[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG casual general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 15
File: en_O2LJYfrbw8.png (174 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
en_O2LJYfrbw8.png
174 KB, 265x370
ITT the best way to play MTG

>Favorite casual deck?
>Most ridiculous play you've ever seen pulled off?
>any weird homebrew formats your group plays?
>Thoughts on Oath of the Gatewatch cards for your kitchen table decks?
>>
>>44660388
>>Favorite casual deck?
Goblins
>>Most ridiculous play you've ever seen pulled off?
I'm new, so my favorite thing so far has been watching a guy kill all of his own shit on opponent's EOT, then pull the last suspend counter off of Living End
>>any weird homebrew formats your group plays?
This one time we played Two-Headed Dragon. Which is basically 2HG except everyone plays 2 decks at once. In a 4-player match. It's as awful as you would think
>>Thoughts on Oath of the Gatewatch cards for your kitchen table decks?
Dark-Dwellers looks rad, as does Stormchaser, but I'm an Izzetfag so I like things that interact with me spellslinging
>>
>>44660388
What the fuck? Isn't this just (3)?
>>
>>44661363
No, but there are so many things that produce colorless mana that it should never be a problem
>>
File: a20160110.jpg (301 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
a20160110.jpg
301 KB, 1024x1024
>>44660388
>best way to play MTG
At the kitchen table.

Spoiler thread?
>>
>>44661363
The 2 can be paid with any mana, the asshole symbol *must* be paid with a mana source that is colorless.
>>
>>44661381
Is Scavenging Ooze getting reprinted
>>
>Favorite casual deck?
My BUG deck that is a UB draft deck, smashed into a GB draft deck, with a bunch of cards from my collection added in. Graveyard theme, almost entirely 1 or 2 ofs, so much fun.
Nothing in casual, a lot in our EDH decks, but that's for another thread.
We love Cowboy, Planechase, Archenemy, and Supervillain Showdown. I'm trying to push Emperor but they won't bite.
Some could be well utilized, most will be ignored.
>>
>>44660388
>Favorite casual deck?
Elephant Tribal.
Not much, I once Plasm Capture'd someone's CMC 18 Comet Storm, then used that mana to produce 9 ludicrously large Oozes. That was fun.
Nope.
Other than making me want to make a Superfriends deck? Not much.
>>
>>44661403

Seems not worth it.
>>
>>44662863
Considering how artifacts before Zendicar produced assloads of colorless mana already, its really only Zendicar relevant, because wizards had a lobotomy and decided to shit out so much land smoothing/color fixing, and mana accelerant, ?therefore colorless has to be important?
At least they finally differentiated Generic mana and colorless mana with a symbol, They just made the symbol suck

Remember "Colorless is Important" is just "Artifacts are Important: Lite, Lobotomy Edition"

Seriously the way WOtC handled Eldrazi is tragic
They should never had Creature Cards, and only ever referenced indirectly
Eldrazi threats should have been combo win conditions, or alt win conditions, not "Timmy: the card"
Eldrich Horror Terrors are not physical threats dammit, and certainly not PHYSICALLY BEATABLE
Hell I assumed the hedrons where just really effective puzzles, and the Eldrazi had the worst kind of OCD and had to solve them all, so it was really a "slow them down" tactic
>>
>>44662999
>but my headcanon!
>>
>>44663039
Sorry I find physical Eldrazi boner killing, and exactly opposite cosmic horror
>>
>>44663052
Yeah, because Cthulhu wasn't a physical entity.
Nor were the rest of them when they decided to come to Earth.
>>
>>44663312
Cthulhu was beaten by a boat, while not paying attention.
Just as boner killing
Also he was a silly one, and just the widest known

One didn't even come to earth he just used some inbred hick bitch till she went insane and birthed invisible sons.

