[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beat Cop roleplay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 15
File: moskos_large.jpg (32 KB, 275x286) Image search: [Google]
moskos_large.jpg
32 KB, 275x286
So I suddenly got invited to play a homebrew game with a friend over role20. They agreed to let me play a normal Beat Cop on the hook that I'll probably be way weaker than everyone else or that it'll be boring.

What's something I can do to make the potentially weakest person in the party more flavorful. I'm not actually sure how a Beat Cop would act besides knowing his Beat really well and the people in it.
>>
>>44690981
> I'm not actually sure how a Beat Cop would act besides knowing his Beat really well and the people in it.
Depending on the neighborhood, Beat Cop may be a well-liked, friendly face, a disliked but respected figure who is not to be taken likely, or just like every other thug on the street but with a badge and a paycheck.
>>
Can you tell us anything more about the setting?
>>
Corruption should be like a disease. Once someone starts taking bribes or stealing from scenes or enforcing certain laws to get better commissions, it becomes harder and harder to stay clean. But if you stay completely clean, a bunch of the other cops won't like to walk the beat with you if they have any say in the matter. You gotta walk the blue line delicately.

What are you thinking, anyway? 70s-80s? Modern day? 30s?
>>
>>44691301
Sure thing.

"its a modern setting with a mythos twist set somewhere in north amarica" DM for the game.

He didn't tell me exactly where in America it would be, but he did say things like normal people wouldn't be able to see beyond a veil and that there would be superhuman grown agents to fight the things he had planned.
>>
>>44690981
Arrest the other PCs. Call back up if they resist. Call the domestic terrorists. Have them shipped to Gitmo.
Laugh as they're tortured.
Smile and say " who's underpowered now bitches?".
>>
>>44691349
Don't forget IA breathing down everyone's necks
>>
>>44691373
>somewhere
>amarica
Run
>>
>>44691301
>>44691373

The other characters are probably going to be the DM dubbed "Actors" who are test tube grown super human regularly around 6-7 feet tall with the tallest example being 8 foot 2 and the shortest being 5" 11'.

He says being just a regular human Beat Cop will leave me with little to no stats in his system. Meaning I will die easily.

"Actors are Grown not born so they have the personality flaws and issues of some one that was grown and raised in a lab setting,
they are not recruited as such. also because of how those things beyond the veil work a normal person would probably lack the insight to notice them. as it stands when the company uses human soldiers they are usually professionals with some form of military background who utilize advanced tech to nullify the veil so they can see clearly. non combat roles are professional in some capacity." DM
>>
The rookie cop angle is always good if you want some easy character development. First kill, first time getting shot at, that kind of thing.
>>
>>44691504
Looks like you might be the face bro
>>
File: Ankh-Morpork_City_Watch (1).jpg (33 KB, 278x360) Image search: [Google]
Ankh-Morpork_City_Watch (1).jpg
33 KB, 278x360
I've always been fond of the city watch from the Discworld books for all my beat cop tropes. You should take a look at the wiki on Captain Carrot or Samuel Vimes.
>>
>>44691504
I'd say go for a skill-monkey/party face, maybe, or some other skills that don't require augmentations to bring to the table
>>
I'd say go as the face.

There's no way those idiots are going to be able to be subtle. 8'2"?
That'll draw attention.

Be the face, be the authority that keeps people moving on the street. Be the investigator.

Keep people happy.

Or let them be mad, but be mad at you.
>>
>>44691787
Adding onto this, maybe you could play an older guy, one that knows people pretty well
>>
>>44691935
I'm taking a liking to the idea of this. Is a cop in his 40s too old or reasonable enough?
>>
>>44691504

Sounds like the DM is dicking you over, honestly.

But OK, a cop's gonna know who, what, where, and when on pretty much all the criminal activity in his beat, often more so than the criminals themselves. he's decent with a gun, has some small investigative skills, and when the shit hits the fan he has access to trained detectives and SWAT teams. He knows how to deal with crowds, and can occaisionally get help from averages citizens just from the strength of his badge.

