[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where are they now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 7
File: Dervish.jpg (204 KB, 434x546) Image search: [Google]
Dervish.jpg
204 KB, 434x546
Our greatest named anons through time.

>2D, the man behind Shadowrun Storytime.

>Waffle House Millionaire, the old man Henderson who "won" Call of Cthulhu.

>Weaver, who sent chills down our spines with quests such as Ruby- and NanQuest.

Where are they now? Did they grow up and leave? Do they still stalk our dank threads? Or did I just start lurking too late to experience their glory?

On a serious note, I'm really curious. Does anybody know at all where they went? I really miss 2D, he had such a funny way of writing. I remember laughing at the stupidity of Trout and Bend being a hippie, and cheering on Dervish being mutha fukken Dervish.

>inb4 real life
I want some answers, dammit
>>
>>44882383
>tripfag circlejerk nostalgia goggles thread
No thx
>>
>>44882383
>Weaver the ponyfag
>good
Kill urself my man
>>
>>44882421
Pssh, what's wrong with a little nostalgia every now and then? It's not like we are making history these days.

>>44882449
Ponyfag? Ok, that was unexpected. I take it he became a brony then. Well, not the worst that could happen.
>>
>>44882510
>Pssh
Okay there, Coldsteel. No need to take it personnel.
>>
>not listing the anon who played Rapeguard
>>
>>44882421
>nostalgia goggles

He didn't ask you to wank, he just wanted to know what happened to them.

It's fair to be curious, since people seem to think Weaver was some sort of god and the other two are components of /tg/ culture.
>>
>>44882740
Weaver? A god? Surely you jest, anon. He was just a good storyteller, wasn't he? Fairly entertaining, if you ask me. But i agree with the second part, WHM and 2D was what drew me to /tg/.
>>
>>44882797
>weaver god

I don't agree but he is persistently lionized as the only good QM there ever was in /WQDT/. It's done wonders for his reputation.
>>
>>44882858
I'd be surprised if it had had the opposite effect. He really knew how to draw people in, especially during NanQuest. DrownQuest was fun as well. Reminds me, I should re-read that last one.

I actually heard about someone who was redrawing RubyQuest. Not redoing it, but redrawing every picture for higher quality. If you are interested, I can try do dig up the blog.
>>
>>44882858
>he is persistently lionized as the only good QM there ever was in /WQDT/
That's sarcasm/shitposting though. Nobody ACTUALLY thinks he was ever good, except maybe meme spouting newfags trying to show off their "/tg/ cred"
>>
>>44882383
WHM just posted a couple days ago, I think. Might have been Angus from the Britbong threads, I dunno. I get them confused.
>>
>>44883024
Did he know? I guess I'll have to go and take a look then. Thanks for informing me.
>>
>>44882510
Weaver went to do pony for a while, but now has long since been drawing five nights at freddies.
The guy seems to pick something, draw for it for a while till he gets bored with it and chooses something else.
>>
>>44882383
>2D
Unknown.

>Waffle House Millionaire
Probably took off the tag to walk among us anons.

>Weaver
They're active at tgchan.org I think... as far as I know, Weaver got banned by a /tg/ Nazi Mod and they never returned.
>>
>>44882383
Weaver is active, although not on this board anymore. He frequently crops up here and there mostly to start or bitch about internet artist drama. He is also kind of a dick.
>>
>>44883503
Huh. Kinda saw that one coming.

>>44883447
You know, that wouldn't surprise me. WHM did get a lot of attention, didn't he? I wonder if he's still playing rpgs.
>>
>>44882383
I'm fairly new to tg. What was SR Story time like?
>>
>>44883634
They weren't half bad. I think it's in the archives if you wanna look it up.
>>
>>44883634
Uuh, pretty much the best thing I've ever read. Here's a link to the archived threads:

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=Shadowrun+storytime

You start with one and work your way down. Enjoy the read, it's well worth it, even if you're not into SR.
>>
Salamanders Fanbro, endless entertainment in history smackdowns. I still remember crying with laughter as he ranted about different types of swords. Man, been years.
>>
File: 2D Storytime 2 Confirmed.jpg (163 KB, 1869x321) Image search: [Google]
2D Storytime 2 Confirmed.jpg
163 KB, 1869x321
2D is planning on writing up his latest campaign once he has time to sort out the story.

Until then, he has a special place in my heart for being a tripfag who actually understands how tripfagging is supposed to work; it's a convenient temporary poster identification for clarity's sake, not an eternal username (coughcoughKroft). He used it to keep Shadowrun Storytime coherent and unhijacked, then retired it afterwards. He might have been in every /srg/ since then, but there's no way to know. He went back to the anonymous soup from whence we all post.
>>
>>44884768
Gonna look him up on the archive, what do I search?