The crawling chaos lived beyond Kadath which is in the dream realm

Insmouth people where a breeding program, and their respective god wasn't a horror-terror
>>
>Favorite casual deck?
I have three. A high tide deck featuring echo mage, cast through time and time stretch; A colorless tron deck with the 8post thrown in; And an OG eldrazi deck foiled out
The previously mentioned high tide deck managed to combo and net me 84 extra turns and a bazillion echo mages cause of rite of replication
Fuck no
I'm the only one who cares enough to check spoilers and I have a ticket on the hype train
>>
Is it wrong that I play Legacy decks at the kitchen table? One is the most hated deck in the group ( stax ), and the other is laughed at ( dredge ).
>>
File: isolationzone[1].jpg (45 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
isolationzone[1].jpg
45 KB, 265x370
I have to ask the question because I'm literally fucking retarded

So if my opponent Isolation Zone's my shit, it's exiled until Isolation Zone leaves the battlefield. But if I Isolation Zone their Isolation Zone, then then their Isolation Zone would be exiled, and thus have left the battlefield right?
>>
>>44663370
Cthulu was HIT by a boat, went "hey what the fuck?" and left of his own accord because fuck getting hit with boats for no reason.

Also, Azzazzoth>Cthulu
>>
>>44663705
Yes? That's half of why it's worded that way, the other is to prevent permanent exile via shenanigans.
>>
>>44663705
yes

But it's shit
>>
>>44664289
it's hard removal at common, of course it's shit but it's needed for limited
>>
>>44661403
>The 2 can be paid with any mana, the asshole symbol *must* be paid with a mana source that is colorless.
What? No, this isn't snow mana. It must be paid with colorless mana, it doesn't check the source for anything
>>
>>44661403
>*must* be paid with a mana source that is colorless.

That would mean that you could pay it with every land (since they are colorless) but that's wrong.
>>
>>44661363

2 GENERIC MANA OF ANY KIND

and

1 COLORLESS MANA
>>
>>44663312

In Magic terms Cthulhu is more like an Arbor Colossus than an eldrazi, big and difficult for normal humans to deal with but without any significant role to play in anything or any advantages other than strength. He's the poster child for the mythos for some reason but he's basically as much of a nobody as us.

A 12/12 Yog-Sothoth would be an insult but that's essentially what they decided to do, because obviously six knights should be able to slay sentient space-time.
>>
>>44660388
I haven't really had opportunities to play some casual MTG in a while. My group disbanded, and my current group is more focused on EDH.

>Favorite casual deck?
My America deck. Aside from the color identity, it is a human soldier tribal deck with some eagles and explosions thrown in for good measure. Fun times.
Nothing memorable, unfortunately.
I came up with a format that was a mix of Emperor and Archenemy, but we never had six people available to try it out. Another one I've been wanting to try out is based off the old stories a friend told me. They used to play games with huge libraries and 200 life, and then had to argue with each other about how cards worked since the Internet wasn't easily accessible.
None really appeal to me. My kitchen table decks don't really need to be modified, so I'm mostly noticing a couple of cards for my EDH decks. Stormchaser Mage looks really awesome, though.
>>
Putting together a casual BUG delver list and I'm trying to think of creatures like quirion dryad that have a synergy with the high spell count. I've considered young pyro but I can't afford the manafixing to make 4 color work. Any ideas?

The decklist so far:
Creatures (14)
4xDelver of Secrets
2xDimir Infiltrator
2xGurmag Angler
3xQuirion Dryad
3xWoodland Wanderer

Sorceries (4)
4xPreordain

Instants (18)
4xAgony Warp
4xCounterspell
2xDoom Blade
4xMana Leak
2xSultai Charm
2xThought Scour
Artifacts (2)
2xRunechanter's Pike

Land (22)
6xForest
6xIsland
4xOpulent Palace
6xSwamp
>>
File: Image.png (137 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
137 KB, 223x310
>>44660388
>Favorite casual deck?
Shitty homebrew Green/Red ramp deck
Got 3 Phyotitans out at once, each 'regenerating' on different turns
Once did it so we choose our starting hands then shuffled. Never again.
Sure?
>>
File: Magnivore 001 (Large).jpg (337 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Magnivore 001 (Large).jpg
337 KB, 1024x768
honk honk
>>
>>44660388
I play a RW Ally Standard deck, with Lantern Scout, Makindi Patrol and Hero of Goma Fada that allows me to gain a lot of life while attacking without any risks, Munda keeps drawing allys for aggro. I get brutally raped against heavy creature removal, I'm trying to work on that.

