[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/cofd/&/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20
File: WOD genera.webm (2 MB, 1280x716) Image search: [Google]
WOD genera.webm
2 MB, 1280x716
Previous Thread: >>44920659

http://pastebin.com/mxLKGGi9

Forgetting to make a new OP before the last one expires edition. Tell us about your chronicles, how have you had the GMC interact with other supernatural spooky stuff, if at all?
>>
File: Bill Knows Lots of Things.png (781 KB, 1341x754) Image search: [Google]
Bill Knows Lots of Things.png
781 KB, 1341x754
>>44952968
>Forgetting to make a new OP before the last one expires edition.
I was too intent on making it fancy and making a list of inspiration. But I ended up blanking.

Gravity Falls (Innocents)
From Dusk Til Dawn the Series (Mortals, Vampire)
Person of Interest (Demon)
Dresden Files (Mage, Hunter)
>>
>>44953218
Those are all pretty good, though I dunno how well Gravity Falls is for innocents, given just how much weird spooky bullshit goes on with those kids.
>>
>>44953270
That's why it works well.
>>
>>44953218
The Strain and Seasons 1-5 of Supernatural work well for Hunter.
Grimm works pretty decent for Hunter and Changeling.
Teen Wolf sort of works, at least as far as Pack dynamics go, for Werewolf(although all the werewolves in the show are probably Wolf-Blooded, at best, except for the Hale family). Works equally well for Hunter/mixed games, though, given the varied nature of the pack.
>>
>>44953218

Mystery, Inc. is a Hunter chronicle in a very Lovecraftian setting
Hemlock Grove is... confusing. Werewolf, Vampire, Promethean, Mage, and I haven't seen the last season to know what the fuck else. The Hunters in there are cool though
Haven is a pretty sweet Hunter game with some weird supernatural templates on the side
>>
>>44954074
The only people in Haven with a template are William and Mara(and her mom), who are all Mages.

Everyone else is a mortal with a genetic supernatural merit given to them by one of the above, and no idea how to use it.
>>
How has everyone liked demon? I took a read through it and thought it was pretty neat, especially liked the cipher, even if i imagine it'd be a bit of a pain in the ass to set up properly if you were the ST.
>>
So I'm sure this is going to get me some flack, but Kill la Kill is great inspiration for Geist. I have an English fan version of Before My Body Is Dry on my Fantasy Shit playlist, and every time it comes up I can't help but think about how it could represent perfect Synergy:

https://youtu.be/whWnVx6yZ9o
>Don't lose your way in your mind
>We have to be as one
>Don't be afraid my sweet heart
>This is the way to be more strong
>Harbor my deep secret
>It makes me so blue
>Run through this game before my body is dry

This cover might even be a better version
https://youtu.be/bU9PJBv30lE
>Souls who unite can't be torn apart

And this is the original Engrish version
https://youtu.be/cftrztIcP7A
>>
>>44955861
Aspel, please stop shoehorning FoTM anime into WoD.
>>
>>44956145
No.

And even then, it's the flavour of like two years ago. If something fits, there's no reason to avoid it.

And really it's more flavour of the month for me to shoehorn Gravity Falls into WoD, but I'm really only watching it because someone else did that. And now I'm going to have to wait another month for the finale.
>>
>>44956145

WoD is basically anime
>>
Purified's Twilight Sight says they see all spirits and ghosts. But their version of Unseen Sense applies to all active uses of magic regardless of source.

Are they meant to only see Spirits & Ghosts, or would it make sense that they see everything and that S&G were just the only Twilight entities written at that point?
>>
>>44956396
Seeing spirits and ghosts isn't the same as Unseen Sense. Although, yeah, you can probably assume that they'd be able to see Mages or Vampires or Striges or Angels or whatever taking Twilight forms.
>>
>>44956426
Cheers. As it turns out they can all see each other anyway apparently, but it's a look & no touch deal.

Second Sight
>Generally, astrally projected beings are intangible and invisible with respect to anything and anyone in the physical plane, and are visible but still intangible to each other. Thus, an astrally projecting psychic could not, for example, get into a brawl with either a ghost or another astrally projecting psychic. Such beings could still use psychic powers or Numina against each other as normal, though.

>In any event, astrally projecting psychics and vampires using the Auspex Discipline called Twilight Projection are never solid with reference to each other (see Vampire: The Requiem, p. 123). Although a vampire and a projector are capable of perceiving each other and communicating, the psychic can never affect or be affected by the vampire.

Chronicles Of Darkness core
>When in Twilight, only items, creatures, and phenomena that are also in Twilight and comprised of the same kind of ephemera can touch an ephemeral being. Attacks simply pass through the Twilit being, and solid concrete and steel are no more hindrance than fog.
>>
Going to play my first game of this series in a bit and it's going to be HtV. Should I just download that one book or should I get something else?
>>
>>44957052
You need the Chronicles of Darkness corebook and the Hunter: the Vigil core book.

Unless you're playing 1e (which you shouldn't), in which case trade the first for the New World of Darkness core book
>>
>>44957072
He'd also need Mortal Remains, technically. But the only thing it changes for tier 1 Hunters is how Risking Willpower works (but makes it a lot better).
>>
>>44957081
Don't have that book, how is it changed?
>>
>>44957052
nWod/CofD in general is in the middle of an edition change, so your GM will know best what they're using and therefore what you need. Ask them.
>>
So, I notice that the CofD book keeps referencing "fate", often in the same line as Virtue/Vice, is this some weird thing they forgot to explain like soul loss?
>>
>>44957086
Holy fuck it took way too much effort for me to get this. Only PDF I've legitimately bought and for some reason I couldn't print the pages. I tried saving it in .xps and then just saved a second copy of the whole PDF and that worked. And it's too big. ShareX will solve that problem.

https://a.uguu.se/lppqch_MortalRemainsRulesUpdate.pdf

But really, >>44957251 has it right.
>>
>>44957365
Yes. Old bit of rules that keeps sticking around, because they don't version properly.
>>
>>44957365
So I'm not crazy, they actually forgot to put the soulless stuff in COfD
>>
>>44957475
They forgot that as well, yea.
>>
>>44955861
It's shit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bQwin3Vv0k
Ladies and gentlemen, Demon the Descent in a shellnut.
>>
>>44957819
Admittedly when you are trying to create Hell you should be more worried about the mysterious bowl of petunias that everyone but you seems to ignore rather than your neighbors or the mailman, their prolly also agents of the G-M but that's beside the point.
>>
/WoDg/ would a dark ages liberian cival war be a fitting splat book? Its got so many good options for supers
>>
>>44958863
I have to profess my ignorance about African history here, but when was that war?
>>
>>44955854

Demon's awesome, though yeah, some of the logistics can be hard to set up. The Demon Storyteller Guide has some decent advice about it.
>>
>>44958878
There were two
First Liberian Civil War – 1989–1996
Second Liberian Civil War – 1999–2003

They were both full of insane warlords, a'la general butt naked, it also has Columbians selling heroin, coke and guns for diamonds. Cannibals’, child solders and witch doctors.
>>
>>44958863
I read that as Librarian at first and was so utterly fucking confused. Seeing librarians fight each other with books and shit would be hilarious.
>>
>>44959305
>Librarian Civil War

Mages...as far as the eye can see
>>
>>44959273
It's a good setting, but might be a bit too recent to qualify as a Dark Era, perhaps?
I'm of the notion that Bowery Dogs shouldn't count, due to being too recent.
>>
>>44959397

Personally, I'd consider 1999-2000 the cutoff for Dark Eras. I realize that might be cutting it too close though.

