[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You and your party are in a large city >This guy and an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 16
File: Walhart.png (559 KB, 568x931) Image search: [Google]
Walhart.png
559 KB, 568x931
>You and your party are in a large city
>This guy and an army nearly twice as large as the city's whole population break in.
>"No man or god is my equal. All of the four corners of this world will be mine."
>"Now kneel."

Wat do, /tg/?
>>
Walmart, plz. You got your ass handed to you by a little girl with a hero complex and her almost-incest life partner cousin.
In other words, we attack him directly because he's built his entire empire on his own personal strength and a personal defeat will crumple the entire thing like the flimsy house of cards that it is.
>>
>>44619043
We're only level 6 right now so yeah, kneel, toe the line, etc until opportunities arise.

We are nothing if not pragmatic.
>>
Challenge him to single combat.

Lose.

With dying breath, declare he will never win.
>>
Wizard him instantly
>>
File: 1354944359326.png (6 KB, 396x396) Image search: [Google]
1354944359326.png
6 KB, 396x396
>>44619043
Him & his entire army.
>>
>>44619043
Be a woman.

That was easy; I like LotR references.
>>
File: IMG_7856.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7856.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
Is this one of those "this guy walks up and smacks your girlfriend's ass, what do?" threads? Because I definitely read it as such.
>>
>>44619043
Abandon the planet, try to get that ship with capital-grade weaponry we've been trying to get, orbitally bombard the city, along with a few choice locations that need to be burnt from the world.
>>
File: 1433619936143.jpg (50 KB, 739x1082) Image search: [Google]
1433619936143.jpg
50 KB, 739x1082
>>44619043
Gut him like a fucking fish, and flay him alive. Then move on to his army, breaking them one-by-one and throwing them into pits excavated by meltabombs to be flayed alive and hung across the city.

When the army is either completely slaughtered or most of it routs, turn on the city and kill the entire population too as a sacrifice to Chaos. Daemon Prince pls?
>>
Can I join?
>>
>>44619043
Give Noire a Longbow class weapon, pair her with someone who increases her chance to crit, and go to town, that axe only has 2 squares rage. Gloat if she has the one-shot skill and it works.
Or just Nosferatu his ass, he does not enough damage in return to counter the lifegain.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
>>
Last time this happaned our party tied a wand to an arrow and loosed it with a salvo of other archers onto the BB general. While they were doing something stupid to counter them standing out on top of an open hill, now being rained on by sharp sky sticks, I took aim with my true sight to shoot the wand above their head right as they went to snatch the arrow.

The army was thus mostly destroyed except for a couple dragons and some purple worms, the bbeg fled to lick their wounds.

We were level 9.
>>
>>44619043
THE WORLD IS ROUND MORON IT DOESN'T HAVE CORNERS.
>>
>>44619043
Depends, does he actually have the strength he should have had or is he still a scrublord?

For the former, I swear allegiance and vow to see his will of a unified world fulfilled. For the latter, I smack him across the face with a rolling pin and tell him to get back to the farm or wherever he came from.
>>
>>44619043

> "I'm a Solar, you moron! You're a Terrestial!"

Fight him one-on-one, and spam attacks until he dies. Laugh, because Dragon-Blooded have no Perfect Defense and are less mote-efficient. There's nothing sadder than a man with a huge axe and being absolutely unable to hit a guy who's pretending to be a snake...And making hissing noises.

Exalted 2E's combat is basically like that. No Perfect Defense? You're fucked, boyo.
>>
>>44619043
I return to him. I don't think he'll appreciate me slaying a few of his soldiers in the middle of the confusion any potential battle might create..
>>
>>44619043
Beat the shit out of him with my Earthbreaker hammer in the Name OF TORAG!
>>
>>44619043
Walk over, pull out my sword and say "U WUT M8?"
>>
>>44622768
And that is only one reason why the system sucks.
>>
>>44619043
Send Donnel, problem solved.
>>
>>44623882

He backhands the sword out of your hand, shattering the blade and nearly breaking your wrist.

