[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EEEEEVIL god?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11
File: human heavy metal armor.jpg (85 KB, 640x916) Image search: [Google]
human heavy metal armor.jpg
85 KB, 640x916
An evil as fuck lich becomes a god and chooses Death as his portfolio.

He is now the god of death

He realizes that, when someone dies, he gets power based on how long a life they lived, as if they had been accumulating energy through their life. The more they have experienced, the better for him.

Would it make sense to start worrying about extending the life of mortals and giving them happier, more fulfilling lives? what would he think about baby sacrifices? they give him a tiny boost, but are effectively insignificant compared to the death of an old man.

Did he... did he just became the god of long happy lives, if only because of selfish reasons? is worshiping an evil asshole that wants you to live a long and happy life for selfish reasons, an evil act?

Picture unrelated
>>
>>44895972
>Oh no you don't mother fucker, you don't get to die yet!
>Now you better go talk to your crush, before we talk again, Don't waste that damn life of yours, you fucker

>Find every last baby murderer and put them in a permanent sleep, here's the spell I made just for that, remember It only works on fuckers murdering babies, I even made some extra wands with this spell which anyone can fire, even babies!

>Goddamn those fucking orphans, It takes so much of my precious time, making each and everyone of those shitstain's happy

>How am i going to rationalize this "Cure All Diseases and Disfigurments ever" spell to that asshole god of pain/disease"
>>
>>44896065
>Dammit mortals I'm EVIL, stop worshiping me you GOOD FUCKS
>>
>>44895972
>Heavy metal
I see what you did there.

Also I suppose him being evil relates to what the lich was doing before he ascended? Unless he's using his god powers for evil now, then it makes sense to want to overthrow him even if he's getting people to live long and happy lives as a side effect. Plus he might come to conclusion that he should bind all the people into some sort of fantasy Matrix to insure they can't sabotage their long and happy lives with their individual freedom.
>>
>>44896065
>Now you better go talk to your crush, before we talk again, Don't waste that damn life of yours, you fucker
>And don't forget to fuck her brains out, you little shit! I want at least one person that can die for me later out of this, twins would be better though.

>Oh and contraception is absolutely b& in case that wasn't obvious.
>>
>>44895972
If he keeps doing good, who cares why he does it, as long as he keeps doing it?

"Hey, have you natoced how the average lidespan has grown by like, 20 years since that evil fuck became a god?"
>>
>>44896210
>>Oh and contraception is absolutely b& in case that wasn't obvious.

This explains the catholic church, I guess
>>
>>44896210
>banning contraception
intentional excessive quantity does not overcome quality bra
as an evil fuck he would run the numbers and know that would lead to inferior product
in fact banning contraception would reduce overall total quality of life rate

Its like saying that a job has 20 man hours, so therefore 20 men can do it in one hour better than 5 men in 4, where your dealing with compression loss, and to many cooks in the kitchen

Or a better analogy is It takes 20 min to cook a meal at 200 degrees, so therefore you can cook it in 1 min at 4000 degrees

the only people who benefit from more poor people are the current rich (including religious organizations), and an evil as fuck god wouldn't give a shit about rich fucks, and our hypothetical god, would know exactly how poor those rich fucks "Happiness" total is at their death
>>
>>44895972
Yeah, I think he'd be about extending their life through undeath and making lots of undead dudes.
>>
>>44896332
That's assuming that length of life is the only thing that matters, that one person living for a better part of century in relative peace will benefit him more than a couple of people living in world of strife, possibly much richer in experience and dying at young age in fight for limited resources or glory.
>>
>>44896387
There's a pretty good chance they stop counting when there undead.
>>
I am stealing this idea, OP
>>
>>44896332
>Or a better analogy is It takes 20 min to cook a meal at 200 degrees, so therefore you can cook it in 1 min at 4000 degrees
You are so very wrong. It is about comparing a meal cooked at 200 degrees with two meals at 200 degrees. More people does not only mean more workers, but also more consumers. The only issue i see arising is a child care and educational system. on a broad economic scale, this is a very minor issue that can easily be solved.

You are probably confused by the correlation between poor socioeconomic status and high birth rates. There is a large consensus that this correlation is mainly caused by the socioeconomic status and not vice versa.
>>
>>44896416
>That's assuming that length of life is the only thing that matters
No it assumes that short lives are harder to be "fulfilled"...

