[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warmahordes General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: warmachine_mkii_by_andreauderzo.jpg (258 KB, 1140x657) Image search: [Google]
warmachine_mkii_by_andreauderzo.jpg
258 KB, 1140x657
I just copy paste this edition
Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
>textuploader <dot> com / 5f980
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
>https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
>https://www.forwardkommander.com
>http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
>http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Aug%202015.pdf
Steamroller Rules
>http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
>http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
>http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issu
Your Dudes
>http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-2-3-2014
Abridged Lore
>gargantuans abridged:http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
>hordes abridged:http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
>http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>
Guesses on Mk 3?
>>
>>44889228
I'd say it'll be awhile, with PP getting rid of WM on Warders it shows they'll change core rules if they feel it's necessary.
>>
>>44889276

Wait, what?
>>
>>44889534
Newest errata, Warders lost weapon master.
>>
Just got a starter box of Menoth with Kreoss, a Vanquisher, a Crusader, a little dude (Repenter, I think?), and 5 cinerators. I'm gonna try to expand the list with a choir and 2 vassals. Anything else 100% required that I'm missing?

Also, anyone know a good paint tutorial for menoth? I'm not sure what colors to use, mainly
>>
File: 1440268013339.jpg (430 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
1440268013339.jpg
430 KB, 900x506
>>44890187
At first I thought you were joking and was about to berate you for being a troll.

Then I saw that you weren't joking.

>Warders lose WM
>EE nerfed into the dirt
>Runeshapers nerfed slightly

Oy vey the goyim weren't buying enough Doomy3!

>Splatter Boar preemptively nerfed
Thank god, I wasn't looking forward to PigMeta let me tell you what.
>>
>>44890268
Well as for paint scheme, go with what you want. I like gold and red, and the silver and bone compliment them. Go with what you like. If you stick with pKreoss, errants, UA, Rhupert and the Covenant are a good choice. They're a little expensive but defender's ward is great on them. Also, you'll be able to slot in pSeverious who is one of my favorite casters.
>>
>>44890487
If anything it got buffed!

Sure you can't force a warbeast to just kill something through rampager jank, but if I do frenzy its probably going to be more likely that I lose an activation now.

As for Warders, the jury is split. Half the people think it was too far. The other half think "About time!"

I really don't think Warders should replace all the units in TB, and I don't think PP has ever changed the pts value of a model so far.

That said, I think they are appropriately costed now. However, it doesn't matter what I say. People, by and large, have made up their minds on it. Wherever you stand on that line, your gonna have to deal with it.

Also some tests are being done with other models for other erratta. Not all of them make it to the document. If things get egregious, then it will accelerate a change. I'm not anyone special.
>>
>>44890642
I do think they needed to make them P+S 11 or 12 after they took away WM just to keep them doing a relevant amount of damage.
>>
>>44890526
Alright, sounds good; thanks. I really like the cream/ivory white with the maroon and gold, so I'll try to figure out what paints to use.
The covenant is the book, right?

Also, just an overall question; how difficult is it to switch out warcasters? Do they really require an entirely different army? I think Feora and Harbinger are pretty cool, too, and I might end up getting one or the other if subbing them isn't a big deal.
>>
>>44890642
As someone who's most common opponents are Trollbloods, I think the Warder nerf was a complete kick in the nuts to the faction as a whole.

Other lists didn't suddenly become more viable just because the best unit in faction got nerfed, because the quality of the opposition hasn't changed. The faction is just shittier now.

Something like the EE nerf, while a huge insult to people who played it since that exact list comp is now actually impossible, is at least understandable because it only hurt one fringe list and didn't affect the entire fucking faction.
>>
>>44890733
Losing battle driven would've been fine.

Now we are stuck at shitville where warder players can't fight out of a wet paper bag, and every faction that couldn't crack warders still can't crack warders.

Fuck this "negative play experience" BS. This errata would've been a 10/10 if it weren't for warders losing weaponmaster
>>
Daily reminder that errants> banes because banes are literally mat 6
>>
>>44891075
Anon no please Errants v. Banes discussion dominated the last thread let there be talk of something else
>>
File: 1410429795018.jpg (1 MB, 957x1332) Image search: [Google]
1410429795018.jpg
1 MB, 957x1332
>>44890835
The funny thing is that warder nerf actually makes the faction imbalance even greater.
Out top casters are affected very little by Warder nerfs, but our relatively bottom tier casters like P Madrak and E Grissel are falling down the pits.

E Grissel will never see the light of day again now that she doesn't have a feat again.
>>
>>44891186
Saitama_OK.jpg

Well look forward to the next eratta. I'm sure a whole 6 months of Cryx domination will mean hell to pay for baenz.

But I really dont envy PP right now. Unless Champions becomes the premier tournament format, the creation of new content is exponentially getting harder.

Especially with such a negative reaction to any attempt at balance.
>>
>>44891275
Problem with the balance is that the the mission statement and the actual actions are different.

Also creation of new content is not fucking difficult. PP's just been stubborn as hell for it.

Man O War support and Warjack support has been requested for Khador since how many years? Over a decade now?

Making a unit for Pigs that's not utter garbage? Is it that really difficult or are they not even trying?

Finally, I really don't want erratas to models anymore. There's too much. No longer are erratas doing rule clarifications or making things "work as intended", but now it's just a micro edit to redesign.

I personally think the pistol wraith change was a step toward a bad direction. The entire model's purpose has changed now. It's time for a mkiii so the game can be rebuilt on a clean slate. Mistakes rectified, rules cleaned up.
>>
>>44891186
>E Grissel
Honestly she looks pretty fun, even if not very competitive.
She also seems a lot like vindictus, complete with a feat that can be absolute trash, although she can personally contribute more
>>
>>44891385
But pig brigands with UA in a carver list actually wreck shit, anon.
>>
File: fgm.jpg (33 KB, 366x296) Image search: [Google]
fgm.jpg
33 KB, 366x296
>>44890835
>I think the Warder nerf was a complete kick in the nuts to the faction as a whole.
They was too strong. Now they're fine. "But my other units aren't as strong as warders was" isn't a valid argument, because they was TOO strong.
>>
>>44892380
They could've gotten rid of battle driven and make them still good and playable without being OP
>>
>>44892380
And now they can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag, thus MMM lists are now competitively defunct because they don't have a good anvil unit to anchor everything around anymore.

On the one hand, I'm glad I don't play trolls.
On the other hand, this feeling is oddly reminiscent of my 40k days when a new shit codex would come out and I'd think the exact same thing.
>>
>>44890487
Are you kidding? The Pig change is a straight up fucking buff.

Any player who fully forces a warbeast in a turn risks losing it's activation completely next turn.
>>
>>44891385
Pigs have gotten a lot to help them though. Both those new lights are sweet, their Battle Engine is nice, and their caster releases have been very good. Plus Ark's NQ tier, which is hilarious to run.
>>
>>44892453

Yes, they do.

Warders are still an Anvil. What they are NOT is a Hammer unit too.
>>
>>44892453
Warders are still a fine Anvil unit. They're just no longer also the Hammer unit at the same time.

Like, Tuffalo are one of their Hammer units, and you're likely to start seeing them again.

I mean, I agree that Troll infantry need something to get up to snuff, but Warders were pretty obviously straight up superior to everything else.

Now, I'm personally hoping this is a sign of things to come and other WM units start seeing some loss of capability.
>>
>>44892599
They're a shitty anvil. An 11-point 5-man unit with a single POW10 attack each is unacceptably bad.

