[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Edgelord players severed a woman's spine....wat do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_5662.jpg (681 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5662.jpg
681 KB, 1600x1200
> be running a Savage Worlds campaign
> weird apocalypse like that of Apocalypse World but Apocalypse World sucks
> characters fight group of bandits living in an abandoned hospital
> medicine they need is inside
> "bandits" is perhaps a misnomer, really just a surviving group at war with several other groups in the city
> group is led by ~20 year old woman
> PCs eventually capture her
> PC knocks her unconscious and proceeds to sever her spine
> "roll for healing"
> gets like 3 raises

They have since left the hospital in a truck, she is still with them, tied up and unconscious. Next session she is probably going to wake up. With her spine severed just above the pelvis so she cannot walk or go to the bathroom or anything.

Also from the research I've done she's likely to die a horribly painful death in the next week or so.

What do?
>>
>>44698346
was this an accident or intentional edge
>>
>>44698346
Just remind players that 'oh so edgy' works both ways and make it happen. It's not like word's not going to get around somehow. They'll be like 'WTF DM' the first time one of them gets captured and taken apart and turned into human wreckage. Just remind them that hey, this is how they wanted to play the game.
>>
>>44698645

It was intentional. The guy plans to give this woman a "new life" in the village they are from.

He is not understanding that people barely survive as it is, no one is going to want to care for this bandit girl and she is going to be nothing but a burden even if she does survive.

Nobody wants to clean up after her or push her around in a wheelchair and she cannot farm or do labor so she'll basically be a burden that will be left to die at the earliest opportunity.

>>44698784

I am thinking this will happen, if the PCs are captured by the mega-badasses they are currently fighting (enemies from the edgelord player's backstory). If said badasses capture the party they might execute her first, a la Negan executing Glenn in the the Walking Dead comics.

The edgelord player is actually a pretty cool guy, he just does weird stuff sometimes.
>>
self bump need ideas on where to take this. I have some but they seem kinda lame.
>>
>>44698346
Have her die a horribly painful death in the next week or so.
>>
>>44699487
Let her fucking die. Spinal infection.. Died in her sleep.
Then have the edgy faggot raped. Karma.
>>
Make him clean her shit and while he does that she dies of infection. He'll be gratefull.
>>
>>44698346
If shit like this becomes the norm, send bounty hunters for them. Don't just steamroll them, but gradually work up to where the world-renowned Lord Baltimore type dudes are beginning to show up to catch them pro bono for the good of humanity. And then just run with it.
>>
>>44698346
Give her a fever, keep her asleep but writhing from the waist up. Make the site the grossest medical sounding descriptions you can. Make sure they see her soiling herself (while clothed). Then have her wake up screaming her head off before dying in pain.

Have the screams bring bad guys to them.
>>
>>44699657
This.
>>
>>44698911
why did he think this was a good idea. wait he was drunk wasn't he
>>
>>44698911
>It was intentional. The guy plans to give this woman a "new life" in the village they are from.
Show him the horrific consequences of his actions, so that he can learn to think longer before doing stupid bullshit.
>>
>>44698346
>They have since left the hospital in a truck, she is still with them, tied up and unconscious.
they were stupid to not leave her in the first place or just kill her outright, what a fucking burden.
>>
>>44698346
What's so wrong with maiming an opponent?
Doesn't sound edgy at all really.
>>
>>44698346
So you are saying that they kidnapped this woman and severed her spine and are planning to keep her for a rape slave?

Have people from the hospital (if there are any left) come looking for her, and when they find her, they will swear Vengeance. Either they will do some fucked up shit to the player, or they hire someone else to do it. Kidnap him, break is legs torture him, leave him for dead. Whatever you can think of.

Meanwhile this girl is shitting herself and pissing everywhere, she can become sick, begin to make others sick as well.
>>
>>44698346
>>44698911

You already know what to do, Anon.

She'll be dead in a couple weeks from infection or some other complication.
>>
>>44698346
Not much. She's kinda fucked without some regen.
She could drool and moan I guess.
>>
>>44699657

this is the best because it's what would actually happen
>>
>>44698346
If she shits on the floor, rub her nose in it, and smack her upside the head.
Yell " NO! That's a bad kidnapping victim!!".
>>
You faggots want to get mad at the PC, when cutting NPCs is normal...but don't get mad at the "shitting on the floor" chick?

Wtf?
>>
>>44701155
Now you're just trying to get me excited.
>>
>>44701414
Actually, everything makes me angry. A duckling once waddled up and looked adorably at me. So I stomped on it until it turned into paste. Then I strangled it's mother, and dumped oil in the pond the mother was in.

