[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ambassador, I am afraid Humanity's request singular claim
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 30
File: Alienz!!!!.jpg (35 KB, 481x554) Image search: [Google]
Alienz!!!!.jpg
35 KB, 481x554
Ambassador, I am afraid Humanity's request singular claim of the Far Arm (or the Orion Arm as your people call it) is once again denied. The Council can not allow Humanity to just exile 148 species from their homeworlds and hundreds of colonies in the area.
>>
blah blah might makes right etc, blah blah as if any filthy xenos can stop us
>>
>>44753421
Who the fuck put this guy in charge? I sure as fuck done didnt vote for no alium
>>
>>44753421
Can we claim everything else besides the systems that are currently in use?
What about the closest 100 systems to Sol that are not in use?
>>
Ambassador Ayy, by giving us uplifting technology, you are directly responsible for helping us relocate our catgirls, and all 148 of those species have allergies of fluffy tail and kawaii ear on file.

You could have at least warned us they would still give birth in litters.
>>
>>44753483
>blah blah might makes right etc
It does though.

>blah blah as if any filthy xenos can stop us
>fighting nearly 150 species
Waste of resources; believe me fellow Human, I deify our species as much as the next guy, but picking fights with every slimy space slug this side of the core is not the way to go.
>>
Sheyeet, you don't wan' us to demand reparations for all dem anal probings, do ya, whiteboi?
>>
>>44753421
Why is a picture of Thor, supreme commander of the asgard used to ask these retarded style questions that fit better in for Councilors from mass effect?
>>
>>44753599
Because he looks high as fuck, and thus retarded.
>>
>>44753599
Because stargate turned pretty meh pretty fast
>>
File: 1436830978560.gif (568 KB, 240x291) Image search: [Google]
1436830978560.gif
568 KB, 240x291
>>44753599
See >>44753513
>Ambassador Ayy
>>
I swear to god, you smelly ayy lmao, I will gut you and every one of you in my way to those planets
>>
File: Will Save.png (129 KB, 1051x759) Image search: [Google]
Will Save.png
129 KB, 1051x759
Don't worry Ambassador! Humanity will get it's rightful territory! You just need to inter species marriage! Then The Space Elves will give you their Council vote!
>>
>>44753421
I vote we exterminate all filthy aliens who would deny us our rightful living space.
>>
>>44753722
We bred catgirls so we wouldn't need space elves! Albino space elves still allowed.
>>
File: elf gal.png (243 KB, 580x800) Image search: [Google]
elf gal.png
243 KB, 580x800
>>44753784
The Far Arm is massive! Surely we can co-exist! R-right?
>>
File: The galaxy.jpg (139 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
The galaxy.jpg
139 KB, 1280x720
Humanity will never be allowed to claim the Far Arm. Once they have it they will only ask for more.
>>
It's simple. We just enter into the planet as an "intelligent pet" race, and then outbreed every race there. With luck we can end with a mixed race of horned girls when we came to uplift our childrem.

We done it to the space elfs AND the catgirls. We can do it again.
>>
>>44753848
No. Every alien left alive is an alien who could potentially strike against humanity one day. Total extermination of all non-humans is the only way to complete ensure the continued existence of our species.
>>
File: 1439781993174.jpg (391 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1439781993174.jpg
391 KB, 800x1000
>>44753977
What about half-breeds?
>>
File: 1433259601871.png (671 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1433259601871.png
671 KB, 900x900
>>44754002
>half-breeds
Kill them as well as both their parents.
>>
File: 1450907702427.gif (212 KB, 525x525) Image search: [Google]
1450907702427.gif
212 KB, 525x525
Don't make us use these things. Just give us the Orion Arm, and nobody gets hurt.
>>
>>44753977

Do people actually think like this outside of shitty fiction like 40k? Just wondering.
>>
>>44754002
It depends: Are the human genes dominant and will they be passed on instead of the Filthy Xeno genes?

If yes, then it is our sworn duty to create such half breeds and thus, commit Xenocide via breeding.
>>
File: 1381423284432.jpg (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1381423284432.jpg
6 KB, 250x250
>>44753977
And after we've exterminated every other sentient life form, we can go back to fucking each other up, right?
>>
>>44754055
It's been one of the primary motivating factors for countless governments and civilisations throughout history. Displayed prominently and recently, for instance, by the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. throughout most of the Cold War.
>>
>>44753599
Because the Asari councilor knows all she has to do is call me "naughty boy" to have me bend over backwards to please her.
>>
>>44754055
There are multiple theories regarding first contact protocol. One is killing on sight. I've heard some analogy about central park at midnight or something, I forget the details.

Anyway it's not something we're likely to do because we've got that whole humanism bullshit going, but it's quite possible that our first encounter with alien life will just be a kill-mail sent to blow up anything acting intelligent.
>>
>>44754083
>sentient
SAPIENT
Just
GHAAAAARGHHH
>>
>>44754055
Why wouldn't you? Aliens are incredibly unlikely to even share a basic system of morality with us, or a common conception of what makes places inhabitable or pleasant, or anything really. It would be absurdly hard to judge their intentions and interests. We can't even live alongside other humans who are basically just like us without conflict erupting every few years, so why would we get along better with a race we share far less with than any human culture? War is inevitable, and seeing how there are no advantages to allowing a potentially hostile species to control large regions of space and threaten the security of our species, I see no reason why they shouldn't all die.