They're borderline Shocktrooper-tier now, for different reasons.
>>
Hi all! I was looking to get into Warmachine, but I'm not sure what force I would like to play. With that being said, what would you recommend a complete noob buy to get set up, beyond a rulebook? Sorry for being a newfag but I thought this would be the best place to ask. Any help is greatly appreciated
>>
>>44890735
>how difficult is it to switch out warcasters? Do they really require an entirely different army?
In Protectorate? It depends. You can for example play those errants that were mentioned with any caster. It's just that Harbinger and the casters with Defenders Ward make them shine the most. Feora2 (I assume that's the one you mean?) likes her lists a bit different, with lots of jacks and maybe a unit of Zaelots.
>>
>>44892599
>>44892614
Let's just remove their attack all together while we're at it. Obviously things that don't die to a stiff breeze can't be allowed to hurt things, that could create a Negative Play Experience and hurt someone's fee-fees!
>>
>>44892627
Anvil units aren't meant to do damage, man. They're meant to absorb it. And Warders are still just as hard to kill as they always have been.

>>44892645
You do realize the problem with Warders was they were an impossible to kill unit that could regularly get to POW15-16 WM hits, right?

Like, with Warders as they were every other Troll unit might as well not have existed. Now, do those other units deserve some buffs? Of course, and hopefully they'll get them.

And hopefully other high POW WM infantry will start to see their shit nerfed as well.
>>
>>44892627

You don't need to kill stuff super well to be an anvil. The point of an anvil is to be tough and hard to kill.

The Anvil holds, the Hammer smashes.

You are seriously overstating it with shocktroopers as a comparison. You can still stick them on an objective and watch them never damnwell die and they go up to Pow 12 if anyone so much as scratches them.
>>
>>44892673
>>44892690
Then drop their point cost by 3-4 if they can't kill things.

An 11-point pillowfisted unit is only an "anvil" in the same way an 11-point unit with ARM30 but no attacks whatsoever and .5" movement is an "anvil".

They're shit. MMM wasn't overpowered to begin with, now it's just shit.
>>
>>44892453
>On the other hand, this feeling is oddly reminiscent of my 40k days when a new shit codex would come out and I'd think the exact same thing.
That means the problem is your attitude. Units are not supposed to invalidate each other like they do (by design, I assume) in 40k. They're supposed to complement each other. And the things Warders synergized with were the Stone (which EVERYTHING in Trolls synergizes with) and more Warders. I'm fairly certain the 2xWarders 1xChampions builds would have been 3xWarders if that was possible.
>>
>>44892707
There are better ways to do the errata, most certainly.

However, I think PP is very specifically trying to avoid altering stats and point costs in their errata. Even in their changing stuff, they've only added or removed special rules on models, they've never increased or decreased stats or costs.

And I think they're going to avoid that. Adding/removing rules is much easier on their card format that changing costs or stats is.
>>
>>44892627
They're 8 points and almost always P+S13. But you're just trying to be an annoying dickbag, so logic and real in-game situations matter little.
>>
>>44892673
>And hopefully other high POW WM infantry will start to see their shit nerfed as well.
That would be fine if it had come as part of some sort of sweeping rebalance that doesn't leave people out in the cold with no warning and no upside.
Some sort of "new edition" of the rules if you will. But what am I saying, that's blasphemy and we should succumb to the 40k-style surprise nerf/buff fuck-you-the-models-you-bought-are-useless-you-stupid-goy errata model.
>>
>>44892732
It's honestly the first time they've done it, and I don't think anyone's surprised they got nerfed, so much as angry at the kind of nerf they got.

And Warders are hardly worthless now, they're just not going to be FA2 in every list you run. It hurt the shit out of the faction, yes, but several casters still like them.
>>
>>44892643
Well I'd say: Don't buy that rulebook. You can get the rules for free from the PP website (http://privateerpress.com/the-rules-are-free) and all models come with their own rules.

Beyond that, which faction you want to play is largely up to your personal preference. What kind of play-style do you prefer? What kind of models do you like?

Also bear in mind, that the selection of your warcaster/warlock is just as important as your selection of faction.
>>
>>44892707
Jeasus Christ, that's a new level of saltiness. They're not 11 points. They move 8" and threat 9, not 0.5". Now fuck off and go cry elsewhere.
>>
>>44892707

No, they are not like that hypothetical unit.

They can engage people fine and pow 12 isn't anything to scoff over. Other infantry and the lighter jacks don't like pow 12. Just don't expect to see them tearing heavies apart in a single turn any more.
>>
Seems like a pretty blatant grab to get people to buy other things in Trollbloods.

Still want to play EE since you dumped a billion dollars into it? Well lucky for you I've got a Mountain King to sell you that totally hasn't been sitting in the warehouse since it's release day!

What's that, Warders are fulfilling all your infantry needs so you don't have to spend a gorillion dollars on sub-par medium based infantry? Well let's just nip that in the bud right now.

Oh, people think Doomy3 is just Runes2.0, and everyone already owns Runes? Let's just adjust it down a little bit and see what happens.

I'm all for proactive game balancing, but just clobbering a faction with the nerf bat is a shady as fuck way to do it, especially considering that if you remove EE from the equation the Troll tournament presence may as well be nil.
>>
>>44892795
>Just don't expect to see them tearing heavies apart in a single turn any more.
Outside of eMadrak, that is.
>>
>>44892824
People have already figured out you can play EE just fine, you just lose a Pyre and Slag. The change to the tier list in no way encourages people to go to tier four for the MK, it just stops the tier from being 11 points up.

They specifically changed Warders because they didn't like how they were the only infantry troll players were taking, yes. But the kind of people who are going to modify their lists based on this change are a pretty small minority of the playerbase, so it doesn't make sense as a cash grab.

Runes didn't really get nerfed as such. The change to Tremor is kind of a sideways move. They lost some tactics, but it makes it far better at other things.

No longer can Legion players depend on DEf16 Raeks in weird spots to contest against Runes, for example.

But yes, the fact that only Trolls got hit is pretty worrisome. None of the changes were unexpected, but the fact that it was Trolls and basically no one else is kind of fucked up. Rumors go that the changes for the other factions are coming, but require different tacks, but that just sounds like bullshit.
>>
>>44892824
>Seems like a pretty blatant grab to get people to buy other things in Trollbloods.
And to actually play other things in Trollbloods.
>Still want to play EE since you dumped a billion dollars into it? Well lucky for you I've got a Mountain King to sell you that totally hasn't been sitting in the warehouse since it's release day!
Even without the new T4 benefit, the list is still strong. It just gets to bring 2 less trolls. It still ahs a truckload of really good light beasts, that all get AD. And you get to combine that with a really good caster that just so happens to have a spell to manage their fury. It's just less ridiculous now.
>What's that, Warders are fulfilling all your infantry needs so you don't have to spend a gorillion dollars on sub-par medium based infantry? Well let's just nip that in the bud right now.
Fennblades. Champions. Toughallos. Fire Eaters. Burrowers. Highwaymen. Runeshapers. All good units. Don't know about the rest, because nobody around here plays them.
>Oh, people think Doomy3 is just Runes2.0, and everyone already owns Runes? Let's just adjust it down a little bit and see what happens.
Doomy3 is nothing like Runes. Unless you mean that he plays beast-heavy and bricks up.
>I'm all for proactive game balancing, but just clobbering a faction with the nerf bat is a shady as fuck way to do it, especially considering that if you remove EE from the equation the Troll tournament presence may as well be nil.
This is just the regular doom-saying. It'll pass and people will keep playing Trolls. They will be as successful or unsuccessful as they were before. Only now they might play something other than the usual 3 lists. That's a welcome change and well worth some careful swings with the nerf bat.
>>
>>44892867
>change to Tremor
I'd say that only happened, because the rules for magic tremor were an absolute mess.
>>
Hell, if PP was trying to make a money grab, they could have easily changed EE to allow the Glacier king. People would have played the shit out of that Garg in the tier, given what it adds.
>>
>>44892754
Ah, I didn't know that! Thank you! I mainly want to go warjack heavy (not sure if that's helpful, considering it's a game centred all around them), I enjoy shooting while moving forward with durable units. Should I eventually get the rulebook? I really like reading the lore of a setting, ideally in book form. It's also another way to support them.
>>
>>44893074
I really like Cygnar's miniatures (but I'm worried that I'm picking the Ultramarines of Warmachine with all the negatives that implies) , and the Mercenaries also have a cool vibe/aesthetic to them too
>>
>>44893142

