[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Knightly Sword Association
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: arming sword.png (96 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
arming sword.png
96 KB, 649x649
I've heard about this new policy the King is doing. It's called a "Royal Army". Basically what he plans on doing is hiring a bunch of young peasants and laborers, give them some halberds, helmets and hauberk, have some mercenaries drill them and keep them under arms constantly. They say it's to secure our lands against bandits and enemy attacks. But I don't buy it for a minute. He's planning on doing away with our gods given feudal rights and making us slaves to the royal government! Something needs to be done to stop it soon.
>>
File: TLG.jpg (38 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
TLG.jpg
38 KB, 500x333
I may be in power to provide a substantial amount of explosive devices for your cause.
>>
Do I smell a hint of ~treeeaaason~?
>>
>>44591220
You're just mad because you and your sons couldn't get in on that shit because you got so drunk at court last winter that you literally shit yourself in front of the King.
They've already put three members of my family in leadership and training positions of the King's Own.
>>
>>44591220
I think you're underplaying just how much bandits have affected some of our lives. It's not like we can just sit around and wait for adventurers to show up - this is real life, not Old Man Q. Givver's stories. Grow up sand accept that hard times call for measures like this.
>>
>>44591220

Who's going to replace those peasants though? Surely he can use the money they generate to hire proper soldiers?
>>
>>44592626
There are always a few surplus peasants who move into towns.
>>
>>44591220
Yeah, this Royal Army thing didn't catch on the last few times it was tried and it won't catch on now. The King is forgetting to answer the most important question first: how does he expect to pay for his little toy army?

It's simple, we just all let him know we're not willing to pay more in taxes to fund his little toy army and that we're all standing together on this - along with our actual household men, who are actually trained right the hell now to fight - and it'll be okay.
>>
File: 1368836172824.jpg (873 KB, 2048x1007) Image search: [Google]
1368836172824.jpg
873 KB, 2048x1007
>>44591220
You idiot! This is your time! Begin your own knightly order, made of more earhtly folks, show them royal scum how it's DONE! That you don't need them!

Knightly Orders need competition and themes to rally around. Keeps everyone sharp, weeds out the traitorous, keeps the bandit numbers low. Royal army, Church Knights, pfah!
>>
Buddy, since when is the king able to bankroll an army large enough to suppress every noble in the kingdom? Relax.

Even if that is his goal and not actually securing the lands (which, I might add, we fucking NEED secured), his force has no heavy cavalry and keeping an army under constant arms big enough to best every noble, his retinue AND levy is enough to bankrupt the richest king in the world.

But come on, let's be honest here... The bandit problem is out of hand. Everyone just treats it as someone else's problem, the moment it's not a personal inconvenience! I know for a FACT that you just chased them off their land and onto Baron Melmarche's. I notice that you didn't lift a finger to help him out when the bandits started putting the squeeze on his holdings. Frankly, the burghers and guildmasters have had enough! The nation and the common man is suffering, while we nobles have pathetic dick-measuring contests and spend our time with dynastic feuds, rather than the feudal DUTIES that come with those much-vaunted rights!

You can count me out, sir. My sword is the king's and so will be that of my children. Now if you don't mind, I think I'll see if there's still openings for officers.
>>
File: carrack.jpg (13 KB, 336x280) Image search: [Google]
carrack.jpg
13 KB, 336x280
>>44593708
I've heard that they'd been getting more money off of tariffs what with those new ships carrying more cargo.
>>
>>44591220
I'm against this mostly becuase like the rest of us, I partake in a bit of banditry when the crops are low.

How else will I feed my children 7 days of the week?
>>
File: knights-templar.jpg (64 KB, 645x403) Image search: [Google]
knights-templar.jpg
64 KB, 645x403
>>44591220
Unless he's going to teach a bunch of peasants how to fight ahorse with lance and sword, I think it'll be fine, Lord Nugent.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.