[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/sYFe4hcd

Old Thread: >>44755888
>>
Are Investigators better than Inquisitors? What does an Investigator do in combat before level 4?
>>
>>44764956
I don't get it.
>>
>>44764956

>tfw you will never see Greta in high heels and a low-cut dress.
>>
>>44764956
Whoever makes the next thread, use this updated pastebin. We're behind on links: http://pastebin.com/53QiHfcU
>>
File: Gorum_holy_symbol.jpg (85 KB, 793x783) Image search: [Google]
Gorum_holy_symbol.jpg
85 KB, 793x783
>>44764956
>implying this isn't Gorum Edition

How do you sing your praises to Our Lord in Iron, /pfg/? Tell us of your greatest battles!
>>
First for Drow Purging
>>
So what would the leader of Asmodeus's mortal faith look like? What kind of relationship would he have with his god?

He'd likely be level 20, and on par with at the very least base pit fiends (likely stronger on the same level of Infernal Dukes).
>>
>>44764983
no, and fuck-all, respectively.
>>
>>44764956
What are these abominations. Those are not shoes, they are torture devices. Dear god, FEET ARE NOT MEANT TO BEND THAT WAY.

IF THERE IS A GOD OF FOOTWARE, S/HE/IT IS AN EVIL GOD. ZON-KUTHON COULD TAKE LESSONS. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK.
>>
>>44764990
Those are the high-heels OP's elven sorceress started wearing after she began dating the halfling investigator, so he can peek up her skirt while none of the other party members get to see the goods- at least, not without getting slapped.

Make up your own story if you think you can do better.
>>
>>44765017
Why is Gorum not chaotic evil? Battle for battle's sake, emerged out of gross amounts of carnage, dies if war ever stops. Doesn't care about any causes, just violence.

That god should be the patron fucking deity of the chaotic evil alignment, no ifs ands or buts.
>>
>>44765060
Is violence automatically evil?
>>
>>44765035
they're wizard shoes. the wizard displays his supremacy over the filthy martials by wearing shoes that are impossible to walk in, because the wizard never walks after level 9.
>>
>>44765060
Only excuse I can think of is that he likes it when they're fighting BACK, not just stabbing every person you see. But yeah, that doesn't remove the very chaotic-evil nature of a god of killing for killing's sake and no other reason.
>>
>>44765112
>killing for killing's sake
He's not the god of killing. He's the god of fighting. That is an insanely important distinction.
>>
>>44765094
That would slowly corrupt all paladins, so no. Killing isn't evil nor good either, it's a relativity thing.
>>
>>44765112
>>44765060
He's a god of battle, not death. Excellence in combat and fighting to be good at fighting isn't inherently evil.
>>
>>44765133
See
>>44765125
>>
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/slippers-feather-step

What happens if you turn these into high heels?
>>
>>44765152
No, I was agreeing with him. Battle isn't inherently evil or good. Neither is killing.
>>
>>44765176
The person you crafted them for gets angry, as clearly you want their feet to hurt.
>>
Okay, so according to spoilers, the new Fighter Archetype gets a slow, Int-based spell progression from the Bloodrager's spell list in exchange for some feats, Weapon Training, and some different Armor Training.

Not great. Not a solution that most of us are actually interested in.

But.

Is it still actually a good Fighter archetype? Maybe not Eldritch Guardian or Mutation Master, but is it at least superior to baseline Fighter? Are the Advanced Weapon Training and (soon to arrive) Advanced Armor Training options better than the casting you trade them out for?

Thoughts?
>>
>gave party a +1 flaming shocking corrosive frost great club
>supposed to be giant caged torch with different elements mixing in the cage
>they get pissed
I don't understand. If you hate it so much just sell it. I hate players.
>>
>>44765205
Oh, I also agree with you, I'm just saying the 'killing' part is just a different argument.
>>
>>44765244
Lore Warden is nice.

Also Twohanded Fighter and Two Weapon Warrior are straight better than base fighter, they just specialize which you'll be doing anyway.
>>
File: 1412498629475.jpg (469 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1412498629475.jpg
469 KB, 600x800
Let me get this straight.

If I add a class level to a CR 19 monster, it suddenly gains all of the benefits of that class level (including weapon and armor proficiencies and things like the Unchained monk's Wisdom to AC), +4, +4, +2, +2, +0, and –2 to ability scores, and 159,000 gp to spend on magic items.

All of this adds only CR +1.

Really?
>>
>>44765271
Where are you getting the ability score and cash amounts from?
>>
>>44765248
I don't understand either.
A +5 weapon is around 5k free monies per player. Are they in some place where they can't sell it or something?
>>
>>44765300
They would have had to travel to sell it because no one near them had that kind of purchasing power, but it wasn't as if it was unsellable.
>>
>>44765353
I guess, hypothetically, if that travel time was significant, and there was the possibility of danger on the road between where they are and where they'd need to go, they might consider receiving this thing as just an errand when they could've just gotten the gold instead.
But they'd probably have to travel anyway to be able to spend their money if no one where they were had enough cash to buy that.
I don't know, I don't get it.
>>
>>44765244
Why go through that shit when you could just be a bloodrager then? Unless he has some feature that lets him mix in magic (like bloodrager being able to buff himself when starting a rage) what are you exactly going to do with 1-4 casting that has basically no discount spells?
>>
>>44765244
Haven't looked much at the Bloodrager's spell list, but I hear it's shit. I assume it's mostly blasting and buffing, probably with some save or die/suck spells tossed in there. If there's no control or utility spells, it doesn't really greatly improve what the Fighter can do, does it? I mean, he can buff himself now, instead of needing the Wizard or Cleric to. He can throw a Fireball around a few times a day. That will make him better at combat to some degree I think, but it doesn't make him better in a huge way, or in a lot of small ways, and doesn't really give him toys to play with for situations other than combat.
>>
>>44765298
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/monster-advancement
>>
>>44765423
BR spell list has fly, that's something.
>>
>>44765404
They're in the middle of no where fighting a cult, the closest town has like 2000 people in it. No one there can afford a weapon like that.
>>
>>44764983
Investigator is King Skillmonkey. Take Empiricist and the Student of Philosophy trait (throw in Bruising Intellect if you actually have skill points to spare) and you're nearly SAD on skills. You're not much use in combat at low level, sadly. Your first-level extracts are full of dungeon-exploration utility but little for fights. You can heal, enlarge people, etc.

