[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /tg/, I got a question.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
So you guys that play as a woman ever menstruates? What would be the pros and cons? Would something change depending on the class and the race?
Like if she is a barbarian would she get a berzerker bonus or something?
>>
>>44808430
Depending on how human like their other species are, the females may or may not menstruate.

Only higher primates and certain bats menstruate.
>>
Is it conductive to the telling of the story? Does it play a vital role in what is happening in the scene? No? Then it doesn't matter.
>>
Only once in an ultra-realism game which seemed kind of against the point because it was still fantasy setting. DM just gave a small social and physical penalty if I rolled bad and there were cramps or other annoyances. Also for hygiene purposes, a need to find a way to stifle it, since my character was a sort of ranger survivalist so leaving the group to go into the wild hunting and smelling like blood wasn't a smart idea.
>>
Would elfs menstruate?
>>
>>44808430
>posts a woman with blood on her weapon, armor, and body
>post is about menstruation

That's not how menstruation works, anon. Don't be such a virgin.
>>
>>44809000
From what I understand, humans menstruate partly because of the complexity of the development of the brain and nervous system, partly because of survival strategy based on the potential deadliness of childbearing while being bipedal.

Elves have very slender frames, but it seems in most fantasy they also have long gestation times. This is a serious danger to the mother, so that's a plus for menstruation. Then again, they seem to have low fertility, so that's a minus. Then again they also have comparable intelligence to humans so that's another plus.

It seems realistically they should menstruate for biological reasons, but knowing hacks like Tolkien want to imagine them flawless, clean and perfect, they probably don't.
>>
>>44809028
I searched for art with more blood on clothes and preferably on crotch but nothing that was good enough came up so I went with this.
>>
>>44809124
do elves have belly buttons?
>>
>>44809159
Almost certainly, in pretty much every representation.
>>
>>44809159
Yes, because bellybuttons can be sexy. If it can be sexy, elves have/do it. Therefore, elves do not poop, unless they're german elves
>>
>>44809175
>>44809187
then they have umbilical cords which increases the danger to the mother during pregnancy
>>
>>44809159
As long as it can be purged. Both elf and belly button.
>>
>>44809208
I understand where you're coming from, but I've always been of the standpoint that fantasy isn't reality, and elves are pure fantasy. Doesn't mean you're wrong, just means I choose to think of them as overgrown dolls who need to be taken down a peg by orcs, the true heirs of the land
>>
File: 1419754094095.png (655 KB, 1912x2832) Image search: [Google]
1419754094095.png
655 KB, 1912x2832
>>44809000
I actually have a relevant screencap for this.

Anyway menstruation itself has no real relevance and so I'm perfectly fine imagining it doesn't even exist. Because it's stupid.
>>
>>44809124
I'd imagine they probably only go through it once a year rather than once a month since as you said, lower fertility and longer lives/gestation time.
>>
>>44809267
That's actually pretty sensible and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the real case for fantasy spergs who actually went into detail about it in books and stuff.
>>
>>44809262
That reads like an attention whore who just learned all that in a college intro class. It literally has no relevance or bearing on elven reproductive biology.
>>
>>44809262
I read the text dump, and it was wise.
>>
File: vYtvpWp.gif (423 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
vYtvpWp.gif
423 KB, 200x200
>>44809253
>>44809124
It's always funny to see the butthurt nerd projecting all of his anger and frustrations at his disappointing life on elves.
>>
>>44809386
You're a strange guy, friend
>>
>>44809404
Not as strange as the guy who takes out old high school grudges on fictional creatures
>>
>>44809413
It's got nothing to do with grudges, I just think orcs are sexier than elves, at least the orcs I like
>>
>>44809433
Pics, pretty please.
>>
>>44809433
Whatever helps you hide your salty tears, crybaby
>>
>>44809487
I don't actually have any, but just picture a very rugged, muscular man with flowing hair and a bare chest standing next to a tall, buxom woman with a well built body and braids. Both of them are green, both of them use brutal weapons, and both of them want to reclaim their land and then have amazing sex
>>
This is definitely not OP's fetish.
>>
>>44809551
>we dindu nuffin wrong
>da white (hu)man took our lands from
>we're noble savages, we wuz kings n shiet
Literally the worst flavor of orc.
>>
>>44809593
Agree to disagree
>>
>>44809581
It actually isn't.
Feet is.
>>
>>44809608
Metzen pls go.
>>
>>44809662
Ew, no not Warcraft Orcs. Those are just green space marines without their armor.
>>
>>44809670
>not Warcraft Orcs
They're literally exactly the sort of orc you described. Green noble savages out to victim complex all over the world while simultaneously committing war crimes.
>>
>>44808430

You get a small bonus to blood magic powered rituals.
>>
>>44809680
No, see, the way I picture them is just sort of fighting a war with elves because nobody can agree on who's turf ends where. They got nothing against humans, or dwarves or anything. Plus, brutal weapons doesn't mean clubs and rocks. It means kukri, and axes, and bows with arrows that saw you open from the inside. And they don't commit war crimes, they just have more a more festive perspective of death.