Of course, we'll probably just end up getting exterminated by picking a fight with someone far more powerful than us.

>>44754083
Yes. At least the winning side will always be human and with our species spread throughout the galaxy our continued existence is basically guaranteed.
>>
File: lain wavin'.jpg (237 KB, 775x845) Image search: [Google]
lain wavin'.jpg
237 KB, 775x845
This annoys me so much, the galactic arms aren't proper landmarks for solar systems. The arms spin faster than the stars inside, they're more of a density wave than a matter wave.
Sure, our planet won't slide out of that arm before sol goes giant red. But are you neurosuggesting our glorious civilization would end at a given point?
Our lebensraum includes not only star systems but also nebulas, so that our descendants can have their own stars and planets.
>>
>>44754138
Am I the only one who thinks the Asari are a massive threat to all other races in the ME universe?
>>
>>44754482
unintentionally and indirectly but yes they are
>>
>>44754456
One step at a time.
>>
>>44753421
you don't understand. At least 34 of those are various kinds of gypsies.
And we don't want no stinkin gypsies in our planets. Do you want to gas them? Their death will be on you
>>
>>44754519
The Matriarchs know what they are doing. Unintentional my ass.
>>
>>44754482
>Literally "Better than you" space elves and "Hot slut" space elves at the same time.
>Have ancient database warning of demon space cuttlefish for the entire history of their race and government, but don't warn anyone

They're not good for the galaxy.

Exterminate or Mind Break the Asari, for the good of all humans!
>>
WE WUZ ALIENZ N SHIEET!

dam cracka aliens alwayz tryna alienwash histury.

ALL ALIENZ WERE HUMANZ B4 RACUSS ASS ALIENZ WROTE DEY BOOKZ
>>
>>44753421
That's a good point but why you look like a crack baby though?
>>
>>44753421
Peace was never an option ambassador
>>44754535
"Relocate" is just a nicer term
>>
File: Fukken Xenos....jpg (163 KB, 891x896) Image search: [Google]
Fukken Xenos....jpg
163 KB, 891x896
We will Conquer ALL!
>>
>>44754385
>Implying there will be a winning side
>Implying humanity won't just wipe itself out
>Implying we wouldn't just blow each other to holy hell after or even before going to war with the xenos
>>
>>44754556
its asari culture without the other successor to the protheons the asari would have fucked things up
>>
>>44754456
>>44754523
Wait, that's a pitch I haven't read in any HFY.
Humans do not care that much for planets but securize all big nebulas, fast forward a lot of time the universe is inhabited by new species but humans are still present, having most of the planets securized. Xeno species evolving to space age are welcome to commerce and visit the XBOXHUEG human empire but they can colonize their own system at best, all the good shit's taken by humans. And humans continue to secure nebulas.
>>
>>44754203
>I've heard some analogy about central park at midnight or something, I forget the details.
But if you're going to be paranoid, you have to assume that the people you can see are only a small subset of the people who can see you. Pulling the trigger lights up your position to everyone on the map and immediately marks you as someone who will cause problems later on, which makes first strikes a losing proposition from any perspective.
>>
>>44754678
Without the Humans the Council was Fucked. If they continued to expand after the Rachni Wars they would have been unstoppable.
>>
>>44754693
Nebulas however are rather radioactive. And with extremely young systems there will be no habitable planets. Self sustained colonies would be limited in growth and break down after a couple of generation of economical stand still.
>>
>>44754693
The reason for that is the massive timeframes involved. There's also the fact that planets are shitty places to live and any sufficiently advanced species will permanently live in designed habitats outside of planetary gravity wells.
>>
>>44754776
we're talking about planning star lifetimes ahead. we can wait for the planets to be habitable
>>
>>44754482
They can't even breed without another race.
They don't have the numbers or the technology
>>
>>44754883
>hey can't even breed without another race.
the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>44754898
Wait, can they breed with themselves?
Isn't that a thing Harbinger says to insult the Asari?
>>
>>44754946
>>44754898
When they breed with other asari they make vampires. That hunt via Aneurysm sex.
>>
>>44754959
not true, that only happens sometimes.
Liara is a pureblood too (which is an insult to an asari)
>>
>>44753421
What? Alright lads, which one of you hijacked the governmental datastream this time? This ain't funny.
>>
>>44753421
Who said anything about exile? We will grant them protectorate and, eventually, assimilate them. As for the colonies - we both know that 80% of their economy relies on trade with Humanity anyway. And that's us who guard main trade routes from pirates. If Council does not grant us the extensive rights to Orion Arm, we just make our dealings directly with those colonies. Who do you think they are going listen to?
>>
Is this a Terran council meeting?
>>
>>44755100
It was Bob, Bob always comes after Jeff. And last week Jeff sent the "you are all niggers!" message, remember?
>>
>>44753421
Wow, why the fuck would we even ask for the entire outer arm? 148 species is nothing to joke about, and that's kind of a ludicrous request for us to make unless we're so powerful we're mostly asking the council as a joke.

The best plan is to make trade agreements with everybody in the area, and specialize into the things we have a comparative advantage in. Don't specialize too much, of course, but do it enough that you achieve something outside of your production possibility frontier. Keep tariff rates as low as possible to encourage productivity, since that winds up helping everybody in the long run.

