[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wallmart Apocalypse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: mart.png (3 KB, 232x148) Image search: [Google]
mart.png
3 KB, 232x148
Has anyone played it recently? Is it dead?
>>
>>44647416
AH!
I remmember doing a high school presentation on that subject and how it related to 1984

good times
>>
Typical /tg/, trying to take credit for something that Reddit created
>>
It's been quite dead for years now.
I played an older version of the setting way back when it was new and fresh, using GURPS (Because there weren't any alternatives at the time). I remember choosing an older version because I really didn't like the direction the threads had been taking it and nobody else involved seem to agree with me.
>>
>>44647552
What directions were the threads taking?
>>
>>44647537
Are you the reddit police? I've seen someone in the last few threads I popped into saying shit like this.
>>
>>44647670
>Are you the reddit police?
Nah, I was just making a funny to bump the thread.

Walmart Apocalypse actually started on a different website (GITP, I think?) but was resurrected a few years later on /tg/.
>>
>>44647620
Oh, just minor shit like adding well-defined tribes of survivors in different sections of the store and changing how the food aisle works and other little niggles that seemed to be making it more... Well, to be honest, it started feeling more like a stereotypical fantasy setting, with "The race that lives in X and acts like Y and they all do Z because they're X and that's what X does." I just didn't like it. It was starting to feel less like the absurd post-apocalypse setting that it should have been and more like a typical fantasy setting. I guess that's what happens when you try to shoehorn it into 3.5, since that was a thing that was happening.
>>
>>44647805
I found a page about Walmart Apocalypse on the 1d4 wiki (https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Walmart_Apocalypse), is this the version you are talking about?
>>
Enlighten a newfag what this is?
>>
>>44647973
It's been a long time, but yeah, that looks like it's been updated with the newer stuff that I don't like so much.
It also looks like not every thread made it onto sup/tg/, so some of the older stuff is missing.
>>
>>44648037
Do you know by any chance where I can find something about the original Walmart Apocalypse? Or, if you are patient enough, explain it to me?
>>
>>44648101
Just look at the older sup/tg/ threads linked from there. I don't remember all the details and differences myself, just that I didn't like what they changed later on.
>>
>>44648137
Okay, thanks
>>
>>44647989
>Enlighten a newfag what this is?
I 100% guarantee if you google the phrase "Walmart Apocalypse" you will get all the information you need.

100%.
>>
File: absolutely_disgusting_adele.jpg (19 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
absolutely_disgusting_adele.jpg
19 KB, 240x320
>>44648209

Just did, it looks like total shit that only an autistic would want to play in. Thanks for the heads up, anon.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.