Later on, with half-elf favored class, an Inspired Weapon and the various features that improve inspiration dice and rolls, they can *possibly* reach higher melee damage potential than Inquisitor (especially with a Bane baldric freeriding on a good amount of Inquisitor's power) but it's very close and melee sucks later in general. The alchemist spell list gives you a lot of the best Transmutation spells as well.
>>
>>44765469
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/monster-advancement
Huh. I suppose by RAW it's true then. I think a high CR monster with few class levels is an outlier and would receive more of a bump than a mid or low level monster with 5-6 levels.
>>
>>44765060
>>44765094
>>44765112
>>44765125
I think Gorum would be very pleased if everyone fought wars with padded clubs with a series of agreed upon rules of conflict so that no one died just so they can fight a couple weeks later and do it all over again.
>>
>>44765409
Totally fair point. I'm definitely not asking if this new thing makes Fighter a 'good class' suddenly and it's enough that you'd choose to take it instead of Bloodrager. Definitely not.
I'm just asking if you think it's better than base Fighter.
>>44765423
>doesn't really give him toys to play with for situations other than combat
I think you're right about that. I don't know the entire Bloodrager list, but I know enough to agree with you there.
Buuuuut is it better than the base Fighter?
>>
>>44765244
So.. lemme get the straight.

This is a Fighter that gains access to a shitty spell list in exchange for Weapon Training and Armor Training, thus negating access to most other archetypes to blend with but also cuts off access to the Advanced Weapon Training in Weapon Master's Handbook? Holy shit. Paizo gave Fighter MAGIC and still fucked it over.
>>
>>44765470
The Fighter gets the Fly spell but has to wait until level 11 for it, he might want to just go ahead and buy a magic item for flight instead.
>>
>>44765529
Given he covers Glory, Blood and Destruction no. I assume he isn't evil since he wants people to fight and die(inevitability) but doesn't care about senseless/excessive suffering.

Kinda like Khorne. He doesn't care if you kill babies and women, just don't fucking call it a decent fight worthy of his attention.
>>
>>44765470

At this point it seems like you're better off taking the magic item mastery feat that lets you cast fly out of your +X belt. The fighter can access that earlier than the bloodrager gets third level spells, iirc.
>>
>>44765581
There are Item usage feats in Weapon Master's Handbook that lets a character use magical effects (like Fly) for free so long as their Fort is high enough. With it, a Fighter can fly a bit earlier than Lv.11 (I think 8.)
>>
Gareth, Forrest, Elric, what is the precise intent behind the "memorize" function of Autohypnosis?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/skills/autohypnosis-wis-trained-only

>Memorize (DC 15)
>You can attempt to memorize a long string of numbers, a long passage of verse, or some other particularly difficult piece of information (but you can’t memorize magical writing or similarly exotic scripts). Each successful check allows you to memorize a single page of text (up to 800 words), numbers, diagrams, or sigils (even if you don’t recognize their meaning). If a document is longer than one page, you can make additional checks for each additional page. You always retain this information; however, you can recall it only with another successful Autohypnosis check.

>Action: Typically none. Making an Autohypnosis check usually doesn’t require an action; it is either a free action (when attempted reactively) or part of another action (when attempted actively).

>Try Again: Yes, for memorize and willpower uses, though a success doesn’t cancel the effects of a previous failure. No for the other uses.

Is there a limit for your "storage capacity" for the "memorize" function? Can you declare using Autohypnosis on virtually every piece of information you come across? Can you take 10 on Autohypnosis to memorize a whole book?
>>
>>44765594
>he wants people to fight and die
Nope.
>he wants people to fight
Yes.

The point of >>44765529's statement is to say that he wants combat to continue, not that he wants to cause further or excessive suffering.

Combatants dying is a part of War in the traditional sense, and some of his domains are accepting of that, but Gorum is perfectly content with wrestling matches that end with both parties living through it.
>>
>>44765647
Ask WotC.
>>
>Bard (Arrowsong Ministrel)
Loses a number of performances
Gains precise shot
Gains some Sorc/Wiz spells
Gains Spellstrike

Magus (Puppetmaster) is focused on charm/illusion and gets Bard Spells and 4+ Int mod skills as well as using pool to boost illusion/char DCs

Enlightened Bloodrager - They get some expanded casting and the ability to suppress some of the penalties associated with raging, but sacrifice some bloodline powers.

Stone Warder - They are limited to earth/rock-type bloodlines, but gain additional power from the earth and can cast their spells into runes that other creatures can trigger to gain effect.

>Wizard (Swordbinder)
- Arcane Bond: has to be sword.
- Sword of the Mage: use sword with hand of the apprentice. Later he can use the sword to deliver touch spells.
- Telekinetic Sword: as telekinesis sustained force on his bound sword.

augur skald
- Monster Insight: gain CHA to knowledge Checks. Replaces well-versed.
- Signs and Portents: augury (later on higher level spells instead) as spell-like. Replaces versatile performance.
- Predictive Strike: Can attack a target as if it were flat-footed. Replaces spell kenning.

Deep Marshal:
Medium armor from the get-go, heavy at 9th.
- Deep Spellcasting: a list of sorcerer/wizard spells (focused on repairing and shaping) is added to the Magus list, as well as all abjuration school spells up to 6th. Can't cast enchantment, illusion, and necromancy spells.
- Bound by Tradition: fewer arcane pool points, only enhance and spell combat / spellstrike certain weapons.
- Miner's Focus: gain bonus to caster level (and checks) while wielding certain magic weapons. Profession (miner) uses INT instead of WIS, free ranks for this and Knowledge (dungeoneering).
>>
>>44765660
Yeah, but I doubt he would fucking like people abandoning war for rough play tickle time.
>>
>>44765676
Rogue (Eldritch Scoundrel)
>half sneak attack
>half talents
>loses armor proficiency
>gains 6th level casting of magus progression
>uses Sorc/Wiz spell list
>gains a pool mechanic
>dangersense/trapsense gets modified
>iirc uncanny dodge gets modified

>Fighter (Child of Acavna and Amaznen)
Modifies armor training
Loses weapon training
Loses some bonus feats
Loses some proficiencies
Gains 4th level Int based casting (1 level slower Bloodrager progression)
Uses Bloodrager spell list
Gains cantrips but based on Wiz/Sorc spell list
>>
>>44765687
Oh, sure, sure. They definitely make some comments about how only when the TRUE threat of death or dismemberment is present that the BEST fights come out, and that's absolutely true.
He'd probably get bored if the entire world abandoned real war for tickle time, just because if you're not fighting for your life, you're not fighting hard enough. Agreed on that count.

I think anon just meant to say that if that situation did exist, and rough play tickle time was occurring somewhere, Gorum probably wouldn't say, "Fuck this, I hate this." He'd probably be cool with it.

Which is just intended to lend validity to the statement that Gorum doesn't require death and suffering as a result of the violence. It just happens to be a great motivator.
>>
>>44765676
The bloodrager sounds good, do they get a real progression or just add +1s to the buttfucked-retarded paladin one that starts at level 4?
>>
>>44765676
>>Wizard (Swordbinder)
>- Arcane Bond: has to be sword.
>- Sword of the Mage: use sword with hand of the apprentice. Later he can use the sword to deliver touch spells.
>- Telekinetic Sword: as telekinesis sustained force on his bound sword.
Fine, I accept this offering.
>>
>>44765720
Does the Eldritch Scoundrel lose talents at levels 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20?