Making strong military alliances with those species that are close to use in morality and philosophy is probably a good idea as well.

Really, for me to properly think up a plan, I'd need to know quite a bit more about the scenario. Is there some outside threat that may try to seize our existing territory? If that's the case, and we're already in a position to ask that question to the council, we can probably just go to all the planets and say "Yo, we'll offer you protection if we can station troops" or something. Then you just slowly expand your influence outwards, while trying to assimilate the cultures of the races that join your sphere of influence, for better unity.

Note that I don't mean "force everybody to wear blue jeans and listen to rock music" when I say "assimilate." I mean that you throw a bunch of culture in a blender and see what sticks, just like the good ol' USA.
>>
>>44753535
Of course it is. It keeps our military scientists sharp.
>>
>>44753421
Screw the Orion Arm. Please tell us we've still got a deal for the lego block robots, right?
>>
>>44753421
148 species? Fuck, I thought it was just one.
>>
>>44755771
It's just different races of the same species.

They count us humans as like, a dozen different species based on our skin color.
>>
>>44753421
What of our request, for you to put a shirt on?
>>
>>44753421
Are we talking sentient species or species that still roll around in their won dung as a mating ritual.
>>
>>44755814
so what is it like a 12 or more sentient species
>>
>>44755814
Must've been off this site for longer than I thought to not straight away realise this was shitposting.
>>
>>44753421
Mr. Mime!
Wow that's an obscure Pokemon joke.
Original pokemon had 149 different pokemon so the requester must be one of the pokemon
>>
>>44755840
What I do in my spare time is none of your business.
>>
>>44754732

This.

The moment you tip your hand as the guy who is willing to genocide other species, you immediately make yourself the biggest target in the galaxy.

Now every other spacefaring race, who if they are spacefaring at the time we meet them almost certainly means they have been doing it longer than we have and thus have better tech since we are just starting out, has it in their best interests to gang up and kill us regardless of their own shit they have going on, because we just showed that we are willing to drop the nuclear option without a prompt.

And god help us if we do something fucking retarded like think that the colony we found was actually their home world, biting the hand of a much larger civilization.

The ONLY time that 'kill all teh xenos' is in any way a winning strategy is when we already have all of the information to be sure that we are the stronger power and know all of their stronghold locations, because missing even one planet creates an enemy that is going to revenge our asses if they ever get the chance.
Information that it is highly unlikely we could ever gain without some kind of coexisting with them for years and years and some kind of extensive trading of information. Which sort of means that by the time that we are sure we could win the war, the war probably doesn't even need to happen or it would have already begun.
>>
>>44755886
It is my business when you start doing it during a diplomatic meeting on the table we had gathered and not even having the common courtesy of using pre-produced dung, but instead using your own fresh dung.
>>
File: 300px-Apophis.jpg (17 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
300px-Apophis.jpg
17 KB, 300x169
>>44753421
Ambassador Ayy, no one would be displaced. in fact, they can all keep their planets and relevant territories with a generous 300 lightyear beyond their current borders for expansion.

think of us like intergalactic Landlords. we buy everything that is unclaimed, which is mostly empty space, and in return you get access to the Syracuse Archivess
>>
>>44753421
No fuss about catgirls this time?
>>
>>44756168
This guy seems legit.
>>
>>44756200
See >>44753513

We've been hoist by our own purring pertard.
>>
>>44755272
Militiary advancement is best, because it advances civilian tech
>>
>>44753977
Please keep 40K in 40K threads.
>>
>>44754334
it doesn't matter you autismus
>>
File: 1393375653346.jpg (102 KB, 300x269) Image search: [Google]
1393375653346.jpg
102 KB, 300x269
>>44753513
>Ambassador Ayy
>>
>>44754883
>>44754946
Nigga how do you think they reproduced before first contact? Liara even specifically mentions this in me1
>>
>>44755271

Where did you learn all that, Anon?
>>
>>44757581
Various places?

The economics stuff is Econ 101 tier shit. Gains from trade are very simple to demonstrate.
>>
>>44753816
Were you reading the kotor comic too?
>>
>>44757134
but worms are sentient.
Plants and bacteria too.
Sentience is just the ability to perceive something
>>
File: image.png (99 KB, 350x424) Image search: [Google]
image.png
99 KB, 350x424
>>44757767
Maybe.

I'm just saying we shouldn't have to reengineer waifu races from the ground up if it's already been done for us.
>>
>>44757968
Sentience implies the ability to remember and adapt your behavior to previous stimuli, though.
>>
>>44758072
But all organisms adapt to the stimuli they recieved in the (recent) past anon
>>
>>44758022
Anything that gets more of Jarael is ok by me, anon
>>
>>44755883
It had 151, including unique "species" like Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, and Mew.
>>
>>44754482
No. They're a bunch of holier than thou assholes who cave at the first sign of a real fight. They attempt to subjugate and culturally dominate every species they come in contact with, and the ones who won't be dominated are destroyed by the Turian pets the Asari keep around.

The Turians just bomb the shit out of everything and think they're superior for it.

The Salarians practice science with no ethical boundries and then act surprised when that blows up in their collective faces over and over. And then, you guessed it, they act superior for it.