Fucking ducks.
>>
>>44701473
Anon, that's a natural and normal response. You're fine bro.
>>
>>44698346
That would be the point where I walk away. Possibly after saying what the fuck a dozen or so times.
>>
>>44702698
I know right?
Chicks pissing all over isn't how a game should be.
>>
>>44702698
Alternatively, introduce Brother Thud & The Diesel-Powered Temple Of Heavenly Judgement and have him judge the party guilty and execute them one by one why impaling them up the ass on an artillery cannon before firing it off.
>>
>>44698346
Have her detonate the bomb she had implanted in her gut for just this eventuality, killing everyone.
>>
>>44702847
I like that.
>>
>>44699657

Just look up some actual medical effects of infected wounds and potential side effects of paralysis:

Haemopurulent exudate is odious by nature – it’s sticky and viscous and has a dark red, blood-like color. It contains dead or dying bacteria and tissue as well as inflammatory cells.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressure_ulcer

If you want to make it really vivid google image search Sepsis and any of the above terms.

>>44698346

Have people find her body. PCs get the rep as being these psychotic monsters and keep getting offered baby murder jobs.
>>
The character dying from infection, crying and having a horrible death that potentially makes the PC feel bad seems realistic and reasonable.

IF they left survivors in the hospital AND they could recognize them and persuade them, had the resources to do so, it would also be reasonable that they want revenge, and try to achieve so or hire someone to do so - how many would use resources in a post-apocaliptic world to do so, or how hard would be to find a bounty hunter and hire him, and find the PCs, and how much they would be a challenge depends on the setting and situation about being resonable or not.

Now, this ideias of railroading to make the PCs suffer and horrible attack and determinate their failure just because they broke the backbone of a enemy NPC is just beyond patheic.

It doesn't make sense, it won't be fun to the players. It sound just some kind of childish meta "revenge" from people that doesn't like what they would consider 'edgy', even if perhpas resonable.
I have a hard time trying to imagine the kind of person that would sugest something so pathetic.
>>
>>44703171
>I have a hard time trying to imagine the kind of person that would sugest something so pathetic.
There's quite a few boards filled with people like that, /tg/ being among that lot. Where do you think you are?
>>
>>44703229
I can see there are a lot of people like that, but I guess I have never met one in real life. (Or at least, I din't recognize as being someone like this). So the only thing I know about this people is that they have this strange kind of ideas, and I don't really can picture them as a whole.
>>
>>44698346
>> PC knocks her unconscious and proceeds to sever her spine
>> "roll for healing"
>> gets like 3 raises

3 raises should have her running again. Don't you be the edge lord OP
>>
>>44705709
I think the implication is that he had the character roll healing to properly sever the spine without killing the girl. You clip the spine, or, really, anything in that area, in the wrong way, and it could just instantly kill the person. And there are a whole lot of wrong ways to do it, and not a lot of right ones.
>>
File: dicey-tales-2.png (724 KB, 572x740) Image search: [Google]
dicey-tales-2.png
724 KB, 572x740
>>44706405
Oh he was trying to cripple her?

Yeah not touching that one...
>>
I got the implication that this 'new life' implied he was going to bring the 'bandit' girl back to their camp as a rape slave, since severing someone's spine tends to leave them utterly crippled. You should just have her die slowly due to poor medical care and then give that guy a reputation for barbaric savagery and horrific cruelty.
>>
>>44706529
Yeah. Read >>44698911.

>It was intentional. The guy plans to give this woman a "new life" in the village they are from.

So, the player severed a woman's spine, just above the pelvis, intending to give her a new life that she can't run away from because her legs don't work. In a post-apocalyptic setting. I don't think anyone wants to touch this one. Not with a standard-issue ten foot pole.
>>
Everything above, OP, and also make her curse the character bitterly when she comes to, for turning her into useless mouth to feed that no-one in their right mind would take in.
>>
>>44698346

Have an NPC mercy-kill her, or if a PC is retarded enough to leave her with something that could be the means, there's always suicide.
>>
>>44698346
>>44698346
>Apocalypse World but Apocalypse World sucks

Dungeon world sucks but apocalypse world is okay.
>>
>>44706644
>suicide
>as a tied-up cripple unable to walk

Yeah, no, good luck with that.
>>
>>44707480
Bite off tounge.
>>
>>44707480
Get something sharp (broken glass at a pinch), slash the wrists and/or throat when nobody's around. Her hands still work.
>>
>>44698911
go back in time and tell him this shit and undo the event. the player may be retarded but the pcs should probably REALIZE this.
>>
>>44707480
>cutting
>swallowing poison
>refusing food and water
>mixing cleaning products in an enclosed space
>beating your head against something until death (badasses and the insane only)
>blood loss after biting off tongue
>refusal to clean self/injuries (can quickly result in fatal infection, especially in someone already weakened by amateur surgery and poor living conditions)
>drag self to generator room, close doors, wait for carbon monoxide poisoning
>laying facedown in a puddle (possibly after tying/cuffing hands to prevent reflexive drowning response)

There's a hundred ways to kill yourself without your legs, and they're hardly going to leave her tied up forever.
>>
>>44701473
It's better than if you'd let them live. They might have digivolved into geese, and we don't need any more of those around here.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.