[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tlg/ - Tiny Leaders General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (271 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
271 KB, 1920x1080
/tlg/ - Tiny Leaders General

Best format every edition.
>>
im currently running kira but i need another general to switch out to any ideas? something control-y would be nice
>>
>>44714871
Finally, a place to discuss this format!

Everybody I know doesn't play anymore because the format was founded on a gimmick that didn't justify itself being separate from EDH.
>>
>>44714944
Well, friend, I have a couple ideas.
If you want pure control, Barrin is your guy.
However, if you would like to really switch it up and go mill for a bit, Laquatus is great.
Cheers.
>>
>>44714945
They sure do sound like stupid fucks!
I'm glad you aren't suckered into that shitty EDH format, though. I know how you feel; unlike everyone else around here in the MtG scene, I don't need big casting costs to compensate for having a small penis. I have a fairly large penis and thus I play Tiny Leaders.
>>
>>44714977
i think ill go with barrin thanks dude
>>
>>44715033
No problem, friend. If you have any questions, feel free to post in this thread. I'll try to keep helping out despite all the replies.
>>
this format is like pauper but better! my LGS plays basically nothing else, there was a small EDH group but EDH is all but dead around here so they dwindled into nothing. i run a sygg, river cutthroat deck and its a blast
>>
Finally, a general thread for what is objectively the best format in this game: Tiny Leaders™!

I hope you guys are having as much fun as me playing this straight upgrade over regular old EDH. Market studies show Tiny Leaders™ players to be smarter, richer and more handsome than players from any competing format, so I look forward to chatting with you all here. Don't forget to buy your format staples soon, Tiny Leaders™ is going to have a crazy year and prices are sure to skyrocket!

---
<i>"I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring."</i>
David Bowie
>>
>>44715468
10/10 post absolutely perfect.
Welcome to this amazing thread. I wish you well, tiny brother.
>>
So, what's your favorite deck? Mine is Gaddock Teeg, and I urge everyone to buy him and build him before his price gets much higher. He's guaranteed to be a top tier Tiny Leader and you'll be glad you got on that bandwagon early when you start racking in huge prize money with him once Tiny Leaders replaces Standard as the biggest competitive format.
>>
File: 1515156161165.png (1 MB, 926x737) Image search: [Google]
1515156161165.png
1 MB, 926x737
Holy shit, this thread is autistic.
>>
File: 1447679191950.jpg (194 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
1447679191950.jpg
194 KB, 600x750
This thread is autistic as fuck
>>
>>44715650
>>44715586
No need to post twice, friend!
>>44715585
You've convinced me to build a Gaddock Teeg deck! Cheers, friend!
>>
I like to imagine there's at least one anon who opened this thread hoping for an actual discussion on the format.
>>
>>44715838
That was me, I kind of wanted to see if Tiny Leaders was still going. Alesha warrior tribal looked cool.
>>
>>44716092
It's kind of not.

Someone figured out the best strategy already, and it's kinda painfully better than everything else.
>>
>>44716241
Out of curiosity for someone who never cared to look up anything about this format, what strategy is that? I'm assuming it's some form of aggro because lol control with the cmc restrictions
>>
>>44716332
It was BUG, control I think; except there's no legendary in the game for UBG, so it's a 1/1 token for UBG or, later, when they let Ana Battlemage be your leader.
>>
>>44716445
You'd think that the availability of a legendary creature in the command zone would push to the top a strategy that actually uses that creature. I don't know shit about Tiny Leaders but from the structure, I expected something like Anafenza, Edric, Derevi or Geist of Saint Traft to be on top.
>>
I've been out of the loop for a few years, what is this and why is it better than e.g. legacy, pauper, or modern (lol)
>>
>>44717333
it's not
>>
>>44717531
0/10
>>44717333
Well, it's basically like pauper but with the advantages and appeal of EDH. Lower casting costs means no bullshit Emrakuls and all that jank bullshit. Also lands untap for free.
>>
>>44717570
>it's basically like Pauper
In what ways?
>>
>>44718047
this is one of those rare cases where we advise the baby to use google and don't spoonfeed him
>>
>>44718100
This. We can only help you so much!
>>
>>44718100
No, you said something retarded and I want to hear your explanation. In what ways is Tiny Leaders "basically like Pauper"? What defining characteristics do these formats share?
>>
>>44718219
He didn't say that. I did. Try to keep up, EDH-baby. Just use Google. We can't do everything for you.
>>
>>44718504
>I have no answer so I'll deflect
>>
>>44718643
Nah. I've been answering questions this whole thread - in fact, the thing you're asking about is one of the answers I've given. If you'd like to know how TL is like Pauper, it would be a good idea to do your own research as not only would you come up with more information than I could give you, but you'd also be acting like a self-sufficient human being.
>>
>>44718720
I searched "how is tiny leaders like pauper" and my only result was
">>44718720 is a retard who thinks rarity restriction and cmc restriction are the same thing"
>>
>>44718885
Wow - that was really clever! However, you're still none-the-wiser as to what the similarities are. Maybe actually using Google this time could help!
>>
>>44718951
Well, you got me to respond up to this point. 7/10 bait anon. At least, I sincerely hope it's bait.
>>
>>44718973
Well memed, my friend! Come back when you're ready to talk amongst the adults.
>>
>>44718973
it's like pauper in that it uses pauper rules you hopeless waste of skin.