Good news: As Cyngar you'll be running a LOT of mercs as if it doesn't have 'Gunmage' somewhere on it it's pretty shit.
>>
>>44893162
Ah, very nice. What would you recommend I buy to start a collection? A quick googling of "Cygnar starter set" brought up the Cygnar battlegroup set, which also comes with quickplay rules too
>>
>>44893231

Every single caster in Cygnar (And some mercs) gets a good amount of use out of Gunmage Pistoleers and Tempest Blazers along with the unit attachment for the former.
>>
>>44893262
Alright! Thank you very much for your help.
>>
>>44893074
>I really like reading the lore of a setting, ideally in book form.
For that, the RPG books are ideal. Kings, Nations and Gods goes into great detail on the actual Iron Kingdoms (mainly Cygnar, Khador, Protectorate).

>I mainly want to go warjack heavy (not sure if that's helpful, considering it's a game centred all around them)
That is actually very helpful. Every faction can play jack-heavy, but some are just inherently better at it. Protectorate of Menoth (especially Feora2 and Durst) and Convergence of Cyriss (especially Forge Master Syntherion) are probabl best at it, but every faction has some sort of jack caster.

>>44893142
Not really. Cygnar are the poster boys of the game, but not nearly on the same level as Space Marines in 40k. And Mercenaries are also very viable, but require a somewhat high investment.

>>44893231
If you can get the All-in-one army box, that would be a rather good start. The Storm Guard are a unit of questionable usefulness, but the rest are basically faction staples. Also, Siege is probably the best beginner caster in the game. He's simple to play (shoot dudes, camp focus), but offers some depth (Foxhole and Mage Shight shenannigans) once you get more into the game.
>>
>>44893368
Insanely helpful! I am truly grateful. Thank you very much!
>>
Errata that alter model rules/value is what community always asked to PP.

The fact that Nerf are stronger than buff is the way PP works. If you nerf something strong you don't create something OP instead in buffing you should always be extra cautios.

That are the first change PP is making so I can understand them going slow, it a bit like the first expasion Wrath where a lot of things weren't really good cause PP still don't know where to go.

The only mistake that I think PP have made is that outside Theme Force they should have released a global errata for each faction at the same time with nerf/buff to model that needed that.

In this way a single faction doesn't feel over punished. While at the moment this is the case with trolls.

What I fear most is that a lot of changes have been made on Theme Force and that theme force are relative new, especially Bradigus. THat make me think that PP playtest is slowing going to hell and their weak spot in playtesting are spamm list.
>>
>>44894500
Honestly, I just wish they follo up with a bit more in ~6 months and I'll be happy. Nerf the Necrosurgeon, the Helldivers, Harbinger, Vayl2 and maybe Skarre1 and Denny1. Nothing too crazy, just some minor things. That would leave us with some really good external balance.

My wishlist:
>Necrosurgeon revives forfeit movement or action
>Helldivers undig completely within 5"
>something about Martyrdom or Awe or Crusader's Call
>Machinations loses the SPD bonus
>something about pDenny's feat
>something about Ritual Sacrifice
>>
This errata only proves that PP only wants Cryx and Legion to be the top factions.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>44894687
Martyrdom got nerfed
>>
>>44893384
Keep in mind warjack heavy means more than one warjack in this game. Usually 2.

Infantry tend to be pt for pt the better investment.

Prepare for hard fought battles anon.
>>
>>44892824
How's that tinfoil hat working out for you?
>>
>>44895252
Well yeah dude, everyone knows that
>>
>>44896029
On the other hand, warjacks might be a better investment with the warder nerf. The main flaw of warjacks is you invest this huge amount of resources into something that gets murdered by WM infantry, and it doesn't have the volume of attacks to deal with infantry itself in most cases.
>>
>>44895742
No it didn't
>>
>>44895252
Rumor goes that Cryx nerfs are also coming, but that they have to be handled differently, since their problems are more fundamental to the nature of the game rules.

I don't know if I believe that, but that is what people are saying.
>>
>>44892575
It happens during control phase... after you leech.

Previously what you were describing happened because they frenzied immediately. It's definitely a nerf
>>
Anyone rip Mobius and the Trawler from the new NQ?
>>
>>44897494
Reread the rule. They make the check immediately, they just don't frenzy until the control phase.
>>
>>44896401

I'm not sure of Warders being nerfed suddenly means warjacks are viable again. Sure there is one less unit that can smash its steam shins in, but the work a battlegroup does is not nearly as much as a work an army does.

I had gotten over it for a while, but seeing how other games handle their "special" mechanic has made me wonder why PP even let this happen to their warjacks in the first place.

Battlegroups in Warmachine really only serve as a gateway drug to an army. Past that point it's really hard to make them work outside of a niche capacity.

The new errata gives me hope, Once I start walking without my Warder crutch, that my Cygnar and Cryx will be able to use their (Non Colossal)Jacks without feeling gimped through some wide reaching errata.
>>
>>44895252
>Cryx and Legion to be the top factions.

Actually legion is absolute trash and overcosted if they cannot abuse pathfinder and eyeless sight.

Also, don't forget that 12/19 or 11/20 are garbage defensive stats that define a heavy as glass cannon
>>
File: cry me a river.jpg (42 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
cry me a river.jpg
42 KB, 555x555
>>44899600
>Actually legion is absolute trash and overcosted if they cannot abuse pathfinder and eyeless sight.
git gud

seriously git gud

reach + innate pathfinder + chain attack bloodbath + eyelss sight to charge through woods with pathfinder and higher spd w/o animus up...

fuck dude just quit and go back to 40k seriosuly
>>
>>44899600
>Actually legion is absolute trash and overcosted if they cannot abuse pathfinder and eyeless sight.
Considering how much terrain is going to go on the table with sr2016 you can expect this to happen more
>>
>>44895252
>Prove me wrong.
Morv 2 and Bradigus still exist.
>>
>>44899737

Well... I guess it's kinda true. If there are no forest or los blockers and no rough terrain, Legion tends to lose faster than any other faction out there. Especially against armies with threat extenders.

It's still a game, but they then brought equipment they did not need and the opponent in theory should be able to dickstomp.

It just falls apart on the fact that Pathfinder is so good, most factions that have it tend to take it. Most people only own "the good stuff" now anyways.