>>44959352

>The Mystagogues have rioted
>>
>>44952968
Those sick fucking Spiral Dancers,can't even show a bit of modesty; even in a city as holy as Yharnam.
>>
>>44959622

Look, dancing the Black Spiral gains you certain important privileges, like the right to masturbate anywhere you want. You have to respect that.
>>
>>44959352
Prime and Fate would be really devastating if you were playing a librarian.
>>
What would be a bloodborner hunter in cofd? The vigil or something else?
>>
>>44959834
Probably a blood-bather who exclusively uses monster-blood.
>>
>>44959570
I wanted to do 90s X-Files Hunter, but someone higher up didn't think it was a good idea.
>>
>>44959975
Blood-bather?
>>
>>44960353
Probably meaning that one Immortal sub-splat.
>>
>>44960353
People who bathe in blood in order to get immortality and other nifty bonuses.
>>
>>44960075

>almost had 90s X-Files Hunter

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I nean, I get why, that's kind of Delta Green's niche before the new edition but still, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
>>
>>44960075
90's Hunter, all X-Files and Buffy the Vampire Slayer could be a wonderful, tongue-in-cheek April Fool's supplement.
>>
>>44961631

Can't help but wonder if there's even going to be an April Fool's suppliment this year.
>>
File: predator coming out of water.jpg (80 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
predator coming out of water.jpg
80 KB, 1200x600
Hey WoDG, How would you stat the predator in GMC? Our regular DM is going to out of town for a month or so, and I volunteered to run something for a bit. I thought I could make it interesting to do an homage to the predator films.
>>
>>44964043
Fuck, make it a slasher. Dude who has been a big game hunter all his life and has lost his sanity and soul over the 'one game he hasn't hunted'.

Looks at the Slashers book for inspiration, but you'd want to do that in such a way that he has a good invisibility-equivalent power, good stealth, firearms and other things that make a great hunter. But give him some flaws; the predator only really got beaten in the movies because of some contrivances (the cloak fritzed out in the water in Predator, for example). So you need to give him weaknesses that can be exploited.
>>
>>44964167
>Dude who has been a big game hunter all his life and has lost his sanity and soul over the 'one game he hasn't hunted'.
Turns out, it's man!
>>
>>44960075
>I wanted to do 90s X-Files Hunter, but someone higher up didn't think it was a good idea.

The idea is too good for just a small section of single book. It deserves its own full crossover supplement, including an intensive examination of "aliens" in the CofD.
>>
>>44964043
Dread Powers
Use the ones from the CofD core book, if you don't have any other 2e books(GMC doesn't have any, because they hadn't decided to make them a universal thing at that point)
>>
>>44964167
Thanks man, I'm pretty new to the storyteller/DM roll, but I like the idea of making it a slasher instead of an actual alien.
>>
>>44964601
Jamison Halle is the only son of Reginald Halle, the scion of the Halle Pharmaceuticals company. He learned a love of the hunt, something his family had done since the old days of Africa being referred to as the Dark Continent; he learned all the lore, skills and everything from his father. And with his wealth, he has participated in all the legal (and some illegal) hunts that he could have dreamed of. But now, he finds no challenge. Now, he obsesses over a new challenge of hunting. And in this obsession, he has lost part of his mind and soul. In his mind, the spirit Gaha'lam, a spirit of the hunt, taking the form of a many-headed fox, has spoken, giving him advice and pushing him to move onto the only prey he would find challenging: humans.
And with his soul torn away bit by bit, soon Mr. Halle has become The Huntsman, a large, obsidian-skinned, pelt-wearing man, planning his hunts.

Using his wealth, he has arranged for <X number of Player Characters> to be kidnapped and brought to a private island, in order to hunt. They are given a sporting chance however; a pack of food and basic equipment, some small weapons suited to them, and left to their own devices. They can get off the island, though, if they get to the other side to a small fishing village. If The Huntsman doesn't get them first.

Or make it urban, where the suburbs and more rural areas of a big city are being hunted by this crazy 'mountain man' by night, who is this bourgeois business mogul by day.
>>
Would you guys let a vampire player make a character like Alucard?
>>
>>44965824
No.
>>
File: Minion - Ehhh no.gif (1010 KB, 337x337) Image search: [Google]
Minion - Ehhh no.gif
1010 KB, 337x337
>>44965824
>pic related
>>
>>44965824
No. Two reasons
First: He is nothing but a psychotic killing machine. Too one-dimensional.
Second: He can't be made properly in either of the WoD systems, which would lead to either whining that the character isn't as "cool" as he should be, or the player trying to get unique, awesome powers. Or even worse, just assuming he has them.
>>
>>44965824
>literally Dracula backwards

Anyone who pulls that shit gets a unicorn's horn in their butt

https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1453589471707.webm
>>
>>44953218
The new Syfy series the Magicians is looking to be pretty Mage. Beyond obvious reasons it also has largely the same themes.
>>
>>44966238

I haven't read the Lev Grossman books, but the first episode of The Magicians tv series was lackluster at best.

I understand that flawed characters are necessary for drama, but the characters in the series thus far seem just so unlikable and unsympathetic that I can easily see myself rooting for the monsters.
>>
One of the very few things i enjoy in the world darkness is sex. Sex in the sense of concept. A male vampire, a former crusador would not deem it wise to mingle with rabble or enjoy democracies over kings. Other vampires, like females would be unaware of certain aspects one could play with the same sex.
It is especially fun to wonder how a chained vampire from the XII Britain gets out and finfs herself in a complete and utter world. Even other vampire would strange to her.
For example, the need to understand the english of today. How to read and write. Why dobpeople dress so little. The shower, what is electricity, that the world is round, that man went to the moon.
Realistically speaking, even aided by a ghoul she or he would be a very dependent individual.
>>
>>44966057
I've never understood why people hate that.
Although really it's weirder in the OTHER places it's used, like Castlevania and Son of Dracula. Slapping a "The Second" on your kid's name is weird enough, but putting your name backwards?

>>44965824
Anakim Beast with a Hunger for Punishment, and an ego that makes him go after other supers and their minions, but he'll also impale anyone who steps to him. Although there's this >>44966027 because I don't really trust people who use Impact font for no reason. Why does that image even need attributation? It's a low res screencap with text.