Your role here is to expain things about your neighborhood--and also, human nature--that the vat grown clones wouldn't. Unless as I suspect, your role is to die on the altar of an autistic DM's ego.
>>
>>44692081
Considering starting age in US is 18, a cop in his 40s is most likely going to be an Established Presence, no matter how he's seen.
>>
>>44692081
That sounds good to me
He's too old to get up close and personal, but that wouldn't stop him from pulling a gun on something
>>
>>44692125
>Unless as I suspect, your role is to die on the altar of an autistic DM's ego.
This; will be surprised if OP reports surviving more than one session.
>>
>>44692125
>and when the shit hits the fan he has access to trained detectives and SWAT teams
Man I love the idea of the cop getting all operater'd up for a supernatural raid even if it's just assisting these roid jobs.

C'mon op, show them what a Jim Gordon can do.
>>
>>44692226
>C'mon op, show them what a Jim Gordon can do.
Call Batman?
>>
>>44692125
Alright, I'm going to talk to my DM to see if I can learn more about the setting so I can better play my cop character. He seemed to not want to go too heavily into specifics on where it takes place and stuff so I have no clue if he's going to tell me or not. Or if he wants me to wait until the group is all together before describing the setting more accurately.
>>
>>44691301
>>44692125
>>44692307

It's Alternate Universe 2016.
"notable diffrences are that at the end of '03 a large medical drug firm developed "LIFE" which is something of a miracle drug some of the finer details of which are in the glossary (basically a contrivance for creating a "health potion") Robotics in Tokyo had a major breakthrough in 05 leading to the development of high quality robotic prosthetics as well as true artificial intelligence and robotic development leading to them being catapulted upward in the world economy. too the point that the Japanese Yen is comparable to the US dollar in value China had been undergoing internal turmoil since '03 that came to a boiling point and open civil war in '09 as a substantial portion of the population clamors for government reform too a democracy and in '09 the first wave comes which you will be playing as part of the prologue so you will get a bit of a first hand understanding of what happened there you can decide how much from there your character knows about it" DM
>>
>>44692941
"as of 2013 drug based criminal activity is on its death bed (officially) Pot was legalized and several drug making/refineing labs where found and elimated throughout the City, which I have not yet thought of a name of" DM
>>
>>44692961
"Gang violence and violent crimes however are on the rise. (officially) though some of these supposed gang attacks are unlikely to say the least with victims being bisected or thrown through walls in such cases That company usually shows up and takes over the scene and starts covering up details on what really happened" DM
>>
>>44693116
"if that where not bad enough That Company seems to be involved in some of this "gang violence" ususally signaled by a radio code on a block or address, when this happens police are ordered to patrol around the place and clear out of it totally. you once saw what was going on in those places during the black out.

vans and cars rolled up infront of a building, what looked like a military team got out and five or four others who where around a head taller then some of those military looking types and sometimes even more ridiculously dressed they go into the building with the tall fuckers taking the lead then gunshots then nothing next thing you know they are carting out body bags and by the time the black out is lifted and all personel have left leaving no evidence behind." DM
>>
>>44693191
"after that you had a visit from a suit who not so politely told you to mind your own business if you knew what was good for you.
well its not really being locally produced in particularly large quantity's its still being imported or produced in limited quantitys by "recreational" users. all illegally of course" DM

So from all this I can sort of see the picture. I think I'm supposed to maybe investigate and poke around where I'm not wanted to find out the truth. This doesn't exactly see me with the party who are all going to be these giants that look weird and are super strong. I have no clue how he thinks I'm going to fit in.
>>
File: margie.jpg (95 KB, 900x300) Image search: [Google]
margie.jpg
95 KB, 900x300
>>44692238
>>44692226
Yeah, as much as I like the idea behind Gordon's character, in practice it seems like he does a whole lot of nothing.
I think that pic related would make for better PC inspiration material.
Considering the proto-backstory he seems to have set up for you here >>44693191 and >>44693353 I think you could go far by playing a determined cop with principles.

I have to admit, though, your GM's writing ability does not make me optimistic that this campaign is going to make very much sense.
>>
>>44693377
So far I think I have my own Proto-Character sheet.

