[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Fallen of the Warp (Quest #1)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 1
You are a Daemon prince. A former champion of chaos and one of its most deadliest assets, you were cast out of the warp for unknown reasons and are going head first on a collision course to an imperial planet at war with various other forces.

However, you are not alone, as other Daemon princes have been cast out and are heading for the same planet as you are.

Your mission for now is to survive. More details will come about as the game progresses.

Roll a 1d100 for how hostile the area you land in is. <50 is something you can probably handle. >50 means you should start running.

Rules:
1. Having been cast out of the warp, your body and soul have become vulnerable. You can no longer be banished, but if you are destroyed before you can find a host to posses, then your soul is sent into the void with no chance of becoming again.

2. As a Daemon prince, you have considerable power in your hands. However, you are still vulnerable to damage. Therefore, choose your battles wisely.

3. The more dangerous a situation is, however, the more loot you can take with you if you survive and beat the enemy. Running away means you forfeit loot unless you try and steal from another princes inventory.

4. Yes, you can try and destroy other Daemon princes. Don't expect to always succeed, however.

5. Have a name and a ##password in order to keep people from trying to steal your identity.

6. Everything will be determined by a d100 unless stated otherwise.

One final note: While I understand that fluff is an important aspect to 40K and going against it is considered worse than heresy, please remember that this is only a game we are playing. Were not here to discuss who is right and who is wrong when considering the fluff. Were only here to have fun.

BEGIN.

Roll d100 for hostility of landed area.
>>
Also, I will NOT be allowing you to summon things from outside of the 40K lore. No exceptions.
>>
>>44545295
Wait, there is nothing in the fluff that says a daemon can be destroyed if its denied by the warp. Hell I dont think thats possible.
>>
Cancer general? Cancer general.
>>
>>44545404
That is true. However, I felt the need to raise the stakes a little.
>>
>>44545438
I don't get it. What did I do wrong?
>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>44545295
fuck op
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>do I have to choose a name for my prince or will you choose it for me
>>
>>44545481
you did nothing wrong op. its just a fucking trollfag
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

Hello my fellow Daemon Princes, how are you today?
>>
wtf op update
>>
Bump for OP to see
>>
Sorry mister anon. Ill get to work.

>>44549064
(Yes, you choose your own Daemon prince name).
You land roughly a few miles from a massive battle. From what you could deduct while falling, the forces are tau and Imperial guard. They havent noticed your landing yet, but that xan change unless you do something about it.

>>44551135
(I assume you are a Tzeenchian who is taking a human form. Please correct me if im wrong.)
You land a few miles farther from where fonz landed. You can choose to find him or go out in your own.
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

>>44545295
Ain't too late, right?
>>
>>44555027
(Nope. Always room for more.)
As soon as you land, you hear this:

>"By the emperor, what the hell is that thing!?"

Youve landed right into a regiment of imperial guard battling Tau forces. In their fear and awe, they havent attacked yet. You may choose to either run or take your chances against them.

Incidentally you crushed their commissar's tank, along with said commissar. You can try to use that to your advantage.

Roll a 1d100 for the success of whatever you are about to do.

From where you are, you can make out the amount of forces the Imps have.

>DA BATTLEFIELD
>Imps:
14000 Guardsmen
1 Bane blade
3 Leman Russ Annihilator's
100 Sentinels
8 Basilisk's

Most of their other forces were either dead or destroyed by the Tau.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>44555211
(TIME FOR SLAANESH!)
I run and sing. I sing a wordless dirge meant to sent them on a frenzy and follow me in a heads-on charge against the Tau, and if it doesn't work, I'm already running for the Tau.
>>
>>44555300
The guardsmen themselves dont seem to be affected by your singing. However, they do notice that you are attacking the Tau.

The commanders voice rings out:
>"Men, keep firing at the xenos! We have no time to stare at this force of nature!"

They keep firing at them instead of attacking you.

You can make out a couple of hammerhead ships and a riptide battlesuit behind a very large number of Kroot(whom also have a shaper).

Roll a 1d100 for the success of your charge. As you have said that you are Slaaneshi, then they cant attack you first after the charge due to Slaanesh's gift of fast reflexes.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>44555472
I look for a comms relay, while making the biggest fuzz possible amidst the kroot.
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>44555472
who held our allegiance may I ask or are we some sorta daemon prince of chaos undivided?
>>
I hide my presense using the empyrean and observe the battlefield
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>44555597
(Your allegience is stated when you first use any sort of special ability. However, as soon as that is the case, then you cannot change that allegience until later in the story.)