I need to know if it's compatible with DSP's Hidden Blade.
>>
>>44765647
Autohypnosis is weird because that's arguably a bit too good, but at the same time it's one of the only good things you can do with it.

Willpower is good of course, but as a Sleeping Goddess/Riven Hourglass initiator it bugs me that once I can reliably make DC15/20, there is no longer any benefit to having a higher autohypnosis apart from boosting maneuvers.
>>
>>44765807
Eh, it seems more like "this could be a skill unlock/skill trick, but it's not breaking anything so..."

I've never had it cause issues in my games, myself. PCs have good memory anyway when players take notes or keep logs.
>>
>>44765676
>Swordbinder
What am I intended to do with this? Just attack with my sword as a no Strength 1/2 BAB old man?
>>
>>44765844
You get telekinesis effect which means you are now attacking with your INT.

There's a new spell that gives the caster full BAB and turns your sword into a glaive.
>>
>>44765740
Something I think you all have missed (linking just this post for simplicity's sake) is that Gorum doesn't make people fight. He only exists because war exists as a concept. Should war stop existing, so would he...and he's OK with that, because he knows he would be an old relic in this new world where he's no longer needed to spur people to fight their best.
>>
File: 1448064470194.png (902 KB, 1074x1000) Image search: [Google]
1448064470194.png
902 KB, 1074x1000
>>44764956
I actually thought that it was a thumbnail of a woman with no shirt but sleeves on her knees with her arms and head bent backwards.

On the other hand, I'm late as hell, are we still doing lolbuilds or should I let that drop off.
>>
>>44765856
Can you reproduce the text of that spell?
>>
>>44765844
>tfw never strong to begin with
>tfw chosen last at wizard school for apprenticeships because of a speech impediment
>tfw chosen by BigMeats McSwordWizard the laughing stock of the school
>tfw didn't have talent for it
>tfw 80 now
>tfw 2 strength, 5 dex, 6 con

Life is suffering
>>
>>44765863
That's true too, yeah. He's less like an evangelist telling people to fight so that he can live on, and more like a direct result of their innate interest in fighting.
That's an interesting sort of dichotomy though, because he still does bestow divine powers on Clerics who devote themselves to him, and he still provided the world with the Gorumskagat to explain how/why to fight. Is his motivation for doing those things completely altruistic? Just saying, "Oh people will fight, I may as well help them understand it." Or is it completely self-serving? Saying, "I should make fighting easier so that more people do it so I can sustain my existence."
Maybe a combination of both?

Gorum's faith is full of slight contradictions and questions though. It's not explicitly stated anywhere, but I think they're intentional, so that even among his faithful, he can cause arguments and fights. Is he an Orc, a Human, or a Half-Orc? Do we refuse to execute prisoners but automatically execute deserters for turning their back on their brothers? Do we wear the heaviest armor possible to show how strong we are and then use a Gorum-specific spell called Lighten Object which makes it easier to wear?

I think a lot of it exists just to cause Gorumites to fight among themselves.
Which is perfect and beautiful, really. Praise our Lord in Iron.
>>
File: Average Shaman.jpg (235 KB, 620x877) Image search: [Google]
Average Shaman.jpg
235 KB, 620x877
Revised Runescars, if anyone cares to check them:

RUNESCAR
Aura Strong (Varies) Caster Level (Varies)

Runescars are a ritualized form of self mutilation used by the mystics of the frozen north to imbue themselves with a measure of arcane might. While each runescar involves the same process of carving intricate runes into the skin of the ritual’s primary performer with a silver knife costing at least 100gp, the scar left behind can vary greatly in appearance based upon the performer's personality. Some might leave behind angry red lines upon their skin, pulsing with magical energy. Others might leave behind a coloration to the skin that can be likened to warpaint, and in many a magic glow seems to race beneath their skin like little lightning bolts. Regardless, once a runescar has been carved, it is near impossible to hide its presence unless it is fully covered.

A runescar contains the potent energies and formulae for any arcane or divine spell on the Cleric, Wizard, and Druid lists. The ritual for the spell requires rare incense, herbs, and other material components whose cost increases based upon the spell, as well as a 100gp silver dagger to carve the runes, an act that deals 5 points of damage per spell level to the person receiving the Runescar. Spells cast from a runescar cannot be used unless your character level equals the minimum caster level required to cast the spell.
>>
>>44765969

To use a runescar, you must present it and speak the verbal components for the spell if their are any, as well as provide for any material components the spell requires. Using a runescar causes it to glow with light like a torch for 1 round, in a color that clearly identifies the school of the spell to anyone who passes a DC 15 Spellcraft check. If the scar is covered, this glow appears on the surface of the object covering it, unless that object is lead-lined.

A runescar can be used twice a day, after which the magic of the ritual needs time to recharge from your life force. The DC for the spells cast through a runescar is equal to 10 + the Spell Level + your Constitution Modifier, and your Constitution score must equal or exceed the minimum intelligence, wisdom, or charisma score necessary to cast the spell. Your caster level for any spell cast through a runescar is equal to your hit dice.

Creatures without flesh cannot receive runescars. The amount of runescars a creature can have is dependent on their size: Medium creatures can have 100 spell levels worth of runescars. This number is halved for each size category lower than Medium, and doubled for each size category greater than Medium. Having a runescar carved into your skin deals 1d6 damage per spell level, a Fortitude Save equal to the minimum DC of the spell halves this damage.

Price: 1000 gp (1st level), 4000 gp (2nd level), 9000 gp (3rd level), 16000 gp (4th level), 25000 gp (5th level), 36000 gp (6th level), 49000 gp (7th level), 64000 gp (8th level), 81000 gp (9th level)
>>
>>44765856
>gives the caster full BAB
Okay, I can sort of understand that.
Can you explain how I'm using my INT though? That seems like something the class ability would have to add explicitly, because that's not the way the normal Sustained Force of Telekinesis works. (for some stupid reason)
>>
>>44765844
It uses INT to hit with your sword.

Its the perfect dip for a magus. You now use INT to hit and damage with a sword.
>>
So, I need opinions on this item:

>Reem Ice Chunk (Multiply base price of magic weapon by .2 to determine price)
Appears to be a large chunk of opaque ice, roughly the size of a melon. It's surface is covered in peaks and crags and numerous edges. With an icepick one can break off pieces of this ice. These pieces function as a magic weapon. What magic weapon it is must be decided upon purchase of the item. The ice chunk is large enough for 50 arrows, 10 light weapons, 5 one handed or 2 two handed weapons.

Once broken off the weapon lasts for one hour before melting away, leaving no trace.

