[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MtG Spoils thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: overwhelmingdenial.jpg (39 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
overwhelmingdenial.jpg
39 KB, 265x370
New week, new spoils

Overwhelming Denial
2UU
Instant
Surge UU (You may cast this spell for its surge cost if you or a teammate has cast another spell this turn.)

Overwhelming Denial can't be coutered by spells for abilities.

Counter target spell.
>>
>>44560232
shit/10
>>
>>44560232
lel
>>
>>44560232
Ready for $5 Gut Shots?
>>
>>44560232
So this spell is perfect for protecting Scapeshift, right? Or is it no better than Negate? Possibly worse, actually, since it's harder to cast. My god Wizards please print some good cards for once.
>>
>>44560267

It's not bad. It's a very proactive counterspell though. It's good for preventing stuff from ruining your current turn rather than putting a spanner in the other guy's cogs.

Seem more the toy of an aggressive blue deck.
>>
>>44560232
holy shit.

>>44560267
Perfect for Twin.
>>
>>44560232
Looks amazing for my EDH deck :).

What an epic set this is shaping up to be, same goes for BFZ.
>>
>>44560318
>Perfect for Twin.
Not exactly since this means turn 6 Splinter Twin at best, when you're nowhere near guaranteed to hit those land drops in the first place. You're much better off protecting yourself with Spell Pierce, Spell Snare, and Dispel.
>>
>>44560318
>>Perfect for Twin.
You don't play modern.
>>
>>44560287
>Seem more the toy of an aggressive blue deck.
Yeah I'm down with that. Swing with Delver, they go to Bolt it, you Vapor Snag their creature then counter it with this. But it still feels like it's hard to get it online and it doesn't do much more than what Negate would do in that situation. I can't see you ever needing to hit a creature with this spell.
>>
>>44560232
It's pretty decent, but come on that should be an uncommon.
>>
Last Word is one of my favorite cards. A superior variation on Last Word, therefore, makes this also one of my favorite cards.
>>
File: SRuydxD.jpg (21 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
SRuydxD.jpg
21 KB, 223x311
>Embodiment of Fury - 4G
>Creature - Elemental - U

>Vigilance
>Land creatures you control have vigilance.
>Landfall— Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may have target land you control becomes a 3/3 Elemental creature with haste until end of turn It's still a land.
>4/4

Looks like that red elemental from before might be a full cycle. Both look like limited bombs.
>>
>>44560693
>Embodiment of Fury
Whoops, that was supposed to be Insight not Fury. English name hasn't been confirmed yet anyway I think
>>
Do we get another Oath today?
>>
>>44560693
So Blue flying, White first strike and Black... deathtouch? Menace?
>>
>>44560232
If you want counterspell then silumgars scorn is better for now.
This reminded me of Chapin & Flores's podcast where they thought we'd be getting mana drain for <><>, kek
>>
Surge seems decent but its not going to be powerful unless wizards print cheap cantrips which they hate.
Oath of Nissa does seem like a good enabler though
>>
>>44560734
Maybe. Pretty hyped to see if we get a black one with poor Ob, forced to clean up is own mess
>>
>>44560873
>implying the black oath won't have an effect that is anti-planeswalker with Ob being a total dick
>Implying the flavour text won't be "Call the Gatewatch, I don't give a fuck"
>>
>the returned and sacrifice cards for b/w
>beings from other planes seem to enter these sets
>innistrad next
I swear if fucking athreos just shows up next set then my money will be ready
>>
>>44560920
I was thinking more of a "I fucked up big time casting Kozilek but I'll still show these Scrubs who's boss"
>>
>>44560267
>So this spell is perfect for protecting Scapeshift, right?
Well, if they have a second counterspell to counter your counter they could just throw that at the Scapeshift instead.
>>
>>44560232
This is one to sell instantly if you open it at the prerelease
>>
>>44561331
Completely out of character. Ob Nixilis wants Zendikar to be destroyed.
>>
>>44560693
Vigilance on Land Creatures is pretty great, not missing mana because you're using them as creatures.
>>
Another one.
>>
>>44561678
I just don't know.
>>
>>44561676