>>44966433
Meanwhile I'm sitting through Steven Universe thinking "how many episodes until it gets good? 15? Maybe I'll just give this a pass..."
People were right about Gravity Falls, but so far the only thing I like is the intro. And Garnet.
>>
>>44966743
What?

I want to say that was some weird autocorrect thing, but...
>>
>>44966747
Well, Alucard did that to himself in Castlevania. His real name is Adrian Farenheit Tepes
>>
>>44966804
It looks like some sort of proto-pasta. Best not to touch it, lest it grow in power and show up again.
>>
>>44967078
Oh, right. I guess that works okay. Castlevania and Hellsing are just cheesy, then, not egotistical. "I am different from my previous self/father, Dracula! I will call myself... Alucard!" is just silly.
But Dracula naming his kid Alucard is like Willow and Jaden.
>>
>>44967296
>But Dracula naming his kid Alucard is like Willow and Jaden.

Are you suggesting the Smith kids were sanely named?
>>
>>44967296
IIRC he took it to show that he was opposite of his father, since he couldn't harbor hatred of humans even after they hanged/burnt his human mother as a witch.

Dunno about Hellsing, considering that Alucard IS Dracula and it's a shitty animu anyway.
>>
So I've heard something about how Mages can summon ghosts of people who aren't dead, including themselves. Can anyone explain this to me?

And what the fuck are Goetia?
>>
>>44967325
No, the opposite.

Although I will admit when I realized what it was, I thought it was hilarious. It's egotistical, but clever.

>>44967379
Same thing, but with his former life.. Although it might have been given to him by Van Helsing.
>>
>>44967488
It's not that they can summon ghosts of people who aren't dead--that ghost would be as much a ghost as any other ghost--it's that you can leave a Ghost without having died. That's really all there is to it: You can leave a ghost without dying. If you've read Dresden Files, Harry does it in Grave Peril. The WoD works like that.

Goetia are inner demons.
>>
>>44967562
>you can leave a Ghost without having died

i don't understand
>>
>>44967617
Ghosts aren't your soul; they're a mental echo of varying levels of sentience.
>>
>>44967488

Goetia are ephemeral beings from Astral Space. They are the equivalents to spirits and ghosts in the Shadow and Underworld, respectively.

We haven't seen the revised Death Arcana, so I have no idea about the mechanics of how mages can summon ghosts of living people. However, since ghosts in the CofD are not souls, but more like spiritual reflections of people, its understandable how both a ghost and living person can theoretically exist at the same time.
>>
>>44967617
You have a near death experience.
You leave a ghost.
You never died.

That's all there is to it.
>>
>>44967488
Ghosts are imprints of humans left in death-Essence. They occur naturally when someone dies, but a Mage can create the death-Essence needed, and force an imprint into it.
>>
>>44967617
You ever heard of the Swampman paradox, or whatever?

Instead of dying when he's struck by lightning, the guy lives, but the Swampman is still born.
In CofD, the ghost of a person is definitively not the person anymore, just a replica of them made of ephemera.
>>
How soon until Dark Eras?

What would you consider the best Mage books?
>>
>>44969267
>How soon until Dark Eras?
It'll come out at some randomly determined date between now and the far end of eternity. Statistics are unkind to us.

>What would you consider the best Mage books?

I like Imperial Mysteries, for what it explains about the setting. Other than that? Astral Space, for the same reason.
>>
File: Ghosts0002.png (467 KB, 800x1029) Image search: [Google]
Ghosts0002.png
467 KB, 800x1029
>>44969060
Good call.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swampman
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_zombie
Also, some notes I took musing over ghosts.
>>
>>44969267

Tome of the Mysteries, for expanding more on the core and making it easier to understand.
>>
http://pastebin.com/Trji3Mvx

At risk of Aspel'ing up the thread, I'd love to get /CofDg/'s opinions on this, more or less me ripping off the way bolthole works and adapting it for safe-space, you buy however many dots of safe-space, get the default bonuses and can distribute the points between other stuff(Assuming you can justify it, I intended to make Facade something that requires some hella money and hella favor doing thing)
>>
>>44971629
I kind of liked how the Safe Place merits used to work, even if most of the benefits were dumb.

I like where you're going with it, but I feel like you need to go back and think about the effects more.
>>
File: The beginning.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
The beginning.pdf
1 B, 486x500
/WoDg/ Can I have some feedback on my back story?
>>
>>44972124
Yea, probably. This is...more or less a rough draft I put together, got some input from my hunter group and decided to post it here, any recommendations you'd give?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
>>44972258
>>
>>44972124
I was telling 'em that "hope for the best, prepare for the worst" needs more mechanical effects beyond just "you don't need to worry about electrical issues."

Out-of-sight is good and really should be something that's part of safe place by default.

Extra Equipment is kind of meh and is basically "one-time free resource dots' worth of stuff."

Abjuration Amalgamation is peachy but should become a bit more robust.

The poster forgot to put in the mechanics we discussed for Facade, for some reason.

and Safer-Space is fine. Some people are into panic rooms.
>>
>>44973054
http://pastebin.com/RBtEzLih
Whoops, fuck me. I don't know how I lost the updated version.
Additionally, yea extra-equipment is kinda...meh, mostly meant for the sorta equipment that takes up "large" areas of space, wherein the cost of buying it is less of an obstacle than where you're going to put it, like advanced garage tools or a proper forge.

Abjuration Amalgamation Alliteration probably needs some modifications, It's a bit gimped considering the drawback of "Rude lil shit-sprites will fuck with you." is potentially shenanigan central.
>>
>>44972275
Go similar to the original Safe House style merits. Anyway, my $.02, not written in format:

Size, Security, Equipment, then bonuses.
Size (●+) is how big it is, with X being a car trunk that can barely hold anything, and ●●●●● being a villa.
Security (● to ●●●●●) is a bonus to Initiative and Danger Senses, and represents situational awareness, surveillance, and other security systems. Probably a penalty to Larceny rolls, too.
Work Space (●+) is basically Library, but for stuff. A Lab would help with Science rolls while a Workshop might help with Crafts.

For other things:
H4tBP4tW: (● to ●●●●●) with each level giving more preparation. ● is power and food for a week for one person, while ●●●●● is a Fallout Vault without the shenanigans. Just one dot for a super secure location is a bit much. It should also probably require Size equal to its dots, maybe...
Out of Sight (● to ●●●●●) is basically Occultation for your house, but requires it to be in increasingly obscure locations. It shouldn't require money or effort, other than setting it up. The difficulty here is that your Safe Place can't really be in the middle of town. Unless it's hidden in the basement of a donut shop, but even then you'd lose the dots if you had contractors going in and out at all hours.
Safer Place isn't too bad an idea, but shouldn't really have much to do with size. Plus, "Safe Space dots" here would be anywhere from one to a bunch, since you're breaking it up. Just make it a Size ● Safe Space with a major penalty to break into. Your super underground bunker bunker should be smaller than the main bunker, but it won't have all the amenities. So Size ●, but breaking in requires getting through Durability 4 steel or hacking a lock at -4. (Also should probably Cost ●●●●).