"I gave you an order."
>>
>>44623887

The very concept of Perfect Defenses is absolute horseshit that I cannot for the life of me imagine why they thought was a good idea to put into a game.
>>
File: 75685768576.gif (37 KB, 267x219) Image search: [Google]
75685768576.gif
37 KB, 267x219
>>44619043
>Infiltrate his ranks
>help him fight for his world conquest
>start to sabotage other high end members of his army
>make him think i'm the only one who is loyal
>when I become his right hand man, wait until victory is within our reach
>poison him
>claim his army and throne for myself

THE PERFECT CRIME
>>
>>44623924
Good thing I have a second. Time to stab an uppity red bitch.
>>
>>44622768
There's a reason nobody plays Exalted.
>>
>>44619043
"Normally I'd tell you to do the smart thing and walk away, you haven't got a chance. But I'm just having one of those fucking weeks."

And then I decapitate him via portals. If the image of me holding their boss' severed head doesn't scare the buggers off, we've killed armies before.
>>
File: you died.jpg (47 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
you died.jpg
47 KB, 1000x563
>>44623945

And that, /tg/, is why some adventurers never make it to level 2. They can't take a hint from the GM that an NPC is stronger to them and the setting is under no obligations to let them win if they do something stupid.
>>
File: Hallelujah.gif (2 MB, 353x199) Image search: [Google]
Hallelujah.gif
2 MB, 353x199
>>44623996
>And then I decapitate him via portals
Do you have no self awareness?
>>
>>44623996

The GM informs you that you 'epic exploit' doesn't work that way, and the portal fails to open because the spell explicitly states that you cannot portal into a wall or other solid object. At worst, it deals 1d6 damage and he is moved 5 feet out of the way of it ala dimension door.

The 1d6 damage fails to overcome his damage reduction.

Now that the surprise is over, roll initiative.
>>
>>44619043
>"Says the man who thinks globe has corners and who is so ignorant in strategy that he does not realize that attacking cities directly is super dumb."
>"Go slay a porcupine with your naked arse."
>>
It really depends on what the power level is.
In-universe, Walhart is ridiculously fucking strong - he's literally the most powerful warrior in the entire world who hasn't been strengthened by some kind of magic or heroic lineage.
The party? Decked out with artifacts by endgame and backed by Naga herself.
Validar and Aversa? Backed by Grima.
Priam? Heroic heritage, which in the FE universe basically makes you an instant badass.
Walhart has no heroic heritage and no divine backing. He's one completely mundane man who's managed to become the strongest confirmed normal mortal in the world, and he has the leadership abilities to rally nearly a whole continent to his will. It takes the power of Naga's heroes, together with the Grimleal's cunning, to defeat him - and after that, it's heavily implied that he simply tore himself up from the grave because he didn't feel like dying (or that he was raised as a Risen but managed to shrug off Grima's mind-control casually and regain his human functionality through pure, iron-clad will).
If you're a magically augmented party of high-fantasy heroes, sure, he's a joke.
If you're a low-level party, especially in a low-fantasy world, with no artifacts or divine blessings, he'll wipe the floor with you twice over and be ready for another go.
It's a matter of general power levels, because FE in general is relatively low-powered aside from the divine drama that plays out around the main cast. The little bits of background we get imply that even being a village magician who can only cast Fire is a seriously valued job.
>>
>>44624008
Unless he's throwing a god or a neutron golem at us, I don't see that playing out well for him against epic-level characters.
>>
>>44624084

So basically you need to be a JRPG protagonist that has an inventory full of one of a kind special snowflake magic items and a backlog of completed Main Plot quests to challenge this guy?
>>
File: 1273399331499.jpg (161 KB, 700x474) Image search: [Google]
1273399331499.jpg
161 KB, 700x474
>>44619043
My 17° level Druid with Mythic rank 7 just gives him a brief talk about how's there's ALWAYS a bigger fish, then goes away chilling out at some inn eating cheese
Then the two fucking arcanists in my party do something ridiculous, probably involving summoning an elder Time Dragon to rewrite history once again
The Summoner continues crafting golems and teaching magic at his school together with his eidolon waifu
>>
>>44619043
Ask if he has dental
>>
>>44624134
> "No man or god is my equal"
> wondering whether or not the guy is as strong as a god