Now I can attack with my Blinkmoth's and Mishra's Factories and still pump them up!
>>
Also who else is seriously considering quitting standard with how this set is shaping up? Unless we get SUPER cheap (mana cost and actual price wise) planeswalker removal Wizards is shooting themselves in the foot.
At LEAST 6 rares in the set are trying to be all about or at least heavily push you to buy more packs/get gouged on the second hand market for walkers.
And casuals don't often have a playset of Ruinious Path's or other such removal to deal with planeswalkers and will just get constantly BTFO'd by them if there is a viable superfriends deck, which seems to be an increasingly likely thing.
Wizards has made a major level fuckup. I understand the flavour of this set having some 'Planeswalkers matter' stuff but the fact that every planeswalker is a mythic makes it feel like a 'money matters' block for constructed instead. And don't even get me started on limited.
cont.
>>
For all the absolute fucking garbage cards wizards excuses in sets because 'm-muh limited!' they then have the balls to print a cycle of cards AT RARE that will be mostly common to uncommon strength unless you get a specific type of mythic in your pool as well.
I can't wait to get three Call the Gatewatches an Oath of Nissa and two shitty lands in my prerelease pack while the guy next to me gets nothing but bombs.
I really wish the second hand market for MtG wasn't full of speculators and jews and that wizards would actually reprint some fucking expensive cards once in a while and just say fuck the hoarders. Fuck it, reprint the reserve list, it benefits nobody. The collectors won't care, because their cards will still be rare and unique because they have the old borders and arts (Plus a real collector cares about the completeness of their collection, not the price of it).
The only person that loses in reprinting expensive cards is the jews on the second hand market that are actively hindering the growth of MtG to casual players that Wizards are trying to bring in.
>>
>>44560920
>"For the sake of my ego I will kill these fuckers"
>>
>>44561723
>>44561743
>Playing Standard anytime past RTR rotated out

Come on, step it up senpai. Modern and Legacy are both infinitely better and one of them is actually cheaper than standard right now.
>>
File: Image.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>44561678
From 3 mana uncommon to 4 mana rare.

Fuck this shit, seriously.
>>
>>44561773
And Pawn at least triggered on its own death.

Why does Wizards go out of its way to make strictly worse cards? We need more Crumble to Dusts, not more Serpentine Spikes
>>
>>44561773
0/1s vs 1/1s, also a better creature.
>>
>>44561767
>>Playing Standard anytime past RTR rotated out
But anon, I started MtG in Theros so RtR had almost rotated by then. I didn't know better.
That said I have an Eggs deck for modern.
>Legacy
>In Australia
>In non-major city Australia especially
laughingbogans.png
Fuck this shitty country and fuck the reserve list cucking me out of playing the superior MtG format.
>>
>>44561773
To be fair 1/1 tokens are a lot more useful than 0/1 (speaking of which why the heck did they change from Eldrazi Spawn?). The card is still garbage though.
>>
>>44561815
Sry Straya, can't help you there. Try moving to a country without Abos
>>
File: ruinous_path.jpg (34 KB, 251x356) Image search: [Google]
ruinous_path.jpg
34 KB, 251x356
>>44561723
You can' t seriously expect them to print cheaper planswalker removal than we already got.
>>
>>44561825
Same reason we've got Devoid: With the titans free all their "apendages" are connected to the main body again and have become more like the titans.
>>
>>44561815

>Eggs deck for Modern

Whereabouts in Aus do you live? You sound like someone I know because he started the same way you did.
>>
>>44561825
Because it made total sense in their minds to make cards that actively lacked synergy with the cards in RoE that cared about Eldrazi Spawn.
>>
>>44561842
Oath of Ob Nixilis
1B - Legendary Enchantment
When ~ enters the battlefield, destroy target planeswalker
At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a loyalty counter from target planeswalker you don't control.
>>
>>44561825
>(speaking of which why the heck did they change from Eldrazi Spawn?).
Some bullshit about 'We wanted to show Eldrazi have been getting stronger" which really just let them re-hash all the old Eldrazi cards but this time COLOURLESS (Read: just made so for highly parasitic standard interactions) and MORE EXPENSIVE (Read: Almost always strictly worse than the original cards).

>>44561842
I know I shouldn't expect them to but it's the only possibly way they can clean up the massive shitfest that will be the average, casual filled FNM dying fucking hard because little billy hates playing against planeswalkers because he can't do anything about them.

>>44561828
>Sry Straya, can't help you there. Try moving to a country without Abos
Still doesn't solve the annoyance of having to pay so much to get a paper Legacy deck to play at actual events instead of just with retarded randoms on Cockatrice/XMage.

>>44561912
South-East Queensland.
>>
>>44561928
that would be a truly amazing pack rare in draft
>>
>>44561942

Ahhh damn I'm in Perth and I know a dude who plays Eggs in Modern around here. He always thinks that nobody wants to play against Eggs but I just reassure him that it gives me more time to eat my lunch.

There are some stores here that even allow a 100% Proxies for weekly Legacy casual tournies.
>>
>>44562011
Yeah I'm still missing a few cards for my deck to be fully complete, chromatic stars and a few Faith's Rewards so I don't actually play it at any modern events around here.
100% proxies Legacy should be the standard system, if I ran my own store I'd run proxy heavy modern events too and just up the entrance price a little bit, it's not like forcing players to invest a lot of money into a deck of 'genuine' cards for those formats actually earns a store much due to how most players going into those formats will buy their cards online instead of getting price-gouged by their local store.
>>
>>44561773
better stats and makes 1/1's seems pretty much an upgrade.
>>
>>44562099

Our Modern events do allow proxies. At first it was 100% proxy to just get more people in and now you're still allowed proxies but I think it's now reduced to 12 or 16 proxies per deck. Which I think it's fair because maybe someone wants to play Junk and don't have enough to fork out for 4x Verdant Catacombs, 4x Lilliana of the Veil, 4x Tarmogoyf.