Facade really just sounds like it'd augment Out of Sight, and may not be necessary on it's own. Maybe each dot allows for two of OoS.
>>
>>44973445
Primarily, I did it the way I did to avoid the pitfal of "five different merits to track and put points into", which I'd like to avoid.

Facade was more meant as physical security versus occlusion, with one you're less likely to be tracked to the location, with another they're less likely to get in when they find you, and I wanted it set up in such a way that you had to pick one or the other.
>>
>>44973054
>>44973421
>Out-of-sight is good and really should be something that's part of safe place by default.
The model they went with for the new version of Safe Space is honestly a more reasonable version (and one that requires a lot less XP), but I'll admit I don't really care for fiddling with equipment in WoD. I'm okay with things like weapons and tools, but "Equipment" gets vague and some of the examples mean most people are walking around with +5 to most tasks. Mostly, though, I just think Resources is ridiculous, with certain items being so outlandishly higher Cost than they should be. I mean, most things are at least Cost ● even though even someone poor could afford them, and if you're Resources ● then something that's Cost ● mean you spend all your money for the month on it. Most characters would be fine if they had Resources ●●, but I've been in so many games where that was never really needed, and most players in my experience don't want to spend XP on that. Meanwhile a machete costs $15 at Walmart, but it's Cost ●●.

Anyway, how they do it now is that anything you'd get bonuses for in the Safe Space is Equipment, not a merit. Frankly, that's great, especially since it means not having to deal with the Equipment rules for anything other than tools or weapons. But for people like me? I love having stuff like this as Merits, even if it also gets a bit much to manage.

All of this could really be handled as Equipment (maybe with a Cost instead of Merit dots). Bolthole just has it as a Merit because it's magical.

>>44973570
Nah, think of it more like one type of merit that you're divvying up points for. Think of your Safe Place like a person. These are just it's traits.

Hrm... now I want to make "vehicle" rules for WoD. Where did I put my pirate ship mechanics...
>>
>>44973753
We've got vehicle rules in CofD.
>>
>>44974086
When I say vehicles, I mean more along the lines of boats or spaceships.
>>
>>44975447
Boat is basically the same thing as a car, mechanics-wise. Ships. space and regular, are better off as backdrop than actual vehicles.
>>
>>44967649
wait what......
so what happens to them after they move on and what happens to the soul
>>
>>44977709
One of the big Mysteries of the setting.
>>
>>44975796
A boat is a lot more complicated than a car. It's a moving Safe Place. And some people might be interested in things like a vehicle's armour rating and how much storage space it has, or how fast it goes. Sure, it's not NECESSARY, but some people enjoy that kind of thing.
>>
>>44956238
It hasn't even been two years since KLK aired.
>>
>>44977979
Yes yes, but the mechanics of moving one around would be the same.
While storage space might be a neat addition, armour rating exists. Just look at the materials, and levels of reinforcement.
The speed is a bit more difficult, admittedly, since it requires basic maths. You have to look up the numbers, and translate that to Speed. (Speed 1 = 1 foot per second, btw.)
>>
>>44978095
It's not the "moving one around" part that I'm interested in. Also, have you even seen the vehicle rules? There's plenty of space to elaborate on that for something bigger and more mobile-base like.
>>
>>44978200
>have you even seen the vehicle rules?
Yeah. We can but hope that they actually fix that for the proper release.
>>
>>44978231
They're not bad, there's just a lot of places to expand on. I mean, like you (or whoever) pointed out, you CAN just keep that narrative and not worry about the actual mechanics.

There also are spaceship rules, technically. They're in Infinite Macabre. I just don't like them that much. They're inelegant.
>>
>>44978395
Three things.
First: I mostly meant the broken table that actually explains things.

Second: I have to check here. What scale of boat are we talking here?
Because, honestly, to me there is a very small window between "vehicle" and "mobile backdrop". For the former group, the same mechanics that apply to land vehicles would work for me.

Third: what are the spaceship mechanics? I never picked up Infinite Macabre, as none of the ideas in it interested me.
>>
>>44978552
>Second: I have to check here. What scale of boat are we talking here?
Well, I was originally developing it for 1715 Geist, so... Pirate ship.

The Spaceship mechanics are broken up into merits of Size, Armour, Speed, and Weapons. The Weapons is the silliest, with the highest rank giving you something like +50 dice.

Trying to do canonballs and hyper lasers that can seriously kill people but might also only take off a leg if you're lucky is another thing I've kicked around homebrewing. (For giant robots and a Storyteller version of AdEva)
>>
>>44978680
Right!
They had the proper idea with trying to compartmentalize the idea, of course.
I'd split the hull into different areas as well, to give the ship some health zones.
For smaller crafts, I'd split it in four segments, fore and aft, for the ends, and split the middle part in two, port and starboard. And larger crafts into six, split down the middle, and having fore, aft and centre sections each. Truly massive ships might have eight.
Each section would have... oh... 15-20 Size.
The durability of ship-levels of reinforced oak, I feel would be somewhere around... 7-ish. Two in base (ship-grade oak being on the level of aluminium doesn't feel wrong to me, if anything it's a bit weak), and some serious reinforcement. Copper- and Ironclad ships have significantly more, of course.
Each section that gets damaged (less than half Structure) inflicts problems to the ship, each section that gets destroyed (no structure left), starts taking in water, causing a lot of problems. If half or more of the sections are destroyed, the ship sinks in short order.

Cannons, I think would be fairly high damage, with decent armour penetration, and also complete bitches to aim.
Canister shot would lower damage, and remove armour penetration, as well as range, but would be less of a bitch to aim with, and if used against crowds, it'd hit everyone in it, as per the full auto burst rules.
Chain and Bar shot would also have lowered range, but would increase the damage. If used against people, it could hit more than one person, as per medium burst.

Ships would have a manoeuvrability trait, which would be modified by different kinds, and sizes of hulls, as well as the type of sails, masts et.c.

Masts, of course, would be cripplable just like hull sections, by the same rules, though at a bit lower size, and less reinforcement. They will most often be in cover behind sails though, that have no durability to speak of, but huge-ass size.
Just my ideas from early morning, like this.
>>
>>44979200
Sort of where I was going. Although I didn't worry about individual sections being more or less armoured.

I also had rules for steering and maneuvering, which was essentially a Tactic from Hunter.
>>
Man, I'm playing Bloodlines and my game is so buggy.

I can't get Heather even though I talked to her and had her go to my place, and I have three quests in Hollywood that won't progress. I can't talk to Isaac about completing Going the Way of Kings, and I'm not getting email from either Mitnick or the Prince about bugging shit or that shitty review.
>>
>>44980934
>All the way to the Giovanni Mansion
>Can't stand unfinished quests
>Try to reinstall the Plus Patch
>See this
Well fuck.
Looks like I'm Noclipping through those fucking sewers after all.
>>
File: riddle me this kain.png (3 KB, 131x129) Image search: [Google]
riddle me this kain.png
3 KB, 131x129
i have this idea for a Malkyasid...
>>
>>44982731
No. Stop that.

