build to pair up with a Promethean/Preservationist alchemist, besides just the vanilla alch?
>>
>>45012521
Wealth in this world is not a sign of virtue. It is not a sign that god has blessed you. And believing that it is not only a stunning perversion of what's actually in the Bible, it's also incredibly and virulently deleterious to our society on earth, for nonbelievers as well as believers. It apologizes for the marginalization of the poor and it exalts the accumulation of wealth as the accumulation of virtue, allowing and in fact demanding that the wealthy control society and our leadership on the basis that their wealth is a sign of god's favor.

I live in a very wealthy country which has a fanatically-Christian segment of the population, who are not only wealthy but also extremely covetous and possessive of that wealth. That is a philosophy wholly incompatible with the Bible, yet "Christian" leaders push it literally every single day, and the party of the rich-who-want-to-be-richer is somehow, impossibly, the party of the devout Christian.

So yes, I will absolutely call Christians on their shit. Do I think wealth is evil? No; I don't believe any of it. Do I think Jesus thought wealth was evil? Per se, perhaps not, but he sure as fuck was pretty negative about people's relationships with wealth. But that is a very inconvenient stance for the wealthy Christians of my country, one they prefer to hide, twist, or ignore. Sure, extreme cases are the televangelists who somehow justify grifting the vulnerable and desperate, but I don't think that "prosperity gospel" as a term describes only that extreme.

Cuz the first communes were the early Christian church. The original interpretations of the Bible all agreed that the faithful should share their possessions freely with one another, and never hold it for themselves separate from the rest. I'm not a communist myself, and while Jesus wouldn't quite be either, he's a lot closer than I am.
>>
I need help tg.

I need to build an army out of nothing in my secluded demiplane.

I play a level 20 Arcanist with mythic rank 6

I have access to every first party spell in d20pfsrd and about 100k gp wealth which can be used for crafting.
>>
>>45012831
Blood Money, Fabricate, Golems up the arse.
>>
>>45012831
Simulacrum, Blood Money, Fabricate, etc.
>>
>>45012716
Half-Elf Visionary Researcher/Bramble Brewer. Promethean trades out too much, so having a buff buddy to grant extra defenses and stats to the Alchemist and his Homunculus would be great, not to mention fast healing while in bright light. Plus Bramble Brewer can create difficult terrain at will, which is pretty handy when your Homunculus can fly.

Beastmorph/Vivisectionist is also pretty handy for obvious reasons, and Toxicant or Eldritch Poisoner can do some pretty nifty things with debuffs and ability score damage at high DCs. Also Blazing Torchbearer for the ability to no-save blind everything within 10 feet including itself.
>>
>>45012864

I was thinking about Blood Money'ed Simulacrums. Is fabricate compatible with Blood Money?
>>
Sell me on an Empyreal Lord, /pfg/, I'm sick and tired of choosing Erastil as a deity.
>>
Does anyone have experience playing veilweaving classes?
What do you think of them?
>>
>>45012897
It is, yes.

The material to be shaped by Fabricate is the material component, so Blood Money combined with it just makes shit directly out of your blood.
>>
File: 1449171377254.png (1 MB, 913x1244) Image search: [Google]
1449171377254.png
1 MB, 913x1244
>>45012907
They look like this
>>
>>45006291
Top taste OP, gwendolyn is great.
>>
>>45012928

That's an Emypyreal ANGEL, iirc. That's a different thing.
>>
>>45012966
Okay but the bottom line is they are all really cool looking
>>
>>45012926

Wow. That is awesome.

Do you guys have anything in mind for simulacruming? I was thinking about dragon riding solars because whythefucknot? But not really sure about it.
>>
>>45012907

Isn't there a fertility Empyreal Lord and a Stag Lord?

What's stopping someone from worshiping multiple deities, or forming a pantheon of deities under one umbrella (such as all the nature-oriented Empyreal Lords?)
>>
>>45012990
You can basically make simulacri of anything with stats. Go massproduce some demon lords.
>>
>>45012966
Aren't those even better than Empyreal Lords, though?
>>
So I'm running Dragon's Demand within my campaign (though an abbreviated version), and...god damn, this book is just showering wealth on the players all day. Not only that, but they're now going to be carrying around multiple spellbooks of a high-level wizard.

I've done a lot to cut down the wealth, because I'm just not comfortable with players looting multiple thousands of gold in magic items and expensive shit at level 2.
>>
>>45012738
I'm waiting for you to post some scripture quotes to back up your statements.

And your anecdotal evidence doesn't reflect what the Bible intended or Jesus' teachings actually provided.

>It is not a sign that god has blessed you.