I'll be a male 40 something Beat Cop named Martin Kane. Black hair, brown eyed, and clean shaven. Of course I'll probably be wearing my uniform for most of the game which includes the belt with all the police equipment on it. Married to a loving Italian wife by the name of Carmina Amelia Kane. No kids- well maybe but I haven't thought that far yet. Likely to be a determined cop with principles.
>>
>>44692125
>>44693527

So I sent him my character ideas and there's going to be the first session to get used to his homebrew system in which we're going to be swat guys. He had this to say.

"mmkay
just a warning
during the prologue your going to be a generic character who will probably die" DM

I hope he is less certain about deaths later on.
>>
>>44694070
>during the prologue your going to be a generic character who will probably die" DM
Yeah, I don't think your GM is fucking around. It sounds like he likes the idea of having a prologue like that, so I get the impression that if you go through with this, you'll just have to roll a new one right after.
>>
File: James_Gordon_063.jpg (203 KB, 911x910) Image search: [Google]
James_Gordon_063.jpg
203 KB, 911x910
>>44694070
Best of luck, man.

It doesn't sound like it'll go well, but we have to try.
>>
Recognizing people from your beat is essential.
>>
Know the rules.
>>
File: 1421156154118.jpg (87 KB, 770x740) Image search: [Google]
1421156154118.jpg
87 KB, 770x740
But never be caught unawares.
>>
>>44694850
A flow chart would work better than that shit, god damn
Looks like a ghetto Simon Says
>>
File: sydni1_Tony.jpg (76 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
sydni1_Tony.jpg
76 KB, 620x372
>>44695001
It's not immediately intuitive, but it's very informative.

An officer's presence will deal with cooperative persons without needing anything else.

People who are passive-resistant, drunk or angry will need an officer to talk with them, or offer a limited form of soft-physical control. (A compliance grip or a hand on the shoulder leading them away) Depending on how resistant.

Actively resistant-assaultive may need increasingly harder physical control, or intermediate weapons like pepper-spray or tasers.

And only in the case of serious-bodily harm/death (the form possibly leading the latter once an officer is unconscious), is lethal force authorized.

But at all points an officer is present and communicating. Including during lethal force.
>>
File: Columbo vs Mythos.jpg (510 KB, 884x3459) Image search: [Google]
Columbo vs Mythos.jpg
510 KB, 884x3459
>>44690981
take notes.
and be sure to back up all theories with evidence.
>>
>>44691504
Hello SAN bonuses!
>>
>>44690981
Not sure I can help you on flavour, but there are a couple things you can do to maximize effectiveness without being intrinsically powerful.
1. Be extremely cautious and prepare for many eventualities. You can finagle your way into having the right piece of equipment most of the times, but you're not gonna be batman or anything. Amazing what situations you can work your way out of with a flathead screwdriver and a pair of pliers though.
2. Have your network at the ready and don;t be afraid to call back-up. As an officer of the law, you have access to a lot of state resources. Don't be afraid to call on them and don't go in alone.
3. Be clever. That one's on you, mate.
4. When in combat, try to use perception to your advantage, if you can. The enemy cannot hurt what it cannot perceive, no matter how god-like it is.
5. Take hella notes like the other guys said. When you encounter something, have a reference guide you can refer to to cross-reference it to similar encounters; it may help you exploit weaknesses.
6. Don't forget your environment and use it to you advantage.
>>
>>44694599
Game is starting very soon. I'm in a chat with the DM and other players. It doesn't look like a bright future for Mr. Kane the Beat Cop...

From what I've heard so far the DM has a case of easily killing people. The Homebrew system he's using is a mishmash of Darksouls and Bloodborne terms mixed with the space aliens of Bloodborne and the strength levels of superhumans that are aggressive and fight before trying to talk to anything. Seems heavily combat oriented.
>>
>>44695831
>The Homebrew system he's using is a mishmash of Darksouls and Bloodborne terms mixed with the space aliens of Bloodborne and the strength levels of superhumans that are aggressive and fight before trying to talk to anything.
>Seems heavily combat oriented.
HAHA OH MAN you're gonna fucking die OP, whose idea was it to play a normal beat cop
>>
>>44695759
4. When in combat, try to use perception to your advantage, if you can. The enemy cannot hurt what it cannot perceive, no matter how god-like it is.

