[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Parson's not Chief Warlord anymore and there's about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 1
File: Erfworld Book 3 Page 124.jpg (535 KB, 900x1245) Image search: [Google]
Erfworld Book 3 Page 124.jpg
535 KB, 900x1245
So Parson's not Chief Warlord anymore and there's about to be war in the Magic Kingdom.

Thoughts?
>>
Why don't you go to /co/ or somewhere? Nobody will care there either, but still.
>>
>>44707959
As of the last panel, Gobwin Knob just got 3 new casters...
How long do you think they'll last?
>>
>>44707979
Because Erfworld's a piece of media based on /tg/ materials, and has /tg/ denizens as its target audience? I'm sorry if you're annoyed that it's popped up here, but /co/ wouldn't care about it. So if there's discussion to be had of this, it's to be had here.
>>
>>44708004
The problem is that it's awful, and it looks like only a handful of you guys keep making and bumping these threads, like you're trying to advertise it here.

You and your three friends really could just discuss this on /co/, where you're free to discuss any comic you want, even ones where every character talks like an autistic robot and looks like a wax zombie thanks to poor shading technique.
>>
>>44708049
One of the last few threads got up to the bump limit, and had plenty of unique posters.

It's not as small as you're making it out to be, and these threads are for discussion, not advertising. We don't usually make a critique of the comic as a comic, but we talk an awful lot about the setting and the opportunities presented.
>>
>>44707959
Poor Artemis is gonna get dust'd
>>
>>44708269
Not with Wanda's Archons in the way she's not.
>>
>>44708286
The archons (both of them) and casters are getting fucked as well.
>>
>>44707959
Welp, so much for 'don't decrypt the killed unaligned magic users for goodwill'
At least now they've got unexpected firepower.
Wonder how long it will take Parson to go back up 2 levels, and for him to break the level system.
>>
>>44707987
I mean, I think it's a good time to add some fresh cast, and rotate out the old ones.

Jack a dead?
>>
>>44707959
I'm still surprised Charlie got Parson to turn without some sort of obligation that he couldn't just turn back as he did.
>>
>>44709693
>Removing Jack from the cast

No! Remove Sizemore or Ace, not Jack!
>>
>>44709658
>unaligned
How do you know they didn't belong to a side?
>>
>>44707959
There's no way GK gets to keep those Sean Beans at the end of this, is there?
>>
>>44707959
Wanda still respects Parson's abilities as the perfect warlord. I expect he'll continue in an advisory role.
>>
>>44709715
There was that whole 'turning back breaks the contract and costs you a shit-ton.'
>>
>>44709658
Wait, did he lose levels? Does turning drop your level?
>>
We really need a Stanley comic, showing his responses to the massive treasury fluctuations and parson's turning.
>>
I stopped reading this strip when he started doing massive text updates. Not because words words words, by because I thought the quality suffered.
>>
>meta webcomic about RPGs
Just fucking kill me, or alternatively yourselves.
>>
>>44711006
It's a wargame not an RPG. Now that you know what it is you may hate it properly.
>>
Wow Artemis is a cunt
>>
>>44712774
Na, she's just doing her job. She's the highest level warlord on the field and there is no chief warlord at the moment.
>>
>>44712861
She's a cunt. She knows everything about Parson in the context of the current situation and she knows he's single-handedly responsible for the wild success of her side. For dismissing him like that she is an absolute, irredeemable cunt.
>>
>>44712908
Shame Charlie is in full RAGEQUIT mode or else he'd ask any one of his spies in the MagicKingdom what's happening. Any of his archons could just win this by firing a burst right in the center of the portal, or even just reaching through the portal with a sharp object and stabbing Parson in the back.

Instead his elite forces are going to crash right into Parson's back.

Artemis is behaving like a bog standard dull minded warlord, which is a shame since I thought she was going to be curious and inquisitive. Instead she uses her side's most expensive and irreplaceable unit like a barricade.
>>
>>44713722
>Any of his archons could just win this by firing a burst right in the center of the portal
Considering the original plan was just to mow them down their their side of the portal, I'm not sure why this is suddenly no longer an option.
>>
>>44713916

He's firing blind because he's offdish.