Although you did make me want to make Kyasid in 2e. Though that neds a major redrafting.
>>
File: 17615257354.jpg (69 KB, 520x678) Image search: [Google]
17615257354.jpg
69 KB, 520x678
>>44982731
Here we go again.
>>
File: the matrix has you.png (6 KB, 128x130) Image search: [Google]
the matrix has you.png
6 KB, 128x130
>>44982781
>>44982759
ok
>>
>>44982731
You need to start off with a capital "I"
>>
>>44977709
Nobody knows!

But yes, if you die and leave a ghost and then some asshole brings you back to life, a) your ghost doesn't just up and vanish and b) you come back soulless, as your soul passed on when you died. But mages have ways around that*

People who are soulless who die still leave ghosts. *Buildings* can leave ghosts if they're particularly remembered and get demolished suddenly. Hollow Mekhet are effectively haunted by themselves.

And, as alluded, a sufficiently-talented Death mage can make a ghost out of you even without any of that pesky "dying" business.

It's a fucked-up universe in the Chronicles of Darkness.

* - ie, stealing the soul of some other poor bastard they don't think is as important as you are. You have to be more important, they just went to the trouble of resurrecting you, after all.
>>
>>44983731
>and b) you come back soulless, as your soul passed on when you died.

Does this apply to all Resurrection powers?
>>
>>44983731
Can you leave a ghost even if you don't die all the way? Sudden clinical death, for instance.
>>
>>44983975

Try it and find out! Watch Flatliners first, for inspirational purposes.
>>
Ugh. Why does VtM:B go to shit?

I have no qualms about cheating at this point. The game had really great quest and level design and frankly for a good portion of the game you can get through it without murder. Then after, what, Grout's Manor everything goes down hill and every level is just a giant D&D maze filled with badguys?

I didn't do bad in the Tzimisce house, but then the sewers throws a fucking Vohzd at me that I HAVE to fight, followed by a whole bunch more. Thankfully they have a Perception of 0 and I can stealth right in front of them.

China Town wasn't actually that bad at first, then it's all "mow down waves of badguys with machineguns. Oh, you stealthed in? Too bad, they're auto-hostile and triggered by a cutscene!"

I had fun in the Giovanni mansion and was doing politicking and hearing people's secrets and snooping, but then I go underground and there's a fucking zombie filled dungeon. I finished that, it cutscened me out, I reloaded, snooped around, realized there was FUCKING NOTHING in the giant manor house, and then had to fight hordes of zombies and the obligatory boss fight again.

So fuck it. I've got 10 in any Feat I want and I'm swinging the Sheriff's sword.

After the Society of Leopold, how much game is left before I can start over and do the FUN parts as a Malkavian?
>>
>>44983750
Yeah, it probably does. Once you die, your soul passes on. Even if someone brings you back, somehow, it's gone. You died, you have a ghost and no soul.
>>
>>44984636
So a spirit brings you back wit the Resurrection numen and you come back with all your memories but no soul?
>>
>>44984671
Yes.
NOTHING can give you your soul back, save for *maybe* an archmage. Anything less, the best you can hope for is somebody else's soul being shoved into you.(At least as far as still having a soul and being mortal goes)
>>
>>44984700
Is there any way to undo the inevitable conditions lacking a Soul brings? Or is reviving someone just a temporary reprieve as they slowly and inevitably become an empty husk with neither the Integrity to make rational decisions nor the Willpower to act on the irrational ones?
>>
>The human soul exists in Twilight (see p. 218)

I fucking knew I'd read that somewhere. God, that was bugging me
>>
>>44984735
>the best you can hope for is somebody else's soul being shoved into you
>>
>>44984758
How else COULD it exist? Twilight is literally just "in the Fallen World/Flesh/whatever, but not materialized"

For the soul to not exist in Twilight would mean it was a physically tangible thing which humanity couldn't deny the existence of, because everyone* would have one, so everyone would have a visible, tangible aura around them.

*except for resurrected or otherwise soulless individuals
>>
>>44984766
And what effect does that have? If your memories and such are in your mind rather than soul (since you get those back when you're revived), is the soul just a spiritual battery - generic in design and one size fits all?

Or is using someone else's going to be like putting the wrong fuel in your car and fuck with your spiritual inner workings?

>>44984807
This was an argument I had yesterday about how anyone stepping into an area with no Twilight allowed would affect people since their souls are in Twilight.

I thought this would mean anyone stepping into such an area would be treated as Soulless for as long as they were physically in there since their soul cannot be. But I had mis-remembered how the effect was worded.

>No Twilight (•):Within the bolthole, the state of Twilight does not exist. Any ephemeral being that comes inside is automatically fully Manifested. This only applies once they’re inside (so, for example, they can still get in if the bolthole also has a Trap Door).

Now souls aren't ephemeral so they can't manifest, but there can still be nothing under the effect of Twilight in the area. So what happens to your soul?
>>
>>44984869
>Now souls aren't ephemeral
They most certainly are. The only other thing they could be is physical.
>So what happens to your soul?
If a mortal stepped into a bolthole with that quality, their soul would likely manifest as a physically present aura. They'd also most likely become a Stigmatic, or else suffer an Integrity breaking point, because seeing your soul manifest around you is definitely a breaking point, the first time.
>>
>>44985138
>>Now souls aren't ephemeral
>They most certainly are.

>The human soul exists in Twilight (see p. 218) but is not made of ephemera, so is insubstantial even to ephemeral beings unless they have Numina or Influences allowing them to manipulate souls. In general, only very high-Rank ghosts, or angels specifically sent to meddle with souls, have such abilities.

They're like a Second Sight psychic who's Astral projecting, they're in Twilight but aren't ephemera so can't make contact with anything, physical or otherwise.
>>
Do things like tear gas and pepper spray affect vampires? I know they don't need to breathe, but I imagine the eye and skin irritation associated with those things would still occur.
>>
>>44984735
>Is there any way to undo the inevitable conditions lacking a Soul brings?
Yea, sure - get a new soul.

Sure, that likely requires taking one from somebody else, but if you just went through the effort to bring someone back from the dead that shouldn't be too hard, right?
>>
>>44984460
I think it's an unfortunate issue with the way the ending portion works. There's just points where the game is built to have shit blow up, since you're actively being chased by every vampire in the city.

