[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Catachan Marines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Catchan Marine 03.jpg (48 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
Catchan Marine 03.jpg
48 KB, 400x500
What if the High Lords decided say "what if", then take all the deadliest Catachan Fighters, put some gene-seed in them, not tell tell all that Space Marine doctrine bullshit, and just let them do their thing?

How stupid or awesome would that be?

Oh yeah, they get Flecktarn camo color schemes.
>>
>>44617624
>not tell tell all that Space Marine doctrine bullshit
they get declared heretical and purged by =][=
>>
>>44617636

I just mean the "SPIRITUAL LIEGE!" parts and the thing that keeps them from smoking cigars and shooting machine guns with one hand.
>>
>>44617624
Gene-seed implantation has to happen at a rather early age.

A better idea would just be to stick them in Power Armour and give them marine weapons.
>>
>>44617752

What about taking kids from Catachan? How is it not a recruitment world?

Well, I suppose there are things Catachans can do that a space marine really couldn't. Catachans can go stealth, while Space Marines, even at their stealthiest, are for shock and awe.
>>
>>44617793
Because those from Catachan are all Rambo thanks to decades of living on a death world. While Children are probably a bit better, there likely aren't the sheer numbers needed for recruitment.

And there are quite a few stealthier space marine chapters that can do stealth just fine.
>>
>>44617793
Being a Space Marine world means you are free from Imperial taxes and what not

That includes Guardsmen
And we don't want to lose our Rambo Guardsmen.
>>
Why would Catachans ever willingly downgrade themselves to a mere space marine chapter?
>>
I think Catachans get that good because they grow up as normal humans.

Early geneseed implantations would basically make the scouts playing with cheat codes and they will never git gud like other catachans
>>
>>44617624
For a logical reason, Catachan Fighters have such a level of genetic drift to adapt to their homeworld that that they are considered to be near abhuman, hence the nickname "mini ogryns", this would be problematic as space marine geneseed must be implanted in someone who is genetically viable, which is normally baseline humans or those with deviations endemic to the chapter's existing recruiting worlds. Psykers are a different can of worms entirely. So unless the geneseed is slightly tailored for Catachans there would likely be an above average rate of possibly fatal implant rejection. This wastes both good geneseed and good potential guardsmen on something that is almost redundant.
>>
>>44617649
I can think of at least 4 canon examples of Marines using heavy stubbers one handed and one example of a marine smoking.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.