Not really, I'm quite new. I just moved and i still have to visit the local store to find people to play.

>still no flash ally
C'mon WotC.
>>
>>44664320

>only low power limited is acceptable

Maro please go.
>>
>>44660388
>>Favorite casual deck?
Straight red goblins with tokens and enchant shit
>>Most ridiculous play you've ever seen pulled off?
Two different ones. Shivan dragon on turn three and 6/6 demons on turn two or worse depending on how he plays it
>>any weird homebrew formats your group plays?
Not really.
>>Thoughts on Oath of the Gatewatch cards for your kitchen table decks?
Not really. I dont have anyone to play with anymore really.
>>
>>44661341
My brethren of a darker color.
Forgot that part.
>>44664763
>>
>>44662999
The way WOtC handled Eldrazi IS tragic but for the reasons you think it is.

What's tragic about it is not that there are big Eldrazi creatures, there were since forever, that was actually the distinguishing factor of Eldrazi, that they re incredibly vast in power and scope, so much so that you are building an entire deck around summponing one of the Titans and if you manage that, you pretty much won the game. Their sheer overwhelming presence was enough to carry you but you had to work hard to be able to summon them.

And sure, they could be destroyed, but that's just a physical shell they assume to interact within the multiverse, in their own plane of existance they are much like natural forces- gravity, entrophy and magnetism (Kozilek, Emrakul and Ulamog respectively), so it's not like you;re ever capable of "killing" an Eldrazi, it's like trying to kill Gravity. You CAN kill and avatar of gravity, that's the best you could do.

What's tragic about them is that they turned from immesurably vast cosmic horrors with incomprehensible minds... Into large tentacly monsters breeding a lot of small tentacly critters that work in swarms.

The whole thing is backwards, the Eldrazi themsevles should never have been given direct agency, what should have happened is what happened with phyrexia- different colours exhibitting different virtues of the plane. So black cards that are based around idea of cults of destruction that try to summon the eldrazi through sacrifice and schemes just so they can ramage. Blue cards based around the udea of trying to control the Eldrazi and using the Titans themsevles as proxies. Red cards based around the idea of sheer respect and admiration for the pure destructive power these beings possess. White cards trying to redeem the Eldrazi and use them for the fight against darkness. And of course green cards just treating Eldrazi as a part of natural order in a twitsed dellusion, you know, JUST LIKE ACUTAL ZENDIKARI ANIMISTS BELIEVED.
>>
>>44664657
Oldschool Wildfire. I remember when this deck was standard-legal. Good times were had.
>>
>>44663370
Yes, because your dumb ass has a way to deal with Yog Sothoth.
>>
>>44664896
I don't mind being able to make a tribal Eldrazi deck, but you made some really good points and a good idea at that. I would have quite liked that approach!
>>
>>44663312
>>44663370
>>44664090
In most versions of the mythos, Cthulhu is one of the weakest elder gods out there, and the actual weakest in some.

Also in some versions, Cthulhu is on earth because he's literally hiding from someone/something else.

Point is, Cthulhu be a broke-ass hoe what can't get no cheese whiz from a dolla store, so bitch nigga be slingin' dope to the kids to make a buck.
>>
>>44665330
There could still be some tribal elements to it, because cards like All is Dust, Titan's Presence and Complete Disregard are very thematic to the way Eldrazi operate. And although I don't like the idea of Devoid, I think the very premise behind it is idootic, a card that has a mana symbol in it's cost is of that colou-r, full stop, end of discussion (just slapping a keyword on the card doesn't make it stop being that color(, the idea that some Eldrazi spells have to be paid with specific mana isn't in itself bad as long as those are noncreature spells and it's obvious that those are the result of lesser planar beings trying to emulate or call the power of the Titans.