Good luck.
>>
>>44983731

I always wondered how the moros legacy focused around calling forth heroic ghosts worked because they don't use ghosts and its implied that their powers revolved around the true soul of the people they conjure.
>>
>>44978095
speed 1=/=1 foot per second
speed is how fast you can move in one turn, which is about three seconds.
>>
>>44984700
Demon can raise the dead with their soul intact. In fact if the demon can't bring the person back if the person soul has moved on or no replacement soul is in reach.
>>
>>44985654
Hurt locker talks about this. Look up the open dev, don't know about tear gass but pepper spay has a reduced effect.
>>
>>44984869
Same thing as normal, it remains invisible and untouchable except by those with the explicit powers to do so.
>>
>>44986544
But it's in Twilight, and nothing Twilight can go in there. So does it hang back at the edge and catch up to you once you leave?
>>
>>44986621
Things in twilight can still go in, but they immediately manifest. However, one assumes it either remains invisible except by those with the explicit power to do soul muckery or it manifests a la aura, as said earlier.
>>
>>44984766
wait if a soul can be put into someone else does it not effect the person who took it...... i always assume that a soul was a big part of you and without it your a shell.
what does this mean for the soul and does the soul hold the human memory of someone once that person dies
>>
So what I got from this discussion is the fact that in WoD people don't when they are killed.
>>
>>44987239
People don't what when they're killed?
>>
>>44987688
I forgot the word 'die', I am a gonzo.
>>
>>44973421
Slightly reworked some of the dumb stuff from this, primarily the "extra Equipment" bit and "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst."

http://pastebin.com/BVR4VAsn
>>
>>44987713

No, you got it right the first time. People don't when they're killed. Between ghosts, becoming undead/immortal/a primal or spiritual being, they just don't.
>>
How exactly do angels get essence back? Do they just chill out at infrastructure? Do bits of mortal infrastructure count?
>>
I'm almost done reading the Horror Recognition Guide. It's really good stuff and think it's loads better than the stories in the CofD core rulebook. I'm about to read up on the actual Hunter book, but I'm intrigued about Innocents. Which one do you think I should go with?
>>
>>44988368
infrastructure can give an Angel 1ess/day, same as resonance and anchors do for ghosts and spirits.

They can suck it in from a Locus or steal it from other spirits / werewolves / probably demons.
>>
>>44988615
Ah, alright.
>>
>>44988615
Not from demons. Demon don't have essence any more, but some angels can exchange 4 Aether for 1 essence.
>>
>>44986342
3 second turns, 1 speed moves 1 yard. 1 yard=3 feet. Therefore, 1 speed=1 ft per second.
>>
>>44986059
I'm not even at that point and the game feels like it fell apart. My friend keeps saying "this is where the money ran out".
>>
>>44988461

Try Hunter first. It'll help flesh out the HRG a bit more while keeping the big mysteries.
>>
>>44988461
Horror Recognition Guide has some of the best fiction in the World of Darkness.
>>
>>44990707
Your friend is right.
>>
>>44990982
Got it, reading it right now.
>>44992038
Strangely enough, I had a game that I wanted to have the exact same feeling of all of these stories, except I was using the Small Towns system to play it.
>>
So, for reasons that are relevant to something i discovered while messing with incepts, what exactly are the effects of the speed of sound of a human?
>>
>>44992369
Nobody's ever gone the speed of sound, we have no idea. Presumably unless you can properly protect against it, extreme acceleration would liquify them.
>>
>>44992573
I should rephrase, it's an angel going the speed of sound. I'm asking what exactly the consequences of being near someone who is zipping around at the speed of sound would be.
>>
>>44992573
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B4IVcCuIZE
>>
>>44992680
Basically the same as being near anything that's going very fast. The draft would knock you around something bad. Being nearby when they break the sound barrier would be bad for your ears.
>>
>>44992129
Small Towns?

>>44992056
Disappointing. I don't mind the story, but fuck me I hate the combat in this game.

>>44992573
No?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_barrier#Breaking_the_sound_barrier_as_a_human_projectile
>>
>>44992863
>>44992955
Shit, I was thinking about speed of light
>>
>>44992961
Whatever you want, then, as at that point you're saying fuck it to science anyway. Anything with mass can't reach speed of light, and even significant fractions of the speed of light are crazy.

If you want an idea of the realistic repercussions of such a thing, look here: https://what-if.xkcd.com/1/
>>
>>44993115
No the guy wanted speed of sound, I replied and fucked the two up
>>
>>44993172
Oh okay. That's more reasonable.
>>
>>44992915
Well that's the thing, I don't 'know' the exact effects of being near aside from what i said.
>>
>>44993115
>A careful reading of official Major League Baseball Rule 6.08(b) suggests that in this situation, the batter would be considered "hit by pitch", and would be eligible to advance to first base.
Hue
>>
>>44955854

DtD is my outright favorite line, and definitely one of my favorite RPGs period.
>>
>>44993621
They all end on lines like that...
>>
>>44994063
I like Randall Monroe's humour.
>>
>>44994455
Hush! Don't let the Internets hear you say that! He is popular, and thus should be hated!
>>
>>44994639
Yeah everyone knows if you don't like someone who's famous you're just doing it ironically
>>
Right, it's 1am in the morning and I finally managed to finish off the last bit of extra material I wanted to change in one of my drafts for The Pack. That's now sent off and should get added in during post-editing development, so now I am well and properly finished writing on The Pack. Nothing more to amend or change :P
>>
>>44996112

Congrats! Here's hoping we see it soon.
>>
>>44996112
What do you say about the allegations that Stew Wilson does in fact not exist?
>>
Hey, Dave, can you Resurrect someone with a Making Life spell? Or does it have to be an Unmaking Death spell?
>>
>>44996263

That'd be very silly, considering that he tweets quite a bit.
>>
>>44996306
So does Kylo Ren
https://twitter.com/KyloR3n
>>
>>44996263
If he doesn't exist then someone's gonna be really confused about what I just emailed them with.
>>
>>44996112

If you're finished with The Pack, I assume you'll soon start working on The Pack II: Son of the Pack - This Time It's Personal (of course, this would only be a working title in lieu of The Pack Strikes Back).

More seriously, what's up next for Werewolf, and are you currently writing for anything else in the CofD?
>>
>>44996496
I don't know for certain what's up next for Werewolf but I have some idea.

Currently I am not writing anything for the CofD, but there's at least two (maybe three) future projects that it seems likely I will be writing on but haven't yet started.

Mostly waiting for Written Stuff to become Published Stuff now.
>>
>>44996635
>not writing anything for the CofD ???

Is there simply an unusual pause in projects while others are awaiting editing and publishing, or have you somehow offended the dark powers ruling over OPP and Paradox?

Maybe you need to start LARPing with Dracula and remind him of your indispensability to the God Machine, err..., White Wolf.
>>
>>44996893

There's only a limited amount of projects to write for. Anything currently being written are on the first and second draft, and those already have their writers. Of course, there's off listed projects, but the Monday Meeting Notes seem to imply that that's mostly just a developer planning stage.
>>
>>44996286
I know very little about Mage, but "making life" sounds like it might create a new person from the corpse, instead of actually bringing the person back to life.
>>
>>44996496
The brochure announced Secrets of the Tribes, but apparently no one's working on it yet.
>>
>>44998830

Or writing has begun on Secrets of the Tribes, and Chris just isn't one of the authors.