You are placing all your chips on him being a liar, huh?
>>
>>44624145
Pretty much. The main cast, assuming you didn't powerlevel with Reeking Boxes/DLC, will be pretty loaded down with legendary weapons and eugenics abuse by that point.
To put it in D&D terms, by normal universe standards, he's something like a 21th-level fighter/10th-level cavalier with a few other prestige classes sprinkled on top, but with no flagrantly magical items. All his weapons and armor are masterwork with plenty of pluses, but nothing explicitly magical.
The main characters manage to smear him because they're ridiculously overpowered even in-universe - FE is a low-fantasy medieval world where the plots play out on the very highest levels of the world, and as such the main characters are basically the Chosen Ones personally guided by the Dragon Goddess Naga, who is serious business.
It's a typical case of Worf Syndrome - Walhart proves how strong the characters have gotten, since he's stupidly fucking powerful in-universe (he wipes the floor with Basilio, who's been ruling a country where the khan is decided from pure battle prowess for decades, and he's mentioned to still be in great shape), but it's easy to miss that the rest of the universe isn't as high-powered as the main plot.
>>
>>44624084

This. In the context off his own setting, he is telling the truth. You can only defeat him by getting MULTIPLE people together who are the apex of human ability and then further enhanced with god powers.

None of them is his equal, only by every other major power in the setting teaming up on him is he defeated.
>>
>>44619043
S Rank with any party member
Pair Up
Wade into the middle of the battle field and take out 20 enemy units on their turn
>>
>>44624165
Yep, because if he was then he wouldn't be here, he'd be up there duking it out with them.
>>
I didn't vote for him
>>
>>44624235
Doesn't Walharts weapon grant him the Sol skill or something? That's clearly magical.
>>
>>44619043
He knows he's dealing with a rpg party right? My idiot players will challenge that nigga, even they're just level 1 and down to one or two hp.
>>
>>44619043
Yes, yes, yes! You stay right there fucker. I'm coming down. I'm coming down and we're gonna fight and it's gonna be beautiful.
>>
>>44624312
He has a sword named Sol, that does exactly what the name implies, the first time you face him, and drops it when defeated. He uses his axe, which is probably magical as well given how he can throw it around like it weights nothing and bounce it back at him, in the rematch.
>>
File: Exceli.png (60 KB, 245x248) Image search: [Google]
Exceli.png
60 KB, 245x248
>>44623940
>people trying to muscle/sneak into my position as evil adviser
adventurers these days
>>
File: eb646bc43aec09392f42760619d9ff20.jpg (670 KB, 1000x1415) Image search: [Google]
eb646bc43aec09392f42760619d9ff20.jpg
670 KB, 1000x1415
>>44619043
I'll smack him and his goons around a bit with my superhero team.
>>
>>44624312
>>44624385
Sol isn't necessarily magical, since it's possessed by all Heroes who level up enough, even those who don't belong to any magically backed factions. It's probably an abstract representation of the typical berserker skill of "reinvigorate yourself by hurting your enemy", or it might just be because the setting assumes low-level magic at times (though there's no evidence to this, so it'd have to be fluff-crunch separation if it was magic).
Everyone who can wield axes at all can throw a hand axe (or a Volant Axe, or eventually the Helswath) and have it come back to them. That's definitely an abstract representation, since you can't assume every Hand Axe in the universe to be enchanted or every Lv. 1 Fighter in the world to have magical ability.
>>
File: RT_Crew_disembark.jpg (530 KB, 773x1000) Image search: [Google]
RT_Crew_disembark.jpg
530 KB, 773x1000
Real cute.
Tell you what.
That metal skeleton behind me? The last of a great empire, that object he carries controls the very stars themselves.
The woman in black? Worlds burn at her beck and call.
The robed man? He controls our vast cities in the sky, and the fire they shall rain upon you.
The man in the coat and hat? He has slain ten-thousand men with only a mere five.
And I?
Well, I don't like usurpers, and you have a funny hat.
So you have two choices:
Lay down your arms, surrender your hat, and join us.
Or take your chances against our might, and I will pry your hat off your skull.
>I hate medieval worlds.
>>
>>44624432
But Walhart doesn't have Sol himself, he gains the skill from his sword. How does that not imply magic? If he could heal himself with any weapon, then why doesn't he do so with his axe?
>>
>>44624447