Only current Modern events not allowing proxies are the GP Trials here for GP Melbourne.
>>
File: g3iqkKi.png (171 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
g3iqkKi.png
171 KB, 265x370
NEW OATH
>>
File: CX4lVaUWkAANssz.png (131 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
CX4lVaUWkAANssz.png
131 KB, 223x311
Wizards explain yourself
>>
>>44562528
>makes 2 1/1s
>on curve with Gideon
>allows Gideon to pump an emblem without dying
>Gidy can keep shitting out allys

If you haven't, order your Gideon's now because shit is gonna spike hard
>>
>>44562528
The fuck is this absolute bullshit.
It's trying to be two things at once, an ally card and a superfriends card.
At least it lets me play Ugin, +2 and then ult next turn if the enemy doesn't remove or damage it.
>>
>>44562528
>muh limited
In limited this is a worse raise the alarm that works with the allies
Otherwise unplayable.
>>
File: Image.jpg (28 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
28 KB, 223x310
>>44562607
Being Ally tokens makes them infinitely better than Raise the Alarm (well, at least in an ally shell). Compare it to pic related. Sure, the oath isn't an instant, but the synergy with Gideon alone makes it playable.
>>
>>44562579
All of the Oaths so far feel like you'd play them for the ETB trigger with the second ability only being an occassional bonus. However, the green one is also the only that isn't way overcosted for what it does.
>>
>>44562528
Well, I'll put it in my deck when Hordeling rotates, seehing how it curves right into Gideon next turn.
>>
No standard thread so Ill ask here. Which one of these budget decks would you say is better than the other?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wb-rally-combo/
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/budgetcrats/

I have 2 Gideons and a Sorin to throw in, along with a Drana and im not sure which list i want to use/upgrade. I dont play much standard, obviously.
>>
>>44562528
Super-Friends is go.

seriously, you WILL see professional level players playing 4 color super friends everywhere now.
>>
File: submergedboneyard[1].jpg (41 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
submergedboneyard[1].jpg
41 KB, 265x370
Why
>>
>>44562541
What a neat card
>mythic
What is with this set? The rares should be uncommons, and the mythics should be rares.
>>
>>44562933

limited Mana fixing, and when Khans+Dragons rotates there won't be any enemy colored duals, so they might as well do the full 10.
>>
>>44562831
IMO, Rally is more consistent and can do a better job even if you don't combo out.
>>
>>44562952
you all screamed that mythics shouldn't be the chase cards.

so.. what is it? should they? shouldn't they?
>>
>>44561743
The only time wizards feels comfortable taking a big shit on their limited design philosophy is if they think they can get casuals to buy packs. Just look at AVR, it's the same thing except planeswalkers instead if angels this time.
>>
>>44561804
>Crumble to Dust
>Not strictly worse
Should have cost 3
>>
>>44562952
And the uncommons are mythic worthy for some reason.
>>
>>44562579
>It's trying to be two things at once, an ally card and a superfriends card.
Which allow those cards to be more or less useful when you don't have a planeswalker.
That's a good thing.
>>
>>44562958
I had the same feeling too. I also feel like the life drain may sneak past any big dumb rhin- i mean creatures that i might come in contact with. Thanks.
>>
>>44562933
Is there a precedent with a do nothing tapland to be uncommon?

Why is it uncommon?
>>
>>44563105
because this isn't a wedge set, its a mono/dual color'd set and this is a limited uncommon.

welcome to limited?
>>
>>44563105
Strictly worse than guildgates from RTR and they were all common, but then again that made sense for the gimmicks in that set
>>
>>44563105
>What is salt marsh
>>
>>44563105
There in fact is, from a long time ago.
>>
>>44563131
>and this is a limited uncommon.
Translation: "This is Wizards intentionally 'wasting' uncommon complexity design space with the excuse of 'muh limited play' so that they don't have to make actually good cards for once".
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (128 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
128 KB, 223x311
>>44561723
There is Crush of Tentacles in new set, and we already have Displacement Wave in standart. Which makes me play picrelated with them and don't give a slightest fuck.
>>
>>44563177
not really wasting when they outright design half the set for limited.

and anon, they have always mad a slew of bad uncommons, commons and rares for every set in existence.

and you are just whining about it now, like anyone gives a shit that your pointing out the 20+ years obvious.

