[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you currently working on for your party? Any problems?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: I-am-the-Game-Master-Shirt[1].jpg (19 KB, 235x235) Image search: [Google]
I-am-the-Game-Master-Shirt[1].jpg
19 KB, 235x235
What are you currently working on for your party?
Any problems?
Maybe the hive can help you with ideas
>>
Currently researching for a detective adventure in a fantasy setting
>>
I'm still just trying to get my life on track. Then I'll do *something*
It'll either be a serious campaign or something perverted, we'll see.

But for now, nothing. Sorry.
>>
I would not solicit /tg/ for campaign advice. People here have fucking horrible ideas.
>>
I'm currently running 2 campaigns on roll20 because it's impossible right now to meet in person.

One's just a basic set of dungeon delves with my friends who aren't very story focused and the other is a darkest dungeon-esque D&D campaign with my writing group.

Having trouble really setting the mood outside of music, I've made some images that look like notes written on parchment for the players to find if they succeed in a perception check but that's about it.
>>
>>44521157
>That DM slogan.jpg
>>
>>44521157
My homebrew campaign's been ready to go for three weeks, just waiting for holidays to stop cockblocking me.

I'm putting together ideas for an Eberron campaign since my recent delve into its lore has me pretty interested. I'm thinking something inspired by Lufia 2 and Golden Sun.
>>
>>44522320
fuck me sideways
i cant think of any nice detective plots
>>
>>44523282
>>
I'm trying to come up with an interesting story line involving one of my PCs who is the son of a Pact Devil. I can't decide what the devil would get out of it, what the parents would give, or under what circumstances they came to meet. It's in my own version of Forgotten Realms.
>>
i'm gonna run this DCC funnel for my roomies (who don't really pnp game) because I want them to die violently at my hands.
>>
Spinning up a new 5e campaign (first time with 5e for all involved). Premise is going to be that there is a tremendous dark tower that slowly follows the party, moving several miles closer every night. At different distances in a radius around the tower, spooky things happen: from dying flora/fauna, to people losing their sanity, to reanimating dead.

current holes:
>why is the tower following them?
pick up an artifact in introductory quest? might depend on character backgrounds

>who/what is in the tower?
probably a lich, will likely depend on how early they let the tower catch up to them

>should I use 5e sanity rules?
leaning toward no since the tower is really the only thing I have in mind that would cause insanity
>>
Researching the Victorian Era for a Chronicles of Darkness (nWoD) game.

Trying to think up more 'mundane' antiquated stuff from the time to put in the game so it feels more like a genuine historical game, rather than a modern game with a new splash of paint.

I could use some people's help, what's you favorite part of the Victorian Era, bar the American Civil War.
>>
>>44521157

I'm tryign to put things together for a Night's Black Agents game that might be happening in the near future (one of the town's first IRL groups getting together soon and I'm going to be pitching it).

At the moment I'm trying to put together the vampiric conspiracy the players are going to be up against, what they want and how sinister they might be.
>>
>>44521157
>Cyberpunk 2020 using Cyberpunk 2021 for guns and equipment (inb4 REEEEEE)
>PCs are Militech Hitsquad killing some midlevel touring rocker
>Literally planning on making the rocker Mr. Bean level naïve and still able to evade the solos
Life is good in the world of Cyberpunk.

Also
>Nigger friend doing TPK: the game (Call of Cthulhu)
>PCs have stupidly ridiculous powers/kit (One of them is a Kleptomaniac who got dishonorably discharged from the Army for stealing ammo or some shit, managed to nick a service rifle and ammo on the way out), all of them are glass cannons though
>>
Currently working on 2 camps.