>that one person living for a better part of century in relative peace will benefit him more than a couple of people living in world of strife, possibly much richer in experience and dying at young age in fight for limited resources or glory.

Are you seriously trying to argue that short lives are justified by the "possibility" of a richer experience?
Hedonistic lives are not "richer".
Short common lives are not "richer".

Besides even by your argument, if a person could live longer, AND do the same things the short lives did, then they would lose less time to do those things on the startup between generations, so your argument STILL falls flat
If those activities necessarily shorten a life, Then it's not "richer", it just burnt out faster
>>
I'd think increasing birth rates would be better than increasing life expectancy. Taking nine months to make a new person is much easier than taking years to make an existing person live twice as long.
>>
All this happiness forgets that we wouldn't be content with everything perfect forever. We crave conflict and opposition - gives us something to overcome. Motivation is borne of scarcity.

Which is good as your Lich God doesn't and shouldn't be trying to make no-one matched with their perfect partner at no cost - they only need leave the door to success ever so slightly ajar.
>>
>>44895972

I'd honestly rather encounter that god a few thousand years down the road. Sure, this version would be HILARIOUS to interact with, but in 2500 years or so, he'd be a genuinely interesting character.

Would he be embittered and slothful? A cold, soulless bean counter inured to existence as a whole from centuries of carefully micromanaging existence to squeeze out as much power as he could until it became so rote he ceased to exist outside of that function? Maybe he has a heel/face turn, and learned the value of 'good' over all those years. You could go a lot of directions with the character, and each incarnation could have a fascinating personality, and an equally interesting faith built around it.
>>
>>44896476
Resources are inherently limited
It would be like Making 2 dinners at 100 degrees each for the same amount of time, or making 200 dinners each at 1 degree (assuming this means above room temperature). no matter how you warp this the dinner doesn't come out good

High birth rates is caused by poor natal care, its high to over come the high death rates.
Poverty is a byproduct, not the cause.
AND STILL that argument falls flat because you suggest "High quality Life" naturally reduces birth rates
>>
>>44896531
Why are you ignoring the
>The more they have experienced, the better for him.
part of the hypothetical?

His ingesting of ass-loads of infants who have no experience would not compensate him for the loss of even One old person
>>
>>44896536
>they only need leave the door to success ever so slightly ajar.

>look I don't know who your "true love" is, but you better go find them and love the fuck out of them, You Hear?
>>
File: 1437010085038.gif (3 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
1437010085038.gif
3 MB, 286x258
>>44896065
>Goddamn those fucking orphans, It takes so much of my precious time, making each and everyone of those shitstain's happy
>>
>>44896548
I think after that much time he'd be compeltely frustrated with humanity:
>"Guys, look, I'm giving you aything you want. Any. Fucking. Thing. Like, seriously, I've got enough power right now that just by existing I'm making all your lives better in every possible way. The ONLY thing I ask for it is that you live that life as long as you can. And yet, you keep killing each other, finding new diseases that I've never heard about (Seriously, guys, fucking MONKEYS?) and being overall dicks to each other.
>You know what? I'm fucking done with the lot of you. I'm killing all of you and starting anew and you'd better start treating each other nicely or ELSE.

Suddenly the christian god makes much more sense.
>>
>>44896493
You completely missed the point. More people implies strife. Less people and less competition implies complacency. It's possible to live "more fulfilled" life with more time, but just as well having more time and little challenge may lead to treating this time for granted.

You are the one advocating for hedonism here, really.
>>
>>44896658
Who the hell attached "ease" to longevity?
Because I can assure you I didn't
Just because you have fewer peers doesn't make everything easier

Also hedonism don't promote longevity you dunce

And if i did promote hedonism (which I actually denounced), its because the op's hypothetical required "Fulfilled lives", "richness of experience", more expedience, more different experiences

You are literally arguing against the OP's main portion of his hypothetical
Short lives all with the same experience of unsuccessful struggle, and emotionally and developmentally inferior lives does not qualify as "rich" of "fulfilled"
>>
First off, I'd like to say that this is a god damn amazing quest. And that you're a god damn amazing person.