want a clap? everyone to tell you how clever you are?
>>
>>44561723
Yeah, they should really print less powerful PW as rare, but won't since they'll feel less like special snowflakes than they would at mythics.
>>
>>44563276
> No name generic planeswalkers (so non "legendary")
How horrifying would it be?
>>
>>44563276
Print some of those fuckers at common, casuals be damned. The entire weak excuse of rarity levels based on the 'complexity' of cards is just an excuse wizards uses to get out of making new interesting cards for a majority of the set and instead can just print "Grizzly Bears Variation 23: Not even a bear for tribal edition" in the new set to take up space in packs.
>>
>>44563318
could be rather simple.

a 3 mana walker that has like

1+ put a 1/1 onto play with first strike
2- gain 3 life
6- put a 5/5 into play

3 loyalty

something that is rather weak but still serviceable.
>>
File: displacer.png (151 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
displacer.png
151 KB, 265x370
Ayyyy a white eldrazi.
>>
>>44563397
OH SHI-
>>
>>44563105
Yes. By default they are uncommon. In multicolor heavy sets, however, they can be printed at common to make the limited environments play better.
>>
>>44563397
A 3/3 for 3 for limited, and a flicker ability in the right deck. Basic but solid uncommon.
>>
>>44563397
Hello there, spammable Flickerwisp
>>
>>44563421
Are there examples?
The only one I have seen is salt marsh that someone mentioned above.
>>
>>44563397
>REPEATABLE FLICKER IN STANDARD

oh

fuck

no

prepare to get Rhino'd/Iinvalaed unto OBLIVION.

also it comes back immediately so you can just keep doing it
>>
>>44563432
Not only does it flicker your own 187 creatures in your opponent's end step, but it can also tap down your opponent's creatures so that you can get through with that 3/3 body.

Seems like an easy first pick.
>>
>>44563397
Actually kinda usable? I dunno I just like blink abilities.
>>
>>44563444
Original Zendikar. Invasion taplands.
>>
>>44563432
>basic but solid uncommon
That's a rare, bro.
>>
>>44563397
Jesus christ wizards there's a limited amount of rhinos we can bear in only one match
>>
File: 1353892338504.png (238 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1353892338504.png
238 KB, 512x384
>>44563397
I need a playset asap!
>>
>>44563489
Invasion taplands.
ah okay.

Original Zendikar gave you 1 life.
>>
>>44563397

well that seems decent at least.
>>
>>44563432
first, that's a rare.

second that is one of the more busted flicker abilites we have seen in 10 years.

in the right colors.

Rhinos and LInvala's and Mardu Dark Dwellers being flickered forever.

also this acts defensively, they attack with Ojutai you just flicker it/ect ect.
>>
>>44560232
>2UU Surge UU
I'm going to be honest, I expected Cancel with surge UU as a rare. Getting last word with surge UU is...oddly a bit of an upgrade. Too bad it'll be banned in modern - the only decks that wants this are combo lists to protect their lightning storm/scapeshift/living end
>>
>>44563397
And I just ordered an Ashnod's and a bunch of token generators. Time to make all the tokens.
>>
>>44563539
>decent

>in the Rhino Format

>can flicker opponents creatures

>comes back immediately, no endstep.

I think everyone in here has no idea how insane this card is.
>>
>>44563559
Nah, shit's pretty hype.
>>
>>44563536
That is because regular taplands are actually slightly weaker than they can be, while taplands that gain you 1 life is about as good they are allowed to be currently without going up in rarity. We'll fluctuate back and forth between the two power levels depending on how Wizards wants the different environments to feel, but regardless they default to uncommon.
>>
>>44562579
Chump tokens is very much walker related. See theros for details
>>
>>44560920
>"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"
>>
>>44562528
Actually good for Nahiri edh
>>
>>44563397
kek
>>
>>44563559
>>comes back immediately, no endstep.
Somehow, I didn't even realised.
>>
>>44563397
Best white Eldrazi
>>
>>44563397
Interesting. It's not a replacement for Flickerwisp in decks that actually rely on blinking, because it essentially costs 6 for the first activation, does nothing off an Aether Vial, and can only hit creatures. It's not a replacement for Restoration Angel because it's vulnerable to Bolt, has no evasion, no flash, and is more expensive to get the first flicker. The only advantage to how it plays, at least where Wisp and Resto are options, is that it can be used defensively.

But in Standard? Where Bolt isn't a problem, and it's not competing with better cards? I can see it being pretty powerful so long as there are decent targets for it like Rhino.
>>
>>44563697
And the worst one at the same time!
>>
>>44563397

what else can we flicker for good effect other then meme rhino?
>>
>>44563765
god fuck.

I was thinking too literally with this comment
>>
>>44563745
Goblin Dark Dwellers
new Linvala
Siege Rhino

there are more, assuredly.
>>
>>44560920
>"Call the Gatewatch, they can't un-Ob Nixilis you."
>>
>>44560232
Neat card, costs as much as Negate if played right, can counter creature and Planeswalker spells and cannot be countered in return.