First; basically the film "The Raid", players are town guard making their way up the Margrave's tower, now believed to be rented out to criminals and bandits. Unbeknownst to all, the Margrave's wife passed the year before, and in his grief has turned to his councellor, a mage, for a way to ressurect her. Margrave is now a love lorn vampire, leasing his towers lower levels to bandits to finance the necromantic experiments of his councellor on the upper levels. The pcs go floor by floor baggin' and taggin' all the perps they can (not everyone in the tower is a bandit though), slowly unravelling the mystery, and encounters/events inspired by The Raid occuring (fight in a drug manufacturing area, stealth sections, escape puzzles)

Second; Arabian Las Vegas fighting tournament. PCs are fighting their way through a tourney in hopes of winning the grand prize, a djinni's wish. Djinni is actually the duke's cursed brother, the King, who the duke conspired into releasing and swapping places with the OG djinni he had found. Using the djinni's magic, he made his duchy more important than the actual kingdoms capital, where his nephew now rules but only as a puppet leader to the duke. The duchy now has its own "kingdom" nickname, everyone of his council figures are referred to as "royalty" (and happy with their positions, no treachery, they all work together to maintain the farce), and his arena now runs the "Kings" Blade tournament to bring in wealth/control/entertainment/power. The tournament is always rigged though, and the djinni is sent in as a disguised combatant to win the tournament for the "royalty", though this time, the prince nephew has entered to try to win it back (he'll try to convince the pcs to help him, he'll lose one of his matches, it'll be up to the pcs to decide what they do, maybe they'll stage a coup instead of using their wish if they win, maybe they'll just try to win and wish for the prince)
>>
Currently using Dragonmech rules to prep for a mech-heavy game in a Mad Max/Fallout/RAGE-inspired world.

Basically, the world is a blasted wasteland following the main gearheads that were making all the mechs for every side getting tired of the shenanigans and blowing up everything. Literally just stopped working for the other sides, built their own army of city-sized autonomous mechs, and set them loose to let them blow shit up. Essentially, they got so fed up that they caused a continent the size of South America to lose all but five or ten percent of its population in one, day-long, concentrated shelling effort that came from the interior of the continent, and from dozens of different places at once.

Fast-forward thirty years, and you have the setting.

Walker mechs, because of the fact that much of the continent is a single, massive desert, don't get over thirty-five feet tall, and have wide-footed, bird-like legs. Every other, "mech," is something that looks like the bastard child of some combination of dune buggy, steam engine train, and tank.

And that's most of what I need, ideas for mechs. Resources are rare, so ideas should, typically, focus more on disabling a mech mostly intact and killing the pilot, or pulling them out kicking and screaming, instead of destroying the mech entirely.
>>
>>44526684
>working on
RT with a Rogue Trader who has a bounty on him for kidnapping a governor's daughter.

>problems
Party wants politics and archaeology to play a part, too.
>>
>>44522413
I've found that adding uber-levels of description to the environment, almost as if you were writing a book, helps with that. For example: instead of
>you see a long, dark hallway
Try
>You see a hallway about two hundred feet long. Moss is crawling down the walls and there's a faint stench of death on the air. There's a small pile of goblin bones not too far from the corner you come around.

This might not be the best for you, depending on what kind of DM you are. If you prefer to make stuff up and bullshit as you go, it'll suck writing shit out before hand. But if you like writing everything important out beforehand, this isn't much more work to potentially make the experience much cooler.
>>
>working on

Shadowrun campaign.

>problems

Everything. I can't even get a character sheet out of 3/5 of these people. And I'm a first time GM who's barely played anything tabletop before, who's only GMing because no one else is willing to.

Basic things I should be prepared for?
>>
>>44531684
People that have as little idea about the system as you do, playing with people that know the system well enough to cheese the hell out of it.
>>
>>44532300
Well, they're all new to the system, all but one's new to the setting. I was more looking for general advice for "brand new GM, crash course on setting something up in a system that's semi-commonly regarded as a hard system to GM for".
>>
>>44532707
I'm also interested in any advice /tg/ has for this situation.
>>
>>44534829
Maybe this one help because I played shadowrun first before gming but here I go.

For the players who don't know whats going on set a day aside for them so you all can work on sheets and get a idea of what they are all doing follow this up with some kind of test combat using the main skills they have so you can go over the +/- pools for each skill.

Any player who can't make it for good reasons ask them come ahead of time on game day to work with them for the people who don't want to work with you to make a sheet at all won't be able to play on game day and will have to try again next week

and I just noitced that this is 4 hours old
>>
>>44521157
Currently world building for when I get back from this business trip.

