[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So a friend mentioned the idea of a Jojo's bizarre adventure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 13
File: Work of an enemy stand jojo.png (134 KB, 375x549) Image search: [Google]
Work of an enemy stand jojo.png
134 KB, 375x549
So a friend mentioned the idea of a Jojo's bizarre adventure campaign, what the hell would that even look like? Regular people would be laughable with a stand at your side, but stands themselves are intricate and all have special rules. Would need some sort of weak mass production stand to work as enemy for random encounters
>>
>>44513804
I had a friend who ran a JoJo game in Fate. He said it went well, as did his players.
I have no experience with either, so I can't really advise.
>>
File: Disco Inferno.png (970 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Disco Inferno.png
970 KB, 1366x768
Got you covered Anon.
Enemy Stand User is a tattoo artist and he gives his followers tattoos that give them weak/limited Stand Power.
I realize Tattoo You is already taken but I still think it's up your alley.
>>
>>44513804
JoJo does not have throwaway encounters. Every encounter should be meaningful, every opponent one-of-a-kind. It's better to think of a session in terms of what kind of unusual opponent will players face , a monster-of-the-week type scenario, rather than usual D&D roadtrip.
To pace the campaign you could add dangerous situations with no antagonist and no way to just punch through a problem. But no mooks and no "oh here are random orcs, roll for initiative."
>>
>>44513910
I know that but I'm trying to think up a way to adapt it to a rule set rather than just making role play
>>
>>44513804
I ran one session of a Jojo game. I did have a couple times where they just fought a bunch of dudes with weapons, though "like twenty dudes with baseball bats" was the first thing they faced after getting their stand. I'd planned for them to basically play backup to an actual stand user when it came to the later stuff.
>>
>>44513804
The best thing to do is for you and your friend to get better taste, solidify what you actually want to play through reasonable discussion, and post an ad on roll20.net looking for someone to run the game for you.
>>
>>44514107
>get better taste
>post an ad on roll20.net looking for someone to run the game for you
Pick fucking one.
>>
File: Consider the following.jpg (45 KB, 300x301) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following.jpg
45 KB, 300x301
>>44513804
>players and the GM will never be as creative in the use of and development of Stand powers as Araki.
>you will never experience a Jojo-like fight full of reversals, tricks, and an awe inspiring twist ending.

Why even bother?
>>
File: 1.png (43 KB, 1313x212) Image search: [Google]
1.png
43 KB, 1313x212
l did it, it was really sweet actually. Pic related, l posted it in /a/ a while ago.

lt was mostly an investigation campaign, and l tried to convey a JoJo feeling with the best of my habilities. The enemy stands had powers like being invincible while being looked at or changing (or removing) the colors of stuff.
>>
>>44514107
>get better taste
You realize that coming into a thread just to post "Stop liking things I don't like, you poopy-head!" makes YOU the faggot in this case, right? Filters and the "hide thread" option do exist, just sayin'.
>>
>>44513804
Look up RuneQuest 6 - especially the animism rules. Spirits are invisible to non-shamans, use custom spirits with a wide array of powers, and the system is lethal both in and out of spirit combat with the PCs still having a lot of agency.

For the ripple use the mysticism rules, and vampires and such have huge boosts over humans in stats.

If you want a Jojo campaign with quality combat and very little need to homebrew, RQ6 is the best way to go.
>>
I have a group of friends starting a Jojo campaign next week. I'm still working out a Stand. So far I have two possible ideas: 1. Going the Distance: Objects thrown by the user stay in constant motion. 2. Some Kind of Nature: Able to transmute simple elements from one to another.
>>
>>44516548
Well, depending on the power level, those might fit or they might be useless.
And while you shouldn't be afraid of taking multiple weak powers, recognize when a power is actually more versatile than you think. Does transmuting elements mean you can pop walls into water or thin air? Can a house fire crumble into a harmless dust storm instead? What does "transmute" "simple" OR "elements" mean practically?
I usually like to take space bending or context manipulation powers because it lets me get creative.
>>
File: dio_intensifies.gif (422 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
dio_intensifies.gif
422 KB, 500x500
>>44517111
>recognize when a power is actually more versatile than you think.

This. Even if a Stand's ability seems limited, a clever individual should be able to use theirs in ways that nobody expects. I mean, nobody expects the ability to turn into string to be useful, and yet...

Remember: even the "weakest" of Stands is still a superpower that puts a Stand User beyond ordinary humans.
>>
>>44517233
'cept for some of the stands in part 6, like Marilyn Manson.