I remember the DM saying distinctly that regular humans won't be able to perceive
the aliens or enemy unless they get Insight and some other stuff that's only really available to the "Actors" or Superhumans.

>>44695875
It was my friend Victor's idea. He never said anything about fucking what the DM is talking about. "Normal DnD game set in current day." That's all he said.
>>
>>44695875
What really sucks is I'm only learning this now instead of before when I was first invited to the game.
>>
File: 1438382297-ch_19_713.jpg (419 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1438382297-ch_19_713.jpg
419 KB, 600x900
>>44695926
You may want to try going as a Majestic 12/Man in Black/etc member.

Highly trained, maybe a little augmented, well equipped, but not necessarily a super human, originally a normal cop/fbi agent. Capable in combat, but with some authority behind them.
>>
>>44696040
I think I'm going to try and survive as Martin Kane. If I die I'll try that. Maybe pick some of the more broken homebrew stuff. Dm seems a bit insane. He's playing with a shotgun in his room right now.
>>
>>44695986
>>44695926
You've got to talk to Victor about this. He left out a huge chunk of information that makes it basically impossible to play the way you want to play. It's not that what you want to play is wrong - it's that it's wrong for the setting, but you didn't know that because you didn't have the right info.
Even giving Victor the benefit of the doubt, that's some serious negligence there. This is like being told "it's like Pokemon" but really it's Monster Hunter.
>>
File: 1444186410886.jpg (182 KB, 451x753) Image search: [Google]
1444186410886.jpg
182 KB, 451x753
>>44696116
Huh.

You could just not.

I mean, it's an option. Rather than doing that game, just don't!
>>
>>44696116
>He's playing with a shotgun in his room right now.
I really hope that's just how you put it and not what he's actually doing. I wouldn't trust anybody who does things with guns that could be described as "playing"
>>
File: 1444946952549.jpg (215 KB, 944x1254) Image search: [Google]
1444946952549.jpg
215 KB, 944x1254
>>44696116
There's a reason /tg/ and /k/ are separate.
>>
>>44696172
No I'm serious. He's trying to cock the gun with one hand.

>>44696135
I'm talking to Vic about this now.
>>
>>44696141
I'm waiting to see how this plays out. Depending on how things work I might do just that and go back to my old group who I know is good and is running a new game soon.
>>
File: 1412482454650.jpg (68 KB, 480x446) Image search: [Google]
1412482454650.jpg
68 KB, 480x446
>>44696250
>He's trying to cock the gun with one hand.
This can damage the shotgun. Fucking dipshits trying to copy hollywood movies. He's gonna wind up hurting himself.
>>
>>44696040
>>44696116
>Martin Kane dies first mission
>almost
>comes back as a robocop expy in the employ of the shadow org he was trying to infiltrate in the first place; they promise to waive the money for his life-saving augments if he works for them
fund it
>>
>>44696250
He needs to not do that. That shit is dangerous t him and the gun
>>
File: PCs get disguises.gif (5 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
PCs get disguises.gif
5 MB, 400x225
set it in occupied France
>>
>>44694148
That's not a bad idea if a player and a GM can work together. Rolling a new character fairly regularly because you're too weak might be fun, allowing the player in control of the continuously dying Beat Cops to try new character types, roles and builds. You could conceivably play all the Beat Cop archetypes in this post>>44691270 within a few sessions if everyone cooperates. Then again, you might as well just have the GM play the Beat Cops as npcs. Still not a bad idea if you can pull it off.
>>
>>44692226