And besides there is a lot of the design space within the Ally emchanics. There is hundreads of different Ally possibilties- Kor Allies, Dimir Allies, Warrior Allies, Vampire Allies, Human Allies, elemental Allies etc. Why are there no Eldrazi allies? You'd think that given that these creature are revered as deities in the lore would mean there would be actual cults of them, there would be mortal folllowers and people trying to summon them, so why aren't there?

And going off of it, it would even potentially open up the doors for pro-Eldrazi planeswalkers that would maybe interact with colorless creatures and spells. I'm thinking of something like "+1 -reveal a card from your hand. This card becomes colorless (any mana symbol in it's cost becomes 1 of any color)", "-2 -look at the top 7 cards of your Library. If there is a colorless card among them, you may reveal it and put it into your hand" and "-6 - search your Library for a colorless card, reveal it and put it on the Battlefield. It cannot be countered".

Now I have little experience doing card-design, but isn't that already much more interesting than what we got?
>>
>>44665535
Like, the biggest issue with the Eldrazi is that they are missmanaged. They were irst imagines as these impossibly vast cosmic horrors, nigh unstopable titans of distruction, whose thought fo genocide are beyond human understanding and then they were used for the most boring, lame-ass standard "the Titans are breaking out, we need to assemble to stop them" story. They are a perfect example of how to NOT use your cosmic horror gods, whoever was in charge of that simply did not udnerstand what Eldrazi ARE.
>>
>>44664623
I prefer playing as few cards that don't flip delver as possible. My modern delver has 12 creatures and 21 lands and those numbers too high.

Just Opulent palaces aren't enough fixing for you. I'd replace some Forests and Swamps with comes-into-play-tapped duals since you only need blue mana on turn one.
>>
The Eldrazi never seemed that close to Lovecraft's creatures in my book, just shared a superficial characteristics.

They're closer to Warcraft's demons. Beings that exist in the in-between and controll meat puppets on our world to do whatever they do.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 223x310
how do I use this properly?
>>
>>44670102
Step 1. Look up all the loci and cards that interact with them
Step 2. Use your brain, the synergies are obvious
>>
File: MUDNew 001 (Large).jpg (763 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
MUDNew 001 (Large).jpg
763 KB, 2304x1728
>>44670102
BEEP
BOOP
DESTROY ALL HUMANS
>>
>>44670102
With Vesuva, Thespian's Stage and Glimmerpost.
>>
>>44663705

did they think oblivion ring was too powerful?
>>
>>44670427
Sometimes standards have shitty versions of staples in them. I remember when red burn spells were disgustingly weak in a block.
>>
>>44670349

Kinda surprised with how much mana you can pump out and how you have a few untap tricks you don't run a Hangarback in that deck.
>>
>>44664896
That is literally what I said you dipshit
>>
>>44670799
When you said that the eldrazi shouldn;t be physical threats that shouldn't be physically betaable, I assume dyou mean there should be no Eldrazi creatures. I disagree, I think there should be, they should even be possible to remove. I don't really like the idea of, say an Edlrazi tribal sorcery cards that says "if x and y z you win the game". I think the Eldrazi are much mroe visceral and scary if they can actually be physically summoned, it creates this feeling of actual interaction with something so impossibly powerful. You don't really "feel" the impact of a "if x you win" button, but Kozilek entering the Battlefield? Oh yeah, you feel THAT.
>>
File: 1444658037383.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2160) Image search: [Google]
1444658037383.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2160
>>44670490
at the time of the picture being taken, Hangarback didn't even exist.
>>
>>44670888
>I assume dyou mean there should be no Eldrazi creatures.

I meant The titans
Your assumption was stupid
There where plenty of minion creatures in cosmic horror

> I don't really like the idea of, say an Edlrazi tribal sorcery cards that says "if x and y z you win the game"
How stupid are you?
Thats not a combo win, WotC/Maro hates combo win with a passion, AND they are doing exactly that Alt win in this new set with the blue heron alignment, so you're also ignorant

> I think the Eldrazi are much mroe visceral and scary if they can actually be physically summoned
You are a dipshit who doesn't understand cosmic horror, and would be one of the first to be consumed by an actual cosmic horror

