[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most unusual race/class/alignment/patron deity combination
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 343x429) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 343x429
What is the most unusual race/class/alignment/patron deity combination you ever played in D&D /tg/? And did you enjoy playing the character? Pathfinder players also welcome.
>>
>>44623180
Lawful neutral human swordmage. Devout follower of Moradin.

Not the most out there in the world, I know.
>>
>>44623180

Lawful Good Drow Paladin of Iomedae, with heavy crossbow as preferred weapon.

She was fucking awesome, smiting evildoers all day all night.
>>
Neutral Good Human Fighter devout of Pelor
>>
Awakened Lesser Black Pudding/Monk/True Neutral/faithless.
(Homebrewed weak version of black puddings.)
Punchy slime. Not a slime-man. Just a slime. Tendrils would just fly out of the goo and bop things to death.
>>
I'm DMing this group where one of my players has rolled a Dwarf Paladin of Moradin, standard as they come. And he decided that the best oath for his character would be the oath of the ancients. Now, I like to let my players do their thing so I allowed it, but every time we play it just feels wrong.
>>
File: 20oKOy9l.jpg (49 KB, 527x640) Image search: [Google]
20oKOy9l.jpg
49 KB, 527x640
A demon of curiosity.
Not that horrible demon, just had disregard for humans and a boner for secrets.
>>
Chaotic/Neutral Gnome Warrior riding a boar called Furious,who wanted to become a giantslayer in a homebrewed setting.
Not too rare,but cool. Came for the lulz,stayed for the roleplaying.
>>
>>44623700
Noice
>>
>>44623180
Half elven Death Domain Cleric, Chaotic Good,
and a Follower of Mina
Thinks that being the goddess of tears and mortality is a shit job, wants to cheer his goddess up.
>>
>>44626066
>Thinks that being the goddess of tears and mortality is a shit job, wants to cheer his goddess up.
That's kind of cute.
>>
>>44623180
Right now im a hafling with all my points put into intimidating and hiding. So I fucka niggas bitch scare him then run.
>>
Chaotic/neutral half human half dragon apocalypse shield mage. Are group has been playing the same characters for a year now. My appetite for lesser creatures that crawl slither and scutle get me into trouble alot.
>>
>>44627955
Im all magic and defense
>>
>>44627955
If you have deep enough purse anyone can higher me. Also a good bucket of critters helps.
>>
>>44623180
Chaotic good cleric of Olidamara.
>>
Kobold Paladin, that's about it for me.

For another player I've seen, a dragon monk.
>>
>>44624949

That's just basically a scientist except this one is also a demon.
>>
File: Image.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>44629642
You've seen him too
>>
>>44623180
Human male Barbarian, duel-wielded tower shields in combat as a regional expertise since they were the traditional weapons of his homeland.
>>
Lawful human paladin that didn't have a stick up his ass
>>
>>44623180
LE Agent of the Grave/Blight Druid Samsaran.

Started as a protector of the sanctity of life, death, and rebirth, killing all those that broke nature's sacred cycle. Realized he inherently couldn't outlast his immortal undead foes. Decided to become that which he hunted, breaking his own cycle of reincarnation in the process, as it was the only way he could see to even the playing field, and continue to right the balance as long as saw necessary. A theoretically temporary degeneracy, to hopefully reach a much loftier permanent goal.

It's an easy thing, especially in religion, to fully dedicate yourself to a crusade so much you lose yourself and your integrity to the core values of the calling in the first place.
>>
Still kinda wanna try a CG Warpriest of Azathoth. Havn't decided on race....
>>
>>44626066
Is there a story-time where he met his goddess? I can see it going several distinct ways depending on the flavor of DM.
More than half of those are black paths.

>>44623180
I had a character in a heavily homebrewed 3.5 who started out as a human thief shadowstepper who worshiped the god of stealth and ended as a warforge (cyborg) assassin/duelist/gunslinger/shadowstepper with implanted weapons and devices who worshiped no one after his god literally told him to fuck off and die. (He decided not to.)
>>
>>44623180
Grippli cleric who worshipped Groetus.

Crazy reach for touch attacks + spring attack + Protean Subdomain and Madness Domain = enemies that are nerfed to heck and back weak to nearly everything, and most turns do nothing.

The end is nigh ribbit! Glory to the end of all, the eternal janitor that is to come, who will sweep away the chaff and bring about the new world to come!
>>
Not D&D, but I had fun in a GURPS game where my character had both the Sense of Duty (Humanity) and Callous disadvantages. While "Callous" doesn't sound so bad, the effects of that disadvantage lands more in sociopath territory.

It was fun playing an "ends justify the means" protector of humanity.
>>
>>44623420
Drows represent nigga

I once played a chaotic good drow gunslinger cross classed into cleric of Cayden Calien. My group surprisingly loved the character, but then again, she was the exact opposite of a certain other chaotic good drow what with the alcoholism and short temper and total belief that she is probably the only drow people will ever meet who is upfront about what she is going to do to someone.
>>
File: Drow from Old Country.png (509 KB, 1332x3858) Image search: [Google]
Drow from Old Country.png
509 KB, 1332x3858
>>44636620
Drow, eh? Strange character ideas, eh? This reminds me of a thing I came across.
>>
>>44636742
Think less slavic more hillbilly drow.
>>
>>44636163
There's not, sadly.
I'll play it in another campaign and try for that, if I ever get the chance.
The character isn't really that fleshed out.
He's in a High level campaign and Mina liked him [spoiler or hated him, depending on how you look at it[/spoiler] enough to send him into the nine hells in order to stop an invasion of demons from another universe that would fuckup the balance of... basically everything.
I cast Forbiddence (instantly by accident but apparently it was reconnected later as multiple gods working through my) in the ninth level of hell.
>10000 meters of holy damage in every direction
>it doesn't stop for a long, long time
>I have antilife shell on
>I didn't even roll the character thinking of combat
it feels good.
>>
Chaotic Good Human Sword-Wizard
He used all of his spells and powers to make them based around swords, No casting icicles or something, it was frozen ice swords.
This wasn't actually mine, it was a friends.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.