Someone hasn't read the Dresden Files.
>>
>>44699565
>C'mon op, show them what a Jim Gordon can do.
>Someone hasn't read the Dresden Files.
Murphy is probably the most irresponsible people in the Dresden Files. She has literally no business going with Dresden on any of his escapades, but she has to because her threefold little-man complex says so. Dresden know these threats, he knows how powerful they are, he knows how powerful Murphy is. Murphy only knows one of those facts, and yet she doesn't trust Dresden to know when it's a bad idea for her to get involved. I mean come on, imagine if her leg hadn't been busted in Summer Knight and she'd insisted on fighting in the battle for the Stone Table. Imagine if they'd gone to take back Molly from Arctis Tor and it hadn't been ransacked by one or more Denarians. Imagine if she'd gone into Chichen Itza and her heart hadn't been in the right place and Fidellachius had been lost as was the case in Skin Game. Training and skill isn't everything. Sometimes it's barely something.
And it's not that she's weak either, it's that she's only strong enough to deal with, say, ghouls and vampires. She can kill a Red no problem, don't think she's ever actually seen a Black, and one (1) White playing conservatively was enough to completely dominate her. The only reason she came out of the Raith Deeps alive is because Dresden was there.
In fact, this is why I believe Murphy won't survive Peace Talks
Susan is a close second, and I'm more than a little pissed that not once did she apologize for all the hurt she ended up putting Dresden through because she wanted a career bump and he didn't want her to get eaten by vampires. Elaine may be damaged goods, but Susan is worst girl by a mile. There is no best girl because there's no way Dresden's ever having a lasting relationship; Molly's close, I guess
>>
>>44699907
>Spoilers
Why does it hurt, anon? Why can't Harry be happy?
>>
Well, he'll know if anything's strange on his blocks. People in the area he patrols will be more willing to talk to him. He might care about the people he protects on a more personal level and thus be more driven to protect them. He knows a little about local criminality, which might be involved with smuggling occult stuff.
>>
>>44700122
>second spoiler
Because Murphy's little man complex will lead her to 1) finally seek out magic as a source of power, even with the Einerjaren she hadn't done that but she's desperate because she'll never reach full mobility ever again, and 2) she'll insist on following Dresden into nightmarish dangers and this time she'll be going out in a body bag, and Dresden will blame himself for it.
also she's like 42 now, so they will talk about kids and there will be some medical realities to that
>third spoiler
Because he's Peter Parker. If Peter Parker is happy, the story isn't over. Molly's the closest one to actually being with him, and that's pretty much only because Elaine would never expose herself to the Council and she and Molly are the only ones with comparable lifespans.
By the by...
>that moment in Grave Peril where the Leanansidhe offers to take Michael's firstborn in exchange for Amorrachius
>Molly still has to tell Michael that she's the Winter Lady
>in the meantime Michael thinks Molly and Dresden finally hooked up; not entirely sure he's okay with it, still has to tell Charity about that
Fucking Butcher
>>
>>44691373
makes me think of the Dresden Files series, where the cops who are supposed to deal with supernatural cases get armed with knowledge to fight the supernatural with the help of a wizard. Murphey never seems less than Harry in my opinion, she at one point takes down an Ent like being with a chainsaw. and in the first story written, a short story, not Storm Front, she choked a Troll with her nightstick
>>
>>44700445
>Murphey never seems less than Harry in my opinion, she at one point takes down an Ent like being with a chainsaw. and in the first story written, a short story, not Storm Front, she choked a Troll with her nightstick
That's because she trains harder than anyone who has ever trained before because of backstory reasons - the aforementioned threefold little-man complex.
>small person fighting bigger people
>lady cop among the rest of the force
>mundane among supernatural
Imagine how awful it must have been for Murphy to find out that all her hard work training her skill in firearms, making herself faster, more accurate, making her literally the best mortal shot around, didn't mean shit because a big goofy seemingly autistic magic nerd in a dumb coat with dumber jokes had been stopping bullets since before he'd even met her.
>>
>>44699907
and now I see someone else got to it first, ok. Seconded to cut my other post short
>>
>>44700541
understandable.
>>
Bump for beat cop
>>
>>44696341
Alright the first session ended. It was all combat. Barely any role playing except what I forced into the game.

