[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it even possible to talk about, or include sex, or sex related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 13
File: índice.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
índice.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
Is it even possible to talk about, or include sex, or sex related shit into a setting without everybody getting triggered or acting like immature shits?

Soon enough we won't be able to even write prostitutes into games.
>>
I'm sure this thread will be filled with mature, intelligent, and interesting discussion.
>>
>>44530219

Indeed. A, OP such as this is often the start of a good and productive thread. There are certainly only good things ahead in this thread.
>>
>>44530186
No, it's totally possible.

Just go do it in your weeaboo fap boards since that's what they're made for. Since we know you're not actually looking for discussion.
>>
>>44530186
Yes.
It's just that this board is not one of the places it can be done.
Obviously.
Also >>44530302
>>
Sure, so long as it pertains to traditional gaming. It also helps one acting like an adult and not using triggering as a social blockade.
>>
>>44530186
Yes.
>>
>>44530186
>sex
Yes.
>sex related shit
NO!
>>
>>44530186
Yes just talk with sane open minded people
>>
Life Tip:

Putting "sage" in the E-mail does not bump the thread to the front page.
>>
Absolutely, but it depends on the group and it depends on the execution.
>>
>>44530186

It is easy, have enemies occasionally rape the PCs instead of killing them when they are defeated, make failed seduction rolls sometimes end in rape, make the families of some women the PCs slept with and impregnated demand they marry and the PC abandon his life of adventures to get a real job as a farmer or crafter, make some vengeful NPCs harm the PCs out of spite on being betrayed (cutting off dick, throwing acid in face , etc), introduce slavers both as normal thing in some places and black market in others, keep adding in your face over the top crude edgy politically incorrect sexual deviancy interspersed with more normal gameplay while keeping your cool and acting dismissively if the players voice concerns about it, telling its just part of the scenario and to roll with it.

More xamples:

PC is alone in the wilderness somewhere, falls a climbing roll and breaks several bones; instead of just dying there from exposure of blood loss, he's found by a tribe of orcs who rape him to its hearts content. He may fail to resist stockholm syndrom and go up in ranks eventually getting his own rape pets or even attaining leadership of the band.

PC is being mugged and resists but is overpowered; instead of killing him, the muggers just violently rape him repeatedly and leave him an exhausted naked mess in some alley.

PC rolls to seduce a lawful evil priest but fails; instead of nothing happening, the priest still gets lustful and decides to kidnap the PC break his teeth and use his pretty mouth as a fuck toy until the other PCs show up to save him.

PCs are attacked by giant insects and lose; instead of just dying, they are impregnated with larvae, their tummy swelling as they grow; once mature they burrow its way out and devour their flesh.

PCs invade tomb of evil vampire/lich; instead of pelting them with death spells, the creature amuse itself mind controlling the PCs to do increasingly gory perverted things with monsters, zombies and each other.
>>
File: 1355804873679.jpg (155 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1355804873679.jpg
155 KB, 1440x810
>>44530850
>It is easy, have enemies occasionally rape the PCs instead of killing them when they are defeated, make failed seduction rolls sometimes end in rape, make the families of some women the PCs slept with and impregnated demand they marry and the PC abandon his life of adventures to get a real job as a farmer or crafter, make some vengeful NPCs harm the PCs out of spite on being betrayed (cutting off dick, throwing acid in face , etc), introduce slavers both as normal thing in some places and black market in others, keep adding in your face over the top crude edgy politically incorrect sexual deviancy interspersed with more normal gameplay while keeping your cool and acting dismissively if the players voice concerns about it, telling its just part of the scenario and to roll with it.
>>
>>44530186
I've never had this problem.
Does your group have very young or otherwise not well adjusted players?
>>
>>44530850
Friendly reminder to never listen to Virt and always do the exact opposite of whatever he says.
>>
File: 1441891373929.png (41 KB, 420x349) Image search: [Google]
1441891373929.png
41 KB, 420x349
>>44530850
> /d/M
>>
>>44530850
>The reason we cannot have nice things
And if there ever was a question as to why people often expect gamers to be psycho-sexual perversities... Exhibit A.
>>
File: Virt.jpg (45 KB, 478x311) Image search: [Google]
Virt.jpg
45 KB, 478x311
>>44530850
>>
>>44530850
You guys who try to take this seriously are the saddest kinds of people.