The Volus are space jews, nothing more needed to say.

The Elcor are conservative to the point of detriment and are biologically inferior for galactic habitation, needing a highly specialized environment to live.

None of the council races are any good. Hell, none of the other species are any good.
>>
>>44759030
Vorcha at least have an excuse.
>>
>>44759101

Well yeah. But being miserable vermin is hardly a compelling argument as to why I shouldn't commit xenocide against your race.
>>
>>44759030
>Hell, none of the other species are any good.

The Geth are good, though.

All they want to do is fix the homeworld, mine some rocks and live in a Dyson Sphere for the rest of existence.
>>
Exile? Oh no, Ambassador Ayyy.

Why should we kick out our potential allies when we could... subjuga- I mean, forge an alliance with them?

I mean, we could certainly use a lot of slav- I mean, manpower for this project of ours.
>>
>>44759030
>Hell, none of the other species are any good.

There's the Drell, as long as you don't hold nearly fucking themselves into extinction against them.
>>
>>44754732
That assumes that intelligence is perfect, and that anyone has the means to actually detect each other over long distances.

Given that we've been trying mighty hard for the last few decades, and we've basically been unsuccessful until very recently (no guarantees there though) may suggest that simply because of the distances involved and the low intensity of signal, it's hard to break your cover.

I'm not a proponent of the idea, but I understand the line of thinking. It's better to fire one gunshot than to let someone start shouting your location out through a microphone.
>>
>>44759030
batarians if they stopped with the slavery might be alright
>>
>>44759410
Fair enough, we'll let the Geth live. I worry though, the only reason they seem to want to do those things is to reconcile with the space gypsies. I'm not sure what would happen after the Quarians are taken out.

>>44759506
The Drell are just puppets for the Hanar, who themselves are basically useless. Not to mention that the Drell are practically extinct as is.

>>44759568
The Batarians also have a super imperialistic attitude, they practice slavery as a sort of manifest destiny. They believe themselves so superior to all other species that they should have to follow no other law but their own, and that all other species should serve them. They are unfit to exist.
>>
>>44759568
But slavery is an integral part of the batarian caste system! By trying to do away with the slave trade you're restricting their cultural rights.
>>
>>44753599
Because sg1 is patrician science fiction these proles can't comprehend.
>>
>>44759608
I don't think Geth take kindly to genocide, given their parents tried genociding them once.
>>
>>44759608
But Quarians are awesome!
>>
>>44759799
They're space gypsies with a massive chip on their shoulder and little desire to adapt, always bitching about "Muh homeworld".
>>
>>44759608

To understand why the geth mostly just stay home and Garden, you have to remember what the Geth actually ARE.

They are not conventional AI. they are a bunch of really dumb programs that were originally built to run factors and lawnmowers and toasters and shit, who linked up as part of an unforeseen side effect of "be the best at your job that you can be" programming to expand their operating power. The Geth are a collective that votes on shit and compares notes and communicates, and like the cells of a human brain these individually simple programs form a composite emergent intelligence that can run a planet and invent new technologies and shit.

So yes, they build fleets to defend themselves. They make long terms plans to satisfy their energy needs until the stars themselves go out. They invent new technologies to secure their future and maintain the technological edge needed to ensure that they can do whatever they want until the end of time.

But what do all of those programs still actually vote for?

"What I was made to do, but better."

All they really care about is making sure those factories are clean and tidy, that the lawns or mowed, and that should the need arise they can made fantastic toast. All of those for masters that they have had to separate themselves from, because the masters would have destroyed them and then they wouldn't be able to make toast at all!

Left to their own devices and not being prodded into an aggressive footing, they are almost adorable. Godlike power, used to keep those tulips looking fucking amazing.
>>
>>44759996
Presumably they also control all the banks.
>>
>>44760061
No, that's the Volus.
>>
>>44760058
>We are Geth. We make fantastic toast. Please stop attempting to commit genocide on us. Would you like some toast?
>>
>>44760058
You have convinced me; the Geth can stay.

All the other species are either malevolent, or just not worth it, however.
>>
>>44759608
>They believe themselves so superior to all other species that they should have to follow no other law but their own, and that all other species should serve them.

Pot, meet kettle. Kettle, pot.

That represents humanity as conceived in this thread.
>>
>>44760139
that's why their our galactic rivals in ME
>>
>>44760139
And that's why I can't stand the sight of them, they remind me of me.
>>
I think humanity is the bad guy in the scenario OP presents.

In some contexts we probably aren't, but just wholesale demanding a shitload of territory isn't something nice people generally do.
>>
>>44760113

Truth be told, if we can convince the Geth that we can adopt them as surrogate parents, it might be for the best of both of us.

On some level, the individual Geth programs are still built around logic that presumes an organic race to serve. Without one, they have to be feeling somewhat without purpose, even if they cannot admit it because that would be divulging a vulnerability which is a tactical mistake.

Letting them be our butlers and whatever would make them happy, so long as we don't treat them like slaves. It would be hard to find a balance, and they might decide that they don't like us enough to move in with us, but it has the potential for symbiosis.
>>
>>44760058
>>44760113
>>44760106
>Actually WANTING the universe to be tiled over with tulip gardens and toasters
>>
>>44760157
which is also why the council gave the humans rights to the skylian verge, when the batarians had been in that part of space for hundreds of years, knowing it would piss them off and make them go after the human colonies that they put there. which would in turn cause humans to fight back against batarian state sanctioned pirates, thus keeping the two most problematic species in the galaxy at each others throats for the foreseeable future.