In order to get us used to his homebrew we started out as level 0 humans. We were part of a SWAT team that were supposed to go into this UNI to take out these terrorists that had the students held up inside. I didn't start as Martin, but rather Jeremy Shingles a black male in his late 20s who lived the thug lyfe until he found god. Then he stopped all that and joined SWAT to help people. Our team of 5 were given a very iffy briefing saying things like all the electricity was cut from the area. We have no vision through the cameras because of this. Also there is something blocking thermal vision and our choppers in the air suddenly went away. As in they were there one moment and gone the next.

One guy was given a breaching shotgun. Another a Riot taser attachment. And one a medic kit. We all had 5 non-lethal grenades and helmets with vests. For our main weapons we has assault carbines with 30 round clips. We got infinite base ammo to pull from for this session.

So the base campus was in the shape of a Triangle and the top was a upside down U. The U building is where anything interesting happens. There's literally nothing in any other building even though we search them all.

So we enter the left side of the U and there's nothing on the first floor. There's some stairs up- so up we go. From here we check each room as we move down this straight away that goes way past where the other half of the U is. We can tell it shouldn't go like that since there isn't a bridge between the two halves of the U. There's a little boy dribbling a b-ball at one end of the hall. Once he sees us he runs away.

We enter a lecture hall on the left. First room on our left actually and we see a body in the center of the room. No blood. Two doors on either wall on the opposite of where we entered. I checked both- locked.
>>
>>44703266
I had taken charge of the group and directed them where to go and what to do since most of them stood around doing nothing half the time.
Had this girl named Grey watch our 6.
Also had Bishop watch our front.
One dude named Shandles checked the body.
Kusanagi held the door where we came in.
I heard Bishop tell someone to stop, so I go back to the hall and see the kid again. The kid is being weird so I tell him I’m not about that lyfe and to put his hands on his head while moving to get on the ground. The kid laughs creepily.
Meanwhile in the lecture hall the body Shandles was messing with turned into a resident evil monster zombie and engaged the poor fucker in melee.
Shandles lost an arm. Kusanagi ran from the room.
I saw the boy turn into one too and ordered the retreat. After all we were sent to deal with terrorists not this shit. Any info we could give our superiors would be better than dying trying to fight this.
Group holds ground in combat while trying to move towards stairs where we came.
I was the only one even remotely close to the stairs since I had my turn and used it to retreat.

I hear sounds from the stairs as even more monsters come down the hall where the boy came from. We’re pretty much screwed. I retreat in the opposite direction and tell the team to get inside the room we’ve previously cleared.
While I was running around Kusanagi managed to blow one’s head off with the breaching shotgun. Grey had patched up Shandles so he wasn’t bleeding out everywhere, and Bishop and I had stunned the two groups of zomboids by throwing our nades at them.

Once the whole group was in the room we barricaded it. We thought about our options and decided to descend a floor through the window. The group decides I am the strongest since I grew up on the streets and has me hoist them all down. Then they use a table down there for me to land on and they counterbalance it.

Then the zombos break through the barricade we set up on the floor above us.
>>
>>44703290
They couldn’t reach us however. I check the room first to make sure we’re clear and then we move to the hall. Only one zombo here, but then again it only took one to take Shandles’ arm off. I approach slowly and take it out in one go since it doesn’t notice me. We learn that they aren’t that perceptive.

We continue moving until we reach an outside area. We sort of recognize it as where the courtyard of the Uni is. We also see a tank that’s been impaled by a spike of earth. Just as we’re about to escape the DM introduces this 2 story tall tripod monster with tentacles coming off its head. One of the players had fought it before and it total party wiped them.

I forgot to mention anytime the DM introduced a new enemy or just more of the same he would giggle madly like a child playing with his toys. He fully expected us to die much earlier than this. We probably would have if I wasn’t there.

We all take sanity losses from seeing this beast.
This merely makes Jeremy go into full bible verse repeating mode as he worked to fel the demonic beast.

So I check out the tank and see that it’s still usable. While I have the other run flank to distract it I hop inside and turn the tank on. Since I don’t know how to use it yet it takes a full turn before I am allowed to fire. The entirety of my group’s turns I am shouting words of God at them to help them keep what little sanity they have left and to be able to fight.