>>44713722
Artemis seems to resent Parson for losing units after turning.
>>
>>44713722

> Instead she uses her side's most expensive and irreplaceable unit like a barricade.

What are you talking about? She's ordering the expendable Decrypted to form a stack in between the portal and Parson, and if Wanda hadn't interrupted, she was likely to order Parson to get out of the area and somewhere safe.
>>
>>44714974
Look again, she ordered Parson to stand in front of the portal. There's no room for anyone between him and the portal.

She literally ordered him to stand in the line of fire because he's a "Level 3, who recently turned sides." She's using him as a living shield to protect those decrypted.
>>
>>44710439
No, he hasn't. He's only made two kills iirc and leveled both times. The dachsund thing during the siege of Gobwin Knob, and the doll in Spacerock.
>>
I have to admit, I'm finding it hard not to start rooting for Charlie in all this.

He has the dish, archons, money and guns, but what he doesn't have is fate on his side. Fate says Parson is going to kill him, and the nature of Erfworld suggests it will contrive whatever is necessary to fulfill that.

It's more interesting to see how he's going to escape that, rather than watch Parson enact it.
>>
>>44715208

>Look again, she ordered Parson to stand in front of the portal.

Wrong.

>Stabbers, form a screening stack around Downer and Lord Gotti! In front of the Portal!

>She literally ordered him to stand in the line of fire because he's a "Level 3, who recently turned sides."

Again wrong.

>Uhm, what now? Artemis?

>"Warlady", you are a level three, who recently turned sides. Until and unless Stanley the Tool re-appoints you Chief warlord, you and all remaining units here are under my command.

Her order was to the stabbers to get in front of the Portal. When Parson tried to take command, she asserted that she outranks him (Technically true).

There is absolutely nothing there to indicate she is telling Parson to stand in front of the Portal. In fact, since he's standing in front of it by panel 6, an order to "move" will almost certainly get him away from the Portal.
>>
Did we ever figure out who created the spell that summoned Parson in the first place?

Like, they must have known what they were doing to some extent and had knowledge of Stupidworld. No way it was just random.
>>
>>44715208
She didn't order Parson to stand anywhere, she ordered the stabbers to protect him and Downer. He's just standing there because he's confused
>>
>>44715208

Guess she is resentful that others have cut her off from real leadership positions all her life due politics and recently in her second "life" by Parson a few nights ago.
>>
>>44715415

It probably is random. Judy Gale almost certainly came from somewhere other than Stupidworld: and if Charlie was also summoned, his use of some odd Erfworld lingo at least partially implies he isn't from Stupidworld either.
>>
I thought they couldn't swear. What's with the hells and damns?
>>
>>44715479
It isn't random. Rob may be a spotty writer but there's no way he's that bad of a storyteller.
>>
>>44715479
Charlie wasn't summoned, he's a mix of Charles Xavier and Charlie Brown. He even had a daughter. Also in text updates he thinks like an Erfworlder, not a Stupidworlder.
>>
>>44715402
>There is absolutely nothing there to indicate she is telling Parson to stand in front of the Portal. In fact, since he's standing in front of it by panel 6, an order to "move" will almost certainly get him away from the Portal.
Panel 4, he's not standing in front of the portal.
Panel 5, she tells him to move.
Panel 6, he's standing in front of the portal.

Orders are subconsciously followed, he's standing exactly where she wanted him to be.
>>
>>44715525

I mean, you could argue it was fate working, but I really don't think there's any significance to Parson's being from Stupidworld as opposed to the other implied worlds that Judy seems to demonstrate.

I don't think you need to go any further than Parson fits Stanley's specifications for what he wants to summon in a hilariously wrong way.
>>
>>44715415
The concept and the first spell was invented by Charlie to summon Judy Gale.

The particular one that summoned Parson was made by Sister Marie, Tisha, Hubble and an unknown Findamancer according to the wiki.
>>
>>44715544

>He even had a daughter.