Second, we should ask if our new steed knows something we don't! Or perhaps use some earthy magic to talk to the horse directly! Also, maybe Ol' Ma would accept some metal for horse?
>>
>>44896454
But they aren't dead. Seems like a loophole to me. I guess the real test is this: can you resurrect the undead?
>>
>>44896580
>His ingesting of ass-loads of infants

>mfw ingesting infant assloads
>>
>>44896731
This is pointless. You'd first have to define what is a "fulfilled life" to you. Experience is born of struggle, not comfort, and combination of lower birthrate and longer life contributes less towards struggle than combination of higher birthrate and shorter average lifespan.

Furthermore you'd have to come up with metrics for amount of benefit this death god would derive from a person's life depending on length of his life and amount, intensity and variety of their experience.

Then you would be able to tell whether 4 people living for 20 years before dying in a war have had more "rich and fulfilled life" than 1 person living to his 80 in period of peace.
>>
>>44895972
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
>>
>>44896913
Damn that's one fucking huge owl
>>
File: colbert_cant_believe_colbert.gif (1 MB, 172x162) Image search: [Google]
colbert_cant_believe_colbert.gif
1 MB, 172x162
>>44896935
>>
>>44896810
wrong thread, friend?
>>
>>44896885
>This is pointless.
Only because you ignored the examples given by the OP
And ignore how excessively common experiences don't count as "rich"
And Ignored that less struggle is not the outcome of fewer individuals
>>
>>44897350
>And ignore how excessively common experiences don't count as "rich"
Says who? You? What is common to you? Watching your enemy driven before you and hearing lamentation of his women? Warm water and soft lavatory paper?
>And Ignored that less struggle is not the outcome of fewer individuals
Yes, it is. Less individuals means more resources left for everyone and less cause for conflict.
>>
>>44896913
>>44896935
What is an owlbear doing in this thread?
>>
I guess the question is, is "good" measured by actions or by intent?
His actions are good, but his intent is selfish.
>>
As for quantity/quality, the issue is setting-dependent. If you have a massive society with teeming cities and adventurers are antisocial assholes who adventure purely for disproportionate power, then yes, you don't care about adding to quantity. On the other hand, if most places resemble feudal Poland or Russia, then you sure as hell do care about quantity. Eventually, quantity will have a power all its own and lead to greater quality. You build for the situation you want, not to maximize utility of a currently shitty situation.
>>
>>44897503
more resources per capita does not mean more access you retard
>>
>>44897545
depends on what he is doing with his power. I mean if starts melting faces with the whole power thing he acquires it won't be good anymore
>>
>>44895972
Congats, you figured out that Death is not an inherently evil portfolio. Y'know, like the actual "Evil" portfolio is.
>>
>>44897794
Yes it does, actually. Unless you are arguing that more populous society must also automatically be more developed and efficient, which may or may not be true; and even if it does, required specialization and cooperation leads back to more potential frictions and space for conflict.
>>
>>44897821
and when would he be content with his power level?
Does he want infinitely more power, or will he eventually go "okay, I'm done, time to be evil again"?
>>
>>44898033
At this point you are just putting words into my mouth to straw-man me

A god of death, who is powered by the sums of the respective quotient of qualityXlifespan, regardless of your definition of "quality", would not prohibit contraceptives
>>
>>44898132
>A god of death, who is powered by the sums of the respective quotient of qualityXlifespan, regardless of your definition of "quality", would not prohibit contraceptives

How can you type a sentence like this and then call others retarded with straight face is beyond me.
>>
>>44898132
>quotent
meant product
>>
File: Sexy Sonic Cosplayer03.jpg (60 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
Sexy Sonic Cosplayer03.jpg
60 KB, 540x720
>>44896082
>Early worshippers worship him for teh evils
>god proceeds to extend their life span through various means
>they live to see the new worshippers of "the god of longevity and Benevolence"
>REEEEEE GOODIES GET OUT REEEE
>>
>tfw you keep clicking this thread just to look at warrior bubz again
>>
>>44896885
>define what is a "fulfilled life"

I have a few lists
For Men (in no specific order):
* Win a fist fight
* Write a book
* Plant a tree
* Love someone
* Raise children (adopting its fine)
* Build something with your own hands
* Own a dog
* Try to be better than you were yesterday

For women (pre 3rd wave feminism)
* Have a career
* Have a family
* Love someone
* Raise children (adopting is fine)
* Learn to cook for yourself and your loved ones
* Learn to paint

For women (post 3rd wave feminism)
* Parade naked during slut day
* Whine on about manspreading
* Run in the oppression Olympics
* Have a tiny dog or 3 cats
* Suicide due to depression
>>
>>44899693
>Run in the oppression Olympics
You ableist rapist.
>>
File: at first i was like but then i.png (111 KB, 441x531) Image search: [Google]
at first i was like but then i.png
111 KB, 441x531
>>44899802
>You ableist rapist.
heh

>Objectives of the "God of Death after a long and fulfilling life."

