[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
D&D 4e
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
I'm trying to redownload the 4e CBloader program, after my hard drive crashed, and I can't seem to get it to work right. I followed the directions in the readme, but I'm missing a ton of options, like Healer/Battle Cleric's Lore(instead of having that option, it just goes straight from "Build" to "Deity")

Also, general 4e thread
>>
Anyone got any good ways to make Paragon Multiclassing worth the effort?
>>
>>44754017
Not sure what you mean by "Paragon multiclassing". Do you mean a multiclass feat, taken while in paragon, or a mutliclass based paragon path?
>>
https://rogue-elements.obsidianportal.com/wikis/offline-character-builder

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~macmog/DnD4E/

Try one of these character builders, they seemed to work for me.
>>
>>44754298
The top one was the one I was using originally. What's different about the second one?
>>
The character builder can be a bit finnicky, I've had a few friends struggle to get it to work right, but they eventually got it to cooperate. Make sure you're using the right .exe, try reinstalling it and see if any of the different download options work better. It's weird, but if it works, it works.
>>
>>44753980
Keep in mind you have to restart a few times for the changes to take effect. Well, once, but I remember the updates downloading in I think 2 goes, so you'd have to restart it a total of 3 times before you got everything, IIRC.

>>44754017
You get hybrid talent and action surge as bonus feats.

>>44754276
Paragon multiclassing is when you have multiclassing feats and instead of picking a PP, you give that up to take more powers from your multiclass.
>>
>>44753980
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-JeQd4atb7vWElWcnJTYnljbE0/view?usp=sharing

I can't remember which this is, but here
>>
File: 1426077250986.jpg (326 KB, 850x1021) Image search: [Google]
1426077250986.jpg
326 KB, 850x1021
Hey /tg/, I'm making a Maid theme for D&D 4e because I'm a terrible person.

More seriously, a better name for the Theme would be Exemplary Servant, suggested by a kind anon yesterday, and it's built around the idea of someone with a history of skilled and refined service to a noble lord or master. It can apply to those following a Noble master on a quest, those finding their own way after the loss of their position, or those taking up arms to seek out and save the Master they serve.

For Features, I'm building them around Aid Another. At Level 1, a successful Aid Another action gives an additional +1 to the allies roll. At Level 5, they get a bonus to all Aid another actions, although we've not yet settled on a value. +5 was considered, since it seems about equivalent to the +2 to two skills that some Themes get, but given how low the Aid Another DC generally is it might be overkill. The Level 10 feature adds another +1 to the Aid Another result, as well as eliminating the penalty for failure.

The powers, however, are where I'm really struggling. The Level 10 is pretty solid, a Daily that can be used during a Short Rest, letting you spend a Healing Surge and give every ally their Surge value in Temporary HP for the next battle.

The level 6 is a little trickier, but the idea is to theme it around cleaning, letting the servant 'clean up' zones or difficult terrain that's proving a nuisance. Exactly how to implement this is uncertain, but a friend had these suggestions-

'I can think of two things that the level 6 can do
and because that's a utility power level, it can be a "choose one"

This Just Won't Do - Daily - Minor Action - Requirement: You must be inside the area of effect of a zone. Effect: You end the zone, regardless of whether or not it has a sustain option.

Tidying Up for the Master - Daily - Minor Action - Requirement: You must be in difficult terrain. - Effect: Your square and all squares adjacent to you are no longer considered difficult terrain.
>>
>>44754651
This should be the updated one, it has instructions to replace the files if the servers are offline
>>
File: 1431368173072.jpg (120 KB, 555x921) Image search: [Google]
1431368173072.jpg
120 KB, 555x921
>>44754683

Prior pick one example, a Vampire Maid. Current pick an alternate interpretation, as you could also use the Theme to represent a skilled barmaid or tavern wench.

Anyway, the real thing I'm pondering at the moment is the Level 2 Utility. At first I was thinking a skill replacement power, the ability of a servant to fade into the background through body language and decorum, probably letting you swap out Stealth for Diplomacy or something about that. However, it doesn't really fit with the party support/leaderish feel of the rest of the Theme, so I'm trying to think of an alternate option that would be both thematic and useful within the power of a level 2 utility. I'm open to any suggestions, mechanics or concepts that could work, or advice on the elements I've laid out above.
>>
>>44754872
There's such a thing as a head maid. Maybe you could do something like..

Everyone in their proper place - Daily - minor action - close burst 5 - target: you and X allies in burst. - effect: all targets shift 1 square.
>>
If a group only has 3 PCs, how much do I need to mangle the exp budget for encounters? Would it be easier to give them a hireling to keep the math?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.