>>44884916
Oh shiiiit, my hype is kept at perfectly acceptable levels until I see him again. Hope he's doing alright.
>>
>>44885092
Honestly I don't even know if he'd show up in the archive, it was a long time ago.

Just search for Salamanders Fan I guess? He went by Fanboy/Fanboi/Fanbro as he took it from joking to full time tripfagging. He's the earliest tripfag I remember on /tg/, was around from the first days of /tg/ (literally the first days).

Also got in some epic fights over Warmahordes vs 40k, when the board was young and trolling meant something.
>>
>>44885405
From the first days of /tg/? Jeezuz, that's... When did /tg/ start? I'm not even sure if I can find it.
>>
>>44885618
Early 2007 iirc.

Salamanders Fanbro made the second or third post in /tg/, although he wasn't a tripfag at the time. Someone did some "interviews" a few years back to get some board history and I remember him talking about it, along with some other oldfags like the chinese drawfag who did lewd 40k stuff, and some others I can't remember atm.

I got 100get, in one of the first threads, in the first battle of the WarSkub Wars.
>>
>>44883447
>be a rule-breaking douchebag with a tripcode
>think that you're some pillar of the community
>finally get banned
>FUCKING NAZI MODS I'M LEAVING

Exact same thing happened with GreenMarine. Every thread became a mini /b/ combined with a circlejerk.
>>
>>44882383
2D was cool, those stories sounded like a real game.

Waffle House was a faggot. His shit was smirk worthy till he starts talking shit about 300 page character histories and the player doesn't remember writing it and he wrote the shit in german and he doesn't even speak german. Made up bullshit turns those from chuckle story time to bad fan fiction.

Don't remember weaver, he sounds like he may have choked on a cock though.
>>
>>44882383
WHM and Weaver are raging faggots of the highest caliber. We are better off without them.

Only remember the really bad Trip/Namefags seem to make my memory. Fuckheads like Jim Profit, Spanish Flea, Edward/Drawde/Lace, Flarefag (who never really put on a tag but spammed enough to almost count), and even Virt hold a stronger impression than most "good" trip/namefags.

There are a few that moved on that I miss. MR RAGE, the Golden Neckbeard, and Wasteland Warrior are the ones I miss the most.
>>
I wonder what happened to Tohoufag, I know he got banned when nazi-mod came around back in 2010. Idiot for being a ban evading sperglird, but said mod was an idiot for the ban in the first place.
>>
File: 133593555133.png (34 KB, 789x740) Image search: [Google]
133593555133.png
34 KB, 789x740
Teli's quest threads brought me to /tg/ even though she never finished Dog Quest. At least Dog made a cameo in Neckbeard Quest
>>
>>44886410
He's still around, he just doesn't post as often as the mods consider his exclusive use of Tohou images to be Avatarfagging.
>>
>>44886479
I do miss some of those 2009-10 faggots.
>>
>>44886194
>MR RAGE, the Golden Neckbeard

Shit taste senpai
>>
>>44886194
Ww is still around but anon these days
>>
What ever happened to CatAstrophy? Did it just die, or was it driven off by all the HFY and Grimderp faggots?
>>
>>44886881
It like most /tg/ projects overstayed its welcome and got trolled off the board.
>>
>>44882933
I would indeed be interested. Link it here if you have time.
>>
>>44882383
>Waffle House Millionaire, the old man Henderson who "won" Call of Cthulhu.

Nothing against Waffle, but Henderson is an awful story.
>>
>>44886942
So driven off. That sucks, it was better than the usual grimderp shit that was so fucking popular a couple years back.
>>
Honestly, it's sort of sad how few namefags have actually contributed anything of value to /tg/.

Putting quests aside, there are what? Four serial storytimers?
>>
>>44887724
I feel the opposite. I am glad most of our stories and our best content come from Anonymous users. Being Anon is part of the greatness of the 4chan experiment.
>>
>>44887761
>greatness of the 4chan experiment

Are you in there, Libertarian anon? I might recognize you.

I think namefags serve a purpose, particularly for storytelling. They don't belong in discussion threads but it you want to track a single string of posts by the poster, they're temporary fixes.

The issue is just namefags who go from thread to thread and post with a trip so their opinions can be associated with a "face" and they can gain notoriety. That's what Virt did, while strategically dropping trip to fake support and stir dissent every now and then. In fact I'm sure he still walks among us from time to time (and even if he doesn't, we should be wary of would-be virtposters).

I'd love to gain something from my time on /tg/ and providing some kind of content but I realize that's greedy. I think most QMs, writefags, and serial storytellers feel the same sometimes. We work hard for your pleasure (which we capture and bottle as our own) but sometimes there is a desire to make something of our trade that inevitably needles us.