I bet you think you're very mature and smart.
>>
>>44530850

Go to bed craig.
>>
File: 1443280277884.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1443280277884.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>44532026
>>44531776
>>44531308
>>44531113
>>44530951
>>44530875
>>44532440

What is wrong with adding a little bit of high impact sexual violence to your tabletop games?
>>
File: 1434675421305.jpg (134 KB, 498x477) Image search: [Google]
1434675421305.jpg
134 KB, 498x477
>>44532554
Everything.
>>
>>44532647

Take your Sonichu and go, Chris-chan.
>>
>>44530186
my changeling bard has fucked one man and one woman in game.
I'm a dude
>>
>>44533189

>Fucking a woman
>In game

Someone, somewhere, is going to accuse you: the player, of rape for this.
>>
>>44532554
That is incredibly not a "little" sex. That's turning your campaign into an excuse to murderfuck your players by proxy. Fuck off virt.
>>
>>44530651

That hasn't been the case for nearly a decade. If you don't want to bump the thread, don't post in it.
>>
>>44530186
Because of weirdos like >>44530850

I like sexy things, that is not sexy.
>>
File: yandere.png (419 KB, 557x960) Image search: [Google]
yandere.png
419 KB, 557x960
>>44530186

There's nothing inherently wrong with adding sexual violence to your games, the problem is that its hard to draw a line where everybody playing is comfortable.

Back in the day I had a group of of Vampire: the Masquerade in which every single character was what we would call nowadays "edgy"; they were really old vampires with very long backstories that included really horrifying shit of all kinds. In our sessions we would routinely describe very hardcore snuff in detail. It was fine because everyone was ok with it.

Then at some point some of my friends started getting girlfriends and naturally they would drag them to play with us; suddenly one player was no longer comfortable to describe how their malkavian would keep maggots festering over the empty sockets of kept alive and aware kidnapped children, another wouldn't be so vivid in his descriptions of the surgical procedures his tzimisce would perform on prostitutes to give them multiple genitals, another was no longer willing to even mention in front of his gf the terrible burns and mutilations his toreador would impose upon his victims so they would conform to his aesthetical ideals. A few times we had those girls literally throwing up and/or crying after hearing some of the more vivid descriptions that were common place before and my players would get mad at me for upsetting their girlfriends.

Eventually I had to tone down everything because my players would have none of it. Since then we hardly if at all played anything quite as gory as those snuff fests of old. I moved on to other systems and younger groups but it seems that the kids nowadays have an even lower threshold of tolerance to vivid descriptions of brutal acts of cruelty and get deeply offended very easily, so it's all background now unless someone specifically asks for a description of something and even then only if I'm reasonably certain others playing with us won't mind.

People give way too much harming power to words nowadays.
>>
>>44534544
This is tragic. I'd happily play in such a disturbing and grotesque game.
I'm a girl.
>>
>>44530186
Be honest op do you want to talk about sex as part of a charcters life/overall story or do you just want to edge erp shit into everything?
>>
>>44530186
Theoretically yes. Practically? Hardly ever.
>>
>>44534585
Me too (on both counts). The fact is, I might be shocked and even cry but sometimes that's the idea. I go on roller coasters because they scare and thrill me. I go to scary movies because they terrify me. I'd take part in a shocking game to be shocked! I think people look for reasons to be upset rather than react to actually being affected by something. If I had to see or experience maggot infested, living children, or burn-scarred victims of some depraved artist, i'd be appropriately horrified. But if I'm voluntarilY taking part in a game where horrific things are portrayed solely within each player's imagination, then horrifying me. Please.
>>
>>44534884
If I saw those things I'd probably enjoy it
>>
>>44530186
Simple, play with mature, responsible, and intelligent adults. Not autistic neckbeards who are afraid of woman and fags.

Generally, when I can't tell the difference between a players character behavior and their normal persona, I go out of my way to avoid such situations.
>>
Really depends on the group I think. I've played in games where at least at times sex could be and was just an important detail to the game and actually mattered. Played in other games where it was vehemently avoided. My current group it's accepted if it matters to the character, applies to a relationship or the plot, or has some sort of relevant mechanical/gameplay importance.

On a per-person basis, some people just can't handle it, and there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
Possible? Yes. But conditions beyond your control will always be at play.

You can never truly know how everyone will react to something sexual, no matter how much you think you know them or how much mitigation and justification you set up for it. Sometimes, even on average, your absolute best group can deal with it fine and it can even be elevating to the experience.

