[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OK /tg/ I really need your help with somethin: Last night, our
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 12
File: 20151031_133809.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20151031_133809.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
OK /tg/ I really need your help with somethin:

Last night, our DM decided it was a good idea to be a stupid piece of shit and kill my character off just because I Had to take care of some family stuff and I didnt really get much of a chance or forewarning that stuff was gonna happen. So get this, now he's like "YOU CAN COME BACK HURRR JUST MAKE ANOTHER CHARACTER!"

so,

I need your help
Help me make the most badass broken shit I can use to derail the game as hard as possible. I'm allowed to use any kind of sourcebooks, and it's 3.5e d&d. I do want to go as a Gnoll that way he doesn't suspect anything because he thinks I only play gnolls because of my fursona, but that's not really being called into the question. The point is,

tl;dr help me build an op gnoll.

pic semi-unrelated. I had to burn through two of these bad boys because I was so mad when I found out. Fuck that guy, he's an asshole.
>>
>>44549928
Fighting That Guy with That Guy just creates two That Guys. Just find a better group.
>>
>>44549990
yeah but I want to make sure That Guy gets justice. I cant let him win, and I need to win for the sake of the other players at the table. They shouldnt need to be subjected to his bullshit anymore.
>>
>>44550008
Seriously, the best thing you can do is leave. Take the rest of the group with you. Abandon your shit GM at the curb.
>>
File: tumblr_nnhwyg7ovm1qkcl7wo1_400.jpg (22 KB, 299x298) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnhwyg7ovm1qkcl7wo1_400.jpg
22 KB, 299x298
>>44549928
>because of my fursona
>my fursona
>my
>fursona
>>
>>44549928
well do you play online?
>>
File: unlimited bait works.png (224 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
unlimited bait works.png
224 KB, 600x450
>>
>>44550028
They're not likely to up and leave though, they're suffering symptoms of stockholm syndrome (i already asked if theyd leave too)

Stockholm syndrome, or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending and identifying with the captors. These feelings are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, who essentially mistake a lack of abuse from their captors for an act of kindness.[1][2] The FBI's Hostage Barricade Database System shows that roughly eight percent of victims show evidence of Stockholm syndrome.[3]

Stockholm syndrome can be seen as a form of traumatic bonding, which does not necessarily require a hostage scenario, but which describes "strong emotional ties that develop between two persons where one person intermittently harasses, beats, threatens, abuses, or intimidates the other."[4] One commonly used hypothesis to explain the effect of Stockholm syndrome is based on Freudian theory. It suggests that the bonding is the individual's response to trauma in becoming a victim. Identifying with the aggressor is one way that the ego defends itself. When a victim believes the same values as the aggressor, they cease to be perceived as a threat.[5]

Stockholm syndrome is sometimes erroneously referred to as Helsinki syndrome.[6][7]

That is them in a nutshell . I NEED to do this! I need your help so please quit screwing around and just anser the OP request.
>>
>>44550008
Fuck off. "You can't let him win", you realise how childish that sounds? Walk away. There is literally no reason for you to go back and say " Well nyuh to you!", only you are some kind of That Manchild.
Tell the other players you're not willing to play with a DM like this and so you're out, but you want to play with them again some day.
>>
>>44550100
>fuck off
>contributes nothing meaningful to the conversation at hand
No, YOU fuck off.
>>
>>44550088
>expecting me to read that copy pasted shit
>expecting me to believe in your no doubt professional and accredited psychological evaluation
You are That Guy. You want to force your fursona into a game just to spoilt the fun of others.

If I was your DM I'd be killing off your characters too. Actually, no I wouldn't. I'd just be telling you to leave instead.
>>
>>44549928
>>44550088
>3.5e d&d
Right, then. Let's get cracking.
Goal here is to derail the campaign in the most dramatic way to do this.
I suggest the best way to do this is to kill off all your party members. When they complain, tell them they can just make a new one LOL.

What level are you starting as and what level/class are your party members? I suggest a fell drain magic missile build, but need numbers and character generation methods.
>>
>>44549928
>Fursona
We don't take kindly to your kind in these parts...
>>
>>44550118
You're going to look like a child. Here's what you do. Make the exact same character but with a different first name. They're twins, or triplets or whatever
>>
>>44549928
>Not showing up on gamenight
>Being butthurt

Pick one you scum. It's probably not the first time it's happened and you probably blamed family stuff those times too. Learn your lesson and take it like a man, do better next time. Don't prove them right by acting like a spoiled child who'd rather ruin the fun for everyone else than participate.
>>
>>44549928
Just leave the group. Alternatively, talk with him like two normal adult beings.

Also
>tripfiend
>did I tell you about my fursona
>I want to derail the game
The first two are acceptable in VERY restricted cases (that aren't the current one). The third one never is. Use your new years resolutions to become a better person instead of trying to exact revenge on your GM.
>>
>>44549928

Oh shit, I think I know who you are. Weren't you the guy playing a Gnoll PC who was constantly afraid that the DM would kill you somehow? Because if that was you, you're a complete faggot.