>>44560693
>>44560735
>>44561676
You know, with all these neat elementals giving Land creatures neat abilities the Awaken mechanic from BfZ is starting to look much better... For kitchen table anyways.

>>44561678
>>44561773
Its true that Pawn of Ulamog is more practical if you only care about getting moar <>, but hey, I'm gonna run both in my Eldrazi EDH deck for dat sweet double trigger.

Anyways, it ain't strictly worse, it has its uses, specially in more agressive decks.

>>44562528
Oh god.

>>44563397
WHAT THE FUCK

(neat card tho, very good to play with some Eldrazi Processors)
>>
>>44561678
I mean, this replaces all of the dudes who die in the Aristocrats deck and gives you more fodder to throw away.
>>
>>44563397
>Awakened lands/manlands
>Reflector Mage
>General Tazri
>Greenwarden of Murasa

I'm liking that card already. Too bad it doesn't work with Oblivion Sower.
>>
>>44561331
>implying Ob Nixilis did anything wrong
>>
>>44563397

any way to make this go infinite?
>>
>>44563961
not in standard.
>>
>>44562011
$$$ Perth Crew $$$
Nearly went to my first ever
modern monday tonight. Bitched out tho, kek.
>>
File: 1412699076800.jpg (44 KB, 558x564) Image search: [Google]
1412699076800.jpg
44 KB, 558x564
>>44563397
>Zulaport Cutthroat and Brood Monitor in fucking Limited
>>
>>44563961
Considering you need to generate three mana? Not in standard yet
>>
>>44563996

brood monitor?
>>
>>44563993
>Whenever Zulaport Cutthroat or another creature you control dies
>Dies
>>
File: ulamog's nullifier.png (132 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
ulamog's nullifier.png
132 KB, 223x311
>>44563896
>very good to play with some Eldrazi Processors

Not really, it's not until end of turn so only processors with flash hit it.
In fact, now that I think about it, I don't even think that Nullifier can hit it because wouldn't the ability all resolve together and there wouldn't be a timing to hit it while in exile?
>>
>>44563788
Linvala is potentially powerful, but not at the same level as Rhino. Linvala's abilities are really conditional, and flickering her is only good if you were getting your ass reamed BAD before getting both cards out.

With Rhino you'd never be in that position, and you get value for sure every time you flicker it.
>>
>>44563961
The green six drop that makes three scions.
But all that gets you is infinite ETB trigger, so you that RB uncommon that pings or Zulaport.

In EDH it can serve as a replacement for nim deathmantle in the combo with Ashnod's altar.
>>
>>44564012
Could work but it's rather pricey and doesn't win you the game.
>>
>>44563932
Well, wrong for his own safety, he summoned an Eldrazi and freed another, and yet the fucker's committing the classica villain mistake of not finishing the job and getting the fuck out. He admitted himself that one small mistep would lead him into insanity. Also, do you seriously think that Kozilek, the embodiment of deception himself, needed one random guy to awake himself and wreck havoc? I fear Wizard is going to humiliate that cool son of a bitch of a character by making him collaborate with the watch for saving his own punk ass.
>>
>>44563397
Even at rare, there is no reason whatsoever for this to be anything more than a 2/2 or a 1/3.
>>
>>44564030
They die when you sac them for the mana each time.
>>
>>44564031
I think he just means using it to get more uses out of ETB processors
>>
>>44564050

add impact tremors would that work?
>>
>>44563397
Goes infinite with Brood Monitor, add cutthroat for fun!

Enjoy your infinite combo in Abzan colors guys!
>>
>>44564030
You make three scions that activate zulaport three times when you sac them for mana.
>>
>>44564087
It does, it's rather fragile though
>>
>>44563983

I'm guessing you're referring to Cannington GG? That's the only store I know that have Modern on Monday's and is kinda too far for me to make the trip constantly. Most of the regulars there are a fairly competitive bunch so you'll be playing against quite a bit tier 1 and tier 2 decks and are solid players.

