[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/ what's your opinion on proxies? Is it ok to use
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: Nissa,-Worldwaker.png (1 MB, 791x1107) Image search: [Google]
Nissa,-Worldwaker.png
1 MB, 791x1107
Hey /tg/ what's your opinion on proxies? Is it ok to use it if you have the regular card? Does it have to look like the original card? Do you use them?

pic related, I've been using this card on my decks while having 4 nissas secured on a binder
>>
File: image.png (744 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
744 KB, 1136x640
Since I am not a tourneyfag, I don't mind any proxy as long as we both know the card and its effect.

I'm one of those guys who would rather play against ideas, not procedural formalities.

Many pro players are the complete opposite. "Pay to play baby."
>>
So long as the other guy is cool with it I dont see an issue, has to work both ways though obviously
>>
>>44730876
No problems if everyone is cool with it. I often times use cards from different languages, especially for old school pokemon. Most tourneyfags will find the idea abhorrent though, but they aren't in it for fun anyways so why play with them.
>>
File: 1450131815723.jpg (97 KB, 415x600) Image search: [Google]
1450131815723.jpg
97 KB, 415x600
If you aren't playing competitive and the card you want to use is a prize card that hasn't been reprinted yet then that's fine, so long as your opponent agrees to it.
>>
>>44730912
the "pay to play" mentality doesn't exactly apply here - he HAS the 4 copies of the card, they're just in his binder, I assume because he doesn't want to risk damaging them.

at a sanctioned tourney, you'll have to bust them out. But for casual play I'm 100% okay with you proxying cards you own.
>>
As you've said you own the actual card and can show it, I don't see a problem
>>
>>44732908
Op here. I take really good care of my cards, so yes, that's one of the reasons, the other one is that the proxy is just to much prettier. why can't wizards print the cards like this?
>>
File: yolandi_visser1.jpg (99 KB, 470x584) Image search: [Google]
yolandi_visser1.jpg
99 KB, 470x584
>>44730876
you could use a yolandi to proxy that
>>
>>44730876
It depends, if its a sanctioned event, pull them out and sleeve em up.
Edh, and you have 12 decks that use an underground sea, so long as you can construct the deck without proxies I don't care at all if you use proxies.
>>
>>44730876

Have to own the card, and you have to make an effort on the proxy, not just write "Lighting Bolt" on a mountain and call it good, Walter.
>>
>>44730912
>Can you believe they don't let you borrow NASCAR autos? Fucking pay to play bullshit
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.