Stupid on all accounts
You are "Timmy: the Anon"
>>
>>44670467
Yes, I too remember "Battle for Zendikar", one of Wizard's most ancient mistakes.
>>
I like the ideas here of the Eldrazi being more nebulous, unknowable and unseen. But that's mostly because I liked the Adventure World aspect of Zendikar, and am really annoyed how quickly they threw that away.
>>
File: 1335471341410.jpg (105 KB, 1029x816) Image search: [Google]
1335471341410.jpg
105 KB, 1029x816
>>44671293
>Allies started out as an adventure party going on a quest
>now it's just buffs

I miss the Quest enchantments too. And the Traps
>>
>>44660388

>Favorite casual deck
simic counters, nothing more satisfying than putting over 5 counters on any creature that comes out, then DOUBLING IT!

>Most ridiculous play you've ever pulled off
on turn 4 I once had a friend of mine take over 90 damage just from discarding

>any weird homebrew formats your group plays
attack the castle, pretty much a 3v2, but if the 2 dies off, then the three are in a free for all.

>thoughts on Oath of the Gatewatch cards for your kitchen table deck.
haven't seen nuthn yet.
>>
>>44671382
Aw man, I forgot about quests and traps. There's like next to no chance of either making a comeback.
>>
I hardcasted this
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 223x310
>>44671499
might as well just cast this at that point
>>
>>44670991
>There where plenty of minion creatures in cosmic horror

So wait, you're telling me that you liked the idea of the eldrazi brood but didn;t like the idea of Eldrazi Titans? Ok, you're a special kind of retard. With my assumptions I've given you at least SOME credit.

>Thats not a combo win, WotC/Maro hates combo win with a passion, AND they are doing exactly that Alt win in this new set with the blue heron alignment, so you're also ignorant

Which is what I said I didn't like so I don't understand what you're barking about? Combos are uninteractive and the alt win conditions simply do fit the eldrazi aethetic.

>You are a dipshit who doesn't understand cosmic horror, and would be one of the first to be consumed by an actual cosmic horror

I know that I cannot be bothered to feel scared of something that has no weight to it at all.

But ok, since you're so well versed in cosmic horror, how would you make the eldrazi work? How would you make the cards evocative of what you consider cosmic horror to be?
>>
>>44671426
Shit sucks, man. Zendikar as the ADVENTURE dungeon-crawling plane is gone, I hope we get something that replaces it
>>
>>44671382
Motherfucking TRAPS.
Those were my jam.
>>
>>44672092
You are the reason Mtg became "Creatures the Wordening"

> I said I didn't like
so no one likes WotC's decisions

>So wait, you're telling me that you liked the idea of the eldrazi brood
No, you ave no reading comprehension, the TITANS THEMSELVES SHOULD NOT BE CORPOREAL
Several minion monsters in the lovecraftian vein where still massive
For example, Have you ever read any of the Hellboy universe?

>how would you make the eldrazi work?
now you reveal yourself
you didn't read anyone else's posts, and you didn't even read your own

a short list, for the Titans attributes includes:
Indirect reference
Unbeatable/Inevitable
Incorporeal
Inescapable

therefore
Make cards that indirectly reference them, Win games, and are hard to impossible to counter(literally and figuratively),
and i'm not even a fucking blue player

In short they should have made eldrazi cards in the set clearly broken, and then retconned those cards by making them with non standard card boarders (like silver and gold boarders)
>>
>>44671382
I FUCKING LOVE THE QUEST ENCHANTMENTS

So much flavor, holy shit. I have an Ula's Temple deck that's so much fun at the kitchen table
>>
>>44661381
What the fuck is that? Frozen boogers?
>>
>>44672387
If we did, Wizards would probably find another way to ruin it before the block is done.
>>
>>44672387
Zendikar being the Dungeon Crawl plane was the reason I loved the original Zendikar so much, and they just chucked it all out the window.
>>
>>44672489
Yeah, no, I don't think somebody who honestly wants WOtC to release broken cards just because he thinks it fits his idea of what comsic horror constitutes of is worth taking seriously.