I swear that this exact question has been asked multiple times.
>>
>>44550453
The funny thing is, if a thread was up about Gnolls in general and how to make the best gnoll mechanically, OP may well have gotten a reasonable thread.
Instead he came out saying "I'm a complete cock who wants to ruin a game with my fursona".
>>
Aren't you that little bitch who was scared of a lich when you were playing as a paladin?
>>
So a furry tripfag wants help to make a broken character to ruin a game because of vague reasons.

I don't really mind if you want to just make up shit to get responses or whatever, but could you at least make it more entertaining?
>>
>>44550489
You say reasonable thread, but I can't think of a way to make a gnoll OP that wouldn't be a little sickening. Racial HD are usually the biggest indicator that you shouldn't play a race in 3.5
>>
>>44549928
>>44550453

Well, Mr Sholk, after reviewing your case file (for my colleages, I've brought up the relevant links http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/username/Sholk/ )

I'm finding some discrepancies here - while it appears this isn't the first time you've had your abusive DM, you'd said you'd managed to get away from the game in the past and had stopped playing with "that real creeper of a DM".

Is this a new DM, or the same DM? As if it's the same DM as before, you've already stated you cannot trust them to play by the rules by artificially inflating a lich's hit points and AC to engineer your defeat, and by that logic any act you do will only end in defeat, as the DM makes the rules and has shown they are willing to break them to make your character be defeated.

Have you considered leaving the game instead of attempting a futile venture?
>>
>2016
>typical 3.5 problems
Stay the course, OP. I'll take the worst hipster newfag at my table before you.
>>
>>44550769
Of all the problems in the OP 3.5 was the one that stuck out for you?
>>
>>44549928
Oh look, it's THIS shitlord again.

Stealing my trip wasn't enough for you, was it? Oh no. You have to keep coming back here and make me look like the faggot you wish I was. You couldn't handle my foxkin cock, big boy. ;) Now do the right fucking thing for once, give me back my trip and quit fucking with my characters, Jessie! Do you have any fucking idea how bad this shit fucking triggers me every time? EVERY FUCKING TIME, JESSIE! This wouldn't happen if you would just let me wear my foxtail to the game. I NEED IT TO FEEL COMFORTABLE IN SOCIETY, YOU FUCKING FURSECUTER!
>>
>>44550088
why the fuck did you copypaste that shit you dumb shit everybody knows what stockholm syndrome is
>>
>>44550008
By continuing to play with him, he wins.
By playing his game and wasting your time and effort that could be spent towards enjoying your hobby, you lose.
>>
>>44549928
Holy shit, I thought I recognized your trip. Listen dude, you seriously need to pick up another hobby. You keep trying to play this shit like a competition and it just fucking isn't. Maybe you have bad luck finding groups, or maybe (just maybe) you're the goddamn problem.

Seriously, I'm not even trying to bait you here. You keep banging your head against the wall on this, and it really doesn't sound like you see a problem with how you play. Find a game that fits your style. You're gonna be much happier in the longtime.
>>
>>44550233
Now, Skeeter, he weren't hurtin' nobody.
>>
>>44550814
Because of course he plays 3.5
>>
I just wanted some advice. Yes, it's the same DM as before because dispite how much of an ass he is he is my fiend and I want things to work out I just don't like him treating me like shit and I tried to play a non gnoll i was an asabi and he still killed me. I don't like this and I need to put him in my place and YES I DID HAVE A VALID REASON I COULDNT MAKE IT TO THE GAME MY DOG DIED YOU ASSHOLE so there is not reason for him to treat me like that. PLS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME GET VENGANCE AGAINST MY SHITTER DM SO HE CAN QUIT DM AND ILL DM AND MAKE IT A GOOD GAME.
>>
>>44554027

Do you insist on Gnoll? I do so much more with a regular ol' human...

Also, this may have been answered, but what level?
>>
>>44554027
Maybe you shouldn't have fucked your dog in the ass.
>>
>gay furry tripfag gnoll had his character killed off while he was away doing stuff
>now suddenly is back and thinks the DM is an evil faggot who is That Guy and must destroy his game, despite having virtually no problem with the DM or his game prior to his being killed off

Just sounds like you're being a big fat piece of baby shit. Suck it up, buttercup.

Also, word of advice : DMs know and expect people that come back to come back with revenge on the mind and will either BTFO you or make you look like the autistic retard you are.
>>
OP is That Guy and should know better
>>
File: OP a fag type pokemon.jpg (45 KB, 479x464) Image search: [Google]
OP a fag type pokemon.jpg
45 KB, 479x464
>>
Gnoll paladin thread?
>>
>>44555722

What an awful place
>>
File: 1447462484551.gif (1 MB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1447462484551.gif
1 MB, 625x626
>>44555757
>>
>>44555892
>>44555757

Moderately sure samefag.
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 640x960
Hmm.
>>
>>44554027
your dog died, that seems like a perfectly good reason to piss off some friends who will out live it by like 30 years.
>>
>>44555993
Not him but, from the sounds of his "friends" in the OP and what that link on the archive shows, they're not good people anyway. Anyone got any tips for optimizing Gnolls? I'm curious.
>>
>>44555757
you went to 4chan. admitted to being a furry, then asked for help ruining a traditional game on the traditional gaming board, and you did not expected rudeness, nigger, you just went full retard, never go full retard man.
>>
>>44554027
Have you ever considered that it might be you with the stockholm syndrome?