Oh and LoS shenanigans still apply to stealth.
>>
>>44889180
No thanks, I play the real warhammer.
>>
>>44899600
Now post the angel's stat block.
>>
File: a better reckoner.jpg (343 KB, 1376x642) Image search: [Google]
a better reckoner.jpg
343 KB, 1376x642
>>44900511
That stat block also shows how dependent legion is on terrain placement
>>
I wish the Ghordson Driller chassis were better in ikrpg. There's literally no point in taking it over a Juggernaut besides price.
>>
>>44900755
rat5 vs rat 4?
juggernaut chassis being intrinsically tied to khadoran military?
Being a rhulic warcaster?
>>
File: 1431895930820.jpg (75 KB, 960x731) Image search: [Google]
1431895930820.jpg
75 KB, 960x731
>>44890487
>Birthday, blow a wad of cash on Double Warders
>Christmas
>Blow a wad of cash on lights for EE
>Last Week, see the new pGrissel Sculpt, get hype for MMM finish painting warders
>and now this.

Oh man. Why should I buy/build/paint RoW, Doomie3? I feel like I got suckered. I didn't get what I paid for.
>>
Tell me about corbeau vs di bray.
It seems to me that di bray offers better utility, but I'd like to hear the case for taking each
>>
So I found out there is a strong Warmahordes community in my area and I thought I'd take the plunge. After looking around and seeing what the game has to offer; I decided I really like the look of the Minions army, more specifically the bog trogs. What would I need in terms of amounts units would I need to make a fluffy bog trogs army? I heard the usual point limit is 35 for a good balanced game (or so I've read) any tips you got for me /tg/? Any books I specifically need to pick up ?
>>
>>44900874
>juggernaut chassis being intrinsically tied to khadoran military?

You'd be surprised.
>>
>>44901702

Take a look at Rask's theme force, it's pretty heavy on Bog Trogs at the expense of Gatormen Posse.
>>
>>44901907
Sounds good to me! Would also happen to know where I can find the rules for the Bog Trawler?
>>
>>44902323

They were published in the issue of No Quarter that just came out today. They're not in one of the big compiled rule books like Gargantuans, yet.

In summary:
Trawler: PC2, FA2
SPD 5 MAT 6 RAT 5 DEF 12 ARM 15
Works for all Hordes factions
Pathfinder, Ambush, Amphibious, Camoflauge
POW 12 on both gun and melee, gun is RNG 8
Drag on the gun
>>
>>44901702
Not going to lie, Minions are not the faction with the most options. But you can always start out with a balanced Rask build like this:

Rask (*6pts)
* Bull Snapper (3pts)
* Bull Snapper (3pts)
* Blackhide Wrastler (9pts)
Bog Trog Ambushers (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
Gatorman Bokor and Bog Trog Shamblers (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
Gatormen Posse (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)
Gatorman Witch Doctor (3pts)
>>
how good/useful are the Blighted Nyss Archers + UA?
>>
>>44902610
literally 5/8 longgunners
won't ever be used because dragon factions are spoiled doe
>>
File: aspyx_by_psykerscum-d7393tm.jpg (93 KB, 980x991) Image search: [Google]
aspyx_by_psykerscum-d7393tm.jpg
93 KB, 980x991
Hello, folks. Something for /tg/ from cryxian pirates. Have fun.

NQ_64.pdf
> http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/EQYQPCq9/file.html
>>
>>44902643
Not literally, but close. Less Range by 2, some stats different, Pathfinder and Combined Arms instead of Ranked Attack. Plus Cygnar do not use Longgunners too
>>
>>44902814
They don't use them because they're so overcosted. If they were 5/8 you probably would see them a little more.
>>
>>44902470
Looks ok
>>
>>44896583
Right. Thought it used to be control range instead of command.
>>
>>44903836
That's an older errata. All of them are cumulative.
>>
Bloat Thrall overseer looks pretty good. RAT 8 AOE 5 arcing fire shots with continuous corrosion would really shit all over the Skorne stuff I like to play.
Bog Trog Trawler looks okay; can't see why I'd actually bring a 2pt drag solo though.
>>
>>44903869
Ah, still pretty powerful then I'm guessing. My two local Menoth guys have diversified their lists, so it's been a long time since I've seen Harbinger across the table.
>>
>>44902674
Blessings of the Dragonfather upon you!
>>
>>44903932
>RAT 8
Only if he is aiming, since he does not affected by his own veteran leader ability.
>>
>>44902674
Finally, something to distract me from warder woes.
>>
>>44890487
Oh, that's so precious. You think they intend you to run Doomy3. And you think the Splatter Boar ruling was a nerf! How cute.

Let me ask you, if you're running Doomy3 with one or more Glacier Kings, like he's designed to, how would you feel about them losing their activation every turn? Because that's what the Splatter Boar now does to them. Oh, they have to fail a Threshold check to frenzy. What's their threshold again? Is it 6? Good luck passing that.

But it's not like every faction can field the Splatter Boar. Oh, wait, Rorsh and Brine work for literally every major faction? Well, Doomy3 will still be a good Convergence and Retribution matchup.
>>
>>44902674
You're always the best.
>>
>>44892575
Or any player fielding a Mountain/Glacier King at all.
>>
>>44904356
Running 14 points in a two list pairing to counter fucking gargantuans of all things is probably the single stupidest thing anyone could ever do.
>>
>>44902674
>It is the recursive remainder of an otherwise closed system, one which gains experience from each
brush with destruction.
>—Lich Lord Mortenebra
>Lich Lord Mortenebra
>>
>>44892729
First off, you're factoring in the support of other models in your equation. So if you want to complain about their power in that case, you're just complaining about buffs.

Second, they could routinely be P+S 11 now. But it's patently easy to just run, say, a unit of Iron Fang Pikemen+UA in to engage them and not fear retribution. Minifeat with either UA and P+S 11 needs 8s on 2d6 to kill. God forbid I run a 7 or 8-point warjack into them. Oh, I didn't damage you so you can't scratch my paint? And next turn I'm just going to push you back an inch to continue contesting your objective? Fine by me.
>>
>>44904249

I meant for the other guys. They're base 4, aim for 2, and if they see him it goes up another 2. Having two of them on the field could clear a unit of single wounds a turn
>>
>>44904416
I'll believe it when I'll see it. For example, they had "Iron Lich Vociferon" in Wrath. One book later we got just a "skarlock Vociferon", Ashpy3's attach.
>>
>>44902674

Huge thank you, mr. Pirate!
Everyone should have a friend like you! =)
>>
>>44890487
Thats not how you spell "splatter boar made 100xs better"

Can't wait to take it in cryx!
>>
>>44891385
>MOW support
now that warders were nerfed, there is even less chance that MOWs will get a buffing release
>>
>>44905134
Why?

Warders were nerfed because they outclassed all in-faction choices.

Man-o-Wars aren't even taken.
>>
Just noticed this in the latest NQ.
>>
>>44905379
And of course I forget my image.
>>
>>44905400
What about it? It was the cover of the journeman warcaster stories.
>>
I'm playing a non-serious 35 point tournament this weekend, any fun lists for Menoth you guys recommend? I never play at that point level so I'm kind of stumped.
>>
>>44905523

Look above the picture.
>>
>>44899879
The Wold War is over
>>
>>44904949
He could have have gotten repurposed...
>>
>>44905567
Kek.