>The blessing of the LORD brings wealth, without painful toil for it. Proverbs 10:22
>The Lord has blessed my master abundantly, and he has become wealthy. He has given him sheep and cattle, silver and gold, male and female servants, and camels and donkeys. Genesis 24:35
>But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today. Deuteronomy 8:18
>The Lord will grant you abundant prosperity--in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your ground--in the land he swore to your ancestors to give you. Deuteronomy 28:11

HAIL THE PROPHECIES OF KALISTRADE!
DRUMA, THE PROMISED LAND OF PLENTY!
>>
>>45013056
>>>45012990(You)

After all shenanigans I pulled, I believe this will be last straw and my DM will never let me play another spellcaster (which I am ok because I wanted to play a martial initiator at the beginning anyways). Army of demon lords sounds awesome though. And we are almost at the end of the campaign and he might just roll with it. Thanks anon for this idea
>>
>>45011585
Run a pre-errata feral hunter and make your first move to kill off your furry friend.
>>
>>45013155

So what you're telling me Is Druma's based on Jews?
>>
>>45013224
Make at least one simulacrum of Nocticula for the stat bonus.
>>
>>45011585

>he doesn't want soft fur made for petting
>>
>>45013258

>sticking your dick in snow
>>
>>45013254
I always thought they were Scientology to be honest.
>>
>>45013254
That's entirely possible.

The priests of the Hebrews used to wear a ceremonial breastplate studded with precious gems for their ceremonies.
>Auspicious DIsplay

>>45013308
That would be more fitting in Numeria, because worshiping eyyyyy lmao.
>>
>>45013155
Already told you I'm too lazy/this isn't important enough to me for me to do that. That's a fine reason to stop this discussion which I'm sure everyone else would love to see fucking stop anyway.

Anyway, should we continue anyway, not really sure what
>And your anecdotal evidence doesn't reflect what the Bible intended or Jesus' teachings actually provided.
is saying. But if you're saying that the stuff happening in real life, right now, and the way people use the Bible, is not what Jesus intended, well no fucking duh. That was my beef to begin with. If that's not what you meant, I'd need clarification.

As for Old Testament quotes, yawn. I confined all of my statements to Christ and Christians. Jesus said stuff like it being harder to get a camel through the eye of a needle than a wealthy man getting into heaven (and don't fucking start with that "the Eye of the Needle is a narrow pass in Jerusalem" bullshit; that section of the city was built centuries after Jesus—he meant an actual fucking sewing needle), told a rich man to give away literally everything or he wasn't getting in, etc. etc.
>>
>>45011989
PFS scenarios are designed to be really player friendly, so even with party gaps you'll probably do alright. It's an alright system if you don't have a good gaming group and are looking for some pick-up PF, but all in all it's just a money-making venture for Paizo (since you need to own the books for anything you want to use, so if you want even one feat out of the weaponmaster's handbook you've got to own it).
>>
How do I overcome DR /cold iron and DR /good when I don't use/have either an aligned weapon or one made of special materials?
>>
>>45013254
Nah, it's really just Switzerland taken up to 11, complete with the Swiss Guard (Mercenary League). They aren't religious, they just aspire to go full Illuminati and own the world, figuring that they can just buy any number of sources of immortality at that point.

I kinda want to run a Kalistocrat through Iron Gods, come to Numeria solely to corner the market on overpriced technology, and viewing Casandalee as the perfect waifu since there's no temptation to get physical.
>>
>>45013155
>Christianity
>Old Testament

Choose one.
>>
>>45013457
Hit harder.
>>
>>45012019
> Are there any tips /pfg/ can add on to this so I'm a little more effective?
Run it as a Str-based Slayer instead.
>>
File: 1449736853071.jpg (158 KB, 958x784) Image search: [Google]
1449736853071.jpg
158 KB, 958x784
>>45013362
>>
>>45013493
Sadly the PrC sucks balls. Shitty 4th level casting with only enchantment and divination as schools.
>>
Are there any good pathfinder let's plays on youtube?
>>
>>45012444
Nerds fucking love being in charge of other nerds.
>>
>>45013457

+3 bypasses DR/Alignment.
+5 bypasses everything but DR/-

And there are some spells like align weapon which can help. I am sure there was an material equivalent version of this spell but I cannot remember its name.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/align-weapon
>>
>>45013457
>>45013582

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/v/versatile-weapon

I remembered it anon. It does not cover adamantine though
>>
>>45013582
I'm going to be playing a kineticist and the game is full of demons. I don't have any +n weapons.

>>45013495
This is my current solution, but I'm looking for a better one.
>>
File: 1326064917396.png (602 KB, 644x850) Image search: [Google]
1326064917396.png
602 KB, 644x850
How would you make a character that has a raktavarna rakshasa, a spirit oni, a movanic deva, and whatever other familiars I'm forgetting that can resemble objects?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.