Just refuse to bet and it does nothing. I guess you can still use it against retards, but tricking retards shouldn't be super power tier.
>>
>>44513804
Look at The 7th Stand user.

Some stand users can generate things which you can encounter apart from them.

Just because you have a stand doesn't mean you can't have to defend yourself against normie assassins and traps as well
>>
>>44513885
You can use non-musical themes for stand names.

>>44514128
Because a roleplaying game is different from writing a story.
Also Araki is sort of a hack at times that just pulls shit out of his ass that writes him into a corner, then to get out of it he has to pull even more blatant shit out.
>>
>>44517233
Except thats actually wrong.

Some stand users can die pretty easily if you just snipe them, with a mundane gun.

Not all stands are created equal.
>>
>>44517233
So Stand Users are basically Time Wizards.
>>
>>44513885
What about t.A.T.u.?
>>
>>44519550
This. Most of the enemies you fight were either created with a stand's power (giant fucking insects are pretty common until you hunt down the lady responsible and introduce your stand fist to her stand face) or 'weak' automatic stands that could be dispatched without harm to the user (and summoned up again later). There's also assholes on camels who will absolutely ruin your day without needing stands at all.
>>
>>44519688
Not quite on that level but pretty fucking close.
>>
>>44519782
It was a pretty interesting detail of that game, since alot of the events/encounters are optional that if you defeat the stand user who's power is creating specific random encounter enemies, like the giant insects you mention, then they will be removed from the current area and all following areas that would otherwise appear in because obviously no more user to summon them.

>>There's also assholes on camels who will absolutely ruin your day without needing stands at all.
Oh man seriously, fuck those guys.
>>
>>44519850
The amount of shit the guy put in the game is absolutely mind-blowing. There's like 30 different endings and a bunch of tiny little scripted events that differ based on what Stand you have.

My favorite one is fighting Kira when your stand is Napalm Death
>>
File: dontfuckwiththissenator.png (63 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
dontfuckwiththissenator.png
63 KB, 640x480
>>44519891
Never used that stand, but I have managed to get the best ending in all of JJBA.
>>
>>44513804
>>44517233
Not all stands give you a super strong murder invisible ghost floating around you to respond with rapidfire punches.

http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Oh!_Lonesome_Me

Actually I always thought it was kind of dumb, with the stands that give you a high-tier/super broken power AND the bulletproof superman even when it is in no way relevant to your unique power while other people get shit like the rope and no superfightingghost to go with it.

It seems like the series would make more sense if there were alot less humanoid stands.
Sure you might counter with the argument that Stands are named so because they "Stand" beside you, but that was always a super forced and really dumb explanation by Araki not to mention inaccurate since the guy claiming this doesn't even have a humanoid stand to begin with.
>>
>>44520351
A lot of the newer stands aren't humanoid or aren't super powered punch ghost, just ghosts who can do something special.
Part 7 in particular had like no human stands.
>>
>>44520406
Part 7 kinda changed rules. Stands are no longer "the thing you summon anytime" but instead you have to summon them by doing a certain thing. Of course there are still "normal, insta summon to your side" stands, but guys like Blackmore didn't have casual Stands per se. And i never fucking expected that Ninja in the poncho could be terrifying.
>>
>>44520406
You are talking nonsense there since part 7 literally has THE WORLD in it.
Not to mention Tusk gets bigger and more humanoid as it proceeds through its Acts, and D4C also has a humanoid form along with being one of the most stupidly broken stands in the franchise.

Also part 8 is filled with superhuman stands that can slap your shit.
>>
>>44513804
Also, OP, if you're looking for a "mass production, random encounter type Stand", use, for example, "Murderdolls" from 7th Stand User. If you didn't play, it basically created automatic dolls that wander around and attack choosen targets. They may have very deceptive looks (fucker in the game made them bunny girls, for example) or create clones of himself just to fuck around with the party. He can also go full Megazord with them, so watch your ass. Hyuk hyuk hyuk.
>>
File: 1451329286981.jpg (574 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1451329286981.jpg
574 KB, 800x1000
>>
File: 1252206575524.jpg (185 KB, 709x759) Image search: [Google]
1252206575524.jpg
185 KB, 709x759
>>
>>44514392
Did you storytime or is that the whole thing you've posted so far?
>>
>>44522655
Only thing. lt was my first experience as a dm. Shit was crazy.
>>
>>44513804
Yknow someone could totally get by as the (young) Speedwagon of the group, just because you personally wouldn't be able to see Enemy Stands doesn't mean you couldn't aid the group in their purpose through your skills. Depending on the circumstances you could even aid the group in a confrontation since while the stand is untouchable the stand user isn't and you might well be overlooked. And if you die then the drama of your death will only serve to inspire your comrades to fight harder from that point on for your sake!
>>
>>44514128
>>players and the GM will never be as creative in the use of and development of Stand powers as Araki.