PP, you bastards
>>
>>44905400

This is genuinely cool.
>>
>>44900617
>>44899600

These posts make me suspect you haven't played this game much... If only because you;re comparing the Castigator to anything favorably.
>>
>>44905400
Meanwhile in the Thornwood

"Damn it Mortenabra, where is that shipment of Inflictors?"
>>
>>44905801

Pretty sure he will be able to survive with only 2 units of shifting stones... I know it requires people actually play the game but I believe in Circle players ability to adapt.

Plus, I mean, Kreuger2, Morv2, Kromac1 and 2 still exist. Pretty sure they're safe.
>>
>>44906699

Didn't you see >>44904416

She was busy becoming a Lich Lord. Ain't nobody got time to be building jacks.
>>
>>44906699
and a sudden wave of Amnesia among the Warders
>>
>>44906796
Im wondering how she got the memo. Last we left our intrepid heroes she was safe within the cephalex hive below the necrofactorum
>>
>>44906755
I was refering to the tier nerf that removes fury from sentries
>>
>>44907714

I imagine she is just floating back to the Broken Isles on a boat when a little rowboat comes up along side them, a mechanithrall crawls up on deck with a note pinned to his chest that just reads
"Dear M,
Terminus is dead, grats, you're now a Lich Lord!
- Malethrax"

Then she just crumples it up, goes "cool" and then continues about her business.
>>
>>44907744

Oh, is that all it did? Well then what the fuck ever. Circle can quit their bitching.
>>
>>44907863
Well shes taking Morbus's position after Asphyxious and Deneghra engeniered his assassination. Terminus is just in limbo waiting to be rezzed
>>
Lets wishlist pointless stuff!

More fluff staring Gaspy!
A magic ranged cryx unit!
Bloodgorger UA!
>>
Journeyman starting up and I want to up my mercs collection. What do? Gorten seems cheeky as shit
>>
im new to warhammer, but in my local store plays warmachine a lot more, so where is good to star from if im playing warhammer already? im playing chaos and i would like to play something similar to chaos with warmachine
>>
>>44906655
why should there ever be that much of a power disparity between 2 similar models costing only 1 point different?
>>
>>44900238
>Legion tends to lose faster than any other faction out there

nope you just suck
>>
>>44899600
>11/20 garbage statblock
>has to use 10/20 warjacks
>owns warjacks that are 11/18 or 9/19
>>
>>44912492
They're pretty different games desu

Pick a faction you like the look of.
>>
>>44913470
desu was turned into desu what the heck
>>
>>44913490
Yeah, I dont know what does that
>>
>>44912852

It really just depends on caster and list taken. If you can weather the alpha with superior costed models or equivalently broken models, it's an uphill battle for a Legion player. They paid extra points for abilities they can't use.

It's just things aren't balanced that way since actual games require terrain, but of course if you want to be a Dingus go ahead. This is an anonymous message board, you can sheetpost all yoo want, Broseph
>>
>>44913555
me neither tbqh lads
>>
>>44913490
Family famil fami senpai fa f
>>
So, working with this Butcher3 list. Here's what I've got right now.

Butcher3
War Dog
Juggernaut
Ruin
Kodiak
Koldun Lord jack marshaling a Rager
Black Dragons
Iron Fang Kovnik
Eiryss2
Ragman
Widowmaker Marksman

I have 1 point left. I had two thoughts. Either make the Kodiak into a Juggernaut and add in Madelyn, or spend it to bump the Kodiak up to becoming a Grolar once that's out.

The only benefit the rager gets from being under butcher is Energizer, but being under the koldun lord gives it more versatility to pull of something like boosting hit with a cannon shot without giving it focus, while the koldun lord gives his focus to the juggernaut. Or boosting hit on a charge.
>>
>>44913581
git gud

stop being bad

l2 setup piece trade and stop taking bad lists

/thread
>>
>>44913606
Then it's T B H, desu
>>
>>44913634
>Khador list
>4 jacks

You're not going to like the feedback you get.
>>
>>44913637

You might as well have posted that you were a colossal faggot. Same value added to the thread, and more entertaining to boot!
>>
>>44913682
It's actually a pretty popular way of bricking up with butcher3. Energizer pushing them upfield, the rager shield guarding butcher, koldun lord reducing the focus burden (and ruin being able to charge for free), with the idea being that each piece is really tough to take down and really killy.

One of the lists used by the WTC winners was a Butcher3 list with Ruin, Beast 09, and 2 Devastators.
>>
>>44913758
Also, a member on the 6th place team used 3 juggernauts, and a member of the 8th placed team used 2 juggernauts, ruin, and a vanguard. My list is actually a derivative of that last one, I saw the concept and liked it.

8th: England Lions: Jamie Perkins Khador

Butcher 3 -4
War Dog +1
Juggernaut +7
Juggernaut +7
Ruin +10
Iron Fang Pikemen (max) +8
Black Dragon UA +2
Widowmakers +4
Koldun Lord +2
Eiryss 2 +3
Ragman +2
Raluk Moorclaw +2
Vanguard +5
Gobber Tinker +1
>>
>>44913490
It's a word filter. Welcome to 4chan.
>>
File: 200% mad xerxis.jpg (110 KB, 525x582) Image search: [Google]
200% mad xerxis.jpg
110 KB, 525x582
>>44913718
why don't you run back to your little spesss marine game crying like the retard faggot you are?

or are you one of those players that thought ohh i can probably slap a bunch of random models on the table and win types. and when it doesn't work you cry on the forums?

GIT GUD
>>
>>44913850
I was participating in a thought experiment. Uhhh you knew that right?
>>
>>44913758
>WTC
WTC is a totally different play and build style compared to standard 2 or 3 list competitive.
>>
>>44913909
It's pretty much skew harder. Since the likelihood is you can choose your battles more effectively.
>>
>>44912492
Hmm, you may like Skorne. They're similar to Khornates in that they relish the blood of their enemies, and they're not above mutilating themselves or their warbeasts for an edge in battle.

What sort of Chaos lists do you usually run?
>Lotsa magic?
>Lotsa melee?
>Lotsa ranged?

Look through the factions and decide which ones you like based on their aesthetic, and then we can tell you what they play like.

Once you decide, a battlebox for that faction is the de facto way to start.
>>
>>44913909
I didn't claim otherwise. But it's a viable way to play butcher 3 that I plan to try. And hey, with trolls nerfed I don't have to worry about them as much for matchups.
>>
>>44913634
I kinda like it, I think I'd vote grolar.
>>
So I just picked up legends of halaak. Thinking of using them in my makeda2 list, like this:

Makeda2
Krea
Gladiator
Bronzeback
Molik
Swordsmen + UA
Min beast handlers
Min incindiarii
Legends
Agonizer

Stay Death works on them since they're troopers, and the increased threat range and boosted attack rolls from the feat make them real threats.
>>
I want to make vlad3 but fuck cavalry is expensive
>>
>>44914316
He plays better without them anyway.

Go with Nyss and Kayazy
>>
>>44914316
You do know that you don't HAVE to play cav with vlad 3 right?
>>
>>44901370
Hahahahahaha
Serves you right for trying to build broken skew lists.
You knew they were broken skew lists, and yet you did it anyway.
Did you really need to win so badly?
>>
File: 1426826610086.png (193 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1426826610086.png
193 KB, 640x400
>>44913470
>>44913490
>>44913555
>>44913582
>>44913606
>>44913643
It is
>F
>A
>M
4chan has a word filter that automatically changes it to desu. Before, it was senpai. So you're probably not only new, but also stupid if you can't figure out something that basic.
>>
>>44912492
The closest thing to chaos in warmachine is probably orgoth, but there is no army because they got their ass kicked in the earliest fluff for being edgy faggots. I mean seriously who believes that putting skulls and spikes on things makes it "kewl" no one. That shit stops being kewl when you pass the age of 12.