You land far from where the battle is taking place. None of the forces have seemingly taken note of your descent. However, that is still subject to change unless you act.

You can choose to help coke or you can go out on your own.

>>44555575
You fail to do any major damage to the kroot. However, you do see a coms tower at the very back of the Tau forces. It is heavily guarded and while you are strong, you must remember that if you fall here your soul is destroyed. It will take at least two daemon princes or incredible skill and luck to get there.

The basilisks from the Imperial guard are shoot. The d100 above will show how good the damage was.

As you are Slaaneshi, you can make an action now before the Tau make a counter attack.
>>
Rolled 662 (1d1000)

>>44555768
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>44555796
sorry about that
>>
>>44555768
Your rougery goes unoticed.

>>44555796
And what was that, may I ask?
>>
>>44555812
Ah, thats ok.

You fail to hide, but because of how focused the Imps are in their battle, they dont notice you.
>>
Rolled 99 (1d100)

Hnm, for some reason the 1d100 for basilisks damage didnt work. Lets see.
>>
>>44555817
the roll was for the hiding thing.
the 1000 roll was a mistake. but since I'm hidden its all moot now.

I creep closer, while I am hidden, to the battlefield preferably somewhere I can find a seargent
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>44555883
damn it forgot the roll again

can I use sorcery to cast a spell to hide and sneak
>>
Rolled 4 (1d100)

>>44555795
>>44555795
I run for the path of least resistance and out of the line of fire, trying to find a way around the main battle and tau forces.
>>
>>44555872
>>44555795
The Basilisks fire.

The damage dealt causes the riptide battlesuits ahead of coke to be destroyed along with half the hammerheads.
>>
>>44555900
(Yes you can. However, you will have to declare yourself a Tzeenchian when you do so.)

You fail to sneak in. However, you can attempt to cast a spell and hide your presense before anyone notices.

>>44555915
You originally fail to pull out. However, the constant attacks from the guardesmen and the last volley from the basiliks do give you a chance to do so again, as the tau are realing from the force of the damage.
>>
Rolled 76 (1d100)

>>44556035
I guess I take my chances with the mayhem and run again for the high ground.
>>
Hey look at this retard GM not using the password thing LOL

(Thats me making fun of myself.)
>>
Rolled 48 (1d100)

I am a tzeentian. fallen from infernal grace.
the name of my prince is maltalas the diligent

I use a spell to conceal myself.
>>
>>44556118
sorry its malthalas the diligent
>>
>>44556064
This time you manage to pull out of the main firing zone and take the higher ground. From here, you see a safer (although longer) route towards the comms center. The tau do not attack yet, as you pulling out gave the baneblade a chance to attack the front lines.

>>44556118
You fail to conceal yourself despite your magics. A lone guardesman see's you. However, he is not immediately hostile. Perhaps you can persuade this one.

You can attempt to persuade him or you can attempt to possess him. Alternitively, you can try and kill him quickly.
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>44556302
persuade.

fear not human. I mean u no harm.
>>
>>44556358
He instantly believes you and keeps quiet. None of the other guard at the moment have noticed you two conversing yet.

The guardsman is listening attentively to you, and is also willing to give information.

What is your next course of action? You will not require a roll for this one.
>>
>>44556439
I have come to aid the imperiums efforts on this planet. where is your base? and what do u know of the status of the imperial guard on this planet
>>
>>44556514
He seems overjoyed at your claim.

>"Bless the god emperor for your presence!"

His face however contorts into a dark expression.

>"The situation here is bad. The forces you see here, including me, are one of three battalions that are still on the planet. All others have either been destroyed or have since retreated. The damned cowards.. The damned xenos took out our communications and we have been unable to call for help. We are hoping that those who have retreated will send help, but noone has any real idea if that will happen."

His hand starts to raise.

>"The base is..."

A shot rings out before he can finish. His chest begins to bleed and he falls to his knees, coughing up blood. He still breathes, fortunately.

With hand shaking and bones broken, a trench coat wearing figure with a discernible hat appears from the wreckage of the crushed tank.

The commissar who was crushed in his tank by coke seems to have survived, and crawled his way out in time to stop the guardsman from telling you where the base is.

He recognizes that you are a Daemon, and will probably alert the rest of the guard unless you manage to silence him.

Roll a d100 for whatever you are about to do.
>>
Rolled 99 (1d100)

use our psychic powers to squeeze his throat so he cant speak and break his arms
>>
>>44556820
>"Yo..."