So we fight and the beast summons up more spears of the earth. Luckily it misses everyone. For if it was able to pierce a tank whoever it were to hit would surely be dead. Shangles the 1 armed bastard is the one who’s able to run the flank the furthest. Kusanagi and Grey stay back mostly. Kusanagi does it more out of his character’s cowardice since he had ooc fought this thing before.
>>
>>44703312
So while the team is flanking they’re also throwing everything they have at this fucker. Grenades and bullets. This weakens it little, but we know it can be hurt.

Then the gun is finally able to be fired. With a quote on strength I line up the shot and fire. Not only did it hit, but it hit through the spears of earth that had risen through the ground and knocked the beast to the ground.

It landed right next to Shandles who proceeded to make the brave decision to stand his ground and finish it off rather than escape its melee range.

He point blank unloads with his remaining arm and crits dealing max damage and killing it.

The DM is stunned. The group is cheering. I am thanking the Lord for his help in guiding my shot. (The DM never gave me any bonuses for putting in the extra work of actually being the only one to roleplay either)
>>
>>44703337
The DM then gives a speech about how we’re later all killed anyway.

As a final (In my opinion “fuck you”) he offers to turn all the human SWAT members that had survived into his “Actors” I had previously mentioned. He really had a hard on for the super human soldier thing he wanted us to play as so badly. That’s why he wanted us to play as human first so we’d see how weak we were and then would choose to play as his “Actors” so we wouldn’t die in his games.

And so ended the session.
>>
>>44703355
Yeah I think this is the part where you don't come back. The GM seems like the type who believes his job is to kill the PCs, and then justifies it with the supersoldier thing.
Also, all combat? That's nuts.
>>
>>44703355
Tell GM to screw himself, and try to take on the horrors he has as regular humans, even if you have to keep rolling new characters. That combat says way fun, even if no on roleplayed.
>>
>>44704459
I'm honestly considering not going back. The group comp was okay but a little cringe at first. They joked about things that reminded me of my first DnD experiences in Highschool where the entire party would end up raped- participating in rape on a party member- or some other juvenile thing.

I'm super happy they just listened to Jeremy Shingles' commands when he told them what to do and we all survived because of it. Well until the DM killed us with his speech at the very end.

Plus the DM is grating. He seems like a new DM who plays video games and thinks, "Oh my god this Blood Tinge and Blood mechanic I should totally put this in my game! And if I do that then I have to have Insight! Oh and Humanity too! This'll be awesome! DnD is all about combat!"

I remember bringing up the combat heaviness and the DM said, "This is DnD. You can't play it without avoiding combat."
>>
>>44704640
It's not even D&D though!
>>
>>44704640
I would advise to tell the DM you don't want to play, simply because there's no point when he has shown at any time he'll just declares your characterd die offscreen.

What's the point of playing if at the end no matter what your character does he can just get written off with a little speech at the end of a session?
>>
>>44704640
I'm off to work. Thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to use it in a different game where I can actually roleplay a beat cop.
>>
>>44704640
>"This is DnD. You can't play it without avoiding combat."
avoid at all costs. Big choo choo, slash slash, ahead.
>>
>>44703355
Sounds like a shit game, GM, and group to be honest.

>heavy emphasis on combat to the point where you're the only one actually roleplaying
>get punished for rolling well enough to derail a pointless "YOU DIED" train
>GM himself sounds like an overgrown child with a penchant for "No you can't do that because my cape is made of super mega titanium diamonds!"

And aside from that, this guy sounds the countless Soulsfags on my college campus who can't get through a single day without going on about how Bloodborne and Dark Souls are the best games ever. He likely completely misunderstands the point of the constant deaths, thinking it's to make the game genuinely hard rather than padding out length by effectively making you run an obstacle course full of hidden shit that kills you in one hit.
>>
>>44692961
>drug based activity is on it's deathbed
>because pot was legalised
At least that "officially" was added in because I nearly died laughing at this.
>>
>>44704640
Yeah it sounds like there's basically nothing there for you
Funny thing is if you leave, it'll most likely be spun later on into you being That Guy and someone posting the "real" story here
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.