So, for Warmachine/Hordes check out the factions and pick the one you like the look of. But don't try comparing to warhams because for starters warham isn't the reference of all wargames.
>>
>>44914684
senpai ?
Why senpai? it isn't even a word desu~nyaaaaaa
>>
>>44912804
Because they exist in different factions and not every model can be competitively viable.
>>
>>44913581
>This is an anonymous message board, you can sheetpost all yoo want, Broseph
Chain attack jay shitposts here all the time, the denegra cry a river image is his. He is so proud he oughta namefag.
>>
>>44914721
to be honest becomes desu? let's see
desu
>desu
nigger peanut butter desu desu nguuuuu
>>
>>44914721
Exactly. That's why it's filtered, because even our new Japanese overlords consider it disgusting.
>>
File: cryx starter.jpg (78 KB, 1200x455) Image search: [Google]
cryx starter.jpg
78 KB, 1200x455
Hello everyone,
Many years ago I bought the Cryx starter box (pic related) and Goreshade the Bastard, hoping to start a cool army. Then, because of the lack of interest in my gaming group, I never continued. Now, I have recently assembled a small Hordes army. I have a place to find players, but I would like to have a second army so I can play with my non-wargamer friends as well (and perhaps get them in the hobby).

So, any suggestions on how to make a fun and versatile 35 pts. list starting from that box, and featuring either Goreshade or Deneghra? Possibly without spending too much?
>>
>>44915007
Going to let you know that Denny one will probably be an unfun play experience for the other player due to her focus on debuffing the opponent and her feat, and Shade 1 has got a pretty weird spell list. If you're going to do a list with the battlebox content, I'd add bane thralls and their UA, and then a unit of MCthralls, a necrosurgeon, a skarlock thrall and a unit of soul trappers.
>>
>>44914726
>and not every model can be competitively viable.
not with that attitude.
And the castigator is a testament to how little PP cares about intrafaction balance.
Its like they weren't even trying to give it a niche
>>
>>44915007
I've come to the conclusion it would be probably easier and less expensive to buy an all-in-one box after all.

That said, the ones that look the most appealing to me are the Khador and Cygnar ones. Are they good in terms of playability?
>>
>>44915877
They all range from pretty good to excellent.
>>
>>44916079
Thank you, that's good to know!

Any more specific opinion on Cygnar and Khador in particular?
>>
>>44915877
All of the All-in-one boxes are a good deal.

Finding one in stock, on the other hand...
>>
File: city awesome.jpg (84 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
city awesome.jpg
84 KB, 700x525
>>44889180
Question from a beginner:

How much terrain and obstacles is appropriate for a normal game?

For example, would a very cluttered city scenery (like pic related) make for an interesting game, or would it just slow it down or excessively advantage those armies that can exploit or ignore terrain?
>>
>>44916815
That would probably be too much for regular Steamroller scenarios. It might be interesting for smaller size games with a different scenario. I'd play on it, but not regularly.
>>
>>44916815
I'd much rather play Mordheim then Warmahordes on that map
>>
>>44916815
Possible but difficult.
Warmachine tends to be precise, so on that table a model would end up in a doorway with it's movement, but the model wouldn't physically fit, so what do? Put down a proxy base in which case why use miniatures at all?
Or say that the model cannot get under the archway and put it as close as possible - a bit like for a linear obstacle, no model can "land" on top of one.
>>
>>44916986
And I'd rather play Malifaux or Frostgrave on it than Mordheim, but that is besides the point, I think.
>>
just seen this in the menoth forum:
Warders lost WM, why don't Bastions lose WM?

Warders and Bastions have pretty much same stats. SPD4, reach. 8hp each, 3 or 5 dude medium base unit. Same cost: 5/8
Warders have Tough and battle driven
Bastions have blessed and sanguin bond
Both tank, both have access to armor buffs (bastions can get no knockdown tough)

Warders made Champions worthless
Bastions make Cinerators worthless

>TL;DR:Why didn't Bastions lose WM too, and fufill the prophecy that both trolls AND menoth were going to be salty?????
>>
>>44889180
So what's the current list for released but unmodeledstuff? Like the Inflictor for Cryx.

Last I remember the list was pretty large.
>>
>>44918072
Why didn't Bane Thralls lose tough/ weapon master?

Why didn't Legion of Fetishblight and Crutch units get changed so drastically to make them less one-dimensional?
>>
>>44918122
because banes don't make other units worthless; you still see plenty of bile thrall, mcthrall, raiders, bloodwitches.

You never see cinerators because bastions.
(although i agree, there are plenty of legion/cryx and eMorv that need a good thrashing with the nerf bat)

Gotta say i love some of the answers in the menoth forum so far:
nerf bastions? NOooooooooooo!!! erm, i mean....y-yeah, wateva, w-we don't care!...Honest!
>>
>>44918146
TL:DR: Go make your own thread you filthy casual.
>>
>>44918173

I don't really care...but then, I want to see a Paladin of the Wall unit turn up (It's mentioned in Durst's tier list dammit) and it will be hard to have them function while Bastions are about like that.
>>
>>44918072
Yeah, 12/15 is sure tanking the hell out of everything. Even with Cygnar I have no problems getting rid of them. Warders were too strong. Cinerators are too weak.
>>
>>44918122
>Bane Thralls
Are a non-issue. Knights are worse, Surgeon and Helldiver are even worse than either of those.
>>
>>44918197
I would've like paladin of the wall solos to be viable first, to be honest.
I have little hope for paladin units, since we had a similar surprise with "flamebringers" who were the worst of all the light cavalry.
>>
>>44918247

There is that. Still, the Solos are not bad...just a bit of a chimera. They want to take advantage of that huge offence they can put out on the charge but they only get one hit so they can't go after infantry and it takes an action for them to go defensive.

Their special character makes them a lot better against most factions at least.
>>
>>44918228
your a faggot. Bastions are POW12, def11, arm 16, they could also get defenders ward (or another defesive spell) to go up to def13/arm18, and be tough, no knockdown.
They can also spread out wounds between them, and or be martyred by the Harbinger; things warders cannot do.

Try finding a decent Menoth player before bragging about how easy they are to remove.
>>
>>44918273
Yep, that's the sad thing. Paladins are kewl as fuck, but they are pretty pointless these days.

Just one attack doesn't cut it when the likes of nicia or acosta are on the table.
Also everyone and their dog seems to have magic weapons, so even defensively they don't cut it.
They don't even have reach, so if it comes to the worst case, enemy models will simply walk around the double stance paladin.

>Being ignored is the most painful thing :c
>>
>>44918293
That's a fuckload of support shit on a single unit.
>>
>>44918318

They really need something to make them actually able to threaten people. Like...dammit, I can't recall what it's called when you can use it on people outside your unit. 'When an ally is hurt you can advance and smack a bastard in the face'.

Give them some out of activation movement/attacks so they can still threaten in defensive mode.

Either that OR give them a 4" Engagement range when in defensive mode as they go full 4e Defender on your ass and lock down the area about them.
>>
>>44918333
Menoth always has that much support.
Trolls also have a lot of mandatory support.
>>
>>44918355
righteous vengence, i think, same rule as fire of salvation?