> 40k pic

Didn't even bother reading. Just going to assume its wank.
>>
>>44624432
The way I see it throwing axe are just thrown and a new one is drawn. Like throwing axes actually work. However this is just an abstraction over the mechanical representation of two squares range melee weapons, it does not really need to make sense. Sol is definitely magical though, it gives you a n ability you would have only if you were an Hero... and its name is green, which if I remind correctly is the color of magical gear. Anyway, if sol is not magical, then Falchion is not to- it is never stated to be magical, only unbreakable because it is the weapon of Marth and it would make no sense for it to break.
>>
>>44624163
>mook #81592: "WELL THERE IS LIFE INSURANCE IF YOU'RE INTERESTED"

"YEAH?? WHATS IT LIKE??"

>"Join me and I don't kill you."
>>
>>44624478
Sorry, Anon, I'll post Twilight Sparkle for you next time.
>>
>>44624765

He wasn't wrong, tho
>>
>>44624776
If you say so. Tosser.
>>
>>44623903
This.

For extra fun, I send in Donnel paired up with his dragon waifu for S-rank support bonuses, and Donnel using the Dread Fighter DLC class.
>>
>>44624502
Falchion is explicitly magical. It only works for members of that bloodline that have the right strength of character (Chrom, Lucina, and sometimes Chrom!Morgan can use it, Lissa, Emmeryn, and Owain cannot) and it magically increases effectiveness against dragons of all types. When it becomes awakened (Directly by the power of a god), it can heal its wielder, essentially at will.
>>
>>44624998
>send donnel's child
Fixed. Donnel is strong, his offspring is just deadly.
>>44625298
>owain
>no strenght of character
Your argument is flawed.
>>
>>44625338
OWAIN'S SWORD-HAND CALLS OUT FOR JUSTICE
>>
>>44625338
Owain doesn't have the correct strength of character.
Anyway, he's got missiletainn, what could he possibly complain about?
>>
>now kneel
"Yeah? What do you want?"
(my character's name is Neal)
>>
>>44625376
Aside from the fact it is little more than a glorified shovel?
>>44625348
Owain's supports with male Morgan are the most epic thing in that game.
>>
>>44625457
>Aside from the fact it is little more than a glorified shovel?
You clearly don't understand JUSTICE.
>>
>>44619043
Continue being a thief, rob some rich nobles while everyone's distracted by the big red cunt
>>
>>44625486
>well I got this sword here, not very sharp either-
>IT BE CLEARLY THE WEAPON OF LEGEND AND JUSTICE
>dunno I mostly used it as a shovel so...
>JUSTIIIIIICE
>whatever
>>
>>44625517
Exactly.
>>
File: 1448328416518.jpg (87 KB, 414x450) Image search: [Google]
1448328416518.jpg
87 KB, 414x450
>>44619043
>No man or god
>mfw I'm a female tiefling
>>
Inject all my drugs into myself and smash him with my power fist in a drug induced frenzy
>>
>>44624157
Parties like yours always make my scratch my head because "what's the fucking point" at that level. Like I want to know what an actual challenge looks like to that party and what reason would they even bother messing with it.
Cause fuck me if that even sounds fun being that level of "I say I do the thing and it happens because the rules say it does"
>>
>>44619043
Use a thermobaric bomb.
"Like Daysies ? Shame that I love to cut them.
>>
>>44619043
>"Sorry, bud. I've got no knees."
>*BLAM BLAM*
>"And now, neither do you."
>>
>>44619043
>"Dude, we're only Level 3. Maybe wait to do your whole BBEG thing until the campaign's over? Wouldn't be sporting, otherwise."
>>
>>44619043
Drunken master monk the fuck out of him, he has clearly forgotten rule #1:"Do not act incautiously when confronting littlebaldwrinklysmiling men"
>>
>>44625933

The system doesn't include rules for called shots, Dave. We have been over this. Also, you still need to roll to hit, AND you dont have multi attack.
>>
>>44619043
I laugh, then bow. Time to rise the ranks and Necromonger this shit after a few campaigns.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (56 KB, 798x339) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
56 KB, 798x339
>>44619043

>"No man or god is my equal. All of the four corners of this world will be mine."

I am no man.
>>
File: 1412463283360.jpg (247 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1412463283360.jpg
247 KB, 960x1280
>>44625438
I giggled more than I should have.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.