But when it goes wrong, it goes wrong really, really hard.
>>
>>44530186

Lemme put it like this OP.

Sex in games is a lot like politics in your games. Not FANTASY politics mind you but real politics.

If you're close and comfortable with your friends and you suddenly bring up the topic of politics then you can communicate with them. Even if they do something you didn't quite expect or agree with you can still more likely communicate with them and reach a civil conclusion.

But when politics is thrown out willy-nilly and publicly then any form of civility is instantly discarded. Anyone can jump in and use them to further their own narrow minded goals and biases and soon everything collapses into a festering pit of wankery and shit-flinging.
>>
>>44530186
My friends can handle sex stuff. It's always fade to black, and I've had players get involved with/sleep with NPCs, and be in relationships. I've had lack of sex cause NPCs to get mad at PCs.

I'm sorry your friends are all 12 year olds mentally, OP. You have my condolences.
>>
>>44538330
>I've had lack of sex cause NPCs to get mad at PCs.
This bothers me. Not because I think it's immature, or implicit of anything, or poor character or whatever the usual reasons are. It just seems like... I dunno, it's one of those things you don't really want to bother with because it eats up 10 seconds and then goes nowhere like using the toilet or making sure the PCs are eating regularly.
>>
>>44538424
>implying a woman/man spurned can't become a villain
Oh ye of little vision.
>>
>>44538424
Well it can have consequences, like pregnancy, family drama, cheating, miscarriages, deepened relationships, abortions, spilled secrets, and more.

I've learned more about my wife from after sex conversations than anything else, and we've known each other for almost two decades.

You just need a GM who actually has experience with human relationships.
>>
>>44530186
Yes, it's possible.

>Soon enough we won't be able to even write prostitutes into games.
That's too bad for you.
>>
>>44538567
Oh no, sex whatever, it's the NPC stopping to get mad at the PC that gets me. I'm just imagining that most of the time it plays out like:
>Hey! Where's the sex homie!?
>I'm fighting a lich!
>>
>>44538812
It's more like she writes a letter to you, detailing how much she misses you while you're off adventuring.

Or the NPC pounces the PC after slaying the lich because damn.

And you can always just boot scene the sex, and if it's just daily, hey I'm horny sex you can just assume it happens during down times.

But that doesn't mean you can't use it to justify/deliver plot hooks, problems, rewards, and the like.
>>
>>44538424

>not keeping track of the PCs caloric intake and expenditure to calculate their weight
>not making them sick when their diet lacks all the proper macronutrients
>>
>>44530186
>Is it even possible to talk about, or include sex, or sex related shit into a setting without everybody getting triggered or acting like immature shits?
That depends on how mature and easily triggered players in your group are.
Considering you are presumably one of them, in your case it's not possible.
>>
File: lewdestoral.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
lewdestoral.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>44530186
No sex.

The PCs are always pure and virginal.
The paladin and the wizard are virgin; the thief who keeps teasing others about their virginity is secretly a virgin too.
Even the bard is pure and virgin.

All the major NPCs are virgin too; the necromancer villain claims to have been raped but in truth all that happened was a boy at the village accidentally touched her bewbs. She'll realize in time har angst is misplaced and will become a good necromancer, raising skellies to help the community instead of damage property.

Also no violence ever occur inside towns, even the monsters respect the unspoken agreement of no combat in the human town. The adventurers in turn don't attack pregnant female and young monsters.

All adventuring parties must be registered with the adventurer's guild, the holy church of the sun and the wizard's guild; illegal adventurer parties are given a stern warning and repeated offenders are fined.

All adventuring parties are required to have a wizard who can cast enchant rope and a paladin or cleric who can cast detect evil. All creatures that ping evil are to be captured alive and delivered to the reeducation center to receive intensive mental training and come back to their senses as good or at least neutral law abiding folks.

Criminals that don't ping evil are given stern warnings, fined or sent to the community service center to work on fixing their past misdeeds. Sex is only allowed after marriage; there are of course sleazy bars in which you can find some willing to go all the way and do hugs, teeth brushing and even hand holding.