I think if they had reach it would be good, because they'd actually be able to deny passage a bit better.
defensive strike would be nice too.
Then they would be solid (ok, almost solid) defensive pieces.
>>
>>44918293
>your a faggot
Sorry, but I don't possess faggots. I don't smoke.

11/16 is still more trivially removed than Warders. Even 13/18 with DefWard is still doable. It's not even fair to compare it to Warders at 12/21. Bastions would need an Arcane Shield ON TOP OF DefWard to reach ARM21. But sure, a better Menoth player will make them have higher stats.

Sure, their bond is great, but it doesn't actually protect them from damage like ARM21 does. It just allows them to stay at full efficiency for longer.

>but Harby
Doesn't have DefWard. And prefers other units anyway. Which you should know.

Okay, so this is why you're wrong, now you can keep calling em a faggot, like the brainless cretin you are.
>>
>>44918363
>Menoth always has that much support.
They always have TWO CASTERS supporting a single unit. it's crazy how good some units can get when you start cheating.
>>
>>44918363

Yes but people were comparing warders without support to Bastions with support, which isn't really a fair comparison.

>>44918318

I'd like to see them get some Superheavy Cav as the unit. A trio of bigass, scary knights in shining armour with good defensive stats and lances that could scare a heavy jack. Not cheap by any stretch but there when you need a holy man to stick a lance into the neck of a dragon(spawn).

Maybe give them something like:

>Monster Slayer: This unit gains +2 Def and +2 Arm when engaged with a model with an equal or larger base size.

So they piss jacks and beasts the fuck off as Paladins have a rather respectable Def for their sheer armour.
>>
>>44918406
>A trio of bigass, scary knights
Do. Want.
>>
>>44918398
lordy, you're srs a fagget. git gut scrub.
If you can't into simple understanding then time to go back2reddit.

You're the kind of faggt that in an argument about mechas being too big and heavy to function will say that dinosaurs aren't comparable, because Brontosaurus was never a real thing.
Yes, that's how much of a dick you sound like.
>>
>>44918406
warders with support and bastions with support.
>>
>>44918406
>I'd like to see them get some Superheavy Cav as the unit. A trio of bigass, scary knights in shining armour with good defensive stats and lances that could scare a heavy jack. Not cheap by any stretch but there when you need a holy man to stick a lance into the neck of a dragon(spawn).

On a similar note, I'd like a mounted Paladin solo, much like the khador MoW mounted solo.

That'd be fucking awesome.
>>
File: 1419262755047.png (839 KB, 750x647) Image search: [Google]
1419262755047.png
839 KB, 750x647
>>44918858
>>
>>44892643
http://museonminis.com/muse-101-intro/
I'd give this a listen. It breaks things down in a pretty simple way for new players looking to put their foot in the door.
>>
Incorporeal madness continues!

Gaze of Menoth has been added to the list of things go that don't work
>>
>>44915186
>Denny one will probably be an unfun play experience for the other player

tell him to suck it up buttercup because that's how the game works.

(morghoul battlebox is also a ball buster. his battlegroup will probably get the alpha every game if he's not played by a total retard.)
>>
>>44918945
ITT: damage control
>>
File: 1450535294839.png (72 KB, 559x475) Image search: [Google]
1450535294839.png
72 KB, 559x475
>>44920037
More like true facts
>>
File: Drakhun.jpg (636 KB, 1598x1251) Image search: [Google]
Drakhun.jpg
636 KB, 1598x1251
>>44916815
It'd be alright for the most part, but you'd get lots of tears and bitching from tournament-type players. True, such a map does give advantages to Flying and Incorporeal models. The bigger issue is that a lot of players wouldn't be able to adapt to anything that isn't the 'standard' terrain set up, and throw a fit because of it. With an abundance of hard terrain and fixed lanes, there are a bunch of pieces that would otherwise be considered sub-par that suddenly have a lot more value.
>>
File: 20150607_175757.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20150607_175757.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>44916815
This table is really awesome, but kind of terrible for your standard 50 point game.

All of the impassable terrain and narrow streets will make it hard to play on and move your guy's around assuming they balance on the rubble that's everywhere.

Checkout PP's awesome Cornish Bridge table or the IG finals table from last year if you want a good idea for a city table that works
>>
File: 20150605_100806.jpg (5 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20150605_100806.jpg
5 MB, 5312x2988
>>44920636
This was the IG finals table at L&L
>>
File: FB_IMG_1433727505441.jpg (5 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1433727505441.jpg
5 MB, 5312x2988
>>44920636
>>
I like pMorghoul but the only cyclops I own are savages. They're really solid beatsticks, but is a brute just straight up better? The brute allows me to use Morghoul far more actively since I don't need to worry about him getting knocked down anymore. I lose the threat of the savage, and gain the threat of Morghoul.

Also are bloodrunners worth it? My only infantry at the moment are nihilators, incendiarii, and handlers. They seem like a nice tricky unit that minces enemy infantry through anatomical precision and high MAT.
>>
>>44920636
>>44920677
>>44920898
Those are awesome, thank you.
I'm a sucker for scenery and city settings in general, that's why I asked in the first place. And you provided me some great ideas.

>>44920478
Yeah, I figured so ... Also I play Legion, and I suspect that anyone having to face plenty of fliers and eyeless sight Ravagores wouldn't be happy with such a table.
>>
File: 1445569335616.jpg (40 KB, 500x598) Image search: [Google]
1445569335616.jpg
40 KB, 500x598
How do I get into this game? Here's my story

>always loved table top games
>2broke4moneyhammer
>see this game, instant love
>fluid mechanics competitive and reasonably priced
>buy rulebooks for both WM and hordes
>buy ~75 pts of khador, paint about 45 worth (shit tier I'd add. First time modeling.)
>too chicken shit to face you nerds in the game store
>most game stores are old friends and places I wouldn't fit being a noob and oldish (26)
>afraid of being laughed at
>afraid of people thinking I'm cheating when i make mistakes
>afraid no one will want to teach me the game and what I'm doing wrong
>afraid people will think I'm a tryhard faggot because the list I made was one I pulled from a competitive build site
>afraid afraidfraidfraid
>convince roomie to buy some
>gets the starter for menoth
>his interests wane, I end up painting his models
>they go into a box
>here we are

Funny thing is, is that I'm not normally like this. I'm not particularly hideous nor do I smell like shit, and have a Stacy gf who's knowledge is that I play vidja and no further. I don't know why I become so catatonic over it. I wish I had rl friends that were invested. Relatedly is there anyone in Northeast Ohio that wants to be friends I'd be down to clown.
>>
>>44921306
Wow this is pathetic.
>>
>>44921493
How so? I'm just looking for advice
>>
>>44921557
Go to the fucking shop and play games with people?
>>
>>44921597
I know lol. You don't know this game store though. I realize what I'm saying is ridiculous.
>>
So how's about them Destors? Has anyone tested to see if quick work helps them at all?
>>
>>44921306
Most people that play wmh tend to not be douchebags, just go play some games.

If you feel embarrassed claim that you just jumped over from moneyhammer and have no idea what you are doing and laugh it off
>>
>>44920478
this.
The terrain situation has gotten so bad that most players consider obstacles (aka non linear obstacles) to be alien and/or too difficult to comprehend.
>>
>>44921306
Ball. Grow some. Pop down to the local shop/club and get yourself introduced to the game.

