[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you allow food at your table?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: sadffa.png (1 MB, 1302x707) Image search: [Google]
sadffa.png
1 MB, 1302x707
Do you allow food at your table?
>>
Yes.

Because I only play online.
>>
Depends on the food, the players are expected to not make a mess, that is all
>>
At the dinner table yes. We take break from the game table around 8pm to have potluck. Last week was holiday leftovers; so various sausages, leftover turkey made into pot pies, half-drunk bottles of wine, and stew.
>>
>>44548311
Yes.

Noting too messy.
>>
Yeah but only the chips and soda we usually offer. If we order a pizza or go out for burritos, we take a break to eat.
>>
>>44548311
Pretty much, yeah.
We order out when people arrive, do pre-game setup, recaps and the like, and then everyone's in the proper mood by the time food arrives, usually. It's a nice buffer to get things running smoothly.
>>
Yes.

>Books are mine, but I am not a psychopath, so I don't care if they get messy or stained
>invite players over around dinner so they can eat before playing
>usually only munch on snacks during play
>it is a large table, plenty of room for plates, bowls, etc
>we are competent adults that don't tend to spill or drip food on things.
>>
>>44548460
>not caring if your books get messy

You're a degenerate.
>>
Usually we just go out for pizza
>>
>>44548460
Do you not care at all if they get stained, or are you not just worried about them getting stained?
>>
>>44548546
>babying everything you own
A little damage to things makes them unique. I also am not afraid to write in or dog ear books.

Also, if one of my players spilled an entire bottle of beer on my PHB, I am confident that they would pay to replace the book.
>>
>>44548460
>not wanting people to smudge food and greasy shit on your books makes you a psychopath
>>
>>44548460
>but I am not a psychopath, so I don't care if they get messy or stained
this is contradictory
>>
>>44548311

We usually eat before playing but I don't mind my players eating while we play.
>>
>>44548675
>A little damage to things makes them unique.
Nonsense. It's only reasonable to want the most mileage out of things you purchase (or create). Damage reduces this mileage.
>>
>>44548765
Pages ripped out, completely fucked binding, or complete water damage, sure.

Creases in pages, a spot of water damage here or there, scuffs and scratches, loose binding, some wrinkled pages, no big deal.

Imagine a rulebook like a crusty old wizard's tome.
>>
You should have your meal before the game starts or during a break. I don't mind snacking, so long as you keep your hands clean.
>>
>>44548864
My friend has THE WORST problem with this. He'll eat a hamburger and rip the cheese off worth his bare hands and then wipe them on his pants and get back to playing mtg or D&D with greasy fingers. I have to constantly remind him to keep his hands clean or else he'll ruin a character sheet or get grease on my mtg cards (haven't gotten the card sleeves yet due to being a busy busy fuck).
>>
>>44549032
Another rule I have is no drinks on the table. There's a lot of things around to put your drinks on, and all it takes is one misplaced elbow to spill a drink all over papers, models, etc.
>>
>>44548311
Yep, but there are rules.

1. Nothing greasy unless you're wiping your hands off first. This is just common courtesy

2. No cheetos. That damn powdered cheese is the devil, same with durittos. No one wants that all over their stuff.

3. Drinks are fine, but please use a coaster.

4. No feeding the dog, no matter how much she begs.
>>
>>44549032
I wipe my hands on my shirt and pants and that's fucking disgusting. If you need to dry water or a little juice off your hands fine, jeans are super hard to discolor, but wiping fucking cheese grease on your pants instead of a napkin is deplorable. Why is he even eating ultra greasy food in the first place? he should know he's going to be doing an activity that requires your hands for 4+ hours.
>>
>>44549196
My table does the closed drink rule. It's gotta be in a bottle or has a lid. If not, drinks like open beer bottles gotta be off the main table (we have a fuck ton of random ass side tables because our main host is a furniture hoarder).
>>
>>44548412
Do you play tavern music as you eat and pretend the party is having a meal before heading out?
>>
>>44548675
You are just like that guy in the 5e general that kept cutting himself and bleeding onto his books.
>>
File: Food On Table.jpg (1 MB, 2396x1440) Image search: [Google]
Food On Table.jpg
1 MB, 2396x1440
>>44548311
>Do you allow food at your table?

Yes. I often set food upon my table before I eat it.
>>
>>44550725
ha
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.