[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1387656364224.gif (749 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1387656364224.gif
749 KB, 500x500
>Be at my game on Wednesday
>Need to take a guy alive so we can quiz him.
>Things take a turn for the worse and we need to smack him.
>Win initiative
>"No problem, I'll just use nonlethal damage and belt him.
>Nat 20
>Confirm that crit.
>Nonlethal him to death.

How does that shit work? Surely if I get a crit while using nonlethal, I should expertly not kill the guy.
>>
>>44506042
Your gm didn't want you questioning the guy, so he took an easy way out.
>>
>>44506042
Oh, it's this thread again.
This never happened. Fuck off and kill yourself.
>>
>>44506042

Well it's a good thing Speak to Dead is a spell!
>>
Well obviously you did enough non-lethal damage to make his no -lethal damage count equal his total health count. Every point of non-lethal damage beyond that point is treated as lethal damage. Maybe he was already damaged and you stun punched his spine in half?
>>
>>44506042
The same thing happened to me. We wanted to capture a Tau scientist alive, but our newly acquired member took offense that they stole his weapon, and proceeded to punch them.

Two righteous furies in a row. All that was left was a fine red mist.
>>
>>44506446
So, what you're saying is that Tau suck at close quarters combat?
>>
>>44506042

Non-Lethal damage, the only time your dice has two Nat 1s on it.
>>
>>44506042
>If a creature's nonlethal damage is equal to his total maximum hit points (not his current hit points), all further nonlethal damage is treated as lethal damage. This does not apply to creatures with regeneration. Such creatures simply accrue additional nonlethal damage, increasing the amount of time they remain unconscious.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Nonlethal-Damage

There was similar optional rules in 3.5.

Anyways if you do a lot of damage, if the target has low max hp,or already has a a lot of damage on him it is not that hard to get someone into the negatives and or dead. Keep in mind that even with the danger zone being more nonlethal damage then max hp 'real' damage does not make that point come earlier but it does cause the nonlethal roll over to be more deadly.
>>
File: wrongURL-tan.jpg (134 KB, 800x708) Image search: [Google]
wrongURL-tan.jpg
134 KB, 800x708
>roll a skill check
>nat 20
>do it so well the exact opposite of what I wanted to happen occurs

Every week forever
>>
>>44506446
You can choose to convert all your damage to fatigue if you're doing nonlethal though.

You literally cannot nonlethal someone to death in that system unless you or your GM is retarded.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.