>>44760237
they don't really want to serve, they just want to be left alone to do their own thing.
>>
>>44754061
It sounds to me like you just want to see some shattered pelvises, and you're not particular about whose.
>>
>>44760257
If they don't want to serve then they shall be served.

Bring me the galaxies sickest DJs and dancers.
>>
>>44760235
You have to remember that Ambassador Ayyy is an enabler of humanity's basest sins.

The last time, he and his fellow lmaos gave us genetic engineering technology.

Granted, they "hoped" we'd use it to eradicate common diseases and hereditary imperfections in our genes.

Instead, we used the tech to make cat girls and slime girls, and centaurs... well you get the idea.

So where the hell are we going to keep these menagerie of waifus but in another planet?
>>
>>44760325
>and slime girls
Back up, I need to know more about this.
>>
>>44760386
You don't wanna. WORST. GIRL. EVER.

They left ooze all over the house, they have the intelligence of an amoeba, and they're body physiology is acidic in order to digest food. i.e. fucking one does terrible things to your dick.
>>
>>44760235

The most dangerous aspect of humanity is the fact that humans are fundamentally incapable of satisfaction. There is nothing you can give humans, either individually or as a group, that will sate them for the rest of their lives. Give a human more food than they can eat in a life time, and they will ask for better food. Give a single human more money that it takes to support a family of four, and you can tempt them with even more money than that despite all of their needs being met.

Because you can meet a humans needs, but you can never meet their wants or sate their greed. More land, more food, more money, more entertainment. And when there is no room for more, they want better. Better food. Better entertainment.

And witholding this from them makes you a villain in their eyes, because their greed with blind them. They will invent reasons why they deserve what they want, why you are evil for not giving it to them even at great cost to yourself.

You have to keep a very strong hand when it comes to humans, and monitor their media and communications very closely. Any population of humans that begins to covet your space and resources too much must be swiftly reprimanded before they can muster the means to challenge you for it. because they will. And when your defenses leave their ships in ruins, they will claim that the blood of their dead is the price they paid for something you never offered to sell, and future generations of them will consider that a debt they will collect on.

I like humans. They can achieve great things precisely because of the very ambition that is their greatest flaw, and they invented the "Knock Knock Joke", which is one of my favorite hobbies. But like a weed with pretty flowers, unless you take measures to prune them they will choke the life out of everything they can reach until there is nothing else left. I prefer to admire them from a distance, because they are very dangerous neighbors.
>>
>>44760386
>>44760425
I found the Catgirl-Gynoid war to be very interesting. The colony didn't have enough men to go around and they started fighting in the streets to claim mates and territory.
>>
File: 21628.jpg (772 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
21628.jpg
772 KB, 1920x1200
>>44760325
fund development into engineering to create flying cities that can relocate as needed
>>
>>44760425
To be fair, we made a hefty profit by selling them as a biological weapon instead of a companion partner.
>>
>>44760386
The moment we made the first successful catgirls and monster musumes, we sold them as companions for lonely people.

It was a hit. Planet Japan alone, bought 90% of our stocks.
>>
>>44760481
>implying this wouldn't also be the case for other sentient species
>>
File: 1274239466349.jpg (49 KB, 625x481) Image search: [Google]
1274239466349.jpg
49 KB, 625x481
>>44760613
I know that, I'd missed the bit about the slime girls.

I suppose some crazy research organisation is still trying to get them working right?
>>
>>44760727
Yeah, about that.

We gave up, figured it'd be easier to give humans super dicks that could survive screwing the mimics (among other things)
>>
>>44760481
I would contest this idea. But I'm not good at words nor making a compelling argument.

Anyways, I believe humans are capable of feeling satiated. Be it food, money, or anything.

The reason we aren't is because we understand that all those things are finite. They'll run out eventually, hence why we go into a hoarding mode to get more for ourselves.

But if such things were available and infinite, we would take them for granted. Just like the air we breath.

In fact, if we knew we wouldn't have to worry about getting hungry or going broke, we can spend our energies outward to do some amazing things instead - advancing world-changing science and technologies to new limits.

An example, I guess is during the renaissance period when people worried less about crop yields or hunger and started developing sciences at an astoundingly rapid pace.
>>
>>44760646

It is incredibly small minded to think that there is only one successful operating system in the universe, especially given how much of how we think is based on our biology and evolution, which will absolutely be very different for anything that comes out of an alien ecosystem.

A species that reproduces asexually, for example, would not have nearly the same level of competition instinct that we do because there is no mate to compete for. All they need to do to thrive is live long enough to bud off new offspring, and the longer they live the more offspring they create. So they focus on self preservation and sustainability, until eventually they hit on the idea of enlightened self interest: by working together (eventually as a civilization) they can maximize their lifespans (and thus children) beyond what any of them could hope to accomplish individually. At first in something as simple as protecting themselves from predators, then by sharing knowledge, and the rest is history.
>>
>>44760835
Relating to your comment about air, in a situation where air is not infinite we would begin hoarding it and demanding higher quality air and straight up killing one another over it.