Effortlessly, you manage to quell his throat before he speaks a word. His arms then falter almost instantly, leaving his gun to hit the ground. He dies of choking on the swelling blood in his throat within moments.

The guardsman is still alive, and tries to stand. His life is leaving his body, however, and he may die soon. You can press him for information before he expires or take the chance to heal him. Asking for info before he dies does not require a roll. However, healing him will require a 1d100.
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

heal him. ask him where the base is while healing him. we a rea lord of the warp our powers of biokinesis are supreme
>>
>>44556950
(Indeed they are).

His body is almost healed instantly. His eyes spread in wonder at how you have done this.

>"Emperor...*huff*...be praised... Thank you."

His hand points towards the south.

>"About 1600 miles down south you'll find the base. You will find a couple of outposts on the way there to resupply... if you even need such a thing. General Fen will be there to give you a better run down of our situation here."

He gazes over to the battle going on.

>"You should go...The battle here is lost anyways. There is no way we will be able to get through them to get to the forces."

He takes his rifle and stands back up.

>"Please, convince the general to take us out of here. There is nothing worth it here."

He turns to go back to the fight.

You can do a couple of things here. You can go down south and get to the base within a few days. However, you will be abandoning the battle and the guard here. You can also attempt to help the guard in this battle. You can try and possess the guardsman or attempt to persuade him to take you to the base himself.

Remember that these are only suggestions. You can take a piss on the commissars corpse if you so please. Either way, only combat or possession actions will require a 1d100.
>>
>>44557154
>...to the forces

I meant "to get to the comms tower".
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

is it possible to buff the guardsman so he survives the fight ahead. or in some way buff the imperium side. you know what I got it...

I decide to leave for the base. before I go, I debuff the tau side with bad luck. I am at their equipment. like the battlesuiits and armor on the field. they tent o malfunction and blow up more. I also the buff the guardsman with good luck and mental clarity. so that he/she can think survive and come out of this alive
>>
>>44557282
(Yes you can. As a Tzeenchian, you have that power.)

As you leave on your journey to the base, you hear the sounds of guardsmen and women charging into the fray. It seems they may be able to push through.

(On a side note, Coke if youre still there you need to do something. Otherwise your character is out).

(If coke doesnt respond in 30 minutes, then we will continue the game with fonz.)
>>
I transform myself into a nimble four legged creature that has wings and can blend into surroundings to travel. like a griffon with camaflouge. I stop as soon as I see the base with my heightened vision.
>>
>>44557479
Your heightened vision proves reliable, and you see the base.

The base itself is not in its best shape. If anything, its barely standing as a structure. Soldiers and tanks are moving about, keeping the perimiter safe. From where you see, there is little chance you will be able to force yourself into the command center without either clever planning or amazing luck.

What is your next course of action?
>>
I wait until a patrol comes by. then I will use a magic to spell to lure a lone soilder out of the scout. I will assume a human form for this.

---------------------------------------

I have to sleep soon u will be here tomorrow right?
>>
Rolled 88 (1d100)

>>44559061
(Yeah ill be here. In fact im going to sleep too. Well continue then. Also, when you cast magic, I need you to roll a 1d100. Being a Tzeenchian Daemon only means that you can cast it. Some other bonuses too, but well get to that later tomorrow.)
>>
>>44545481
>asking people to tripfag on a site designed for anonymity

If you want to play somewhere where you can know who everyone is, there's lots of forums for that. Tripfagging is cancer.
>>
>>44559440
Its only meant as a way to keep people from stealing other characters. Thats it.

Also, please "enlighten" me as to how its bad to the point that you compare it to cancer.
>>
>>44559493
>Its only meant as a way to keep people from stealing other characters.
Go do it on a forum then.

The whole point of this site is anonymity. You are cancer because your guidelines are at odds with the purpose of the organism that is 4chan. That's what cancer is. A tumor that doesn't work with the rest of the organism.
>>
>>44559627
If 4chan were completely dedicated to anonymity, they would have never put in the tripcode feature in the first place. Anonymity isnt a neccesity here even if that is what the site prides itself on.
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

don't listen to these asshats op.im okay with trip codes. but there is a grain of truth. I suggest space battles or sufficient velocity. great place for role plays. there are so many quests there right now. listen op, this quest is too good for a place like 4chan. but if u wish to stay that's fine too. but if u wish to move off 4chan please tell us the destination
>>
>>44559824
btw I am signing off now. see u in 11 hours op.
>>
>>44559837
>>44559824
I see. Ill announce what happens tomorrow.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.