Last time I went(months back) it was mostly Jund there with Twin. I will definitely say that Perth has a predominantly Twin based meta though, mostly U/R and Grixis.
>>
>>44564066
>>44564101

Thought he was talking about blinking zulaport, not both in conjunction, the brain fart was mine
>>
>>44564031
You can hit them during your turn and with activated Processor abilities. But yeah, timing might not allow it in tournament play. But that's not a concern for a kitchen table player like me.
>>
>>44563397
Just realized that this kills Hangarback. That might very well be the most relevant Eldrazi in this standard.
>>
>>44564273
Oh man it does.
>>
>>44564031
Read the fucking card. The flickered creature comes back instantly.
>>
>>44563397
With Reflector mage for repeatable bounce this will be insane. They're even in the same colors.
>>
>>44564144
Yeah man. I'm bringing a shitty red burn deck down to just get a feel for the game. Well aware I'm going to get trashed. Thanks though! I'll look into some U/R hate stuff.
>>
>>44564353

Whereabouts do you live mostly? North or South of the River?
>>
Do you think they considered the interaction with cutthroat and Brood Monitor? Because that's an infinite damage combo that seems very easy to get.
>>
>>44564435
It's a 3 card combo in 3 colors that involves a 6 mana card. So even if they considered it, I doubt they care.
>>
>>44564413
South. I'm about 10 minutes away from Cannington GGs, it's pretty convenient. Used to drive all the way up to Retro in Morley before I discovered this place.
>>
File: 401839.full.png (112 KB, 200x279) Image search: [Google]
401839.full.png
112 KB, 200x279
>>44564491
there are ways to play it earlier.
>>
>>44564435
>very easy
>6 drop piece of shit not-even-good-in-limited creature
>need 3 creatures in play
>need to take spots from more performing aristocrat list.

Yeah. Do that.
>>
Shit, I forgot how expensive Brood Monitor is. Nevermind.
>>
>>44564530

That's pretty good save on travel time and petrol. I usually play up more northern area since there's two stores there that run Modern events on different days.
>>
Guys, with Displacer you can steal someone's Planeswalker using Dragonlord Silumgar multiple times in a turn.
>>
>>44563397
>Rhinos 41-60
>>
>>44564607
>Brood Monitor
>6 drop piece of shit not-even-good-in-limited creature

Green is bad in BFZ but you seriously have not played limited if you honestly believe this. There are basically 4 reasons to play green in all of BFZ and Brood Monitor is one of them.
>>
>>44564655
wait, can you use its abilities several times if you gain and lose control of it a few times?
>>
>>44564687
Not sure, let me check.
>>
File: gilt-leafwinnower.full.jpg (97 KB, 240x345) Image search: [Google]
gilt-leafwinnower.full.jpg
97 KB, 240x345
REMOVE NON ELVES
>>
>>44564687
>>44564712
Nevermind, it checks each turn regardless of whether you have control of it or not. Damn.
>>
>>44564687
>>44564712
606.3:
A player may activate a loyalty ability of a permanent he or she controls any time e or she has priority and the stack is empty during a main phase of his or her turn, but only if no player has previously activated a loyalty ability of that permanent that turn.
>>
>>44564687
I want to say yes.
>>
>>44564727
fuck, i meant to link to >>44563397
>>
>>44564739
Still, this means you can use Silumgar against Superfriends and steal each one, theoretically.
>>
>>44564594
4 color*
>>
Could also flicker Atarka for 3 mana 5 damage
>>
>>44564031
>>44564217
You can't process anything exiled with displacer because the thing comes back as part of the resolution of the ability.

(And you can't do anything while a spell or ability is resolving but you already knew that much didn't you?)
>>
>>44563397
I can play an evoke creature for its evoke cost, then exile it with this to dodge the sacrifice effect, right?
>>
>>44564787
Only if they set up again after your first Atarka, or played a Planeswalker. Most likely the majority of this use will be to bounce Rhino, maybe in Elves for 3 mana draw a card/3 mana make an Elf.
>>
>>44564750
And you would be wrong
>>
Can't wait to flicker my gary in EDH several times a round.
>>
>>44564813
Yes you can

> Mulldrifter - 4<>U
> Draw four cards get a 2/2 flyer tapped

How good.
>>
>>44564864
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
>>
>>44564864
I want to say think that you're saying this is ok but I'm not really sure.
>>
>>44565020
not him, but you can always repeat it. 3 mana to draw 2 cards sound okay, if it stays on the board.
>>
>>44564727
>not remove eyeblights
>>
>>44563993
Only the third pack of Draft is Battle for Zendikar, so that will be pretty hard to put together.
Though it'll be great when it does.
>>
>>44565061
the fact everything is uncommon but the Flicker guy is pretty scary.
>>
>>44565039
Yeah, to bad it can't blink itself. Would absolutely snap Standard in half if it could. Repeatable ETBs, dodge removal, sorta fog, this guy is great anyway.
>>
>>44565149
Eldrazi Displacer is probably going into Abzan Company featuring Shaman of the Pack. Llanowar Wastes and Caves of Koilos for the colorless requirement, and other decent ETBs to flicker like Visionary and Dwynen's Elite.
>>
>>44565149
Just get two, have them flicker each-other
Not entirely serious
>>
>>44565177
>"ill just flicker this twice dealing you 12.

please kill me.
>>
>>44565204
don't worry, one more flicker and you'll be dead
>>
>>44565226
anon, I would be dead anyways, this would be the 3rd time the Shaman has triggered.
>>
>>44565177
To be honest, I don't really care about Standard that much, though I like to keep track. I mostly play Draft and EDH.
>>
File: hell2002b.jpg (53 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
hell2002b.jpg
53 KB, 720x480
>>44565177
>Jeeessus Wept

>"Violently dismembered by elves"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoA63WunEJ0
>>
>>44565177
Might as well throw in a Wingmate Roc for Bird tokens.