At the core of the chunk is a single pure ice crystal which functions as the same weapon type as the ice chunk, but , lasts for 24 hours.
>>
>>44765986
>>44765969
At least let people choose between Con/Dex/Str so that it isn't ONLY barbarians.
>>
>>44765877
Dunno, was spoiled two threads ago, symbol of greed or something like that.
>>
What is the best pair of shoes I can get for my wizard?
>>
>>44765995
Hand of the Apprentice uses Int for the attack, but damage is still Strength based.
Sustained Force Telekinesis doesn't say anything about using Int for attack.

I'm not sure where people are getting this.
>>
>>44766012
Depends, what's your budget?
>>
>>44765958
In the end, I think it just makes his faith ome of the most interesting ones in the setting.

Now, let's stop talking about it so the devs don't get any ideas to change it.
>>
>>44766021
Less than 100k gold.
>>
>>44766019
>Hand of the Apprentice uses Int for the attack, but damage is still Strength based.

Well, its still not a bad dip if you're a magus. I mean - you do more damage thanks to spell strike after all and not because you're a martial.
>>
http://paizo.com/products/btpy9chl/reviews?Monster-Menagerie-Construct-Companion

Anyone got this book? Or a pdf I can download?

I'm a player who is focused on crafting and I'd love more constructs and homunculi to make
>>
>>44766004
Nah, no one *neglects* constitution, and while Barbarians might pump it higher than most, it's still not as high as they pump their Strength. As said last thread, it's really meant for an all/mostly initiator party, for things that can't be accomplished by normal means.
>>
>>44766029
Boots of the Cat + Featherstep Boots + Slippers of Cloud Walking + Jaunt Boots + Slippers of Spider Climbing
>>
>>44766064
Thanks man!
Mind answering another related question? If I had an near infinite amount of gold or resources what's the best pair of shoes you can get? My wizard is a bit of a runner.
>>
>>44766084
>If I had an near infinite amount of gold or resources what's the best pair of shoes you can get?
Literally all the wondrous feet slot items added together.
>>
>>44766064
Quick note that Jaunt Boots are actually an unbelievably bad item that you shouldn't waste your money on.

CAVEAT: This is a ruling by SKR, so many groups will choose to ignore it.
>>
>>44766108
Oh shit, I forgot to actually link the evidence because I'm an idiot. Here you go:

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2pb85?How-are-Jaunt-Boots-supposed-to-work
>>
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/background-skills

Do bonuses to Craft checks apply to Artistry checks?
>>
>>44766063
Nobody neglects it, but not everyone has the 18+ that's actually required for your DCs to ever be worth a shit at all.
>>
>>44765872
I mean whatever man. Sejuani founds a rival kingdom in the LotLK AP when
>>
>>44765040
Oh shit, it was a picture of high heels.o thought it was a woman, but I couldn't find the face
>>
File: Top10-Late-Night-Anime-2015-4.jpg (143 KB, 680x1000) Image search: [Google]
Top10-Late-Night-Anime-2015-4.jpg
143 KB, 680x1000
Random Blurb:

My player just gave me his character sheet.
Profession: Monstergirl Husbandry

what should I do about this?
>>
>>44766165
Touch fluffy tail.
>>
>>44766165
Disallow it. That's what I would do. Tell him to take Heal + Profession Midwife + Profession Slaver.
>>
File: 1394298207167.jpg (63 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1394298207167.jpg
63 KB, 400x300
>>44766165
>that artstyle
Xebec can eat shit and die now that there's never going to be more Nyaruko
>>
>>44766123
These people ACTUALLY think 7k gold for 3/day 15ft step would be way overpowered. What the fuck is wrong with these people that getting to use a full attack ever is too fucking good for this game of goddamn wizard chess?
>>
File: 1hdg.jpg (42 KB, 400x593) Image search: [Google]
1hdg.jpg
42 KB, 400x593
>>44766183
>Profession: Slaver

U wot?
>>
>>44765022
I picture their relationship being like the good ol' boys at the top of a business. Probably go golfing in hell.
>>
Has Lovecraft the author seriously got out as NPC in some AP like Rasputin? Which one?
>>
>>44766202
>hating Kanokon
How did you become such a faggot, anon?
>>
>Collected references for a commission
>They're all wildy different from one another but have a similar theme
>Delete them all and just make annotated images

I've commissioned twice before and never had this much trouble putting my thoughts in to words, fuck. Are there any drawfriends here? Do you dislike it when people who commission you give you freedom to do stuff?

I am sorry in advance, Dorian McThick
>>
>>44765969
Where did this come from?
>>
>>44766227
I thought he was keeping and breeding monstergirls. If he is doing so without their consent then he is a slaver.

Honestly I'd be more happy to allow a slaver than someone who had monster girls willing come to him for breeding.

Of course in my game I wouldn't actually allow it at all. Just be a normal slaver, don't be a "specialized monster girl breeding" slaver.
>>
>>44766264
I don't hate Kanokon well I do but that's besides the point, what I hate is Xebec's artstyle. I mean just look at that shit, it looks fucking terrible.
>>
File: Red_Mage.jpg (50 KB, 300x314) Image search: [Google]
Red_Mage.jpg
50 KB, 300x314
>>44766165
>Profession: Monstergirl Husbandry

Red Mage?
>>
>>44766277
Working on a thing for an AP.

>>44766137
You probably have a point. I'll sleep on it, think on it.
>>
>>44766275
>McThick
HA

I've gotten used to a little restraint on what a client commissions, but that's largely because I'm grown accustomed to working with what my clients want in a piece, ready to edit and fix details step-by-step. Not that I dislike some creative freedom, but it's been something I've grown used to if anything else. I'll have a sketch your way here soon to see if I've got a base idea of what you're looking for and we can work from there. Hence why I haven't replied to the email just yet; messing around with some concept work before sending it out.
>>
File: powergaming in an ERPG.png (11 KB, 223x227) Image search: [Google]
powergaming in an ERPG.png
11 KB, 223x227
>>44766296
a more relevant image I got from a filename thread.
>>
Would an Incubus with 4 inquisitor levels be a good opponent for a level 7 party? Also I oracle seems to be the best bet for a melee fighter that relies on charisma, but that really doesn't fit him. Should I just pump his int with the gaining class levels adjustment and go magus? (He's supposed to be a researcher)

He's been experimenting on mortals to create psuedo demons. Does anyone have an idea for monsters that fit this?

Perhaps the Incubus himself and 2 CR 4 experiments?
>>
>>44766295
we got it the first time. you're gay. it's okay, anon.
>>
>>44766354

What timezone are you in, BC? It's like 8AM over here in Britland.