We might all like Chris and his work, but he cannot write for everything.
>>
Hypothetically, if the ghost of a soulless person possessed that person what would that be like? I assume it would probably halt the Integrity loss, but you wouldn't be able to raise it.
>>
>>44998985
>Or writing has begun on Secrets of the Tribes, and Chris just isn't one of the authors.
Other werewolf writers have stated they weren't working on it, either.

So either the developer has hired an entirely new group of freelancers no one's heard of and kept the entire thing off the product progress schedule, or it hasn't started being written.

It hasn't started being written.
>>
>>44999078
Ghosts can't lose Integrity.
>>
>>44999112
Can't they? They can gain traits. They can grow and gain Experiences.
>>
>>44996635
pls to give us some wordcount on bale hounds and maeljin, who got nothing but a sidebar in 2E?
>>
>>44999227
They can't lose Integrity.
>>
Do you guys know of any ways to goad players into playing higher Morality characters?

I know it's the World of DARKness and all, but my players don't really seem to give a shit how far their Morality drops until they have so many derangements that they're basically unplayable, and then they bitch at me for making them suffer the effects.

It's the simplest stuff. Don't be a dick to everyone all the time. Don't murder people if you can help it. Don't consume another individual's soul.
>>
>>45000306
are these people owod players -_-.....
>>
>>45000340
No, I introduced them to WoD using nWoD 1e. When we finished up our current game, I was gonna see about transitioning over to 2e, but I don't think I want to GM for them. Like, in D&D they seem to care about their morality. Fuck, even in Shadowrun they tend not to be huge cunts. But in WoD they could care less.

The only one who has been trying to be good is one of the Werewolves, and the only reason he's doing so is because he's tired of Death Raging every time he gets hit.
>>
>>45000306

WoD just might not be the game for them. You may want to consider playing an action horror game or something, like Dread (the one with the d12s, not the one with the Jenga).
>>
>>45000410
I suppose so. I love WoD, and they seem to like the mechanics (with the exception of Morality), so it sucks that I feel so unsatisfied after some of our games.

We talked about how low we wanted our Morality to drop before the game began, and they all agreed on 3, which I didn't think was too unreasonable, but they all straddle the line way more often then they should (in my opinion).
>>
>>45000306
You should probably just play second edition. It got rid of derangements and Morality.
>>
>>45000306
>>45000401
How do they even get that far down? Like... you literally have to work to get below about Morality 4, unless you're a wizard.

How do they care about morality in Shadowrun and D&D but not WoD? Have you talked to them about this and asked them why they do it, and why they don't play less evil characters?

I mean, yeah, it's the World of Darkness. But ideally, you as a player character are the light.

>>45000467
Honestly I've never had a character go below 5. And he put his hand through his mother's chest (she got better, they made up).

>>45000572
Yeah, but killing people is still bad on Integrity. Worse, even, because there's no level where you're "okay" with Killing.
>>
>>45000608
>Yeah, but killing people is still bad on Integrity. Worse, even, because there's no level where you're "okay" with Killing.
But there's no derangements and low integrity doesn't take your character sheet away
>>
>>45000631
There are persistent conditions and if the GM is paying attention, they won't just let you fall to integrity 1 from acting like an insane asshole without repercussions.
>>
>>45000687
>There are persistent conditions and if the GM is paying attention, they won't just let you fall to integrity 1 from acting like an insane asshole without repercussions.
They're not nearly as stupid as derangements and aren't based around morality, so you can be a dick to people as much as you want and won't go insane because of it
>>
>>45000687
by GM I mean ST, not the god machine
>>
>>45000608
Just all the killing they've been doing. If they get into a fight with someone, they HAVE to kill them. Like, full Aggravated damage on their damage track on humans that piss them off. This is after they've surrendered or are running away. That and their primary method of getting information is brutally torturing gang members and they routinely either drain people of all their blood or eat humans as a werewolf to get back essence.

I don't get it either. They're sticklers for alignment in D&D.
>>
>>45000768
>or eat humans as a werewolf to get back essence.
Then 2e's really better for them, since you don't lose your character sheet either way and the only persistent conditions you get for low Harm are bans (that you lose when you regain your harmony)
>>
>>45000768
WoD was always about being in a world of dicks and tying not to become one yourself. your friends where born dicks in game and got worse
>>
>>45000401

Well, there's always the nuclear option. Beast doesn't really care all that much about Morality, to the point where that bar is replaced with how hungry the character is. Maybe that'll somehow put them back on track, like some kind of reverse psychology.
>>
>>45000861
all the 2E non-humans and some of the 1E non-humans have a similar deal with "No moralty".
>>
>>45000907

There's at least some sort of "follow these rules" systems with the others, though. Beast's is straight up "just eat, but not like too much or too little, OK?"
>>
>>45000937
Nope, beast you can do whatever you want, you're a monster, its the point
>>
>>45000972

Exactly. Maybe it's just the limitations that are holding them back from being decent people, like some kind of bizarre libertarian-esque scenario. They could take to Beast, or come back from it willing to play ball after they get it all out of their system, who knows.
>>
>>45001112
>Maybe it's just the limitations that are holding them back from being decent people,
Fucking around in a game doesn't mean they're indecent people
>>
>>45001137
I assume he was talking about being decent in game, not irl.
>>
>>45001154

Yeah, I should have said decent acting characters, my bad. I'm sure the anon's players are pretty OK folk.
>>
>>45000972
nope :)
the more you fuck with someone the more likely a hero will be born.

heroes are pure evil
>>
>>45001154
Not everyone wants to be a goodie goodie, if he's triggered by it he should stop playing with them
>>
>>45001200
>the more you fuck with someone the more likely a hero will be born.
It's the other way around. Heroes are created when you don't feed at all.
>>
>>45001223
so your saying i can turn into peter pan and tell kids to jump off a building and nothing will happen
>>
Fucking Hell, the Society of Leopold feels like Troika is punishing me for wanting to stealth and talk my way through all my problems, and use melee whenever I do get into a fight.

"Oh, you like stealth? Too bad, all these enemies are in groups of three!"
"Oh, you like talking? Talk to the lead"
"Oh, you like melee? Enjoy being stunlocked by Mac-10s!"

>>45000631
>>45000715
Iunno, I wouldn't want to deal with Guilt and Fugue and any Derangements the ST decides to make into Conditions (which I wish they did in the Coooooore. Mortal Remains even suggests it).
Hell, a Guilty Mad character with Fugues is going to be worse.

>>45000768
Ask them why.

>>45000861
They might enjoy Beast, really.

>>45001200
>>45001223
Not really. Beasts don't make Heroes, and even in the first draft, it was basically impossible to make a Hero without REALLY trying. Heroes just exist, same as Beasts.

It might get Heroes on your tail, though. Or Hunters. Or, you know, cops.

>>45001208
Or if they want him to keep running, they should stop being pants on head stupid.
>>
>>45001208

There's a wide gulf between a character who's a veritable saint and a character who's little more than an asshole serial killer. I find players who choose either extreme for their characters are often difficult to GM, very bad for character group dynamics, and really just not fun to be around. YMMV.
>>
>>45001251
>>45001247
so...no this?
>>
>>45001247
They might jump off the building and you'd be investigated for whatever you were doing with a bunch of kids before they commit suicide, or they'd run away and tell the authorities. Or you might get away with it no problem.