Or Brood Monitor and Altar of the Brood to mill them out.
>>
>>44563772
New Linvala is the only thing that jumps out at me right now.
>>
>>44561924
You have no idea how incredibly mad this makes me.

>wanted to fuck around with Broodwarden as a joke
>NOPE, SCIONS, NOT SPAWNS, FUCK OFF :)

Fuck WotC.
>>
>>44565362
so no shaman of the pack? wingmate Roc? getting double activations off Gideon (swing with Gideon, flicker him after combat, then make a 2/2)

Goblin Dark Dwellers, the new Blue/White Bouncer, ect ect ect ect.
>>
>>44562541
Meh, I like it.
>>
Do you think we'll ever get legendary eldrazi that aren't the big three?
>>
>>44565557
If wizards sees money in it to name random drones.
>>
>>44565362
Khans block:
>Wingmate Roc and most of the Raid guys
>Triggers dead Anafenza
>Khans Sidisi
>Silumgar stops a plainswalker's abillity
>Atarka for damage
>Temur War Shaman
>Dead Sidisi

Origins:
>Shaman of the Pack
>Ma'n'Pa
>Abbot of Keral Keep
>Elv Hypocrite
>Flesbag Marauder
>Mizzium Meddler
>Flip Nissa
>Priest of the Blood Rite
>Harbringer of the Tides
>Woodland Bellower
>Whirler Rogue

BFZ, including spoilers:
>General Tazri
>Reflector Mage
>Greenwarden of Murasa
>Flashback Goblins
>Anything with Rally
>Any Scion generators

And that dude from SOI mills you. Might become relevant if we get some graveyard matters stuff.
>>
>>44563397
>another target creature
>not another target creature you control
Holy shit.
>>
>>44565727
meant for >>44563772
>>
>>44565617
I mean, some eldrazi drones seem fairly rare or are even one of a kind. Especially some of the fatties.
>>
>>44565617
When has Wizards ever done some stupid gimmick just as a way to milk money out of people? Name one time, I dare you. That's right, you can't.
>>
>>44565557
No, because those are the only three Eldrazi there are.
>>
>>44563961
If you have a creature that spawns 3+ scions then sure
>>
>>44565781
Is it confirmed that in the entire multiverse there's no more Eldrazi and that they can't reproduce somehow?
>>
>>44565821
No, but those are the only ones we have. Each "brood" is actually part of the main Titan, whose appearance on the card doesn't actually reflect its power.
>>
>>44565821
I think all we know about the Eldrazi is that the big 3 were sealed on Zendikar and that up to this point they haven't been seen by any of the oldwalkers on other planes of existence.

There's been speculation that Merit Lage might've been another Eldrazi titan, but the lore around her is vague at best.
>>
>>44565419
>bounce gideon

i like you
>>
File: en_riypfjt7ww[1].png (155 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
en_riypfjt7ww[1].png
155 KB, 265x370
>>44565727
Also fade down creatures from Khans block?
>>
>>44563397

>White finally gets an Eldrazi
>it's the undisputed best Eldrazi

What the fuck Wizards.
>>
>>44566048
We already had someone check that earlier. Even if you flicker your planeswalker you can't get another activation out of it.

However, by that same rule you can use a Silumgar to steal to a planeswalker, activate it's - abilities and steal something else.
Or you reset the loyalty counters on your own planeswalker.
>>
>>44566118
>Even if you flicker your planeswalker you can't get another activation out of it.
Yes, you can.
>>
>>44566118
You can totally flicker and re-use your planeswalker
>>
>>44566118
You can.

>However, by that same rule
what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>44566080
Not exactly sure on manifest, but I think you could cast something as a morph and then use the flicker to not-really turn it up.

Best use for this would probably be Ponyback Brigade or the mythic phoenix.
>>
>>44566118
You can flicker planeswalkers and get new activations, because it's an entirely new instance of the planeswalker.

The problem is you can't flicker them with this Eldrazi.
>>
>>44566178
you can if they can turn into a creature.
>>
File: 110.jpg (79 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
110.jpg
79 KB, 312x445
>>44566210
If we're going the mycosynth lattice>march of the machines route, we can have way more fun than that.
>>
>>44566164
>>44566167
>>44566170

Okay, I misread this rule: >>44564739. You can re-use a flickered plainswalker, though you currently only gideons are a viable target for the eldrazi when he turns into a creature.
>>
>>44566267
I think he meant any Gideon ever.
>>
>>44566267
wait, can it get planeswalker abilities that way? Holy shit
>>
>>44566311
It can. They updated the rules so it can't be exploited though.
>>
>>44566408
Oh? what did they change?
>>
>>44566311
If so, only while those plainswalkers are creatures. Without further shenanigans that would limit you to gideon, giving you basicly a copy of him that's always a creature.

