[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What race makes the best sailors and why? Can't think of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
What race makes the best sailors and why?

Can't think of a race that's already been made? Then make a new race that seems right at home on a ship.
>>
>>44593521
Dwarves because they have large steel dreadnaughts while every other race uses faggoty wooden ships.
Dwarven craftsmanship is top-notch, they have amazing camaraderie and boarding their ships is very hard because their decks are dwarf-sized. All this makes dwarves wildly superior not only on land, but also on the sea.
>>
Elves would make great sailors, they have a natural trust for one another and generally believe in the greater good for their people so there would be little threat of mutiny.

On top of that their natural dexterity would make them great swashbucklers and rope climbers, and keen elven eyes could spot threats early.
>>
The Hadozee from 3.5 D&D, apemen who are naturally at home in the rigging of a ship
>>
>>44593667
>elves
>good at anything but being raped
>>
File: Dwarven Work.jpg (88 KB, 693x448) Image search: [Google]
Dwarven Work.jpg
88 KB, 693x448
>>44593599
>>
>>44593521
Zells
>>
>>44593709
Exactly.
>Dwarves
>Not the best race
>>
>>44593521

Humans.
>>
>>44593521
I've been sort of jumping around on it with one of my settings; Elves have a connection with the air and wind so they're pretty comfortable as long as its got sales, halflings are better in canoe type boats, but humans have something of a reputation for being very good at managing and manning fleets. Nothing to do with an innate connection (Elves were made by a greater Fae responsible for air patterns, halflings were made by a lesser fae whose primary job was archipelagos, humans are Elf-Dwarfs (or Dwarf-Elfs if you're around Elfs) so they have a more varied connection like the rest of the hybrid races which shows up with less of a connection to the natural world and a stronger comfort in controlling it), human cities just got a bit touristy with people wanting to see a new species so they got good at managing trade.

The Snake people from the bay of Hol have figured out submarines, which gives them their own category to be best at.

>>44593599
>Dwarven craftsmanship
>craftsmanship
>man
>man
>man
>>
>>44593521
Humans or Zora
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.