I've seen some pretty cool Stands and plot ideas in /sss/
>>
>>44525135
Skimmed through the last thread myself, was pretty interesting. I might have to actually participate in one tomorrow or next week.
>>
File: 1274726627876.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1274726627876.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
>>
>>44516165
Would be cool to see a competent ripple use who had a stand they use in combination with and as an extension of their ripple tricks, so young joseph instead of old over the hill joseph.

Even simply a jonathan kind of fighter with a stand like star platinum and seeing them finish a confrontation with an almighty SUNLIGHT YELLOW ORA ORA ORA on something together at the same time.
>>
Does anyone have a pdf those stand building rules that get posted in the Super Stand Sunday threads?

I was hoping to look them over to see what sort of creation system I'm dealing with.
>>
File: [] bizzare adventure.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
[] bizzare adventure.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44528193
Here's the d100 one, I don't seem to have the FATE based one on hand.
>>
>>44528900
Ah, that's exactly the one I was thinking of actually.

Thanks dubs anon.
>>
File: FATE JoJo Hack.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
FATE JoJo Hack.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44528900
Scratch that my file organization is just shit
>>
>>44528918
no problem, glad I had the right thing on hand.
>>
>>44517233
Some stand can fuck you over, too.
>>
>>44517233
reminds me of the stand I used, could link two people or objects via a red thread, and make them share or swap "attributes", which could be weight, strenght, speed, etc.
Most common idea everyone had when I mentioned it was "ok link a a heavy object to a light one, swap weights, throw heavy object, revert weights".
A friend pointed out I could do shit like swap liquids density, and basically make someone exploede but I felt that was on the level of "lol airbenders take the air out of your lungs and kill you!" also I know fuck all about physics
>>
>>44521280
Is this from one of the artbooks? is she supposed to be the baby joseph finds in part 4?
>>
File: 「BIZARRE ADVENTURES」0_2.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
「BIZARRE ADVENTURES」0_2.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44528900
This one was updated a while back.
>>
>>44520427
Like an evil Mary Poppins.
>>
>>44529927
About how many points do you think a lie detector would be worth?

A little more open-ended that D'Arby the Younger's "Yes/No" thing, but only works if the person verbally tells a lie(half-truths and being evasive don't trigger it, only flat-out lies).
>>
File: Precisely.jpg (90 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Precisely.jpg
90 KB, 1920x1080
>>44532220
Hmm. Something that will only detect blatant lies? So I take it those trying to fool it only has to word it differently, exaggerate a bit, or simply think about the lie would get past it pretty easily. I would peg it at either 6 or 7 points, depending on if the lie detector ability extends into body language as well as verbal answers.
>>
>>44532465
I was planning on mostly verbal lies.

Yeah, it would be simple to thwart if someone's aware of his power ahead of time. Like asking a robber where he hid the stolen merchandise(and it's in his trunk).

Saying he doesn't know or it's somewhere besides his trunk will trigger it, but saying he "left it somewhere" or "it's around" won't get a ping.

Considering making it a more non-combat Stand(though not completely incapable of defending itself).

Would also giving it the power to know the truth if flat-out lied to make it too broken?
>>
>>44532591
Depends on who you're giving this power to? Other than that, I think that bold-faced lies leading to the truth would be an interesting spin. Perhaps the Stand would only have the ability to detect lies - if someone is being evasive or vague with half-truths or exaggerations, or even if the target is actually telling the truth, the Stand would not register (it can only register lies). It could make for a fun PC Stand for someone who wants to play a puzzle character.
>>
>>44532670
>Perhaps the Stand would only have the ability to detect lies - if someone is being evasive or vague with half-truths or exaggerations, or even if the target is actually telling the truth, the Stand would not register (it can only register lies)

Basically the idea I was shooting for, yeah.

I'll definitely look it over, and try to make something for Super Stand Sunday.
>>
>>44520406
Part 7 had 3 humanoid stands. Sandman's in a Silent Way, Valetine's Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, and Diego's World. 4 if you count Johnny's TUSK Act 4, but I think TUSK act 4 has to be "shot" from horse back. 5 if you count Gyro's Ball Breaker, but I think thats less of a stand and more manifestation of the golden rotation.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.