But then I'm not sure if permanent without the plainswalker type can activate those abilities. And loyalty abilities even might not count as activated abilities at all.
>>
>>44566441
permanents (not just planeswalkers) can only activate one loyalty ability per turn.
>>
>>44566116
"if it ain't white, it ain't right" Ben "pull the trigger on every motherfucking nigger" Garrison.
>>
>>44566408
So I guess the exploit was copying a champion of justice, becoming an infintely big creature and then exiling everything else on the board?
>>
>>44566118
The thing with Silumgar is that the Planeswalker in question isn't changing zones, that's why you can't use its abilities more than once in a turn.

Flickering though, because Gideon is a creature until end of turn, works because he leaves as a creature and returns tapped as a Planeswalker, meaning you can use his abilities again.
>>
>>44566458
606.1. Some activated abilities are loyalty abilities, which are subject to special rules.

606.2. An activated ability with a loyalty symbol in its cost is a loyalty ability. Normally, only planeswalkers have loyalty abilities.
>>
>>44566648
Flickering would even work if Gideon wasn't a creature.
>>
>>44566466
It used to say planeswalkers? Alright, that must have been super-broken.
>>
>>44566701
Yes, but this specific eldrazi can only flicker creatures.
>>
>>44563397

This feels too strong.
>>
>>44566749

It's ok anon, it still dies to removal.
>>
>>44566701
>"2<>: Exile another target creature, then return it to the battlefield tapped under its owner's control."
>>
>>44563772
Whirler Rogue / Pia and Kiran Nalaar
>>
>>44566731
>>44566785
I said "flickering" would work and not "flickering with the whitedrazi".
>>
>>44566749
What, don't you want to play against a 36 Rhino deck?
>>
>>44566749
>>44566116
Honestly I think it's designed pretty fairly. The ability cost is enough that spamming it isn't gonna be super easy. It's just it's surrounded by so much garbage it looks like it's king Kong of these shit eldrazi
>>
>>44562528
My Hanna superfriends&humility deck is very happy right now.
>>
>>44567000
>using Humility in EDH

not only a tryhard, an asshole try hard.
>>
>>44567288
I opened it in a pack in 1997 and I'm just glad I finally found a place for it 18 years after.
>>
File: 59.jpg (71 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
59.jpg
71 KB, 312x445
>>44563397
Somebody make it happen.
>>
>>44562528
Christ I hate this cycle. Everything about it.

>>44562952
That card is a perfectly fine Mythic. You don't want good cards in Mythic or they'll cost even more.

>>44563397
Holy fuck, a playable card! I didn't think they'd make one this block.
>>
File: combo.png (262 KB, 423x311) Image search: [Google]
combo.png
262 KB, 423x311
>>44567532
I think people are forgetting pic related are still a thing.

GWx Manifest Fatties deck?
>>
>>44567771
Due to the white eldrazi I was trying to storm up a permanent only deck with big fatties, and enchantments that I can manifest and flicker onto the field.
>>
>>44567771
You probably won't run enoug fatties to make them useful without topdeck manipulation.
I'd to love see another manifest deck, but I haven't seen much of it since rotation.
>>
>still no common removal spoiled
>>
>>44567890
of course not, anon
wouldn't want to let people start getting a feel for the set before release
gotta drop all the never-gonna-see-them-in-draft cards first
not like there's a limited gp a week after the set drops
which i am attending
>>
>>44567934
>tfw Constructed play is ruining my Limited experience

THANKS MARO
>>
>>44563397
>You can now make a deck that is nothing but rhinos and lands

I could actually run that deck if not for Jace.
>>
>>44563397
This seems strong. Like, really strong. In Limited, Standard and EDH. People might find something to do with it in Modern too, though I don't know what type of deck it would be in (maybe a Rally deck?)
>>
>>44568117
>first pack get this.

>3rd pack some idiot wheels me a Cutthroat and a Brood Monitor and I just instant kill everyone.

infinite 3 card combos when 2 of them are uncommon is a bit retarded in a limited format.
>>
>>44568197
I just want this to be in my prerelease pool.

Or this, Deceiver of Form anf some decent Allies.
>>
>>44567288
I play aggro in EDH and even I think you're a faggot. Humility is fine, run more disenchants.
>>
>>44561928
Would play in main deck.
>>
>>44561928
>forced to destroy own planeswalker when there are no other targets
>>
>>44568482
"you don't control"
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.