Eldrazi have to be playable. While I liked cards like Suffer the Past I considered them to be a prelude to one of the Titans actually coming down, because if you don't have the actual Eldrazi actually interact with the world then there is no punchline to the setup. You don't win with Eldrazi, you win with things referncing the Eldrazi and that's just not fun.
>>
>>44673025
You are missing the point

ELDRAZI SHOULD NOT LOSE
>>
>>44673091
Could be considered it's not the Eldrazi losing, but the user of them failing to utilize them properly which also happens in Lovecraft works.
>>
>>44673091
You are missing the point

This is a competitive card game, you cannot design a tribe that has "cannot lose" as one of its themes.

Seriously, you motherfucker dare call ME Timmy?
>>
>>44673320
How did I know you would try to argue this?

Cannot lose can be implemented you dipshit
Creatures can Die
Spells can be countered
Have you never seen Indesctructable, hexproof and "cannot be countered"

Kill yourself timmy
>>
>>44673295
Thats just leads to other problems

Can other planeswalkers summon eldrazi? if no then how do players(who are supposedly other planeswalkers)?
>>
>>44673379
Ugh, my brain hurts.

Yes, you could technically make a tribe that can't lose. It's possible.

THE POINT IS THAT IT SHOULDN'T BE DONE BECAUSE THEN YOU'RE IGNORING EVERYTHING ABOUT THE MEDIUM YOU;RE USING YOU UNREPENTANT MORON.
>>
>>44673435
Ob Nixilis managed to control Eldrazi (and supposedly summon Kozilek) in some recent fluff. On top of the old Triad (Sorin, Nahiri, Ugin) baiting them to a plane to trap.

So yeah, they seem eager to be let into a plane.
>>
I like playing Loam Pox in Legacy, this is the only format I play

I like the deck for flavor and mechanical reasons

What are some shitty cards I can dilute or change the deck with so that it's playable against some relatively new players making singleton decks out of big piles of commons/uncommons
>>
>>44673491
You're a retard, it CAN be done and done well within this medium, AND WOTC STILL MANAGED TO SHIT ALL OVER ELDRICH HORRORTERRORS REGARDLESS
>>
>>44670937
>Song of the Sea
Mah African bruddah
>>
>>44660388
>Favorite casual deck?
Man, that's hard to say. I have literally dozens of casual 60-card decks, because I like having a bunch of variety in playstyles and flavor.

I do tend to lean toward the ones with a "

I have/had (it's evolved a lot since this story) a janky G/W lifegain deck using a lot of Kamigawa cards. Lots of recurring life gain between Ghost-Lit Redeemers, bouncing Haru-Onnas off each other with Bounteous Kirin, the white and green Hondens, bouncing Conclave Phalanx with Eiganjo Free-Riders to play it again each turn to profit from the tokens off Honden of Life's Web.

My friend had a G/W Allies deck with some way or another to repeatably bounce/flicker his creatures so he could trigger all the EtB abilities every turn. Don't remember what it was exactly, but long story short this game ended up working out to both of us gaining more life each turn than the other could match in damage. Even with him swinging with a bunch of Allies with protection from my colors, I could still chump block the one or two strongest with a colorless Spirit token and gain back the difference and then some next turn. And he had life gain from Ondu Clerics, and my deck didn't have terribly heavy offense regardless.

And neither of us had any removal in our decks that could alter the situation substantially, so it ended up degenerating into a stalemate that ultimately came down to who would draw out their deck first.

The weirdest my group's done lately is combining two or more of Planechase, Archenemy, Vanguard, and/or EDH.

But back in the day, when I was first getting into MtG, my group would occasionally play "Frontier Magic" -- basically, take all your lands out, shuffle them up face-down in a big grid, and march your creatures around the board like a turn-based strategy game.
>>
>>44674411
Crap, cut off my first line.
Meant to say I lean toward ones with a "righteous forces of good" sort of bent. So stuff like Soldier and Knight tribal decks or Boros.
>>
File: IMG_1697.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1697.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
I want out.