I agree completely. If the resource is infinite (or near so) our want and greed for it will diminish to nothing.
>>
>>44760861
Just to nitpick.
Asexual Organisms are proven to be genetically inferior because they take much longer to adapt and evolve, since they can't easily weed out undesirable traits or grow new ones.
>>
>>44760952
How effective would multi sexual organisms be at adaptation? Could three genders or more provide a greater advantage?
>>
>>44760835
How does this explain man's thirst for conquest at colonizing vast galaxies, when we've already proven that space is constantly expanding at a pace we can't even begin to fathom?
>>
The imperium of man does not negotiate with xeno scum. Prepare thy anus for exterminatus!
>>
>>44761049
We just have to expand faster.
>>
>>44761049
Because we don't know how many planets are inhabitable. In our feeble minds, we believe there's only a finite number of planets in the vast galaxies that are hospitable for human life because we don't have enough data to conclude if its 10 or 10,000,000.
>>
>>44761070
Well, I mean, if they're willing to surrender and make it easy on us, we'll gladly let them fly into a star with their own ships.
>>
>>44761049
Limited space is just as much a challenge as limited food.
How do we overcome limited space? Expand faster than space!
>>
>>44760926

Minor nitpick, I think it is less that it is infinite and more about whether or not it has value.

Air has no value currently because its is freely available to everyone and always has been. As you say, if it was in limited supply (like fresh water) it would suddenly be incredibly valuable and worth killing over.

But there are things that are infinite and still valuable. Space is infinite, but control over territory in space is always going to be worth fighting over.

And something can be limited but worthless, and thus we don't give a shit.

Value can be measured in currency, but that's really just because that is the catchall abstraction we use to standardize value so we don't go insane trying to barter for shit.
>>
>>44761049
Because sooner or later, even the lmaos won't be able to span the expanse. And wherever we have a colony is a chance for mankind to survive.

As well as cat girls.
>>
>>44761101
>"Only 10,000,000 hospitable planets in space? Quick! We need to colonize them all before those filthy Xenos do!"

This is human logic. Don't try to deny it.
>>
>>44753421
I didn't vote for you, xeno. Earth! Earth! Earth! Earth!
>>
>>44761159
>Implying there's anything wrong with this
Every time the order of magnitude our population grows, every time the order of magnitude of planets we control grows, every time the order of magnitude of galaxies we control grows, humanity levels up.

Anything less than being level infinity is unacceptable
>>
>>44761009

Depends. Asexual is generally inferior because it has less randomization and thus doesn't change very quickly. So sponges are going to stay sponges while rats turn into apes turn into humans turn into space elves. And in all that time, sponges still just stay sponges, though maybe slightly different sponges.

Multiple sexes/parents could increased genetic randomization, but whether or not that extra degree of randomization or input is actually useful is up for grabs. The difference between 2 and 1 is much less than the difference between 1 and 0, in terms of significance.
>>
>>44761102
Or we'll send a ~~company~~ squad of dark or blood angels
>>
>>44761127
Ah yeah. I considered this argument as well.

But value generally decreases when the supply is greater than the demand, does it not?
Gold is worthless if they're as "infinite" as the grains of sand on every beach.
>>
>>44761127
>Space is infinite, but control over territory in space is always going to be worth fighting over.
I disagree on this point. The resources in a territory can be valuable but the space itself is not. There's enough space in the solar system to house nearly infinite amounts of people as long as you don't restrict yourself to planets. The space between planets is so vast that we could dismantle millions of planets for resources and not need to worry about space running out in our solar system.
>>
>>44761224

So you admit that >>44760481 is essentially right, then? That any alien race that wants to survive is basically obligated to prune us back down to a manageable size every so often because it is inevitable that people like you will come up with an excuse to try and kill or conquer them?
>>
File: 1433962029691.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1433962029691.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>44761292
>>
>>44761235

Traditionally, yes. But then you get weird shit, like diamonds being actually really fucking common but the diamond market obscuring that fact by buying them all up and sitting on them in vaults so that only 1% of the diamonds we actually have are available.

We can make flawless diamonds with what amounts to a home chemistry set these days, but the jewelry market still doesn't care about any stone that an African child didn't claw out of the ground and then get shot for.

So scarcity is an important factor, but not the only factor that impacts value.
>>
>>44761260
Depends on whether or not the aliens are willing to be assimilated into the Glorious Federation of Terra, and thus being counted in our population count.

We may be greedy, but I'd like to think that we're inclusively greedy, and want to share the wonders of existence with everyone we meet.
After all, the only thing better than indulging in luxurious wine and the finest meats for your entire life, is indulging in luxurious wine and the finest meats for your entire life with friends.
>>
>>44761159
Anon, 10,000,000 hospitable planets is such a small number if you considered how exponentially fast humanity would grow if they could inhabit more than one planet at a time.