If you're in Australia, what's the weather going to be like today? Should I wear a heavy coat? Or are shorts more appropriate?
>>
File: Ravana-ffxiv-sculpture.jpg (245 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ravana-ffxiv-sculpture.jpg
245 KB, 1280x720
To the anon that wanted to play as Ravana, I'd recommend the Abberant Aegis and go for increased size and extra arms. Wield 4 long swords and occasionally trade them for two greatswords. Get the protective shell for warlord shell, maybe take student of the astral suit and dip a few levels of warder for more maneuvers for the binding blade/tapasya parts
>>
>>44766248
Strange Eons AP, coming out after Hell's Vengeance.
>>
Хyли вы тyт пиздитe ypoды блять?
>>
>>44766408
I'm on the other end of the pond in AZ, US, to it's about 1AM for me presently. I wouldn't know a thing about whether since it can vary wildly between city to city, much less the rest of the country.
>>
>>44766433

He cтpeляйтe в мeня, я pyccкий
>>
>>44764983
No. spam Color Spray with Psychic Investigator then retrain your archetype once you reach level 4.
>>
>>44765017
Just last session, my CavaChevalier was the only one able to do damage to a mad king hopped up on both an evil spirit AND a fuckton of drugs.

It was a combination of his Smite cutting through his DR (And piling on the damage) and his rifle not giving a shit about his 36 AC. He'd have been using his greatsword if not for that AC, since then Challenge woulda kicked it up a notch.

The bastard ended up taking like, 500-600 damage before he went down. Then got reanimated by the spirit as an undead for another 100. Although that made the Supersmite kick in for one shot.
>>
>>44766045
Spell strike only work when you are wielding the weapon right? And it's only work with melee attack too.
>>
>>44766815
On the other news. Dune Drifter Cavalier's Challege now work with gun.
>>
>>44766861
No shit?
Source that for me.
>>
>>44766876
http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lid4?Lets-Be-Clear
>>
>>44766861
Swankafuckinglicious.

It always bugged the fuck outta me how even the ranged Cav archetypes can't Challenge with ranged attacks. Got a source?

Also, did they have the sense to apply it to Musketeer too?
>>
What's the best psyonic class for pure damage?
>>
>>44764983
Not better no, but Investigators have their niche and do it well. You're among the best of the skill monkeys. Combat wise you're limited til 4, but after that you can reall do some damage.
>>
>>44766888
>Only for Drifters, Musketeers can go fuck themselves
>PFS only stuff

A+
Four stars.
Best in the city.
>>
>>44766934
You knew it's as official as you get because they can't do errata on softcover book right?

PFS only doesn't really matter because if you play a home game, you should be able to houserule anyway.
>>
>>44766888
In other news, Paizo apparently still can't remember if the magic Hellknights are Signifers or Signifiers.
>>
>>44766934
Eh Musketeer stacks with Luring Cavaleir. So they can gain ranged challenge.
>>
>>44766959
It's still stupid as fuck and you know it.

>>44766956
How the hell can they not errata a softcover book? I'm pretty sure they have in the past.
>>
>>44766973
Errata = things they will change on the next reprint. They don't reprint softcover book.
>>
>>44765720
Is this possible..? A tier 3 Rogue..?
>>
>>44766984
As opposed to 'shit we need to fix' in general.

Ooh fun.

Gawd this method of bugfixing is fucking atrocious.
>>
What do you guys use to make your party's enemies?
I've DMed only for 4e and starting up a PF game soon, monster/NPCs are giving me a hard time.
I've looked at some of the CR<1 prebuilt NPCs on pfsrd, since I'm in need of some bandits/thugs/mercenaries, level1 human warriors (foot soldier, 135XP) seem to have better stats than my party's fighter in terms of AC and HP. I know I could go for APL-1 and have the 4 of them gang up on 2 thugs but I'd rather find a way to make them fight a bigger weaker group. I should probably just take the goblin stat block and reskin them as bandits or something.

Probably best to build some thugs from scratch and give them shitty stats so I can have a decent fight for them to learn the combat, does anyone have a good monster/npc builder?
>>
>>44766994
Even better. Much like the Eldritch Archer leaving the Arcane Archer PrC obsolete, the Eldritch Scoundrel just rendered the Arcane Trickster PrC obsolete.
>>
>>44767062
Arcane Trickster still have 9th-level casting
>>
>>44767062
Why is the Arcane Anthology introducing Eldritch things which obviate Arcane things?
>>
>>44767163
Oh. Well, its not like most campaigns reach 20th level anyways.
>>
Started Hells Rebels today as GM.
Party makeup:
Vishkanya Ninja (took sleep venom feat for a poison version of slumber 3/day, pretty interesting for a lvl 1 ability)
Samsaran Shaman of the slums (this player hasnt really determined their play style yet, but they'll have access to some interesting shit as they get more powerful.)
Half Orc Hunter (beef and potatoes of the group, most of the tankiness in the group lies within the hunter and her pet cat)
Skinwalker Lotus Geisha DMNNPC (Support character, there for bardic support via knowledge checks and performance, with a few support spells, also coin shot, holy fuck is coin shot awesome at low level)

Should be interesting, I know hell's rebels is cringeworthy, but I have made plans to make it less so.
>>
>>44767213
You can get into AT with a single rogue (or, more likely, Snakebite Striker) level. Even without a campaign going to 20, you'll be ahead in spells.
>>
>>44767501
How?
>>
>>44767524
There's a +1SA feat. So you only need 1 SA from class, then take the feat when it becomes available, then you can take AT.
>>
>>44767604
Makes sense, especially if you're only doing rogue for the pre-req.
>>
>>44767468
You'd better all be CN Milani cult leaders from Galt. Show them how a real fucking revolution is run. Les Miserables, not the saturday morning cartoon shit they foist on you.
>>
>>44767655
I wanted this,minus the Milani faggotry(No offense, but I'm not making a vehicle for JJ's waifu-of-the-month), and it's what I'll be pushing with the DMNPC, but two fights in, they refused to fight guards, even though guards were murdering protesters in the street, and even the loyalist gang fight afterward ended without any kills.
>>
>>44767655
>>44767693
Reminds me of the "My players are making a Milani cult based off ISIS" post on paizoforums from a while back.

It got declared badwrongfun.

Because mocking and trivializing terrorists, thus denying them their goal is a bad thing.
>>
>>44767882
I'm guessing the problem was more connecting JJ's waifu with icky terrorists.

Kinda like what happened with the paladins of Asmodeus.
>>
So how do fighters work? My friend says he can stack overhand and cleave- and he's get plus 9 damage a turn at level 3, is he having me on?
>>
>>44767900
'Overhand' is making me think Two-Handed Fighter archetype, that right?

If he has a +4 strength modifier, doubled from Overhand, and let's say a +1 weapon... then yeah. +9 damage.

What he CANNOT do, though, is use Cleave at the same time.