try googling "MtG Tiny Leaders"
here, I even did that
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=mtg%20tiny%20leaders
check the first three links, you may be surprised at what you find
>>
am i retarded for unironically playing kami of the crescent moon storm
>>
>>44719601
No it doesn't.
There is no rarity restriction whatsoever, just a mana cost restriction, unless things changed drastically
>>
>>44719630
No, Kami is great fun and would be very fun to play against. What does your playgroup play?
>>
>>44719601
>it's like pauper in that it uses pauper rules you hopeless waste of skin.
It literally doesn't.
>>
>>44719638
It doesn't, and it hasn't. You've been taken on a cruise full of much ruse, anon.
>>
>>44719769
>pretending to be retarded etc.
>>
>>44719769
That would imply I fell for it, rather than was calling them out on it.
>>
>>44720161
Don't bother, some people don't even know what rusing means anymore, they think just getting others to respond to their retarded statements means they performed le ebin troll :^)
>>
>>44714871
Price hike scam general? What should I buy out in order to bump up the price?
>>
>>44714871
For a minute I thought that "Tiny Leaders" was some defunct/indy miniatures wargame that can be played mostly for free these days. Got excited. Googled it, and it turned out to just be a MTG format. Much sad.
>>
>>44723447
Gaddock Teeg is still only in double digits, we need to push it to 100$+ by the end of the month.
>>
>>44714871
Need some help on this one.

the ramp is doing fine, but I think I should add more heavy hitters, though I feel scared without much mana. What do I do /tg/?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/omnath-locus-of-the-tiniest-ramp/
>>
Your format is dead and so should you
>>
>>44726390
>modernfags posting on tiny leaders

do you feel THAT lonely anon?
>>
>>44726390
Modern player detected! Playing a baby-fied version of Legacy is just embarrassing - shoo!
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 640x640
>49 replies
>15 posters
>>
>>44727861
If you read the thread, newfriend, you'd know I've been answering questions pretty much constantly. There's also another person or two doing the same.
>>
File: 1452093445840.png (241 KB, 527x720) Image search: [Google]
1452093445840.png
241 KB, 527x720
>>44727850
>criticizes someone for playing baby-fied version of legacy
>plays baby-fied version of edh
>>
>>44728154
I don't think you understand exactly what TL is. It came BEFORE EDH, kid. In my LGS we've been playing TL since '99.
>>
Between this and the "don't buy counterfeits" thread, Starcity are doing some prime astroturfing.
>>
>>44728679
Just make counterfeits, it's cheaper. Why would you buy a fake product?
>>
>>44728820
>pay nothing and get use homemade cards
>pay a little bit and use cards that are teh next best thing to the actual cards
>pay out the ass for actual cards

Given the choice, I'll splurge a small amount to have counterfeits that are a twenty times nicer than anything I could make while still being twenty times cheaper than buying the actual cards.
>>
>>44728898
As long as you're not doing tournys, why pay for counterfeits though? I'm not being judgmental, just curious. Is it just for visual appeal or are you hiding it from your local playgroup?
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.