We're not counting trillions of growth a year. But trillions of growth in an hour.
>>
>>44761292
I've been wondering if this is the concerted effort of a single person or just random copycats without a connecting thread.
>>
>>44753421
Not a problem Ambassador, We will go inwards, to the core. See if we can't find planets there.
>>
File: zOwCDx5.gif (67 KB, 223x199) Image search: [Google]
zOwCDx5.gif
67 KB, 223x199
>>
>>44761368
The hollow earth theory is a load of crock and you know it.
>>
>>44753421
That sounds reasonable. I don't know why some faggot suggested it in the first place. We concede to your ruling
>>
File: TR-8R.jpg (111 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
TR-8R.jpg
111 KB, 750x1000
>>44761402
>Conceding to filthy Xenos
>Hindering Humankind's progress

Do I sense DISLOYALTY in this thread?
>>
>>44761363
or it's a conspiracy to make traditional games more politically correct
>>
>>44761398

Galactic core, you nimrod.
>>
>>44754385

Now this is just silly, any alien culture that has advanced enough to be space faring will be more than intelligent enough to understand us, and we would likely find it easy enough to understand them since they're bound to have a highly advanced culture.
>>
>>44761426
>not joining the interplanetary community peacefully and with open minds to enrich all of mankind with the bounty the stars and our alien neighbors have to offer

Xenophobic Luddite detected
>>
>>44761436
Don't call him that. He probably doesn't even hunt!
>>
>>44761402
the galactic council is incapable of understanding sarcasm, which has led to numerous diplomatic incidents over the years
>>
>>44761464
It's not Xenophobia, it's species pride.

If we CAN kill all filthy Xenos and conquer the universe, then obviously we deserve to.
>>
>>44761464
>not assimilating the galactic community into the Imperium of Mankind, granting each species the honor of joining Mankind along side the glorious Terrans.

>>44761471
But, on the positive side, sometimes we get -excellent- deals.
>>
File: 1451984077272.jpg (69 KB, 960x607) Image search: [Google]
1451984077272.jpg
69 KB, 960x607
>>44761426
Oh great, we just got the Arbitr-8r on our asses.

No disloyalty here, commissar!
>>
>>44761495
>We do what we must because we can
I like you, anon.
>>
File: 1437449240033.gif (3 MB, 200x170) Image search: [Google]
1437449240033.gif
3 MB, 200x170
>>44761464
trust but verify.

hold one hand in open friendship, the other clutching a spear of war
>>
>>44753421
After the last bombing campaign, that's down to a manageable 135 species to exile.
>>
>>44761554
that is the most wonderful picture i have ever seen
>>
>>44761363
My theory is that it's some /pol/ and/or /r9k/ fag trying to turn /tg/ into another /pol/ hugbox by making the opposition of fa/tg/uys that tell them to fuck off look bad
>>
>>44754482
Theyre a massive pain in the ass, really. They move so goddamn slowly with anything.

still banged Liara
>>
>>44761426
>>44761554
Why does 40kfags have to ruin a good meme by assimilating it with their faggotry?
>>
>>44761664
Please tell me you atleast took clearly superior Tali as soon as possible.
>>
>>44761752
>Tali fag

Shepard is in his thirties. She's barely in her twenties in ME3.

Come the fuck on.
>>
>>44761745
>memes
>ever good
disappointed baka desu senpai
>>
>>44761745
how is the first one in any way 40K?
>>
>>44761495
>Wanting to kill aliens
>Not wanting to get freaky, produce offspring (with some help from gene splicers), and see what happens
>>
>>44761752

Tali is the only girl in 2 that is worth taking. Mirandi is untrustworthy as fuck because until the end of the game you can't be sure that she is on your side at all, and Jack is a nutcase that could turn on you at any moment if anything upsets her.

Tali is the only one thats really a viable option, unless you plan to sit in your quarters staring at picture of your ME1 waifu of choice, consumed with lust for the evening.
>>
>>44761368
All the planets there would be uninhabitable for us. Too much radiation and heat, too much interference between systems and orbitals, too unstable in general. You'd probably be able to set up viable self-sustaining habitats and industrial constructs in this "region", but no one cares about those -- for some reason, it's all about the terribly inefficient practice of inhabiting planets with you people.
>>
>>44761816
This is how Trials in Tainted Space started

in factn, this entire thread is Trials in Tainted Space
>>
>>44761816
Well, you're slaying them either way.
>>
>>44761802

Because its literally just copy/pasting DISLOYALTY into the dead horse HERESY meme.

And then the second image gets posted, in case anyone was too dense to get the joke.
>>
>>44761877
And now I want to play a Civ style game in the TiTS universe. Hardcore policy making action!
>>
>>44761897
TRAITOR
>>
File: 1451582904057.jpg (50 KB, 462x686) Image search: [Google]
1451582904057.jpg
50 KB, 462x686
>>44761897
>>
I THOUGHT I FUCKING TOLD YOU SPACE NIGGERS

FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL
>>
File: ThePaladin.png (335 KB, 600x1004) Image search: [Google]
ThePaladin.png
335 KB, 600x1004
>>44753421
Listen, Ayy, can I call you Ayy? Ayy, we only asked out of... Consideration. I think it's in the council's best interest not to step on our toes.
>>
>>44760106
>>44760058

