[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /tg/ feel about Dishonored?, Just got done playing it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: Dishonored.jpg (255 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dishonored.jpg
255 KB, 1920x1080
How does /tg/ feel about Dishonored?, Just got done playing it in preparation for the squeal, I personally felt it was a pretty decent game, with lots of nice atmosphere, writing, and a interesting story, so what's ya'lls opinion on it?
>>
ehhhh
I liked the levels and gameplay but I don't hold hope for the second one to be much different.
>>
>>44699538
Sadly knowing Bethesda, i wouldn't wager against you
>>
I honestly thought I was watching a trailer for another Darkness game when I saw the announcement for 2.
>>
>>44699576
Going back and watching it, I can total see where that would come from
>>
>>44699283
Probably one of my favorite games. Felt nice to have moral choices that don't occur via dialogue choices and instead through pure gameplay.
>>
>>44699773
Plus the low chaos ending felt like it was Worth all the effort to do it
>>
>>44699283
the Outsider is a Great One that ascended from a mortal using Chords, Whales are normal whales mutated with Kosm's slugs that floated back into the sea, and Corvo is just one in a long line of experiments into fusing great one powers without the use of dreams by the Outsider to partially ascend humans without losing their humanity
>>
>>44699898

Trying to mesh it with Bloodborne, huh? Not bad, not bad. I can see how they would overlap.
>>
File: c2b.png (673 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
c2b.png
673 KB, 680x680
>>44699898
>>
>>44699895
honestly thought the high chaos+living empress ending was "better" The low chaos ending felt so happy it made Corvo seem like some saint who is also a master assassin

also I'm salty I got high chaos from killing weepers. Everything points to there being no chance to save them but they still count towards your kills.
>>
File: 0f9.jpg (62 KB, 500x895) Image search: [Google]
0f9.jpg
62 KB, 500x895
>>44699926
i've been on a bloodborne stint for a while now

can't help it

as for the actual thread topic, loved Dishonored, never finished my ghost no power run
>>
>>44699283
gameplay was fun, but the environment is full of robots pretending to be people, it's off putting. all the animations were eerily stiff and that doesn't look right. At least it makes guards actions and patrols predictable.
>>
>>44699966
so what is insight, and how does it effect a character?
>>
>>44700099
insight is how much inhuman knowledge you now, and that knowledge is to deal with the Great Ones.

the more insight you have, the greater understanding of the universe beyond ours, but this makes you more unstable mentality. in game, this is represented by your frenzy resistance, which lowers with more insight you have.

coincidentally, this also lowers your beasthood the more insight you have.
>>
>>44700099
It's ability to see universe for how it truly is. Basically lovecraftian "stripping the veil before eyes" shit.
>>
>>44700099
>>44700149
That. You also start to see things that "weren't there" before (they were, but you couldn't see them, but they could interact with you. Basically, they could see you, but you couldn't see them). and thanks to this, some enemies actually become stronger, since you can now see what they truly are, they can use this against you (Like the Church Doctors with lanterns).

Honestly, Dishonored and Bloodborne sound pretty good together.
>>
I always thought that the setting, atmosphere and story concept were great but the actual story was implemented badly.
>>
I loved Dishonoured. It felt like fantasy Deus Ex and I hadn't known how much I wanted that until it released. Can't wait for the sequel.
>>
I should play this again. With the DLC.
>>
>>44700451
having just finished the main plot and 10 min of the DLC, the DLC is immediately better.
>>
>>44699555
This wasn't developed by Bethesda. It's published by Bethesda.
>>
>>44699283
This isn't /v/

Fuck off.
>>
>>44700832
Are you seriously saying that if a game is more recent it has no traditional values whatsoever?
>>
>>44699963
But that's the point of the low chaos ending, if you did it right, you wouldn't be a master assassin since you didn't kill anyone (although the twins would probably be better off dead).

That said, the biggest flaw of the game was that all of the "amazing and creative" uses of powers were restricted to killing. There were almost no gadgets that could be used non lethally and spell usage was restricted to just stop time and run.
>>
>>44700946
Blink and possession could still be used to great effect for a pacifist run, but I agree there was just not enough doodads to help make a playthrough without violence quite as interesting. Tense maybe, but once you know how things go, you can kind of just breeze on through without much trouble. Not killing the assassination targets always felt more rewarding though, cause any sod with a rusty shiv and can kill a guy. Branding him a heretic to his own faith and leaving him on the streets like that? perfect.
>>
File: Venom 3.jpg (255 KB, 1000x1250) Image search: [Google]
Venom 3.jpg
255 KB, 1000x1250
>>44699283

It's a pretty neat setting being handled by somewhat incompetent hands. I would love for a game set in Pandyssia, trying to work your way into the heart of the dark continent.

Also, any game that gives you a whole bunch of awesome tools for killing people, but gives you the "bad" ending for using them, is annoying as fuck. I'm not confident that the sequel will have more fun "non-lethal" powers either, especially since it looks like Emily is going to basically be female Venom.

The DLC campaign was pretty good though, so if it's anything near that quality I might buy it later on down the line when it's on sale.
>>
>>44700099
From a story standpoint, it's a form of enlightenment basically and you start to see the world for what it truly is. You'll start seeing ayy lmaos, eyes everywhere, the true nature of beasts, ect.

From a gameplay standpoint, enemies get new movesetsand buffs, your frenzy resistance becomes shit (symbolizing your weakened state of mind upon seeing all this weird shit), and you use it to summon help and purchase certain items.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.