You might even feel bad for it, but you won't suffer any mechanical infractions, no.

>>45001251
>Or if they want him to keep running, they should stop being pants on head stupid.
He knows enough about what they're going to do in situations to complain about it, he makes all the situations they come across, and keeps putting them into situations where they'll do bad. He's the one acting pants on head stupid.
>>
>>44990707
More time than money, I think. Remember, VtM:B was MASSIVELY rushed to its gold disc because Activision demanded they have the first source engine game on the market, even before HL2.

It was time constraints that murdered the end of the game, and killed the bugtesting that would've made the rest as unbuggy as the patches render it today. And those constraints came down from the publisher, crushing Troika in the process.
>>
I just want to send some positive thoughts to the WW / OPP crew and hope Mage 2e finally receives approval this week, and publication soon thereafter.

Dracula just needs to take a very short break from LARPing to finish reading the draft...
>>
>>45001368

Well I counter your positive thoughts with negative thoughts
>>
>>45001387
I just want Trinity.
>>
>>45001485
>I just want Trinity.

I do to, but it appears to be a long way off.

OPP still hasn't finalized the new game mechanics, there have been no official spoilers, and the little bit of discussion by OPP of their own or non-WW products seems to exclusively concern Scion and Pugmire.
>>
>>45001387
>Well I counter your positive thoughts with negative thoughts

Is that an Integrity Breaking Point?
>>
>>45001354
I thought Steam wouldn't let them get on the market until the day after Half-life.
>>
>>45001587

That is also true. Valve wouldn't let them release it until later, and Activision wouldn't let them playtest or work on the game during the delayed time.
>>
>>45001587
Which just makes it all the dumber, of course.
>>
>>45001559

I wonder what's my real life Integrity score
>>
>>45001368
I find it hard to believe that the only thing holding back one of the Big 3 titles for CofD is just LARP stuff. The Demon STG got released with seemingly no issue. Maybe Dracula just wants to make sure that the corebook of the next second edition game line is perfect for our consumption.

Have a little hope guys, we'll be getting the MMN in a a few hours. If we're lucky we'll get some news.
>>
>>45003905
I think the "Dracula needs to stop LARPing so he can rubber-stamp the Mage text" is more of a joke.
>>
>>44982327
Do it nigger! Noclip your way to political struggle!
>>
>>44996893
>Is there simply an unusual pause in projects while others are awaiting editing and publishing, or have you somehow offended the dark powers ruling over OPP and Paradox?

It's just the case that the lines I am interested in working for are either wrapping up existing books or haven't yet started on new ones.

>>44999083
>It hasn't started being written.

Obviously I can't say for sure, but I don't think writing on Secrets of the Tribes has started yet.

>>44999288
>pls to give us some wordcount on bale hounds and maeljin, who got nothing but a sidebar in 2E?

Stew has said that he wants the Bale Hounds to be given a proper treatment in 2E; that's the reason they had barely any coverage in the corebook, because even if we'd tried to make space for them we didn't *have* the spare wordcount - they'd just have ended up getting a paltry, shallow approach rather than the love and care they deserve.

I don't know what his plans are for *when* they'll get their turn.
>>
>>45005386
Any plans for the Wayward sons?
>>
>>45006060
The shifters from War Against The Pure?

The answer is not 'no' but I can't really say anything more than that without revealing details :P
>>
File: 1453529578420.png (299 KB, 600x541) Image search: [Google]
1453529578420.png
299 KB, 600x541
>>44965824
If anyone so much as non-ironically suggested that, I would boot the fucker off the table regardless of my ST status. WoD attracts enough edgy menchildren as is, enabling them is the last thing the community needs.
>>44966747
> Anakim Beast with a Hunger for Punishment
I saw attempts to stat Alucard, and they all put him into BP 7+/methuselah level of power, but now it's a 0 EXP beast. Christ.
>>
>>45001251
> "Oh, you like stealth? Too bad, all these enemies are in groups of three!"
What could it possibly matter if you have Obfuscate? And if you don't have Obfuscate, why the fuck did you decide to focus on stealth, you poor tool?
>>
>>45006719
Indeed! One of the most fun things with Vampire is to Obfuscate someone, dispatch of them quickly and cleanly, and then have their companions realize that one of them is either taken out, or simply gone.
>>
>>45006588

Welcome to the future, the Beast future, where a "0 XP Beast" becomes the answer to all WoD stat me requests.
>>
>>45007997
So 0 xp Beast is the new owlbear stats?
>>
>>45008392

If only. An owlbear's ready to go but there's too many axes of choice for a WoD joke statblock. You might as well actually stat them at that point.
>>
I just had an incredibly silly idea. It's a Spirit of Mechanized warfare that chases down people and explodes, blasting a hole in the Gauntlet over where they are located and creating a Wound.
OVER HERE!
>>
>>45008603
Couldn't you have an Owlbear as a Totem Spirit? No this has nothing to do with the Strix, it's basically the least complex representation of the Spirit of a patch of Coniferous Woodlands.
>>
>>45005386
>Stew has said that he wants the Bale Hounds to be given a proper treatment in 2E; that's the reason they had barely any coverage in the corebook, because even if we'd tried to make space for them we didn't *have* the spare wordcount - they'd just have ended up getting a paltry, shallow approach rather than the love and care they deserve.
Isn't this going to lead to the same "we can't assume the reader knows this information in later sourcebooks since it wasn't in core" that caused Dave to write a whole new Mage corebook in the first place?
>>
>>45008680

You totally could, yeah. It'd be a nice follow up to the typical Owlbear's stats in a stat me thread, come to think of it. It's not long enough to make someone think that it could be a for real stat block but it could work.
>>
File: 53072907_p0.png (326 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
53072907_p0.png
326 KB, 570x570
>>45008392
More like the go-to for statting up a character that previously would have been too powerful to be made by default rules. Beasts are so stupidly overpowered that they dwarf fucking solar exalted. A 0 XP, beast character can make a whole cabal of mages permanently powerless by robbing them of their souls. At sight range. In a single round. Without a roll.
You can actually conceivably build Saitama as a beast at chargen, and while he, of course, won't be as strong as the original, he would still live to quite a number of his feats.
>>
File: parkourdude91.png (188 KB, 410x350) Image search: [Google]
parkourdude91.png
188 KB, 410x350
Stat me, /wodg/

First edition nWoD preferably, please.
>>
>>45009079

Beast can't steal souls anymore. Final version of Beast cut You Are Meat.
>>
>>45009297
Did they? I lost interested after the "rewrite" turning out to be a couple of changed lines with the rest being exactly the same.
And I'm still positive that Saitama could be built as a beast at chargen.
>>
If Mage ever comes out, what is the first character you're going to make?
>>
>>45009441
Shota catboy with an owlbear spirit mentor.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.