[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tyranid Hive fleet creation table
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1
File: Tyranid_Hive_Fleet_Bioships.png (1 MB, 920x691) Image search: [Google]
Tyranid_Hive_Fleet_Bioships.png
1 MB, 920x691
+++INCOMMING DISTRESS CALL FROM IMPERIAL OUTPOST DIMUS-IV+++

++TRANSMITTING DISTRESS CALL++

++[This is acting General Rodney Samson. They have broken through our outer defences, the swarm took us by suprise, with any luck I should be able to relay the data we have gathered from here in order to aid the God Emperors forces. Magos Truntus has explained to me the basic rites to send of this file. I can hear them comming, they are breaking through the bulkheads. Ave Imperiator, and may the Emperor have mercy on our souls]++

What was the information they sent?

What is the Hive Fleet's progenitor?
>1d100
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>44629735

Mostly just gurgling noises and screaming
>>
>>44629910
Kraken

What is the Hive Fleet's classification?
>1d10
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>44629735
Oh god pleas send help! No stop no no no no.ahhhhhhhh.................."
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>44629945

Fuckin terrifying is what
>>
>>44630068
Planetary Infestation

How large is the Hive Fleet?
>1d10
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>44630176
According to the transmittion recieved by our astropaths, and I quote "ahhhhhhhh! they're everywhere!"
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>44630176

Is eclipsing the sun from the ground a measurement?
>>
>>44631217

Well fuck it, I'LL TAKE OVER THEN

-Medium Size nothing special there.

1d100 for the Hive Fleets Goals
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>44632872
skreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>44632912

>REJOIN THE FLEET
WHY THE FUCK ARE WE LOST ANYWAYS

1d100 FOR STRATEGY, WHAT DO WE DO?
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>44633082
Inquisitor, from their transmission, it seems they rely on....
>>
>>44633130

>STEALTH

YOU DON'T EVEN SEE US COMING

1d10 FOR OUR COMMON BIOMORPHS
>>
I never understood why Tyranid space forces were a problem. Imperial ships are fast, better armed, and don't need to get into what's effectively melee range. Surely the hive fleets should be worn down by frigate task forces following them around and blowing away a bioship here and there
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>44633178
Should be fun.
>>
>>44633276

ACIDIC FLUIDS

STEALTHY MELTEY MOTHERFUCKERS IS WHAT WE ARE

1d100 FOR THE HOMIES WE CHILL WITH
>>
>>44633213
There is a fuckload of them.
>>
>>44633338
Sure, when they first show up. Then the Imperials pick them apart ship by ship.

It's not like the Nids can catch any of the Imperial ships, so even if there are a lot, it doesn't mean they're going to do anything.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>44633308
M'LORD, WE HAVE BEEN ASSAILED BY ACID SPEWING TYRANIDS. ALSO SIGHTED WAS A CONTINGENT OF- OH EMPEROR THEY'RE THROUGH THE BULKHEADS!
>>
>>44633455

OOOOOHHHH SHIT IT'S A MOTHERFUCKIN GENESTEALER CULT ALL UP IN HERE TO STEAL YOUR GENES

LAST BUT NOT LEAST GENTLEBUGS 1d100 TO FIGURE OUT THE NAME OF THOSE ASSHOLES WE HATE
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>44633506

"Everything not us"
>>
>>44633568

IT'S THOSE GOD DAMNED MOTHER FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT SPACE MARINES. THEY'RE TRYING TO TAKE OUR ACID SCHTICK
>>
>>44633609

Alright guys, we've got ourselves a medium planetary infestation spawned from the hive fleet Kraken which we are desperately trying to link back up with. We're super stealthy and have some seriously gnarly acid for our bodily fluids. Our best buds in the whole verse are a Genestealer cult and we fucking loath a space marine chapter.
>>
>>44633609
"These xenos were most… tenacious in their attacks. Thrice was my Power Armor compromised, and mine own Bolter was slagged by their caustic fluids. Indeed, responding in kind with my own acid seemed to do not buy enrage the black-carapaced aliens, who appeared as shadows do from a candle, and vanish just as quickly."
-Brother Gerantine, of the Sable Swords.
>>
>>44633745
*nought but
Damn I shouldn't be doing this when its this late.
>>
>>44633745

Nice, we need a name for the infestation.

I'm picturing them working quite closely with the Genestealers, possibly on a hive world where they use their acidic fluids to get through the highly reinforced bulkheads of the lower hive in order to take out targets marked by the cult themselves. The imperial planet is constantly trying to beat back the swarm and is currently keeping them at a (barely) manageable level. The whole hive is putting out calls through space trying to draw Hive Fleet Kraken to themselves so that they can link up with the greater fleet
>>
>>44633661

"There was a Lictor in the mess tent this morning how it got in, how it got out? No-one knows. The Commissar started executing malcontents by making them stand night watch at the wire. It's as certain death as a bolt to the head. We've all started writing our names on our helmets and boots, just so it's easier to ID what's left after the claws and the acid. We're not even the main target. Most of the damn bugs have been hunting Marines. I can't remember the last time I slept. It can't go on like this. Emperor preserve us, no-one can go on through this."

-Journal fragment.
>>
>>44634075

I like it.