Cleave is a Standard Action, not a modification of the normal Attack Action. And Overhand Chop specifies attack action or charge.
>>
>>44767921
Do note that it does stack with Vital strike... not that that's much of a concern, since VS kinda sucks.
>>
Can overhand be used over and over? Does power attack also still work? Because he obviously he taking out humans with human ACs as he goes.

Thanks for answer so far dude
>>
>>44767948
Ahh no worries.

He can use it over and over, yes. But because he can only use it on an attack action or a charge, only once a turn.

Power Attack does still work, yes.

It's worth noting, early game is when fighters shine the absolute most. It'll become less of an issue as the game goes on, so don't worry too hard about it.

>>44767942
I so wish VS didn't suck.
>>
>>44767963
Right ok, I really do need to get this down haha but he is the only guy in my group who cares about my rules- I normally rule of cool the group and the better they roleplay, the better the rewards.

Does anyone know how to run cities? Like run shops- I struggle to find different voices, as I've got about 7 or 8 but keep repeating them now. The biggest problem however is shop prices, because the pathfinder economy is so strange (or nonsensical).
>>
>>44767990
Don't think too hard about the economy. IIRC, the DMG part of the rulebook suggests that to make the prices a bit more realistic, put an extra 5-10% on them that can then be lowered by haggling.
>>
>>44767882
That was me, actually, lol.

The ISIS group was my secondary gaming group.

This is my primary.
>>
>>44768000
But like- a potion of light cure wounds- that cures D8+1 (so 2 if you roll shit) costs like 50G, but that's 1000 arrows and it doesn't sit well when that dynamic enters a city. Like, i'm struggling with stuff so I'm just making it up, like a haircut was 1G each- but what if the party wanted a house?
>>
>>44768024
Does anyone have the file that someone copied the thread onto, before it was censored?
>>
>>44768042
I didn't bother, after reading the posts from that one guy in the thread who wouldn't stop bitching and moaning even when he was told to just put it on ignore. God, he sounded like an absolute asshole.
>>
>>44768035
depends on the house.

A nice house is probably gonna run a mortgage of 50g a month.

keep gold income low, and it becomes something to worry about.
>>
>>44768051
The butthurt could be felt in the air, that day.
>>
>>44768051
>>44768057

I never knew our communities were so similar.
>>
So with regards to Bloodrager, Ranger and Paladin casting, how does /pfg/ potentially feel about allowing them access to spells from level 1 and having them finish on a base spell slot limit of 5/5/4/4 (slightly less for the Bloodrager) at level 20? I'm about to run a game mainly composed of Tier 3's but a couple of my players have expressed interest in playing the above classes and I'd like to give them a little boost as the people playing the Tier 3 classes (Magus, Warlord and Skald) know what they're doing and I'd like to give the other classes a little boost.

I'm also contemplating in dropping a couple of bonus feats on people who want to play Tier 4 classes and potentially even giving them a 'free' archetype if possible.
>>
>>44768165
I brought the thread to /pfg/'s attention, seeing as it was humorous enough a trainwreck to amuse them.
>>
>>44768168
I think all of those classes are easily T3 with some tweaking. You could give them cantrips at 1 so they have something magical/cool going on until they get actual spells at 4.
>>
>>44768224
>I think all of those classes are easily T3 with some tweaking.

I'm inclined to agree usually (probably easiest to push the Paladin to Tier 3 I guess) but I'm not convinced the players who currently have their eye on them can. They're not bad but they usually need a bit of a hand in optimisation and such. Cantrips isn't a bad idea though. I might throw that in there for a bit of something extra until spellcasting kicks off.
>>
So.. Eldritch Scoundrel with Improved Unarmed Strike? TWF with chill touch/frostbite?
>>
>>44765720
> How to fix pathfinder martial
> Make them into casters
We 4e now?
>>
>>44768431
POW.
>>
>>44768428
You could already do that with the Rogue talent that give you 1st level spells. In fact, it was better (for that purpose) since you can cast spells level/day, and you keep your full SA.
>>
>>44768467
BTW, use this instead of IUS
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/e-g/gloves-deliquescent
>>
>>44768483
No reason why you can't have both. It gives IUS corrosive property.

>>44768467
Major Magic let you cast the spell once per day per 2 rogue level not level/day.

Being a half caster is way better than having full SA (especially since there is a spell that gives you +1d6 sneak attack every 3 caster level).
>>
>>44768543
>Being a half caster is way better than having full SA (especially since there is a spell that gives you +1d6 sneak attack every 3 caster level).

What's even better is being a full caster with full SA tho.
>>
>>44768594
>full SA

Actually not, forgot that the wizard levels don't give any SA... I wounder if the Swordbinder wizard combines well with this. I mean, you get to deliver your touch spells with the weapon, that should be good.
>>
There is any way (Paizo or 3pp) to make guns good with a Slayer, without Dip into Gunslinger/Trench Fighter?
>>
>>44768702
It requires some... creative interpretation of the rules, but bounty hunter could use them for dirty tricks. Of course, still kinda worse than bows, tho you can do the whole TWF/Gun twirling shebang with your bonus feats.
>>
>>44768645
well Rogue has better BAB than Arcane Trickster but that's pretty much the only advantage they get.
>>
>>44765720

The Rogue looks like it has promise but the Fighter looks like shit. You could literally bungle on Paladin/Ranger spell progression but with a Wiz/Sorc spell list, give it Sorc/Wiz Cantrips, drop heavy armor prof (give it back at higher levels maybe), modify armor training to negate ASF and still give some of the AT benefits (reduced ACP and movement penalties), modify (not fucking drop ffs) weapon training, give it a couple (maybe just 1 but I don't object to 4+ Int) more SP per level (add a couple more class skills too) and maybe have it drop 1 or 2 bonus feats (2 tops). There you now have a more fight orientated gish that has feat flexibility.
>>
>>44769055
A weapon training with "spells" as weapon group could have worked. Would be the only 4 level caster that can actually use spells with DCs offensively without falling on his fucking face.
>>
>>44769140

That would actually be fine. In fact I'd really like it if that was the case. Like you could focus on what the spell did rather than the school and that was your 'weapon' training. You could specialise in upping buff spells for example (increase effect on you) or, like you said, specialise in save or suck spells without sucking.
>>
Author of the spheres of power destruction handbook here. I've been told there are concerns about a lack of direct damage options.

Relevant to these concerns are the doomblade mageknight and the blaster Armorist, both of which can deal significant damage while still having a degree a versatility from their class features and casting.

Is the opinion that these are insufficient? Any ither feedback on the book? Thanks for your time.
>>
File: 46188024_p0_master1200.jpg (365 KB, 849x596) Image search: [Google]
46188024_p0_master1200.jpg
365 KB, 849x596
>>44769226
Hate to tell you this, but Spheres of Power fell out of favor here... I think last late November or early December. 2huguy hasn't been shilling it.

It's nice to see you here anyway. What do you have for us? A touch attack armorist and a touch attack mageknight? What are the damage numbers for these guys?