A "daughter" in Erfworld parlance is a Ruler ordering the popping of a unit as an heir or a royal. If Parson founded his own side, and he ordered an heir, that would be a son or daughter.

>lso in text updates he thinks like an Erfworlder, not a Stupidworlder.

It's kind of mixed. He thinks of the electrical connections to the dish as "Shockamancy" but at the other hand, he calls a "fertile" egg just that, and Tonledayo even notes that she's never heard the word before.

But you're right, my personal opinion is that he is an Erfworlder, and that the Dish somehow gave him his odd insight and non-Erfworldy thought patterns (possible attempted use of carnymancy on the dish itself?)

>>44715554

>Panel 4, he's not standing in front of the portal.

Yes he is, it's just outside the frame of reference in the shot. Artemis is off of his right arm, wheras in panel six, she's to his left. Therefore, since Maggie and Marie are still standing next to Artemis and there's no indication of her moving, he turned around between panels 4 and 6.

Ergo, in Panel 4, his chest is facing the portal, just out of sight of the shot, and he's standing in front of it.

Furthermore, his statements in panel 6 indicate he was trying to resist the order and found out he cant, I.e., he hadn't moved yet.

You'll note that by panel 8 he has moved, away from the portal, since he's now standing behind Wanda and off by Lillith and whatever the other archon's name is.
>>
>>44715666
Albert implies that there is a degree of genetics/sex to popping units.
>>
>>44715740

Possibly, but it would seem to be pretty faint, given the enormous disparity in what we've seen in Slately's kids.
>>
>>44712908
To be fair some of her standoffish is likely down to automatic loyalty effects to recently turned-and-back units as well as her previous feelings regarding Charlescomm.

Unallied units without warlords autoattack each other after all, so it makes sense all units have a built in urge to dislike 'traitors' even if they know why they did it.

If one of my friends punches another of my friends in front of me, then I'll still feel pissed off even if they explain why.

Also she may be worried if Charlie has fucked up Parson's head and programmed in some self destructive orders during the brief time he was on Charlescomm's side - look at Vurp after all.

>>44708049
eh, many would say the same about OOTS, or even K6BD rpg but both get a thread here.
>>
>>44715508
Parson broke the boop profanity filter at the end of Book 1.

http://archives.erfworld.com/Book%201/163
>>
>>44715872
I figured that was a one time thing due to the situation, but never really bothered to pay attention to see if he couldn't swear again or just got used to not swearing. You remember any instances of him swearing beyond this page?
>>
>>44716083
>"Beats the shit out of a coconut. I'll be in my quarters."
http://archives.erfworld.com/Book+1/172
Happens every once in a while.
>>
>>44716083
A few in Bk2 comics as well
https://wiki.erfworld.com/LIAB_33
https://wiki.erfworld.com/LIAB_73

Bullshit and crap

He generally only swears when the situation calls for it, but it does reinforce he's already fundamentally broken Erfworld on at least one level.
>>
>>44715573
Hubble was the Findamancer.
Link-ups only work with 3, and Hubble is very much a Findamancer name.
>>
>>44716185
>>44716218
Okay, him permanently breaking the filter isn't far-fetched, but I just hadn't noticed any more profanity since I'm so used to it.
>>
>>44716427

She is mad about this instance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F2ThYzNd7E#t=60
>>
>>44716454
Yeah, Parson doesn't trust the decrypted ex-royals/warlords ever since Ossmer turned.
>>
>>44716427
Erfworld used to be hosted as a subpage on Giant In The Playground. Out-of-universe, the filter ceased when Erfworld got its own website. In-universe, it coincided when Parson threw his McStupid meal sword into the lava lake at the end of book 1.
>>
>>44717663
Kind of, but the last page of Book 1 contains the famous "Fuck You" and is hosted on giantitp.com

I guess the author needed to keep swearing to a minimum while they were hosted but then actually integrated it into the plot by making it about free will.
>>
>>44717663
>>44717802
Yeah basically part of the conditions of being on giantitp was being pg, and pg gets a limited amount of swearing. So they decided to turn it into a plot point.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.