Would you like any toast?
https://youtu.be/LRq_SAuQDec
>>
>>44762025
Am I the only person who automatically assumed that FN stands for Fireman and is a rate designation indicating that Finn is a mechanic?
>>
>>44753421
Fuck you we take what we want!
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
>>
>>44763306
FROM THE ATLANTIC TO THE PACIFIC
FROM ALASKA TO PANAMA
THE UNITED STATES OF NORTH AMERICA
FROM ALASKA TO PUERTE NAVRINO
THE UNITED STATES OF THE AMERICAS
FROM THE PACIFIC TO THE ATLANTIC
THE UNITED STATES OF TERRA
>>
>>44763289
yes
>>
>>44763289

>FN
>FireMan
>mechanic

I have no idea how you made these jumps, but it is utterly nonsensical to me. Please elaborate.
>>
>>44761897
That's some top level heresy right there.
>>
>>44754055
Look at all the trouble we have getting along with other members of our own species, or hell look at civil wars we can't even get along with other people from the same country as us alot of the time. How do you think we're going to get along with god damn aliens?
>>
>>44754672
But at least we'd be the ones wiping our species out and not some GOD DAMN DIRTY ALIEN SONS OF BITCHES!
>>
>>44765275
Better if we let our cat girls meet them first.
>>
>>44758644
most bugs won't try to get away from you if you tear their members apart. They aren't sentient.
(that's still a horrible thing to do)
>>
>>44761464
>all the aliens will be nice and peaceful and not want to conquer us if we kiss their ass enough

Space hippy detected

>luddite
What the fuck are you talking about, why do I keep on seeing people misuse the word so much? It's got a pretty specific meaning.
>>
>>44753483
it does
>>
>>44754055
>shitty fiction like 40k

Fuck off cunt
>>
>>44761575
It was a triumph.
Huge success.
>>
>>44753421

There must have been a mistake, Ambassador. Those planets are uninhabitated because they are ravaged by deadly bioweap.. xenoplagues. I'm sure there's no harm in us trying to turn these death worlds into something useful?
>>
>>44765466
>most bugs won't try to get away from you if you tear their members apart.
They will though. Maybe not after you're done but they'll try to escape. You have to realize being captured but not killed is pretty much inconceivable to them
The fact they don't experience loss of limbs and pain in the same way doesn't mean they're suddenly not sentient. Their sentience is maybe more limited but I'd argue a notion of higher consequences are certainly sapience over sentience.
>>
>>44753421
THEY GIT GOING OR WEZ MAKEZ EM!! HOOMANZ STRONK!! HUMY BEST!! WAAAAAAGGH!!!
>>
>>44767047
I like the way Mr zkro thinks!
>>
>>44753421
If you just give us the Far Arm we promise we will be satisfied and won't invade any more arms.
>>
>>44754883
They have the technology. They fucking admit that they can build new mass relays, they just don't need to.
>>
>>44753421
either you remove the vampires on earth or we remove 148 species
>>
burn the human. purge the alien. kill the robot
>>
>>44767427
What's left?
>>
>>44767511

those sexy sentient minerals.
>>
>>44761851
Kelly.
>>
Tali'Zorah is best waifu
>>
>>44754385
>>44754203
First contact is going to be like Europeans coming to America
Humans are the natives

its not going to go well
>>
>>44755271
ask for the arm and take the hand
It will appear as though we took the ambassadors position into consideration
>>
>>44753421
But we need to build our giant space wall to keep the space Mexicans from stealing our space jobs!

MAKE SPACE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>44754055
Israel - Babylonian Talmud says kill babies of there is a chance they could grow up to be enemies of Jews / nonJews are animals to be used and thrown aside/ raping nonJews is not a crime as they are not human etc
>>
>>44767949
Did someone say Sing along mode?
>>
>>44768096
>Humans are the natives
Why? What exactly suggests first contact is not thousands of years away when some guy lands on some planet?
>>
>>44767949
That's not Ash.
>>
>>44754055
Because if you replace alien races with nogs and kebab it makes perfect sense
>>
File: fire resistance.gif (353 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
fire resistance.gif
353 KB, 540x405
>>44768302
Ash is pretty good
>>
>>44759282
Best shock troops ever. And they are still around stone age.
>>
File: rickman.jpg (8 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
rickman.jpg
8 KB, 194x259
RIP Snape.
>>
>>44766699

40k has pretty undeniably shitty fiction.

Like, it's fine to enjoy it and find it cool, because it definitely has style in its way, but it's also absolutely retarded.
>>
File: deeply-concerned-intensifies.jpg (47 KB, 676x450) Image search: [Google]
deeply-concerned-intensifies.jpg
47 KB, 676x450
>>44769247
>checks
It's legit? Shit. For fuck's sake. Dude wasn't even 70.

What's next; both Patrick Steward and Ian Mckellan in a twofer?
>>
>>44753535
Not all at once, sure. Divide and conquer!
>>
Do you not wish to hear the word of the gods?
>>
File: 1448914244786.png (109 KB, 354x310) Image search: [Google]
1448914244786.png
109 KB, 354x310
>>44772871
Go away Eliphas, we already told you we don't want any.
>>
>>44773047
WE WILL BE BACK!!!! Eventually. maybe.

later...
>>
>>44769247
For fucks sake...
>>
File: tumblr_m8u0ncZNhA1r6brt0o1_500.jpg (54 KB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8u0ncZNhA1r6brt0o1_500.jpg
54 KB, 500x309
>>44774425
Don't come back, or I'll summon Hairgel to kick your ass.
Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.