Hope they like vibrantly colored space girls and lasers.
>>
File: 1449574008791.jpg (148 KB, 700x508) Image search: [Google]
1449574008791.jpg
148 KB, 700x508
>>44521157
Going to Pathfinder from 3.5, played mainly clerics, bards, paladins.
Was thinking Paladin or gunslinger, some kind of quasi-monster race.

Advice?
>>
>>44523853
To steal from Wildbow's "Pact" webnovel...

Human parent has a feud with another family or person. Summon a Devil to ruin the object of their enmity. Devil blights the enemy's crops and sickens their children, and they are ultimately driven to ruin. In exchange, the Devil is granted a small amount of land on the Human parent's estate. The Human Parent (or their descendant) becomes interested in the shed/barn/basement/copse of trees/island/cave that houses the Devil and visits in secret. They fall in love and the PC is consummated.

The PC's devil parent is still in their small domain and may or may not know if the PC is still alive. They are probably very glad to see them, and offers more services in exchange for more land.
>>
>>44527075
First one sounds super cool. I hope it turns out well.

The second one I kind of get, but the wording you used made the description confusing. The key elements of tournament for a Wish from a genie and the genie participating in secret are good, but I'm not entirely sure what all this background about a fake royalty means.
>>
I need to get the party in contact with a smuggler and black market.

I have no idea how to make this interesting to play out. They're gonna ask one guy who'll tell them to ask another guy who will deny it until they find some evidence linking him to the black market and then they'll give them the lead they need.

I dunno what twist I could use to make this interesting.
>>
Anyone has a short list for w20 with character traits

a player got something like a faedragon and i have to give this little fucker a personality
>>
>>44540274
>We know who sent us to you, and we know who he is to you. A beard can hide the chin, a hood can hide the ears, but he's going to outlive you, and he can't stand it. So at least he sends some business your way, elf-son.
>>
>>44521157
Long story short, I'm running an ODST campaign. (If you're in the campaign don't read ahead. It won't give you an insight so much as it'll just take the genuine reactions away from the game)

In the first arc the players investigated first contact on Harvest. Now they're experiencing some downtime and adding new members to the squad. The planet they're on is the next to be hit by the covenant but before that I want to insert a minor arc about the insurrection. On top of that, one of the new ODSTs says she wants to be something secretive because we had an Orion member and an ONI agent on the last mission. Help?
>>
>>44540117
Cool cool, glad to hear about the swat team camp, I personally liked the idea a lot but was curious if it was one of those things where its interesting to yourself but not to others. It's not every game you get to play day to day shitty town guard.

Ah, no worries, it's mostly there for background/fluff. Extra reasoning for the djinni to be in the tournament and I wanted to have a little extra mystery/story in there to shake things up, rather than just "PCs beat each other up"
>>
Running a detective campaign that happens during the 80s in chile (military dictatorship) while the pcs try to find a strange serial murderer.

PCs have supernatural buddies as in Fate/Stay Night.
>>
Working on an only war campaign right now.
All I can say is that it's not water making the mud in the trenches.
>>
I've got a weird fantasy setting I've poured so much time into but no real hooks for a campaign.

I've also made a Destiny/Mass Effect style space opera setting for a game of Kingdom about the colonies of the gas giant moons revolting against Terran noble houses.
>>
File: image.jpg (279 KB, 833x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
279 KB, 833x1024
Doing a scifi like campaign in a realm like Firefly. PCs currently made a couple mistakes when they killed a POI that was popular in the community and then opened fire against some rebels on a train. PR is low and the people who they are working for want to get rid of them. So as GM I'm thinking that the org sends them on a mission to act as rebels and steal money from a bank so they can frame the rebels and kill off the PCs.
I just need help with designing a bank. I want to do it like the payday 2 mission bank robbery.

Any advice /tg/?
>>
>>44523847
thanks
really helped
>>
I've been running a campaign for a year and half right now where the players have unravelled a conspiracy planned by a corrupted epic level adventurer to take over the country they've been journeying in.

At this point, they've plunged the country into civil war between loyalists and the supporters of the corrupted hero. Right now, they're trying to get foreign aid for their side, but little do they know one of their party members has been informing on them for the better part of a year now. The revel is coming soon, so I have to prep that.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.