It's greed is what I'm saying, but it's a greed I'm sympathetic to. If I could entertain /tg/ full time, I would.
>>
>>44887724
>serial storytimers?

I post all of my stuff anonymously, and I think I'm at somewhere around 30+ screencaps that people have made of my stories. Literally every single screencap thread for the past six years has contained at least one of my stories, if not four or five, and I think I can brag about that because I neither cap nor repost my own stories.

People don't know my name, but I'd definitely consider myself to be one of /tg/'s serial storytimers.
>>
>>44887929
I love how terrified people are of Virt. He was a self-important douche, not the antichrist.
>>
>>44887990

I absolutely agree. But you can't deny he was a talented douche. I believe the anon who told us of the real life Virt because he struck me as an intelligent if completely insane person. He found ways to manipulate and derail threads despite everyone being aware of his presence and intention. He subverted being ignored.

Anyway, all I was saying is sometimes fame goes to the head of a good poster and we shouldn't lump them in with the likes of Virt until they start acting in the same attention-seeking fashion. Those who do right by 4chan are done right by it has always been my impression, so I try and keep my tripcode off even when I want to attach myself to a post or opinion.
>>
>>44888072
Nah, /tg/ just loves to grapple with the troll. It never fails to rise to the bait. Back in the old days we had "Why is /tg/ so atheist?" threads go to the bump limit and instantly respawn the moment they fell past page five or six. They were almost like the modern day eternal general threads.
>>
>>44888072
Go to hell, Virt. It doesn't take much "talent" to post incendiary opinions and to reply to every single post that replies to you, including the ones that you made yourself.

Effort? Yes. Persistence? Of course. But talent? Intelligence? Please.

And the fact that /tg/ is still filled with the same kind of morons who would reply to him makes me sometimes wonder if /tg/ will ever actually be able to learn from its mistakes.
>>
>>44888190
Actually some of us agree with Virt on various topics.

I think most of his "success" stemmed from posting sensible things and then twisting them into an insane extension.
>>
>>44888190
>go to hell, virt

My sides!

People can be intelligent and also massive assholes, anon. 4chan attracts that personality type.

/tg/ sometimes rises to the bait but I've seen them throw it away infinitely more times than say, /co/. There are certain reliable ways to get around that though and Virt wasn't above using them. It took a certain ability to recognize the weak spots and exploit them.

I guess what I'm saying is, if he wasn't a talented troll, he would have faded into deserved obscurity by now. Instead his specter continues to derail threads like this one.

And on that note, back on track. I'm reading shadowrun storytime for the first time... it's good.
>>
>>44888230
This is my last time replying to you, Virt.

It takes no skill or intelligence to bait people. All it takes is a lack of scruples and a shit load of misanthropy and self-loathing, and Virt's only virtue was that he was willing to give people the same attention he craved, even if it was only to goad them into replying. Guy spent hours upon hours, days upon days, weeks upon weeks doing nothing but shitposting.

To call that a success, by any measure, makes you as sick in the head as he is, if you're not just him yourself.
>>
File: So That's Where The Line Is.png (113 KB, 1149x313) Image search: [Google]
So That's Where The Line Is.png
113 KB, 1149x313
>>44888230
And then sometimes he doesn't even bother with the sensible part.
>>
File: 1452645170053.jpg (43 KB, 372x406) Image search: [Google]
1452645170053.jpg
43 KB, 372x406
>>44888190
Any subgroup of humanity will have the same problems as the whole human race in the end. We never really learn from our mistakes - we simply realize we made them, and then attempt to change accordingly. It's rarely ever a true fix, more an act of recoiling.

Old /tg/ is not so different from the new /tg/, it's just the fears or the reasons have changed. Today we have Virt and ND, back then they had Jim Profit and Flarefag. They accepted lewdness as part of the crazy shit they enjoyed doing; we lashed out against it because we wanted to be seen as thinking with more than our dicks. They had a huge cast of characters, most of them female - /tg/ today barely remembers a character outside of the thread it's created in, and maybe brings up cultist-chan or blue or xeno on occasion. Back then, it was atheism threads - today, it's women in the military.
>>
>>44888323
I'm not virt, but keep living in your delusional little bubble where only one person disagrees with you

and he's certainly a successful troll; you're exhibit A
>>
File: mother of god.jpg (7 KB, 303x166) Image search: [Google]
mother of god.jpg
7 KB, 303x166
>>44888324
>virt legitimately thought FATAL was worth playing
>MFW
>>
On the note of shitposting, are there any namefags around that still contribute actual content as opposed to just showing up in a thread and yelling "HEY LOOK AT ME"?