Also: Fuck off, you stupid furry.
>>
>>44555921
What happened? Those posts aren't showing up for me.
>>
Ladies and gentlefags, Autism!
>>
File: 533px-Get_furry_out_of_here.jpg (66 KB, 533x600) Image search: [Google]
533px-Get_furry_out_of_here.jpg
66 KB, 533x600
>>44549928
>Last night, our DM decided it was a good idea to be a stupid piece of shit and kill my character off just because I Had to take care of some family stuff
Something tells me it wasn't because of "family stuff".
>I do want to go as a Gnoll that way he doesn't suspect anything because he thinks I only play gnolls because of my fursona
Ah, there it is.
>>
>>44549928
So... gnoll is your choice for op?
Not just a human wizard. Really, it just depends on how well he actually knows the rules and what level you start at. For instance, if you are 10+, just look up a wizard build and wreck
>>
Holy shit, you're the Gnoll pally guy. You know that /tg/ doesn't forget things, didn't you? Your last thread was a huge shit show, but you're still gonna try and get us on your side again?

Look, you wanna make something broken in 3.5, just play a wizard. It's that easy.

Given how this thread is going, it seems like you haven't changed much.
>>
Fuck my ass with a doggy dildo
>>
>>44556301
fuck off faker.
>>
>>44556301
How do delete this
menat to GOOGLE
>>
>>44556301
DELETE THIS
>>
>>44556336
DELETE ME
>>
>>44556301
>>44556315
Ugh, could you have your furfag breakdown somewhere else please dude?
>>
File: 1444777423342.png (178 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1444777423342.png
178 KB, 1600x900
Is there any way this thread is anything but bait?
>>
>>44556360
>>
File: fur.jpg (44 KB, 300x427) Image search: [Google]
fur.jpg
44 KB, 300x427
>>44555757
I'd have helped once I was done mocking you
>>
>>44556373
It might also be Zule.
>>
>>44556373
>le epin """EVERYTHING IS BAIT""" meme :^)
i swear to god /tg/ you are even more paranoid than /x/. It's like you fuckers think someone's standing behind you ready to burst out laughing if you believe something, shouting "GOTCHA, RETARD!"
>>
>>44555936
Lolololol
>>
>>44556394
Nigga, in the last thread this faggot started he was samefagging pretending to be his DM and fucked up his name. It's pretty obvious bait.
>>
>>44556420
>/tg/ is one person
>>
>>44556449
He had the same name and trip you doof.
>>
Can people plz stop using my tripcode?
4chan is so mean, I swear
>>
>>44556466
Don't call me a doof. It's possible that dude was trying to get sympathy points (but badly fucking that up) you know. I mean, its possible it's a genuine ruseman but why the shit would anyone go through this much trouble for such poor quality bait?
>>
>>44556492
I'd point out Virt and Carnac, but I suppose even they didn't go through this much trouble to liss off the board.
>>
>>44556533
Not too familiar with them, links? Also shit, if that 6 was a 5 you'd have a full house.
>>
>>44556551
They're notorious trolls. Virt got banned in September and I haven't seen Carnac since the seraphon killed that daemon prince with rocks.
>>
>>44556030
>be wizard
>alter self
>>
>>44556620
I see. Reading through the archive, mostly finding namecalling about those two. But seriously, the way this guy (OP) takes himself in his posts I am genuinely convinced he's legit. I'm also thoroughly convinced that he's got some issues that he's got to work out, and being in a toxic environment isn't helping. OP if you're listening, just let it go already and find another game or hobby. You might even try roll20 if you really need to play that badly.
>>
>>44554027
>autism this bad
>>
>>44556394
Nah, just that /tg/, like any board, is constantly at risk of being pretty much 90% bait if people fall for the same dumb arguments every thread. Better to derail the convo than to encourage stagnation.
>>
>>44549928
Fuck off, tripfag
>>
>>44549928
>cubic cigares
You have no taste
>>
It's sad because at least two separate posters offered to help but OP never specified what level or character creation technique. Although he responded to all the other stuff.

As if he didn't WANT help.
>>
BTW the DM is his boyfriend
>>
Clear bait
>>
>trying to ruin it for everyone else
don't be a fag
>>
>fursona

No

No help for you. Become "That Guy" on your own. You are off to a great start.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (127 KB, 457x571) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
127 KB, 457x571
>>44549928
Fuck off and die, desu.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.