[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go to my sister's for Christmas >walking up to her
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
>go to my sister's for Christmas
>walking up to her house, arms laden with gifts, I spot my brother, similarly loaded
>he's got a shiteating grin on
>"Oh, are those the presents you got for everyone? They look nice. I like how you decided to use the same wrapping paper for all of them. Like a set. Or like you couldn't afford more than one roll."
>Can't get my hand into a position to flip him off, simply say "Merry Christmas" in response.
>Once inside, my youngest nephew bounds up to both of us, smiling like crazy when he sees all the gifts
>Ask him where the tree is, while my brother tries to do the whole "Cool uncle" thing, asking him about digimon for a minute or so until the kid just says "I like yokai watch"
>Unload my presents at the tree, then start doing the rounds of greetings
>Brother-in-law, sister, mother, father, nephews #1 and #2, hello again to nephew #3, my other sister, her boyfriend, finally realized I should have commented on how my brother picked wrapping paper that didn't even match the holiday but it's way too late to bring that up, my uncle, tiny old grandma, and finally the three dogs.
>catching up with everyone while sister finishes dinner, end up talking to the older nephews while the youngest just sort of stares at the tree and all the presents
>My brother walks up to me, and my nephews scatter away
>"I think I won Christmas this year," he says to me, and I just nod, hoping he doesn't take that as a sign to continue
>"Really, just wait until after dinner."
>>
>dinner is brief, a lot of old traditions hastily performed
>youngest nephew half runs to the tree as soon as dinner ends
>Sister scolds him, and she starts passing out the presents
>I got a book from my younger sister, and while I'm trying to decipher what it's about, suddenly everyone has gotten really quiet and the mood is definitely troubled
>I turn to look, and my youngest nephew is holding a GURPS rulebook,a few scraps of my brother's birthday-themed wrapping paper still on it, looking like he's on the verge of tears, while my sister is trying to calm him down
>"It's...It's the wrong one...." he says, "It's... it's wrong"
>Other nephews try to cheer him up, but they are also holding GURPS rulebooks, and they can't hide their own disappointment
>My brother jumps in to cheer them all up, explaining how great the system is, and my Sister looks to me, hoping I can say a few words to salvage the mood
>I just glance at the remaining presents
>She seems confused, almost even angry at my casual attitude, but then her eyes fill with hope, and she reminds her youngest child that there are still plenty of other presents
>She reaches for a present wrapped in red and green, and gives it to my nephew
>Still sniffling, he pulls apart the paper without any enthusiasm, but as soon as he sees a little bit of the book underneath, he starts shrieking and his hands start flying at the wrapping
>"IT'S D&D! I GOT D&D! D&D! D&D!"
>The my other nephews are tearing open their own gifts, and immediately forget that they're not little kids anymore
>"WE GOT D&D! WE GOT D&D!"
>Everyone starts laughing, and the house once again fills with cheer, with even the dogs barking excitedly
>My tiny old grandma gently pulls at my sweater, and I lean in close as she says in her quavering voice
>"You... saved... Christmas...."
>>
ITT: Things that never happened
>>
>>44536062
Fake but fun. Merry late xmas.
>>
>>44536037
>>44536062
7/10 my sides rumbled.
>>
>then they realize it was a 4e book and Christmas is ruined again
>>
File: image.jpg (146 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146 KB, 800x800
>>44536062
>not giving your nephews Dark Heresy
Props for giving them Roleplaying games instead of video games though
>>
>>44536037
I love it when we take a fat steaming dump on GURPS.

I tried GURPS once, never again.
I rather have all my teeth pierced with a power drill than go through GURPS again
>>
>>44536250
Good to have you back Virt
>>
>>44536163
>disowned by family
>tiny old grandma spit in face
>>
>>44536037
goddamn you're a helluva fag op
>>
>>44536062
Fake but not gay
>>
>>44536037
>>44536062
That was hilarious.

What system/games would you get for your family if in some bizarro world they all asked for an RPG for Christmas?

>Blue Rose for the wife (she's not a gamer)
>Transformers RPG for son
>GURPS Engineering for my dad
>Eoris for my mom
>Big Eyes Small Mouth for my sister
>Racial Holy War for my sweet, wise, jew-hating grandma
>Maid RPG for my pervert nephew
>>
>>44536500
Tau armies for my dad and sister, Eldar for my mom and possibly something Chaos for my stepmom
>>
>>44536500
Something simple. Maybe BESM or some kind of Pokemon RPG for my cousin, but everyone else needs, like, Cat RPG..
>>
Well GURPS really is not a good system for young kids to try to learn since it is so confusing with all the little mechanics and points and the eighty splat books of options.
>>
>>44536500

Easy for my mother. She played the early Dragonlance module while in law school, so I'd get her a new one to explore the newer Krynn.

Almost impossible for my father. Maybe sone heavily narrativist game like Dogs in the Vineyard.

GURPS for the gf. She said she wants to try GURPS. God help me.
>>
>>44536500

Probably something superhero related for my daughter, Vampire for my mom and Shadowrun for my dad.
>>
>>44536250
Lighten up a little.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.