Because I'm pretty sure the last time I saw a namefag actually provide some interesting OC was when Shas'o got off his opinionated ass and updated his xenos books.
>>
>>44888505
>showing up in a thread

There's your problem. If they don't gorw organically out of the thread or are responsible for starting it in the first place, they shouldn't be there.
>>
>>44885749
Holy shit, I have been on /tg/ since two years after it was founded.
>>
Is this the designated name and tripfag bitching thread? Because I just want to say that I assign 34.71% of the the blame for the massive fucking influx of redditors on them and their attention-whoring ways.

>>44887943
Good man.

That is all.
>>
>>44889618
Could you explain your logic?
>>
>>44890751
Too drunk for this shit, but basicly it works likes this:

>Hmm /tg/ isn't paying me enough attention... I know, I'll cap my own /tg/ posts, put them up on 30 different other sites, then use the influx of twelve-year-olds and content-starved retards as a sort of dick replacement.

The end result of this is a bunch of fucking tourists wandering around trying to get the "/tg/ experience", generally shitting up the board and engaging in the sort mind-numbing fanboyism that spawns the "best of /tg/" "OMG look at this filename" and "DAE ALL GUARDSMEN LOL" threads.
>>
>>44886622
>MR RAGE
>shit taste
You can fuck RIGHT off.
>>
>>44882510
>brony
Shhh anon
We don't use that word anymore

Seriously though, a setting where the goddesses of the Sun and Moon directly rule a kingdom of magical creatures that fends off kaiju and worse on a weekly basis can be pretty fun.
I'll shut up now.
>>
Where the fuck did gA go?
>>
>>44886410
He posts in /pfg/ and is pretty much the same autism elemental he always was.
>>
>>44887157
Here you go.

http://rubyrequest.tumblr.com/archive
>>
File: fags.jpg (127 KB, 956x974) Image search: [Google]
fags.jpg
127 KB, 956x974
here is a two year old screencap from a now dead archive about the name and tripfags with the most posts.
4plebs have stats like this too although it doesn't have as much archived threads so the numbers will be different obviously
>>
Apologised is still my hero, if only for Zeonquest alone
>>
>>44887439
The whole lore is still there. If you take a few liberties with a setting you can easily run it in Ryuutama.
One of the anons from those threads here. I kinda want to make a coherent rewrite/compilation of all the assorted stuff, but that's gotta be after i'm done with game i'm doing
>>
>>44894823
Well sheeit, I'm on that list.
Hope nobody uses it as some sort of kill order though. All those poor Anonymous.
>>
>>44895393
they aren't anon anymore
>>
>>44891944
Underrated Question.

Only miss a handful of trippers, gA being chief amongst them.

>>44894823
Alpharius was a joke alternate anonymous, not really the same as a trip. For a while there was a lot of people using it to post, but it seems to have died down.
>>
>>44895558
so is op and SAGE
>>
>>44895558
Same thing with that Anymouse shit for a while.

I kinda miss Red Machine D, if I'm being honest.

Moot bringing the hammer down on Jim Profit was a moment of gold.
>>
>>44882510
He got bored of the pony awhile ago. He draws a lot of monster girls now which I'm sure excites a lot of people.
>>
>>44895661
Weaver? Last I see he drew some Undertale.
>>
Where did Lewdanon go?
And Mr Culexus for that matter.
>>
Chink. Where's Chink? He used to do great art. Last I heard he was in the army and had a crazy wife.
>>
>>44883109
Pretty sure he does Undertale stuff as well. He sort of hovers from fandom to fandom.
>>
>>44895736
Lewdanon? He was still delivering in the drawthreads last november.

That man is like Doomrider, he comes and goes without warning.
>>
>>44882383
tfw you were a huge tripfag who did things good and bad, there was a time I would be recognized in any thread I posted in

And now no one remembers who I am
>>
>>44898043
maybe because you aren't tripfagging now, but that's just a guess.
>>
>>44898043
Who are you?
>>
>>44898086
Nah, I wouldn't be remembered even with the trip. It's been like, two years I think since I was that a trip fag?

>>44898141
I was one of the best known QMs and became one of the biggest proponents of GET THE FUCK OFF /tg/
>>
>>44898196
Obviously no one will know who you are if you post anonymously
>>
>>44898206
I want to be forgotten.

I like being able to go into the write threads and not have people bring up my quests
>>
>>44898219
Then why post about it?
>>
>>44898196
nah, don't worry, it's not because it was two years ago. It's because you never did anything interesting
>>
>>44898276
Because this is a thread for shitposting about tripfaggotry, isn't it?

>>44898290
not falling for the bait
>>
>>44888476

I think it was devil's advocate, anon. If you look at the original thread / were there, it sounds more like he was using that as an example to show why OP was being ridiculous.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.