What's the best way to get the most out of this? Preferably money, but I want to buy board games with it.
>>
>>44674631
>mostly Theros and Born
I have some bad news for you anon
>>
>>44674802
I'm not looking for bank, just a couple of hundred at most. I bought playsets of every expansion I played so I know I can get some for those. I'm not aiming too high.
>>
>Favorite casual deck
Ham and Eggs
Its red/green boars/pigs with some artifact ramp and a few giant growths and lightning bolts
>>
>>44674631
Sell your thoughtsiezes and foil gods you might get $100, if you have neither of those cards im afraid you wont even get $20for the lot
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
>>44672576
Maybe it's chinese dumplings (the teochew kind).

Though, theres too much vegetables in it.... eating it would be like rolling around in a grassy field.
>>
File: eat your dirt.gif (922 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
eat your dirt.gif
922 KB, 500x285
>>44674928
>couple hundred
>theros

I'll give you 20$
>>
>>44675497
You're retarded.
>>
>>44674928
Remember kids, cash out of standard before it rotates
>>
>>44661381
I can't tell if those vegetables are frozen in blocks of ice or are encased in some kind of gel.
>>
>>44675563
The real advice is to never pick up MTG in the first place.
>>
>>44670937

That makes it a lot less surprising, then.
>>
My craziest play was in a competitive 4-man EDH pod.

>drop mana vault turn 1, pass
>turn 2, untap, drop an island, dream halls
>pitch a red card to play Niv-Mizzet
>pitch a blue card to play omniscience
>capsize the dream halls to my hand
>play c-sphinx
>play wheel of fortune
ez
>>
>Best play
>Turn 1
Forest, lotus petal, channel, emrakul
Thanks for the game, shake hands, shuffle decks
>>
>>44675546
I know its not worth 5, i was trying to help him out
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/spoopy-ghost-deck/

traded an expedition stomping ground for a set of flooded strands and pulled a polluted delta so I fixed my mana base up quite a bit. basic plan is spam tokens and use anthems to swing big, he who hungers takes over the game by picking apart my opponent's hand
>>
Where is the cheapest place for proxy printed cards these days? AliExpress? I want proper printed cards and it's actually pretty pricey to print myself.
>>
>>44679083
I would like to know this too
>>
>>44679083
The guy on ali is fairly cheap, you pay more for the better quality (i.e white core for play with friends, black core to almost pass off as real) if its for casual or cube just get white core
>>
>>44679708

Which guy? There's a few that offer set lists for pretty cheap but it seems you only get one of each card.
>>
>>44679964
Correct, if you want playsets you need to buy the set x4
All the stores only offer a set list
>>
>>44679083
Dont bother buying proxies just goto gatherer and save the jpg and print it out and stuck it on a real card, people only buy fakes to goto another town and try sell/trade them and never return, not worth the money
>>
>>44679083
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NFgjJC2etz0

Guy has a nice method for foil proxies, costs maybe $10 for the clear "paper" and acetone and a normal inkjet printer works
>>
>>44675563
>buying magic cards
i never understood this. since the game is 100% based on reading things off paper and having tokens already why doesn't everyone just print off cards they want to use? if you want to get real autistic tape some shit to a deck of playing cards for shuffling.
>>
>>44680439
I print them out and put tokens in sleeves and slide the cut out over it. it's just like playing with a real deck!
>>
>>44665535
> Dimir Allies
huh?
>>
>>44680439
>be this guy
>buy theros block
>might as well had just stuck shit to playing cards
>dont sell it off before rotation
>muh cards

Offer for $20 for the lot still stands so i can make proxys from them
>>
>>44680439
Some guys on /tg/ did this a while ago, found a Chinese guy willing to print good quality cards for about $20 a deck. Some dude on a random forum heard about it and got pissed off about passing the fakes as real
>>
>>44681093
Mtglion = autism in a can
>>
>>44664711 It's not that high powered limited isn't acceptable, it's that high powered commons drive away kitchen table players. Which devastates sales.
>>
>>44665535
>Eldrazi allies

Sure let's just have phyrexia worship flesh as the pinnacle of evolution while we're at it
>>
>>44671709
Banefire is far better, though
>>
>>44675375
HAH bullshit.

I would give him $20 easy, just for the joy of looking through his cards
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.