[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Modern General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (174 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
image.png
174 KB, 265x370
Whelp, looks like those B/X eldrazi decks are going to be everywhere. With the rise of tron should we just start packing a ton of crumble to dusts in our sideboards?
>>
I'm not a modern player, I'm curious why B should be the base color for eldrazi decks?

I was thinking Green for faster face smashing
>>
>>44593361
Cuz wasteland strangler
>>
>>44593361
Inquisition and Thoughtseize for early hand disruption.
>>
>>44593361
Eye of ugin and eldrazi land both tap for mana also with urborg on the field
>>
>>44593361
Urborg+Eye of Ugin: build your own mishra's workshop.
>>
Anyone know what that deck's worst matchup is?
>>
i'll just stick to my Twin Exarch. Might be worth sideboarding Crumble to dust though.
>>
>>44593321
I can see why Eye of Ugin jumped. It's very important to the whole deck.
>>
>>44593501
aggro?
>>
>>44593501
Naya Burn, probably?
>>
>>44593574

I regret not hording a boatload of them, I bought one for an EDH Eldrazi deck the week before the price jump, $5.50.
>>
What is the difference between colorless mana (the anus kind) and the mana used for the generic X mana?
>>
>>44595876
Colorless mana costs can ONLY be paid by sources that produce colorless mana.

Generic costs can be paid by any kind of mana, colored or colorless.
>>
How do you tron players out there like how expensive Grove is getting? Kek
>>
>>44595876
Except for the fact that you can't select it when something says "you gain X mana of any color" or "pick a color", it functions exactly like a new color. So imagine it as yellow mana instead of a new, confusing generic.
Also thanks for not making a new thread just to ask that. Holy hell why does that keep happening?
>>
Assuming some of the new Waste cards are actually decent in modern, do you think we'll see a jump in filter/painland usage/price?
>>
I just bought my third pack of modern masters 15 and I pulled a foil horde of notions and a Tarmogoyf/spoiler]
>>
Holy shit, after all this time, I finally hit the buyout lottery. I have 2 FTV Burnwillows I bought for $50 that I don't need, what should I do?
>>
>>44601636
Grove wasnt a buyout, its been going up for years.
>>
>>44599453
Tron players already own them. None of them are mad.
>>
>>44593810
I know how you feel. I sold my Ulamogs two days before the price jump. At least I sold Drana while she was expensive.
>>
>>44599453#
It's neat having $200 floating around in my manabase. The price is actually kinda lost on me since I bought them some time ago and I'm only reminded of their current price tag when I get the rare compliment on them.
>>
>>44599591
>treat colorless like a new color

It's been here for more than a decade. Literally nothing has changed but notation. How can you people not understand it holy shit
>>
>>44605170
And on that note: sweet baby jesus, $20 price jump since last I checked.
>>
>>44599591
You fucking idiot, it does not function like a new color. Does it contribute to color identity? Can you choose "colorless" as a color for Iona? It's just a casting restriction, nothing more.
>>
>>44605229
Calm down before you pop a vessel son.
You just repeated his post.
>>
>>44605190
>http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/feature/125b
>"Let me start by saying I think the basic structure of your @ mana is solid. It manages to add a pseudo-sixth color in a way that is backward compatible." -Maro on colorless mana costs.
I practically have to have this page fucking bookmarked for you people.
>>
File: 1451443635974.jpg (32 KB, 615x456) Image search: [Google]
1451443635974.jpg
32 KB, 615x456
>mfw people are still confused and getting upset about the difference between (1) and <>

I just hope my group doesn't try to pull confusion with this when we play EDH with Sol Ring
>>
File: you dense motherfucker.png (90 KB, 482x315) Image search: [Google]
you dense motherfucker.png
90 KB, 482x315
>>44605190
>>44605472
>>44605598
People are dumb as shit.

But it certainly doesn't help to explain it to the dumb masses when you introduce this shit IN THE LAST FUCKING SET OF THE BLOCK.

It should already have been in BFZ to actually showcase the mechanic, instead of issuing erratas for a set of the same block that was just released.

And no, the leaks don't matter - you either grasp the concept or you're too retarded to do so.
>>
>>44605472
Do you not understand what "pseudo" means?
Here's a hint: it means not.
>>
Why does anus mana still make people THIS salty? It's not that big a deal desu
>>
File: Red Deck Wins.jpg (16 KB, 341x295) Image search: [Google]
Red Deck Wins.jpg
16 KB, 341x295
>>44605598
>mfw I'm the ruled guru in my group and they don't challenge my explenations anymore because they're tired of admitting I was right
>>
>>44605864
I still get challenged despite me being right literally every time, they just hate being wrong
>>
>>44605864
How's it feel being a real world sheldor BAZIPLE
>>
>>44605802
>Psuedo "almost, approaching, or trying to be."
>Except for the fact that you can't select it when something says "you gain X mana of any color" or "pick a color", it functions exactly like a new color
>Do you not understand what "pseudo" means?
Yes, not like anyone said it was actually a sixth color.
>>
Colorless is actually better than colored
>>
>>44605838
Because there are still morons that don't grasp how it works.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.