All the demons and other creatures with abilities related to sex instead tickle you; if you die somehow the holy church of the sun ressurects you and give you a stern warning the first time and charge a fine subsequently. All store owners are required by law to give quests to licensed adventurers. The land is ruled by a council of wizards.
>>
>>44530186
>Is it even possible to talk about, or include sex, or sex related shit into a setting without everybody getting triggered or acting like immature shits?
Play with Europeans.
>>
>>44534544
>>44534884
>beep boop I am a robot why do people act upset, don't they know that everyone has perfect control over their emotions??
>>
>>44530186
Yes. Play with mature people, ignore people who won't buy your product. It is simple.
>>
>>44530186
Simple. Play with non virgins.
If you have to stick to your friends/group then pay a few hookers to entertain your guys when they celebrate their birthdays or something.
>>
>>44540132
I would like this kind of settings. I wonder if the PCs would join "not evil-pinging" rebels, who would want to stop all this choregraphied bullshit...
>>
>>44534544
What you're describing sounds like the natural process of growing the fuck up, which you skipped out on.
>>
File: reeevolution.jpg (118 KB, 618x564) Image search: [Google]
reeevolution.jpg
118 KB, 618x564
>>44540253
>>44540189
>>
File: 1285385666280.jpg (14 KB, 396x360) Image search: [Google]
1285385666280.jpg
14 KB, 396x360
No, don't include your faggy ERP shit into a normal game of DnD

If you mental defectives want to be degenerate perverts in an all ERP group, great but don't bring that and your grotesque fetishes into a non-ERP game.

So tired of this ancient as fuck discussion. It's great you autists like to jerk off together over the net but don't pretend like you posseses some kind moral/intellectual/rational high ground and look down on those of us who aren't interested in your lame ERP sex offenser shit and just want a normal RP session.
>>
>>44534884
>>44534544
I feel like this is copypasta but in the statistically non-existent chance that this is all sincerely written responses you edgelord fags are hilariously pathetic.

Either way, fuck off back to /b/.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>44540132
>that webm
well that's something I was not expecting.
>>
File: 1360704471882.png (64 KB, 379x300) Image search: [Google]
1360704471882.png
64 KB, 379x300
ITT: Americans
>>
File: Bill_Wilson-0.jpg (21 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Wilson-0.jpg
21 KB, 716x768
>>44540507
>implying having a fixation in which someone desperately wants to push inappropriate fictional sexual encounters onto friends or acquaintances is considered healthy

No, shut up you pretentious faggot. Not wanting to circle jerk in your friend's basement to elves and anime shit doesn't make you sexually repressed
>>
File: 1365717210819.png (170 KB, 331x319) Image search: [Google]
1365717210819.png
170 KB, 331x319
>>44540537
exhibit A, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
I've had sessions where characters get involved with sexual matters, and even when I was playing with teens, they acted fine enough (one guy did try to be a player though, and I basically made him look like Johnny Bravo instead until he quit trying to bang every chick with a Charisma of 13 or higher). One game I did involved a tiefling Rogue who had an undiscovered fetish for big, strong demons (balors, molydei, vrocks, etcetera), and she ended up getting stuck with the party Cleric in a room with a glabrezu. The Rogue wanted to throw herself at him half the time, but the Cleric had enough anti-evil and anti-demon spells to basically sit there all day if they wanted to. The two of them had a long discussion about having sudden urges to fuck giant things that are made of made of chaos and evil, even if she's descended from such creatures.

Not too long after the ordeal (the party came in and kicked the glabrezu's ass), the two of them became girlfriends.

Another one I did involved a Lawful Good lich who fell in love with a man. She largely kept herself intact by having a ring enchanted with Gentle Repose, and by the time she revealed the big secret, they already had one daughter, and another was on the way. Needless to say, the guy was quite disgusted and left, and so the party's job was to find ways to get her back on her feet; in her castle, she has a magic device that keeps the weather for the area in check, because otherwise the wild magic in the place would wreak all kinds of havoc and make it unlivable. With her wallowing in despair instead of working with the device, everything was going all to shit.

The best part was that the Paladin was the one who finally got her going again, mostly by doing a 'Think of the children!' lecture. The party didn't know she was a lich either until the end, but after they found out, even the Paladin was okay with it.
>>
>>44540576
Hey, thanks for the (You) devoid of a counterpoint and complentary wojack/pepe reaction image

Now go be retarded on /a/.
>>
>>44540189
The point is that it seems more like people aren't having an emotional reaction. They're thinking that they COULD have one so they react to that. "This COULD be offensive so I will voice my offense."
>>
>>44540341
>either retarded or machine translation
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.