* Take down the god of cities. Learn that now you also get power per year a building stands. Its a LOT less than you get from a long and fulfilling sentient life upon death, but eh, everything adds up.

* Replace the God of Justice. Learn that now you also gain power whenever justice is properly carried out. Now you need to improve on the judicial system.

* Replace the Goddess of the Heart. Learn that now you get power based on how overall happy a family group is. This actually exponentially raises the power you get from your primary portfolio.

At this point, your dark cathedrals full of spike bits and black-robed priests start being swamped by new believers.

You start getting paladin orders of unholy warriors promoting long and fulfilling lives, fair justice for all, sound architecture and city planning, and rich family lives to the heretics worshippers of other, lesser deities.

Your greed for power is infinite
>>
>>44899662

This.

She's got an amazing rack.
>>
>>44896913
Such lust
>>
File: blown away nyah.png (389 KB, 891x1300) Image search: [Google]
blown away nyah.png
389 KB, 891x1300
<-- yfw a succubus for the God of Long and Fulfilling Lives (noone calls him the god of death anymore) comes to seduce your LG character away from the straight and narrow and into her master's eeeeeeeeeevil cult.

According to >>44900239 she also wants to start a loving family in a solidly built home within the borders of a progessive, multicultural and fair society

"I -AM- EVIL, STOP LAUGHING!"
>>
>>44900239
God of Roads/transportation is now frantically trying to hide as he is next on the list for acension to god of urban sprawl
>>
File: choices.jpg (83 KB, 460x696) Image search: [Google]
choices.jpg
83 KB, 460x696
>>44900634
He already owns the cities, shouldn't the god of the wilderness be terrified as he knows he's next in line?

After successfully devouring the god of the wilderness, cities and woodlands began mixing together, creating echo friendly, well balanced realms with just and fair laws, strong family bonds and long, fulfilling lives.

Evil has won, gentlemen
>>
File: civilization quest.png (370 KB, 884x1300) Image search: [Google]
civilization quest.png
370 KB, 884x1300
What if he started working with demihumans first? suddenly, the Black King of Death's march has stopped.

Send scouts to see what's up

"So, what's up?"
"T-the goblins, orcs, trolls and other mongsters have begin echo-friendly cities with fair, orderly societies built around proper city planning, solid architecture and family values, where they value long and rich lives over everything else, sir."
"GTFO"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHDmyhE1A
>>
>>44900965
The Black King is the opposite of progressive, that's his whole point. The drifters are progressive and making things happen, for good or bad, while the Black King has decided that society must be what he wants it to be, and if it isn't he'll kill everyone and try anew with another species.
>>
File: drinking buddy.png (925 KB, 1125x1600) Image search: [Google]
drinking buddy.png
925 KB, 1125x1600
>>44901188
You are missing the joke
>>
>>44901381
I probably am. What is the joke?
>>
>>44901818
It's all the opposite of how you expect it to be? A much simpler punch line.
>>
>>44895972
There's nothing wrong with evil characters doing good stuff.

If you want him to still be the villain, you could have his life prolonging bullshit result in monstrous races becoming a super huge threat due to suddenly them breeding out of control, their armies not being weakened by sickness and famine, etc. etc.
>>
File: triggered bucks.jpg (58 KB, 497x224) Image search: [Google]
triggered bucks.jpg
58 KB, 497x224
>>44900965

>referring to kobolds through trolls (humanoids) as demihumans
>>
>>44896065
>>How am i going to rationalize this "Cure All Diseases and Disfigurments ever" spell to that asshole god of pain/disease"

<shouting> I'll say it again you ugly fuck, it's "Cure All Diseases and Disfigurments ever" not ""Cure All Diseases and Disfigurments FOR EVER"! Your asshole followers can go around hurting people all over again. Just no FUCKING killing them before I say so! </shouting>
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.