How do they stack up against PoWers as mystical martials?
>>
>>44769226
You'll probably have to wait for Touhofag to appear, he's the one who had most of the criticism with destruction. He sounded pretty convincing, but I'm no SoP expert so eh.
>>
>>44769265
Touhoufag's probably the one who kept spamming him until he showed up.

Broke my heart to see the little asshole showing up in these threads again, it did.
>>
>>44769214
The infuriating thing is that Myrmidarch is so much better. It gets both weapon and armor training, and heavy armor casting and is actually a 6th level caster, not 4th. I'll have to see the final release but it really doesn't bode well for that archetype.

Which I guess is just the problem with featureless fighters in general.
>>
>>44769226
Proof?
>>
>>44769276
What's wrong with 2huguy again?
>>
>>44769257
>Hate to tell you this, but Spheres of Power fell out of favor here... I think last late November or early December.

To be fair "ban everything, use PoW+Psionics and/or SoP" is still the generic "how do I run balanced PF?".

>>44769305
Aside from avatarfagging and being a bit single-minded/autistic, nothing imo.
>>
>>44769305
Nothing much, he's just very autistic.
>>
I'll try to clean up my damage numbers and post them later. Short answer is that at 20, the doomblade with haste is dealing 50d6 (or d8) damage on a full attack, only missing on a 1, and with a 17-20x2 crit if built right.

Blaster can dual wield + rapid shot two +10 equivalent weapons, obviously trading bonus for damage enchants, with each attack having 5 dice base damage.
>>
>>44769332
>>44769336
Why does /pfg/ hate autism despite being the most autistic thread on /tg/?

>>44769358
The blaster's looking like... basically a better gunslinger to me. Especially the touch attack thing.

Like how you can custom-build a blast talent to deal force damage and blow past antimagic. Would be great for a blaster.

Not sure about the Doomblade though. How does this work with Power Attack?
>>
Power attack doesn't work on touch attacks. Doomblade just gets the plain damage dice. Very feat lite.
>>
File: 1452110909191.jpg (65 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1452110909191.jpg
65 KB, 500x750
Are there any thrown weapons with a x4 critical multiplier?

Or any good items to give the 'throwing' special ability to them?

I just have a friend doing a thrown weapon Stalker build in PoW, and he's looking for weaponry types.
>>
>>44766378
Aren't incubi like 7 CR to begin with?
>>
>>44769382
This isn't 'ha ha your autistic' banter. This is probably some serious medical autism. Combine that with a unhealthy dose of stubbormism and you got 2huguy
>>
>>44769703
You could probably get a 1d8 throwing x4 with the weapon masters handbook.
>>
>>44769703
That picture looks like a psychic-powered assassin's creed character.
>>
File: 8986_monster_hunter-1.jpg (335 KB, 1031x907) Image search: [Google]
8986_monster_hunter-1.jpg
335 KB, 1031x907
Idea i have about an upcoming game I'm running.

How about instead of cleave being a feat, about its a strength check of DC10+hardness of opposing armor?

A success allows a second attack to the adjacent enemies (= str mod). A kill on the first enemy guarantees a hit on the adjacent enemy, but still rolls for str check against 10+armor hardness. This continues until Str-mod limit is met.

Does not have to be a full round attack option, each successful attack/ kill reduces AC equal to each successful cleave hit (minimum of 1).

Maybe it's too much math but cleave as a feat sucks and I felt this would encourage Str builds to a certain degree in a more dex friendly game environment.
>>
>>44769703
One level dip in soul knife with fighters blade feat could nail you a +1 returning weapon.
>>
I can't decide stat array for my Cleric. I have 3 points remaining. Which one is better between...

11 STR 12 INT 10 CHA
and
10 STR 14 INT 8 CHA

Is losing 1 skill points per level worth trading for 5lb of carry capacity and 1 more channel per day?
>>
>>44770067
Charisma makes bitches drop on the floor for you so i think the answer is obvious.
>>
>>44769954

It's too many rolls. I like the idea, but it needs to function without adding extra rolls.

If I wanted to improve cleave in the simplest way possible, i'd probably leave it as a feat but roll it into the attack action so that you can cleave as part of a full attack and part of a charge.
>>
>>44770067
Why Clerics need INT higher then 10?
>>
>>44770067
Either way you aren't likely playing the face or channeling offensively, so may as well have to skill point.
>>
>>44769954

Interacts weirdly with monsters. You'd need another calculation to figure out the DC of the check for enemies with natural armour, or have a situation where a dragon is easier to cleave than a man in leather armour.

Which makes even MORE math.
>>
File: 1428765511506.jpg (248 KB, 407x860) Image search: [Google]
1428765511506.jpg
248 KB, 407x860
Alright lads, it's come that time when I have the opportunity to create an "ultimate DILF" character for a Kingmaker campaign that starts at level 3, with 25 PB.

How can I best tweak these stats and focuses to become the best DILF I can be?

>Middle-Aged Human Life Oracle (Lame Curse)
>Pre-age/racial stats
11 12 14 13 15 15
>Post-age/racial stats
10 11 13 14 16 18

He'll be an ardent pacifist and former surgeon for a major city in the region, who has devoted his life to providing medical care for the poor and needy after a plague cost him his leg but provided him with a magical aptitude for healing. My goals for the character are to pen the Hippocratic Oath and found the continent's first true secular center of healing.

If all this sounds solid, all I need is a proper name, ethnicity and country of origin for dat accent.
>>
>>44770088
It's Diplomacy that do that not Charisma. There are several way to get Diplomacy to key off INT or I could just go with Glory domain and laugh at the ridiculous bonus.

>>44770121
what >>44770127 said.
>>
>>44770145
>That
>Dilf
That's no silver fox, mate.
Accent should be something germanic
>>
>>44765807
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/skills.htm#autohypnosis
>>
>>44770185
No charisma makes you look like a bitch though.
>>
>>44770212

I don't have a lot in the way of art for older-looking fellows, or mature guys that look like dedicated healers for that matter.

>Something Germanic

Sounds like either Ustalav or Molthune, and both of those countries would make a whole lot of sense for having a healer (might settle on Molthune, actually, it's growing on me.)
>>
>>44770145
Can I marry him?
>>
>>44770292

He's for a Kingmaker campaign, of course you can marry him.