No one cares if you don't know the rules, no one cares if you lose.
But soon, you will notice almost every single WMH player is a wierdo in one way or another. Some are much worse than you.

So get some courage and move yo ass.
>>
File: Typhon.png (447 KB, 849x823) Image search: [Google]
Typhon.png
447 KB, 849x823
>>44921256
As I said, flight and incorporeal do have an advantage on a city-fight style table, but they're still not OP. They're like having Pathfinder in a forested map: they improve maneuverability. What most people have an issue with is the fact that they actually have to think about their lists and how to play. 'Traditional' tables have a scattering of terrain (or the classic 'a hill and a 3in forest'. In the end, you'll be facing your opponent head on with few obstacles, and all of your forces can redeploy somewhat easily if a flank starts faltering. Most lists these days are created with this in mind as well.

In a city map, it's incredibly easy for your forces to become separated, outflanked, or cut off from support. Pathfinder is basically useless unless you either create trees, or treat rubble as rough terrain. But at the same time, pieces with means of controlling the field become all that more valuable. Mohsar dropping a Pillar of Salt in the middle of a street, blocking the enemy's advance (or cutting some off). Cygnaran chain-gun units (Gun Crew, Sentinel, Cyclone) can make charging a street with infantry an incredibly dangerous prospect. Heavier pieces, provided they fit, can dominate a lane by either killing weaker targets in it's way or forcing a retreat. Depending on the table, there may also be path ways that are large enough for small bases to pass through, but not large enough for medium or larger bases to follow. This can provide escape, or opportunities, to pieces that might otherwise be trapped between an unstoppable force and an immovable object.

Terrain dense tables are not bad, but they go against the grain of what 90% of Warmahordes players are so used to. They do not take change very well at all, so of course people get upset by the idea of having a lot of terrain.
>>
>>44921675
>>44921737
Thanks guys. I might just do it. When I get home I'll make a forum post saying Saturday is the day. I hope it goes okay.
>>
>>44921306
Just show up to a game store, or call them and ask if they have a day for Warmahordes. Then say you've never played and ask if anyone wants to run a couple battlebox games.

Most people tend to be cool and like to teach people the game.
>>
>>44921597
>>44921493
This really isn't helpful

>>44921306
See if your local shop has a community leader or a Press Ganger. Someone that's there to specifically help new guys. They're there to help people ease into the game and learn the rules. When you're new most people won't care and will make sure you to help you.

Most Warmahordes guys are pretty cool, so try and relax if you can. Don't be afraid to ask for help either.
>>
>>44921863
They have a Web forum I'm considering using. I guess it's so embarrassing for me because I feel like such a normie. They obviously will remember me because it's a small market and a small town. I've been buying dnd stuff and minis from them since 2013 but never once played there.
>>
>>44921889
It's not helpful because there's no point trying to help someone who isn't trying to help themselves first and foremost. Like, sitting there telling us about how pathetic you are isn't doing anything. What do you want me to do? Hold your hand?
>>
>>44921929
This is a good point. But I am trying to hell myself.

>>44921889
Thanks I will do that I don't think they have press gangers though. I'll ask about it or check the privateer press site.
>>
>>44921912
Yeah man unfortunately the best advice I can give you is to just not stress about it.

If the game store allows people to post bulletins you could post a bulletin saying you're looking for Warmahordes players to maybe paricipate in some small games and maybe work into a slow grow league and see if theres any local interest.
>>
File: KHADOR STRONK.jpg (29 KB, 418x233) Image search: [Google]
KHADOR STRONK.jpg
29 KB, 418x233
>>44921306
beta scrub faggot detected.

grow some balls and explain that you're new to the game. start playing and fucking learn.
>>
File: 1441064397924.gif (134 KB, 287x344) Image search: [Google]
1441064397924.gif
134 KB, 287x344
>>44921929
Well you could try not being a dick, but hey, that's just me. You do you anon
>>
>>44922363
I'm only beta when it comes to advanced sperglords. Does that mean I'm omega?
>>
What's the deal with conversions and count-as in this game?
My gaming group is encouraging me to make the switch from 40k since I'm enjoying the RPG.
I was looking at doing a Llael themed force, probably the Vive la resistance one for all the gun mages.
My plan was to convert some gunmages so they look different to the standard Cygnaran ones, as well as doing my own versions of some of the named characters like Taryn and Gorman
>>
>>44922526
as long as they have the weapons listed on their card and look similar to the base model, you're good.
>>
>>44922526
Counts-as and conversions of any kind are fine if you clear it with your opponent.

Local events you meed to clear with the organizer or judge(s) to clear up what you're going to bring stands as.

Official events have much stricter rules, but you most probably will not sperg out and go for those just yet.

Don't be a dick, don't play with other dicks, clarify your counts-as with your opponent, and you'll be fine.
>>
>>44922526
as long as they are painted the official colour scheme your fine
>>
Why are these threads never called Hormachine instead of Warmahordes? Bet everybody calls them like that inside their heads
>>
>>44922716
See, we could call it that, but then we would have to come up with a new nickname for your mother.
>>
>>44922716
Say Hormachine out loud
>>
File: 1381710195565.jpg (119 KB, 728x768) Image search: [Google]
1381710195565.jpg
119 KB, 728x768
>>44922748

Cancerrific kindergarten humor. Still, it's a better name then Warmahordes.
>>
>>44918858
>go away for a few hours
>you're still mad and have no clue about the game
Priceless.
>>
>>44920013
Could you link to the ruling?
>>
>>44922526
>My plan was to convert some gunmages so they look different to the standard Cygnaran ones, as well as doing my own versions of some of the named characters like Taryn and Gorman
Can the models be easily identified as what they are supposed to represent? Then they are legal for any event.

Can the models be easily identified as what they are after a short (!) explanation? Then they are legal for mostly any casual game and inofficial event.

Oh and no foreign IP symbols like the GW aqilla or the starbucks logo.

As a general guideline, make sure weapons are the same (guns+swords for gunmages) and that they actually look like gunmages.
>>
>>44923042
I just looked it up and they're still discussing it. That force lock thing really opened up a can of worms with incorporeal. Hopefully it'll get rewritten to not be so vague.
>>
>>44922716
>Bet everybody calls them like that inside their heads
No Johnny, that's just the voices again.
>>
File: PICT_20150228_025617.jpg (631 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
PICT_20150228_025617.jpg
631 KB, 1440x1080
>>44922526
For my marks I converted them to have dueling swords, and painted them black like in the amethyst rose fluff, they're supposed to be still in mourning for their dead king. The red is my army color. I didn't do more conversion since I like their style already.
>>
>>44923334
>marks
Damn you, autocorrect
>>
>>44915007
I would do what >>44915186 said, but sub denny for pGaspy. I feel he is a better caster for learning the game
>>
>>44922575
>>44922667
Everything will be WYSIWYG and I always explain what my stuff count-as so that should be cool.

>>44922707
Llael's stuff is hot pink right? :D

>>44923120
>Oh and no foreign IP symbols like the GW aqilla or the starbucks logo.
I was planning to keep it fluff friendly and stick to the Llael flag (crown above three stars IIRC)

>>44923334
Yeah I love the Amthyst Rose fluff, it's precisely why I want to make them stand out from the bog standard Tempest ones. I've been playing an AR resistance gunmage in the NPC hence my plan for the army
>>
>>44924051
There is no official color scheme.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.