"Caught? CAUGHT? -laughter- You think I let you guys catch me. I ran here, you guys are the safest spot in the hive, top of the spire. There's nothing down there but death and traps. You head home with a joy-girl and not even your bed is found in the morning. But she's there, and she's smiling, and she's trying to get you to go home with her. Fuck man you guys don't even know, this whole place is going to collapse around you. Not even the Emperor can save us now."

-Adaptues Arbites archive record 11.32.439D Ganger "Lucky" executed for heresy. Comments used in ongoing investigation on refugee surge from lower hive and numerous missing persons cases.

Data found 1 year prior to full blown Tyranid infestation.
>>
>>44633454
Nids don't have to catch the Imperial ships, the Imperial ships need to defend the planet the nids are trying to eat.
>>
"This is it, my comrades. The bulkheads are buckling, the flamers are cold. These bugs took our artillery, our ships, the God-Emperor's Angels of Death themselves.

But there is one thing they shall never take from us. Our precious bodily fluids. The natural liquids of the holy human form shall never be tainted by loathsome xenos.

On arms, Humanity. On arms, Imperium. The superiority of human blood will clean the filthy ichor upon our planet."

-The last sermon of the Redemptionist Jak Ripper. His purge militia halted the tyranid advance upon the upper levels of the Merkin hive for two days before becoming silent.
>>
I just realized that we have made Xenomorphs almost exactly. Now the question is do we want to try to differentiate or let it ride.
>>
"Lost contact with teams one through seventeen four hours ago. Last sentinel currently carrying lad cannon. Three shots left in power clip. Left leg mostly melted. Lost contact with the local Stationhouse thirty minutes ago. Shock mauls ineffective. Las guns of utility only against corrupted humans. Bolter ammunition running dangerously low; barricades being pulled back to shaft five-four-six. Requesting immediate backup from all Adeptus Arbites or Astra Militarum forces available. Repeat, requesting immediate reinforcement. Oh Emperor, they're here. They're here. Emperor protect m-"
+++TRANSMISSION LOST+++
>>
>>44633213
Tyranid Hive Fleets go FTL without using the Warp unless they've reached their next meal, and cloak their psychic presence using the Shadow in the Warp. Imperial ships just don't have any time to react before the Hive Fleet drops on a system.
>>
>>44634492
Nid fleet heads in to attack planet
They're slow as fuck, so the Imperial Navy gets together and heads out to meet them.
As the nids crawl through space towards the planet, the Imperials starts harassing them, cruising safely outside their range.

Nids can just suck it up and head for the planet, or split and send some of the fleet to drive the Imperials off

if they go with the former then the navy racks up the kills; If they do the latter, the strength of the fleet hitting the world is reduced, and the navy kills off the nid ships that were detached and then guns it for the rest of the fleet.

Even if the nids are landing on the planet, there's no reason for the fleet to let the nids eat them when they can hover out of nid range and blow away another hive ship every hour or so. And then they follow the nids to the next world, and then hand it off to another group of ships.

Only time Nids can avoid this is hitting worlds with no naval presence, but given the scale of nid fleets, the navy will quickly become aware, send a task force, and pick them apart.

It may take a while, but eh.

Of course, all this is predicated on things making sense instead of writers going HURR GRIMDERP LAST STAND.

But "realistically" the Imperial Navy should see Nid hunting as a vacation past compared to dealing with Necrons, Chaos, Eldar, hell even Orks.
>>
>>44634742
>lad cannon

ill rek u m8 sware on me empruh
>>
>>44635361
>cloak their psychic presence using the Shadow in the Warp.

You mean that giant beacon of "oh fuck" that everyone senses way ahead of time?

Anyways, the real weakness is them being slow as balls in realspace combined with their lack of range.
>>
>>44635957

See that's a really solid plan with just a few issues when it comes to the tyranids. First if the fleet makes it to orbit and lands forces they are able to replenish themselves which means the imperium needs to get close to the planet to land their own troops down and protect the resources.

The second thing is that the navy runs out of ammo when using your plan, there are too many ships to shoot and they're tough ships too. They have to be given how slow they move
>>
>>44636470
If the Imperium was intelligent they would have pickets out at least a couple of light years from all of their essential planets so they had plenty of warning and could run interdiction on the Tyranids for weeks at a time. Minefields and other things like suicide ships (asteroids with engines and a guidance package) and the like could also create a whole hell of a lot of havoc in the Tyranid's fleets. The best thing they could do is hit the Tyranids from as many directions as possible and try to separate them so they can hunt them down a few at a time.
>>
>>44636470
Let's say the Nid fleet has 100 resources. Fighting the Imperial Navy in place around the planet and then eating the planet nets them 10 resources.

However, if the navy stands off and harries them, they lose 10 resources.

Even if it's not a huge thing, it preserves the navy forces and slowly chips away at the Nids.

And with a naval presence in the system, the ground forces fare better than the naval forces making a stupid last stand and THEN the planet getting eaten.

But again, 40k writers are dumb.

Logistically, the Imprium will have to expend ammo, sure - but better than losing ships, and better than just letting the Nids nom their way to terra. Ammo is made to be used, after all.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.