[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I make a self-sustaining society filled with idiots a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 12
How do I make a self-sustaining society filled with idiots and the insane?

I want to have a horde of technologically superior mad inventors in my fantasy campaign, and I want it to be so hilarious it's frightening and so frightening it's hilarious.
Basically, picture an army of engineers that browse 4chan, have them making and improving Besiege-like mechanical monstrosities and going 'cross the countryside on a steam-powered warpath.

But aside from pretty much mastering the art of incredibly convoluted and superfluous superweapons, they also act like a bunch of pyschos who constantly try to one up each other, all the while being cheeky cunts about. Imagine if you will one hundred Sith participating in a prank war where the only rule is to win.

My problem is, how does this society not fall apart after a week and a half? Some kind of guideline/constitution/code of conduct they all live by that keeps them from going full retard? All of them working towards a common purpose? Do they just like the company of like minded individuals?

Also, post more ideas. This concept is very vague at the moment, as I only had the idea of it while watching these two videos:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUnjxftU6r0

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZw1bn9M338
>>
I can also dump Besiege stuff, in case me and my idea is stupid.
>>
>>
>>44596762
>what are Orkz
>>
>>44596762
>How do I make a self-sustaining society filled with idiots and the insane?
Call it a democracy!
>>
>>
>>44596866
Yeah, basically my idea.

Not sure what race yet though.

Maybe one of the smaller, more lanky races. Like Goblins, or Kobolds.

Maybe both.

>>44596875
>Call it a democracy!

that's a good idea. People are elected as some kind of important person(Possible Titles: Grand Inventor, Top Tinkerer, Important Man/Woman, The Mighty Mechanic, ect)
>>
>>
>>
There is some powerful, sane, intelligence behind them that likes what they are doing. This entity is what keeps the rest of them in line. It provides for them in ways they fail to provide for themselves.

When something is a threat to them that they can't/won't handle on their own, it steps in to deal with it. The rest of the time it tries to remain unnoticed by everyone.
>>
>>
>>44596762
The one responsible for this entire thing is a mad sociologist and a mad economist.

They have long since died, but their memes drive this mad science society even now.
>>
>>44597108
>>44597163
And with these two combined, the origin of this mad band of ingenious dip-shits have their origins.

Here's another metal gear successor.
>>
>>44596762
This is how I run my free goblins.

For the most part they are a slave race, to whatever dark faction or troublemaker, but whenever they find themselves left to their own devices they quickly form into a brutal hive like society of downs syndrome kleptomaniacal narcissistic sadists. They tend to form around a Goblin King usually the most physically imposing goblin and just start wrecking shit.

When I first unleashed them on my players, they wanted to free the goblins, Who were big eyed mush mouthed slaves to an Orc warlord. they set up a reservation of sorts with a local neutral faction where they sent any goblins they freed. after the second arc was done the faction asked them to not send any more goblins as the people were growing wary of them. The players ignored this as peasants gona peasant. When they returned the country side was ablaze and goblins were punching, screaming at, and burning everything within reach, a third of them just drooling and crying for no apparent reason.
>>
>>44596762
I'm thinking it should be some kind of Mechanic's Guild that presides over a hugely powerful state religion that calls for occasional Crusades. Maybe where the scions of each house are duty-bound to come up with massive crazy machines of death, and to see who is the greatest of their generation, they must drive across the world to lay siege to some ancient city (that may or may not be worth taking). The machine that takes the city brings glory to their house.
>>
One way to make a society both advanced and nonsensical is inebriation. Take a look at Georgian England. Everyone everywhere was so mad fucking trashed all the time, even at the highest levels of responsibility, that it beggars belief anything actually worked halfway decent. Public intoxication was manly and proper, and from generals to politicians to industrialist and laymen, everyone was drunk all the time, even military leaders during actual battles. (Ulysses Grant was steadfastly drunk during the whole American civil war, and was even commented on by Abraham Lincoln that he thought him a better general for it). That's not considering opium, wild sex lives with fucked up fetishes that would make /d/ go damn, and ridiculous schools of thought colliding with new technologies and ideas. The "Roaring" twenties were more like a soft birdcall by comparison. Basically the idea would be to have an efficient and robust societal structure populated by slightly less ridiculous Ricks without the self loathing and deep cynicism.
>>
>>44599399
>That's not considering opium, wild sex lives with fucked up fetishes that would make /d/ go damn,

Could you elaborate on this please? It's for world building purposes, I assure you.

No it isn't.
>>
File: TankChassis.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
TankChassis.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>44597195
>>
File: 1408877584798.png (148 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1408877584798.png
148 KB, 400x400
I am currently in a state of being bothered by the fact that you have misspelled 'surpass' in your filename and then pasted it into all of your other filenames, intentionally or not.

It is not ok.
>>
File: ggmain20070618.jpg (153 KB, 700x1041) Image search: [Google]
ggmain20070618.jpg
153 KB, 700x1041
>>44596762
You know there's already a comic based on that idea.

In the setting, most of Europe has fallen apart- cities stand as bastion rules by dictators, but offer the only protection from the European wilderness, which is filled with monsters, steam-powered robots and other monstrous creations of the various uncontrolled geniuses who make up a small percentage of the population.
>>
So, an army of Filthy Franks with an engineering degree?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.