The current party is nothing but martials, so keeping my mentals high will give him a lot of ability as an administrator, ruler, or ruler's consort.
>>
File: 17opb245rqnkxjpg.jpg (83 KB, 800x619) Image search: [Google]
17opb245rqnkxjpg.jpg
83 KB, 800x619
>>44770276
>>
>>44770145
Frederick Haus.
>>
>>44770246
What? Character appearance doesn't has anything to do with charisma. You can be handsome and spilling spaghetti all over the place.
>>
>>44770373
Charisma does influence how you carry yourself, though, speaking as not-that-anon.
>>
>>44770373
It makes you a bitch because you spill your spaghetti. If you have no charisma how you gonna get the bitches?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nh7f3wA85Z1smqpt2.jpg (138 KB, 400x681) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nh7f3wA85Z1smqpt2.jpg
138 KB, 400x681
>>44770332>>44770332
Don't have many on my phone, sorry.
>>
>>44769955
Gotta have three to take Fighter's Blade.
>>
File: 1441000406198.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1441000406198.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>44769291
You know the guy who keeps complaining about how Weather's a fucking frustrating Sphere to work with and wishes that Nature and Destruction included the Weather sphere in their options instead of being this weird mix of the two? As that guy, who's writing the Weather Sphere, I can confirm that Stack is the Destruction Sphere writer.
>>
>>44770557
Also, playtest threads on GitP use same name. Not that big of a leap.
>>
>>44770131
Well cleaving itself doesn't impact most monsters as far as damage goes, it sets up the next attacks you're in range of.

For a dragon you maybe out of reach because of how large the dragon is, and even if you hit, and are in range of the next enemey, write it off as a hit and you're following through with another attack.

I'll take natural armor into consideration.

But really with cleave as it is now, it's attack, and then attack.

My method was attack, if success or kill, attack, repeat until =Str mod.

It's not different than making a traditional saving throw and makes Str cleaves useful.
>>
>>44770685
Just let it go man. It's a shit idea.
>>
>>44770828
Whelp that's the extent of pfg advice I suppose.
>>
File: 4899536-0309113980-41417.jpg (572 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
4899536-0309113980-41417.jpg
572 KB, 1920x1080
Stat him /pfg/
>>
>>44770886
Just let it go man. It's a shit idea.
>>
>>44770886
Polymath Alchemist
>>
>>44770884
Pfg is one guy.

Make cleave Rapid shot, except the second attack has to hit an adjacent target.
>>
File: 1442033948344.jpg (12 KB, 251x206) Image search: [Google]
1442033948344.jpg
12 KB, 251x206
>>44770915
Well except for Devs pfg could be one guy.

Even the devs could be one guy.

What if we're all the same person?
>>
>>44770685
Keep it simpler.
Make a strength check v DC10 as a swift action.
For every 5 points over 10, you get free attack versus a target other than your initial target.
Cleans it up, makes it a single roll, needs some fine tuning to prevent abuse.
>>
>>44770886
Myrmidon/lorewarden/mutation master.
>>
>>44770939
When you get hired on to DSP, they add you to the collective. And you can never leave...

please send help...
>>
>>44770949
>needs fine tuning to prevent abuse.

You mean like the DM scattering the enemies in the encounter?

It would decimate close formations but hell I'd love to see a zwei hander bulldoze through a bunch of mobs in a tight spot.

Otherwise I enjoy a featless cleave system.
>>
>>44770886

He's a Human with the (Witcher) template.

He's a gestalt of Slayer/Investigator, and is at least level 11.
>>
>>44769257
So a quick baseline, I'm seeing between 150-200 damage in a round for a warlord using ruby lords battle strike and heavenly blade of the scarlet throne. That's a swift and a standard, each have saves verses nasty conditions which will be commonly blocked by resistance at that level.
Doomblade is looking at 160 on a full attack, 200 with haste, assuming crit range is boosted with items/feats.
Obviously full attacks and standard attacks aren't the same thing. I didn't have time to work out the damage on a primal fury pouncer, but I expect it is noticeably higher.
>>
File: Trapcardtrapcard.png (316 KB, 718x617) Image search: [Google]
Trapcardtrapcard.png
316 KB, 718x617
>>44770976
I'll help you.

for Gareth's soul
>>
>>44771006
>You mean like the DM scattering the enemies in the encounter?
As is, there is no text that says "Only one (1) extra hit can be allocated to a single enemy" or "Does not function with the full attack action", allowing for a lot of hits, especially at high level where a +8 str mod is likely. A decent roll gives 3+ hits on a full attack, and a further 3+ hits from this idea.
That's what I meant by fine tune, because a single feat should not be auto-include like this could potentially be.
>>
Are there any cleric archetypes or feats that let a cleric gain a domain their god doesn't usually offer, even in some reduced form?
>>
>>44770400
Charm Person
>>
>>44771028
C'mon you know he doesn't have a soul.
>>
File: 1431586789319.jpg (140 KB, 900x1469) Image search: [Google]
1431586789319.jpg
140 KB, 900x1469
>>44771165
Does he not have one or has it already been claimed by Aisling?
>>
>>44771165
Screen capping this to harass gareth with
>>
>>44771064
Because it only targets adjacent enemies if you make the skill pass on the first target I don't see a problem with this.

Maybe it can only be made once and not per BAB iterative attack.

So first attack, you hit, make str check and hit the fuckers to the left or right of him for free. Then proceed to hit as usual.

Would be a nifty mop up technique.

However making it a feat is probably necessary instead of being featless as was previously suggested >>44769954

But I'm also in favor of giving martials nice things so...
>>
>>44771190
Add that to the compiled list of Screencaps of Elric posts for harassing him later.
>>
>>44771190
>>44771218
highimpactsexualmocking.jpg

And don't forget the one time he asked how to... post images? Use a trip?
>>
>>44771282
And the one where he needed to learn spoilers.
>>
>>44771311
That was that I was thinking of. The SoP guy was the one who needed the other instructions. ...I'm still amazed how confused he was by 4chan even with one of his freelancers coaching him.
>>
>>44771180
She doesn't have the charisma to pull it off.
>>
>>44771282
>>44771311

Anons pls
Remember that at least he managed it in the end, unlike the Spheres of Power author who reportedly tried, got too confused trying to do it, and quit
>>
>>44771346
Hi Gareth
>>
>>44771311
Don't forget when Gareth had the identity crisis and switched trips for an evening
>>
>>44771180
I'm waiting on Gareth to get back to me with the RAI on that for you anon.
>>
Hecatoncheries Hulking Hurler when?
>>
>>44771467
>waaa when will my objectively shitty plebbish tastes be a thing?
The answer is always never.
>>
>>44771467
Either when 3.5's ELH came out or whenever whatever book Hulking Hurler came out in was, whichever was later.

Tl;Dr: it already exists, go make one.
>>
>>44771512
I guess 'when' was the wrong word to end that on. What I should have said is this:

>Could you use a Hecatoncheries as a starting block for a Hulking Hurler/Cancer Mage build?
>>
>>44771594
Those are two completely different questions. How can you possibly expect anyone to know how to help you when you aren't telling them what you need help with?
>>
>>44771594
Sure.
>>
>>44771626
We should put this in the OP.

>If you have a question, ask the actual question and not an autistic version of it, e.g. "X when" instead of "how do I build X".
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.