I can go into it all night, but I think you and I just don't see eye to eye, and I'm alright with that, because you probably have your own vision of how you think orcs should be, and it's not less valid than mine.
>>
>>44809413

I thought his grudge was on an author of a three volume large fantasy novel?
>>
>>44809593
m8, the warcraft story was written long before the SJW thing your trying to make it existed.
>>
>>44809732
Never even read Tolkien, tried when I was in school and fell asleep. Sucks, because I hear he wrote some good poetry and songs
>>
Would female orcs menstruate?
>>
>>44809776
Sure
>>
>>44808430
Have you ever played any character and insisted in rp-ing bodily functions? When was the last time you specifically mentioned taking off all your fullplate to take a leak? Did you wipe your ass after you broke camp with some leaves?

No? then don't worry about menstruation. Unless you're playing in a magical realm where it has an active contribution to the story, you need to mention it as often as you mention farts and nocturnal emissions.
>>
>>44809680
They aren't crimes if its against elves. Its also not a war, its a cleansing.
>>
>>44809865
The Stonetalon Mountains quests on the Horde side are IMO some of the best in the game currently.
>>
>>44808430
>So you guys that play as a woman ever menstruates? What would be the pros and cons? Would something change depending on the class and the race?
>Like if she is a barbarian would she get a berzerker bonus or something?
I play a GOO Pact Warlock. She doesn't menstruate and in fact is for all intents and purposes pre-pubescent with the body of a woman in her late teens. No sex drive to speak of and in fact her Id's regressing to the point she's rapidly losing the concept of sexuality beyond the purely academic.

I found that it cuts down on a lot of complications, and apparently her Patron thinks so too since SEEK MATES has been replaced by SPREAD THE WORD OF ALKARESH THE SHACKLED ONE.

I like to think that I didn't do too badly.
>>
File: Fingon-and-Gothmog.jpg (78 KB, 496x662) Image search: [Google]
Fingon-and-Gothmog.jpg
78 KB, 496x662
>>44809759
Why are you even on this board?
>>
>>44809990
Because I like tabletop games
>>
>>44808430
I never played one, but in a game I GM'ed there was a medieval vampire who used the Undead Menses merit to get vitae with a huge bonus to blood sorcery because it incorporated "moon-blood".
>>
>>44808430
I remember in the Slayers show they actually had it so that Sorceresses lost their powers during their menstruation.

That was a good show.
>>
>>44809187
Tolkien elves were Germanic elves.
>>
>>44809722
What is this!? A civil response?!

We'll have none of that in here young man!

Put sam KID. FAG CUNT DICKFART in here this instant!
>>
>>44809551
>>44809722
>Elves need to be taken down a peg
>But not my flawless green darlings who are noblest and strongest and most beautiful
You are as bad as elffags.
>>
So we only should care about it if it means something to the gameplay, the character or (godforbid) storywise? What about Rolemaster?Does it have something on it about this?
>>
>>44808430
Much like the female strength disparity, this is a biological fact or real life that a fantasy world is best off putting aside. Blame the strength on distant crossbreeding with orcs, and blame the lack of reproductive issues on breeding with elves.
>>
>>44809854
Well said, sir.

>>44809309
>He doesn't like to learn new things and include them in his settings.
Look at that guy. Look at him and laugh!
>>
>>44808430
Menstruation jokes are never funny, period.

Saying that, I onced missed a session and when the DM asked what my PC girl was doing during that time I just said 'it was her time of the month.'
Since then it's become the goto excuse for when someone has to miss a session.

Other then that I honestly don't see how or why this would come up.

Unless you were playing FATAL or something.
>>
>>44808430
Most games I play never last more than 3 weeks in game time.
>>
>>44808430
Play as female elf. Never menstruates because in our shared setting, elves etc are not related genetically to humans but a convergent evolution.
Look more like those avatar aliens, but with skin tone same as humans and are shorter and thinner.
The only human female we have in party doesn't have to deal with anything like that cos we aren't playing FATAL.
>>
>>44809309
And your comment reads like you got kicked out off of campus before you even got to your college intro class. Seriously, can you not into reading comprehension?
>>
>>44809309
Did you miss the last post where the poster addresses that? Not only addresses it, but does o in a manner that logically follows the earlier supporting information. I know fourth year Biochem students who can't do that
>>
>>44808430
>So you guys that play as a woman ever menstruates?
No, this sort of ultrarealism doesn't seem fun, at most maybe a one off joke or something

>What would be the pros and cons?
I'm not sure there really would be any, if a player really wanted to maybe a small negative from the pain and small positive for things that'd work better angry?

>Would something change depending on the class and the race?
Class no, race maybe but I'd file any details about that under fluff

>Like if she is a barbarian would she get a berzerker bonus or something?
I'd say no, if a player really wanted to maybe a small one
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.